Rate Dodstrike (June to October 2020)

A group of morally flexible dimensional troubleshooters out to make a name for themselves in Atlantis.
(Characters in this game/group cannot transfer to a rifts group outside of it.)
GM: Dodsrike
AGM: The Apothecary

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Rate your GM!!!

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:05 pm

10 - The Best GM ever!
No votes
9 - Awesome GM
No votes
8 - Excellent GM
No votes
7 - Good GM
No votes
6 - Decent GM
No votes
5 - Struggling GM
40%
4 - Needs work
40%
3 - Hard to handle
20%
2 - Unacceptable
No votes
1 - Utter Failure
No votes

Total votes : 5

Rate Dodstrike (June to October 2020)

Postby The Apothecary » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Game Master (GM)

Duties:
  • Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
  • Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
  • Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
  • Maintain your adventure notes in the GM's Cabal. (Gist: If a random GM can't pick up and run the adventure from your notes, the notes are unsatisfactory.)
  • Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.
  • Coordinate with the AGM regarding expected adventure dates & time-frames.
  • Consult with AGM regarding XP awards.
  • Directly notify AGM via PM of any expected absences in addition to the Account Status Tracker.

Rewards:
  • GMs will be rated according to merit by their players every quadrimester.
  • Rating will be done by players on the following schedule:
      • Quad 1: June 1st
      • Quad 2: October 1st
      • Quad 3: February 1st
  • Each is responsible for creating his rating poll on the above schedule.
  • Players are responsible for rating the GMs within a week of the poll being posted, and posting notice that they have voted (in the same thread.)
  • Ratings will be conducted via poll and averaged to the nearest whole number.
  • Players who do not vote will be removed from the average.

GM Rating Reward Table
    10: You have earned 7 EP.
    9: You have earned 6 EP.
    8: You have earned 5 EP.
    7: You have earned 4 EP.
    4-6: You have earned only 2 EP, also, you're on probation.
    1-3: Your position is now vacant; the group's AGM will post the availability of the group's GM position to the OOC Recruiting Thread.
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master

Re: Rate Dodstrike (June to October 2020)

Postby Kianra'Dea » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 am

Pros;
-We started out strong with an intriguing environment and high potential even when we lost our initial group leader.
-Posts usually have, either via PM or body, something for everyone to respond too.

Cons;
-GM Post Rate is largely unacceptable with nearly an entire month of silence and a month of sporadic at best posts before that.
-While communication in chat has been sporadically good; words =/= actions. There have multiple examples when we were told a post would be forthcoming and nothing came, for an entire month.
--The AGM exists to help, not to cover in lieu of communication. A plan should be in place for the AGM to be able to pick up the slack without it being detrimental to the game and with positive communication.

Overall, I was very near completely quitting the game and had our AGM not stepped in when they did, I would have. If you are having trouble, either with creativity or commitment, do not be afraid to admit such and step aside. We will not hold a grudge or harbor ill will for such, however when we go nearly half a quad with next to nothing in way of promises vs posts and communication, it is extremely demoralizing.

I'm not going to say you need to step down, as you've shown activity in the past week and a general, if not vague promise to do better. I plan on holding you to that, and am voting for a probationary period being this next quad. In a play by post setting, the players ability to advance is entirely dependent on the GMs ability to post and communicate.

Needless to specifically define, I am not happy with the game at the moment. My unhappiness stems also from the point of, I wanted to play my dragon and I switched PCs when we lost our initial Team Leader so that our group could be viable with the idea we were targeting. After said switch, I'm having a hard time developing any connection to my PC and the lack of GM involvement only encourages me to drop it.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Kianra'Dea

Postby Rana » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:50 am

Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.

This didn't happen.

Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.

These notifications, when they came, were frequently not followed through on.

Coordinate with the AGM regarding expected adventure dates & time-frames.

I'm not certain this happened - as we had to scramble for a GM post after a month. If you can't make a post, you should be in touch with your AGM at that time, to make sure you don't have a whole group waiting weeks for you.

This is a fledgling campaign in a unique setting on Rifts Earth - it has remarkable potential to be amazing... if it doesn't die in infancy. At this stage in campaign development, we need more dedication from our GM.

The good news is I am confident you can do it. You started off the quad very strongly - you just have to continue in that vein. But I have to confess that, like Nate, I considered dropping the campaign when the GM posts stopped coming.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
Rana

Postby Consumer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 am

Voted
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Lord of skulls » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:30 pm

Voted
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Voted.

I concur with everything above.

I also think this game has a lot of potential and some really solid players. And I think when our GM is on point, he's on point.

I am hopeful we can turn this thing around and realize some of the potential that I think most, if not all, of us see in it.

And I'm confident that, if we stay accountable to each other and keep the lines of communication open between everyone, that will occur.

Onward to a better Q3! :)
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos
Group Leader

Return to Atlantis (Restricted Access, 2 Openings)