Spook Squad Dedicated OOC Thread

EU's Team Evil - If you hear them they're not after you.
GM: SNAFU
AGM: Ace of Spades

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Spook Squad Dedicated OOC Thread

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Continue all OOC chat here.
Major Arcana
Game Master

Re: Spook Squad Dedicated OOC Thread

Postby SNAFU » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 am

Does anyone remember how many XP awards if offered? :oops:
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:57 pm

SNAFU wrote:Does anyone remember how many XP awards if offered? :oops:

I don't understand what you are asking ?

- - - - -
As far as I know :

If you are asking the method / criteria you were using for the early post xp bonus awards:
500 xp for IC PC posts up the day of the GM post... -100xp for each additional day

Soo ....
500 xp for IC PC posts up the same day as the GM post.
400 xp for IC PC posts up 1 day after GM post.
300 xp for IC PC posts up 2 days after GM post.
200 xp for IC PC posts up 3 days after GM post.
100 xp for IC PC posts up 4 days after GM post.

- - - - -
If you are asking how many times this has happened ?
It started with GM post on 6-15-16 ... and continued there after .. There have been 17 GM posts .. some of which (small clarifications) might not qualify.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 pm

SNAFU wrote:Does anyone remember how many XP awards if offered? :oops:

Goddammit, should be ...I've offered?"
Erg wrote:I don't understand what you are asking ?

- - - - -
As far as I know :

- - - - -
If you are asking how many times this has happened ?
It started with GM post on 6-15-16 ... and continued there after .. There have been 17 GM posts .. some of which (small clarifications) might not qualify.

Thanks! this is what I needed more or less
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Lahz wrote:Ok Boat's turning back.

At this point I'm not sure what our best course is, but hiking along the Seabed feels like a bad bet :wink:

Carl can fly via Jetpack, Whisper can Fly via PA, Vheld can Fly via his Demon bird, Erg can kind of Fly via his fancy-shoes.

Lahz & Ray are the only ones who can't fly ... except that the Demon-Bird (Bel-Dar) and Whisper can jointly sling us over via mooring line (with Lahz and his fun-fun turrets acting as general defense for the short <1min flight).

Rather than kill Leo and take his ship over, or try to find someone to take us over after he gets back with his tale of Woe ... I would think Carl takes back his Rifle and we wave at him as we lift off. What do you think?

Erg's TW-Shoes to fly (as magic) won't work in the fog... Erg needs a boat , to be carried , or he will have a real hard time trying to swim the whole distance through monster infested waters.

- - - -
We never really 'needed' the boat .. The group can fly across without magic .. but while flying with that much weight the flyers will be very encumbered and not really able to maneuver very well at all .. ie no dodges , etc.

Vheld has 3 flying minions:
Slithn as ethereal would need to use Telekinesis to transport a passenger .. but could if needed.

Brokswa Supernatural PS of 39 can carry up to 1,950 Lbs of passenger/cargo
Could Carry 1,250 Lb Maurauder and 170 Lbs Lahz and his gear all by itself.
plenty of remaining to also easily carry 180 Lb Erg and all his gear as well.
Still have about ~300 Lbs left before max

Bel'Dar Supernatural PS of 21 can carry up to 1,050 Lbs of passenger/cargo
Could carry 150 Lb Vheld and all his gear.
and still also Carry 450 Lbs SShir .. if not for the Anti-Magic could freeze the water to walk on.
Still have about ~400 Lbs left before max.

Whisper's Mecha Knight can fly under it's own power and has a robotic PS of 40 to carry an additional 1,000 Lbs of passenger .. -110 Lbs of Whisper herself and stuff .. still has enough to carry 800 Lbs of Ray.

285 :bs + Gear Carl can fly under his own power via jet pack .. or also tag along with one of the other very encumbered fliers not yet at their max carrying capacity.

Lahz can also use his own Telekinesis to help carry weights of people across as well.

- - - - - -
Their lack of integrity violating the terms of the agreement they made .. puts them in the worthless , low life , scum category type of people as far as Erg is concerned.

We don't have to kill them .. but we can force them to live up to their end of the agreement .. weather they want to or not .. make them go at gun point .. etc .. or just knock them out / restrain them.

We technically don't 'need' the crew.
The boat is a machine Erg and Lahz can each instantly gain complete skill in how to operate it via telemechanics .. weather we have to convince Leo and such of that is up to the group/Carl.

- - - - - -
We can of course just go back to shore and go back to one of the previous ideas .. make our own raft .. take over one of the slaver ships .. etc.

- - - - - -

We have lots of options.
:D
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 am

Vheld wrote:I'd like to get a quick ruling- psionic possession isn't explicitly listed as being blocked by a mind block, but I would assume that it falls under the heading, yes? If not, I will need to tweak my post a little.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't and otherwise there isn't any full-proof defence against possession I'm aware of, so I think it should...

Ruling: Mind Block protects against Psychic Possession
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Lahz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:44 am

SNAFU wrote:
Vheld wrote:I'd like to get a quick ruling- psionic possession isn't explicitly listed as being blocked by a mind block, but I would assume that it falls under the heading, yes? If not, I will need to tweak my post a little.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't and otherwise there isn't any full-proof defence against possession I'm aware of, so I think it should...

Ruling: Mind Block protects against Psychic Possession

Ok, maybe I'm going to quick today, but I always thought Mind Block essentially put up a Wall.

The language is unsurprisingly vague:

This is the ability to completely close or block oneself from all psychic/mental emanations. When intentionally closed to supernatural or psychic forces, the character can not sense anything, can not use psychic abilities, nor be influenced by others. A Mind Block will prevent penetration of Telepathy, Empathy, Hypnotic Suggestion, Day Dream and Empathic Transmission. It can be an invaluable protective mask when dealing with malevolent psychic forces. Adds a bonus of+1 to save vs all psychic and mental attacks.

The power says you are completely closed. However it lists a number that are specifically blocked, but not possession attempts. It gives a +1 vs other Psychic attacks which suggests that it's not an automatic save/impervious type situation and possession is plausible but harder. I think that's where SNAFU came down but want to be sure I am not off my rocker ...

Lahz has Mind-Block Auto-Defense, so he really doesn't need to be part of Slithn's protection in that respect. Also, I'm not really sure if his protection would 'stay' with the people @ ground level unless he stayed close by. Psionics (unlike magic spells) don't tend to stay with the people you use them on (Biomanipulation being the major exception I can think of ....). Group Mind Block says it goes up around the psychic and the immediate 120ft area ... if Slithn goes up to the Ship, won't it travel with him?

I think Lahz goes up either way because his Telemechanics in a Nuclear gunboat with many many heavy weapons will be something Slithn isn't quite as able to replicate. He can wreak havoc among the crew by going up & taking someone over, to attack fellow crewmates or TK fire random buttons/choke people to death/etc ...
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:56 am

Telepathy, Empathy, Hypnotic Suggestion, Day Dream and Empathic Transmission.

This list is poor, what is "Day Dream" for example.

Mind Block prevents possession. Its not listed specifically but neither is See Aura and probably more.

Group Mind Block works on whoever is in the 'group' at a range of 120'. Yes, being within that range is important.

A body without a 'mind'. ie Astral Projection, gets no save and can't be protected by Mind Block

If you are under the protection of a Mind Block and someone uses Bio-Manipulation or some such you get a +1 to save
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:04 am

In the interest of full disclosure, after my post I stumbled across an entry in the Palladium FAQ (#14) agreeing with Lahz's interpretation (not that I want to argue with SNAFU's ruling :P ).
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby SNAFU » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:13 am

Well, color me wrong, common sense is good but we use canon whenever we can so...

Mentally Possess Others is an attack on the body, not the mind, so it is not prevented by Mind Block but you get a +1. And the name of the power should be Physically Possess Others, I guess :P

I guess the same would go for Mind Wipe?
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:17 pm

That would be my guess.
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Lahz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Before we give the Demons leave to decide whether to set fire to the big Slaver-Boat ... maybe we let Lahz try and get hold of a few volleys of the big serious looking Long-Range-Missile Launchers ... those don't survive Plasma Fires so well.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Edited.
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Erg » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:34 am

Lahz wrote:Before we give the Demons leave to decide whether to set fire to the big Slaver-Boat ... maybe we let Lahz try and get hold of a few volleys of the big serious looking Long-Range-Missile Launchers ... those don't survive Plasma Fires so well.

You might also want to spend the ~3 seconds (1action) to get a (ISP free) telemechanics look at the 'complete schematic' of any interesting tech items you might bump into .. It won't help with magic / bio-wizardry , etc items ... but any Kittani tech still on board .. heck .. a complete schematic of the slaver ship itself might prove useful in the future (some day) ... no need to spend the time to look over that schematic now .. you can always use Total Recall to remember any details days , weeks, months, years latter.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Bump
Vinograd ... Don't forget to get your signature completed for IC adventure posts.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Lahz, the Raider is a combination of these two types vehicles, it is currently at rest in the shallows.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby SNAFU » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:17 am

FYI, added a map of the boat situation, left off any fliers, but otherwise should illustrate the scene. With the top armor removed in preference of an open deck I think this is a pretty good approximation of the Raider.

Also I forgot that Brokswa kept the weapon... added that too.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Vheld » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:28 am

For Vino:

Code: Select all
Invincible armor (225/225 MDC; 1/2 damage from energy. regenerates 1d6 MDC per melee, complete environmental seal, -15% to physical skills, 27m00s remaining), chromatic protection (attackers who fail to save are blind for 1d4 melees: -10 s/p/d, -4I, -1APM, Max Spd of 8, -80% to skills; greater demons unaffected, lesser demons have duration reduced by half; 9m00s remaining)
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 1000/1000, 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:00 pm

SNAFU wrote:(OOC: Particle Beams don’t have a concussive effect to my understanding.)

If it is helpful .. the only instance I know of in the books about energy weapons having a 'concussive' effect .. only applies to when a single blast is a very large amount of damage .. and even that is an 'optional' rule.

Given the damage done at most a ~20% chance to be knocked down .. which is not much .. and also worth keeping in mind .. Action/Reaction .. If the Particle Beams have impact force to knock down the target they hit .. that means the weapon also has that same amount of 'force' as a kick back when fired .. bullets and rail guns have concussive force on what they hit , but the weapons also have a kick back when fired ... The Gliterboy can get knocked off their own feet from the kick back of their own weapon .. and large scale 'Ion' Beams are effectively Ion-Thrust Engines , etc.

Rifts Conversion Book 1 Revised and Updated: p.14-15
KnockDown.JPG

KDChart.JPG
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Carl » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:47 am

Erg wrote:
SNAFU wrote:(OOC: Particle Beams don’t have a concussive effect to my understanding.)

If it is helpful .. the only instance I know of in the books about energy weapons having a 'concussive' effect .. only applies to when a single blast is a very large amount of damage .. and even that is an 'optional' rule.

Given the damage done at most a ~20% chance to be knocked down .. which is not much .. and also worth keeping in mind .. Action/Reaction .. If the Particle Beams have impact force to knock down the target they hit .. that means the weapon also has that same amount of 'force' as a kick back when fired .. bullets and rail guns have concussive force on what they hit , but the weapons also have a kick back when fired ... The Gliterboy can get knocked off their own feet from the kick back of their own weapon .. and large scale 'Ion' Beams are effectively Ion-Thrust Engines , etc.

Poor wording on my part. I was referring to a head rocking effect because of the closeness of the blast and the head sticking out of a window.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Erg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:14 pm

@Vheld:
Don't forget your minion's bio-regeneration rolls .. To recover some of the beating they've been taking.

For example:
Brokswa was down to just 1 MDC from that desiccation attack .. but he could have been regenerating 4d6 per melee sense then.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Does bio-regenerating cost an action (barring vampires and the like)?
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby SNAFU » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:45 am

Dark Lord wrote:Does bio-regenerating cost an action (barring vampires and the like)?

I always assumed that if listed in the Natural Abilities and doesn't specifically call for a moment of meditation or whatever, then it was automatic. I thought the 4d6/melee was basically it's healing rate, similar to vampires etc.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 am

I ask because I had a vague memory of one of the examples of combat in one of the older books presented it that way- but upon further research that ruling appears to have been superceded. I'll update Brokswa's status.
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby SNAFU » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Erg, just a heads up, I added quite a bit after you posted. I was interrupted in the middle of posting so I wasn't quite done, even though it looked like.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:44 pm

SNAFU wrote:Erg, just a heads up, I added quite a bit after you posted. I was interrupted in the middle of posting so I wasn't quite done, even though it looked like.

Thanks for the heads up :)
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:28 pm

We're 3/6 Posted ... :thumright:
Let's bust up SNAFU's Black Friday plans Spooks ... see if we can hold onto the 2nd spot for rapid posting (or bust up those smug Bastages in HU:Galactic :roll: ) ... :eye:
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Lahz wrote:We're 3/6 Posted ... :thumright:
Let's bust up SNAFU's Black Friday plans Spooks ... see if we can hold onto the 2nd spot for rapid posting

Yes Sir :salut:

GoGoGoGo!!! :bounce:

Lahz wrote:(or bust up those smug Bastages in HU:Galactic :roll: ) ... :eye:

;)
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 am

Oops, I wrote a clunky sentence there. So to clarify: You can't see the Frog Shamans but you can see the exact same number of smaller tree-men. Those tree-men chant and wave out towards the water and then the god-being comes.

Vheld can't quite identify the specific deity but is definitely aware it is god-like in scale of power. He'll also note it's Primal and inhuman nature and can assume it's behavior will be similar to an Elemental of a similar power. It looks like a giant, edible flowering-plant on the day it should be harvested and is probably an older god than even Hades, from before gods had human-forms and personalities. Considering how angry it seems, there's a good chance it's local.

12/40 CoA Werewolves are in the process of drowning.

That is all.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Carl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:55 pm

Family is visiting and taking too much of my attention, will have a post up later tonight.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:03 pm

So Carivaggio's looking to deal for his life.

Vino's parental info is of limited (Zero) use ... but what can he offer on ways into/out of the other citadels on the Island?

Joker? Vheld? Perhaps before Big-V start's chewing on him? ... (Just an option)
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Erg had gone to examine the remaining magic missiles on the slaver ship.
What did he find ?
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:24 pm

He found 64 ordinary plasma missiles, and 32 strange looking rockets of obvious magical nature.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:50 pm

SNAFU wrote: Erg has the basic understanding of how the missile works, but how it was constructed is yet beyond him. (Dimensional Outbreak p.132)

Thanks.

I'm a little confused / unclear .. so I thought I would ask.

#1> Is it safe to assume these are Hell Furry Missiles DB12 p.136 ?
I'm guessing previous page 132 reference was just a typo .. but thought it best to ask.

#2> Why only "basic understanding" ... why not 'complete knowledge' and 'know everything about the machine' ?
Did you mean 'construction is yet beyond him' ... for those kinds of reasons I list bellow .. like it's beyond Erg because he doesn't know all the needed spells .. doesn't have all the needed components/parts .. etc ???

Per RUE p.183 Description of Telemechanics
the psychic knows everything about the machine; the complete schematic diagram and operation knowledge

As per the powers description I would have guessed Erg would now have a complete schematic for it:
Something along the lines of:
  • A complete ingredients/parts list that is needed (even if Erg doesn't yet have any of those ingredients/parts yet himself)
    • Even if those ingredients/parts include things like:
      What specific spells are needed (even if Erg doesn't yet know how to cast those spells yet himself)
      What creature type is needed to be imprisoned (even if Erg doesn't have access to one of them yet himself)
      etc
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Erg wrote:
SNAFU wrote: Erg has the basic understanding of how the missile works, but how it was constructed is yet beyond him. (Dimensional Outbreak p.132)

Thanks.

I'm a little confused / unclear .. so I thought I would ask.

#1> Is it safe to assume these are Hell Furry Missiles DB12 p.136 ?
I'm guessing previous page 132 reference was just a typo .. but thought it best to ask.

#2> Why only "basic understanding" ... why not 'complete knowledge' and 'know everything about the machine' ?
Did you mean 'construction is yet beyond him' ... for those kinds of reasons I list bellow .. like it's beyond Erg because he doesn't know all the needed spells .. doesn't have all the needed components/parts .. etc ???

Per RUE p.183 Description of Telemechanics
the psychic knows everything about the machine; the complete schematic diagram and operation knowledge

As per the powers description I would have guessed Erg would now have a complete schematic for it:
Something along the lines of:
  • A complete ingredients/parts list that is needed (even if Erg doesn't yet have any of those ingredients/parts yet himself)
    • Even if those ingredients/parts include things like:
      What specific spells are needed (even if Erg doesn't yet know how to cast those spells yet himself)
      What creature type is needed to be imprisoned (even if Erg doesn't have access to one of them yet himself)
      etc

You know what it is. You know all the parts and I guess you could draw a schematic but sorry Erg's not going to be able to duplicate Demon Tech that easy (and probably not at all.)
If you need it terms of the above at least half the ingredients are completely outside of Erg's current understanding of science and magic.
I don't think telemechanics really applies to demon technology, I was plenty generous as it is.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:14 pm

SNAFU wrote:You know what it is. You know all the parts and I guess you could draw a schematic but sorry Erg's not going to be able to duplicate Demon Tech that easy (and probably not at all.)

It's the 1st step :D

The item in question .. Hell Furry Missile .. is a Techno-Wizard Item .. listed and described as such in DB12.

The DB12 book itself lists that this Hell Furry Missile is just the Demon's Ripping-Off / modifying the UWW's Demon in a Bottle Missile , Techno-Wizard Item .. The demons didn't figure it out on their own.

Per Techno-Wizard Construction rules .. RUE p.135

For Erg to make this Techno-Wizard Item himself .. using this schematic he now has .. one from some other Techno-Wizard .. is a -10% modifier roll on his Techno-Wizard Creation Skill .. After the short duration of his Telemechanics expires .. Erg would have to use his Total Recall .. which on that same RUE p.135 table is another -10% penalty.

Of course Erg doesn't (yet) have a willing Plasma Demon .. which is listed as a required ingredient in DB12 for this specific techno-wizard item .. and Erg might not have some other needed ingredients yet either (crystals of some type , etc) .. and he might not (yet) know all the spells needed in the spell chain.

But that's what growth (leveling up and such) for a Techno-Wizard is about .. learning more of those things .. to be able to make new / better techno-wizard items.

SNAFU wrote:If you need it terms of the above at least half the ingredients are completely outside of Erg's current understanding of science and magic.

Erg not (yet) knowing (or having) all the required ingredients of this specific techno-wizard item .. is just fine .. and fits just fine.

Like-wise .. Erg , not (yet) knowing all the required spell chains of this techno-wizard item .. is just fine .. and fits just fine.

But .. at the end of the day .. it is a techno-wizard item .. And Erg is a Techno-Wizard.

SNAFU wrote:I don't think telemechanics really applies to demon technology

The 'Demon Technology' in question .. is Techno-wizardry .. as per the DB12 book.

SNAFU wrote:I was plenty generous as it is.

Never said you weren't .. Erg getting the schematic for this Techno-Wizard item is plenty cool all by itself :D

Just to be clear .. I never asked for nor wanted you to change ruling or post in anyway .. I'm sorry if you misunderstood about about that.

As I wrote .. I was only trying to understand the post .. to make it fit into the context of the cannon material in the books .. That's why I posted the idea I had about how it might all fit together.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Phase World is advanced technology. UWW is the most advanced techno-wizardry in existence. Telemechanics will not give you a list of spells you need. You can draw a rocket with two demons in it. Congrats.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:34 pm

SNAFU wrote:You can draw a rocket with two demons in it. Congrats.

:roll:
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Carl ... please be sure to give the indication Ace is going back to use the Ship-Missiles so that Erg can make sure his 'disabling' is undone if needed. Erg hasn't mentioned it to anyone that I can tell (& I can't see that he has any kind of HUD or Lahz would mention to him).
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 am

Also ... Erg, when we get a bit of time back @ the Haunt, I'd be very interested in seeing what you can put together for Astral Defense.

Something along the lines of combining:

Astral Projection + Magic Net (capture) -- built into a gun, or
Astral Projection + Energy Bolt or Fireball (combat) -- built into a gun, or
Astral Projection + Telekinesis (combat) -- built into gloves might make gloves that can only TK Astral items, or
Astral Projection + Telekinesis (combat) -- built into a gun might only fire TK Bolts that hit Astral beings (a possible variation on the TK-38 Endless Revolver (?)), or
Astral Projection + Energy Field (for over the Haunt itself), or
Astral Projection + Blinding Flash (Stall) -- built into a gun // very much wondering if this would Only be Astrally visible or Only visible to those who could See Invisible ...
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Lahz wrote:Also ... Erg, when we get a bit of time back @ the Haunt, I'd be very interested in seeing what you can put together for Astral Defense.

Happy to help :D

Just a heads up :
If we survive that is ;) ... and if this mission boons do pay off as promised and such ..

1st Project:
Erg needs to keep his previous promise to Carl .. which means at the very least about ~12 IC hours .. with Vheld in order to finish the basic schematic and estimate for parts , costs, etc for that Combination Stealth / Defense Portal Shield for Carl .. If Carl approves the project .. We could later schedule the time to do it's actual build .. might have to wait some time anyway for ordered parts and such to get delivered.

As far as I recall , that is the only prior commitment Erg would have to do 1st ... Unless there is eventually some ~12 Hours of IC down time on the adventure were Erg and Vheld can work on it before getting back.

Although .. it might be ultimately faster .. If Erg's 2nd project was working on the TW-Time-Hole project .. getting up to 6 days (144 hours) IC to tinker inside of it for every 1 day (24 hours) normal time outside of it IC for everyone else .. that will be a major help on all future tinker projects for Erg, Lahz, etc .. we could get soooo much more done without the whole group needing to have IC down time for several months at a time.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Lahz wrote:I can't see that he has any kind of HUD or Lahz would mention to him.

I can think of 2 options .. in no particular order :

#1> Holographic interface with Erg's Computer watch .. not technically a HUD in the conventional sense .. but it can do a type of holographic HUD.

#2>Erg's Language Translator .. What would you like to say ?
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 pm

I had a pretty long OOC conversation with SNAFU on trying to trigger radios a while back, but it was ruled that Text is probably much faster/easier than trying on the fly to get the radio speakers to generate the right speech patterns.

That's why I keep bugging Carl. The thing that Lahz needs to convey is that he's using the Shipboard Missiles. (So Erg knows to un-screw-up whatever he did to the Launchers). Erg hasn't mentioned his sabotage to anyone, so no one else knows.

I suppose the watch is an option, but it made more sense at the time to tell Joker who Lahz KNOWS is looking.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Erg, I think Object Read is the power you want to use to get all the info on the item.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Erg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Lahz wrote:I had a pretty long OOC conversation with SNAFU on trying to trigger radios a while back, but it was ruled that Text is probably much faster/easier than trying on the fly to get the radio speakers to generate the right speech patterns.

That's why I keep bugging Carl. The thing that Lahz needs to convey is that he's using the Shipboard Missiles. (So Erg knows to un-screw-up whatever he did to the Launchers). Erg hasn't mentioned his sabotage to anyone, so no one else knows.

I suppose the watch is an option, but it made more sense at the time to tell Joker who Lahz KNOWS is looking.

Carl had asked Erg to do the 'lock down' of the ship systems .. and he made that request over the encrypted group radio signal .. soo I think everyone of the group members heard it .. except Lahz , who has been out of radio contact during his astral trips.

Erg doesn't yet know anything has changed .. anyone wanting to use missiles and such .. as far as Erg knows , Carl still wants the ship 'locked down'.

SNAFU wrote:Erg, I think Object Read is the power you want to use to get all the info on the item.

... But .. I'll stick with just the skill check for now .. or at least first .. Erg doesn't like the 'totally vulnerable' (no save) part of object read before he knows more about the object .. also it seems like the group is about to head down bellow soon .. probably don't have the ~2d6 minutes it will take to complete an Object Read.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Everyone (except Lahz) knows you did some kind of lockdown. No one knows what you did to complete it, that was what I was indicating previously. Only you know where you tossed the wrench down into the Machine :mrgreen: .

No worries though.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Lahz wrote:Everyone (except Lahz) knows you did some kind of lockdown. No one knows what you did to complete it, that was what I was indicating previously. Only you know where you tossed the wrench down into the Machine :mrgreen: .

No worries though.

I think we're on the same-ish page .. Erg is heading back to undo the 'lock-down' .. Might be done and ready for Lahz to do the targeting / firing by the time he gets there .. Sense Erg had a little head start while Lahz went to get his body back and such.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:45 am

Let's talk loot.

I've been looking to beef up Vheld's psionic-type capabilities for a while, and that rune medallion seems like an excellent way to do it. I realize that it's probably the fanciest item we got, so I'm willing to open negotiations if someone else really wants it too.
The wand or the pistol Vheld could theoretically make good use of, and I'll throw my hat in the ring if nobody wants either, but only if they're unclaimed.
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Lahz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 am

Dark Lord wrote:Let's talk loot.

I've been looking to beef up Vheld's psionic-type capabilities for a while, and that rune medallion seems like an excellent way to do it. I realize that it's probably the fanciest item we got, so I'm willing to open negotiations if someone else really wants it too.
The wand or the pistol Vheld could theoretically make good use of, and I'll throw my hat in the ring if nobody wants either, but only if they're unclaimed.

I admit I had an eye on the medallion as well, but Vheld has plenty of seniority on Lahz :wink: ... this isn't Sir Thorn anymore :lol:. That takes Vheld up to 2 Rune Weapons, so hopefully he's set for a while ... :colors:

I would be very interested in the Pistol if Erg is not. It's a pure tech weapon that's been 'Blessed' but Lahz cannot put it to use from inside his PA, so it would be a backup (unless we dropped he equipped it to Ray the Droid) ... I don't think Erg could really use it to make anything more amped up, but for killing demons, it's a beast (essentially 15d6 v Demons for a pistol ...) and that would really help him to be better able to defend himself. Whisper might also consider it as a backup ... it's magic, but it functions as pure tech ...

I also like the Horn and the Wand, but Lahz also could not easily put them to use from inside his PA so they may be better suited to someone else.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Not particularly interest in the Medallion .. have at it. :)

For the pistol ..
How about a compromise .. Erg gets the Miser Shard Knife and Lahz can take the Blessed Particle Beam Pistol.

I have been thinking about eventually doing a TW modification to the Particle Beam Pistol NG45LP from RWB10 p.73 .. soo this is a bit Ironic .. but , I don't know if trying to tinker with / on that blessed one would effect the blessing ... which is a rare type of thing .. messing with it might negate the 3x damage blessing .. :( .. might not :) ... Soo instead of taking that risk , maybe the compromise above would be better all around.

To be honest .. the Miser Shard Knife was the #1 thing I was the most interested in anyway .. the pistol a distant 2nd.

Not particularly interested in the rest .. all obviously cool .. but .. just not very Erg-ish.
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Next

Return to The Spook Squad (Independent, 5 Players, 3 Openings)