Episode 1: First outing

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200
Environmental Effects: 60°, late night
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


There's a dense wall of forest in many directions, but from what can be seen by the Wolftrack's powerful lamps, it looks like there might be a navigable, if winding, path through this forest. The night air is thick with humidity, the scent of decaying foliage, and...something else, some less than natural scent, but one which William has trouble putting his finger on. Consulting the onboard geographic overlay map on one of the instrument panels, William notes their location to be rather near the American Empire territory known as "Michigan." More worrisome is their proximity to Chi-Town, and their approximate location smack dab between the heart of the CS and the community of magic-users known collectively as Magestar. If memory served him correctly, they were in the very general vicinity of a popular American gladiatorial arena of sorts known as the "Indee Five Hundred." Details about such arcana are scant, and its exact location lost to the annals of time and the scourges of the cataclysm, but William does not doubt that it once existed. His mind conjures up images of brave warriors encased in machines smashing one another at incredible velocities. Church kicks his feet up on the dash in front of the co-pilot's seat, and starts checking over his Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol to make sure the sights are aligned and everything's in order. He doesn't even look up as he states, "Stay and rest, or find a way to push on in the dark. Seems that's the choice before us. That and whether to rest outside or in. I've no preference and don't really need any rest right now, so if you need me for anything, just holler."

Image
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:21 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Phil sighs and kind of shifts when William talks. I suppose he's right to a point. Phil thinks as he speaks up. "You might be right brother, Lemme get my optics on and take a quick walk around." Phil says as he grabs his regular hunting rifle, slinging it over his shoulder, before pulling his Multi-Optic Band on over his eyes and stepping out of the Wolftrack. Once outside, Phil begins a short trek north of the vehicle so as to not be blinded by the headlights, swapping over to Nightvison. Lets take a little looky loo I guess.

Prowl 1d100 = 58/57% (To not get spotted by anything that may want to take a bite out of Phil.)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 35/65% (To see if anything is either Dangerous or Useful in the area.)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 60/55% (To see if anything is trying to sneak up on old Phil.)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 11/45% (To spot anything deliberately or Naturally hidden in the area.)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 63/60% (To not get lost while trekking around at night.)
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Proceeding about fifty or so feet North of the Wolftrack, the large red tree on the vehicle's left finally gives way to another trail. Phil reads the land and surmises that while the red tree certainly dominates this space, it does not mark the end of the trail, but rather the splitting of such. The trail might diverge from here out, or it may meet up again on the other side of the tree. Crouching down, he notes something peculiar. The ground is unnaturally hard underfoot, not soft with eons of composted undergrowth. Digging a bit with the heel of his boot, he finds a hard surface. Brushing back the dirt and leaves he finds it to be concrete. While this is clearly a path sometimes traveled, it's not a natural trail, and at one time, perhaps, might have been a road of some kind. It's then that something which has been nagging his senses suddenly comes into focus: there are no red leaves resting on the trail.
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 86

Arjay quickly writes down a shopping list for medical supplies so someone can make a run while she starts giving the physicals.

Later, when Arjay pilots the Wolftrack to what appears to be a dead end, she takes a deep breath and lets it go, "Okay, seems I'm done driving for the night. We should have called it at about an hour before sunset. Then we would have had time to make camp. Now I would suggest we all find a comfy corner and sleep in here for the night." She glances around the cab, "The next time we stop for supplies, someone remind me to buy a couple hammocks. We can string them up in here for Rachel and I, then you boys can stink up the crew area." She offers a crooked smile.

When Phil goes outside to look around, Arjay tries to watch for him out the windshield of the cab but she seems to focus mainly on the wall of green in front of her. "Yeah, Its time for me to get some sleep."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 97 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 12 and Original post: 1d100 = 3


Augur wrote:William notes their location to be rather near the American Empire territory known as "Michigan." More worrisome is their proximity to Chi-Town, and their approximate location smack dab between the heart of the CS and the community of magic-users known collectively as Magestar. If memory served him correctly, they were in the very general vicinity of a popular American gladiatorial arena of sorts known as the "Indee Five Hundred." Details about such arcana are scant, and its exact location lost to the annals of time and the scourges of the cataclysm, but William does not doubt that it once existed. His mind conjures up images of brave warriors encased in machines smashing one another at incredible velocities.


William stands outside the truck wondering, I wonder if we are close. All those crazy battles, people cheering. How wonderful it would be to find a piece of that history. William pulls his goggles off of his chest rig and places them on his head. Flipping to infrared he looks out into the wilderness for heat signatures. Definitely too late to go looking for fresh food in the strange wilderness.

William keys up the team frequency, "So by my best estimate we are on the border of the federation of magic and the CS. I am not sure how fluid this border is. I imagine we will be likely to see both sides around here. On a positive note, I think we are near what pre-rift people would have called the 'Indie Five-hundred". We should take it slow in the morning as we leave and keep our eyes people for any structures or possible artifacts. It would have been a big arena where warriors battles inside wheeled machines."

Not seeing a need for silence William calls out to Phil, "Phil! You find anything out here? I wish we would have stopped in the day time. We cold have looked around a bit, William thinks with a finishing sigh. There is always the morning if everyone is onboard with a slow departure.


Skills
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 63/1d20 = 19

Murphy was napping when the wolftrack came to a stop and really didn't wake up until people start talking about making camp. He makes his way up to the pilot seat and takes a look. "Whooeee girl! You got us stuck somethin' fierce." He jumps over to take a look at the sensors to find out if there is a way out going forward. "You are right little lady. We might as well call it a night. I will get out there in the morning and see how I can get suzy going again. I'm sure our man out there can tell you it is pointless to try and set up camp when it is dark out, so it looks like we are sleeping indoors tonight." Murphy will wait for both Phil and William to enter before telling them his plan on what he is going to turn off and leave run in the wolftrack. While he waits he will check the maps again just in case he has to put it in reverse and step on the gas.


Navigation: 1d100 = 52/70%
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 51/55%
Pilot: Truck: 1d100 = 76/78%
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 42

Rachel listens to the conversations going on around her and agrees with the group. She tells the others, ”I think that's a good idea. No sense in continuing and getting even more lost. When dawn arrives, we can find out way out.”

"The next time we stop for supplies, someone remind me to buy a couple hammocks. We can string them up in here for Rachel and I, then you boys can stink up the crew area." She offers a crooked smile.


Rachel grins at Arjay's comment. ”Great idea! Hammocks would be great!” She nods at the idea of sleeping and says, ”Should we set up a watch, just in case?” Rachel looks outside for Phil. Hopefully there's nothing out there trying to make a snack of him.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:07 pm

[rolls held]

Arjay clicks her Walkie, "Very interesting Mr. Rainwood. Maybe you and I can take a look around in the morning while Hawk undoes whatever it is I did with the Wolftrack. For now, stay by the truck and keep an eye on Phil. See ya back inside in a few." She clicks her mic off and looks over to Hawk.

Raising an eyebrow, Arjay gives him a little sneer, "Get me a road or a map and I'll guaranty my driving. Until then, its gonna be a crap shoot. Though I'll take an obstacle in our way over getting Suzie stuck in the mud. After all, it could be a lot worse than having to back track a bit." She gives Hawk a, did I really do so bad, look.

Arjay smiles as she turns to Rachel, "I know. Besides, there may be twelve bunks in the crew area, but I don't look forward to listening to four guy fart, burp and snore all night. And the cab really is the only other room on board the wolftrack. So, unless we're camping out side, I know I'd be happier with a little bit of space." She gives the other woman a considering look, Just in case doesn't really amount to much. Until it does.

Arjay nods to Rachel, "yeah, I don't think a watch could hurt. Are you volunteering?"
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:37 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 97 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 12 and Original post: 1d100 = 3


Arjay wrote:Arjay clicks her Walkie, "Very interesting Mr. Rainwood. Maybe you and I can take a look around in the morning while Hawk undoes whatever it is I did with the Wolftrack. For now, stay by the truck and keep an eye on Phil. See ya back inside in a few." She clicks her mic off and looks over to Hawk.


William listens to the suggestion from Arjay, Good, at least one taker. Hopefully we have some time in the morning. He looks around and calls to Phil again, "Phil! You find anything? Then decides to walk around the wolftrack and see if he can find Phil from the other side. As he walks around he replies on the radio, "Yes Miss Arjay, that sounds like an excellent plan. Maybe we can find something that will make the stop worth while." Releasing the mic William looks around into the black when he gets on the other side. Still wearing his multi optic goggles in infrared he looks for any heat signatures. "Phil? You out here? he calls out again.

Skills
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:39 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Phil inwardly curses. SHIT! Did I just walk into a trap? Phil looks up from where he's standing, nightvision goggles searching for what is causing him to worry. When Phil hears William yelling for him, Phil inwardly sighs. I'm gonna die because they're... Phil thinks as he slowly backs away from the red tree.

Dodge if necessary: 1d20+6 = 7
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:13 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0600
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Discretion trumps Phil's valor and he warily backs away from the red tree and back towards the sound of William's voice and the Wolftrack. The group holes up inside the vehicle and gets some rest as Church mans the crew cab and keeps watch as he has no desire to sleep. In the morning, everyone wakes up as the rays of the rising sun slip inside the vehicle and begin to illuminate it. Stretching their legs after the night inside, they begin to emerge from the vehicle. Phil, not feeling at home inside the vehicle is, of course, the first one out. A scent immediately strikes him like a hammer it's so foreign in such a place. Phil smells frying bacon. Noting the direction of the wind, he determines the scent is drifting downwind from the East.

Image

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 and 1d100 = 80

Rested and excited William makes his way outside the wolftrack, A new day! and the wonders we may find! He makes his way to the back of the wolftrack and climbs up top to see if he can get a better vantage to see where they might explore while Murphy works on a path. Calling down to Arjay, "So miss Arjay, where do you think we should start? Looks like there is a path around this red tree, you want to just start with that?" William will climb down and grab his back pack and satchel just in case. After getting ready for a little exploring he will ask Church, "How much time do we have to explore?"

Hitting the ground next to Phil he will pat him on the shoulder, "You seemed spooked last night, you see something we should be worried about out here?"

Prepared and ready William will start to the East making his way North around the tree and following the cleared path to see what is around the corner. As he walks around the tree he will inspect it to see if he can tell what it is. While they walk he will also keep a keen eye out for anything hidden in the brush or any locations they may want to explore further.


Skills
Land Navigation 70% vs 1d100 = 74 - Keep track as they move along so he remembers the way back.
Climbing 77% vs 1d100 = 72 - Make his way up and down the wolf track.
Detect Concealment 62% vs 1d100 = 69 - Look around as they walk for anything hidden in the brush.
Wilderness Survival 67% vs 1d100 = 94 - Does the tree look dangerous?
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 36

Astronomy & Navigation 72%=1d100 = 71 to keep track of where they parked

Coming out of the truck, Arjay looks around and fixes on the big red tree. Staring at it as William climbs down from the truck, she asks with furrowed brows, "That's an odd sight in the middle of all this green. Any idea what kind of tree it is?"

When William starts to wander off, Arjay calls out, "Wait up Mr. Rainwood. Lets get a consensus of what we are all planing to do. If we're stomping around the wood while others are trying to hunt, it might end poorly for more than one reason." She gives William a warm smile as she turns to the others. No more teasing William, at least until he's a little more sure of himself. Maybe Hawk, no, he wouldn't even notice. I guess its Phil then. "Philbilly, what the prognosis on the general area here?" she says as the group gathers around the truck.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Perception:1d100 = 47/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 95/1d20 = 13

Arjay wrote: "Get me a road or a map and I'll guaranty my driving. Until then, its gonna be a crap shoot. Though I'll take an obstacle in our way over getting Suzie stuck in the mud. After all, it could be a lot worse than having to back track a bit."


Hawk gives her a smile. "Now don't go worring about this. The amount of times I've gotten myself twisted around is more then I can count on all my fingers and toes. And as you saw I still have them all unlike my cuz Cletus. Like the dumbass he is, he tried to put gas into the lawnmower with it still running! 'Bout blew myself up. Lucky enough he only lost his nose picking finger and two toes. Well, with Mr. Church here on watch I think I going to get some more shut eye. And just to let you know I don't fart. Well not infront of ladies. My momma taught me better." He wishes all a good night and heads back to the bunks.




After getting up and stretching his bones he goes and looks for something to eat. "So what did we bring to eat on this trip? And someone please tell me we brought coffee. Hey, where are all of ya'll getting off to?" He follows everyone outside and stops to look at the giant tree. "Well chop off my foot and call me stumpy. That is one hell of a big tree." He lets out a long whistle as he looks up. "I'm a going to need coffee before figuring this out."

After heading back inside and grabbing something quick to eat and hopefully some coffee Murphy walks around the wolftrack and the tree to see if it is actually possible to fit through. When he sees people starting to head off he speaks up. "Ahh dang'it man. You just going off to find all the cool stuff and leave ol' Hawk back here to fix the problem?" He raise his hands as he speaks. "Naw, naw. I understand. You don't have to saw it. I know you want the best man for the job and I'm that guy. Hell, when Northern Gun wanted to make sure somethin' got delivered they'd call me. That means I'm rereliable."

If it looks like it might be a tight fit between the giant tree and the normal looking ones he will grab a knife and walk around the right side. As he does so he will walk up to all the normal looking ones and slash them to make sure they are just that, normal. If it ends up that way he talks with Church. "It might be a tight fit but I can get us through. Might scape some paint off, but it just gives Suzy some personality. What do ya' think? We might want to scout ahead a little to make sure it stays open further down this way."
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 81
Conditions: None.

Skills to be used on the next leg of the trip (saves time and you can just narrate if any foraging is successful):
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 77/65% (To find water and whatnot on the way)
Track Animals 1d100 = 87/60% (For hunting animals on the way)
Trap Animals 1d100 = 12/70% (For hunting animals on the way)
Prowl 1d100 = 41/57% (For use while hunting)
ID Plants & Fruits 1d100 = 74/55% (Forage for edible plants on the way)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 97/55% (To not be eaten by things)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 96/45% (To find hidden animals on the way)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 34/75% (To not get lost in the Ohio River Valley)
Cook 1d100 = 81/65% (To prepare whatever Phil forages)
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 1d100 = 75/65% (To process whatever Phil hunts up)

When Phil wakes up, he heads back outside so he can see things clearly in the daylight.

William James wrote:Hitting the ground next to Phil he will pat him on the shoulder, "You seemed spooked last night, you see something we should be worried about out here?"


Phil slowly looks at William. "Have you ever been out in the wilderness? You don't just start yelling someones name in the middle of the night when they're out scouting. That is a quick way to get someone killed." Phil says shaking his head and looking at the red plastic tree that spooked him in the dark. well at least it wasn't an issue this time.

Arjay wrote:"Philbilly, what the prognosis on the general area here?" she says as the group gathers around the truck.


Phil shakes his head. "Seems safe enough, we're on something nature reclaimed. A road or paved ground, and a plastic tree." Phil says to the doctor.

Phil looks to Murphy. "You can probably weave your way through here, but I couldn't tell you what's on the other side." Phil says to Murphy.

Whatever the group decides is fine by Phil's standards. On the next day of travel Phil takes some time to do some scrounging to bolster food stores and get some meat for dinner.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0615
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


William and Phil proceed to the Northeast in discussion as they check out the passability of the trail further into this strange area. Meanwhile, back at the Suzy, Church keeps a watchful eye on the terrain while Arjay and Murphy voice their opinions, and Rachel stirs from sleep as the last one to wake. Arjay calls after Phil and Will with her input, and Phil gives his professional response. Will and Phil round the Northern bend of trees and Phil walks straight into Will as the younger man is rooted in place with a look of terror on his face. (Bad perception & failed HF) Standing in the clearing directly to the East is a forty foot tall dinosaur with diminutive arms, but a tremendously powerful body and set of legs all capped off by a head the size of a luxury hover vehicle whose enormous mouth is filled with teeth the length of vibro-swords. Phil's rifle is already in hand by the time his practiced eye notes everything wrong with this scene. (good perception & successful HF check) The damned thing isn't moving. Two convenient snacks walk blindly around a corner in front of a T-rex and it just stands there? That doesn't jibe with reality. A moment's time assessing the thing reveals the details that give away its true nature. The coloration is all wrong, the proportions aren't quite right, and, of course, the thing isn't animate. Phil peers around at what else he can see and notes the appearance of a smaller dinosaur mock-up further South of the larger one, and South of that is what looks to be a large field tent...the smell of bacon is even stronger.

Image

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 62
Conditions: None.

Phil looks at the scene before him and starts laughing, several long seconds of hearty laughing happen before he speaks again. "Who in the hell thought this was a good idea... Fake dinosaurs, this is the stupidest thing I ever saw." Phil quiets down and makes his way towards the smell. What ins the hell am I even seeing here. Phil thinks.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 45 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 and 1d100 = 41

William turns the corner and confronted by the vision of what he can only assume is a real dinosaur lets out a high pitched scream. He is about to turn and run for his life when Phil remarks,

Phil wrote:"Who in the hell thought this was a good idea... Fake dinosaurs, this is the stupidest thing I ever saw."


William pauses, he looks closer at the dinosaur in front of him, It's fake?, he wonders. The says out loud, "Yeah, fake dinosaur, how stupid. Like anyone would fall for that." William adjusts his pants slightly trying to sneak a check and make sure they are still dry both front and back then follows Phil and asks, "What is that smell?" He keys up the team radio and lets the team know what is up, "Phil and I found something, heading over to see what it is. If you follow, there are some fake dinosaurs around the corner. Don't let them fool fool you."

After the radio call William readies his submachine gun.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 68/1d20 = 16

Murphy freezes in his tracks when he hears the high-pitched scream and looks around for the women of the group. When it dawns on him the scream was to far away to come from them he laughs. "Seeing as that didn't come from one of you ladies it must have come from that young brainy guy." He was about to get into the wolftrack when Willam calls over the radio.

William James wrote: "Phil and I found something, heading over to see what it is. If you follow, there are some fake dinosaurs around the corner. Don't let them fool fool you."


Hawks pops his around the corner of the truck with a smile on his face. "Did he just say fake dinosaurs? I'ma gonna have to see this." He jogs around the now known plastic tree and gets to the bend in the trail. The look on his face is like that of a child when given a present. He waits for the other three if they haven't gotten there yet. Once more have gathered he speaks gleefully to them. "I know someone has to have a camera with them. I have some great ideas for some pictures we can take. My sister is going to get a kick out of them."
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:58 am

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 75

Arjay looks a bit puzzled when the scream cuts through the trees and she looks over to Rachel. Then William's radio call comes in and her eyes light up.

The Hawk wrote:"Seeing as that didn't come from one of you ladies it must have come from that young brainy guy."


Arjay stifles a chuckle on William's behalf and just shrugs to the older man, "It wasn't either of us."

The Hawk wrote: "I know someone has to have a camera with them. I have some great ideas for some pictures we can take. My sister is going to get a kick out of them."


Arjay pats a pocket on her rig and says, "I have one right here." Then she clicks her radio and says, "We're coming up to take a look. Are they anatomically correct? Or just some childish mock-up?" She lets the button on her radio go as she catches up to Hawk, leaving Church and Rachel back at the truck.

When the dino comes into view she slows, glancing around for William and Phil, she asks Murphy, "Now, are we sure this isn't a robot?" A little apprehension can been seen crossing her face as the possible dangers of a robotic fake leak into her brain.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 82

Arjay nods to Rachel, "yeah, I don't think a watch could hurt. Are you volunteering?"


Rachel starts to nod at Arjay and and agree to take the first watch, but when Church does it, Rachel doesn't argue with him. Instead, Rachel grabs one of the free hammocks and settles in for the night, wanting to be rested for the upcoming day. She is slow to wake up the next morning, momentarily forgetting where she is. Half awake, Rachel mumbles ”Just 5 more minutes, Dad! She shifts a bit and realizes she's in a hammock, which reminds her of where she is. Sitting upward, Rachel realizes that everyone is outside and she's the last one awake! Dammit! Of course you sleep in on your first day, Rach! Getting out of her hammock, Rachel runs her fingers through her hair and pus it up in a messy pony tail as she gets ready to head outside.

Hearing the laughter and then a high pitched scream, Rachel wonders to herself What the hell is going on? Is there hazing going on? No one told me there would be hazing in this group!' Heading outside, Rachel asks, ”What's going on, guys?” At the sight of the dinosaurs, Rachel starts, but then raises an eyebrow. That must have been the source of the scream' Rachel thinks to herself as she studies the dinosaurs, figuring if the rest of the team wasn't running away from them, they were probably ok for the moment. ”Wow! These are so cool!”

"I know someone has to have a camera with them. I have some great ideas for some pictures we can take. My sister is going to get a kick out of them."


Rachel shakes her head at Murphy. ”Sorry, I don't have a camera.”

A thought occurs to her and Rachel comments to the rest of the team, ”We should be careful. Anyone who took the time to set this up probably isn't eager to have unexpected visitors.”
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:31 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0620
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Phil and William round the bend of actual trees and walk South. A man sits before a campfire tending a large skillet hovering over the fire. He has an energy weapon of some sort slung on his shoulder, and on the ground behind him Phil and Will can see a bolt-action hunting rifle as well. Another dinosaur to Phil's left almost makes him jump, but the fake T-rex gives him the context to recognize it as another fake. The man waves Phil and Will to approach and pats his energy weapon signaling he's well prepared for any nonsense from them. "If you've got scrip or items for trade, you're welcome to join me. I got flapjacks and bacon cooking, and some items for trade. That your vehicle on the other side of the treeline, I assume?" Further back, Arjay, Murphy, and Rachel get an eyeful of the inanimate tyrannosaur mock-up as they follow in Will and Phil's footsteps. By Arjay's estimation, the mock-ups are fairly accurate. Murphy delights in the fact that Arjay has a camera and gets some great pictures for his relatives. While Rachel geeks out about the fake dinosaur, Murphy's keen eye notes that there's a wide path heading North from the fake tyrannosaur.

IF TRADING: +5% to first roll to find uncommon weapons or survival gear items

Image

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 32

Augur wrote:"If you've got scrip or items for trade, you're welcome to join me. I got flapjacks and bacon cooking, and some items for trade. That your vehicle on the other side of the treeline, I assume?"


William looks around trying to get an idea of what this man might have for trade, he smiles at the briefest consideration he might have some pre-rift items. He lowers his rifle and says, "What kind of items do you have for trade?" Slightly relaxed he realizes quickly, I he was hear last night, he knew. He knew we were here. Maybe there are others. At the finish of the thought he looks around to see if anyone is hidden around them getting ready to ambush them. While scanning around him he asks, "What are you doing out here alone like this?"


Skills
Detect Concealment 62% vs 1d100 = 81 - scan the area looking for anyone hidden in the bushes around them.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:07 am

On the approach to the trader's site, William's surveying eye catches a glimmer of something reflective coming from the ground near the treeline. Pausing to inspect, he kneels down and digs out a small, oval-shaped disc of metal that's caked with tarnish and dirt. Clearing the dirt off doesn't make it any more legible, but it's clear that the item is intact and has some form of text embossed on the metal disc. Likely, the tarnish could easily be removed with the aid of tools in the lab.

Answering William's question, the trader says, "Oh, a bit of this and a bit of that. A handful of various weapons, some assorted gear...something in particular you're looking for?" Upon approaching the man's campfire, William catches a whiff of the man himself from a downwind gust. The man has a heavy, peculiar, soured dairy product-like odor to him. Looking around, however, there's no sign this guy is working with anyone, and no sign of a trap.

IF TRADING: +5% to first roll to find uncommon weapons or survival gear items
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:35 am

William James wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 27 vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 10 and Original post: 1d100 = 32


Augur wrote:On the approach to the trader's site, William's surveying eye catches a glimmer of something reflective coming from the ground near the treeline. Pausing to inspect, he kneels down and digs out a small, oval-shaped disc of metal that's caked with tarnish and dirt. Clearing the dirt off doesn't make it any more legible, but it's clear that the item is intact and has some form of text embossed on the metal disc. Likely, the tarnish could easily be removed with the aid of tools in the lab.

Answering William's question, the trader says, "Oh, a bit of this and a bit of that. A handful of various weapons, some assorted gear...something in particular you're looking for?" Upon approaching the man's campfire, William catches a whiff of the man himself from a downwind gust. The man has a heavy, peculiar, soured dairy product-like odor to him. Looking around, however, there's no sign this guy is working with anyone, and no sign of a trap.

IF TRADING: +5% to first roll to find uncommon weapons or survival gear items


William puts the disk in his pocket, I need to look this over more later. He walks up to the man and finds a place to sit. Reaching out a hand he says, "My name is William." William holds his tongue on the smell radiating from the man, Oof, that's bad. I need to make this quick. William takes the time to look around and see if he can get an idea of what kind of man he is. I need him to trust me if we are to get a look at what he has.

"So, this and that. We could sit here all day with me asking "do you have a" or you can let us know what you have to trade." William pauses hoping he isn't pushing too hard. "I'm really only looking for "old world" items personally. Stuff from the past. Books, movies, maps. Stuff like that. I can't speak for the others."

Skills +5% already applied to %
Archaeology 77% vs 1d100 = 2
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% vs 1d100 = 16
Lore: Demons & Monsters 74% vs 1d100 = 68
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:44 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 75

Arjay doesn't particularly want to trade and she's already eaten, but the flapjacks and bacon smell good so she moves in around the fire and motions to the log, "Mind if I grab a seat?"

If given approval, she squats on the log and says conversational between William's questions as she holds a smile, "Yeah, that's us around the bend. Interesting place you have here. Something you set up or did you find it?" Her eyebrow twitches as an odd thought crosses her mind and she blurts out, "Not sure how long you've been pout here but if you have any medical needs, I could lend you a hand."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 26

Rachel isn't completely surprised to see the trader. After all, SOMEONE had set up the fake dinosaurs trap to scare people away. As she joins William and Phil, Rachel observes the newcomer and figures he seems nice enough. We should be careful, Rachel thinks to herself. but there's no need to be aggressive or rude.

If Arjay is given permission to sit by the fire, Rachel sits down by the fire as well, after making sure the trader is ok with her doing this. Rachel, going from Arjay's offer of medical advice, chimes in ”I'm pretty good at fixing things. If you need anything fixed, I can take a look at it.”
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0625
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


William wrote:"I'm really only looking for "old world" items personally. Stuff from the past. Books, movies, maps. Stuff like that. I can't speak for the others."

The smelly man shakes his head, "No profit and too much risk in contraband antiquities." He leans forward in faux conspiratorial fashion, "Unless said antiquity was a tech manual from before the cataclysm, eh? Boy that would fetch a hefty sum! I'd beeline something like that straight to Merctown or Lazlo and cash in, hoo-ey!" He slaps his knee at the last utterance before shaking his head wistfully at the idea and fishing out a couple flapjacks to settle on his plate.
Arjay wrote:"Interesting place you have here. Something you set up or did you find it? Not sure how long you've been pout here but if you have any medical needs, I could lend you a hand."

The man shovels some food in his mouth and chews as Arjay speaks then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "I'm as healthy and virile as a Rhino-Buffalo, miss." He blows a snot rocket to one side of the campfire and adds, "But I'm just passing through. I've been here a time or two before in my travels. Got my bike in the tent. I stay mobile yanno. Don't wanna stay in any one place too long. Retail is for suckers. The free life of a traveling trader is the life for me."
Rachel wrote:”I'm pretty good at fixing things. If you need anything fixed, I can take a look at it.”

The man shakes his head again. "Nah, my Wastelander is as indestructible as I am so long as I keep feeding her the right things. So you're an operator? In the market for some tools? I think I got some back in the tent if you can pay for 'em."

IF TRADING: +5% to first roll to find uncommon weapons or survival gear items
(Availability rules)

Image

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 and 1d100 = 31

William listens to the man discuss the manual and nods with wide open eyes, "Yeah, that is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Too bad you don't have anything like that though." Having nothing else in mind he might be looking for William thanks the man and makes his way back to the truck, fondling the disk in his pocket. Well, Nothing to trade but maybe I found something on my own.

Inside the wolftrack he makes his way to the counter and puts the disk down. Looking it over he decides on how to clean it up without damaging it and proceeds to figure out what treasure he may have found. Using his brush, he cleans it up the best he can then examines it thoroughly.

skills
Archaeology 72% vs 1d100 = 13 – Examine an identify what the item might be.
History: Pre-Rifts 86% vs 1d100 = 27 – Examine and identify if it is a Pre-rift Relic.
Salvage 67% vs 1d100 = 15 – Figure out a decent way to clean it up without destroying it.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Perception:1d100 = 66/25%
JIC:1d100 = 37/1d20 = 2

After sending WAAAY to long playing with the fake dinosaurs Murphy will make his way over to the camp fire, the smell of bacon just too irresistible. He is licking his chops and rugging his hands together when he hears the old man say he has been this way several times.

"How you doin' sir, names Murphy Hawkings. You can call me Hawk for short. You said you been through the area before, so I was wonderin' if you could help me out? That path that heading up north past that big ol' sum-bitch dino. How far north does it run? And how long does it stay nice and clear like? One more thing. Can I get on some of those flapjacks and bacon? And some coffee if you have some?"

Now whether or not Murphy gets some food from the old man he will still stay and chat him up.

"You know, I like that outlook on life. Life on the road is the only way to live. I'm a bush-pilot myself. Normally I fly stuff out to paying customers for Northern Gun. Then a man came along and said Murphy do really want to have an adventure? I said hell yeah! So here I am driving this lot around. Got a big-o wolftrack back over behind those trees named Suzy." He will point in the direction of the truck. "So where you getting to and where did you come from? Hey, what else you got for sale?"


Land Navigation: 1d100 = 8365%
Appraise Goods: 1d100 = 9560%
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 14

Arjay smiles at the traveler, "Not a bad way to live." She stands, "Well, I think I'm gonna head back to the truck." Maybe I can get us unstuck before Hawk gets back? Giving the traveler one last nod she says her farewells, "Good luck in your travels. I hope you find that book."

With that said, she heads back past the dino statues to the truck. When she arrives back at the truck, she plans to go up to the cab and figure out a way to get the truck turned around, but first she makes sure to check in with Church. No one's getting left at the rest stop on this trip.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0625
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


William James wrote:"Yeah, that is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Too bad you don't have anything like that though."

The smelly traveler adds, "Nope. Got nothing like that at the moment, just some scavenged gear, but you might be able to find artifacts in this old place if you poke around in the right spots. I have before, North of this here camp."
William James wrote:Inside the wolftrack he makes his way to the counter and puts the disk down. Looking it over he decides on how to clean it up without damaging it and proceeds to figure out what treasure he may have found. Using his brush, he cleans it up the best he can then examines it thoroughly.

After some minutes cleaning up the object, William earns himself a smile with his work. The object is now a shiny and clean copper disk. It looks like a coin that has been flattened and stretched out under tremendous pressure. On the coin's surface is the text "Prehistoric Forest" with the image of a dinosaur stamped into the coin surface along with the text. The flip side of the coin shows another dinosaur and, in tiny print along the bottom it also reads "Onsted, Michigan."
Murphy Hawkings wrote:"How you doin' sir, names Murphy Hawkings. You can call me Hawk for short. You said you been through the area before, so I was wonderin' if you could help me out? That path that heading up north past that big ol' sum-bitch dino. How far north does it run? And how long does it stay nice and clear like? One more thing. Can I get on some of those flapjacks and bacon? And some coffee if you have some?"

The man reciprocates, "Folks just call me Wand'rin' Jack. Pleased to meetcha, Hawk. The path varies over time, so I couldn't rightly say. Been passing through here off an on for years and seen it so thick at times that you had to hack your way through, and at other times you could drive through easy enough if you were careful and kept your eye on the trails. I just got here the other day myself, and arrived by the same way as y'all. I can tell ya there's a trail North and another to the East. If'n you've got something to trade, I'll happily treat ya to some of this tasty mess."
Murphy Hawkings wrote:"You know, I like that outlook on life. Life on the road is the only way to live. I'm a bush-pilot myself. Normally I fly stuff out to paying customers for Northern Gun. Then a man came along and said Murphy do really want to have an adventure? I said hell yeah! So here I am driving this lot around. Got a big-o wolftrack back over behind those trees named Suzy." He will point in the direction of the truck. "So where you getting to and where did you come from? Hey, what else you got for sale?"

Wand'rin' Jack nods along understandingly as he shovels food in his face. "Like I told your friend, got a varied assortment of guns and traveling gear. That's about it. Whatch'y'all gotta trade? I imagine a big vehicle like that could carry aplenty."
Arjay wrote:"Not a bad way to live." She stands, "Well, I think I'm gonna head back to the truck. Good luck in your travels. I hope you find that book." With that said, she heads back past the dino statues to the truck. When she arrives back at the truck, she plans to go up to the cab and figure out a way to get the truck turned around, but first she makes sure to check in with Church. No one's getting left at the rest stop on this trip.

Arjay looks around the vehicle and inside it, passing William in the lab as she scours the vehicle. She even slips down into the lower deck bathroom. There's no sign of Church to be found. It's like he's vanished.
ImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 74/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 34
Conditions: None.

Phil watches the antics of his new team interacting with the old man, but soon grows bored. Phil soon begins walking back to the vehicle, stopping at the dinosaurs and shaking his head. These are so wrong.. the colors aren't right. Phil continues back to the truck and finds his seat. If that's the worse thing we run into this trip, I'd be surprised." Phil says to no one in particular, though it would seem Arjay is the only one near. Phil sets his rifle butt down between his knees and waits on the others to come back.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:07 am

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 54

Arjay starts to wonder about the newly formed team's leader, If he's one of those asshats that likes to hide and then jump out and scare everyone, he's not going to be fast enough to stop my boot from going up his ass. She continues to look for Church, and the longer she does so, the more concerned the look on her face becomes.

When she comes across the Dino Hunter she asks, "Phil, have you seen Church? I wanted to check in when I got back but I haven't been able to find him. I've looked all over the truck and didn't see him outside."

Frakity frak, if he hit last call and wandered off into the woods to die like some animal.....I'll kill him.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 19/1d20 = 3

Augur wrote: "Like I told your friend, got a varied assortment of guns and traveling gear. That's about it. Whatch'y'all gotta trade? I imagine a big vehicle like that could carry aplenty."


"Well shoot, I ain't got much and I'm sure what I got you don't need. You would be right about it bein' able to carry plenty of stuff, but you see we are on our way out not comin' back. So at the moment we ain't got shit. Well it was nice meetin' you Jack. Hope to see you around." From there Murphy gets up and heads back to the Wolftrack but just cuts through the woods instead of walking around the way he came. When he gets back he heads straight for the cab, but then finds out Church is missing.

"Well, you know them juicer types are a bit crazy right? I mean hell, who would want to pump themself full of chems just to end up and die in what 5 to 6 years. I say they are 'bout bat shit nuts as them crazies with those knobs sticking out of their heads. You got to be in it for the long haul. There is just to much out there to see to only be alive for such a short time. Anyways, he probably got bored with this little group and took off for something with more action. Those guys can't sit around in one spot for to long. So I was talking with Jack about ways out of here and he said there are ways north and east. I saw the one north past the big dino that made the young guy squeal and I would have to guess the one east is past his camp. I don't think Suzy would fit past him without running stuff over and that would be just mean to do that so I say we head north and find our way east from there. Can someone call the rest of the group in if they aren't already so we can head out? We're burning daylight here."

Hawk will start up the truck and wait to make sure the rest of the group is in before heading out. He will do his best to not damage Suzy on either the real trees or the fake one, but moving on is the main goal and he will do what he has to do to make that happen.

Pilot: Truck: 1d100 = 91/78%
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72 vs 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 83

William is pleased with himself and his find, Maybe not an earth shattering find, but it is a good start. William put the the metallic object in a pouch on his chest rig. Might fetch a couple credits anyway.

Arjay wrote:When she comes across the Dino Hunter she asks, "Phil, have you seen Church? I wanted to check in when I got back but I haven't been able to find him. I've looked all over the truck and didn't see him outside."


William over hears Arjay ask Phil if he has seen Church, Hmm, yeah, Where is he? "It has been a while since I have seen him Arjay. To be honest, I was slightly distracted, with the, well, with the dinosaur. I hadn't thought about church. Do we look for him? Maybe he quit? Are we still close enough to radio the Agency or Ford? Maybe they heard from him?" The wolf isn't that big... I doubt he is hiding in here, he thinks breifly then offers, "I can check outside quickly, do one of you want to try to reach out to Ford?"

William heads back outside, He wasn't by the homeless guy. We would have seen him. Maybe he went north. William makes his way back around tot where they first say the dinosaur and heads north a little bit looking around in the bushes and what not calling out, "Church! You out here?"

Skills
Detect Concealment 62% vs 1d100 = 88 - Look around in the bushes and on the ground for anything hidden or covered.
Track & Trap Animals 37% vs 1d100 = 18 - Look for churches tracks (possible penalty?)
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Previous

Return to Frontiersmen Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest