Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Postby Dodsrike » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:37 am

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0355

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go.

What are you doing?
Dodsrike
Game Master

Postby Irish » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80; 31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 100 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 100 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 100 minutes).

Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 35/60% Pass (To watch the radar.)

Irish takes having multiple spells on himself in stride. Wizards, magic is everything to them. Irish thinks as he waits for the group to continue on it's way. Once on the move Irish takes up a spot somewhere in the rear of the pack as he isn't tracking, and he would rather not get in the way. For the most part Irish's mind is elsewhere as this is not exactly his normal wheelhouse, so he thinks of improvements to his power armor.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo

Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35

Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Current Loadout
Irish

Postby Kianra'Dea » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:25 am

JiC: 1d100 = 86 / 1d20 = 18
Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 33
Active Effects: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 100 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 100 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 100 minutes).

Kianra takes the augmentation provided by Erebos with a gracious nod, not unlike what Lantean Defenders had offered in the past. Curious magic, shadow magic. Not practiced often. She muses.

Her eye twitches at the prospect of contending with properly armed and magically inclined temporal or dimensional raiders. Fantastic. We had trouble with these types with a true lantean kill squad. This rag-tag group may well get itself killed by them, which includes me. Well, we'll see to it that doesn't happen. These types usually have a fair amount of resources and toys we can make use of. She muses to herself amid their travel. I'm not too keen on dealing with the wildlife here, hopefully any scavengers we encroach on determine we aren't their type of meal, and we stray away from the larger prey. She thinks as she hears the sounds of birds and monkey-like creatures nearby.

Glancing at Erebos as he summons his pet, she nods. Such a thing can be helpful to us

Not being the scout of the team, she ensures she doesn't pass them even as she may want too. Her sense of adventure not overpowering her knowledge of the land. "Shroud, we can expect a fair degree of magical prowess from our enemy when we find them. There is no reason not to assume they don't have a means to sense our arrival, or even our presence. I also anticipate a shifter or temporal mage among them, if not multiple." She whispers to the Erebos. Tapping her radio, she restates her message to everyone. "We can expect a fair degree magical resistance when we find our quarry, though the sounds of the wildlife leads me to think we are, at least for the moment, alone here. Eyes up." She finish, then follow the scouts. She'll make use of the flight spell to avoid leaving a trail, but will only take off if the others do.

Skills
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 29 (Watch for signs of impending ambush)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Kianra'Dea

Postby Érebos » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (100): 1d100 = 50
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 95:00; Shadow Skin: 100:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 100:00; Fly as the Eagle: 100:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

ColdCenter wrote:((Rolls Held Over))

Coldcenter pulls in close to the group and does what Érebos asks of them. After learning that a magic flying spell has been cast on him he lets his guard down as he trys it out. The most he will do is move up 2 feet off the ground. As he floats up he lets a soft childish giggle slip out. "hehe"

Shroud grins behind the inky black magical skin. Get comfortable with it now, before you really have to rely on it he thinks approvingly.

Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0355

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go.

"Irish, any change on the bogeys you observed earlier on radar?" asks the Sunaj into the team radio.

Kianra wrote:Kianra takes the augmentation provided by Erebos with a gracious nod, not unlike what Lantean Defenders had offered in the past.

Her eye twitches at the prospect of contending with properly armed and magically inclined temporal or dimensional raiders.

Glancing at Erebos as he summons his pet, she nods.

Not being the scout of the team, she ensures she doesn't pass them even as she may want too. Her sense of adventure not overpowering her knowledge of the land. "Shroud, we can expect a fair degree of magical prowess from our enemy when we find them. There is no reason not to assume they don't have a means to sense our arrival, or even our presence. I also anticipate a shifter or temporal mage among them, if not multiple." She whispers to the Erebos.

"Viator, Shroud: understood - good to know. We'll be sure to keep you safe and secure just in case we're in over our heads, since you're the getaway vehicle, as it were... just like old times, hmm?" he whispers into a shadowy area with a grin.

Kianra wrote:Tapping her radio, she restates her message to everyone. "We can expect a fair degree magical resistance when we find our quarry, though the sounds of the wildlife leads me to think we are, at least for the moment, alone here. Eyes up." She finish, then follow the scouts. She'll make use of the flight spell to avoid leaving a trail, but will only take off if the others do.

"Look alive, Hellblazers... stay off the ground and out of the mud unless we don't have other options, so as to avoid leaving tracks or slowing down - now here we go..." he says into the radio after Irish reports back on what he sees.

Shroud then gestures to Skulls and Rana to continue their scouting as he keeps an eye on the Shadow Wraith.

I wonder how long it will take before evening sets in... he thinks. Surely the wildlife here sleeps at some point...

As others have mentioned, Érebos will hover off the ground slightly so as to not be slowed by mud or leave tracks.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos
Group Leader

Postby Rana » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 am

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 50

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 29

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

Rana holds as Erebos casts spells on her, and takes the opportunity to study the giant skull a bit more closely. Giant Crocodile... Not good... But big enough to see coming, yes.

Once she has her spells, She begins to hover, glad to be out of the mud for a change. She taps Skulls on the shoulder and points at the giant animal skull. "It's a croc." maybe Kianra marks this dimension, so we can come back to hunt sometime. Such an animal would have fed my Bajrak for days. The hide would make tough armor indeed, and great weapons and totems could be carved from its bones.

With that, she begins to move forward, about 3' off the ground, following the trail.

Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 25 (Pick a trail to our destination - SUCCESS)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 48 (Avoid traps & ambushes - SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 68 (Follow tracks - FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 87 (FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 4 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 131/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
Rana

Postby Lord of skulls » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Perception [41%]:1d100 = 46
Just in Case(20):1d20 = 11
Just in Case(100):1d100 = 25

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes : seconds) : Shadow Skin: 100:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 100:00; Fly as the Eagle: 100:00

Skulls has very little first hand experience with magic. He pauses his investigation and listens when Erebos explains the spells. After the spells are active, the troll very purposefully tests his flying capabilities. He hovers off the ground and maneuvers forward and reverse in short slow movements. Behind his helmet, Skulls smiles while accessing how to harness his new power.

Kianra wrote:"I've encountered my share of dimensional raiding types before. Were you able to glean any other details about them?"

The troll radios back to Kianra. "I will try to learn more from their tracks. Other than the rough size and weight of our prey, I have learned little."

Dodstrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go

Rana wrote:She taps Skulls on the shoulder and points at the giant animal skull. "It's a croc."

Skulls turns his armored bulk to face Rana. Taps his comm :" I agree Silver. A sarcosuchus, they lived on the earth before man. Their decedents are ambush predators, we should keep that in mind." He looks back at the skull and its severed vertebrae, before adding : " She was not the top of the food chain." What does rule this jungle?[i/]

Shroud wrote:"Look alive, Hellblazers... stay off the ground and out of the mud unless we don't have other options, so as to avoid leaving tracks or slowing down - now here we go..."

Hovering a few feet off the ground, skulls will assume a near prone position and return to the thieves tracks. The troll enjoys his weightlessness, and feels flight is a tactical advantage. He will follow the tracks as quickly as he can, because he loves to hunt and wishes to prove himself useful. Skulls is deliberately mindful of his hunting companion, attempting to non-verbally coordinate with her as they track. He will attempt silence, but otherwise will be directly over the tracks, focused on covering ground. [i]Lord of Skulls flying dimensional troll. Airlurker.

Skill rolls :
Wilderness Survival 65% = 1d100 = 36 (Looking for potential food and water as well as abnormalities in the habitat that might indicate danger.)
Land Navigation 64% = 1d100 = 4 (keeping track of their path, notable landmarks, turns, etc.)
Detect Ambush 50% = 1d100 = 100 (Avoiding sarcosuchus and scanning for hazards unknown.)
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 33
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 44
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 3 (Stay on the tracks of his prey, judge their rate of travel and look for other insight from the tracks themselves.)

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby ColdCenter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 37

Cold will use his time to get a feeling for this new ability and think of ways to use it to his advantage in a fight. Well the old attack from above is a good one.
I don't think I want to hang out too high or some flying thing might think I'm lunch. I guess I will use the death from above if they attack from the front. Any other direction and I will use normal tactics.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!

ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
ColdCenter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Atlantis Adventure Forum