Episode 1: First outing

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 17

Rachel is still a bit confused, especially when no one answers her question. So... we're NOT leaving?? Rachel thinks to herself as she watches the commotion going on around her.

Rachel and Arjay hear a couple of snapping sounds, like tree limbs being broken, from in the forest to the North of the Wolftrack.


Rachel turns to the north of the wolftrack at the sound of the noise. What in the world was that? Rachel wonders to herself. Looking over at Arjay, Rachel nods. ”I heard the same thing coming fro the north of the wolftrack. Tree limbs being broken, it seems.” When William and Phil start heading North, Rachel follows them with her trusty MP-10 Caseless pistol in hand, just in case.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 14

When William starts the charge to the north, Arjay curses to herself, Frak! He we go rushing off into the wood blind. None the less she joins them and takes off north and into the forest as she shouts back, "Hawk, get the truck started up and head north as best you can. I don't want us separated by too much distance."

Man Billy is fast, Hopefully he won't out paces us too badly. When she catches up to Phil, Arjay sticks with him as they race to catch up to whatever might have taken Church.

When/If they start to draw close, Arjay puts an arm out to slow Phil down, and whoever might have stuck with them, so they can attempt to sneak the last bit of distance.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:57 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0640
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


A burst of chatter comes over the group radio frequency though most of the team is within earshot as William yells, "I see it! To the north. Still not sure what it is. I'm gonna follow. Hurry up and catch up!" William swings his laser rifle to the ready and starts running after whatever it is that he saw. There's no way it's any kind of D-bee, so William quickly dismisses that, but he's not aware of any kind of alien or monstrous flora or fauna that fits the bill either. Whatever it is, he had only just glimpsed some of it from a distance as it moved among the hundred or so foot high forest canopy. Now that he knows what to look for, tracking this huge thing through the woods is a snap, and William is soon actually gaining on the thing.

Phill is hot on William's heels, hollering "What do you see?" with his trusty hunting rifle in hand. William is easily twice as light on his feet as Phil though, so unless the terrain intervenes, or William slows or comes to a stop, he's gonna leave Phil far behind.

Rachel answers Arjay, "I heard the same thing coming fro the north of the Wolftrack. Tree limbs being broken, it seems," then follows William and Phil with her MP-10 in hand. She's quite fleet of foot, and keeps her senses open to the terrain as she first catches up to then passes Phil as she pursues William.

Arjay mentally rolls her eyes then hollers, "Hawk, get the truck started up and head north as best you can. I don't want us separated by too much distance," before she also takes off in pursuit of William.

Murphy tips his hat, dashes back inside Suzy, closes her up, fires up her engine, and wheels the big machine somewhat gracefully North of the red tree and then follows an open path further North at a slow clip as he visually tracks the team running through the edge of the woods.

Church does a phenomenal crunch once he has his pistol in hand, then carefully lets off three blasts into the tentacle holding him. The tentacle reacts violently, simultaneously whipping from left to right as it releases Church. Church is thrown mid-snap from the tentacle and lands bodily against a tree trunk forty feet up, nearly knocking the wind out of him upon impact. He hits two thick tree branches on the way down before finally coming to a hard landing face-first on the earth, then springs to his feet. The blood is pumping hard in his ears, the drugs from his bio-comp coursing through his veins, and all his senses are attuned to his fight or flights instincts.

The others, save for Murphy in the Wolftrack, see an armored body go flying through the air amidst a copse of trees and fall to the earth. A split second later that body is on its feet and it's apparent that it's Church. Something is moving way up in the forest canopy, but from everyone's vantage on the ground it's entirely shrouded in shadow. Phil's keen senses finally put one and one together as he's trudging in pursuit of the others and he notes the discrepancy that had been earlier eluding him: some of the "trees" in their vicinity weren't trees at all, but naturally camouflaged legs as tall as trees. Phil and Rachel alike also see one more unusual thing of note: there appears to be a pile of bodies strewn about the earth and underbrush in the distance under the shadow of the trees.

Check your inboxes to see your maps.

What are your intentions?
Combat posts are advised.

Butcher's Bill
Arjay:
Church: -11 S.D.C.
Murphy:
Phil:
Rachel:
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 47/1d20 = 11

Murphy will stop the truck when he sees that the group has stopped and calls over the radio. "What the hell are you lookin' at? Did we find Church? Let me guess, it's some kind of big-o monster. It would have to be to catch a juicer off guard. This is why I don't do them rifts things. Did I tell you 'bout that slime monster that one time? Just freaky as hell." As he is talking way he jumps on the sensors to find out what is out there besides his teammates.

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 42/55%
Weapons Systems: 1d100 = 66/65% just to see if it picks up targets

If or when he spots the monster he jumps out of his seat and runs to the back of Suzy to man the mini-missile launcher. If it makes a move to attack the team or Wolftrack and he can get a lock on it he lets loose a volly of 2 missiles.

APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
1. Stop the Wolftrack
2. Use the sensors
3. Run to the back and man the launcher Weapons Systems: 1d100 = 43/65%
4. Fire missiles if needed: Strike: 1d20+1 = 7 Damage: 5d6*2 = 34
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:59 am

Perception -- 1d100 = 19 / 34%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 52

Constant Effects:
-- Cannot be surprised/attacked, even from behind.
-- Virtually impervious to pain.


As Church gets to his feet, his honed and augmented reflexes get the rifle into his hands in a blink of an eye. He catches William and some of the team out of the corner of his eye. "In the trees!" he yells at them. His finger toggles the rifle to high powered, then starts to fire at the creature that just dropped him.

"I don't know what it is, but it has tentacles, and it's a tough critter!" He yells over his own laser rifle blasts. As he sights in the creature in the tree's and fires some more. C'mon baby... don't let me down!

Initiative -- 1d20+7 = 25
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 16 | Damage: 6d6 = 16
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 23 | Damage: 6d6 = 23
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 23 | Damage: 6d6 = 23
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 21 | Damage: 6d6 = 12

AutoDodge as needed -- (+6 not added in) 8d20:
20, 6, 5, 1, 19, 8, 4, 9
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 am

Perception: 30% / 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 31
Conditions: Young, out of his league fighting a giant monster, heavily soiled draws.

William sees church drop from the trees, Well, I guess we won't have to free him. Then sees Church turn around and open fire, On What?, he thinks to himself, still not able to see the beast.

Church wrote:"I don't know what it is, but it has tentacles, and it's a tough critter!" He yells over his own laser rifle blasts. As he sights in the creature in the tree's and fires some more.


Williams eyes open large, Is the juicer scared? He speaks up as he starts to back away. "Maybe we should get back to the wolf, Sound good? William takes off in a sprint back the way he came, looking for the wolf track, yelling to the team as he passes, "Church is back. Big monster in the trees" If William makes it to the Wolf he will get inside of it.

Initiative (+0): 1d20 = 3
Non-Combat Action: 4
Run 90 ft per action
Action 1: Back up while speaking to Church, Dodge if needed
Action 2: Turn and Run, Dodge if needed, run 90 ft
Action 3: Run, Dodge if needed, run total 180ft
Action 4: Continue to run, or get in Wolf track, Dodge if needed, run 270 ft

Contingency: William is running to the Wolf, he will attempt to dodge any attacks.

Dodges (+4 included):
1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 19
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 48
Conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 = 8
Number of Attacks: 4

Action One: Move towards the commotion, through the bush north of Phil (94'/action)
Action Two: Either continue moving (94'/action) or take aim at the creature with Custom Hunting Rail Rifle.
Action Three: Fire at creature with Custom Hunting Rail rifle (Aimed Shot). (Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 5d6 = 20 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire again with Custom Hunting Rail rifle. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 5; Damage: 5d6 = 17 M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 11.
Dodges, if attack cannot be parried: 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 26.



Phil isn't too sure what is going on at the moment, as all he can really hear is trees crashing and people yelling. Phil hustles forward until he can see what is causing the problem. Once he sees a target, he hefts his rifle up, and takes aim down the scope, taking some care to line up his first shot. Hold your breath, gently squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it.... go. Phil thinks as he fires his first shot. He quickly breathes out and fires again, this time much more hurried.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 42
Attks: 4
Init: 1d20 = 1

Lore: Demons & Monsters 66%=1d100 = 9


Arjay stops running and stares as she sees Church flung down from on high. Looking up into the trees she tries to figure out just what she's looking at.

When she sees Church start to fire her rifle comes up and she starts firing at the shadowed shape up in the trees. Between shots she says, "Hawk's got the truck off to the east."

Frak, are we just pissing this thing off? Should we just be running.

1. Look and ID monster
2. fire rifle at creature. Strike 1d20+1 = 11 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40 MD
3. fire rifle at creature. Strike 1d20+1 = 16 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 MD
4. fire rifle at creature. Strike 1d20+1 = 5 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD

Parry if needed: 1d20+2 = 10, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 21, 1d20+2 = 8
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 32
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 5

Rachel's eyes widen as Church gets flung away and she sees what looks like like trees moving. And did it fling Church to the ground!?! What in the hell is that thing? Rachel thinks to herself as she lifts up her pistol in an attempt to get a line of sight on whatever this thing is, not wanting it to kill any member of her new team.

Actions
1. stares at creature
2. Fires pistol at creature. Strike: 1d20 = 14, Damage, if hit: 4d6 = 22
3. Fires pistol at creature. Strike: 1d20 = 11, Damage, if hit: 4d6 = 12
4. Fires pistol at creature. Strike: 1d20 = 15, Damage, if hit: 4d6 = 13
5. Fires pistol at creature. Strike: 1d20 = 6, Damage, if hit: 4d6 = 11

Auto-Parry, if needed:
OOC Comments
1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 6

Dodges:
OOC Comments
1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 15
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0640.25
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Church catches sight of the team out of the corner of his eye. "In the trees!" he yells at them. "I don't know what it is, but it has tentacles, and it's a tough critter!" He yells as he fires into the dark depths of the forest canopy above and North of his position.

Rachel's eyes widen as she brings her pistol to bear towards the indistinct shape in the trees far above and opens fire.

Phil hustles forward until he can see what is causing the problem. He can't see a discernible target, but he can see where Arjay and Church are firing at by simply gauging the intersection of their firing trajectories. He hefts his rifle up, takes aim down the scope, and lets loose two very unsatisfying shots into the dark forest canopy above.

"Maybe we should get back to the Wolf, Sound good?" William takes off back the way he came, yelling as he passes, "Church is back. Big monster in the trees." He runs past Arjay, Rachel, and Phil back to where the Wolftrack had been. It's gone. He circles back following its obvious tracks to the North and spies it idling between two copses of trees just East of where he'd run from. He rushes to the far side of the Wolftrack, interposing it between himself and whatever the hell was in the trees. The airlock's security panel shows only a cold, unresponsive red when he hammers on it.

Arjay stops and looks up into the canopy for what Church is firing at, but still can't see shit. She puts the information gathered so far through the filter of her keenly deductive mind and comes up with a short list of a half-dozen beasts, supernatural predators, highly improbable vegetative phenomena, and even a peculiar geological anomaly which might fit the bill, but she's still got insufficient data upon which to make a firm determination...but the report of tentacles is quickly narrowing down the field. While her brain is working double-time, she follows Church's lead and starts firing at the shadow-shrouded shape up in the trees, reporting to the others nearby, "Hawk's got the truck off to the east."

Everyone's radio crackles to life with Murphy's voice as if in answer to Arjay, "What the hell are you lookin' at? Did we find Church? Let me guess, it's some kind of big-o monster. It would have to be to catch a juicer off guard. This is why I don't do them rifts things. Did I tell you 'bout that slime monster that one time? Just freaky as hell." Murphy can't see much of anything but trees in the direction of his teammates, but he does notice when a light bell rings from the instrument panel notifying him of an access request at the passenger side airlock. (If you're going to use sensors, you need to specify which as such are uniquely specific in their functions. These are detailed in the vehicle stats which are posted in the group forum here.)

A flurry of tentacular action splits the dark of the canopy above as the firing starts. Tentacles seem to explode toward each of the proximate members of the group. Church jukes one that looks suspiciously familiar as it's oozing and scorched, but gets blindsided by another which catches him across the small of his back and sends him flying face-first into the underbrush from the slapping impact. Arjay attempts to deflect the tentacle that's zipping towards her both is both too slow, and far too weak to do so. A tentacle is wrapped about her midsection, and she quickly finds herself being hauled bodily off the ground and into the air and towards the dark canopy. Phil likewise finds himself ensnared around his ankles, before he can release his second shot. Unlike Arjay who was immediately yanked aloft, Phil is being drug across the forest floor towards the same point. Rachel tries not to trip over a sinewy tree root and stumbles forward even as a tentacle snatches at the air where she was just standing; she seems to avoid similar ensnarement or abuse like the others by dumb luck.

What are your intentions?
MAP
Image

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: NG-P7: 8/-3 shots (ensnared)
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-4 shots (-1 APM next round)
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-1 shot (ensnared)
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:48 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 49 / 34%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 27

Constant Effects:
-- Cannot be surprised/attacked, even from behind.
-- Virtually impervious to pain.


With a thwack Church flies again like a rag doll. Dammit! Leonard reassesses the situation. Blast the forest down and see what pops out. Or... He snatches the helmet that is attached to him and slaps it on his head activating the multi-optics inside. The dark canopy lights up for him. Whoah!

If Church was Ahab, this tentacled creature was his Moby Dick. This whale, Church wasn't going to let it go either. Finding his target, he aims and fires yet again.

Initiative -- 1d20+7 = 25 [Make removable]
Action 1 - Put on Helmet
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 21 | Damage: 6d6 = 19
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 14 | Damage: 6d6 = 17
Aimed Shot (2 APM) @ Creature in the tree's - 1d20+6 = 26(Nat20!) | Damage: 6d6 = 27 (54MD!)
Action 7 - Reserved for Dodging as needed - 1d20+9 = 27
AutoDodge as needed -- (+6 not added in) 8d20:
20, 17, 20, 12, 14, 11, 20, 11
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:13 am

Perception: 30% / 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 74
Conditions: Young, out of his league fighting a giant monster, heavily soiled draws.

Augur wrote:He circles back following its obvious tracks to the North and spies it idling between two copses of trees just East of where he'd run from. He rushes to the far side of the Wolftrack, interposing it between himself and whatever the hell was in the trees. The airlock's security panel shows only a cold, unresponsive red when he hammers on it.


William makes his way back to the wolf track and thumps on the Airlock control in frustration, Really?! Locked out. And is that sweat, or... William ignores the last thought as he radios Murphy, "Murphy, Did you lock the airlock? Let me in." William stands by the airlock, nervous and alone, watching the trees and tree tops around him. Hurry up man! He knocks on the airlock door as if Murphy might hear him trying to gain access, "Murphy!"

William wonders in a panic, Where are the others? Did they not run? If I can just get inside, maybe I can man one of the other weapon systems. I just need to get inside. As he waits time seems to move eternally slow, Why the hell do we have the airlock engaged right now anyway? If/When the airlock door opens, William will get inside and start to cycle it through to finish getting into the wolf track.

Initiative (+0): 1d20 = 4
Non-Combat Action: 4
Run 90 ft per action
Action 1: Call Murphy, request access to the wolf track.
Action 2: Wait for Airlock to cycle, soil pants further.
Action 3: Continue to wait for the airlock to cycle, contemplate horrible ways to die from an angry tentacle.
Action 4: (Hopefully) get into airlock and start to cycle through to the other side.

Contingency: William will dodge as needed while waiting for the airlock to cycle

Dodges (+4 included):
1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 21
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/25%
JIC: 1d100 = 28/1d20 = 17

Hawk spots the light and quickly hits the switch to open the airlock. "Whichever one of you it is get your ass in here."

As he goes over the sensors he doesn't picking up anything. "What the hell man I ain't seeing shit. Wait check the radar dumb-ass." With that he pulls up the radar to see if it finds what everyone is yelling about in the trees. Whatever the out come from the radar he pulls up the targeting computer and with it inline with the combat computer he will look for a target. As the computers do their thing it dawns on him. "Crap man, I can't fire off the missiles from here." He jumps up and high-tails it back to the launcher.

Initiative: 1d20 = 14
Action 1: Let William into the airlock
Action 2: Use the Radar
Action 3: Use Targeting computer
Action 4: Run to the rear mini-missile launcher.

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 87/55% --- Radar
Weapon Systems: 1d100 = 21/65% --- Targeting computer
1d100 = 97
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 99
Attks: 4
Init: 1d20 = 15

Arjay clicks her helmet mic and says, "Well frak. Looks like it has me now.". With the ease that the monster pulled her up off the ground she's sure it could crush her in an instant if she hadn't been wearing her armor.

Deciding the ground is a much better place to be right now, she pulls her rifle up and presses the barrel to the tentacle extending off her midsection. Squeezing the trigger a few times she hopes the creature will let her go, though she's not looking forward to the fall. Or rather, the landing.

Dammit girl, your the doctor, not freaking Johnnie Rico, savior of the Terran Federation. You're smarter than this.

If the monster lets her go, Arjay will run back toward the truck, or at least far enough back to be out of range of the tentacles.

1. fire rifle at tentacle. Strike 1d20+1 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
2. fire rifle at tentacle. Strike 1d20+1 = 20 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 MD
3. fire rifle at tentacle. Strike 1d20+1 = 5 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
4. Roll with fall: 1d20+2 = 15
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 42/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 84
Conditions: Ensnared.

Initiative: 1d20 = 7
Number of attacks: 4

Action One: Shift rifle to off hand, draw Vibro-Knife.
Action Two: Called Shot Tentacle with Vibro-Knife. (Strike: 1d20 = 2; Damage: 1d6 = 5 M.D.)
Action Three: Called Shot Tentacle with Vibro-Knife. (Strike: 1d20 = 20 Nat 20!; Damage: 1d6 = 3 6 M.D.)
Action Four: Called Shot Tentacle with Vibro-Knife. (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d6 = 3 M.D.)

Contingency Actions: If the Tentacle is released.
Action Three: Sheath Knife.
Action Four: Activate multi-optic band nightvision.

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 7.
Dodges if Parrying isn't an Option: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 24.

Phil draws a breath, it is one of annoyance. Well the was amateurish of me. Phil thinks as he calmly swaps the primary hand of his rifle and draws his Vibro-Knife. First get free, then chastise yourself. Phil thinks again as he slashes at the tentacle at his ankles. "Let go!"
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 75
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
APM: 5

Rachel freezes as she realizes she barely avoided being grabbed by the creature thanks to her clumsiness. That was close! Rachel thinks to herself as she tries to figure out the best course of action. Should she stay and help her teammates? Or go back to the vehicle and get more firepower? Given how dark it is, Rachel worries she would just hit one of her new teammates if she tries to shoot, so she says over the radio. ”I'm going to the vehicle to get more firepower!” Rachel then runs back to the truck, doing her best to not trip over anything on the way. If she sees William, she says ”Arjay and Phil got grabbed by that thing. We need to help them!”

Actions
1. tries to figure out best course of action
2. tells team she's going back to truck
3.-4. runs back to truck
5. talks to William

Auto-Parry, if needed: 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 14
Dodges: 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 20
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0640.5
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Church unleashes a trio of shots into the large figure shrouded in canopy shadows as Rachel and Phil both attack the individual tentacles which are holding them. Rachel flees the scene after relaying her intention to get more firepower. The thing in the trees lurches into view as it snaps its tentacles to violently free Arjay and Phil alike. It's the pale, gray body of an alien spider walking on enormously long stilt-like legs. Multiple compound eyes on the underside of its body look down upon Church, Arjay, and Phil as it seems to retreat back away from the trio, and northward back into a denser patch of forest.
Image

Murphy keys the release for the airlock. As William enters and starts cycling through it, Murphy checks radar: it shows nothing but a sea of return. He then rushes back towards the rear mini-missile launcher, only to realize upon arrival that as a fixed rear mount, the launcher only points at and can only target things directly behind the Wolftrack. As William's wait mercifully comes to an end and the airlock's opposing hatch opens, he turns in time to see the airlock seal shut behind him and Rachel yelling at him through the airlock interposed between them. Her voice is heavily muffled by the multiple layers of material, but he can still make out her words. "Arjay and Phil got grabbed by that thing. We need to help them!"
MAP
Image

What are your intentions?
MAP
Image

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: NG-P7: 8/-3 shots (ensnared)
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-7 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-1 shot (ensnared)
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:53 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 100
Attks: 4
Init: 1d20 = 11

Arjay gets to her feet and moves up to Church's position as she click's in over her armor's radio, "I'm free of the damned thing. Looks like some giant spider-thing. Legs look like tree trunks and tentacles snatch you up. If this is the only one, I say we take it down. If there's more, well, then its time to go." Yeah! More than one of these things and I'll drag Church back to the truck myself.

As she moves up to Church, she starts firing at the body of the creature. "Did Phil get free? Have you seen the rest of the team?"

1-2. Move/talk
3. Strike 1d20+1 = 8 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
4. Strike 1d20+1 = 18 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 MD

Dodge as needed: 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 3, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 6
Last edited by Arjay on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 93

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

"You ain't getting away that easy!" Church's arrogance starts to show, as the Juicer moves into a spot for a better shot at the alien spider like creature. He starts to aim and fire again, when Arjay comes up next to him. "Phil? I think it released him. You should get to him and make sure he gets back to the Wolftrack. I'll cover your backs." He fires another shot at the spider like creature.

Hopefully there isn't any more around here, or we are going to get into some trouble....

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 13
Action 1 & 2: Aimed Strike: Spider | 1d20+6 = 9 | Damage: 4d6 = 8
Action 3 & 4: Aimed Strike: Spider | 1d20+6 = 17 | Damage: 4d6 = 15
Action 5 & 6: Aimed Strike: Spider | 1d20+6 = 8 | Damage: 4d6 = 7
Action 7: Not sure if these count...
Action 8: Not sure if these count...
Parries (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 21

Auto-Dodges (+6 included):
1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 19
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 55
Conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 = 19
Number of attacks: 4

Action One: Put on Multi-Optics Band.
Action Two: Fire Custom Hunting Rail Rifle at creature. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 4; Damage: 5d6 = 16 M.D.)
Action Three: Fire Custom Hunting Rail Rifle at creature. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 17; Damage: 5d6 = 18 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire Custom Hunting Rail Rifle at creature. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 11; Damage: 5d6 = 15 M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 24.
Dodges if Unable to Parry: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 8.

Phil now free of his ensnarement, grabs the Multi-optics bad from his vest and slips it on quickly. Once it's in place and the software begins feeding him data, Phil still in his prone position uses one of his knees as a bench rest preparing to take shots at the creature. Unlikely that I'll kill it, but maybe if it's wounded enough it'll run away. Phil thinks as he fires his first shot. Or it kills us all. Phil continues to think as he fires again. Phil fires a third time for good measure.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:22 am

Perception: 30% / 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 75
Conditions: Highly confused and hopeful he doesn't shoot a team mate. Keenly aware of the mushy mess in his drawers and the need for a long hot shower.

William turns to see Rachel, Dammit! Do we really need these blasted airlocks? William quickly closes his door and cycles the airlock so at least Rachel can get inside and start the cycle for her to get in the wolftrack. So much time lost. I hope they are all right.

William look sat the next airlock, knowing the larger weapons are controlled in the front but quickly decides the extra lost time isn't worth the additional fire power. He make his way to the light-Machine gun station and takes a seat, What the hell am I doing? I don't know how to use this thing. Readying the weapon and taking what he supposes is good aim at the creature he fires on the spider while speaking over the radio, "William on the machine gun. Its new to me. Sorry. Holding the trigger gives a slight thrill to the young man as the bullets cycle through. in the split second of a moment he almost forgets they are under attack but quickly returns his focus to what he is shooting.

Initiative (+0): 1d20 = 8
Actions: 4
Action 1: Close Airlock door and hit cycle button
Action 2: Move to light machine gun turret
Action 3: Fire Machine gun on spider with 50 round burst, Strike(-6 no WP): 1d20-6 = 5, Damage: 1d4 = 3
Action 4: Fire Machine gun on spider with 50 round burst, Strike(-6 no WP): 1d20-6 = 5, Damage: 1d4 = 1

Contingency: If William shoots a team member, he will stop firing.

Dodges (+4 included):
Non dodges as he doesn't believe anything in the wolf track is attacking him
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20 = 13
APM: 5

Rachel scowls when the door closes between her and William and she has to wait for the airlock door to cycle again before she can get inside. Hopefully the others are ok!

"I'm free of the damned thing. Looks like some giant spider-thing. Legs look like tree trunks and tentacles snatch you up. If this is the only one, I say we take it down. If there's more, well, then its time to go."


Rachel sighs with relief when she hears that Arjay is free. She raises an eyebrow and replies over the radio. ”Is it still attacking? If not, I think it's best that we get the hell out of dodge instead of pursuing it.”

Actions
1. scowls as door to Wolftrack closes between her and William
2. waits for airlock to open
3. waits for airlock to open
4. waits for airlock to open
5. talks to Arjay on radio

Auto-Parry, if needed: 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 17
Dodges: 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 10
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0640.75
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Phil gets a couple shots into the strange hide of the thing after slipping on his optics band, Church avoids a couple more slapping tentacle attacks, and Arjay radios from mid-air as she's slapped into the clearing near Phil before getting to one knee and putting a couple shots into the spider-thing as it continues to retreat. Great gouts of purplish black ichor rain down from the canopy from where the monster retreats, and it suddenly veers Northeast and out of sight of the trio in the trees.

Murphy, from his position in the rear of the vehicle manning the missile launcher, misses his chance to see the enormous spider-thing cross the clearing and head into the woods to the Northeast of the Wolftrack. William catches a glimpse of it, but it's too far out of the machine gun's firing arc to be targeted. Rachel, on the other hand, standing outside the Wolftrack gets to see it in all its horror as it lumbers across the brief clearing spilling pools of unnatural horror across the earth as it moves into the trees. She takes in every detail her mind will allow: at least seven eyes, six legs, and what looked to be four tentacles hanging down through a few of those seemed to be tattered or hanging together by little more than sinew and orneriness. She then hurries into the airlock and communicates over the radio while it cycles.

Meanwhile, back in the trees, Church's senses are overcome with a horrible smell emanating from due North of his position...from whatever that peculiar heap is at the edge of the trees.

MAP
Image

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 41

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

Church's senses are still hyped as the artificial adrenaline pumps through his veins. The creature lumbers away from the combat. I can go and try to kill it... Then he quickly remembers how one was able to sneak up on him, and knock him out. "'Member, Where there is one, there are usually more..." he speaks aloud to no one in particular. Triggering his radio, "Keep your eyes peeled, there could be some stragglers."

A strong stench from the north wafts by "Woah, what is that smell? Phil did you not get your weekly shower?" the quick acting juicer smiles at the Dinosaur Hunter. "Looks like there is something over here. Cover my six, and keep your eyes up as well as down. That thing blends in way too well." Church leads the path to the mound to the North.

"What do we have here," Church keeps his rifle in his hands and survey's the mound, prepared for a critter to pounce out of it.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 23
Action 1:
Action 2:
Action 3:
Action 4:
Action 5:
Action 6:
Action 7:
Parries (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 20

Auto-Dodges (+6 included):
1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 18
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 64

Arjay moves up to Church's old position as he moves in to inspect the odd mound. Her eyes trace the trail of ichor as she scans the trees for any sign of the monster's return. "I've got your back guys but make it quick, who knows if that thing just ran off or went for help." Clicking on her radio, she calls in, "Roger that Rachel. I couldn't agree more but the guys are checking out something odd. We should be back shortly. Give us a shout if you see that thing coming back or anything else we should be on the watch for."

Arjay keeps one eye on the lookout for the spider creature and the other focus on Church and Phil. Frak! That slap dented my armor and I'll likely need a muscle relaxer tonight or I'm going to wake up sore and stiff tomorrow. I'll need to check out Church and Phil too. Make sure they're okay after this encounter.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:21 am

Perception: 30% / 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 59
Conditions: Extremely concerned and skeptical such an enormous beast would run from them.

William loses site of the spider before he is able to fire on it, Dammit! He hears the radio traffic start to come in and is a bit relieved as it sounds like the creature is no longer attacking. But where did it go? William quickly makes his way to the front of the wolf track to look out the window. Slowed by the airlock he curses internally, Do we really need these damned things?

Once inside the control room he looks through the window to see if he can catch a glimpse of where it went then down to the controls and sensors. I don’t even know how to run the damn sensors. he thinks to himself as he attempts to find the spider using the

Looking out at all the trees William quickly realizes that Radar may be near useless, so he looks for a way to run a thermo image. He keys up the radio, ”I’m in the cockpit. Trying to run a thermo scan. I’ve never used this stuff. I’ll let you know if I find the damn thing.” As William fiddles with the controls a thought creeps into his mind, That old guy said he always stops here. Pretty crazy he didn't know about this thing. Or did he?


skills
Unskilled sensor check – 1d100 = 79 vs Base: Sensory Equipment 30% (- GM penalties)
Attempt to run a thermo scan in the direction William lost sight of the spider creature.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 99
Conditions: Multi-Optics Band (Nightvision).

Detect Concealment 1d100 = 44/45% Pass (Find stuff hidden in the corpse pile.)

Church wrote:Triggering his radio, "Keep your eyes peeled, there could be some stragglers."


Phil nods and moves closer to the Juicer.

Church wrote:A strong stench from the north wafts by "Woah, what is that smell? Phil did you not get your weekly shower?" the quick acting juicer smiles at the Dinosaur Hunter. "Looks like there is something over here. Cover my six, and keep your eyes up as well as down. That thing blends in way too well." Church leads the path to the mound to the North.


Phil just shakes his head. "Funny coming from a tweaker." Phil says with a snort, before turning to keep an eye behind them. Once the duo find the pile of dead bodies. Phil sighs. "Either we disturbed it's nest, or this just happens to be it's normal hunting grounds." Phil says with a bit of backwoods hunting wisdom.

"I'm guessing one of us has to go down there and rummage around for anything salvageable. I guess I'll do it, but I get first dibs." Phil says to the others around.

Phil steels himself against the smell, not something he hasn't smelled before, but it doesn't make it less unpleasant, before beginning to rumage through the pile of offal.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:42 pm

((rolls carried over))

"Hah," Church chuckles a little at the word tweaker. "Dibs? There is no dibs in this group. It's what can be used, and what can't be on the mission. Then it's a buyback special from the Agency." The juicer smirks at the buyback scenario. "The only way we are going to get some real cash on this mission, is to bring back a truckload of stuff." Letting those words sink in for a second, so he gives Phil a quick boost of confidence, "Now get in there and get your hands dirty. Who knows, Arjay might classify this as your bath if your lucky."

As Church looks up into the tree's to make sure another one of those creatures doesn't attack, he muses to himself. Money, we need some real cash coming in. Maybe we can get a side job to deliver cargo on our way out to a specific location. We are already traveling in that direction, it could be a win, win situation.
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:22 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 0645
Environmental Effects: 70°, early morning
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, just North of Federation of Magic


Church keeps an eye on Phil, and Arjay keeps an eye on Church while Phil wades into a pile of what he can only surmise is demonic-spider-thing poop. In it he finds any number of skeletal remains. The skull of a deer, the largely dissolved and deteriorated remains of some alien creature with six legs, and two humanoid corpses as well. One of the humanoid corpses still appears to be wearing a suit of armor, and attacked to a largely deteriorated harness is a knife. Elsewhere in the pile he finds an energy rifle with a skeletal hand still attached to it.

"What the hell you think you're doing?! Get outta my scat-pile! This is my claim!" interrupts a voice from the trees, and Pete, the stinky fellow from the campsite emerges from the trees. He's brandishing an energy rifle of his own, and Church is shocked and dumbfounded as to how the scraggly man managed to appear from seemingly out of nowhere and get the drop on the lot of them.

What are your intentions?

MAP
Image

Scat Pile
Code: Select all
[b]Vibro-Knife[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/12/20170712155317-0a398006.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Damage: 1D6 M.D.
[*]Payload: 1 E-Clip will last for approximately 1 hour of use
[*]Weight: 1 lbs.
[*]Features: None
[*]Modifiers: None
[*]Book Reference: p.259, R:UE[/list][/size]


Code: Select all
[b]WI-AL18 Assault Laser Rifle[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/11/24/20171124091839-f7f88b2c.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 1,600'
[*]Damage: 2D6+2 M.D., 6D6+3 M.D. burst
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots & 3-shot pulse bursts only
[*]Payload: 21 shots per E-clip, 42 per LE-clip
[*]Weight: 7 lbs.
[*]Features: W.P. Energy Rifle
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike
[*]Book Reference: p.99, MercOps[/list][/size]


Code: Select all
[b]GAW Mark II Battlefield Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083944-2c81a92c.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helmet: 25
[*]Arms: 10 each
[*]Legs: 25 each
[*]Main Body: 38[/list]
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]Made of S.D.C. materials, vulnerable to S.D.C. weapons[/list]
Book Reference: p.120, MercOps[/size]


Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby William James » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 am

Perception: 30% / 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 36
Conditions: Frustrated by the seemingly endless amount of buttons and switches in the cockpit.

William scours the control panel, How the hell do i run a thermo scan? Frustrated and nervous he radios the team, "I can't find the thermo scan guys. Does anyone see the thing? Everyone alright?" William turns to look back at the airlock, considering going back through, Where the heck is Murphy? He would know how to work this dang thing.

William gives up on the scans and attempts to turn on the external audio pickup, Why does it have to be so hard?", he wonders as he searches for the switch.

Skills
Unskilled sensor check – 1d100 = 89 vs Base: Sensory Equipment 30% (- GM penalties)
Attempt to turn on the external audio pickup.
William James Rainwood

PPE: 3 / 3
HP: 23 / 23
S.D.C: 92 / 92

Active Conditions: None
User avatar
William James
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 35

Sensory equipment 1d100 = 47, 1d100 = 60 (62%)

"Roger that Rachel. I couldn't agree more but the guys are checking out something odd. We should be back shortly. Give us a shout if you see that thing coming back or anything else we should be on the watch for."


As she waits to get inside the Wolftrack, Rachel frowns before relying to Arjay over the radio. ”Be careful. This thing could be leading you into an ambush where a bunch more of these things are waiting. We'll let you know if we see anything on the scans headed your way.”

Once she gets back inside, Rachel heads to where William is and studies the controls. ”We might need Murphy's help with this, but let me give it a try.” Rachel then tries to get the sensors working so they can keep an eye out on the rest of the team.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:57 am

GM Mini-Update

Meanwhile back in the Wolftrack...
William continues to blunder around the instrument panel in the pilot's compartment to no avail. It suddenly dawns upon him that he has zero knowledge or experience with all these sophisticated electronics. All the knobs, buttons, switches...they're like an alien alphabet he has yet to decipher, and the intermittent labels associated with these things? Like foreign hieroglyphics. Rachel makes her way through the airlock and makes a mental note to deactivate the internal doors when they're safely back on the road. She makes her way to the pilot's compartment and sees William blundering about quite cluelessly. "We might need Murphy's help with this, but let me give it a try." she suggests as she moves into William's space and does a survey of the instruments. There's the ground effect radar, an HF and UHF radio comms system, a loudspeaker, an external audio pickup, controls for the spotlights, the (thankfully covered) ejection & self-destruct systems, the security system controls, the life support system controls, and the combat computer interface. Being a competent operator, Rachel knows full well that Radar is pretty much useless in woods, and other than that there's no visually-related equipment...aside from the spotlights that is. Murphy is still in the aft end of the Wolftrack looking for monsters to shoot with the missile turret.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/36%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 7
Conditions: None.

Augur wrote:"What the hell you think you're doing?! Get outta my scat-pile! This is my claim!" interrupts a voice from the trees, and Pete, the stinky fellow from the campsite emerges from the trees. He's brandishing an energy rifle of his own, and Church is shocked and dumbfounded as to how the scraggly man managed to appear from seemingly out of nowhere and get the drop on the lot of them.


Phil just shakes his head. "You could have warned us then old timer. Unless you had hoped it would eat us too?" Phil says as he climbs away from the pile. "I wouldn't be too hasty with that gun there, my friends have itchy trigger fingers." Phil says rather plainly. "And the guy driving the truck likely would run you and your camp over with the hulking vehicle we came in. But hey you do you." Phill says as he tries to scrape off any offending gunk he may have on him. This is gonna stink for a while till I clean it I guess. Next trip a steam of some sort. Phil thinks looking at Pete, with a not particularly worried look on his face. I've hunted dinosaurs and dimensional critters, an old man with a gun isn't that scary.

"Lets leave the man to his treasures and get going, this leg of the trip hasn't done us any favors yet."

If Pete doesn't start anything, Phil will go back to the Wolftrack and strip out of his armor, to stow it in one of the airlocks, before climbing in and taking his seat. "Let's get out of here."

If Pete starts something
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
Number of attacks: 4

Action One: Fire rifle at Pete. (Stirke: 1d20+1 = 10; Damage: 5d6 = 13 M.D.)
Action Two: reload.
Action Three: Fire rifle at Pete. (Stirke: 1d20+1 = 9; Damage: 5d6 = 18 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire rifle at Pete. (Stirke: 1d20+1 = 6; Damage: 5d6 = 21 M.D.)

Dodge if armor is at 50%: 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 24.
Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 18.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 19 | 1d100 = 7

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

Stinky Pete catches Church by surprise, even with that Church's drug harness pumps enough chemicals into his system to let the fear and surprise almost immediately dissipate. Leaving a cool, calm, and collected hyper-active mercenary. Whoah! Where did he come from...

Phil pipes up before Church can say anything to the scavenger. Church smiles big as he knows Stinky Pete is eyeballing him as the potential threat Phil mentions. "You don't want to dive any further?" Church shrugs, "Your call."

If Pete decides to attack....
Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 23
Action 1&2: Aimed Strike @ Pete: 1d20+7 = 14 | Damage: 4d6 = 20
Action 3&4: Aimed Strike @ Pete: 1d20+7 = 11 | Damage: 4d6 = 11
Action 5&6: Aimed Strike @ Pete: 1d20+7 = 26 | Damage: 4d6 = 9
Action 7&8: Aimed Strike @ Pete: 1d20+7 = 18 | Damage: 4d6 = 13
Parries (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 19

Auto-Dodges (+6 included):
1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 22
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 38

Arjay lowers her rifle, or at least keeps it pointing away from the old man. "I'm with Phil. Lets just get the hell out of here and leave the old man to his treasures." Her words trail off with heavy sarcasm. Mental note, never be the last person to drive during the day. I don't want to ever get blamed for picking where we overnight again.

Provided the boys don't start a fight, Arjay continues, "Church, lets just get to where we're supposed to be going. Its likely that spider thing is just going to wander away and bleed out, then die." She shrugs and stands more loosely but still keeps her rifle tucked into her shoulder as her eyes keep shifting to scan the woods. This place could still have something dangerous to worry about, even if we did actually end up killing the spider.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030
Environmental Effects: 65°
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, approximately 70-80 miles East-Southeast of New Lazlo


Phil determines that the costs potentially outweigh the material rewards of the scat pile salvage and shrugs off the material loss of the potential salvage. Phil extracts himself from the muck cautiously and heads for the Wolftrack, content to let the old guy keep his filthy lucre. Church and Arjay follow Phil's lead, and within minutes the Wolftrack is underway, cautiously exploring the westward path until they find a continuation of the trail from the previous night and make their way through the heavy brush and cavalcade of plasteel dinosaur statues.

They continue their trek across the densely wooded and difficult to navigate geography of the region between New Lazlo and the haunted hellscape of the Chicago ruins. It's painstaking work, but with Phil's practiced senses, Church and Rachel's alertness, Arjay's analytic mind, and Murphy's skills behind the wheel, they manage to come to the hill indicated in their dossier. The "ancient base" should be located somewhere in the vicinity of this hill according to the dossier. The "hill" noted is actually more of a ridgeline. The rocky outcropping runs Northwest to Northeast for about a mile. It looks to be about a hundred and fifty feet higher (at its highest points) than the Southwestern side's wooded rolling hills. There's about an hour of daylight left as the group lets the Wolftrack's engine run idle. They're about a mile from the "hill" itself, and the vehicle is mostly obscured by the woods.

Image

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
William:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 21

Archaeology 64%/54%=1d100 = 48

Arjay looks out the front windshield of the Wolftrack at the ridge line. She analyses it as best she can from her viewpoint, trying to determine if there is a natural geographical feature of the cliff face that would make a good place to put a base. To put a hidden base? She looks around some more trying to see if any of the features of the cliff face seem out of place with those around it. Then her eyes lift up and judge how much sun is left in the day. Giving her head a shake she says, "The sun will be down before we can get much field work done. I say we button up for the night and start fresh in the morning. Use the time now to charge up our weapons and repair anything we need to."

Arjay turns from the window and makes her way into the crew compartment. She pulls the E-Clip from her rifle and sets it up to be recharged before grinning over at Phil, "So, you got any ideas about what's for dinner?" I may be able to stitch these guys up and keep them alive but their gonna find out real quick I can't cook my way out of a wet paper bag.
Last edited by Arjay on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/25%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 100

"You know what guy and girls; I think we should call it a day as well. With what went down and how much of a pain in the ass it was getting here I say we wait until morning too. That type of driving takes it toll on a person and I'm bushed. So, what do say we get washed up, get some grub and share a few stories before gettin' some shut eye."

Murphy will let everyone take a shower before he hops in himself. What he really wants to know is how much power is left in the batteries and will they have enough to get to the second site and still get home. The first thing he does is check the instrument panel for the charge levels on the batteries. Next up will be exactly how many miles they traveled to this point. From there he will figure out the usage for that distance and then check to see if the computer breaks down that usage from traveling and idle. Once all the numbers have been run, he will look over the map for the distances to the next spot and from there to home. He will run the same figures in power usage for those and add on 20% just to be safe. If things don't seem to be working out, he will seek out Arjay and William to make sure his math is correct.

"Well Suzy, let's see how much juice you have left and brake out the o'l pencil and paper to make sure we can visit both sites and still make it home."

Skills
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 45/55% (read the instrument panel for battery power level)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 29/55% (read the instrument panel for actual distance traveled)
Mathematics: Basic: 1d100 = 25/80% (figure out the usage for the distance traveled)
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 51/65% (see if the computer breaks down that usage from traveling and idle)
Navigation: 1d100 = 38/70% (look over the map for the distances to the next spot and from there to home)
Mathematics: Basic: 1d100 = 48/80% (figure out the usage for the distance to be traveled plus 20%)
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Previous

Return to Frontiersmen Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest