Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 am

Hellblazers HQ, Splynn
Monday, June 12th, 0920

Érebos wrote:"An interesting proposal," says Érebos in a neutral tone while briefly pausing after Elinora's delivery. He shifts for a moment, and looks up. Then: "I don't see any reason we shouldn't meet with your lord. If he cleared his schedule to meet with Hellblazers Inc this morning, I'm inclined to say that Hellblazers Inc can return the favor," says the Shadow Mage to Elinora.

"Since he did clear his schedule, I'm presuming this meeting should take place as soon as possible - in other words, we should go with you now?" he asks Elinora.


Elinora laughs, "He has agreed to make time whenever I get you there. While I don't know your schedule, I can assure you the sooner we begin, the more likely your success will be." She then shrugs and smiles at Erebos, leaving what to do up to him.

Kianra'Dea wrote:Kianra offers a short nod of her head. "I'd love some." She says, her attitude changing from her formerly cold demeanour to a rather welcoming one.


"Ah, excellent. It is a special blend, I have to make it myself these days. The one who originally made it has been dead for quite some time." She is smiling as she says it, and produces another cup, fill it and hands it to Kianra. It is a slightly bitter tea, with hints of berries and mints, along with some other spice you can't quite identify. Rather tasty, if you like tea. "It's so nice to sit like civilized beings over a cup of tea is it not?"

Venenifer wrote:Venenifer will sit back and watch the exchange with genuine interest, curiosity and amusement. It's so interesting when these mortals get so uppity. She muses with a smile. When the one called Elinora claims to have walked on the land when its original owners had lived, the dragoness perks an eyebrow.

"My, my. May I just say, Lady Elinora, that you look gorgeous for your age, then." She says.

Ven nods with a sly smirk. "I would love to accompany you to hear this Lords offer." She says then glances at the mysterious woman and adds, "And will gladly entertain our guest while you all get ready."

As the others move to get ready, Ven will help herself to a cup of tea then make small talk with Elinora. "So, if you do not mind my possibly, rather invasive question, what are you, exactly?" She asks amid a drink. "If it's private, you're welcome to your secrets. I am just rather curious."


Elinora gives Venenifer an interesting look, "Why thank you, I do try, but really, it helps to not have to feel the years. You might understand better when you are a few centuries older. Age grants a certain perspective after all." She winks at Ven as she says it. "And while you can ask what I am, I am afraid the answer is a little on the complex side of thing, for I am far more than I intended to be when I was brought into the world. Sufficient to say the journey we all take through the Megaverse changes us, and makes us grow, should we wish it."

[quote="ColdCenter"]He then turns to the bewitching lady and speaks up. "Excuse me Lady Elinora. What would be acceptable attire when meeting with your lord? Would I offend him if I worn this armor and brought my weapon with me? I only ask because I would like to make the best impression as possible."

Elinora sighs. ""I take it you are new to Atlantis. Or maybe just not used to certain parts of society. Go everywhere armed and armored. It's just a basic safety precaution in a city like this."

Elinora will make polite small talk with Ven and whoever else wants to join in until you are ready to go.

Outside, you notice that Elinora brought an entourage. As soon as she steps outside, four winged dragonoids take to the skies, and 4 ogre sized, truly ugly brutes close ranks with her. They have little yellow eyes, rams horns, pig noses and the lower bodies of a goat. She says something to them in a very guttural and harsh sounding language, and they begin to lead you through Atlantis. It would seem your goal is on the other side of the Imperial Pyramid, away from the Dimensional Market. One you get to a larger street, a large hovercraft settles down and opens its door, Elinora beckons you to enter "This will speed up the trip significantly" After a 15 minute flight, the hovercraft sets down in front of a small pyramid. "Were are here. Lets get you inside so you can meet my lord."[b] Elinora will lead you inside the entrance to the pyramid, And up a couple of floors to a waiting room. [b]"Wait a moment, I need to let him know you are here."

Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1000

As Elinora slips inside the door, you can hear snatches of conversation in an odd language before the door shuts. After about 5 minutes, Elinora opens the door and smiles at you all "He is ready now. Please, come in"

Walking into the room, while you were not sure what you expected, this probably wasn't it. The large room is filled with screens, some of which flash through some interesting scenery, some of which has writing in languages you can't read. Standing in the middle of the room is a 15 foot tall being, one that looks like a shadow is wrapped up in a robe. He glances at the party, cocks his head, then suddenly a man with dusky skin and dark brown hair is standing in front of you. While not as good looking as Elinora, he still cuts a very impressive figure, and as he looks at you, you can feel the force of his personality. "Ah, the Hellblazers Inc. There are more of you than I was lead to believe. I'm sure that means good things. I am Masaruke. Welcome to my pyramid"

He motions you towards a table, one with room for everyone, with enough variety in chairs that everyone can find a seat. "I know Elinora will have given you the basics of what I am willing to offer, and since you are here, I know you would like details. Saturday night, a group of dimensional raiders broke into my pyramid and stole some tomes of mine, very valuable tomes. While I am still trying to determine how they breached the defenses, I did have a trusted agent,"[b] he nods at Elinora, [b]"track them through the Megaverse as they rifted away. A day later, when they stopped, she came back to report where they were. I need those tomes recovered, but unfortunately due to the war, I cannot exactly task as many troops as I would like to take care of the job. An associate of mine mentioned some time ago that you would be coming to Splynn. I trust his discretion and judgement, he hasn't let me down in the centuries I have known him. He lets out a sigh, steeples his fingers in front of his face, and continues "I am willing to pay one million credits up front, succeed or fail, for you to go through the portal Elinora can make to take you to the plane they are in. I am missing 6 tomes, and some accompanying dataslates. Half a million credits for each tome you recover intact, and another hundred thousand for the dataslates. My only condition is that you leave no later than tomorrow morning. So, do we have a deal?"

What are you doing?

OOC Comments
Demon and Monster lore to identify things if you are so inclined
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 78
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): None

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




Dodsrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1000

As Elinora slips inside the door, you can hear snatches of conversation in an odd language before the door shuts. After about 5 minutes, Elinora opens the door and smiles at you all "He is ready now. Please, come in"

Walking into the room, while you were not sure what you expected, this probably wasn't it. The large room is filled with screens, some of which flash through some interesting scenery, some of which has writing in languages you can't read. Standing in the middle of the room is a 15 foot tall being, one that looks like a shadow is wrapped up in a robe. He glances at the party, cocks his head, then suddenly a man with dusky skin and dark brown hair is standing in front of you. While not as good looking as Elinora, he still cuts a very impressive figure, and as he looks at you, you can feel the force of his personality. "Ah, the Hellblazers Inc. There are more of you than I was lead to believe. I'm sure that means good things. I am Masaruke. Welcome to my pyramid"

He motions you towards a table, one with room for everyone, with enough variety in chairs that everyone can find a seat.


The Shadow Mage inclines his head politely toward the "man" in front of him and takes a seat, prepared to listen even as he takes in the features of the man and the room they are in, instinctively mapping out paths to exit if things go sideways.

Also: Lore, Demons & Monsters (ID everything in the vicinity of the pyramid) ---> 1d100 = 86/72%
Faeries & Creatures of Magic ---> 1d100 = 62/57%


Masaruke wrote:"I know Elinora will have given you the basics of what I am willing to offer, and since you are here, I know you would like details. Saturday night, a group of dimensional raiders broke into my pyramid and stole some tomes of mine, very valuable tomes. While I am still trying to determine how they breached the defenses, I did have a trusted agent,"[b] he nods at Elinora, [b]"track them through the Megaverse as they rifted away. A day later, when they stopped, she came back to report where they were. I need those tomes recovered, but unfortunately due to the war, I cannot exactly task as many troops as I would like to take care of the job. An associate of mine mentioned some time ago that you would be coming to Splynn. I trust his discretion and judgement, he hasn't let me down in the centuries I have known him. He lets out a sigh, steeples his fingers in front of his face, and continues "I am willing to pay one million credits up front, succeed or fail, for you to go through the portal Elinora can make to take you to the plane they are in. I am missing 6 tomes, and some accompanying dataslates. Half a million credits for each tome you recover intact, and another hundred thousand for the dataslates. My only condition is that you leave no later than tomorrow morning. So, do we have a deal?"


Érebos takes in the man's words and considers them carefully. "A most generous offer, Lord Masaruke," he says and smiles. "Where is this destination dimension of which you speak, and what are the characteristics of it? Some dimensions are more.... troublesome, shall we say, than others, and we should be prepared if we are to leave on the morrow," he says with a twinkle in his eye.

And the more dangerous the mission, the higher the risk... and the reward he thinks.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 am

JiC: 1d100 = 85/1d20 = 5
Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 83

Lore, Demons and Monsters [68%]: 1d100 = 50

Kianra will follow and is noticably impressed by Elinora's entourage. When they arrive at the stone pyramid, her face becomes stoic as they enter. Quietly waiting until they are shown to the Lord of this pyramid, Kianra feels her breathe hitch at the sight of the towering robed monster. What is this being. She silently asks herself trying to discern its origin as it speaks and transforms. Shapeshifting. I've encountered such before. She thinks, glancing at Venenifer.

She'll remain silent and motionless, like a soldier, with her hands resting behind her back as her muscles tighten. She's uncomfortable but committed. After Erebos asks his question, Kianra nods slightly towards Erebos as if agreeing to the deal. When there is a break, she'll add, "Is there a time line you would need them back by, Milord, or is the stipulation we leave by tomorrow and retrieve them as quickly as we are able?" She asks, attempting to clarify how long they might have before potentially earning this beings ire.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 55

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 35

Rana travels with the group to Masaruke's pyramid. As they are introduced to Masaruke,a nd encounter him as a being seemingly composed of Shadow, Rana scrutinizes him carefully.

Recognize undead & vampires 50% 1d100 = 71 (is he undead? - FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 38%/53% when dealing with undead 1d100 = 47 (if he is, what kind? If not, what is he? FAIL for Demons and monsters but not undead)
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 93 (Have I heard of Masaruke in my travels? FAIL)

Masaruke wrote:"I know Elinora will have given you the basics of what I am willing to offer, and since you are here, I know you would like details. Saturday night, a group of dimensional raiders broke into my pyramid and stole some tomes of mine, very valuable tomes. While I am still trying to determine how they breached the defenses, I did have a trusted agent track them through the Megaverse as they rifted away. A day later, when they stopped, she came back to report where they were. I need those tomes recovered, but unfortunately due to the war, I cannot exactly task as many troops as I would like to take care of the job. An associate of mine mentioned some time ago that you would be coming to Splynn. I trust his discretion and judgement, he hasn't let me down in the centuries I have known him.


As Erebos asks about the dimension they fled to, Rana's concerns are more visceral.

"I too have questions."

She begins, as would any tracker, by inquiring what manner of thing she is tracking. "Who are these thieves? Do you know them? Can you describe them? How many were there?"

If Masaruke names a group or individuals, Rana will try to determine if she has heard of them, and if she knows they're relevant modii operandi.

Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 38 (if named, have I heard of them? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 36 (if I have heard of them, what is their M.O.? - SUCCESS)

Then, knowing as much as she can about their habits and goals as possible, she seeks a trail. "Did they leave behind any evidence - something personal that I might have to track them with? Or may we examine the place the books were stolen from?"

Even if they left nothing behind but were injured, I may still be able to track their scent.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 49
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 16
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 78
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.




dodstrike wrote:Outside, you notice that Elinora brought an entourage. As soon as she steps outside, four winged dragonoids take to the skies, and 4 ogre sized, truly ugly brutes close ranks with her. They have little yellow eyes, rams horns, pig noses and the lower bodies of a goat. She says something to them in a very guttural and harsh sounding language, and they begin to lead you through Atlantis. It would seem your goal is on the other side of the Imperial Pyramid, away from the Dimensional Market. One you get to a larger street, a large hovercraft settles down and opens its door, Elinora beckons you to enter "This will speed up the trip significantly" After a 15 minute flight, the hovercraft sets down in front of a small pyramid. "Were are here. Lets get you inside so you can meet my lord." Elinora will lead you inside the entrance to the pyramid, And up a couple of floors to a waiting room. "Wait a moment, I need to let him know you are here."


Skulls takes up the rear of the group as they travel through Spynn. He had thought it best to go unarmed, a decision he regretted four steps into the journey.I will be less threatening if I am unarmed. Oh, that is dumb. Really? I could not have just gone to my room, grabbed my spear? What are these goat hybrids that serve the Tea Witch? Skulls looks over Elinora's entourage from the shadow of his large hood. This is his first time in the city a free troll and he tries to keep his bearings as they travel.

Skill Rolls:
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55% 1d100 = 5(If he Knows the race of Elinora's entourage.)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 50% 1d100 = 19(If he Knows the race of Elinora's entourage.)
Land Navigation 64% 1d100 = 24 (Judging the distance and route roughly.)

Dodstrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1000

Walking into the room, while you were not sure what you expected, this probably wasn't it. The large room is filled with screens, some of which flash through some interesting scenery, some of which has writing in languages you can't read. Standing in the middle of the room is a 15 foot tall being, one that looks like a shadow is wrapped up in a robe. He glances at the party, cocks his head, then suddenly a man with dusky skin and dark brown hair is standing in front of you. While not as good looking as Elinora, he still cuts a very impressive figure, and as he looks at you, you can feel the force of his personality. "Ah, the Hellblazers Inc. There are more of you than I was lead to believe. I'm sure that means good things. I am Masaruke. Welcome to my pyramid"

He motions you towards a table, one with room for everyone, with enough variety in chairs that everyone can find a seat.


Inside the pyramid Skulls follows the others lead. He is impressed by Masarukes original form, but tries not to react. Skulls removes his hood and nods respectfully as he replies to their host. "Greetings Masaruke." Skulls finds a seat at the table when bidden and focuses on Masaruke. Ok too tall, what are you? You get a pass becuase you welcomed a troll, and you do seem friendly Masaruke.

Skill Rolls:
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55%1d100 = 17 (If he knows Masaruke's race)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 50%1d100 = 59 (If he knows Masaruke's race)

Dodstrike wrote: "I know Elinora will have given you the basics of what I am willing to offer, and since you are here, I know you would like details. Saturday night, a group of dimensional raiders broke into my pyramid and stole some tomes of mine, very valuable tomes. While I am still trying to determine how they breached the defenses, I did have a trusted agent,"he nods at Elinora, "track them through the Megaverse as they rifted away. A day later, when they stopped, she came back to report where they were. I need those tomes recovered, but unfortunately due to the war, I cannot exactly task as many troops as I would like to take care of the job. An associate of mine mentioned some time ago that you would be coming to Splynn. I trust his discretion and judgement, he hasn't let me down in the centuries I have known him. He lets out a sigh, steeples his fingers in front of his face, and continues "I am willing to pay one million credits up front, succeed or fail, for you to go through the portal Elinora can make to take you to the plane they are in. I am missing 6 tomes, and some accompanying dataslates. Half a million credits for each tome you recover intact, and another hundred thousand for the dataslates. My only condition is that you leave no later than tomorrow morning. So, do we have a deal?"


Skulls sits calmly at the table his long arms crossed on his lap. He likes the offer. Bartering is interesting to the Troll, he wishes to learn how it is conducted on Atlantis. He will listen intently to Masaruke and his answers.

Paid to hunt. I have no questions. Let me run.





Skulls
P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby ColdCenter » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/45%
JIC: 1d100 = 49/1d20 = 11

Feeling kind of foolish from the answer that Elinora, Cold looks down at the floor while blushing a bit. When the group steps out of the headquarters he will give the guards a quick look over before stepping into the vehical.

When they arrive at the stone pyramid and exit the hovercraft the first thing he does is put his helmet back on and scan the area. Letting skulls bring up the rear Cold will be the second to last to enter. Up to this moment he has yet to say a word and most likely it will stay that way as he takes everything in. When they enter the room he will once again be the second to last to enter. Upon seeing the gaint shadow figure that suddenly transforms into a man stops in his tracks. Ok, wasn't expecting that. Not that I really know what I was expecting, but... Cold will choose to stand a few feet behind and to the right of Erebos and remove his helmet to hold it under his arm. When Masaruke states how much he willing to pay a smile creeps across Cold's face. Now that is what I'm talking about.

He will simply nod at the questions that Erebos, Kianra and Rana ask. I am a weapon. What could I bring to this conversation. The it quickly dawns on him. Weapons! He turns to Elinora and speaks up. "In the information that you gathered you wouldn't have by chance taken note of the type of weapons and defences they have in place."
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!


ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 2
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Irish for his prep just puts his work coveralls on proper-like instead of half tied around his waist. Irish isn't particularly talkative during the trip to the Pyramid, for reasons of his own choosing. Once inside the Pyramid, Irish is thoroughly impressed with the set up, an unusual combination of magic and technology. Again Irish isn't talkative when their client gives them the rest of the details. Mostly Irish nods along with what is said, with his hands in his overalls pockets. More than a little out of place considering how his companions portray themselves.

[Dragonese/Elven]"Any pictures or video of the thieves?" Irish asks, not expecting to get an answer.

Pays good, the job doesn't seem that hard. Not sure what a dimensional raider is, but how bad can they be. Irish thinks waiting to hear the answers to some of his companion's questions.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo


Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35


Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Current Loadout
User avatar
Irish
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Venenifer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Ven listens to Elinora tell her well-woven spin of words with a slight smile. "My, my. I do have much to learn it seems, and might've happened upon a truly capable teacher." Ven adds. She follows everyone out and is also visibly impressed by the entourage. "Quite the troop you have, milady Elinora." She says.

Once inside she quietly strides and follows the others, taking in each nook and cranny of the pyramid as they enter. When she sees the towering robed figure, she purses her lips in a tight smile. Eh, Impressive, but I can get bigger. She thinks playfully, briefly thinking about how much she'd like to stretch her wings and just fly for a few hours. Maybe she'd do so later that day, take a few of the crew up in the skies and show them the continent. The thought amuses her, and she listens absently to the job of the robed man. She lets her eyes meet Kianra's as the robed man shapeshifts and raises an eyebrow with a knowing smirk.

Glancing between the group, she lets them all ask their questions or make their comments. Once the last member of the team offers their thoughts, she'll add (if it hasn't been asked). "And what of... souvenirs? Or survivors?" She asks, then glances to Erebos with a shrug. "No point leaving behind people with a grudge." She finishes with a slight smile. Not that she would be going with, but this lord didn't need to know that unless he asked.
Venenifer the Dragoness | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe

Constant Abilities
Nightvision (200 feet / 61 m) | See the Invisible (At Will/Auto) | Mind Block Auto Defense | Resistant to Fire and Cold (M.D. Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2 DMG) | Impervious to all forms of Paralysis | Bioregeneration (1d10 MD/round (1d4*10 MD/min)) | Auto Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses and Dragons (20 miles) | Visually identify Dragons (even morphed) LoS (4,000 ft)
Physical Statistics
M.D.C.: 430/630 | P.P.E.: 136/136 | I.S.P.: 132/132
(S.D.C. Worlds Only): H.P.: 400/400 | S.D.C.: 253/253 | A.R.: 13
Dragon Size: 28.8ft Long (Approx 20ft tall) | 48ft Wingspan
Saving Throw Bonuses
(+ 1 on all other saving throws not listed here) )
Coma/Death: 28%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (varies): +9
Mind Control (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Venenifer
NAC
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:19 am

Masaruke's Pyramid
Monday, june 12, 1005


Érebos wrote:Érebos takes in the man's words and considers them carefully. "A most generous offer, Lord Masaruke," he says and smiles. "Where is this destination dimension of which you speak, and what are the characteristics of it? Some dimensions are more.... troublesome, shall we say, than others, and we should be prepared if we are to leave on the morrow," he says with a twinkle in his eye.


Masaruke looks at Érebos for a moment, then nods to Elinora. She steps forward "They quit running in a pocket dimension. It's dimensional walls were not as strong as typical pocket dimensions. I couldn't tell you how large it is, I was not there for that long. Where we dropped off was a fairly large jungle, although it clearly had paths cleared through it. Whether that was due to native fauna or sentient inhabitants was not immediately clear. From the sounds we hear, I imagine there are some large predators that are native to the place." With that she nods her head and takes a step back.

Kianra'Dea wrote:She'll remain silent and motionless, like a soldier, with her hands resting behind her back as her muscles tighten. She's uncomfortable but committed. After Erebos asks his question, Kianra nods slightly towards Erebos as if agreeing to the deal. When there is a break, she'll add, "Is there a time line you would need them back by, Milord, or is the stipulation we leave by tomorrow and retrieve them as quickly as we are able?" She asks, attempting to clarify how long they might have before potentially earning this beings ire.


Masaruke smile when he hears Kianra's question. "This happened just last night. I would like my things back as soon as possible, but without knowing how far and under what conditions you might need to travel, I am hesitant to put a time limit on things. However, I do need to make sure I am not waiting around forever, so I will give you one week. If I have not heard from you in one week I will take it that you have failed and I need to hire someone else."

Rana wrote:She begins, as would any tracker, by inquiring what manner of thing she is tracking. "Who are these thieves? Do you know them? Can you describe them? How many were there?"

"Did they leave behind any evidence - something personal that I might have to track them with? Or may we examine the place the books were stolen from?"


Elinora steps forward again, "We do not know who they are. The ones I managed to get a good look at were humanoid, wearing some form of voluminous black robe with a hood. I was trying to stay hidden to track them more than get an accurate count, but I would say there are at least 7 of them. All of them were in the height range for humans. As far as we can tell, they left nothing behind, although I think that under guard, you may be allowed to see the vault the books were taken from." She glances questioningly at Masaruke, who nods his assent.

Coldcenter wrote:He will simply nod at the questions that Erebos, Kianra and Rana ask. I am a weapon. What could I bring to this conversation. The it quickly dawns on him. Weapons! He turns to Elinora and speaks up. "In the information that you gathered you wouldn't have by chance taken note of the type of weapons and defences they have in place."

Elinora smiles at Coldcenter, "I could not really tell you what they might have at wherever they were going. I only tracked them to the dimension they stopped in. I did not follow further. They themselves were traveling light. I noticed no large weapons with them, and the robes they wore concealed whatever armor they would have been wearing."

Irish wrote:[Dragonese/Elven]"Any pictures or video of the thieves?" Irish asks, not expecting to get an answer.


Masaruke lets out a grunt of frustration. "No, there are no pictures or videos of the thieves. They somehow appeared inside the vault, by passing the security. If it were not for a mystic alarm on one of the books they neglected to dispell, I would not have even known about the theft at the time."

Venenifer wrote:Glancing between the group, she lets them all ask their questions or make their comments. Once the last member of the team offers their thoughts, she'll add (if it hasn't been asked). "And what of... souvenirs? Or survivors?" She asks, then glances to Erebos with a shrug. "No point leaving behind people with a grudge." She finishes with a slight smile. Not that she would be going with, but this lord didn't need to know that unless he asked.


A grim smile spreads across Masarukes face. "I have no need of souveniers. While a prisoner would be useful to interrogate, it is not a requirement of the job. Recovering my books is the highest priority."

Masaruke looks at you expectantly.
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 98
JIC (20): 1d20 = 13

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): None

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




Dodsrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid
Monday, june 12, 1005

Masaruke looks at Érebos for a moment, then nods to Elinora. She steps forward "They quit running in a pocket dimension. It's dimensional walls were not as strong as typical pocket dimensions. I couldn't tell you how large it is, I was not there for that long. Where we dropped off was a fairly large jungle, although it clearly had paths cleared through it. Whether that was due to native fauna or sentient inhabitants was not immediately clear. From the sounds we hear, I imagine there are some large predators that are native to the place." With that she nods her head and takes a step back.


Skill Roll: Lore Dimensions (if any characteristics described by Elinora ring a bell, also to see what information he can clean about the dimensional environment based on her description) --> 1d100 = 45/ 72%

The Shadow Mage nods at Elinora. "Thank you for that. I'm sure the relevant info about specific environmental variables will be quite useful for us," he says with a smile.
Not quite as much info as I had hoped for, but at least we aren't going in blind... he thinks.




Marasuke to Kianra wrote:Masaruke smile when he hears Kianra's question. "This happened just last night. I would like my things back as soon as possible, but without knowing how far and under what conditions you might need to travel, I am hesitant to put a time limit on things. However, I do need to make sure I am not waiting around forever, so I will give you one week. If I have not heard from you in one week I will take it that you have failed and I need to hire someone else."


"I think a week's time should be more than adequate, provided the targets are still in the place they were traced to, or not far from it. Do you agree, Kianra?" he says as he looks directly at Kianra and asks the experienced Tattooed Voyager, knowing that, despite the fact that they're both Atlantean, she's got more direct experience with dimensional travel than he.
I still need to look into learning how Shifters manipulate the dimensional fabrics... he thinks as he once again remembers his interest in learning more about the Shifter's arts.




Marasuke to Rana wrote:Elinora steps forward again, "We do not know who they are. The ones I managed to get a good look at were humanoid, wearing some form of voluminous black robe with a hood. I was trying to stay hidden to track them more than get an accurate count, but I would say there are at least 7 of them. All of them were in the height range for humans. As far as we can tell, they left nothing behind, although I think that under guard, you may be allowed to see the vault the books were taken from." She glances questioningly at Masaruke, who nods his assent.


Érebos looks at Rana and says, "We'll certainly take any advantages we can," he says, also nodding at the Ogress to express his confidence in her.




Marasuke to Coldcenter wrote:Elinora smiles at Coldcenter, "I could not really tell you what they might have at wherever they were going. I only tracked them to the dimension they stopped in. I did not follow further. They themselves were traveling light. I noticed no large weapons with them, and the robes they wore concealed whatever armor they would have been wearing."


A good question - too bad we don't know more in terms of an answer... he thinks as he eyes the Mega-Juicer.




Marasuke to Irish wrote:Masaruke lets out a grunt of frustration. "No, there are no pictures or videos of the thieves. They somehow appeared inside the vault, by passing the security. If it were not for a mystic alarm on one of the books they neglected to dispell, I would not have even known about the theft at the time."


More good questions... I'm liking how this group thinks the Shadow Mage says to himself. When he hears of bypassing the vault, he is reminded of the Phase technology of Phase World.

"Out of curiosity, Lord Marasuke, did you perchance have the vault protected by activated force fields when the vault was penetrated? The answer could clue us in to potential methods of the thieves to circumvent your security measures," he says to the man in charge, remembering what he learned about Phase technology while on Center and being exposed to a Promethean who had some strange phase abilities himself.




Marasuke to Venenifer wrote:A grim smile spreads across Masarukes face. "I have no need of souveniers. While a prisoner would be useful to interrogate, it is not a requirement of the job. Recovering my books is the highest priority."


A wicked grin crosses the face of Érebos as Ven's question is asked. It's too bad she's staying behind. I think she'd rather enjoy exacting punishment on these thieves when we find them he thinks to himself while admiring Ven's initiative. At the very least, we won't have any constraints upon our use of violence or force when it's needed.




Masaruke wrote:Marasuke looks at you expectantly.


Érebos will patiently wait for the others to ask or answer any other questions, and then confidently say to Lord Marasuke: [b]"I believe I can speak for all of the Hellblazers when I thank you for the opportunity to serve you, Lord Marasuke. We will take the utmost care and act with urgency to retrieve your property within the required timeframe. Congratulations on becoming a client of Hellblazers, Inc, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations."

If no one else has any questions, the Shadow Mage will then ask if they can see the vault, under supervision as needed.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Irish » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 37
Conditions: None, really.

Irish listens to his question being answered, nodding appropriately. [Euro]Well, all outside my wheelhouse. Guess I'll have to see where this goes. Irish thinks as he stands their quietly, with his hands in his pockets. [Euro]Just look the servant part and they'll likely forget you're even their mate. Irish thinks with a small smirk.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo


Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35


Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Current Loadout
User avatar
Irish
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:21 am

Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 13
JiC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 69


Lore, D-Bee [68%]: 1d100 = 70 (Using that she knows what Masaruke and his entourage is, what could Elinora be)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [68%]: 1d100 = 9 (Using that she knows what Masaruke and his entourage is, what could Elinora be)
Lore, Faeries and Creatures of Magic [48%]: 1d100 = 6 (Using that she knows what Masaruke and his entourage is, what could Elinora be)
Lore, Dimensions [63%]: 1d100 = 57 (Using that she knows what Masaruke and his entourage is, what could Elinora be)

Note: She thinks in Greek, Speaks in Dragonese/Elven by default

So, a horde of deevilkin and shock dragon foot soldiers serving a Greater Fiend. Kianra muses silently while furrowing her brow. Not exactly what I expected. I wonder what this Elanora is, if she too, is a Fiend. She seems to be above the grunt deevilkin in the hierarchy. This patron is as likely to turn on us the moment we outlive our usefulness as we are to be killed on his mission. Kianra notes to herself as they continue talking.

Masaruke wrote:"This happened just last night. I would like my things back as soon as possible, but without knowing how far and under what conditions you might need to travel, I am hesitant to put a time limit on things. However, I do need to make sure I am not waiting around forever, so I will give you one week. If I have not heard from you in one week I will take it that you have failed and I need to hire someone else."



Kianra is snapped from her mental thoughts when the fiend answers her and she offers a slight nod of her head. "Fair assertion." She answers plainly.

Erebos wrote:"I think a week's time should be more than adequate, provided the targets are still in the place they were traced to, or not far from it. Do you agree, Kianra?"


Kianra glances to Erebos and offers her fellow lantean a nod. "One week should be ample time. If we find ourselves unable to complete it due to the targets having moved, we'll find a way to send you word as to alleviate your need to hire new associates while we track them." Kianra answers, the last part directed at Masaruke.

She glances around at the others and their questions with a slight nod of her head in approval. They may not be lanteans, but at least they are intelligent. Good for more than fodder. She thinks to herself and allows a slight grin when Masaruke mentions souvenirs and prisoners in response to Ven. I'll try to bring you back some trinkets and toys, Ven. Maybe we can find some decent equipment that they will no longer need. She silently notes to herself, just incase Ven is listening in. She'll glance back to Masaruke with a sly smile; "We'll do our best to bring you a survivor to... interrogate at your whim, milord." She says simply, showing almost no qualms about interrogating those whom she is at odds with.

Before parting ways, she adds in favor of Rana's suggestion, "A quick look at that vault while under supervision would be appreciated, before we depart." She suggests.

Regardless of if that happens or not, she is ready to depart when the team is.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 3
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 16
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 89
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.




Masaruke's Pyramid
Monday, June 12, 1005

Elinora wrote:"They quit running in a pocket dimension. It's dimensional walls were not as strong as typical pocket dimensions. I couldn't tell you how large it is, I was not there for that long. Where we dropped off was a fairly large jungle, although it clearly had paths cleared through it. Whether that was due to native fauna or sentient inhabitants was not immediately clear. From the sounds we hear, I imagine there are some large predators that are native to the place."


Dimensional travel, pocket dimensions, dimensional walls? Up until now, Skulls had not thought on dimensions. The level of unknown mechanics now seem scary to the troll. Pushing the fear aside, Skulls imagines hunting in a jungle teeming with tasty life.




Venenifer wrote: "And what of... souvenirs? Or survivors?"


Skulls scans the reactions of his fellow Hellblazers to Venenifer's question.
Killers all? Really? This can not get better. Hunting humans with no restriction, I am naturally good at that. Humans may loath Masarukes kind, but it seems to me, the generous creature just needs help. I think that is what we do.




Dodstrike wrote:Masaruke looks at you expectantly.


Erebos wrote:"I believe I can speak for all of the Hellblazers when I thank you for the opportunity to serve you, Lord Marasuke. We will take the utmost care and act with urgency to retrieve your property within the required timeframe. Congratulations on becoming a client of Hellblazers, Inc, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations."


Skulls can barely contain himself as he waits for an agreement. Jungle hunt. Jungle hunt..... His long troll fingers twitch with anticipation. After Erebos accepts Masaruke's offer, Skulls grunts loudly in agreement He will then wait until Erebos leaves the table before rising himself. Skulls will follow Erebos. If Erebos goes to the vualt, so will Skulls.




Skulls
P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Venenifer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Masaruke wrote:"I have no need of souvenirs. While a prisoner would be useful to interrogate, it is not a requirement of the job. Recovering my books is the highest priority."


Ven gets an evil little twinkle in her eye and a sly smile as she leans in to Kianra and Erebos. "I expect some souvenirs. If one survives, maybe it can serve as a plaything." She says not hiding her obvious cat and mouse intentions. Beyond that she remains quiet and just takes in Masaruke's pyramid.

She'll glance to Skulls when he glances at her amid her question with an innocent, though hardly innocent shrug. Her eyes turn back towards Masaruke as she continues listening in.
Venenifer the Dragoness | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe

Constant Abilities
Nightvision (200 feet / 61 m) | See the Invisible (At Will/Auto) | Mind Block Auto Defense | Resistant to Fire and Cold (M.D. Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2 DMG) | Impervious to all forms of Paralysis | Bioregeneration (1d10 MD/round (1d4*10 MD/min)) | Auto Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses and Dragons (20 miles) | Visually identify Dragons (even morphed) LoS (4,000 ft)
Physical Statistics
M.D.C.: 430/630 | P.P.E.: 136/136 | I.S.P.: 132/132
(S.D.C. Worlds Only): H.P.: 400/400 | S.D.C.: 253/253 | A.R.: 13
Dragon Size: 28.8ft Long (Approx 20ft tall) | 48ft Wingspan
Saving Throw Bonuses
(+ 1 on all other saving throws not listed here) )
Coma/Death: 28%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (varies): +9
Mind Control (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Venenifer
NAC
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:52 am

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 71 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 12

When escorted to the vault, Rana takes the opportunity to closely scrutinize the area. She will ask to see the shelves where the stolen items were taken from.

It is plain to me there is a traitor - these thieves had inside knowledge, in order to bypass the defenses. Perhaps someone who was even here at some point, inside the vault. And I sense the hand of magic in this - unless EVERY thief is psychic and they ALL had the teleport ability, there was a mage bringing them in.

"How many people have had access to this vault? Have you questioned them? Is anyone normally in Masaruke's employ missing?"

Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 46 (to try to spot the flaw in security that allowed this theft to occur - was the security knowledge leaked, magically obtained, etc.? - FAIL)
Lore: Magic--General Knowledge: 33% 1d100 = 21 (to determine the spells used to gain access - SUCCESS)

Rana scrutinizes the area - if there is dust on the floor, she will examine it for tracks.

Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 45 (to determine # of people disturbing the dust; whether they wandered or went directly to their targets; if any were nonhuman, excessively heavy for a human, or had an injury which caused a limp or otherwise unsteady footing - FAIL)

If there is no dust, she will ask "Who cleans this area? Bring them here."

She pulls Erebos to the side. In a soft voice, she says "Is it possible to bypass defenses without knowing what they are? I find it unlikely. These thieves had inside knowledge. We can go and find them, yes, and kill them and return the objects taken. This will not solve Masaruke's bigger problem. He has a security flaw."
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby ColdCenter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/45%
JIC: 1d100 = 20/1d20 = 20

The answer to his question does not phase him. It would have helped but no big deal. I never knew what they were going to throw at me when I stepped into the arena. Thinking on my feet is what I do best. That is what really kept me alive.

When Erebos agrees to the terms Coldcenter cracks a smile and nods. Like everyone else he will head off to the vault but will wait outside of it knowing there is not much he can offer when inspecting it. As he waits for the others he thinks about what he can buy with a large pay day. I know I'm not going to get all of that payout, but it still will be a nice amount. First thing I have to do is pay back Erebos for the mags and ammo. I think I will look into really customizing this armour as well. I wonder if we have some kind of group insignia or group colors? How much does a magic or rune sword cost? This plasma sword is nice, but it is made by those boot licking Kattani. Or maybe a holy trident. That would be cool. A hovercycle! Yeah, yeah need to get one of those.

This will go on and on inside of his head until the group is ready to leave so they can get ready for the mission.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!


ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:52 pm

*rolls held*
Rana wrote:She pulls Erebos to the side. In a soft voice, she says "Is it possible to bypass defenses without knowing what they are? I find it unlikely. These thieves had inside knowledge. We can go and find them, yes, and kill them and return the objects taken. This will not solve Masaruke's bigger problem. He has a security flaw."


The Shadow Mage takes in his trusted friend’s words carefully.

A flaw that can be exploited he thinks as she finishes.

”I agree, Rana. It seems a bit too convenient to have been pulled off without insider knowledge of his security. If we find these thieves, perhaps some measure of persuasion will prove fruitful. Any luck on tracks or other clues?” he replies in the Gobblely tongue.

Also: another attempt at these skils
Lore, Demons & Monsters (ID everything in the vicinity of the pyramid, including Marasuke and Elinora) ---> 1d100 = 37]/72%
Faeries & Creatures of Magic (ID everything in the vicinity of the pyramid, including Marasuke and Elinora) ---> 1d100 = 53/57%
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby The Apothecary » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Date: Monday, 12 June
Time: 1010

Masaruke lets out a low laugh. ”No. I did not have the vaults under forcefield protection. Atlantis is not a place one usually finds a Promethean or Phase Adept.” Masaruke pauses for a moment and his voice lowers as he ponders the idea, ”Although I may have to rethink that particular portion of security.” His voice comes back to a normal level, ”I have to thank you for pointing out that flaw in my security. One does not usually like to be shown flaws and I appreciate your candor on the matter.” Masaruke looks to Rana, ”There are only two beings who have access to the vault and we are with you.” Masaruke motions to himself and Elinora. He then nods to Elinora again and she motions everyone to follow her.

When they arrive at the vault Elinora puts in a passcode at a electronic key panel, conducts a retinal scan, and what looks like a DNA test to open the door. The door slides open smartly with a hiss. The walls themselves would appear to be a foot of some kind of stone, with another foot of presumable MDC alloy, with another foot of stone on the other side. The inside of the vault is a testament to both organization and security. The vault is brightly lit, with each item in the vault in its pedestal with additional alarms (magic and technological both) on top of the vault’s normal security. There are clearly six pedestals, all side by side along the back wall where the tomes were stored. Elinora breaks the silence, ”Everything is as it was when the items were taken. When we conducted the inventory we were careful not to disturb anything in case there were clues we missed.” There are no cameras inside the vault. As nice as it would have been to get the full robbery on tape, the Hellblazers will have to do extra leg work if they want to figure out how the thieves came and went. The floors themselves are clean.

As Skulls looks around he notices a few extremely tiny pieces of some kind of clay near the pedestals that were taken.

Elinora turns to Erebos and hands him a secure card, ”Oh, before I forget. Here is the initial payment for taking the job. Any other questions before we have to part ways?”

Erebos
Shock dragons and deevilkin that escorted them to the pyramid, and Masaruke appears to be a greater fiend. You are still unsure what Elinora is.


Kianra
Elinora could be any one of a dozen types of Deevils that can shapeshift. Or maybe a godling. Or maybe...you just doesn’t have enough info to make an informed guess.


Rana
Whatever magic was used to breach the vault is unknown to you, although disabling the magical alarms could have been any of the normal magic canceling spells.


What do you do??
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Sixth Sense

Skills: Electrical Engineer 1d100 = 68/65% Fail (Making observations about the setup in the vault.)
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 17/55% Pass (Making observations about the setup in the vault.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 91/60% Fail (Making observations about the setup in the vault.)
Pick Locks 1d100 = 8/35% Pass (Making observations about the setup in the vault.)

Irish follows the group, his hands in his pockets. Irish casually is observing the place they're in until they get to the vault. Watching the Vault being opened, Irish smirks to himself. Flaw one. Irish thinks as he takes a look in the vault. Flaw two Irish thinks again, before stepping out of the vault and looking at the locking mechanism. Irish turns to Elinora. [Dragonese/Elvish]"Couple of questions deary. Any magic on the door itself? Can I examine the lock? Irish asks in his most polite tone, which likely still comes off as obnoxious.

While the answer to the first question is important to Irish, it's the second one that he needs the most. If he's told no, Irish will just nod and leave it at that. If he's told yes, Irish will smile and get close to the locks. "No lock is unpickable, you just need the right tools for the job."

Irish will lay a hand on the lock and clear his mind, preparing for a little foray into the machine place. (Machine Ghost (12 I.S.P.; Duration 9 minutes) Once inside the cyber construct of the locking mechanism, Irish will begin his investigation.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo


Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35


Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Current Loadout
User avatar
Irish
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:49 pm

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 42 (I dunno - is it dark in here? LOL)

JIC 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 14

Masaruke wrote:”There are only two beings who have access to the vault and we are with you.”


Rana pointedly looks at Elinora but says nothing. Even I am not so crass as to point out the security weakness... when she is in the room.

Erebos wrote:I agree, Rana. It seems a bit too convenient to have been pulled off without insider knowledge of his security. If we find these thieves, perhaps some measure of persuasion will prove fruitful. Any luck on tracks or other clues?”


Rana will take a last look around the vault, disappointed. "These thieves are professional. They have left no evidence of their passing."

If Skulls points out the clay, however, Rana's interest is piqued.

"Perhaps not no evidence."

She will collect the clay and attempt to Object Read it (-6 ISP).

Impressions 56% 1d100 = 18 (SUCCESS)
Images 48% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
Present 38% 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby ColdCenter » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Perception:1d100 = 80/45%
JIC: 1d100 = 12/1d20 = 10

Seeing as everyone else is having a look inside the vault Cold decides he might as well too. To an observer it is obvious at the way he is looking at things. It is not as a detective, but more as if he was at a high-end store or a museum. After a look around he will exit again and wait for his teammates.

If asked why he is not trying to find any clues he will be truthful with them. "Lets be honest with one anothor. I am a man of action. My skills lie with the blade and gun. I'm better suited to sizing up a person on how they will fight then being at a crime scene."
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!


ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 53
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): None

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




The Apothecary wrote:Date: Monday, 12 June
Time: 1010

Masaruke lets out a low laugh. ”No. I did not have the vaults under forcefield protection. Atlantis is not a place one usually finds a Promethean or Phase Adept.” Masaruke pauses for a moment and his voice lowers as he ponders the idea, ”Although I may have to rethink that particular portion of security.” His voice comes back to a normal level, ”I have to thank you for pointing out that flaw in my security. One does not usually like to be shown flaws and I appreciate your candor on the matter.”

Masaruke looks to Rana, ”There are only two beings who have access to the vault and we are with you.” Masaruke motions to himself and Elinora. He then nods to Elinora again and she motions everyone to follow her.


The Shadow Mage says nothing, but is slightly alarmed that Marasuke knew what he was thinking. Perhaps it's just coincidence, or perhaps Marasuke knows all about phase technology and the like... or, perhaps Marasuke is reading the Sunaj's mind, and that prospect makes Érebos nervous enough where he knows to "lock" his mind down and think solely of what's immediately going on.

The Apothecary wrote:When they arrive at the vault Elinora puts in a passcode at a electronic key panel, conducts a retinal scan, and what looks like a DNA test to open the door. The door slides open smartly with a hiss. The walls themselves would appear to be a foot of some kind of stone, with another foot of presumable MDC alloy, with another foot of stone on the other side. The inside of the vault is a testament to both organization and security. The vault is brightly lit, with each item in the vault in its pedestal with additional alarms (magic and technological both) on top of the vault’s normal security. There are clearly six pedestals, all side by side along the back wall where the tomes were stored. Elinora breaks the silence, ”Everything is as it was when the items were taken. When we conducted the inventory we were careful not to disturb anything in case there were clues we missed.” There are no cameras inside the vault. As nice as it would have been to get the full robbery on tape, the Hellblazers will have to do extra leg work if they want to figure out how the thieves came and went. The floors themselves are clean.


The Shadow Mage winces slightly at the bright lights in the chamber, and almost reflexively casts a quick Shadow Mask to protect his eyes from the bright light.

The Apothecary wrote:Elinora turns to Erebos and hands him a secure card, ”Oh, before I forget. Here is the initial payment for taking the job. Any other questions before we have to part ways?”


"One that immediately comes to mind. To whom do we owe our gratitude for the referral to you and Lord Marasuke for this opportunity?" he says with a smile to Elinora as the others scour for clues and attempt to discern what happened.




Irish wrote:Irish follows the group, his hands in his pockets. Irish casually is observing the place they're in until they get to the vault. Watching the Vault being opened, Irish smirks to himself. Flaw one. Irish thinks as he takes a look in the vault. Flaw two Irish thinks again, before stepping out of the vault and looking at the locking mechanism. Irish turns to Elinora. [Dragonese/Elvish]"Couple of questions deary. Any magic on the door itself? Can I examine the lock? Irish asks in his most polite tone, which likely still comes off as obnoxious.

While the answer to the first question is important to Irish, it's the second one that he needs the most. If he's told no, Irish will just nod and leave it at that. If he's told yes, Irish will smile and get close to the locks. "No lock is unpickable, you just need the right tools for the job."

Irish will lay a hand on the lock and clear his mind, preparing for a little foray into the machine place. (Machine Ghost (12 I.S.P.; Duration 9 minutes) Once inside the cyber construct of the locking mechanism, Irish will begin his investigation.


Érebos will observe the Operator and nod approvingly at the questions asked. He is curious to see the man steadying himself for something, though he knows not precisely what Irish is doing as he is unaware of Irish's psychic talents.




Rana wrote:Rana will take a last look around the vault, disappointed. "These thieves are professional. They have left no evidence of their passing."

If Skulls points out the clay, however, Rana's interest is piqued.

"Perhaps not no evidence."

She will collect the clay and attempt to Object Read it (-6 ISP).

Impressions 56% 1d100 = 67 (SUCCESS)
Images 48% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)
Present 38% 1d100 = 99 (FAIL)


The Shadow Mage is pleased at how this little group is dredging up clues where none were thought to exist before.

We've definitely got some thinkers, and Rana was an outstanding addition. Skulls is also proving his worth quite early, as is Irish. Coldcenter's strength is in combat, so it's too early to tell; then again, I wouldn't have invested in his ammo for that massive cannon he carries around if I didn't think him worth it.

He will see what he can guess from what he's heard so far:

Skill Roll: Intelligence (put it all together and hope for some big insight) --> 1d100 = 17 /69%
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:13 am

JiC: 1d100 = 54 / 1d20 = 1
Perception [43% (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)] : 1d100 = 47

Well, Elinora is quite the mystery. More than her esteemed master it seems. Now I wonder if she is subservient or an equal in his operation. Kianra thinks to herself as Masaruke discusses their security. So, possibly an equal, or at the very least, an ally. Maybe an insider. She thinks.

Kianra will defer to the others asking their questions, taking in the sights but otherwise remaining quiet until they leave. My strength is less of the investigative nature. Though, magics are a passion and focus of mine. She muses, glancing around. She will look around at artifacts in the room, and see if she can identify any of them or the enchantments protecting them.

Recognize Magic Enhancements [48%]: 1d100 = 40 (Magic protective enchantments or detrimental ones)
Identify Magic Artifacts [48%]: 1d100 = 40 (Scoping out the room and its contents itself. See if there was something left behind that maybe shouldn't have been (ie. They take a book but leave an all-powerful legendary sword; why?))
Recognize Magic Symbols, Runes and Circles [52%]: 1d100 = 51 (Magic protective enchantments or detrimental ones)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 74
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 13
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 81
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.




Date: Monday, 12 June
Time: 1010
The Apothecary wrote:When they arrive at the vault Elinora puts in a passcode at a electronic key panel, conducts a retinal scan, and what looks like a DNA test to open the door. The door slides open smartly with a hiss. The walls themselves would appear to be a foot of some kind of stone, with another foot of presumable MDC alloy, with another foot of stone on the other side. The inside of the vault is a testament to both organization and security. The vault is brightly lit, with each item in the vault in its pedestal with additional alarms (magic and technological both) on top of the vault’s normal security. There are clearly six pedestals, all side by side along the back wall where the tomes were stored. Elinora breaks the silence, ”Everything is as it was when the items were taken. When we conducted the inventory we were careful not to disturb anything in case there were clues we missed.” There are no cameras inside the vault. As nice as it would have been to get the full robbery on tape, the Hellblazers will have to do extra leg work if they want to figure out how the thieves came and went. The floors themselves are clean.


As the others go about their inspections, the troll watches and tries to stand out of the way of the others. Good that the other Hellblazers look useful. I know nothing of locks or vaults. It is unlikely these clever beings missed anything, and the floor is very clean.Since he wishes to look useful, Skulls methodically scans the bare floor of the vault for tracks.

Skill roll:
Tracking: People [45%]:1d100 = 72

The Apothecary wrote:As Skulls looks around he notices a few extremely tiny pieces of some kind of clay near the pedestals that were taken.


The Troll slowly approaches the tiny pieces of clay. Skulls squats down bringing his face directly over the clay. He turns to the ogress." Rana. This clay seems odd." He points at it with finger. Skulls is pleased that Rana has a use for his discovery. After she collects the clay, Skulls will stand and wait.




Skulls
P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, 12 June, 1020


Irish wrote:Irish follows the group, his hands in his pockets. Irish casually is observing the place they're in until they get to the vault. Watching the Vault being opened, Irish smirks to himself. Flaw one. Irish thinks as he takes a look in the vault. Flaw two Irish thinks again, before stepping out of the vault and looking at the locking mechanism. Irish turns to Elinora. [Dragonese/Elvish]"Couple of questions deary. Any magic on the door itself? Can I examine the lock? Irish asks in his most polite tone, which likely still comes off as obnoxious.


Elinora lets out a slight chuckle. "Yes, the door is enchanted with a variety of effects, most of which are designed to be lethal responses to anyone who touches the door without one of the two pass tokens. The lock is likewise protected, including additional protection to deal with psychics with telemechanics and the like. I am not going to hand you my pass token, but if you feel very confident in your abilities, feel free to touch it. Otherwise I would recommend just doing a visual examination."

Érebos wrote:"One that immediately comes to mind. To whom do we owe our gratitude for the referral to you and Lord Marasuke for this opportunity?" he says with a smile to Elinora as the others scour for clues and attempt to discern what happened.


Elinora sighs. " I would love to tell you who the referral came from, however all I am permitted to say is that it is an associate that you and Lord Masaruke have in common. Saying more than that would breach the trust Lord Masaruke has placed in me."

When you are done with your inspection, Elinora will close the vault behind you, and lead you to the entrance of the pyramid. At the entrance, she hands Erebos a small card, "That has a number at which you can contact me. Give me a half hour heads up before you are ready to leave, and meet me here. I will open a portal to the dimension the thieves stopped at. Remember, you need to leave by tomorrow morning."

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52/62%[/color]
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 99
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask:

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




Dodsrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, 12 June, 1020

Érebos wrote:"One that immediately comes to mind. To whom do we owe our gratitude for the referral to you and Lord Marasuke for this opportunity?" he says with a smile to Elinora as the others scour for clues and attempt to discern what happened.


Elinora sighs. " I would love to tell you who the referral came from, however all I am permitted to say is that it is an associate that you and Lord Masaruke have in common. Saying more than that would breach the trust Lord Masaruke has placed in me."

When you are done with your inspection, Elinora will close the vault behind you, and lead you to the entrance of the pyramid. At the entrance, she hands Erebos a small card, "That has a number at which you can contact me. Give me a half hour heads up before you are ready to leave, and meet me here. I will open a portal to the dimension the thieves stopped at. Remember, you need to leave by tomorrow morning."

What are you doing?


"Understood. Thank you Lady Elinora," replies Shroud. "We will contact you early in the morning."




When the Hellblazers gather and after the usual pleasantries between the group and Elinora and Co. are exchanged, Shroud will address everyone: "Hellblazers Inc is officially in business with our first contract! We will savor this moment, team. It deserves a celebration - a feast!"

He will proceed to determine the best place for such an event on the fly, either through asking for suggestions or using his computer to locate one.

Computer Operation (effectively, a google search for a place to take the Hellblazers immediate for a good time/feast) --> 1d100 = 75/82%

Once he settles on a spot, he will make the necessary arrangements for them to be picked up by the equivalent of a limousine (travel in style) and whisked away for a lunch/afternoon of celebration and partying, and then get everyone back to the HQ by 1700, giving them time to finish up any last minute business before retiring for the evening. He will also make arrangements for the same driver (or service, if that driver is unavailable) to return in the morning at 0300 sharp.

"We leave at 0300 - be ready to head over to Lord Marasuke's pyramid and to enter the portal shortly after arrival. One more thing - I have an operational name and suggest you all do the same for the sake of security. My operational name is 'Shroud' - so please address me as such on comms once we get through that portal. Speaking of comms - we have some interesting options for communication that I will go over when we are safely 'on the other side', as it were. Now,get some rest - I have a feeling we will need it," he says to his fellow teammates as they arrive back at the HQ.

The Aerihman will be open to any attempts to talk, but if no one approaches, will make some last minute checks and get ready to go before fully charging his Power Matrix tattoo and meditating back to full PPE, and finally getting some sleep.




At 0200, he will awaken, shower, and get ready.

Prime time. Let's get this Hellblazers show on the road... he thinks as he reaches out to Elinoira at 02:55 to let her know they are leaving in 5 minutes to meet her and joining with the other Hellblazers to get into their ride and head to Lord Marasuke's place.

On the way there, he will be sure to synchronize everyone's secure communications devices with the group's frequencies, and timekeeping devices, so everyone is on the same page.

(OOC: updated gear sheet to reflect what he's got with him)
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 84 / 1d20 = 11
Perception [43% (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: 1d100 = 21

Interesting, our thieves made off with some tomes but left behind a couple of true runic weapons, among other obviously valuable items. Odd. I wonder what these books were that their value would be so much more than these. Perhaps they do not seek a monetary gain from this venture; that, or the wards surrounding the runic weapons proved too much. Kianra ponders to herself at her interesting, yet temporarily unhelpful, discovery. I wonder if this Lord Masaruke would be willing to part with one of these runic items in return for a favor or mission. Even a lesser runic weapon would be an invaluable asset and these are simply collecting dust in the vault of a fiend whom obviously has no need of them beyond showcasing. Her train of thought continues, her eyes tracing to the Fiendish lord and his associate, Elinora. Then there is this one, her lineage is shrouded though her being is obviously potent. One of many mysteries this land has in store.

Kianra says nothing more to the Lord or his mistress, Elinora, as she doles out last minute information and the meeting time.

When they leave and Erebos resounds their first contract with that of a feast, her stoic demeanor breaks for but a moment at her fellow lanteans gusto as she struggles to hold in a laugh. "Yes, fine. A true feast would be in order; it may be the last good meal we have for a week or two, so we may as well savour it."

She'll go along with the celebration, though the slight chip on her should will remain as she watches for any signs of potential trouble. She'll approach Ven before departing. "You should come with us; I am still wary of this land and having you as support should any of the denizens get the wrong idea would be helpful." She says plainly while waiting for the ride Erebos acquisitions.

After a few hours of feasting and partying, when the troop returns back to their home nearing dusk, she'll look to the others. "I shall be in my quarters for the remainder of the night. I will be ready at 0300." She pauses when Erebos mentions an operational name. My mentor used to call me a viator. Works. She muses and turns before leaving. "Viator. Call me Viator while on missions." She states, pausing and glancing around at her allies, she enunciates. "Vee-A-Tor. It's an old word for traveler." She explains. She'll wait for the others, to see if they have any ready and then return to her domicile.

She will spend the evening ensuring her armor is ready and her ensure her Power Matrix Tattoo is fully charged as a reserve. After she is sure her equipment is ready, she settles. Stripping herself of her clothing, she draws a bath and spends an hour or so relaxing in the tub. She'll don comfortable clothing then settle against her bed and mediate for the remainder of the night on the events thus far.

Meditation [94%]: 1d100 = 3 (Achieve a true meditation state and relive everything she's done for the day. Going over everything in excruciating detail. Then clearing her mind and letting her thoughts drift away as she readies for the coming storm.)
Lore, Dimensions [68%]: 1d100 = 65 (Think on what she knows on dimensional travel, and what dangers she and the team could face, so that she may properly brief them all when they step foot through the portal)




The stone pyramid echoes the movement of others at 0200 and she stands from her meditation and does one quick shower before donning her armor, securing her weapon and equipment before heading to the main foyer of the building. "I'm ready to head out." Kianra states.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Venenifer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 pm




Venenifer will follow the party, engaging in small talk with Elinora as they do their investigations. When it is time to head out and the lanteans suggest a party, she glances to Kianra as she is approached and offers a light hearted smile.

"Oh, my dear. And here, I just thought you enjoyed my company. I don't mind tagging along for this party and helping to keep all those..." She leans in, looks around at the group and says loud enough for others to hear, as if in a heightened whisper. "... nasty little denizens from trying to snatch you up." She says with the most innocent and playful of smiles. This earns a scoff from Kianra.





After the party, when they return to the stone lodging, she'll slowly pace in a circle as the others confer and if asked for a name, she smiles and gently allows her hand to flow off her shaded purple dress. "Not that I will be accompanying you, but should you need one for the sake of your ledgers. Sangria. A most beautiful shade of purple, no?" She finishes with a smile.

When the others begin to retire, she'll pause them. "None need worry about watch tonight. Better you rest up before your adventure. I'll keep an eye out on the ground." She states, her playful smile never faltering.

If Skulls, or anyone else, attempts to do a nighttime security watch, Ven will shoo them back to bed. "I need no sleep, little one. Go. I'll let everyone know if something happens." She'll say regardless whom she meets in the dead of night.

In the morning, assuming no unfortunate events happen in the night, she will be waiting in the main entrance for people to filter in and greet them all. "Good morning, sunshines. I'm staying here, so this is my send-off. If worst comes to worst, try to get word back to me and I'll reach out to Elinora and Masaruke. Anything of note you want to ensure is safe, let me know and I will ensure I make checking it a part of my daily routine. Otherwise, I bid you all good luck and good hunting." She says and, after pausing, adds. "Bring me trinkets." She finishes matter-of-factly, as if it is not a request.


Venenifer the Dragoness | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe

Constant Abilities
Nightvision (200 feet / 61 m) | See the Invisible (At Will/Auto) | Mind Block Auto Defense | Resistant to Fire and Cold (M.D. Fire/Plasma/Cold do 1/2 DMG) | Impervious to all forms of Paralysis | Bioregeneration (1d10 MD/round (1d4*10 MD/min)) | Auto Sense Ley Lines, Nexuses and Dragons (20 miles) | Visually identify Dragons (even morphed) LoS (4,000 ft)
Physical Statistics
M.D.C.: 430/630 | P.P.E.: 136/136 | I.S.P.: 132/132
(S.D.C. Worlds Only): H.P.: 400/400 | S.D.C.: 253/253 | A.R.: 13
Dragon Size: 28.8ft Long (Approx 20ft tall) | 48ft Wingspan
Saving Throw Bonuses
(+ 1 on all other saving throws not listed here) )
Coma/Death: 28%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (varies): +9
Mind Control (varies): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Venenifer
NAC
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:37 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 7
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 20
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 58
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.



Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, 12 June, 1020

As the group exits Masarukes pyramid Skulls ears flatten slightly and he resumes his usual alertness. He had taken great care inside the pyramid to actively lower his guard. Past experiences had taught him that many beings could sense motives. Skulls had no wish to disturb or provoke Masaruke.

Shroud wrote:"Hellblazers Inc is officially in business with our first contract! We will savor this moment, team. It deserves a celebration - a feast!"


Kianra wrote:"Yes, fine. A true feast would be in order; it may be the last good meal we have for a week or two, so we may as well savour it
."

A broad toothy grin breaks crosses Skulls face. He had been suppressing a smile. "Excellent. Yes, a feast." Skulls adds positively after Kianra speaks. Later her words haunt him, and during the feast the troll focuses on building a reserve. Skulls eats only meat, but is not gluttonous, pausing to engage with the others. He will mind the customs employed by the other Hellblazers.




HQ 1700

Erebos wrote:"We leave at 0300 - be ready to head over to Lord Marasuke's pyramid and to enter the portal shortly after arrival. One more thing - I have an operational name and suggest you all do the same for the sake of security. My operational name is 'Shroud' - so please address me as such on comms once we get through that portal. Speaking of comms - we have some interesting options for communication that I will go over when we are safely 'on the other side', as it were. Now,get some rest - I have a feeling we will need it,"


Operational name? That is awesome. The troll stands, deeply pondering what name he should use.
Meathook. Operational name Meathook. skulls offers to the group. He then lingers until he can talk with Erebos. He approaches close and asks softly: " Erebos, are you aware Masaruke is greater fiend?" Adding quickly: "I trust your judgment entirely. But, felt I should warn you since they are feared by men."

After speaking with Erebos Skulls trots down to sublevel two. He takes a long shower while he thinks over what he will bring with him. The shower concept is new to him but the others have been using it and he likes water. He shakes off the water afterwards and leaves wet foot prints behind him. Once back in the darkness of his room the wet troll sits and meticulously goes over his gear while puffing happily on a cigarette.




HQ 2300

Skulls will dress and head up stairs to guard. Venenifer said she was watching. I imagine she meant it. Still, perhaps she changed her mind? Skulls stalks quietly towards the HQ entrance. He stops when he encounters Venenifer.

Venenifer wrote:"I need no sleep, little one. Go. I'll let everyone know if something happens."


If you change your mind I am downstairs. Skulls replies to the dragon before retreating to his room. Feeling satisfied with his preparation and the past day the Troll sprawls on his bed. Fully clothed, Skulls sleeps deeply.




HQ 0200

Skulls wakes well rested. He finds the bed shockingly comfortable in comparison to dirt or stone. He gathers his gear and quietly makes his way upstairs. He will greet Venenifer before finding a seat on the floor. Skulls will stand when the group is assembled. The troll is ready to go hunt and happy about it.




Skulls
P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 76

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 35

Rana examines the mud brought to her attention by Skulls, focusing her psychic attention on it. "The mud was last touched by something very old... 8' tall... 700 lbs... gray skin... bald. I see a cloak. He is a traveler of some sort. Evil." She looks to Elinora.

"Do you know this person?"




She accompanies the team on the feast, but only orders meat - raw meat.

Erebos wrote:One more thing - I have an operational name and suggest you all do the same for the sake of security. My operational name is 'Shroud' - so please address me as such on comms once we get through that portal.


Kianra wrote:"Viator. Call me Viator while on missions. ...It's an old word for traveler."


Ven wrote:"Not that I will be accompanying you, but should you need one for the sake of your ledgers. Sangria. A most beautiful shade of purple, no?"


Skulls wrote:Meathook. Operational name Meathook.


Operational name... a name to be called so that none may know me? How shall they not know me? I walk the cold pathways of death. I bear markings of honor and shame. As she listens to their operational names, she thinks The names signify a skill, or something powerful to them. It is a name to give direction, and the enemy will not know who is being tasked. I understand. What then shall I be called? I never have had the opportunity... to name myself. It should not be in Gobblelly or Ogrish - they could guess it meant me. It should be in dragonese or human. Rana sighs. "Call me... Silver."

Silver... yes. Deadly to my enemies.




When it is time to go back to Masaruke's pyramid, Rana makes sure she is armored and armed. Time to track our prey.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1025

Rana wrote:Rana examines the mud brought to her attention by Skulls, focusing her psychic attention on it. "The mud was last touched by something very old... 8' tall... 700 lbs... gray skin... bald. I see a cloak. He is a traveler of some sort. Evil." She looks to Elinora.

"Do you know this person?"


Elinora sighs and gives Rana a helpless look, "I can think of at least a dozen species that fit that description, and at least another couple dozen individuals who also would fit that description after their time with the bio-wizards. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that."

Bianore's Feast House
Monday, June 12, 1100

Erebos has little problem finding the most popular feasthall in Splynn. Offering to cater to every appetite, it is certainly a big place. Once inside and seated, the Hellblazers find the menu to be extensive. It offers every form of meat you can think of, including more than a few sentient species. Offered fresh (as in alive) all the way to cooked in a variety of styles. All of their sides are likewise varied, with many things you have never even heard of on the menu. In addition to plenty to eat, it has live entertainment. While there are some performances, most of the live entertainment is gladiatorial matches in a pit between slaves. After a few hours, everyone is feasted out and ready to go home for the night. On the way out, a glowing bird swoops down into Erebos' hands and vanishes, leaving behind a piece of paper.

It is a relatively quiet night at the HQ. Everyone goes through their own process of getting ready for the next day, preparing their gear and getting into the mental mindset for the task ahead. Venenifer takes over the watch duties so the Hellblazers who are leaving on the mission can get a full night of sleep. At 0300, transport arrives to take you to Masaruke's Pyramid.

Masaruke's Pyramid
Tuesday, June 13, 0330

When you arrive at Masaruke's Pyramid, the guards stop you at the entrance, bidding you to wait for Elinora. When she comes to the gate, she greets you cheerfully "Good morning. Such a wonderful day isn't it? I hope you all are ready for this. I have one of the portal rooms cleared and ready for your departure right now. If you would please follow me." With that she leads you into the compound and then into the pyramid proper. Instead of going up like you did last time, you decent down into the depths of the pyramid. After about five minutes of walking, you arrive in a fairly large chamber (easily big enough for a couple of adult dragons you would imagine.)

"Okay, here we are. Give me a moment and I will open up a portal to where you need to go. If you have any last questions or concerns, now is the time to bring them up. I look forward to seeing you when you come back." With that she goes to the middle of the room, and after about 30 seconds, a massive rift opens up in the center of the room. "Here's you ride. Good luck, and good hunting"

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:03 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 10 / 1d20 = 18
Perception [43% (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: 1d100 = 6

Upon arriving to the pyramid, Kianra waits with stoic eyes for Elinora and, upon her arrival nods and follows her to the portal room. Such resources at their disposal. This is not the land I've read about in the books She muses amid her walk. When she begins her descent into the depths of the pyramid, her eyes dart around at any modicum of movement or noise. No safer place... Her mind trails off at being inside a fiends pyramid. Upon entering the larger room, a small smirk crests her lips. Venenifer would've been able to truly spread her wings here. Hopefully she finds time to do so while we are away.

Elinora wrote:"Okay, here we are. Give me a moment and I will open up a portal to where you need to go. If you have any last questions or concerns, now is the time to bring them up. I look forward to seeing you when you come back."


Kianra shakes her head. "You've been most helpful. I look forward to our return, until then." She says with an honest notion of respect. She'll watch the operation of the portal pyramid with a good degree of interest.

Operate Dimensional Pyramids [91%]: 1d100 = 37

Elinora wrote:"Here's you ride. Good luck, and good hunting"


Kianra looks to Erebos then her allies and holds up a hand. "I will go first, follow my lead." She says rather plainly, recognizing her own experience with dimensional hoping versus that of her companions.

Assuming Erebos, nor any others have last minutes questions that she will listen too, or dissuade her from going first, Kianra steps through the portal. Lightblade drawn, though not active, and ready to activate her own armor at a moments notice.

[On the other side]

Kianra will immediately crouch upon her arrival to the other side and find a means of cover in the immediate vicinity and then scope out the lay of the land.

Glancing to her allies as they pass through the portal, she speaks softly. "I am going to see what I can gleen from this dimension, please hold here a moment. This requires a fair amount of concentration on my part." She says and then triggers her Eye of Knowledge within a Rift tattoo, located on her shoulder. She feels her endurance hitch as she focuses the required magical energies.

Duration: 1d4 = 1 minutes
Percentage Chance [76%]: 1d100 = 39
Dimensional Tattoo: Eye of Knowledge within a Rift (Dimension Sense)
  1. P.P.E. to activate: 25+1 P.E. attribute point; a temporary loss.
  2. Duration: 1D4 minutes.
  3. Power: This tattoo when activated, places the tattoo user into a trance for the duration, during which he can sense the dimensional vibrations and elements of the world or dimension he is on. He can do likewise while a Rift is open to scan the world or dimension it is linked to before stepping in. He gleans the following information (or most of it, the G.M.’s discretion) in just 1D4 minutes.
  4. Base percentage for Success: 76% -- (+3%)
    Getting this information is not automatic. On a failed roll, the tattoo user only gets the first three lines of information, and needs to wait eight hours before he can try again to learn more.
  5. Knowledge Acquired from Dimension Sense:
    1. Type of dimension or world: Infinite, Parallel or a Pocket Dimension.
    2. Density of dimensional fabric: Weak, permeable, strong or impenetrable.
    3. Can the dimension support human life?
    4. Is it rich or poor in magic?
    5. S.D.C. or Mega-Damage environment?
    6. Is it a mortal or supernatural realm? Meaning an Earth-like world of mortals or a place like Hades or Dyval dominated bydemons and supernatural evil, a dimension filled with Entities or spirits, or a realm of magic inhospitable for mortal life, like the Elemental Plane.
    7. Are there one or more Alien Intelligences present? But not where they can be found.
    8. Are there any dimensional quirks and what kind?
    9. Are there ley lines and nexus points?
    10. Is there much dimensional activity? Meaning are there one or more active, open Rifts within a 100 mile (160 km) radius per level of his experience or stone pyramids?
    11. Are there dimensional anomalies within the same radius and the general direction to find them.
    12. Last Passage: At a ley line nexus or stone pyramid, the tattoo user can sense the last time a Rift was opened and where it led to, i.e. what world or dimension.
    13. Note: See Rifts® Dimension Book 8: Megaverse® Builder for details about the Dimensional Fabric, traveling to other worlds and dimensions and creating them


[Skills]
Prowl [53%]: 1d100 = 8 (Quiet in new environment as to not attract attention)
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 24 (Watch for signs of ambush)
Lore, Dimensions [68%]: 1d100 = 9 (Where are they / What Dimension / What can they expect?)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [68%]: 1d100 = 22 (What sorts of monsters reside in this dimension)
Lore, D-Bees [68%]: 1d100 = 41 (What sorts of dimensional beings reside in this dimension)


Contingency:
She will activate her Heart Encircled by Chains Invulnerability Tattoo should she come under attack.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 74
JIC (20): 1d20 = 13

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds):

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




Dodsrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1025

Rana wrote:Rana examines the mud brought to her attention by Skulls, focusing her psychic attention on it. "The mud was last touched by something very old... 8' tall... 700 lbs... gray skin... bald. I see a cloak. He is a traveler of some sort. Evil." She looks to Elinora.

"Do you know this person?"


Elinora sighs and gives Rana a helpless look, "I can think of at least a dozen species that fit that description, and at least another couple dozen individuals who also would fit that description after their time with the bio-wizards. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that."


A shame... thinks the Shadow Mage as a potentially promising lead stops short of bearing useful fruit.

Still, if we see this being during our excursion, the psychic vision could yet prove useful he muses.




Dodsrike wrote:Bianore's Feast House
Monday, June 12, 1100

Erebos has little problem finding the most popular feasthall in Splynn. Offering to cater to every appetite, it is certainly a big place. Once inside and seated, the Hellblazers find the menu to be extensive. It offers every form of meat you can think of, including more than a few sentient species. Offered fresh (as in alive) all the way to cooked in a variety of styles. All of their sides are likewise varied, with many things you have never even heard of on the menu. In addition to plenty to eat, it has live entertainment. While there are some performances, most of the live entertainment is gladiatorial matches in a pit between slaves. After a few hours, everyone is feasted out and ready to go home for the night. On the way out, a glowing bird swoops down into Erebos' hands and vanishes, leaving behind a piece of paper.


Érebos quickly conceals the message and acts inconspicuous about it, saying nothing.

Skill Roll | Concealment (conceal the piece of paper) ---> 1d100 = 20/52%




Erebos wrote:He then lingers until he can talk with Erebos. He approaches close and asks softly: " Erebos, are you aware Masaruke is greater fiend?" Adding quickly: "I trust your judgment entirely. But, felt I should warn you since they are feared by men."


The Shadow Mage pauses and speaks in a hushed tone. "I had suspected something was off about him, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. Thank you, Sku-erm... Meathook," he says with a wink at the hulking Troll. "We'll have to keep that under advisement. Perhaps we can do some poking around and see what his reputation is when we return," he says as a follow up.




Dodsrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid
Tuesday, June 13, 0330

When you arrive at Masaruke's Pyramid, the guards stop you at the entrance, bidding you to wait for Elinora. When she comes to the gate, she greets you cheerfully "Good morning. Such a wonderful day isn't it? I hope you all are ready for this. I have one of the portal rooms cleared and ready for your departure right now. If you would please follow me." With that she leads you into the compound and then into the pyramid proper. Instead of going up like you did last time, you decent down into the depths of the pyramid. After about five minutes of walking, you arrive in a fairly large chamber (easily big enough for a couple of adult dragons you would imagine.)


Érebos, despite having been inside several pyramids during his life, still experiences the feeling of wonder while approaching the large room. Never gets old... he thinks.

Elinora wrote:"Okay, here we are. Give me a moment and I will open up a portal to where you need to go. If you have any last questions or concerns, now is the time to bring them up. I look forward to seeing you when you come back." With that she goes to the middle of the room, and after about 30 seconds, a massive rift opens up in the center of the room. "Here's you ride. Good luck, and good hunting"


While Elinora is working her dimensional abilities to open the Rift, Érebos gathers the group around him.

"Alright Hellblazers - let's look alive on the other side of this Rift. Be ready - we don't really know what to expect other than the minimal information we've been told. Kianra goes first, then Rana, followed by Coldcenter and Irish. Skulls, you and I will enter last. See you on the other side - don't forget to use our operational names for security," he says, answering any questions and checking his own gear and making any final adjustments needed.

Once the Rift is open, Érebos will watch the team enter one by one, and briefly thank Elinora for her assistance. "We'll be in touch as soon as we are able," he says, and then steps into the unknown...




Once on the other side, Shroud's tactical training and instincts kick in.

After a quick headcount and looking around to get a sense of the lay of the land, he springs into action. "Let's get comms up and running. Testing secure channels," he says, making sure everyone's radio is functioning and on the same channel. Once everything appears to be on point: "Alright. I also have a relatively short-range comms spell that I will employ when we need it for discreet and secure comms based on shadows - but until we need that, no sense in wasting resources. Silver and Meathook, up front and look alive. You two will be the forward scouts, eyes and ears of Hellblazers - and you're best suited for it. The rest of us will follow your lead. Viator, stay close - we need you intact and fully functional if anything goes drastically wrong and to get home. You two..." - here, he will point at Irish and Coldcenter - "... will help make sure we don't suffer any nasty unexpected surprises by bringing up the rear and keeping your eyes and sensors, as is appropriate, peeled. This is the real deal, Hellblazers - let's earn our pay and reputation."

Satisfied so far, the Shadow Mage peers around and follows the lead of the group's forward scouts, ready for whatever may lay in store next.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:02 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 89
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 1
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 15
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.




Masaruke's Pyramid, Splynn
Monday, June 12, 1025

Rana wrote: "The mud was last touched by something very old... 8' tall... 700 lbs... gray skin... bald. I see a cloak. He is a traveler of some sort. Evil."


Im looking for a 700 lb track, that is very helpful. Likely bipedal, and taking an easy path. I wonder what soil this dimensional jungle has?




Erebos wrote: "I had suspected something was off about him, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. Thank you, Sku-erm... Meathook," he says with a wink at the hulking Troll. "We'll have to keep that under advisement. Perhaps we can do some poking around and see what his reputation is when we return."


Skulls nods and bids Erebos farewell. Thinking as he pads off, I intend to survive in this land of big dwellings. Atlantis, land of power. Erebos, you sir, are the shadow I will hide in. A danger to Hellblazers, is a danger to me.

Dodstrike wrote:Masaruke's Pyramid
Tuesday, June 13, 0330

When you arrive at Masaruke's Pyramid, the guards stop you at the entrance, bidding you to wait for Elinora. When she comes to the gate, she greets you cheerfully "Good morning. Such a wonderful day isn't it? I hope you all are ready for this. I have one of the portal rooms cleared and ready for your departure right now. If you would please follow me." With that she leads you into the compound and then into the pyramid proper. Instead of going up like you did last time, you decent down into the depths of the pyramid. After about five minutes of walking, you arrive in a fairly large chamber (easily big enough for a couple of adult dragons you would imagine.

"Okay, here we are. Give me a moment and I will open up a portal to where you need to go. If you have any last questions or concerns, now is the time to bring them up. I look forward to seeing you when you come back." With that she goes to the middle of the room, and after about 30 seconds, a massive rift opens up in the center of the room. "Here's you ride. Good luck, and good hunting"


After arriving at Masaruke's pyramid, Skulls is all business. He is wearing his full armor with spear in hand. Skulls focuses on remaining outwardly calm, but he filled with excited uncertainty. As the group follows Elinora, Skulls takes the rear and wiggles and stretches as they descend into the pyramid. When they reach the portal room he ceases his fidgeting.

Erebos wrote: "Alright Hellblazers - let's look alive on the other side of this Rift. Be ready - we don't really know what to expect other than the minimal information we've been told. Kianra goes first, then Rana, followed by Coldcenter and Irish. Skulls, you and I will enter last. See you on the ohter side - don't forget to use our operational names for security,"


Skulls grunts positively in response to Erebos's orders. Inwardly he is filled with questions. How does dimensional travel work ? If it works, how do we get back ? Is it like a door? When the rift appears, the trolls heartbeat quickens. Best feature of this armor is that it hides troll fear Skulls thinks, as he watches his fellow hellblazers vanish in the rift. When he feels it is time, Skulls turns to Elinora: "Till we meet again." He then slaps the top of helmet and walks into the rift. Till we meet again? That is a human saying? I do not think the Tea witch is human. I hope that was right ?


On the other side.


Immediately Skulls will seek cover. Looking for a feature that will conceal his bulk, a large tree trunk or rock preferably, in an attempt to prowl. From cover, Skulls will take in his surroundings. Noting his location in relation to the rest of the group and what he can see of the environment. He will listen for any noises, and try to find the sun, or moon, if one is visible.

Skill rolls:
Prowl 62% = 1d100 = 86
Land Navigation 64% = 1d100 = 50

Shroud wrote: "Let's get comms up and running. Testing secure channels,"


"This is Meathook. Can others hear me?" Assuming he gets an answer skulls will be pleased with his use of technology.

Shroud wrote:"Alright. Silver and Meathook, up front and look alive. You two will be the forward scouts, eyes and ears of Hellblazers - and you're best suited for it. The rest of us will follow your lead. Viator, stay close - we need you intact and fully functional if anything goes drastically wrong and to get home. You two..." - here, he will point at Irish and Coldcenter - "... will help make sure we don't suffer any nasty unexpected surprises by bringing up the rear and keeping your eyes and sensors, as is appropriate, peeled."


Skulls replies: "my pleasure"

Skulls will move to Rana, while he eagerly looks their position over for tracks, or a used trail that they should pursue. He will move as quietly as he can. The trolls posture lower to the ground and predatory in this foreign environment.

Skill rolls:
Track & Trap Animals 55% = 1d100 = 78
Detect Ambush 50% = 1d100 = 89
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 57




Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby ColdCenter » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71/45%
JIC: 1d100 = 28/1d20 = 4

At the feast Coldcenter will be all laughs and cheer. He will tell of his glorious battles in the arena. When they get home and is asked for an operational name he thinks it over. What is something that suits me? It has to be a weapon because that is what I am. A living weapon. Trident. They can be used up close and at distance. Yes, trident. He looks at everyone and tells them the name he has choosen for himself. "I will go by the call sign Trident."

He heads downstairs to his room and takes a long hot shower. After drying off does it finally dawn him that he has forgot to buy an important item. I can't believe I forgot to get some body oils. Maybe Kianra has some. Yeah, how is that going to sound. Hey Kianra, do you have some body oil I can use. You know to prepare for battle tomorrow. I will just have to add it to the list when we get back.

Cold sets up all his gear from the armor to all of his weapons so he can quickly and efficiently put them on. When he is ready the bio-comp will pump sedatives into his bloodstream so that he may get a few hours of sleep. After 4 hours he will wake and do a few exercises next to his bed. With that out of the way he sits and tries to calm his mind for lies ahead in the day. You will move gracefully into the fight when needed. Your strikes will be quick but accurate. This is not for show or sport, but for efficiency and ruthlessness. You will make sure everyone makes it back.

When the time comes he will dress himself in his armor, the railgun on his back, the sword at his side and the rifle in his hands. He meets the rest of the team upstairs and then takes the ride to the pyramid. Once again he falls in line behind everyone except Skulls. When they enter the large room he stops in looks around in wonderment almost long enough for skulls to bump into him. He gets himself together and stands with the others. He nods at the orders given to him and awaits for the rift to open. Before it does he swaps out the JA-12 for KLS-RG-15X. Just in case there are some really big nasties on the other side. When the rift first opens up he is wonderstruck, but when Kianra moves he gets back into the zone. As moves to enter he looks at Elinora and gives her a two finger salute from his helmet.



After exiting the rift Coldcenter will move to the right and get down on one knee and sweep the area for any hostiles. When Érebos exits and calls everyone over he huddles up. Again just silently nodding when given his order. As the groups starts to fan out and others have done a radio check he tests his. "This is Trident on radio check over." As the group starts to move out he will once again switch his weapons so that he has the JA-12 in his hands. As they move along he will make sure Irish is in front of him.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!


ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:23 am

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 59

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 82

Elinora wrote: "I can think of at least a dozen species that fit that description, and at least another couple dozen individuals who also would fit that description after their time with the bio-wizards. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that."


Lore: Demons & Monsters 38%/53% when dealing with undead 1d100 = 15 (does Rana recognize the particular species? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 1 (Do I recall hearing anything about anyone matching this description? - CRIT SUCCESS)




Erebos wrote:"Alright Hellblazers - let's look alive on the other side of this Rift. Be ready - we don't really know what to expect other than the minimal information we've been told. Kianra goes first, then Rana, followed by Coldcenter and Irish. Skulls, you and I will enter last. See you on the other side - don't forget to use our operational names for security,"


Rana nods, and once Kianra steps through, Rana trots up to - and through - the portal, without breaking stride.

On the other side, Rana follows Kianra's lead and looks for obvious cover.

Prowl 33% 1d100 = 89 (FAIL)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)

After the rest file through, and Shroud calls for a comms check, Rana whispers over the radio, "Silver here."

Erebos wrote:Silver and Meathook, up front and look alive. You two will be the forward scouts, eyes and ears of Hellblazers - and you're best suited for it.


Rana nods. "Yes, Shroud." With that, she takes her place at point with Skulls/Meathook. She nods to the troll, and begins picking the path forward.

Prowl 33% 1d100 = 42 (FAIL)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)
Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 25 (spot potential paths forward - SUCCESS)
Wilderness Survival 38% 1d100 = 45 (identify type of terrain we're in - i.e., desert, forest, etc. - and it's attendant dangers to be wary of - FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 93 (Do I see heavy, wide tracks as might be made by a 700 lb. man? - FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Irish » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Sensor Notes: Radar: Can identify and track up to 72 targets simultaneously at a range of 40 miles.
Targeting Computer: Assists in tracking and identification of enemy targets. Ten mile range.

Prowl: 1d100 = 35/35% Pass (Try to be stealthy)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor: 1d100 = 22/77% Pass (Don't want to trip and fall)
Radio: Basic: 1d100 = 87/70% Fail (Comm Check)
Radio: Basic: 1d100 = 13/70% Pass (2nd Attempt Comm check)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 38/60% Pass (Looking at the built in sensors)

Irish follows the team to the places they go, he's not particularly verbose during the dinner, or the trip to the Pyramid very early in the morning. His face is unfathomable behind his opaque face plate. If one were to guess by his stance, they might guess he was bored.

Kianra'Dea wrote: "I will go first, follow my lead." She says rather plainly, recognizing her own experience with dimensional hoping versus that of her companions.


Irish shrugs non-noncommittally, and continues standing where he has been. Certainly didn't want to go first myself. Irish thinks sarcastically.

Érebos wrote:"Alright Hellblazers - let's look alive on the other side of this Rift. Be ready - we don't really know what to expect other than the minimal information we've been told. Kianra goes first, then Rana, followed by Coldcenter and Irish. Skulls, you and I will enter last. See you on the other side - don't forget to use our operational names for security,"


Irish nods. Into the great unknown I suppose. Irish thinks waiting for Rana and Coldcenter to enter the portal. Then with a inward sigh, Irish heads through the portal. Once in the other side, Irish tries to make himself unseen (but not knowing what is in the other side, no idea if that is even possible).

Érebos wrote:"Let's get comms up and running. Testing secure channels,"


Poor timing for that, but whatever. Irish thinks as he listens to the others and their new nicknames. [Dragonese/Elven]"Irish here." Damn it, wrong setting. Irish fixes the settings. [Dragonese/Elven]"Irish here." Why change my nickname, when I don't have too. Irish thinks.

Érebos wrote:"Alright. I also have a relatively short-range comms spell that I will employ when we need it for discreet and secure comms based on shadows - but until we need that, no sense in wasting resources. Silver and Meathook, up front and look alive. You two will be the forward scouts, eyes and ears of Hellblazers - and you're best suited for it. The rest of us will follow your lead. Viator, stay close - we need you intact and fully functional if anything goes drastically wrong and to get home. You two..." - here, he will point at Irish and Coldcenter - "... will help make sure we don't suffer any nasty unexpected surprises by bringing up the rear and keeping your eyes and sensors, as is appropriate, peeled. This is the real deal, Hellblazers - let's earn our pay and reputation."


In the rear, I can live with that. Irish thinks as he draws his pistol. and takes up the spot he has been ordered to. Let's see how quickly this plan falls to confrontation with the enemy. Irish thinks partially quoting an old maxim.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo


Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35


Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Current Loadout
User avatar
Irish
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0335

Stepping through the rift, the first thing you notice is that it is bright, like middle of the day no real shade bright. The next thing you notice is the heat and humidity (if you aren't in EBA), which is oppressive. Once you get a chance to look around, you notice that you are in a massive clearing, at least 300' in diameter, in the middle of a jungle with enormous plant life. In the distance you can hear the sounds of the native fauna, some of which sound like they could be quite large. The clearing you are in is made mostly of drying mud, which at a quick glance has a variety of tracks in it. The sky overhead is a crisp red color, and the sun is a very interesting shade of blue. You are slightly off center of the massive clearing, and you notice two exits to the clearing, one to the southwest, and one to the east.

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Irish » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:39 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Irish watches his HUD while the others bumble about the clearing. Hmmm, doesn't seem to be an immediate threat. But I suppose they'll want to know. Irish thinks quietly. [Dragonese/Elven]"I'm tracking a group or flock of something large flying westerly about thirty-five miles out." Irish says over the group channel. Wonder what they look like. Irish thinks as he moves away from the portal location and closer to the edge of the clearing so as to enjoy the cover primeval forest.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo


Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35


Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Current Loadout
User avatar
Irish
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 am

Kianra'Dea Rolls Carried wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 10 / Original post: 1d20 = 18
Perception [43% (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: Original post: 1d100 = 6
[Skills]
Prowl [53%]: Original post: 1d100 = 8 (Quiet in new environment as to not attract attention)
Detect Ambush [63%]: Original post: 1d100 = 24 (Watch for signs of ambush)


Active Abilities: Sense Ley Lines (Auto; 30 miles) | Sense Nexus (Auto; 35 miles) | Sense Open/Active Rifts (Auto; 120 miles) | Sense Dimensional Disturbances (Phasing/Teleporting, etc) while on LL (Auto; 40 miles)


Unless otherwise states, Kianra speaks in Dragonese/Elvin and thinks in Greek


Not wearing an EBA, Kianra finds the relative warmth and humidity of the planet irritating at best. As she gazes around and notices the jungle with planets-life larger than that of most things on earth, a filter of a smile crosses her lips. This is interesting. Who knew our first trip would be like something out of the past. I wonder what secrets this dimension holds. She muses. When she spots the tracks near their landing point, her smile creases into a frown. Recent? Did our transport startle them away or has it been longer. Natives perhaps, or our targets. She'll immediately point out the tracks to Rana and Erebos. "Shroud, Silver. Check out those footprints, they seem new-ish" She says, pointing to them before adding. "I need a minute to get a sense of this dimension."

Taking a knee, she falls into a trance like state for a minute (1 minute) while her senses spiderweb out into the world around her. She'll draw ambient PPE from the nexus point they are on as to not draw on her own reserves (She can draw 30 per tattoo activation; she needs 25). Huh? A Pocket Dimension. Okay. Permeable at best so perhaps newer or not strong enough to form completely. Supports human life and is rich in magic; we're on a nexus right now. Excellent. The fold seems similar to that of Earth or Phase World, strong capacities for punishment even though it is a mortal plane. No Intelligences, good. We don't need to deal with that. I can sense another active portal within 400 miles, no pyramids though, and it leads back to Earth... This mega-fungal dimension likely has some tenacious mammal and reptilian critters and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some large bugs. Her trance ends and she extends her personal senses to see if she can narrow some of it down.Is the Open/Active Rift within 120 miles or further out. Are there any dimensional disturbances along the Nexus and conjoined Ley Lines they are on.

Regardless of her own senses, she double taps her radio before speaking to everyone, softly but clearly. "Alright, Blazers. Here's what I gleaned about this world, what to expect; listen closely." She ebgins, ensuring she has everyone's attention. "We're sitting in a permeable pocket dimension that is rich in magic and supports human life rather decently. We're currently sitting on a Nexus. It's a strong dimension that provides a good deal of resistance and capacity for punishment. I do not sense any alien intelligences nearby, which is good, and there is at least one active portal between 120-400 miles north of us, suggesting magic activity, possibly our targets; and the last one opened leads back to Earth. The dimension itself is mega-fungal, large plant-life, obviously. And has various mammal and reptilian critters, and I would suspect we may run into abnormally sized bugs. Also, I pointed out a pair of footprints too Shroud and Silver, seems semi-recent. A chance our arrival here alerted some natives, or possibly, our targets." She finishes her update and looks to Shroud. "We should get out of this open field and under cover."

Kianra will spend time channeling ambient energy into her Power Matrix Tattoo to ensure it is fully charged.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 72
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 17
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 45
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.



Dodstrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0335

Stepping through the rift, the first thing you notice is that it is bright, like middle of the day no real shade bright. The next thing you notice is the heat and humidity (if you aren't in EBA), which is oppressive. Once you get a chance to look around, you notice that you are in a massive clearing, at least 300' in diameter, in the middle of a jungle with enormous plant life. In the distance you can hear the sounds of the native fauna, some of which sound like they could be quite large. The clearing you are in is made mostly of drying mud, which at a quick glance has a variety of tracks in it. The sky overhead is a crisp red color, and the sun is a very interesting shade of blue. You are slightly off center of the massive clearing, and you notice two exits to the clearing, one to the southwest, and one to the east.


Entering the dimension took Skulls by shock. His first minute spent looking for cover, before ultimately laying prone. It was the radio, that snapped him into action. Mud hanging off his armor, Skulls headed to Rana. He struggles to take it all in. Tracked up mud....noises....we need to get into the cover of the jungle.

Irish wrote:"I'm tracking a group or flock of something large flying westerly about thirty-five miles out."


Skulls will pause, and try to orient himself with the sun, as he would on earth. I don't know what time of day it is, or how this blue sun even works? Good thing Irish has a compass. Skulls activates his comm: "Irish this is Meathook. What heading is the Sun currently?"

Skill roll:
Land Navigation 64%=1d100 = 73 (Establish the sun as a bearing. Noting its placement in the sky.)

Kianra'Dea wrote:"Shroud, Silver. Check out those footprints, they seem new-ish"


Footprints? Skulls will look at the fresh tracks. He will attempt to follow the tracks and learn their direction. The troll will be careful not to step on the tracks themselves.

Skill rolls: (whichever is applicable )
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 41 (accessing direction, weight and other tells of the tracks Kianra'Dea found)
Track animal 55% =1d100 = 45(accessing direction, weight and other tells of the tracks Kianra'Dea found)

Kianra'Dea wrote: "We're sitting in a permeable pocket dimension that is rich in magic and supports human life rather decently. We're currently sitting on a Nexus. It's a strong dimension that provides a good deal of resistance and capacity for punishment. I do not sense any alien intelligences nearby, which is good, and there is at least one active portal between 120-400 miles north of us, suggesting magic activity, possibly our targets; and the last one opened leads back to Earth. The dimension itself is mega-fungal, large plant-life, obviously. And has various mammal and reptilian critters, and I would suspect we may run into abnormally sized bugs. Also, I pointed out a pair of footprints too Shroud and Silver, seems semi-recent. A chance our arrival here alerted some natives, or possibly, our targets."


Skulls listens carefully. Then grinning toothily, thinks: I know some of what she said was not positive, punishment and some other things. All I hear is big game. Skulls will pursue the fresh tracks to the edge of the clearing unless Rana chooses a different direction. The troll is keen to leave the clearing.




Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Érebos » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Érebos wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 78/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): Original post: 1d100 = 74
JIC (20): Original post: 1d20 = 13


Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 100:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.




A nexus... thinks the Shadow Mage as he takes in the uncomfortably bright environment and winces slightly. Even still, he can sense the Nexus point the Hellblazers are on.

He nods at Viator’s recommendation for cover.

The Sunaj will cast a quick Shadow Mask over his face to dim the brightness and look to the scouts of the group.

If neither speaks up in terms of which way to go, he will look for the closest cover available that they can all fit under.

”Let’s get out of this exposed position. Silver; Meathook: which way? Irish, Roger that, keep track of their distance and let me know if they look to be closing or heading directly toward us.” he says into the encrypted team frequency.

Meanwhile, he will draw in P.P.E. (20 PPE per round, overcharging to maximum of 696 P.P.E. ; will take just under 6 minutes and I figure we will spend a few looking for clues/tracks and so on) while waiting for the clues to present themselves to the team and letting everyone get their bearings.

(OOC: so far as I’m aware one can draw energy while moving, so if we need to walk a direction and Shroud is still on the Nexus he will draw energy until he is off of it, and then continue if on a Ley line)
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Irish wrote:"I'm tracking a group or flock of something large flying westerly about thirty-five miles out."


Rana nods. "Get under the tree canopy."

Kianra wrote: "Shroud, Silver. Check out those footprints, they seem new-ish"


Rana goes to look at them, to see if they match, and then moves under the forest canopy to avoid detection by fliers.

Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 75 (how many individuals, what direction? - FAIL)
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 64 (Do any match the weight and size profile of the person from my object reading? - FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 38% 1d100 = 4 (Is this the same type of mud - color, consistency, etc. - as what I examined in Masaruke's pyramid? - CRIT. SUCCESS)

Erebos wrote:"Silver; Meathook: which way?"


Based on what she's observed and the direction of the tracks Kianra has pointed out, Rana makes her best guess on the direction of the enemy position and points in that direction.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0340

As the team takes stock of the situation, examining their surroundings as sharing information as it comes up, most of the group heads towards the cover at the edge of the clearing. The sounds of the jungle are ever present, some are close, things that you presume are birds from the noises they make, not that you can see them, to distant roars of what is probably some predator. The heat and humidity haven't really let up, and you begin to wonder if you will ever get used to it, or if it something you will just have to suffer through.

Skulls and Rana look at the tracks Kianra pointed out, and they seem to follow one particular set of tracks to the southwest, in the general direction of one of the paths out of the clearing. Taking cover in the edge of the jungle brings up a new surprise, not only are there vines and roots all along the floor of the jungle, the mud that is more dry than wet in the clearing is more wet that dry under the cover of the massive trees. Staying in the edge of the treeline seems to keep it manageable, but by the time most of the group works their way around to where Skulls and Rana followed the tracks, you have mud caked to your boots and the lower parts of your legs.

The path that Skulls and Rana followed the tracks to is about 30' wide, give or take a little as you look down it, and seems to be much like the clearing, mostly dry mud, although the height of the jungle on both sides offers more shade than was available in the clearing. One thing that catches your eye almost immediately is a giant skull, about 4-5' high, and maybe 10' long, lies at the edge of the path about 100' down it. It's definitly been picked over by scavengers, and from the still apparent stains, can't be more than a few months old.

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Lord of skulls » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:55 am

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 10
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 17
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 33
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.




Dodstrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0340

As the team takes stock of the situation, examining their surroundings as sharing information as it comes up, most of the group heads towards the cover at the edge of the clearing. The sounds of the jungle are ever present, some are close, things that you presume are birds from the noises they make, not that you can see them, to distant roars of what is probably some predator. The heat and humidity haven't really let up, and you begin to wonder if you will ever get used to it, or if it something you will just have to suffer through.

Skulls and Rana look at the tracks Kianra pointed out, and they seem to follow one particular set of tracks to the southwest, in the general direction of one of the paths out of the clearing. Taking cover in the edge of the jungle brings up a new surprise, not only are there vines and roots all along the floor of the jungle, the mud that is more dry than wet in the clearing is more wet that dry under the cover of the massive trees. Staying in the edge of the treeline seems to keep it manageable, but by the time most of the group works their way around to where Skulls and Rana followed the tracks, you have mud caked to your boots and the lower parts of your legs.

The path that Skulls and Rana followed the tracks to is about 30' wide, give or take a little as you look down it, and seems to be much like the clearing, mostly dry mud, although the height of the jungle on both sides offers more shade than was available in the clearing. One thing that catches your eye almost immediately is a giant skull, about 4-5' high, and maybe 10' long, lies at the edge of the path about 100' down it. It's definitly been picked over by scavengers, and from the still apparent stains, can't be more than a few months old.


As Skulls follows the tracks Kianra found, it becomes clear to him that they are
significant. It is a party of five .....humany...clearly together...and one was heavy. Perhaps you are what Rana saw? As this dawns on him, Skulls slows and taps his comm: "Shroud. This is Meathook. I am on the trail of five human-like beings, one was very heavy. They were met by two other large beings, and continue on together as seven."
The troll has given up on being stealthy, instead trying to follow the tracks quickly. He enjoys the mud and adapts by taking longer strides with pointed toes. He notes animal tracks near the edge of the clearing. The troll pauses briefly to take them in. They are truly massive. 5 feet long and indented in the mud a whole foot. The claws would indicate a predator. The ultimate hunt, or just some friendly dimensional vegetarian? large eyes rapidly blinking inside his helmet, as he imagines the scale of this beast. Skulls continues following the tracks, squishing along, until he encounters the giant skull. Here, he will stop and try to picture the creature alive. He will imagine how it died, and what might have eaten its corpse. "Silver? Do you see this?" Skulls will broadcast, as he scans the area around the giant skull.

Skill rolls :
Radio : Basic 65%=1d100 = 61 (Comm usage.)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55%=1d100 = 81 ( Possible creatures, based on the huge tracks.)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55%=1d100 = 8 (What the giant skull belonged to.)
Track Animals 55%=1d100 = 96 (Looking at the scavengers tracks. Mammal, reptile or other?)
Detect Ambush 50%=1d100 = 83 (Judging the area of the giant skull.)




Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Rana » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 am

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 44 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 13

As the team gathers under the jungle canopy, Rana pulls Erebos aside. "Shroud... I am thinking our large gray bald prey could be a temporal raider. They are very familiar with rifts and other gateways... I do not know what this implies but it seems a possibility that it may know we are here."

Lore: Demons & Monsters 38% 1d100 = 75 (what does Rana know about Temporal Raiders? - FAIL)

As they come to the Giant skull, Rana looks it over.

Skulls wrote:"Silver? Do you see this?"


Rana nods. "Under another sky I would be happy to hunt a creature such as this."

Lore: Demons & Monsters 38% 1d100 = 34 (What type of critter? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 48 (What does Rana know about this type of critter? - FAIL)

Under the edge of the canopy, Rana helps to pick a trail ahead.

Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 84 (Pick a trail to our destination - FAIL)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 10 (Avoid traps & ambushes - SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 44 (Follow tracks - FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 38% 1d100 = 66 (Avoid natural pitfalls - FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Rana
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Kianra'Dea » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:13 pm

JiC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 10
Perception [43% (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: 1d100 = 8

Unless otherwise stated, Kianra speaks in Dragonese/Elvin and thinks in Greek



Kianra shrugs off the relative humidity, having dealt with worse in her time as a Voyager for her clan and remains silent as the scouts do their thing. Having said her piece regarding the dimension, Kianra defers to the scouts and her lantean leader as she is accustomed to doing on lantean raids and moves to the canopy with the shade. A Mega-fauna environment will have all manner of threats, from the predator life to even the planet life. Even the smallest of animals or simplest of plants can be deadly in this type of dimension. Lucky we haven't spotted any mega-fungal type to match the fauna. She finds herself thinking, suddenly wishing her companion Defender was with her. She had grown accustomed to her friend's presence with her on this missions and, this being the first one since leaving her clan's service, puts her slightly off.

She gazes at the large blue star that occupies much of the sky with a certain degree of awe, her normally stoic stance diminishing in its wake as she finally finds herself where she wants to be; traversing a new and under-explored dimensional world. To those that can see her, a slight smile creases her lips as she releases a light breathe in wake of the environment. Foregoing the humidity and the dangers, Kianra is comfortable.

She'll remain near the center of the group as they travel, deferring to the older lantean's leadership, and watch for signs of danger in this environment. Being the only Voyager who is accustomed to dimensional travel, she knows she is uniquely qualified to identify threats the others may overlook.

[color=#0000FF="Meathook"] "Shroud. This is Meathook. I am on the trail of five human-like beings, one was very heavy. They were met by two other large beings, and continue on together as seven."[/color]

Her attention is snapped back by Meathook. So, seven. Sounds about right for a raid team, possibly missing an eight. She muses and glances to Shroud. She thinks on what she knows about other dimensional raiding teams, possible temporal raiders, or other ilk that traverse the dimensions she may have encountered before. "I've encountered my share of dimensional raiding types before. Were you able to glean any other details about them?" Kianra asks of both Skulls and Rana.

Skills:
Lore, D-Bees [68%]: 1d100 = 4(Crit) (Types of Dimensional Raiders she may be able to expect/common resources)
Lore, Dimensions [68%]: 1d100 = 1(MEGA CRIT)(Types of Dimensional Raiders she may be able to expect/common resources)
Lore, Demons/Monster [68%]: 1d100 = 52 (Types of Dimensional Raiders she may be able to expect/common resources)
Xenology [63%]: 1d100 = 9 (Types of alien life one could expect on this mega-fauna planet; predators both fauna and flora)
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 22 (Watch for signs of ambush)
Prowl [53%]: 1d100 = 37 (Move quietly; self explanatory)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby ColdCenter » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95/45%
JIC: 1d100 = 36/1d20 = 1

Seeing as Coldcenter is in full enviromental armor the heat and humidity have no effect on him. He can see on his HUD in his helment that some of his team might be uncomfortable if they are not in EBA like himself. I'm sure they knew what they were getting into and if they didn't want to have armor like Irish and me I'm sure they are dealing with it.

He lets the other do their thing as he brings up the rear and will stay silent as they do so. When they are at the treeline he will scrape off the mud from the bottom of his boots on some roots and vines. I need to make sure I have good enough traction if I have to get into hand to hand combat. While they are at the openning he will turn his back to the group and face out toward the clearing. The other openning into the clearing is what he watches the most for any signs of danger.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!


ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am


Return to Atlantis Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest