Episode 1: First outing

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 34

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

Northern Gun armor, Quebec rifle... Church watches the mercenary at distance. His heartbeat is calmed by the harness as he waits a bit longer than he initially anticipated. Either we have the Quebec scouting out this facility, or... no, we have the French... waiting he watches the full ridge line to see if another pass. Counting how much time between the next patrol comes through.

After about 25 minutes or a few minutes after the next guard walks by, Church heads back to the truck. "Okay guys, looks like we have some mercenaries up here. Merc's jacked up and are probably real combat savvy. So we need to be on our 'A' Game out here." He looks at the team. "Let's use the vegetation here to try and cover up the Wolftrack. Make it a little less visible. Thoughts?"

When folks are ready, he starts to show them how he feels what's needed to hide the WolfTrack. He places large branches to cover any shiny bits of the Wolftrack, specifically windows, mirrors, and any chrome bits.

Camouflage -- 1d100 = 22 / 43%

Combat Rolls if Needed
Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 7
Action 1:
Action 2:
Action 3:
Action 4:
Action 5:
Action 6:
Action 7:
Parries (+9 included): 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 26
Auto-Dodges (+6 included):1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 13
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/39%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 70
Conditions: None.


Phil sits and eats his food, still a little sad about the lack of actual fresh products. Soon we'll stock the larder with edible goods that aren't just processed meals. The dinosaur hunter thinks as he mulls over the current situation.

Murphy Hawkings wrote:"Well I need to let you know that the Wolftrack can only go up to the base of the hill.
From what I can tell the road leading up to where we need to go is only about 8' ft wide and ol' Suzy is 20'. Arjay, when we get done with a plan do you think you can go over some numbers with me?


Phil nods. "I reckon we'll have to go by foot. Likely the best idea considering we're not exactly skilled at using most of the hardware onboard, and wouldn't want to see the truck smashed up in the first place." Phil says knowledgeably.

Church wrote:"Okay guys, looks like we have some mercenaries up here. Merc's jacked up and are probably real combat savvy. So we need to be on our 'A' Game out here." He looks at the team. "Let's use the vegetation here to try and cover up the Wolftrack. Make it a little less visible. Thoughts?"


Phil snorts at the idea. "You planning on cutting down a whole tree worth of branches to hide this thing. It's as big as big gets, if they haven't found us yet, I doubt they're finding us tonight. But since you'se the boss and all, I'll try and help I guess." Phil says before following Church outside to try and pull off the impossible task of hiding something larger than a bus in relative plain site.

Camouflage 1d100 = 2/60% Crit Success! (To hide the Wolftrack from casual observation.)
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 5, 111 P.A.
Time: 2130
Environmental Effects: 63°, nighttime (50' visibility)
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, approximately 70-80 miles East-Southeast of New Lazlo


How Phil managed to transform a bunch of MREs into a delicious meal fit for a fine dining establishment (minus presentation) is a mystery that only adds delight and deliciousness to the unusualness of the occasion. Everyone present digs in and clamors about how remarkably good the food is. Rachel ends up eating a portion of Murphy's meal like a bad date role reversal, and everybody gets a chuckle out of Arjay's humorous self-correction. As they finish clearing their plates, Church slips into the Wolftrack and into the common area.

"Okay guys, looks like we have some mercenaries up here. Merc's jacked up and are probably real combat savvy. So we need to be on our 'A' Game out here." He looks at the team. "Let's use the vegetation here to try and cover up the Wolftrack. Make it a little less visible. Thoughts?"

At the mention of a plan Murphy finally brings his knowledge to the table. "Well I need to let you know that the Wolftrack can only go up to the base of the hill. From what I can tell the road leading up to where we need to go is only about 8' ft wide and ol' Suzy is 20'. Arjay, when we get done with a plan do you think you can go over some numbers with me?

Phil adds, "I reckon we'll have to go by foot. Likely the best idea considering we're not exactly skilled at using most of the hardware onboard, and wouldn't want to see the truck smashed up in the first place." As the light outside is quickly fading, Arjay and Rachel hustle to get the common area clean while Church and Phil drag Murphy outside. Under Phil's direction the three of them cut down a number of mid-sized trees, raid the underbrush, and effectively create a lean-to of trees which helps block the vehicle from casual observation; the raided underbrush is poked and stashed everywhere along the Wolftrack's body to create a half-ass, tank-sized ghillie suit for the massive vehicle.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36/39%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 28
Conditions: None.

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 1d100 = 71/65% Fail (Clean his Armor)
Cook (Professional) 1d100 = 78/60% Fail (Cook up a breakfast.)
Prowl 1d100 = 37/62% Pass (Keep the noise down while he makes breakfast.)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 7/60% Pass (What is set to ambush us?)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 77/50% Fail (What may be concealed down below?)
Prowl 1d100 = 23/72% Pass (Sneak onto the ridge for a look about.)

Phil is actually surprised at the results. "Well I'll be damned." Almost immediately afterwards Phil heads inside to grab his soiled armor, that is in need of a cleaning. Phil will sit under the Wolftrack, given the vehicles clearance and work on cleaning the majority of the filth off of his armor. Stupid scat pile, making a mess of my suit. Wasn't the worst though... That time Micah fell into the Brono pile... Phil thinks with a soft chuckle of one of his adoptive brothers falling into a giant pile of dino crap.

Once Phil's satisfied that the armor is mostly clean, he'll make his way inside and find his bunk. Sleep takes him rather quickly, with the work and the food acting in a nice counter-balance to his tiredness. Unless something jars him awake, Phil will sleep through the night to awaken early, as is his custom. Groggily he'll rummage through the stored food for breakfast stuff and prepare it. Phil tries to do this in relative quiet as to not rouse his teammates too early.

Once Phil has made food, and made sure it's not bad tasting, he goes about getting ready for the day. Putting on his armor followed by his Ghillie Suit. Once geared up, Phil grabs his rifle and makes his way out of the Wolftrack to see what he can. Phil will sneak his way to the ridge and sight down into the area with his Multi-Optic Goggles, using Nightvision if need be.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/25%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 59

When the men finish up with the new decorations for the wolftrack Murphy steps back and looks the work over and goes to fist bump each of them. "Too right my friend. Considering the size of Suzy here I think we did a mighty fine job. What do ya think Church? Oh hey, no hard feelin's from when I called you a juiced meathead right? As you can see sometimes my mouth can get ahead of my brain." He stands outside just long enough to catch a whiff of Phil's armor and he bolts for the door. "Damn man that stinks to high hell. Good luck with that. You might want to take a shower when you are done. Matter of fact." Murph lifts up his arms and sniffs under them. "I'm in need of a good cleaning myself."

Once inside he grabs fresh cloths from his pack and heads to the bathroom to take a shower. Once cleaned up and his dirty clothes put away he goes to talk to Arjay. "Hey there smart one. Do you mind double checking my work. I just want to make sure we have enough juice left in them batteries to get back home."

Skills
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 63/55% (read the instrument panel for battery power level)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 87/55% (read the instrument panel for actual distance traveled)
Mathematics: Basic: 1d100 = 17/80% (figure out the usage for the distance traveled)
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 74/65% (see if the computer breaks down that usage from traveling and idle)
Navigation: 1d100 = 47/70% (look over the map for the distances to the next spot and from there to home)
Mathematics: Basic: 1d100 = 59/80% (figure out the usage for the distance to be traveled plus 20%)
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Perception: 41%: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 42

Sensory Equipment 64%=1d100 = 87
Electrical Engineer 64%=1d100 = 12
Mathematics: Basic 94%=1d100 = 66
Mathematics: Advanced 94%=1d100 = 50

Arjay looks concerned when Church says that there are mercs moving around out in the wilderness around them. "Any idea why they would be around this area, other than the same thing we're looking for? Do you think we stumbled into a fight waiting to happen?"

She gives a look around at the others, "I guess that's just more reason for us to move around as quietly as possible." She raises an eyebrow at Church, I hope this doesn't turn into a big a cluster as that damned tree spider thing. If our aim had been off, then old man would be scooping our gear up out of that scat pile. "I'm thinking we need to take watch shifts tonight. Church you should get some sleep tonight, even if its just a few hours. A couple of us can cover that at the very least."

Arjay moves up to the cab to indulge Murphy's request. She looks over the panels and does some math in her head before grinning and saying, "Hawk, you ever operate something with a solid oxide fuel system?" She cocks her head a little to the side as she gives the man a funny look. Tapping the readout she continues, "I think we'll be good on this trip, unless you run us around in circles for weeks. Looks like one fuel cells will get us something like 1,400 hours of constant use. We've got plenty of juice left to get home. When we take one of the long hauls, we'll need to bring some spares though or find an NG outpost along the way where we can fuel up."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 49

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

Murphy wrote:"What do ya think Church? Oh hey, no hard feelin's from when I called you a juiced meathead right? As you can see sometimes my mouth can get ahead of my brain."

"No hard feeling. Just make sure your mouth is shut tight when money is on the line. I don't want to lose a score, because you can't keep your fly trap shut." Church's tone is rather cold and detached. Working with backwater drivers is going to kill me..

Arjay wrote:"Any idea why they would be around this area, other than the same thing we're looking for? Do you think we stumbled into a fight waiting to happen?"


Church finishes his dinner, and nods in the assessment of Arjay. "I can't say for sure if they are looking for the same thing we are. Or that they are what we are supposed to be looking for. What I do know, is that we need to be careful. Otherwise we will be sleeping in shallow graves,, if we are lucky."

Arjay wrote: "I guess that's just more reason for us to move around as quietly as possible. I'm thinking we need to take watch shifts tonight. Church you should get some sleep tonight, even if its just a few hours. A couple of us can cover that at the very least."


"Okay, I'll get some sleep now. Everyone take a shift tonight, when I get up, I'll scout ahead and see if there are any continuing patrols. I'll keep in contact with the person up on shift." Finishing his meal, he gets up. "I'll be up in three hours." After he gets up, he heads inside the Wolftrack, takes off his armor and gets a comfortable spot. Then the drugs hits his system, and he goes out.

A few hours later, Church gets up and puts on his armor. "Okay, whose on watch? I'll reach out every 30 minutes. Two clicks, all quiet. Three clicks, get everyone up." With that, he has his rifle and nightvision goggles on, he creeps out into the wilderness to get an eye on the ridge.

Prowl -- 1d100 = 56 / 65% (to sneak into a spot to watch)
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 46 / 48% (to see if there is going to be some sort of attack)
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Sunday, June 6, 111 P.A.
Time: 0600
Environmental Effects: 50° (dawn)
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, approximately 70-80 miles East-Southeast of New Lazlo


Church takes a nap while the rest of the team cleans up after dinner and secures the vehicle. Arjay assures Murphy of the Wolftrack's capacity for extended travel, and points out the nature of the solid oxide system and how it makes possible incredible endurance on the part of the Wolftrack. After a few hours, Church rises, gets kitted out, and silently slips out into the night. During his scouting along their side of the ridge, Church catches sight of that same man from previously twice more during the night. Church isn't sure, but he thinks the man actually spots him at one point in the night, but if he does, he doesn't act on it. Church can't tell whether or not the man is on a scheduled patrol or if it's intermittent. He'd need a a lot of sightings over a long period of time to determine such, and a few instances aren't that.

When the sun begins to rise and Church returns to the Wolftrack, the smell of something attempting to simulate pancakes, bacon, and eggs greets his nose. This teasingly familiar scent tickles the senses of Rachel, Arjay, and Murphy as well, and causes them to stir from their sleep. The sun is just beginning to illuminate the horizon beneath the treeline as the group on the Wolftrack begins to stir. Phil quickly eats, gears up, and heads out to eyeball the ridge, passing Church on his way in. Dawn is a tricky time for optics, Phil recalls as he relies on his mark one eyeballs and telescopic lens. There's not a lot of movement beyond exactly what he'd expect from the local wildlife.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 83

"You can have the rest of mine. An old coot like me don't need to be eating as much and probably could stand to lose a few pounds." To show what his means he pats his small pot belly.


Rachel smiles at Murphy as she accepts the offered food. ”Thanks! This is so nice of you!” Rachel finishes eating the food and helps Arjay clean up the common area of the Wolftrack. Once that's done, Rachel signs up for her turn at watch during the night, keeping a close eye for any signs of trouble.

Waking up the next morning, Rachel rubs her eyes. I guess Church didn't need any help if he didn't give us the three click signal. Sitting up, Rachel blinks as she tries to determine the source of what she is smelling. Is that breakfast? Getting up, Rachel runs her fingers through her hair and ties it up in a messy pony tail heads outside to see who else is up.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Phil » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/39%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 17
Conditions: I'm a shrub with a gun.

Skills: Detect Ambush 1d100 = 11/60% Pass (What is set to ambush us?)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 96/50% Fail (What may be concealed down below?)
Prowl 1d100 = 50/72% Pass (Staying hidden on the ridge for a look about.)
Optic Systems 1d100 = 38/45% Pass (Fine tuning his optics.)

Phil lays quietly on the ridge line, just him, his Ghillie Suit and his rifle. Phil fuddles with his optics for a little bit switching between telescopic and thermal just looking for something out of the ordinary. So what is going on down there, and why is it going on down there? Phil muses to himself. Church said he saw a guy down there... Well patience is the key to a good hunt. Phil thinks as he settles in for a long watch.
Phil

P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 36
S.D.C.: 58

Conditions: None
User avatar
Phil
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Perception: 44%: 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 71

Arjay stirs in her bunk as the smells of breakfast rouse her. Swinging her feet over the edge she drops to the deck and boots up. Just catching site of Phil before he heads out she gives the chef a wave and finds the coffee first, "Thanks Phil"

When Church makes his way up, Arjay's got her plate loaded up and her second cup of coffee cooling on the table next to her. "What's the word Church? Did you see the merc on patrol again? Or was he just passing through yesterday?"

She gives Rachel and Hawk a nod as she takes a bite of bacon and pancakes before she turns back to Church, "Any idea on how we're going to go about our objectives? Seems like we're pretty close to objective one, find the place. We just need to work on the other three; gather any intel and tech of value, then destroy the structure."
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/25%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 65

After waking up Murphy makes his way to the food and makes himself a plate and a cup of coffee. When Arjay walks by and nods he raises his cup to her. When it is brought up about a plan he turns around to see what Church has to say. He adds his two cents if and when his name is thrown in. "Just to let you know you can count on me. I ain't sayin' I'm a amazing with a gun, its just I will do what needs to be done if I can do it." He will sit back and pay attention as the plan is drawn up.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 76

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

As Church makes his way back to the group, he whispers to Phil. "Be careful, there is a patrol and it's the same guy I spotted yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already found us here. Keep your eyes open, and your radio ready." With that he slinks back off into the woods back to the camp.

This is ripe to go south, minimal information on what we are looking for. Not to mention how much information we need to bring back to Ford. His eyes narrow as he looks around for anything out of the ordinary. As he walks back into camp, he grabs something that looks edible and takes a bite. I've had worse...

When everyone gathers around, except for Phil, Church lays out what he knows. "So, there is definitely some sort of military up here. A scout has been on patrol all night long and geared fairly well. Do we have any ay-vee gear. We may need to make some sort of recording of our visit if possible."

Prowl -- 1d100 = 23 / 65%
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 54 / 48%
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Augur » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Sunday, June 6, 111 P.A.
Time: 0630
Environmental Effects: 50° (early morning)
Ley Line Effects: None
Location: Wilderness, approximately 70-80 miles East-Southeast of New Lazlo


A little bit after Phil gets up, gets kitted, and leaves to begin observing the site from afar, Rachel, Arjay, and Murphy are up and speaking with one another when Church shows up and reports what he's seen in the wee hours. (See group chat & you're encouraged to use it to speed up what you intend to do in post.) Phil can tell that the "road" would be an easily observed route up the hillside, and so dangerous to follow directly. What strikes him as more peculiar however, is that in addition to now seeing what Murphy saw earlier, Phil notes that the "road" just seems to dead-end at a rocky and treacherous section of the hill that looks prone to rock and mud slides.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Arjay: Main Body: -9 M.D.C.; NG-P7: 8/-5 shots
Church: -11 S.D.C.; Main Body: -15 M.D.C.; C-12: 20/-10 shots
Murphy:
Phil: Hunting Rail Gun: 5/-4 shots
Rachel: MP-10: 30/-3 shots
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 34%
JiC: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 35

Constant Effects: Cannot be surprise attacked, even from behind; virtually impervious to pain.

Church pulls out his notebook and starts to review the mission parameters. The Agency is some cheap ass bastards...
Mission Notes wrote:Ancient Base
The Agency has received reports over the last few years from refugees fleeing Tolkeen, and most recently from a New Lazlo archaeologist who went missing before being able to publish his findings, of an ancient base of some sort in the rugged wilderness about 100 miles West-Southwest of New Lazlo proper. It's only a matter of time before either opportunists from Queenston Harbor loot the site, the radical, pro-war faction from New Lazlo use it to stir up a war, or some other power bloc establishes a foothold in the territory using this base. Find the place, gather any intel and tech of value, and destroy the structure.

Gather intel and equipment of value. Destroy the base. Stay alive. Yeah, this is going to be easy. He looks at the team while Phil is doing recon. "Okay, we are here and have our mission orders. We'll leave Phil on overwatch and I'll be heading down through the woods to see what is out there." He looks at the two girls, then back to Murphy. "We need to find out what's here. Get any specific details about the location, and then level it. Get your gear, we are moving out in five."

Church grabs his gear, putting on his helmet and heads out. "Don't bunch together, be quiet and careful. Keep your radios on you. Stay in the tree line, don't make yourself a target." He heads on into the woods and starts to disappear. Sticking to the tree's he keeps low and slow through the woods. Pausing every few minutes to make sure nobody is around, and make sure he's on the right direction to the base.

Prowl -- 1d100 = 25 / 65%
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 1 / 48%
Land Navigation -- 1d100 = 10 / 52%

OOC Comments
Team - It's time for you to shine. Pull out any special abilities, we need to do some good ole fashioned recon, and counter intelligence.
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Arjay » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Perception: 44%: 1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 52

Prowl 44%=1d100 = 41
Wilderness Survival 49%=1d100 = 15

"Church. Is there anything we should be on the watch for? was that guy still out roaming around?" Arjay kits out, getting her armor on and all the rest of her gear together, rearranging a few items here and there so she won't have to bring along the weight of an extra backpack. Though she does make sure to grab an empty duffel from the truck, just in case they find some good stuff to bring back.

Looking over the others as Church gives them their marching orders, Arjay wonders, Are we totally out of our depth here? Seems to me Phil should be coming along as one of our big guns but maybe Church wants him in reserve if we need our asses pulled out of a fire.

Giving Church a firm nod, Arjay falls in behind the man when they head off into the wood in search of the lost base. She stay a bit back from Church but make sure to always keep him in sight as she lets the trained fighter lead the way.
User avatar
Arjay
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Church » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:11 pm

((rolls carried over))

Arjay wrote:"Church. Is there anything we should be on the watch for? was that guy still out roaming around?" Arjay kits out, getting her armor on and all the rest of her gear together, rearranging a few items here and there so she won't have to bring along the weight of an extra backpack. Though she does make sure to grab an empty duffel from the truck, just in case they find some good stuff to bring back.

Church looks up from what he is doing and scratches his mop of hair, "Honestly, that is a good question." He looks at the woman directly before answering again. "We are in uncharted waters here. We don't have an excess of gear or personnel. We aren't the Coalition after all." Looking down as he picks up his helmet. "So we can't go in there all high and mighty, guns a'blazin'. What we need to do is some distance recon. Someone providing overwatch and intel, so the others don't get caught with pants around their ankles."

If it can all go as quietly as I hope, that would be great. But the intel says there is a group moving on this facility, it could get bad quick. Church tries to push down the negative thoughts.
Leonard Church
NG-JBA33 Juicer Assassin Plate Armor - M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 30 | Arm(s) - 12 | Leg(s) - 24 | Main Body - 45
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol: Range - 900' | Damage - 2d8MD / 4d8MD (2 shots) | Ammo - 12 per E-Clip; 24 per LE-Clip | +2 Strike
C-12 Heavy Assault Laser Rifle: Range - 2000' | Damage - 6d6 / 2d6MD / 4d6MD | Ammo - 20 per E-Clip; 30 per LE-Clip' +30 per Canister
User avatar
Church
Group Leader
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 am

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Murphy Hawkings » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51/25%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 40

"You know I would think you would want me or Arjay up here in the truck watching the sensors for intel and then just in case all hell broke loose we could drive Suzy down there to do a hot exit, but hey I'm down with whatever."

He goes down to the storage and puts hit armor on then the chest rig. In the rig he places the pistol and energy to matter converter along with a space e-clip for each weapon and converter. He then grabs the helmet and laser rifle and exits Suzy. Murphy will take up the rear as they head on out putting on the helmet before moving out.
Catch a riiide!

Murphy
User avatar
Murphy Hawkings
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: First outing

Postby Rachel Stevens » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 39

Prowl 1d100 = 91 (35%)

"You know I would think you would want me or Arjay up here in the truck watching the sensors for intel and then just in case all hell broke loose we could drive Suzy down there to do a hot exit, but hey I'm down with whatever."


Rachel look over at Murphy and replies, ”In case I'm ever needed as an alternate, I can also drive a truck.” Looking over at Church, Rachel adds ”Murphy's got a good point though. Having someone stay back here who can drive Suzy might be a good idea. I don't mind doing that.”

If Church wants Rachel to go with the recon team, Rachel puts on her armour on and brings her MP Pistol and Wilks rifle with her, making sure extra e-clips are stored in her chest rig. Heading out with the rest of the team, Rachel tries to be a quiet as possible to avoid detection.

If Rachel stays with the vehicle, Rachel gets into the drivers seat and monitors the group's radio, in case she needs to drive to where they are for a quick pickup.
User avatar
Rachel Stevens
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:40 am

Previous

Return to Frontiersmen Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest