COVID 19

Fan art, fiction, OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.

Moderator: Augur

COVID 19

Postby Victor Singer » Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 am

Ok, so I am not trying to stir up trouble or start a debate here. This post is NOT political, so just don't ok?

I am a stay at home dad by trade. I have a 3 year old daughter. My wife works in a doctors office only 6 minutes from our house. All in all, quarantine has not effected us much, other then trying to find a source of TP. My daughter has not been outside our house since lockdown started. I have only left to grocery shop. My wife of course, still goes to work. Just so we are all clear, COVID 19 is very real. The lockdown is for our safety as citizens of the U.S.. It is NOT meant to infringe on our rights. So please stay the hell home unless it is necessary to go out! Why? Let me give you an example of why. Just last week, my wifes employer found out one of their patients who HAS to come in for appointments tested positive (and is apparently in the hospital for treatment now). The doctors at her clinic immediately started sending all employees and their employees families (to include our daughter and me) to get tested. The upside is; they footed the entire bill. The downside; the way they scheduled it all meant I had to make 3 trips to a hospital right near downtown Austin. Point is, please, please, please....STAY HOME! Stop spreading this crap. It's real. And Q-tips are sharper then they look!
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: COVID 19

Postby Sentinel » Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Yup. My cousin is on a respirator in ICU and likely not going to survive. My family's friend lost both parents and Aunt this month. It is not a hoax and I am appalled that anyone in the Government is saying it is.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 450/450| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/7435 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Wed May 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Agreed.

In the UK, but I lost a friend to COVID-19. It will probably cause changes to society when this is over.
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Sentinel » Wed May 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Armstrong wrote:Agreed.

In the UK, but I lost a friend to COVID-19. It will probably cause changes to society when this is over.

I wish it were, but people are already refusing to change. Went to war over 2000 dead in the Twin Towers, yet can't stay home to save millions?
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 450/450| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/7435 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to Out of Character Topics