The Job Market Cafe (30)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 am

(Rolls Held)

Eyeballing the Dwarf
Lore: D-Bee 58%: 1d100 = 26
Lore: Magic 58%: 1d100 = 21
--Recognize Enchantment: 42%: 1d100 = 25

When someone new to the scene speaks at Analoy, and interrupting the interview taking place at the same table, Kat gives the dwarf a once-over. Everyone seems so impatient to get to an interview today. More bitches. Think this one uses magic. What are the twelve divines thinking here? Whatever it is, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Today, at least. The City Rat rolls her eyes at the group's random luck.

The City Rat then smiles at Analoy and waits for her to respond to the dwarf's inquiry.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm

(rolls held over)

Susan Lee wrote:Susan tries to hold still during Jez's examination and partially succeeds. "Thank you, I tried to get the best armor I could thinking that staying alive would be the most important element of success and that it will be more likely that I can acquire a weapon, for example from a fallen opponent, than to get quality armor in the field."

Jez simply nods in response. Frak, this woman's energy could power a jump drive.
Kat Porter wrote:"...Lemme ask you a few questions, Susan." Kat smiles and leads with a doozy. "What the fuck are you ON?"

Jez mostly filters out Kat's own words until she inquires about something outside of Jez's expectations. Jez then cocks her head to one side and takes another, longer look at Susan. (28 perception roll result assumption) Stims. You can just see the beginning signs around the edges of her eyes and around the corners of her mouth, and it's evident in her energetic jitters.
Susan Lee wrote:"I've had two pots of coffee... I also took a hit of Boing-Go before I came in here. I was nervous and it was to steady my nerves. Normally I only take it for long research sessions. And no, I currently don't have a rifle. I don't have enough money to get a new one, but was hoping to find a used one in MercTown at a discount, or possibly trade my skills for a few days to raise further funds."

"I take it 'Boing-Go' is a stim then." Jez shudders slightly. "I've been on stims myself from time to time. Extended combat action sometimes makes that crap a necessary evil. You gotta watch that shit like a Jujak eyeing a storm. If you let it use you instead of the other way around, you're likely to get people killed."
Corrigan wrote:For lack of anything standing out, she asks someone she doesn't know: Analoy. "Anythin' half decent for someone who wants to smack a few things with her hammer and shoot a few guns? Talk of anyone interesting taking on people even?"

Jez gives Analoy a conspiratorial wink and waits for her to respond to the short, hairy woman's inquiry.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy twists her head to the side to see where this new voice is coming from. Upon seeing the dwarf woman apparently talking to her, Analoy looks her up and down and says, "Luck must have blessed you today. As it turns out, my bosses here are forming a new mercenary company." She offers the woman, that's even shorter than herself, a smile and continues, "If you wait for a moment, once they're done with the Doctor here, I'm sure they can spare a few to talk to you."

Analoy cuts a look to Jez and Kat then nods, waiting to see if this is okay or if she should bounce the dwarf woman away from their table.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fiona » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 33
Conditions: None.

Fiona decides to turn her attention away from Jez, Kat, the strange drugged up doctor, and the newcomer dwarf to look back at Fixer. "Your cousin Sulley, is there a picture on the disk? If not could you describe him for me? Is your cousin a farmer, a miner, or just a trader? I only ask to get to know him better in case he's not of sorts when we find him. Is Cadiz near anything major in the Federation of Magic, like outposts or cranky wizard towers? I spent some time in the southern half a few years back, but I wasn'y exactly given a tour of the area." Fiona asks Fixer in calm measured tones, trying to ignore the mild ruckus of Jez and Kat's interviews and interviewees. It's a shame that someone goes missing... Only the real powerful have the resources to have people go out and look. I'm not saying Fixer is a bad guy, but not everyone has a rich relative to help them in times of need... Fiona thinks, her thoughts mirroring her experiences with her awful parents.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 31

Cordelia holds the tablet like a new born and addresses it like a golden idol. She begins scanning through the data and scratching notes on her pad. There is plenty of data here that answers many of her questions but doesn't answer what may have happened. She is was jaw agape and in full immersion until she heard Susan admit her drug use.
"What! What!"she does an actual double take and almost tosses the tablet. She can now not take her eyes off of the doctor. I let her swab my mouth... shutters. Thinks of the absolutely worst things that could happen.
Checks her pulse. Pulls out a mirror and checks her color. She tries to get back into the data, but now shes distracted. She takes a dry gulp and swallows.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Susan nods to Jez, "Yes, it's a stimulant. It helps to keep focused and going for longer. It's very strong, so I try not to use it too often."

But more and more lately...
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:29 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat literally shrugs at the drug habit Susan reveals. "You can kill yourself however you like. Don't let it mess up our thing, and I could give two fucks." At least she's honest enough. Hope she's being honest with herself.

Kat flags down a server and requests an Adam's Cola and a grilled cheese.

"Okay. You are hired, but you are on probation for our first job. Now scoot over and let the dwarf sit down."

Kat motions Corrigan to the open spot.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Consumer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 am

Two Claws wrote:"Thank you so much, this smells delicious. Funny you should ask me that question, yes I am looking for work. Do you have anything in mind or at least point me in some type of direction? " Adjusting her posture to show more respect as Two Claws speaks her response to waitress. She waits patiently with a smile and hands folded in her lap. She tries not to be too tempted by the smells of the food.



The waitress smiles. "I know of a local group that is always looking for new talent and I think you would make a good fit for them. If you'd like I can give you the address to their base of operations. I am certain that they'll have you." The waitress says again with what Two Claws can tell is a genuine smile. The woman hands Two Claws a piece of paper with both written directions and a, just above crudely drawn map. Two Claws is pretty certain that she could find her way to the location with the given information.

Post here!
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Everything he knows about Cadiz. Fixer Knows a lot. Directories of residents of the town. Maps of the area. Nothing to suggest what may have happened. At least to Cordelia. She is book learned but not in the ways of the real world. She organized it.
" There certainly is a lot here. I'm ready. Its still anyone's guess what happened, but here are the best routes into town and points of interest in the area we should investigate if no ones home. Its not a big place I think we could check the whole area fairly quickly. As to how we do that I'll leave to the boss."
She handed the tablet back to Jez.
Lets do this.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

"Thank you, I intend to make sure that you wish to keep me retained after this initial period!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 am

Susan Lee wrote:"Thank you, I intend to make sure that you wish to keep me retained after this initial period!"



(Rolls Held)

Kat shrugs again at Susan's statement. The City Rat does extend her hand for a shake. "Welcome aboard."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Two Claws » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm

->Rolls carried over<-

Consumer wrote:The waitress smiles. "I know of a local group that is always looking for new talent and I think you would make a good fit for them. If you'd like I can give you the address to their base of operations. I am certain that they'll have you." The waitress says again with what Two Claws can tell is a genuine smile. The woman hands Two Claws a piece of paper with both written directions and a, just above crudely drawn map. Two Claws is pretty certain that she could find her way to the location with the given information.

Post here!


Two Claws accepts the piece of paper from the waitress. She take a brief moment to look over the paper. Folding it back up and tucking it into her front right pants pocket, before shifting her attention back to the waitress. "Thank you so much. This is very helpful and much appreciated. You have been very kind and I will not forget it. All my needs I believe, have been meet and I shall not hinder your ability to fulfill your duties any longer. Take care untill the next time we meet. Huy'." Waiting until the waitress leaves, Two Claws finishes her meal and then tidies up her table, so there will be minimal work for the waitress. She gathers her belonings and heads off in the direction laid out by the peice of paper.

--(Templar Base)--
User avatar
Two Claws
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 pm

[rolls held]

After Kat dismissed the Doc, Analoy looks around at the assembled group. Jez and Kat are gonna talk to scruffie and Fiona's still talking to Fixer. Not much left for me to do. She stands and looks at Susan and Cordelia the pats Cordelia on the back and says, "Lets go show the Doc around the Hangar and let out bosses talk to our new friend unimpeded." She motions to the door with a nod of her head.

Giving Susan a smile as they cross the room, Analoy says, "I suppose you'll want to examine me at some point, as I'm a bit sturdier than your average human." Passing through the doors Analoy notes the cool temperatures as she crosses over to Cordelia's Salamander for a ride back to the base. I'm gonig to have to find a cloak or something soon. If the temperature continues to drop, a magic ring or something might be my best bet.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron