Episode 1: First outing

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am

Episode 1: First outing

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0830
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


You find yourselves gathered in a small hangar at the airport outside the walls of Merctown. The hangar is spartan, functionally-oriented, and clearly not designed with long-term habitation in mind. The mess hall is small and simple. The living quarters are simple, clean, and incredibly basic like an inexpensive suite of hotel rooms. The garage area is spartan, but well-stocked, and set up logically to effect necessary repairs in the shortest amount of time possible. Adjacent to the garage/workshop area is a windowless, solid-walled room with a keypad and a physical lock barring entry. No company logos are visible anywhere. You've been informed that your contact, a man who has gone by the name "Ford" in your back and forth electronic communications, will be seeing you for a briefing shortly.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 82

Leonard Church looks around at the spartan conditions and shrugs, "Won't be spending much time around here anyways.", he mutters out loud to no one. He pulls out a chair and sitting down he pulls out a whet stone and his Bowie knife. In short order he settles down to sharpening the blade while he waits for the other members to arrive along with Ford. "Never known him to be late before. Hope that doesn't mean he ran into trouble.", he glances up at the hangars entrance, keeping an eye out for anyone showing up, still stroking the large blade across the oiled stone.
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 32
Conditions: None.


Phil makes a low whistle as he steps into the hanger, while it isn't the largest building he's ever been in, it certainly is one of the nicest. Sure is fancy around here. Phil thinks as he sets his bags down and rests his rifle on top of them. Seeing Church sharpening his knife, Phil moves towards him. "Names Phil, nice to meet ya." Phil says with more than a little southern drawl. Phil looks around a bit, checking the area so to speak. "Some nice digs they offering us here." Phil says with a bit of wonder in his voice. "Sure beats the shack I was living in." Phil continues.

Phil looks for a chair, but ends up just sitting on the floor with his back leaning against his bags.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 36/1d20 = 1

Murphy walks into the hanger with what little belongs he has and takes a look around. When he spots the Wolftrack he walks over to it. "Well Suzy, it looks you and I are going to be best friends from now on. I'll treat you nice and lady like and all you have to do is get me and the other folk back in one piece." As he is talking to the truck lovingly he is patting one of the tires.

After introducing himself to the new Suzy he makes his way over to the two men sitting at the table. "Well look what we got here. Looks like we got one them juiced up super dudes. Did that hurt like hell are what? I meet one of your kind that like to fly or something like that. Sumbitch could do things I know would have made me blow chunks all over the place. What is up with the knife? Are we hunting something soon? An how names Murphy but just call me Hawk. You know like the bird." He looks over at the guy sitting on the ground and knows it is important to make the right impression because he has one hell of a big gun.

"Well damn son that is one hell of big gun you have there. What is it used for? Shooting down them ass hat sammie boys? Or one them big beetle things? I know, take'in out those big 'ol ant critters. What they called? Xixertic, Xertic or Xiticer. Don't matter I just call'em ants. Mean and nasty sumbitches they are. You ever messed with one? You mess with one and the 'hole damn lot want a piece of your sweet ass. Like I just said before the name is Hawk." After verbally assaulting their ears Murphy will take a seat at the table. This won't last long so he gets up to inspect the wolftrack inside and out until more people arrive. Then it is their turn to get an ear full.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:49 pm

(Rolls Carried Over)

Phill chuckles a soft chuckle. "Nah man, I hunted Dino's with it. Don't know about no bugs really. Nice to meet ya Hawk, I'm Phil." Phil answers with a drawl.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:48 pm

((rolls carried))


Church lifts an eye brow at Phil, "If this is your standard for fancy, I would hate to see where you slept last.", he holds out his hand, "Leonard Church, just call me Church though. Good to meet you. Wish I knew how long we'll be waiting but...", Church shrugs and is about to go back to sharpening his knife again when another new comer shows up.


Church's eyebrow furrows but he answers Hawk all the same, "Well, it did more then tickle at the time. And no, I don't pilot aircraft. I prefer to keep my feet on the ground. Good to meet you Hawk, I'm Leonard Church, but you can just call me Church. As for the knife, I tend to think a knife trumps a gun. They don't jam or run out of ammo. And yes, I figure we will be hunting out there in the Frontier.".
Last edited by Leonard Church on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:49 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Leonard Church wrote:Church's eyebrow furrows but he answers all the same, "Well, it did more then tickle at the time. And no, I don't pilot aircraft. I prefer to keep my feet on the ground. Good to meet you Hawk, I'm Leonard Church, but you can just call me Church. As for the knife, I tend to think a knife trumps a gun. They don't jam or run out of ammo. And yes, I figure we will be hunting out the in the Frontier.".


"Well it's good to meet you Church. So what do you do for a living? I myself will be you personal chauffeur, that means driver, on these here little adventures.
I pretty much can drive or fly anything you put me behind the wheel of. If I can figure it out I can make it go. Catch a Riide!"


Phil wrote:Phill chuckles a soft chuckle. "Nah man, I hunted Dino's with it. Don't know about no bugs really. Nice to meet ya Hawk, I'm Phil." Phil answers with a drawl.


"Glad to meet to meet you Phil. Are Dino's those big lizard things I've seen picutes of? Gettin' to see one of those things will be as sweet as a lady of the night when she finds out you just got paid."
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 12

William walks through the hangar door dragging two heavy cloth sack and sets them just inside the hangar door. He stands straight stretching his back slightly and looks around the hanger. This should do. He notices the other three men sitting and standing around a table but turns and leaves without saying a word. Moments later he returns carrying two more heavy cloth bags which he sets next to the first two bags. Straightening again and stretching, he takes a moment to clear his brow of sweat then once again leaves. Coming back a third time, this time with another cloth sack and three small sacks. Walking over to the ever growing pile he sets the all neatly and stretches one last time.

He looks over at the table and sighs slightly, not loud enough for the table to hear him. I wonder if any of them will be able to hold a conversation. Ford didn't exactly explain who I would be working with. William walks to the table examining the men on the way, Darrel, Darrel and Darrel it seems. Great! Arriving at the table he nods slightly, "Gentlemen. Would any of you know if Ford is here yet?" He has an obvious boyish look to his face and features but conducts himself very stiffly and direct.

He reaches out and offers his hand and a slight nod to each of the men, "William Rainwood." After introducing himself to each he asks, "Any idea where we will be storing our gear?"

William will look around the hangar trying to figure out if the hangar is Pre-rifts construction or new construction. His curiosity is evident as his focus is almost everywhere except for the table after introductions are compete.

skills
History: Pre-Rifts 86%/78% vs 1d100 = 3 - Identify if the hangar is of pre-rifts construction or new construction.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm

((rolls carried))

William James wrote:William walks through the hangar door dragging two heavy cloth sack and sets them just inside the hangar door. He stands straight stretching his back slightly and looks around the hanger. This should do. He notices the other three men sitting and standing around a table but turns and leaves without saying a word. Moments later he returns carrying two more heavy cloth bags which he sets next to the first two bags. Straightening again and stretching, he takes a moment to clear his brow of sweat then once again leaves. Coming back a third time, this time with another cloth sack and three small sacks. Walking over to the ever growing pile he sets the all neatly and stretches one last time.

He looks over at the table and sighs slightly, not loud enough for the table to hear him. I wonder if any of them will be able to hold a conversation. Ford didn't exactly explain who I would be working with. William walks to the table examining the men on the way, Darrel, Darrel and Darrel it seems. Great! Arriving at the table he nods slightly, "Gentlemen. Would any of you know if Ford is here yet?" He has an obvious boyish look to his face and features but conducts himself very stiffly and direct.

He reaches out and offers his hand and a slight nod to each of the men, "William Rainwood." After introducing himself to each he asks, "Any idea where we will be storing our gear?"

William will look around the hangar trying to figure out if the hangar is Pre-rifts construction or new construction. His curiosity is evident as his focus is almost everywhere except for the table after introductions are compete.

skills
History: Pre-Rifts 86%/78% vs Original post: 1d100 = 3 - Identify if the hangar is of pre-rifts construction or new construction.


Church watches the newcomer come and go, curious as to what the growing pile of bags is all about. He holds his tongue about it though. Once the man comes over an introduces himself Church shakes the offered hand and answers him, "Leonard Church, you can just call me Church though. Ford is running late, not sure why. There ought to be some storage lockers around here somewhere. I haven't looked around much myself yet though. I was waiting on Ford before I started getting settled in.".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 80

Arjay slips into the hangar as the men are chatting around the table. She unslings her backpack and sets it down by the table as she says, "I guess its safe to assume that Ford isn't here yet." she gives a little smile, Likely by design. Give us a chance to chit chat and get to know each other.

Extending her hand, Arjay gives a firm handshake to everyone that wants one and goes about introducing herself, "I'm Arjay Thompkins. From the looks of it, I'm the team doctor.....electrician, computer tech and purveyor random knowledge. Before we ship out, I'd like to get a physical from all of you." She turns to face Church directly, "Especially you. A baseline physical will help me keep everyone on track."

As the others are introduced or re-introduced to her, Arjay says, "Yeah, my name's a little weird. My parents decided to name after my dead grandfathers Robert and John, but they thought it'd be cute to spell it out. A.R.J.A.Y." She gives a little shrug like she's saying, 'What can you do?'
Last edited by Arjay on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 am

((rolls carried))

Arjay wrote:Arjay slips into the hangar as the man are chatting around the table. She unslings her backpack and sets it down by the table as she says, "I guess its safe to assume that Ford isn't here yet." she gives a little smile, Likely be design. Give us a chance to chit chat and get to know each other.

Extending her hand, Arjay gives a firm handshake to everyone that wants one and goes about introducing herself, "I'm Arjay Thompson. From the looks of it, I'm the team doctor.....electrician, computer tech and purveyor random knowledge. Before we ship out, I'd like to get a physical from all of you." She turns to face Church directly, "Especially you. A baseline physical will help me keep everyone on track."

As the others are introduced or re-introduced to her, Arjay says, "Yeah, my name's a little weird. My parents decided to name after my dead grandfathers.Robert and John, but the thought it'd be cute to spell it out. A.R.J.A.Y."She gives a little shrug like she's saying, 'What can you do?'


Church shakes the offered hand once again, "Leonard Church, but I go by Church. Good to meet you Arjay.". He pauses briefly as he is sitting back down when she mentions a physical, "I suppose that's ok. Although I haven't needed so much as a band aid or a tylenol since I got juiced. But if that's your job, have at it Doc. And yeah, Ford isn't here yet. I'm starting to get worried about that in fact.". Church looks around at the other four before say anymore, "Has anyone gotten word from Ford about being late?".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:52 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 82 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 12


Leonard Church wrote:Once the man comes over an introduces himself Church shakes the offered hand and answers him, "Leonard Church, you can just call me Church though. Ford is running late, not sure why. There ought to be some storage lockers around here somewhere. I haven't looked around much myself yet though. I was waiting on Ford before I started getting settled in.".


William replies, "Good to meet you. Thank you, I guess I will wait and talk to Ford about where to store the gear."

Arjay wrote:Extending her hand, Arjay gives a firm handshake to everyone that wants one and goes about introducing herself, "I'm Arjay Thompson. From the looks of it, I'm the team doctor.....electrician, computer tech and purveyor random knowledge. Before we ship out, I'd like to get a physical from all of you." She turns to face Church directly, "Especially you. A baseline physical will help me keep everyone on track."

As the others are introduced or re-introduced to her, Arjay says, "Yeah, my name's a little weird. My parents decided to name after my dead grandfathers. Robert and John, but the thought it'd be cute to spell it out. A.R.J.A.Y."She gives a little shrug like she's saying, 'What can you do?'


William takes Arjay's hand and says, "William, nice to meet you." He seems slightly off or nervous around her. "To be honest mam, I didn't know there was going to be women on the excursion. Isn't it..." He pauses slightly, "Well, isn't it going to be a little dangerous out there?" William starts to blush a little, Gosh, a pretty girl like that and the agency is gonna send her out into the wild? It is very evident to everyone around that William has not spent a whole lot of time around girls and is nervous. Then all of a sudden her full statement hit him like a ton of brick, "Physical, like an exam? What, well, how. I mean. I am sure that." Williams face turns bright red, "Will it be a full physical?"
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0845
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


A loud, repetitive, pinging sound emerges from the residential area. Should people head into the residential area, they find the noise emanating from the large video screen in the common room. Should someone turn the screen on, an image of a muscular, dark-skinned human male appears on screen.
Image
"I'm Ford. We've never met in person before, and today was supposed to be that day, but the Agency has me otherwise occupied for the moment, so I'll be late. Gather the others into the common room, so I can speak to all of you." Once everyone's gathered, he continues. "You'll find a map of North America on the computer which feeds to this screen. There's an accompanying overview of the intelligence the Agency has gathered so far, and the areas of particular interest to the Agency, as well as some general directives regarding each should you find yourselves there. The overview of your contract is also on a file on the computer. I would encourage you to copy these files to your own devices for reference in the field. Before I arrive, please put your heads together and plan out a route for your first expedition. Each of you will be paid up front and in full for the planned duration of each expedition with some noted stipulations, so you'll need to plan for your necessary provisions. I'll see you all before nightfall. Oh! Before I let you go, there's also a code on a file in the computer to unlock the secure storage vault in the hangar. There's equipment in there provided by the Agency to cover your needs. Ford, out." His face vanishes from the screen to be replaced by the map of North America.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 19

Hearing the tone from the other room, Church slides the knife back into it's sheath and checks out the source of the noise. Once he sees it is Ford he goes back for the others, "Hey people, meeting time. Ford's online for us, come on.". Once Ford has gone offline Church looks over the map and the list of jobs the agency has for for the group. Still thinking of what to work on first, Church marks a route to 'Military Artifacts' on the map then leans back and looks around at the others and asks, "Anyone have suggestions on where to start? I was thinking this solitary place labeled 'Military Artifacts' down South in Old Florida. I'm going to think on it while I check out this secure vault Ford mentioned.". With that, Church heads to the secure vault and uses the code to unlock it. Church looks over the armor and weapons for a bit and then starts carrying the stuff into the resident room where the map is still up on the screen. Once all of it is out where everyone can see it, "Well, here's what we have. Is there anything anyone needs or wants in particular?".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:31 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 58
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 19

Grapenuts wrote:"I suppose that's ok. Although I haven't needed so much as a band aid or a tylenol since I got juiced. But if that's your job, have at it Doc..."


Arjay nods, "You'll likely be fit as a fiddle but if your systems take some damage, I want to know what your baseline is and what all your settings should be at. Because if I can't fix it, you're looking at an in the field detox, which I'm sure neither of us want to do." She raises an eyebrow at him, Juiced doesn't mean invincible my friend.

Little Willy wrote:...all of a sudden her full statement hit him like a ton of brick, "Physical, like an exam? What, well, how. I mean. I am sure that." Williams face turns bright red, "Will it be a full physical?"


Arjay turns her head and coughs, then looks back to William and says with a flat expression, "Yes, it will be a full physical. If you like, I can wear full armor but I guaranty my hands will be cold." She holds her flat expression up until the point Church runs out of the room, then she lets out a little laugh, "You can't run from the inevitable." She holds her smile and follows up with, "If any of you feel I'll try to take advantage of you, you can have a friend in the room with you."

When Church retrieves the team for the vid call with Ford, Arjay will make her way into the room and take a seat. What she hears is the same thing the recruiter told her, so she stays quiet and nods along until the screen switches over the to map. She traces a route out on the map (yellow on Roll20) that goes through quite a few places out west. Then watches as Church brings the weapons and armor into the room. Grinning at the armor, she says, "I hope they washed what was left of the last team out of that armor." She pauses for a second, "Just kidding. If there was a last team, its unlikely they made it back from wherever. As for my weapons and armor choice, I'll take whatever. Though I'm only familiar with energy pistols and energy rifles, and I'd prefer the NG stuff."
Last edited by Arjay on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 88
Conditions: None.

Leonard Church wrote:"If this is your standard for fancy, I would hate to see where you slept last.", he holds out his hand, "Leonard Church, just call me Church though. Good to meet you. Wish I knew how long we'll be waiting but..."


"Oh last night I slept in a hollow a few miles south of Merctown, and nice to meet you Church." Phil answers without an ounce of sarcasm.

Murphy Hawkings wrote:"Glad to meet to meet you Phil. Are Dino's those big lizard things I've seen picutes of? Gettin' to see one of those things will be as sweet as a lady of the night when she finds out you just got paid."


Phil nods. "Nice to meet you as well. Some are big, some are small, some are even man-sized, they're pretty varied all things considered." Phil replies.

William James wrote:"Gentlemen. Would any of you know if Ford is here yet?" He has an obvious boyish look to his face and features but conducts himself very stiffly and direct.

He reaches out and offers his hand and a slight nod to each of the men, "William Rainwood." After introducing himself to each he asks, "Any idea where we will be storing our gear?"


Phil shakes his head. "Not a clue on either question man. Though it's nice to meet you William." Phil says from his comfy spot by his bags.

Arjay wrote:"I'm Arjay Thompkins. From the looks of it, I'm the team doctor.....electrician, computer tech and purveyor random knowledge. Before we ship out, I'd like to get a physical from all of you."


Phil looks confused. "What's a physical?"

Arjay wrote:"Yeah, my name's a little weird. My parents decided to name after my dead grandfathers Robert and John, but they thought it'd be cute to spell it out. A.R.J.A.Y." She gives a little shrug like she's saying, 'What can you do?'


Phil chuckles. "Aw that ain't too weird of a name, I once knew a dude named Bobby Sue, he sure could throw a punch." Phil says with a continued chuckle.



Once someone yells for Phil to join the others in the other room, he gets off the floor with a mild grunt and see's what is up. Once the video ends Phil shakes his head and speaks up. "Ah, could someone read it to me, I'm not so good with letters or numbers to be honest." Phil says, a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

When Church brings out the equipment, Phil eyes it and makes a few mental notes. I could use some armor, a side arm and one of those knives Phil thinks. "I could use some armor, maybe one of those pistols, and that Vbro-knife over there." Phil says while pointing out a suit of scout armor, the WI-LP24 Laser Pistol, and one of the Vibro knives. "I'm gonna have to do a little shopping before we go anywhere, need a few things that I couldn't leave my brothers without back home."

Note:
If someone tells Phil what's written on the map at the very least, he'll make his assessment as to where they should go.

"Since we're new and all to each other, might be a good idea to do the new setelement as it's close, to see how we mesh together. After that, maybe ancient military base up near those big lakes."
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

((rolls carried))

Arjay wrote:Arjay nods, "You'll likely be fit as a fiddle but if your systems take some damage, I want to know what your baseline is and what all your settings should be at. Because if I can't fix it, you're looking at an in the field detox, which I'm sure neither of us want to do." She raises an eyebrow at him, Juiced doesn't mean invincible my friend.


Church raises his hands palms up, "Hey, I never said I wouldn't let you. You're the Doc and I'll trust your knowledge in that area.".

Phil wrote:Phil looks confused. "What's a physical?"

Once someone yells for Phil to join the others in the other room, he gets off the floor with a mild grunt and see's what is up. Once the video ends Phil shakes his head and speaks up. "Ah, could someone read it to me, I'm not so good with letters or numbers to be honest." Phil says, a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

When Church brings out the equipment, Phil eyes it and makes a few mental notes. I could use some armor, a side arm and one of those knives Phil thinks. "I could use some armor, maybe one of those pistols, and that Vbro-knife over there." Phil says while pointing out a suit of scout armor, the WI-LP24 Laser Pistol, and one of the Vibro knives. "I'm gonna have to do a little shopping before we go anywhere, need a few things that I couldn't leave my brothers without back home."

"Since we're new and all to each other, might be a good idea to do the new setelement as it's close, to see how we mesh together. After that, maybe ancient military base up near those big lakes."


Church responds to Phil's question, "A physical is when she, the Doc there, checks out and makes note of your physical fitness. Your heart rate, your breathing, and the like. That way, if...I mean when you get hurt, she knows what sort of shape you are normally in and can patch you up faster.". When Phil asks about the map, Church again speaks up, "Well Phil, we have a pretty wide variety of objectives to pick from. A handful are close-ish. Many of them are a ways out there.", he then names off the different objectives listed and reads off the details about them, indicating each one on the map as he does so. As Phil begins picking through the gear and naming off items, Church looks around at the others, "Unless anyone else objects, you can have those. As for me, I don't need armor. But I could make use of the C-12, the Wilk's 325, and the Vibro Sword. Again, unless anyone objects?".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:44 am

[rolls held]

Computer Operation 72%=1d100 = 31 (set up speak and spell option)

Phil wrote:"Since we're new and all to each other, might be a good idea to do the new setelement as it's close, to see how we mesh together. After that, maybe ancient military base up near those big lakes."


Arjay nods, "I agree but since we don't get paid for the trip back to Merctown, lets flip that around and do the Ancient Base first and the New Settlement after, so we have the short leg last." She looks around trying to gauge what the other think then, after Church reads off the list to Phil, she snaps to the fact that Phil can't read and steps toward the computer and starts to make some menu choices, "Here, I think this can be set to where you can just touch a point and it will read off all the contiguous information."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:11 pm

((Rolls held over))

Murphy was went to the Wolftrack and was playing around with the controls so he didn't see any of the other crew enter after he got there. When it is mentioned that a video call is up with Ford he hopes out and meets up with everyone else. After the short meeting he jumps at the chance to show where he would like to take the group. "Woowee! We sure got a lot of places we can go. I say we make this one hell of a trip and take this route. (dark blue) Oh hey, I haven't intoduced myself to you to new people. Names Murphy and I'll be the one drivin'. Suzy has plenty of seats for everyone and a big enough place to store all of our stuff and them some. The only thing I asks of you is don't be telling how to drive and I won't tell you how to do your job. What is that you do anyway?"

After Church brings in the gear Murphy will look over the stuff. "Well seeing as I ain't much of a fighter as some of you, I can just take the SE5 and that 447. The best I can do is cover your butts while you get back to me and Suzy so we can get the hell out trouble. My jumpsuit isn't worth much in a fire fight so if we have a spare suit of armor we can keep just in case we all have to get out and do some exploring it would help keep me alive."
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 15

When church calls the group into the common room William follows them, staying in the back. Nobody said anything about a lady doc, he thinks to himself as they walk. When Ford's transmission ends and the group starts to discuss routes for the teams first mission William listens closely, Let's see who makes the most sense in the group. As they discuss the options he is very impressed by Phil an ArJay, Surprisingly logical. William finally speaks up as Arjay suggests the reversal of the route, "Phil and Arjay have the best option here for sure, and I agree with Arjay. We should finish with the short leg. Limited travel and limited objectives till we can figure out what everyone is made of."

When Church bring the equipment in William speaks up rather directly, "The scout armor for me as well please. I'll take a vibro-knife, the Wilk's 237 and that nice NG-LP25 as well. Anybody see any issues?" William looks around the room giving he group time to digest what he selected. "We need to look over what other group gear there is here, if there isn't we should work to identify what we will need for these two particular missions and the terrain we will be covering." William will have a seat on the couch while the group discusses things further trying to think about what he knows of the proposed route and the worst possible threats they may encounter.


Skills
Lore: D-Bee 64% vs 1d100 = 31 - Identify/Remember the most probable threat they might face on the proposed path.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 69% vs 1d100 = 45 - Identify/Remember the most probable threat they might face on the proposed path.
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 64% vs 1d100 = 79 - Identify/Remember the most probable threat they might face on the proposed path.
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 64% vs 1d100 = 54 - Identify/Remember the most probable threat they might face on the proposed path.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 65

Murphy Hawkings wrote:Murphy was went to the Wolftrack and was playing around with the controls so he didn't see any of the other crew enter after he got there. When it is mentioned that a video call is up with Ford he hopes out and meets up with everyone else. After the short meeting he jumps at the chance to show where he would like to take the group. "Woowee! We sure got a lot of places we can go. I say we make this one hell of a trip and take this route. (dark blue) Oh hey, I haven't intoduced myself to you to new people. Names Murphy and I'll be the one drivin'. Suzy has plenty of seats for everyone and a big enough place to store all of our stuff and them some. The only thing I asks of you is don't be telling how to drive and I won't tell you how to do your job. What is that you do anyway?"

After Church brings in the gear Murphy will look over the stuff. "Well seeing as I ain't much of a fighter as some of you, I can just take the SE5 and that 447. The best I can do is cover your butts while you get back to me and Suzy so we can get the hell out trouble. My jumpsuit isn't worth much in a fire fight so if we have a spare suit of armor we can keep just in case we all have to get out and do some exploring it would help keep me alive."


"If basic protection is all you need, I would suggest the Bullet Armor. Unless you think you'll need something heavier?", Church advice's Hawk. As they continue to poor over the map and the job sites, Church listens in on everyone's suggestions. Looking over at Phil he says, "I think Phil has a good idea here. Head North to this site here, then come back South-South West towards Kingsdale to this other site. And then back here to base.", Church traces the route with his finder as he speaks.

William James wrote:When Church calls the group into the common room William follows them, staying in the back. Nobody said anything about a lady doc, he thinks to himself as they walk. When Ford's transmission ends and the group starts to discuss routes for the teams first mission William listens closely, Let's see who makes the most sense in the group. As they discuss the options he is very impressed by Phil an ArJay, Surprisingly logical. William finally speaks up as Arjay suggests the reversal of the route, "Phil and Arjay have the best option here for sure, and I agree with Arjay. We should finish with the short leg. Limited travel and limited objectives till we can figure out what everyone is made of."

When Church bring the equipment in William speaks up rather directly, "The scout armor for me as well please. I'll take a vibro-knife, the Wilk's 237 and that nice NG-LP25 as well. Anybody see any issues?" William looks around the room giving he group time to digest what he selected. "We need to look over what other group gear there is here, if there isn't we should work to identify what we will need for these two particular missions and the terrain we will be covering." William will have a seat on the couch while the group discusses things further trying to think about what he knows of the proposed route and the worst possible threats they may encounter.


Church nods his approval at William's choice of equipment, "If that's what you need, go ahead. How is everyone on ammunition? I have half a dozen Long E-clips, another four standard E-clips, and half a dozen clips for my new sniper-hunting rifle. How about the rest of you?".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:41 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 59
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 15


William looks up from his seat when Church asks about ammunition, "I don't really have any to speak of." He turns to the map and examines it closer, "So, If we all agree, Ancient base first and then new settlement we need to discuss supplies. From what I see on the map it is roughly 20hrs of driving to the first stop and 26 hrs from Ancient base to the New settlement. That leaves 10 hrs home from there." William's forehead furrows and his mouth scrunches as he thinks a bit about the trip, "Mr. Murphy, as our driver, how long can you drive before you take a rest? 10 hrs? 12?" He then address the group, "So, are we talking about 5 days or driving? Is that the plan?" Looking back at the map he sighs and starts to think out loud to no one in particular, "Not a big fan of a direct route through the magic zone, but anything different will greatly increase our trip's length. We can always put in at Chi-town for a night to resupply after we finish up at Ancient Base."

Turning back to the group, "10 days or supplies just in case? Less? More?" Thinking to himself he starts to calculate the water for such alone, 6 gallons per person, per day. That's 360 gallons of water. That's near 3000 lbs. "That's a lot of water folks. Do we cut that down and plan on re-supply during the trip?" Then Williams mind turns to the pay side, How much will we take away, 9 days, What is that? $6,750 credits? Then as Williams mind turns on the financing, "Hey, is our pay supposed to fund the trip as well?
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:58 am

((rolls carried))

William James wrote:William looks up from his seat when Church asks about ammunition, "I don't really have any to speak of." He turns to the map and examines it closer, "So, If we all agree, Ancient base first and then new settlement we need to discuss supplies. From what I see on the map it is roughly 20hrs of driving to the first stop and 26 hrs from Ancient base to the New settlement. That leaves 10 hrs home from there." William's forehead furrows and his mouth scrunches as he thinks a bit about the trip, "Mr. Murphy, as our driver, how long can you drive before you take a rest? 10 hrs? 12?" He then address the group, "So, are we talking about 5 days or driving? Is that the plan?" Looking back at the map he sighs and starts to think out loud to no one in particular, "Not a big fan of a direct route through the magic zone, but anything different will greatly increase our trip's length. We can always put in at Chi-town for a night to resupply after we finish up at Ancient Base."

Turning back to the group, "10 days or supplies just in case? Less? More?" Thinking to himself he starts to calculate the water for such alone, 6 gallons per person, per day. That's 360 gallons of water. That's near 3000 lbs. "That's a lot of water folks. Do we cut that down and plan on re-supply during the trip?" Then Williams mind turns to the pay side, How much will we take away, 9 days, What is that? $6,750 credits? Then as Williams mind turns on the financing, "Hey, is our pay supposed to fund the trip as well?


"No spare ammo?", Church is genuinely surprised at this, "When Ford arrives I'll see if I can talk him into fronting us some spare E-clips. In the meantime, what about the rest of you? How many clips do you have and what type?". When William brings up stopping in Chi-Town, Church cuts him off abruptly, "Negative.", he clears his throat before going on, "Sorry, let me rephrase. We will stop in Chi-Town, or any other major CS city, if and only if, it is an emergency. Is that clear?", Church makes eye contact with everyone in the room before going on, "This groups official policy regarding the CS is going to be hands off. We avoid their patrols, their outposts, and especially their cities. Those are orders from above, not my idea, mind you.". Church quiets down again and once William brings up supplies for the trip he speaks again, "Hmmm, maybe we should look into getting a large capacity water filtration unit? As for food, I figured on living off the land as we go. Hunting, fishing, and so forth. If we can manage it with what funds we have, I think we should get at least a months worth of first aid supplies and ten days of MREs for each of us. I wonder if we can afford a water buffalo trailer? That's four hundred gallons of potable water right there if we can swing it. GAW might have them. Again, I'll see what I can get out of Ford on that one.". Church stops and looks around at the others once more, "Any other suggestions?".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 73/1d20 = 1

William James wrote: "Mr. Murphy, as our driver, how long can you drive before you take a rest? 10 hrs? 12?"


"Well you know boy that is a good question. I'm a goin' have to say 'bout 10 to 12 hrs max. It all depends where we at so I'm going to explain it nice and slow like. The more I have to concentrate on the road or looking out for danger the less time I can drive." Murphy squats down and holds out his hands as he explains the difficulties of driving believing that this might be a concept most people will not understand.

Leonard Church wrote:In the meantime, what about the rest of you? How many clips do you have and what type?"


Being drawn away from explaining the finer points of driving, Murphy is a bit shocked by Church's question. "I don't have any either. I wasn't told to bring any weapons so I brought none with me. Oh, and I'm with you on the CS stuff. Those ass hat sumbitches are the last thing I want to deal with. Hell, I'd rather have to deal with a fury beetle try'n to mount o'Suzy before them."

Murphy will wait around for everyone to make up their minds on where we will be heading off to before intoducing them to the Wolftrack or now lovingly know as Suzy.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0900
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


As everyone plans out their necessary gear, provisions, and the route for the journey, a text-only message pops up on the video screen along with a notification bell that draws everyone's attention.

    The woman who's going to make sure you don't end up stranded in the wilderness due to equipment failure is running late, but should be there shortly. Her name's Rachel Stevens.
    ~Ford

William considers the planned route and what the possible threats and dangers might be that they'll face along the proposed route. Given that most of their route takes them through the Magic Zone and Federation of Magic territory in order to avoid CS patrols and the complications those bring, he feels that rogue mages or, heaven forbid, mystic knights, are the dangers with the greatest probabilistic likelihood of being encountered. Though given the political complexity of the region's various powers, the alleged existence of the legendary Psyscape, and the reputed necromantic terrors of the Soulharvest forest, anything is possible. Hell, the Coalition still reportedly sends kill squads and recon units like their own into that region from time to time, so running into a Coalition unit isn't even out of the question.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Leonard Church » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 61

Church spends several moments reading the text, longer then what one would normally expect that is. "Well, at least we finally have a mechanic on the team. I was starting to get worried.", he mutters out loud. Since no one has anything further to say on gear, Church goes ahead and gathers up the C-12, Vibro-Sword, and the Wilk's 325 then lays them out on the opposite end of the table. Pulling up a chair, he begins field stripper the C-12 first to make sure it is functional and clean. Once that is done, he moves on and does the same with the Wilk's pistol and finally looks over the Vibro-Sword. Afterward he glances around and remarks, "Wish we had a range around here. It'd be nice to check the sites before we get out there in the dirt.", he stops and thinks for a moment, "I think we'll make a short stop just outside of MercTown and do a weapons check. Pick a rock and site them all in.".
User avatar
Leonard Church
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 96
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 5

Arjay nods as she looks over the assorted gear again, "On second thought, I'd like to go ahead and claim the Bushman armor as well as the MG-35 and NG-P7. I'll go ahead and carry the Neural Dusters as well. I'm not a hand to hand expert but, worst case, I can use them as a sedative." She gives the team a grin at the thought of shocking one of them. "And as far as the weapons I currently have, that's easy. I don't have anything."

When the conversation turns to travel, food and supplies, Arjay's eyes flick back to the map, "Well, worst case, if the Ancient Base goes bad or we find out we don't work well together, we can just come back here. Cut the trip shirt and sort things out." She turns to Hawk and gives the man a nod, "I've been on some caravans and have done some driving. I'm likely no where near as proficient as you Hawk but I can take Suzy for an hour or two and give you a chance to nap." I wonder if the others have caught on to the fact that Hawk likes to call his rig Suzy. She offers the man another smile before turning to Church. "All those options for provisioning in the field sound great. If we were taking one of the long routes. But stopping for what, six hours, to forage and hunt is gonna turn this two day trip into three or four. Unless someone wants to scrounge at night, but I vote against stomping around unfamiliar wilderness in the dark."

Arjay's eyes roll up slightly as she does some math in her head, "The way I figure it is we have about six days of travel at best. Tack on another two or three for unknown obstacles and another two days at each destination. That puts us at roughly fourteen days. That's 252 meals total and water we can hold at about two gallons a day if we keep the bathing to a minimum, so say 168 gallons total. Cost wise, that's not too bad and we should have the cargo space for it in the truck." She waggles her hand back and forth, "Best estimate"
Last edited by Arjay on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 and 1d100 = 27

William listens while Arjay nods in approval of her calculations, "You are ok with limiting your bathing?", he asks coyly. She doesn't seem to be like the other girls I know. And she drives? William is intrigued by Arjay's self reliance, This could be an interesting trip. Without waiting for Arjay to answer he turns to the group and says, "if we take three fifty five gallon drums that would take about 12 square foot of space. That isn't so bad. When we stop we can look around for additional water sources and conserve our stores if needed."

After coming up with his best guesses on the proposed route William provides some thoughts on the threats to the group, "Since we are headed through the magic zone and the federation of magic we are most likely to encounter rouge mages, or maybe even a mystic knight. We should be as prepared as possible. We should also be prepared to handle any threats if we cross into the Soulharvest forest." How do we prepare for that?, he thinks to himself. Do we just, run? As he considers all the possibilities he come to the conclusion that the coalition may be the best thing they could encounter, No D-bees in the group, might come away clean if we watch our P's and Q's.

Looking back at the group he offer's an alternate idea to supplies, "We can always stop in Chi-town for a resupply should the first stop take it's toll on our rations." After walking around and seeing that the weapons were the only team gear he could find William offers a suggestion of a couple of items the group may want to request from the agency. "I'll cover one of the 55 gallon drums to start"(Items listed in the Supply chain request thread)
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 70
Conditions: None.

Phil for the most part stays out everyone's way. He finds the whole of what is going on around him strange and confusing. I don't get why they're fussing about food and water that much. Phil thinks as he sits at the table with his gear. After a while, Phil gets up and approaches the others.

"Why are you all worrying about water and food so much, we can just scrounge on the way, and keep ourselves covered for the most part. Hell I walked up here from the Dinosaur Swamp and carried less gear than you're looking to bring for a what two week trip, through what most people say is a lush forested paradise." Phil shakes his head.

"I mean sure bring some stuff, because sometimes hunting doesn't pan out. But hell, you're looking to bring enough food to feed a hundred people." Phil again shakes his head, and heads back over to the table.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:47 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 46 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 9 and Original post: 1d100 = 27


William cocks his head slightly as Phil talks, Walked from the dino swamp, man I need to stay close to this guy. William scratches his head wondering, Am I over thinking this? This is my first trip out. He looks around the room recognizing that for the most part the team looks weathered and experienced, except for him. Can't let them think I'm not prepared. They may not accept me.

When Phil walks back over to the table William speaks up, "Of course Phil, I think we all plan on foraging. My intent is to prepare a base availability of supplies. Emergency supplies if you will. Preparing for that hard winter in the summer isn't such a bad thing is it?" William smiles and nods confidently. He sheepishly glances over at Arjay to see if she was paying attention, mostly moving his eyes to avoid notice. "I ordered a moisture condenser, If we can integrate that into the truck we may not even need to look for water. It should be able to resupply 15 gallons every 24 hrs. That would give us more time to forage and hunt for a more enjoyable meal than those MREs."

William walks confidently to the table, shoulders back, head up and takes a seat next to Phil, "Have you been through the magic zone? Any suggestions on what we should be taking?"
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 85/1d20 = 12

"Well would you look at that. There is going to be a lady taking care of my girl." Murphy lets out a laugh as he reads the message from Ford. He turns to the group with a smile on his face. "So you don't want to take my route that is fine with me. You just point out where you want to go and I'll get us there.
Now I ain't goin' to lie, I don't have the smarts to be doing this ration stuff so I'll let the big brain types figure that out."





Arjay wrote: "I've been on some caravans and have done some driving. I'm likely no where near as proficient as you Hawk but I can take Suzy for an hour or two and give you a chance to nap."


He turns to the young female doctor with a genuine smile. "That should work for the small trips, but I'm going to need more then naps when we really hit the road. I'll give you some pointers on this trip so if need be you can drive Suzy as if you had known her your whole life."

If no one else has anything for him, Murphy will collect the gear he asked for and place it to the side. When everyone is ready he will take all of them out to the wolftrack and show it around to them while listing off the things it can do and more importantly what it won't be able to do.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:17 pm

[rolls held]

Arjay looks over to William, "Bathing can be put off for a limited time or cut back to every couple of days with limited medical downsides. Water conservation is the key here. As I'd rather do the job we're getting paid for, than spending buckets of time scrounging for food and water. And that 252 was just the number of meals for 14 days for 6 people. I'd prefer we stock up on fresh food stuffs for the front end of the trip and then transition into canned and freeze dried and whatnot. With hunting and foraging on longer runs." She gives a little sigh, "We have about a two day drive on this first stop. We can hunt once we get closer to the stopping point." Note to self; stock a case of meal bars in your personal gear.

She stops and listens to what the others have to say, then interjects again, "You points are all valid. Its really just depends on how much time we want to allocate to finding food. Though, I will concede that that are going to be stopping point where those that know how, can go out hunting."

Hawk wrote:"That should work for the small trips, but I'm going to need more then naps when we really hit the road. I'll give you some pointers on this trip so if need be you can drive Suzy as if you had known her your whole life."


She turns to Hawk, somewhat glad in the change in topic of conversation away from the food stores and over to the truck, "I agree. Short stretches I can sub in for an hour of two here and there, But on the long trips, where we needs to put some miles down, I'll likely need to pull a full shift." Something tells me the conversations we will have are going to be very interesting.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:28 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 46 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 9 and Original post: 1d100 = 27


Arjay wrote:"Bathing can be put off for a limited time or cut back to every couple of days with limited medical downsides. Water conservation is the key here. As I'd rather do the job we're getting paid for, than spending buckets of time scrounging for food and water. And that 252 was just the number of meals for 14 days for 6 people. I'd prefer we stock up on fresh food stuffs for the front end of the trip and then transition into canned and freeze dried and whatnot. With hunting and foraging on longer runs." She gives a little sigh, "We have about a two day drive on this first stop. We can hunt once we get closer to the stopping point." Note to self; stock a case of meal bars in your personal gear.

She stops and listens to what the others have to say, then interjects again, "You points are all valid. Its really just depends on how much time we want to allocate to finding food. Though, I will concede that that are going to be stopping point where those that know how, can go out hunting."

She turns to Hawk, somewhat glad in the change in topic of conversation away from the food stores and over to the truck, "I agree. Short stretches I can sub in for an hour of two here and there, But on the long trips, where we needs to put some miles down, I'll likely need to pull a full shift." Something tells me the conversations we will have are going to be very interesting.


William listens to ArJay, "Ma'am, we will need to stop, for sleep and such. One hour naps won't leave us much prepared for any tasks that might come up. Is there a specific reason you suggest rushing our trips? There is plenty of opportunity to find and learn things along the way as well." William spends a second day dreaming about what he might be able to find in the wilderness of the magic zone then speaks up. "Imagine the wonders hidden or lost." His eyes go wide, "I for one would love the time to explore along the way. What better way to explore than hunting?" William smiles, "Sometimes things I find are worth money, anything wrong with a little side cash?"
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0915
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


While waiting for the arrival of their mechanic, those present collect their gear, discuss their planned route for the expedition, and further discuss the logistical concerns associated with it. William highlights the potential acquisitive opportunities from exploration during their foray, and finally the group finds themselves stowing their gear in the Wolftrack while Murphy points out some important details about Suzy's capabilities:

    On the outside there's an extendable ramp from the ground floor up to an airlock on either side of the vehicle, access to which is granted via an automatic locking system. The small panel to the right of each hatch is comprised of a microphone and speaker for the voice-controlled locks, and there's a small keypad for manual override of such. There's a pair of hatches to the roof, the forward one of which leads to a small turret for a light rail gun; the aft hatch just leads to the roof of the vehicle. There's a winch and small crane on the rear of the vehicle which adds a lot of operational versatility. There's an external audio pick-up port and loudspeaker on the forward end of the vehicle, four big headlights for night travel, two more lights atop the vehicle (one beside each hatch), and a big rear-mounted spotlight. There's a mini-missile launcher mounted on the rear, and a light machine gun mounted on the left side behind the crew compartment. And there's a pair of rails mounted along the rear beneath the mini-missile launcher for towing or for strapping down additional cargo.

    Inside the vehicle, the cargo bay is separated from the pilot and crew compartments by an airlock to keep the pilot and crew compartments pressurized and airtight. The cargo compartment is a big, open bay with a gunner's station at the rear for the mini-missile launcher, and another one on the left side for the light machine gun. Moving forward of the cargo compartment brings one to the airlock into the pilot and crew compartments.

    Inside the crew compartment is small field laboratory, sleeping quarters, a compact kitchen, a tight meeting area, and a lavatory with two toilets, two urinals, two sinks, and a small shower. The sleeping quarters have bunk beds for as many as a dozen individuals. Forward of the crew compartment is the pilot's compartment.

    The pilot's compartment is fairly big with two seats for a pilot and co-pilot, and eight jumpseats behind those. To the left and right of the pilot and co-pilot's seats are the instrumentation controlling the solid oxide power plant and the explosive self-destruction feature embedded in it. There's a small panel to control the internal environmental controls, including the air filtration system and independent twelve hour oxygen supply. Another panel controls the headlights and the large, rear, adjustable searchlight. Beside that is a small panel for controlling the external audio mic and loudspeaker. The windows are tinted with polarized material, and the crew and pilot's compartments are radiation shielded and heavily insulated to protect those inside from extreme temperatures. Beside the co-pilot's seat is the panel controlling the long-range, directional radio (HF) as well as a directional, short-range radio (UHF). Next to the radio is an inset black box with a small grey control panel for the targeting computer and laser targeting system. Above these two panels is the radar repeater screen and controls for the ground effect radar. In front of the co-pilot's seat is a shielded button for firing the forward-mounted laser. To the side of the pilot's seat is the combat computer which projects information onto the screen in front of the driver. Lastly, blast bolts ringing the the entire pilot's compartment makes it apparent that the whole space can be jettisoned away from the vehicle in extreme emergencies.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 94
Conditions: None.


Phil chuckles at all the civilized talk about how the group should go about their trip. Boy are these some greenhorns. Phil thinks. "I think y'all missing the point I was trying to say. Mother nature is both beautiful and terrifying. No matter how prepared you think you are, you ain't. She will pull the rug right out from underneath you. You can really only put faith in what you personally bring to the trek. Vehicles break down and stored supplies are more vulnerable than safe." Phil says, in a waxing poetic kinda way. "Also you're all rushing yourselves. Yeah as the crow flies, it might be two days... so now you plan that it's gonna be four days. Will is right on one thing if we try and push our way there as quick as possible, we're gonna miss a lot of stuff." Phil says before pausing to take a drink from his canteen.

"So the way I see it we're heading north like six hundred miles at most. We'll be passing through the magic zone for sure. What's down there is the first question I would ask. Plenty of food and water to be sure, likely more than a few ruins also so we make our way slower than you're planning, maybe going eight hours at a pop, which would give us plenty of time to explore and hunt and scavenge. Given the terrain, we're not going fast. That vehicle may be tough, but those trees are likely tougher. So by my best guess we're actually looking at more like six or seven days just to get there, and how ever long it takes us to explore that place, before basically making the trip back, which will likely be a bit faster because we now know the terrain. Y'all get what I'm saying?" Phil finishes.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 and 1d100 = 20

When Phil mentions "Ruins", William's eyes light with eager anticipation and excitement. "Yes! Ruins! And plenty of artifacts. We should not waste the opportunity to find new artifacts." Smiling and lost in thought, Valuable artifacts, interesting artifacts, educational artifacts. Shaking off the thoughts of diving into a bin filled with pre-rifts artifacts and swimming through it William finishes, "We should definitely take our time and see what we can find. It could be of great benefit. Financially and maybe intellectually." William pauses for a moment and considers what opposition the rest of the team may have, "Besides, it doesn't seem to interfere with the Agency's requests."

Trying to find other ways to sell the extra time to search the wilderness, William remembers, "Didn't Ford say they will pay up front based on how many days we think it will take? Better to be conservative on those expectations no? Don't want to say it will take three days and not get back for five. William walks and take a seat at the table,We need to find some artifacts, get some extra bonus money. William gets a solemn feeling as he remembers something he was recently told before leaving, Men have bills to pay, and only a short time to make the money. Not paying bills has consequences. The light bill don't get paid, the lights go out. William sighs deeply at the thought as worry washes over his face, I have to do my part. We will find stuff out there. I know it.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 5/1d20 = 18

Murphy listens to the conversations and jumps at the chance to speak when it turns to driving. "Maaan are you right about that Phil. If we are going to be all bushwhacking and stuff 8 to 9 hours is all about I can do. Speaking about the Magic Zone. Will we be gettin' close to any of those rifting things? You know, where those big blue lines meet up. If we are that is going to take a few days to get around. The only way you are going to get me near one of things is if you hog-tie me and drag me behind a buffalo. You see, this one time I was out making a supply drop for a bunch of mercs camped out by one of those things. They were out there looking for somethin' I think. Anyways, I get there close to dark and the guys are cool and offer me some grub and I'm like hell yeah! So we get to a talking when their buddy on perimeter. That's guard duty if you don't know, any how he starts yelling something on the radio and you can hear gunfire going off. Then it gets real quit like for a sec and BAM! A big-o ball of green slime burst through the trees. The most messed up thing is when it gets closer to us you can see that poor bastard inside it being dissolved. I'm like hell naw! I'm out and run to Suzy. I offer to let them catch-a- riide to sweet safety, but them tough sum-bitches stick it out because we couldn't take anything with us. So when are heading out?" While telling the story Murphy is very animated waving his arms and spinning around to look at everyone. When he is finshed and asks the last question he will stand there with his arms crossed in front of his chest.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 9

William wrote:"Ma'am, we will need to stop, for sleep and such. One hour naps won't leave us much prepared for any tasks that might come up. Is there a specific reason you suggest rushing our trips..."


Arjay grins at being called ma'am, "I wasn't really talking about long trips where we'll need to rotate out drivers for longer shifts. I was talking about the short trips where we've only moving at about 8 hours a day. If Hawk needs break or has to take a leak, I can sub in for an hour or so. That way we keep up our estimated drive time going."

She nods along as the others start talking about drive times and scavenging food along the way, "I'm okay either way. I'd just prefer to get the short trips over with and not spend more time than necessary scavenging."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:09 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 5 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13 and Original post: 1d100 = 20



Arjay wrote:She nods along as the others start talking about drive times and scavenging food along the way, "I'm okay either way. I'd just prefer to get the short trips over with and not spend more time than necessary scavenging."


William sighs realizing he has so much to learn about women, I thought slow was always better for them. I guess. I guess, I still need to learn. Wondering if all choices a relative he asks, "So sometimes you just like to get it over with, but other times you expect it to take longer? Is it just about distance? Should we go faster when the distance is longer and slower when the distance is shorter? Is it better to select longer trips or are shorter trips ok too? I mean... Is it just preference?" He stops talking and looks around at the team wide eyed.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 pm

[Rolls Held]

William wrote:"So sometimes you just like to get it over with, but other times you expect it to take longer?..."


Arjay grins and says, "That's exactly right Billy Boy and its your job to figure out which one a woman wants."

She pauses for a moment in obvious thought then then starts back up on the topic of travel, "On second though, lets take our time and look around a bit. We could find more stuff that'll bring in a bigger bonus than what the short trip would save. I still think we should over pack for rations, even it we just hold them in reserve. Hawk and I can still handle the driving. Switch off every two hours so we keep pretty fresh. And I promise, if I come to a tricky spot, I'll put Hawk back behind the wheel."

"What I need to know is who plans to get hurt while were out? Because, much like everything else, I can't prepare for every contingency." She gives a little grin. Cover the basics; burns, bullets, stabs and broken bones. Get them stabilized for transport if I can't fix it in the field. And an IRMSS kit or three couldn't hurt.

Arjay furrows her brows then says, "You know what, this payment plan stinks. Like you guys were just saying, there's no telling what between here and X location. Even if there were a scouting report, trails washout, monsters roam about, and who knows what other drek could change. Seem to me they powers that be should just tag a location with a price based on their estimate of travel time and danger. If we think the place is not worth the time or danger and they really want us to go there, well they can just up the price until it overrides our sense of self preservation." She gives a firm nod and waits to see what the others think of her idea.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 42

Rachel takes a deep breath as she walks up to the hanger at the Merctown airport, trying to settle her nerves. Running late, Rach. Great first impression! Thinking about what her dad had told her, Rachel reminds herself, Be yourself. Be careful out there and have fun! Checking her overalls and t-shirt for any obvious grease stains, Rachel makes sure she is looking presentable for her first meeting with her new boss and team.

Walking into the hanger, Rachel walks up to the group and says with a friendly smile, ”Hi! I'm looking for Mr. Ford. I'm Rachel Stevens. I'm here to make sure we don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere. It's nice to meet everyone!”
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 5 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13 and Original post: 1d100 = 20


Arjay wrote:Arjay grins and says, "That's exactly right Billy Boy and its your job to figure out which one a woman wants."


William blushes at the response, "Well. I didn't mean. Not that. It's just." He shakes his head and finishes, "It's just not logical" Then with a firm quick retort, "It's William, not Billy. And I am not a boy." He turns to walk away when he sees a woman walk into the hanger, Great, what now?

Rachel Stevens wrote:Walking into the hanger, Rachel walks up to the group and says with a friendly smile, ”Hi! I'm looking for Mr. Ford. I'm Rachel Stevens. I'm here to make sure we don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere. It's nice to meet everyone!”


"It seems we are all waiting for Mr. Ford." William offers his hand and welcomes Rachel. "The name is William," he says while turning his head to look at Arjay while saying it. Turning back to face Rachel he says, "Welcome to team. William pauses for a second to consider what Rachel said, "How do you mean to keep us from getting stranded in the middle of nowhere? Are you our mechanic?" If Rachel confirms she is the mechanic he will mention the moisture condenser he recently bought and how he would like to tie it into the Wolftrack's water storage system.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0930
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


A few minutes after Rachel has arrived a beat-up, old Wastelander motorcycle rumbles to a stop outside the hangar inside which the group has assembled. A dusky-skinned man in dusty, weathered clothing hops off the motorcycle and strides into the hangar.
Image
"Sorry to have kept you all waiting. I'm Ford. I assume you've already chosen your own agenda, route, and have begun planning for your expedition. Is there anything I can clear up? Any questions to sort, or local officials you need bribed?" His last question is clearly in jest as he delivers it with some humorous punch and a smile. Still, he seems genuine in his affect. "The Agency was rather clear with me when I was hired: I am not in charge, I'm merely a facilitator and a go-between. If you encounter problems, and you're within range of communications, I will do what I can to help you resolve those problems. If you've got reasonable requests, I'm the schmuck you send hat in hand to the Agency begging for scraps. And before you ask, I am not at liberty to disclose what little I know about the Agency with anyone. So, how are things going? Where y'all headin' first? And how soon can you leave?"
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 29/1d20 = 16

Murphy really is starting to get bored of all this what we should and how much we pack. It was up to him he would just throw some food and water in the truck with their gear and head out right now.

Rachel Stevens wrote:”Hi! I'm looking for Mr. Ford. I'm Rachel Stevens. I'm here to make sure we don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere. It's nice to meet everyone!”


After William introduces himself Murphy steps up while taking off his hat. "Well how you doing? It is a pleasure to meet the woman that will be taking care of Suzy for me. The names Muphy Hawkings. You can call me Murphy or Hawk, I answer to both. If you want I can give you a grand tour of the beauty that we will be traveling in. So have you had to do any field maintenance on a vehicle before? Let me tell what..." Before he can go into what he thinks is another amazing tale he is interrupted by the arrival of Ford.

Augur wrote:So, how are things going? Where y'all headin' first? And how soon can you leave?"


Murphy turns to Ford and waves at him. "How you doin' and good to meet you. And that is what I like to hear. I think we know where we want to go but they are still talking about what and how much they want to pack before we head out. All I know is that I'm ready to get behind the wheel and head out. I'm Murphy Hawkings by the way. I know we spoke before, but it is always good to introduce yourself again in person."

Once again he will step aside and lets the big brain types figure out the details.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 39

"It seems we are all waiting for Mr. Ford." William offers his hand and welcomes Rachel. "The name is William," he says while turning his head to look at Arjay while saying it. Turning back to face Rachel he says, "Welcome to team.” William pauses for a second to consider what Rachel said, "How do you mean to keep us from getting stranded in the middle of nowhere? Are you our mechanic?" If Rachel confirms she is the mechanic he will mention the moisture condenser he recently bought and how he would like to tie it into the Wolftrack's water storage system.


Rachel smiles politely at William. ”Nice to meet you, William.” When William asks what she means, Rachel stifles the urge to joke that she means that she's actually the cook. Instead Rachel just nods and replies, ”Yes, I'm the mechanic.” Rachel nods when William mentions his moisture condenser and says, ”That shouldn't be a problem.”

After William introduces himself Murphy steps up while taking off his hat. "Well how you doing? It is a pleasure to meet the woman that will be taking care of Suzy for me. The names Muphy Hawkings. You can call me Murphy or Hawk, I answer to both. If you want I can give you a grand tour of the beauty that we will be traveling in. So have you had to do any field maintenance on a vehicle before? Let me tell what..." Before he can go into what he thinks is another amazing tale he is interrupted by the arrival of Ford.


Rachel smiles at Murphy. “Hey Murphy. Nice to meet you!” Rachel starts to answer his question and to agree to a grand tour of Suzy when Ford arrives. She smiles at him politely and introduces herself, but largely remains quiet. Since she had just arrived minutes before Ford had, Rachel didn't really know what the plan was or the group was thinking of going. Rachel looks around. Who is the leader of this little group? Rachel wonders to herself. I didn't get a chance to ask.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 62 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 19

When Ford arrives William is relived, Finally, Maybe this will help us get the show on the road. William will walk up to Ford and introduce himself, "Mr. Ford, William Rainwood, nice to finally meet you." William offers the man his hand shaking with a firm grip. "The discussion has been to start at Ancient Base, then head down to The new Settlement and then bring it in for resupply. Are we expecting anyone else?"

William will step back to allow others to greet the man.

Once everyone is done with introductions William asks Ford, "Seems the agency is mostly concerned with information. Is that a fair assessment?" Waiting for the answer he wonders, Will they be all over us about artifacts we find?
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:39 am

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 33

William wrote:... shakes his head and finishes, "It's just not logical" Then with a firm quick retort, "It's William, not Billy. And I am not a boy." He turns to walk away when he sees a woman walk into the hanger, Great, what now?


Arjay relents on her teasing of William and offers him a slim smile as she replies, "Logic does not always fall into a human's or D-Bee's decision tree, Mr. Rainwood." She smirks a little bit. Fine be jumpy about your age. I'll stop teasing you for now.

Arjay makes her way over to Rachel, when the woman arrives, "Arjay Thompson. Good to see you made it. For a moment I was worried I'd be the only woman riding around with this bunch of tent poles." She gives the another woman a smile, "Looks like you and I are at opposite ends. You fix the tech and I handle the organic. Speaking of which. You need a physical before we ship out. I want base line readings on everyone." She gives a duty calls kind of shrug just before Ford walks in.

Arjay stands back while the others get at Ford first. After William addresses Ford, she says, "Mr. Rainwood's statement regarding the path we've chosen is correct. We are just working on the details of our supplies, but I believe we will be ready to head out first thing tomorrow morning." She glances around at the rest of the group to see if anyone disagrees with her statement.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:39 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 1200
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport


Ford clasps hands with everyone present, and backs up the doctor in her insistence that everyone provide a full physical prior to departure by simply stating, "Sounds like a prudent measure. Hop to it, people." He also affirms William's question with a nod and an enigmatic, "Yeah, usually...mostly." After heads are turned, coughs produced, measurements taken, and samples given, Arjay stores these all away for analysis on the road figuring a lot of travel is likely to be boring and routine. As these proceedings finally come to an end, the last of the gear is loaded onto the Wolftrack. Church shows off his tremendous strength by simply grabbing the fifty-five gallon drum of water and carrying it into the vehicle's ample cargo bay. Ford and Church stand side by side once everything is in order. "Looks like you're ready now, Doc. You've got supplies, a course, maps for a great deal of the terrain to cover, an itinerary, general orders about what to do at your destinations, and you're all physically and mentally prepared for the journey. Mr. Church agrees. It's nearly noon. I look forward to your after-action reports and wish you a safe and profitable journey." Everyone piles on board the Wolftrack, and Murphy eases the big vehicle out of the hangar doors. Within ten minutes they're clear of the Merctown environs, and within 30 it is totally out of sight.


Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200
Environmental Effects: 60°, late night
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Hangar space, Agency compound, Merctown Airport

Travel Map
Travel.jpg

The group is ten hours into their journey when they reach a curious impasse. Murphy's driven a good, long leg of the initial journey (8 hours), and is alternately nodding off and chatting with the others in the passenger compartment, so Arjay's been behind the wheel for the last two hours. There are no roads of any significance in this area heading in the direction of their destination, so she's been behind the wheel and following animal paths which keep the vehicle pointed in the generally correct destination. Now, however, she finds the hour is late. Sunset was nearly an hour ago, and so the night is a depth of blackness, and what's worse (because the Wolftrack could light up this forest like a party), she seems to have put the vehicle deep into a forested patch with winding roads. The way back is a solid two hours of backtracking to get out of this wooded maze of deer and fury-beetle trails, and so the group needs must decide on a course of action...or get some shut-eye and see what the morning brings.
Image
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail


Return to Frontiersmen Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests