Rate your GM Quad 2 - 2019, Augur

EU's Team Evil - If you hear them they're not after you.
GM: Dodsrike
AGM: OPEN
#5 POST RATE

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Please provide a rating for Augur, Quad 2 - 2019

10 - The best GM ever
No votes
9 - Awesome GM
No votes
8 - Excellent GM
No votes
7 - Good GM
80%
6 - Decent GM
20%
5 - Struggling GM
No votes
4 - Needs work
No votes
3 - Hard to handle
No votes
2 - Unacceptable
No votes
1 - Either he goes or I go
No votes

Total votes : 5

Rate your GM Quad 2 - 2019, Augur

Postby Captain Cardea » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:03 am

Game Master (GM)

Duties:
☞ Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
☞ Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
☞ Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
☞ Maintain your adventure notes in the GM's Cabal. (Gist: If a random GM can't pick up and run the adventure from your notes, the notes are unsatisfactory.)
☞ Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.
☞ Coordinate with the AGM regarding expected adventure dates & time-frames.
☞ Consult with AGM regarding XP awards.
☞ Directly notify AGM via PM of any expected absences in addition to the Account Status Tracker.

Rewards:
☞ GMs will be rated according to merit by their players every quadrimester.
☞ Rating will be done by players on the following schedule:
June 1st
October 1st
February 1st
☞ Each is responsible for creating his rating poll on the above schedule.
☞ Players are responsible for rating the GMs within a week of the poll being posted, and posting notice that they have voted (in the same thread.)
☞ Ratings will be conducted via poll and averaged to the nearest whole number.
☞ Players who do not vote will be removed from the average.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Re: Rate your GM Quad 2 - 2019, Augur

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:38 am

Voted. Feedback:

The game is feeling railroad-y to me. Part of that is on the PC leaders IC, as we haven't really established a hierarchy between the three group leads and that's something we'll definitely need to remedy when everyone gets back together.

But the main reason why IMO, and my bigger concern, is that corners are being cut on the GM posts. Details skipped over. Only the bare minimum is done because that's all Augur has time for.
For example- several PCs expended no small amount of effort in writing posts to interrogate the necromancer (via Slithn), only to be met with what seemed to me to be one contrived reason after another not to give us diddly squat (including one GM response that was straight-up not true- claiming that Slithn refused to answer despite Vheld's explicit orders to the contrary immediately preceding the post).

This is a gripe I can remember having back in Augur's Heroes for Hire days, but one that IMO has been exacerbated by both the size of the current group and the number of administrative demands placed upon him. I am not unsympathetic to either- I know better than anyone else how difficult and time-consuming running a group this large can be. But the group size can be dealt with by some simple planning ahead- writing GM posts piecemeal as different subgroups finish posting ahead of time (for example), and the admin demands IMO don't excuse mediocre GMing because they are compensated fairly well from what I understand. Most of our GM posts haven't had much for people to react to, and haven't done enough to weave the PCs' actions into the story line.

The thing is, other players are starting to pick up on large portions of their posts just being ignored in the name of expediency, and from what I can tell a 'why bother' sentiment is starting to pervade. Which only makes sense, right? I mean, why should I or anyone bother making the effort to put forth detailed ideas or creative solutions to problems if they'll just be skipped over in the transition from my intentions to what actually happens? It doesn't have to be much, just a basic acknowledgement that an attempt was made (although if a PC's actions are consistent failures, that doesn't make for a fun game either). The bottom line is, I don't think we're getting enough time or consideration from our GM posts.

I remain optimistic about the planned narrative, and the opportunity to work with some new groups, and am looking forward to the wrap-up for this adventure.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Minerva » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Voted.

DL spelled out my feedback very well.

I fully see that there are a bunch of players and that GM posts of this size are difficult. Especially when working with 1-2 other GMs on the project.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 am

Voted.

Dark Lord and Minerva spelled out my thoughts holistically, I've nothing to add.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:30 am

Voted. DL has very much given accurate voice to my own concerns.

Dark Lord wrote:The game is feeling railroad-y to me ... [A] 'why bother' sentiment is starting to pervade.

For myself, the adventure kind of feels like a "Set of fights, where there is nothing you can do to impact your chances. Planning and or scouting will not be tolerated."

The current GM post may be an exception, but candidly I am half-expecting a trademark Augur-brush-off from Lahz's own father.

Just my 2 cents.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Mierin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:35 am

Voted.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Spook Squad (Independent, 2 Opening)