Possible EP menu addition

All admin-related content and proposals are managed here. Proposals must include "Proposal:" in the subject line of the new thread to even be considered.

Moderator: Augur

Possible EP menu addition

Postby Halko » Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Would there be any interest to petition Augur to add an HP purchase option to the EP menus?
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Possible EP menu addition

Postby Tiree » Sat May 20, 2017 7:52 pm

YES
Tiree
Admin

Postby Halko » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

I suppose I should also ask if natural MDC can be purchased with the EP menu SDC option?
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tiree » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Halko wrote:I suppose I should also ask if natural MDC can be purchased with the EP menu SDC option?

That should be added as well
Tiree
Admin

Postby Brute » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Yes, with limits. Each successive purchase should cost more than the last, similar to purchasing additional levels at character creation. Otherwise, a one-time limit, like the attribute bonus die purchase.
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 40/40
SDC: 59/59

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 534/534

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun May 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Brute wrote:Yes, with limits. Each successive purchase should cost more than the last, similar to purchasing additional levels at character creation. Otherwise, a one-time limit, like the attribute bonus die purchase.

*nods*

Give me some time, folks. There's a LOT going on EU for me at the moment, so I'm already stretched to my limits to the point that I have my phone's calendar loaded with reminders and the like.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 am

A one-limit or perhaps a cost that grants a full hit points (no roll) for x number of levels might also work. Even then limit the number levels a character can get the HP boost on that character? say 5 EP gets 3 levels of max HP? (just a random number to give an idea.)
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet
[OOC]bonuses in green apply only when Force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 130/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)

Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sun May 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Another who agrees this should be a thing.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Sun May 28, 2017 5:49 pm

I like it, and it could follow the standard rules with S.D.C. and the likes.

That said, the more everyone buffs their HP up, the more inclined GMs are to increase enemy devastation ;)
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
Erva
Game Master

Postby Hesiod » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:45 pm

spend EP for a chance to get HP, say on a D6, you get positive HP on 3-6, and lose HP on a roll of 1-2. :twisted:
Hesiod

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Hesiod wrote:spend EP for a chance to get HP, say on a D6, you get positive HP on 3-6, and lose HP on a roll of 1-2. :twisted:

That sounds horrible.

A progressive payout makes sense. Something like (Times Purchased)x(Times Purchased). 1 for the first d6, 4 for the second, 9 for the third and so on. Maybe apply a 5% per tier patron discount, and round up fractions.

I think that would work for both HP and MDC. Also instead of a flat increase, it could be scaled to each racial/class progression (if you get 10 MDC a level or 2d4+1 HP, that would be what you got with each purchase).
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby CS High Command » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:28 pm

(3 EP) Gain one additional roll on your Hit Points or M.D.C. per level rating (per your Race/R.C.C. or rarely O.C.C.)
    Example: A human gain 1d6 Hit Points per level. Kydian Overlords gain 2d6 Hit Points per level. The Grackletooth gets 3d6 M.D.C. per level of experience. If a race, R.C.C., or the occasional O.C.C. does not list a per level gain, then assume they gain 1d6 Hit Points or M.D.C. for the purposes of this E.P. option.
(6 EP) Gain the maximum amount on your Hit Points or M.D.C. per level rating (per your Race/R.C.C. or rarely O.C.C.)
    Example: A human gains 6 Hit Points. Kydian Overlords gains 12 Hit Points. The Grackletooth gets 18 M.D.C.

And before anyone starts whining about that being too much for any particular number, remember they already paid for the class and race combo or have it grandfathered in. EP Costs are suggestions, of course.

optional limits include: only as many as you have levels, only 3/5 per character, etc. - Note I'm not a fan of any limits; you could roll really crappily, and therefore I think it's balanced enough.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 am

I like CHSC's proposal, but would encourage either a limit or a progressive cost for each purchase beyond the first. Also, please include a pricing reduction for patron tiers.

Also, for clarification, would the 6 E.P. one be a one-time per character purchase (max on rolls forever) or a one-time additional bonus of the maximum? If the first, the cost should probably be around 8-10 E.P or even more.

We could also have a:

50 E.P. Ignore Luck Unlock: Player assumes maximum value of all level-related rolls for Hit Points, M.D.C., P.P.E., and I.S.P. (1d4=4, 1d6=6, 2d6=12, and so on.)
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:38 am

You buy one level at maximum or you buy a roll. Same as buying choice on a table or buying a roll on said table.

It's up to Augur to set prices. It's up to me to set what I see as the value. And I won't even begin to go into my thoughts on the pricing tiers. It's not an appropriate venue.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Tiree » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I would like to brainstorm a few additions to the EP menu.

1. Increasing your Psionic Ranking
    (5 EP) No Psionic Ability to Minor.
    (10 EP) Minor to Major.
    (20 EP) Major to Master.

Increased Psionic Ranking past Minor is not available to those characters who have applied Fortune and Glory

Explanation of Benefits:
    Rewards of this type must first be included in the player character's character sheet upon redemption. Then the new enhancement to psionic ability must be manifested as an in-character discovery through roleplay. Players and GMs are advised to coordinate in order to make this occur as soon as contextually possible. Note: Non-Psionic characters who gain this ability, gains ME in ISP, and +1d6 ISP per level going forward.

Why for the change?
    The following rules are present under the EP redemption of purchasing a new psionic powers (Emphasis added for clarity).
    Current Psionic Requirements wrote:Rewards of this type must first be included in the player character's character sheet upon redemption. Then the new ability/power must be manifested as an in-character discovery through roleplay. Players and GMs are advised to coordinate in order to make this occur as soon as contextually possible. Power selection is determined as normal. Necessarily, non-psychics cannot develop psychic abilities, "super" psionics are still exclusive to master psychics, and non-mutants cannot develop super powers.

What I would like to add is the ability for Non, Minor, and Major Psychics the ability to gain psionic powers as a progression of their character. To show advancement, natural aptitude, or some freak of nature change that the character spontaneously manifest. The cost is high on purpose, as this is a major alteration to a character. Characters who purchase this power, must not have already taken Fortune of Glory (as it is incompatible). This ability does not grant any psionic powers, but allows the character to gain them.
Code: Select all
[b]Increasing your Psionic Ranking[/b]
[b][color=#0000FF](5 EP)[/color][/b] No Psionic Ability to Minor.
[b][color=#0000FF](10 EP)[/color][/b] Minor to Major.
[b][color=#0000FF](20 EP)[/color][/b] Major to Master.

[u]Increased Psionic Ranking past Minor is not available to those characters who have applied Fortune and Glory[/u]

[b]Explanation of Benefits:[/b]
[color=#0000FF]Rewards of this type must first be included in the player character's character sheet upon redemption. Then the new enhancement to psionic ability must be manifested as an in-character discovery through roleplay. Players and GMs are advised to coordinate in order to make this occur as soon as contextually possible.  [b]Note:[/b]  Non-Psionic characters who gain this ability, gains ME in ISP, and +1d6 ISP per level going forward.[/color]

1. Increasing Spell Strength
    (5 EP) Spell Strength +1.
    (10 EP) Spell Strength +2.
    (15 EP) Spell Strength +3.

Explanation of Benefits:
    Rewards of this type take effect immediately upon redemption and inclusion in the player character's character sheet. Spell Strength Boosts do not stack, and each redemption is separate.

Why for the change?
    This change would increase the character's spell strength by the value purchased. The reason behind this change is to have that new character who is naturally stronger in the magical arts than normal. The value is high, because it modifies the TN of an opposing roll. Also a 15th level Mystic has the potential to have a Spell Strength of 20!.
Code: Select all
[b]Increasing Spell Strength[/b]
[b][color=#0000FF](5 EP)[/color][/b] Spell Strength +1.
[b][color=#0000FF](10 EP)[/color][/b] Spell Strength +2.
[b][color=#0000FF](15 EP)[/color][/b] Spell Strength +3.

[b]Explanation of Benefits:[/b]
[color=#0000FF]Rewards of this type take effect immediately upon redemption and inclusion in the player character's character sheet. Spell Strength Boosts do not stack, and each redemption is separate.[/color]
Tiree
Admin

Postby Sentinel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 am

Those are neat suggestions Tiree I endorse though EP cost may be a bit high as you still have to pay for additional psionic powers. Spell strength seems on point though.

I noticed a significant increase in activity in those utilizing xp boosts. Could I propose adding the XP boost permantly to the EP menu?

Suggested
3 EP Base cost

The cost is based on the fact this is not free xp as it is a direct return on effort of the player. The more he posts the more he gets, the better the player and group thrives. That is a win win for the group and player.

I had a break down of the value of the boost, but was advised to leave it off for now. To summarize the suggested EP cost is comparable to the LVL boost EP purchase during chargen.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 am

I like all of these as well.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 pm

BUMP

Also, do we need an EP option to purchase Magical Tattoos?
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm sensing a permanent demand here, and so will create a sticky thread in the EP forum for suggestions & discussion.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 am

Augur wrote:I'm sensing a permanent demand here, and so will create a sticky thread in the EP forum for suggestions & discussion.

It does seem like a good idea. Easy enough to make another thread to discuss more complex EP ideas as we need them.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet
[OOC]bonuses in green apply only when Force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 130/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)

Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Tune in to the EU chat channel, Wi-Fi. It's already been done. Viva hangouts!
Augur
Admin

Return to Augur's Corner Office