Swap Meet & Flea Market (22)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Swap Meet & Flea Market (22)

Postby Augur » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Meet organizers will mediate all sales of goods for players for a nominal fee of 500 credits plus 10% of final sales price (PC will need to put amount willing to take on item and I will pm and discuss if lower offer is asked for it)

All large weapons and explosives pulled from storage for the meet will be under armed surveillance by MercTown Defenders. As with elsewhere in MercTown a receipt for pick-up at the gates will by presented upon completion of the sale for the buyer.

(Hope this answers any questions on the swap meet rules and prices that have been raised.)
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Swap Meet & Flea Market (22)

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 am

Perception: 18+4=22
JIC d20: 4
JIC d100: 80

I.D. Undercover Agent 59%: 58 PASS
Streetwise 55%: 05 PASS
History: Post-Apocolyptic (MercTown) 63/58%: 83 FAIL (Helper roll to I.D. Defenders)

Kat has Cole pull up as close as he can to the appropriate trash can without looking suspicious. "Wait here. Keep an eye open." If the coast looks clear, Kat walks up to the trash can, pulls the rifles out and loads them in the duffle bag she just got from Naruni. The City Rat then walks back to Cole's car and hops in.

If the coast isn't clear by now, Kat has Cole drive on to the Job Market Cafe.

(Job Market Cafe)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cole » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 am

Perception: 8+7=15
JIC: 18/71%

Surveillance: skill 60%, rolled 34%, PASS (to spot anyone either staking out the trash can or otherwise keeping a watch on the area)

Cole slowly pulls the Rover up to the appropriate trash can and makes sure to hand Kat the leftover wrapper and empty coffee cups from the cafeteria at the hospital. Hopefully the trash will at least give something of a pretext to stopping at a trash can in case anyone was watching; the last thing they needed at the moment would be to have the Defenders coming down on their heads for possession of banned firearms within the city walls.

If Cole manages to spot anyone watching over the can specifically, he'll immediately alert Kat and move on to the Job Market Cafe without stopping at the can at all.

((Job-Market Cafe))
Cole

Postby Venatus Vinco » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:14 pm

When Kat and Cole arrive at the HUB Swap Meet they saw it is somewhat deserted, most of the stall owners and shoppers having cleared out during the shoot out. The CS soldiers who had been the last people standing also seem to have moved off as they, and the armor at the centre of all this commotion, were gone.

The devastation from the missile hits are still evident all around. A MercTown Defenders forensic unit has cordoned off the area of the fire fight and missile impacts. However, the lowly trash can where the PAS had stashed the weapons was, thankfully, outside the crime scene tape. Any on lookers in the area were too busy looking at the results of the battle to noticed what was happening at the lowly trash can.

Slowing down at the trash can Cole handed Kat some refuse to deposit in the can. She moved expertly removing the rifles and depositing them in the bag emblazoned with a Naurni logo. Kat was back in the vehicle before much of anything could happen and Cole drove away.

((Two TX-30s already reflected on Kat's Character Sheet))
Venatus Vinco
Venatus Vinco
Game Master

Postby Jenny Jeffries » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

Perception: 17+2(+5 vs. Machines/Magic)=19(22)
JIC d20: 6
JIC d100: 88

Charm/Impress: 28/35% PASS
Trust/Intimidate: 19/50% PASS
Wardrobe & Grooming: 52/68 PASS

Jenny makes her way to the swap meet, looking around at everything, but Jenny specifically is hunting for clothing.

The jumpsuit she's been wearing through Canada, the Robotech factory, and Eylor is getting a break.
Jenny Jeffries

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 am

As Jenny wanders the market, there are a few vendors that catch her eye. Einschtein, a gruff, older man, has a fantastic assortment of fashionable attire targeted towards the youthful as well as the extroverted. Amongst his wares are several jumpsuits, particularly those accented in vivid neons. Several of these seem to be copies of jumpsuits seen in popular vids. These suits run between 100 to 350 credits, the more elaborate clones costing more. Many of the suits can be had in versions made with MD materials, but cost ten times as much as the mundane examples. Einschtien, though it may surprise you, is reading Warhawk. Looks like two power armor pilots shaking hands... "I carry more sizes if you don't see a style in the size you want. Buy three, get the fourth free." He recites in a bored manner.

She also finds Chuck, an gracious Grackletooth, who carries used military surplus. The only neon color you see is orange on certain items. His jumpsuits are all military in nature, mostly pilot gear. You see articles from just about every manufacturers you know of and some you don't. There are many crates that look to have more items. Mundane jumpsuits run between 300 to 1500 credits. There are several MD varieties costing as much as 25,000 credits, but most in the 4-8,000 credit range. Seemingly anxious to help, the Grackletooth attempts to help you... and up sell you. "You have excellent eye! Suits best bargain Chuck has. You also need boots, yes? Boots best bargain Chuck has!" Never the less, the wares seem genuine.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Jenny Jeffries » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Perception: 6+2(5 vs. Machines/Magic)=8(11)
JIC d20: 14
JIC d100: 73

Jenny will take four jumpsuits (preferably neon pinks and yellows with black striping) from 'Misser Einchtein', none of them with M.D.C materials. Jenny simply doesn't have the money for expensive purchases until Titan writes her a check.

From Chuck, Jenny will buy one pilot's jumpsuit (the kind with Velcro for patches) and one pair of boots.

Jenny is also looking around for a sundress and sandals.
Jenny Jeffries

Postby Ace of Spades » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Near Einschteins you find another vendor with both sandals and a sundress. The sundresses are 25 credits each and sandals are 10 for the simple variety, up to 150 credits for very trendy hiking capable sandals.

((Do you want these purchases to come out of BMC?))
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Jenny Jeffries » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 pm

(Rolls Held)

Jenny buys one sundress, preferably yellow or orange. And matching sandals- not expensive.

After the purchases are concluded, the Techno-Wizard heads back to the compound.

(Explorers Inc Compound)

(Yeah the B.M. card is the only funds Jenny has right now.)
Jenny Jeffries

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Perception 1d100 = 44
JIC 1d20 = 1
JIC 1d100 = 82

Dhaltuun walks around, just checking out the stalls. He makes his way towards the farmer’s market area. ”Holy Fuck!! There be a shit ton of different peoples here. He keeps looking around for about 30 minutes, then decides to find food. ”Where to , Marcella? The guard circled his place..” He points at “The Job Market Cafe” ”...What do you think?” He folds up he map and heads off, caressing Marcella as he walks. ”This place is way to much for me. Give me a good wind, strong sails, and the feel of deck under my feet any day over this. Nice place to visit but i couldn’t do it all the time. “

((Job Market Cafe))
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Barracuda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 72

Ben arrives at the Flea Market and looks around at all of the various booths and vendors. Getting lost in the diversity of products, it takes him a solid ten minutes to refocus his attention on his goals. Clothes. Regular, non super-hero costume clothes. He starts looking around for a clothing booth that has menswear. Once there, he looks for/asks if they have blue jeans and button up shirts in purple, teal and dark blue.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:43 pm

The first booth you find is actually a large truck pulled in long ways with an opening side. A fashionably dressed man helps you. "Yes sir! I do have blue jeans and a purple button up. If you buy both, you get the hat for free! I just got the latest designs! This style is all the rage in Lazlo right now." he says, showing you a catalog.

"I'm positive I can get the shirt in black as well. I'm not sure about teal. How many would you like?"

He also has styles for the less fashion conscious, including boot cut jeans, solid t-shirts and some plain button ups as well. 40 credits for a pair of "last season's" jeans, 15 for a "blue collar" t-shirt and 35 for an "uninspired button-up".
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Barracuda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 68

Barracuda has to restrain himself from laughing out loud in the merchants face. Holy shit, look at those pants! Knowing that the look on his face is more than likely giving him away, he lets the merchant in on his little secret. "Sorry, where I come from, those pants are a few...seasons out of style. I'll take five pairs of your boot cut jeans, three purple button ups, three in black, five solid t-shirts, and..." He looks down at his feet realizing that his immunity to melee attacks combined with his affinity for aquatics means that he forgot to put on shoes in public... again. "... and a pair of boots and a pair of sneakers, if you've got em." He flashes the man a large smile, trying to show his appreciation for the work that he is putting in... even if he did just try to sell him bell bottoms.
Barracuda

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda

Postby Virtus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 pm

The man looks bewildered at your critique of the latest fashions. "A man with your physique needs to set himself apart. But the customer is always right. Are you sure you don't want to try on the hat?" Content with providing your desired purchase, he seems to lament but is polite and cheerful regardless. "Thank you for your purchase! Please come again.".

The sounds of the market are both chaotic but also so mundane as to be comforting. The sky is blue, the smell of food rumbles your tummy and the diversity of offerings in the market inspire curiosity. Still something doesn't feel quite right. You can't put your finger on it. Perhaps it is all in your head, but a general sense of wariness has grown. It is possible you are just hungry. If you look around though, all seems right with the world... or at least as much as it ever is in MercTown.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Barracuda » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 19

"Thanks!" Barracuda takes his purchase and takes a look around the market. I got clothes... I think its time I full embrace this aquatic heritage of mine. New weapon time!

Barracuda heads to Weapons of Yore.
Barracuda

Barracuda

Postby Vheld » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 3, Original post: 1d100 = 7
PER: Original post: 1d20+8 = 27

Unceremoniously setting Bel'Dar down just outside the market (regardless of the stir it may or may not cause), Vheld sets out looking primarily for junk. Trinkets, charms, and cheap jewelry he can use to create six new talismans (the cheaper and less assuming, the better). In addition, Vheld is looking for a large, heavy duty dog collar for Sil- one that will not be destroyed easily (i.e., made of MDC materials) and with a framework that will allow him to easily attach several talismans to it.

For the dog collar, Vheld will pay any price within reason. For the talismans, he won't bother to haggle for any price under 100 credits apiece (which should more than cover the kind of junk he's looking for).

Once Vheld has found a suitable collar, and sufficient junk for six new talismans, it is back to the Mages' Guild.

((--> Mages' Guild))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
MDC: 145/145 (Slithn)
PPE: 315/315 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld PPE 1 + 2- 50/50 PPE left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Vheld finds a collar that should serve his purpose.

Military-Grade Collar
  • M.D.C.: 25
  • Weight: 3 lbs

Code: Select all
[b]Military-Grade Collar[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2LpVLhD.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]M.D.C.: 25
[*]Weight: 3 lbs[/list][/size]

And six baubles:

Code: Select all
[img]https://i.imgur.com/0fRFmcI.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/cdjKdbB.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/bQwZVsj.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/cInqQXA.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/RSinVfp.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rAFF6Xc.png[/img]

The total cost is 3000 credits.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Return to The Hub