The Job Market Cafe (30)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 am

(Rolls Held)

Eyeballing the Dwarf
Lore: D-Bee 58%: 1d100 = 26
Lore: Magic 58%: 1d100 = 21
--Recognize Enchantment: 42%: 1d100 = 25

When someone new to the scene speaks at Analoy, and interrupting the interview taking place at the same table, Kat gives the dwarf a once-over. Everyone seems so impatient to get to an interview today. More bitches. Think this one uses magic. What are the twelve divines thinking here? Whatever it is, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Today, at least. The City Rat rolls her eyes at the group's random luck.

The City Rat then smiles at Analoy and waits for her to respond to the dwarf's inquiry.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm

(rolls held over)

Susan Lee wrote:Susan tries to hold still during Jez's examination and partially succeeds. "Thank you, I tried to get the best armor I could thinking that staying alive would be the most important element of success and that it will be more likely that I can acquire a weapon, for example from a fallen opponent, than to get quality armor in the field."

Jez simply nods in response. Frak, this woman's energy could power a jump drive.
Kat Porter wrote:"...Lemme ask you a few questions, Susan." Kat smiles and leads with a doozy. "What the fuck are you ON?"

Jez mostly filters out Kat's own words until she inquires about something outside of Jez's expectations. Jez then cocks her head to one side and takes another, longer look at Susan. (28 perception roll result assumption) Stims. You can just see the beginning signs around the edges of her eyes and around the corners of her mouth, and it's evident in her energetic jitters.
Susan Lee wrote:"I've had two pots of coffee... I also took a hit of Boing-Go before I came in here. I was nervous and it was to steady my nerves. Normally I only take it for long research sessions. And no, I currently don't have a rifle. I don't have enough money to get a new one, but was hoping to find a used one in MercTown at a discount, or possibly trade my skills for a few days to raise further funds."

"I take it 'Boing-Go' is a stim then." Jez shudders slightly. "I've been on stims myself from time to time. Extended combat action sometimes makes that crap a necessary evil. You gotta watch that shit like a Jujak eyeing a storm. If you let it use you instead of the other way around, you're likely to get people killed."
Corrigan wrote:For lack of anything standing out, she asks someone she doesn't know: Analoy. "Anythin' half decent for someone who wants to smack a few things with her hammer and shoot a few guns? Talk of anyone interesting taking on people even?"

Jez gives Analoy a conspiratorial wink and waits for her to respond to the short, hairy woman's inquiry.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy twists her head to the side to see where this new voice is coming from. Upon seeing the dwarf woman apparently talking to her, Analoy looks her up and down and says, "Luck must have blessed you today. As it turns out, my bosses here are forming a new mercenary company." She offers the woman, that's even shorter than herself, a smile and continues, "If you wait for a moment, once they're done with the Doctor here, I'm sure they can spare a few to talk to you."

Analoy cuts a look to Jez and Kat then nods, waiting to see if this is okay or if she should bounce the dwarf woman away from their table.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fiona » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 33
Conditions: None.

Fiona decides to turn her attention away from Jez, Kat, the strange drugged up doctor, and the newcomer dwarf to look back at Fixer. "Your cousin Sulley, is there a picture on the disk? If not could you describe him for me? Is your cousin a farmer, a miner, or just a trader? I only ask to get to know him better in case he's not of sorts when we find him. Is Cadiz near anything major in the Federation of Magic, like outposts or cranky wizard towers? I spent some time in the southern half a few years back, but I wasn'y exactly given a tour of the area." Fiona asks Fixer in calm measured tones, trying to ignore the mild ruckus of Jez and Kat's interviews and interviewees. It's a shame that someone goes missing... Only the real powerful have the resources to have people go out and look. I'm not saying Fixer is a bad guy, but not everyone has a rich relative to help them in times of need... Fiona thinks, her thoughts mirroring her experiences with her awful parents.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 31

Cordelia holds the tablet like a new born and addresses it like a golden idol. She begins scanning through the data and scratching notes on her pad. There is plenty of data here that answers many of her questions but doesn't answer what may have happened. She is was jaw agape and in full immersion until she heard Susan admit her drug use.
"What! What!"she does an actual double take and almost tosses the tablet. She can now not take her eyes off of the doctor. I let her swab my mouth... shutters. Thinks of the absolutely worst things that could happen.
Checks her pulse. Pulls out a mirror and checks her color. She tries to get back into the data, but now shes distracted. She takes a dry gulp and swallows.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Susan nods to Jez, "Yes, it's a stimulant. It helps to keep focused and going for longer. It's very strong, so I try not to use it too often."

But more and more lately...
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:29 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat literally shrugs at the drug habit Susan reveals. "You can kill yourself however you like. Don't let it mess up our thing, and I could give two fucks." At least she's honest enough. Hope she's being honest with herself.

Kat flags down a server and requests an Adam's Cola and a grilled cheese.

"Okay. You are hired, but you are on probation for our first job. Now scoot over and let the dwarf sit down."

Kat motions Corrigan to the open spot.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Consumer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 am

Two Claws wrote:"Thank you so much, this smells delicious. Funny you should ask me that question, yes I am looking for work. Do you have anything in mind or at least point me in some type of direction? " Adjusting her posture to show more respect as Two Claws speaks her response to waitress. She waits patiently with a smile and hands folded in her lap. She tries not to be too tempted by the smells of the food.



The waitress smiles. "I know of a local group that is always looking for new talent and I think you would make a good fit for them. If you'd like I can give you the address to their base of operations. I am certain that they'll have you." The waitress says again with what Two Claws can tell is a genuine smile. The woman hands Two Claws a piece of paper with both written directions and a, just above crudely drawn map. Two Claws is pretty certain that she could find her way to the location with the given information.

Post here!
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Everything he knows about Cadiz. Fixer Knows a lot. Directories of residents of the town. Maps of the area. Nothing to suggest what may have happened. At least to Cordelia. She is book learned but not in the ways of the real world. She organized it.
" There certainly is a lot here. I'm ready. Its still anyone's guess what happened, but here are the best routes into town and points of interest in the area we should investigate if no ones home. Its not a big place I think we could check the whole area fairly quickly. As to how we do that I'll leave to the boss."
She handed the tablet back to Jez.
Lets do this.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

"Thank you, I intend to make sure that you wish to keep me retained after this initial period!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 am

Susan Lee wrote:"Thank you, I intend to make sure that you wish to keep me retained after this initial period!"



(Rolls Held)

Kat shrugs again at Susan's statement. The City Rat does extend her hand for a shake. "Welcome aboard."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Two Claws » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm

->Rolls carried over<-

Consumer wrote:The waitress smiles. "I know of a local group that is always looking for new talent and I think you would make a good fit for them. If you'd like I can give you the address to their base of operations. I am certain that they'll have you." The waitress says again with what Two Claws can tell is a genuine smile. The woman hands Two Claws a piece of paper with both written directions and a, just above crudely drawn map. Two Claws is pretty certain that she could find her way to the location with the given information.

Post here!


Two Claws accepts the piece of paper from the waitress. She take a brief moment to look over the paper. Folding it back up and tucking it into her front right pants pocket, before shifting her attention back to the waitress. "Thank you so much. This is very helpful and much appreciated. You have been very kind and I will not forget it. All my needs I believe, have been meet and I shall not hinder your ability to fulfill your duties any longer. Take care untill the next time we meet. Huy'." Waiting until the waitress leaves, Two Claws finishes her meal and then tidies up her table, so there will be minimal work for the waitress. She gathers her belonings and heads off in the direction laid out by the peice of paper.

--(Templar Base)--
M.D. : 75 / 75
I.S.P. : 28 / 28
P.P.E. : 81 / 81
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 pm

[rolls held]

After Kat dismissed the Doc, Analoy looks around at the assembled group. Jez and Kat are gonna talk to scruffie and Fiona's still talking to Fixer. Not much left for me to do. She stands and looks at Susan and Cordelia the pats Cordelia on the back and says, "Lets go show the Doc around the Hangar and let our bosses talk to our new friend unimpeded." She motions to the door with a nod of her head.

Giving Susan a smile as they cross the room, Analoy says, "I suppose you'll want to examine me at some point, as I'm a bit sturdier than your average human." Passing through the doors Analoy notes the cool temperatures as she crosses over to Cordelia's Salamander for a ride back to the base. I'm gonig to have to find a cloak or something soon. If the temperature continues to drop, a magic ring or something might be my best bet.
Last edited by Analoy on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 2
Cordelia is still kind of uneasy about the Dr. after the drug comment. But is trying to be an adult about it. Kat barely batted an eye about it, so it must not be a big deal, Right? She leaves a big tip for Daisy and hopes she doesn't hold a grudge. Time to go.
"Do we still have time to check out the market. I can always go later but if we aren't in a rush I would love to check them out and see if there is anything useful. "

She follows out to the Salamander and lets Analoy inside. She is excited about the mission and doesn't know if she can really focus on shopping but she may still need some gear.
"I dont really know if Im equipt for this mission. Any idea of what we may need."
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Susan nods to Analoy and follows along. "The more data the better!"

Although if you're only tougher from magic tattoos, it won't help much...

"Your team has a whole base? That's really neat! I got lucky running into you so fast."

In response to Cordelia's statement about mission gear, she says, "We'll probably need tools to fix the mining equipment if we find it. Is one of the team a mechanic?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:12 pm

(Rolls Held)

Trust/Intimidate: 65% 1d100 = 86 (calling the shots)

Kat snaps a finger at Fi and ends her gesture with one pointing at her. "Go with Analoy and them." Kat continues, a tad louder, so the other GIRLS in question can hear. "Get the shopping done before returning to base. We're leaving by tomorrow, so don't dawdle." Kat's sunglasses-covered eyes drift over the new doctor, the teacher, and the inked-up girls. "Make sure the new hire is packing heat." Then Kat nods her head toward the exit.

Turning back to Corrigan. She slowly lists off questions, giving the dwarf plenty of time to answer. "I'm Kat, this is Jez." Kat jerks a thumb at her partner. "What's your name, what's your specialty, what other skills do you possess that might be useful?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy looks over to Cordelia, "Sure, I don't see why we can't swing through the market. Though you might want to ask Jez and Kat for some funds. As is, I only have about six thousand, and that's not going to get us anything beyond the mundane day to day supplies and food." She gives a look to bring the doctor into the conversation, "As far as what we'll need for the missions. For the stolen mining equipment, I'm guessing we'll need to be ready for a fight." She nods to Susan, "We can't assume the the equipment will still be in good repair after the theft and yes, Fiona is the team's mechanic. But there's no way to know what type of replacement parts we might need."

Analoy gives a little sigh, "As for the silent village, could be a busted radio or generator, could be a slavers or a d'bee monster ate them all. There's really no way to tell, so its best prepare for as many possibilities as you can but unless you know the specifics stick with the basics; transportation, weapons, armor, medical and food."

Turns fully to Susan, Analoy says, "Based upon what you've stated so far, I'm not sure if I could aid you. I'm not a mutant or anything like like. My magical tattoos have conveyed a certain resilience to me personally. I suppose you would consider it more like the 'current fad' of cybernetics." She gives Susan a little grin as she uses the doctor's term for what cyber is.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 pm

(Rolls Held)

Computer Operation 88%: 1d100 = 2
Computer Hacking 63%: 1d100 = 89

Kat thinks for a second about digging her card out of her boot. "Jez, lemme borrow your phone. Fi, lemme see your ID."

Via text message, Kat sends a temporary authorization for her account at the MercTown State Bank for Fiona, including a picture of her holding Fiona's ID card, so that their system can both see her face and the authorized citizen. If that runs into a snarl, Kat will crack her own account's permissions and add Fiona's ID number manually using the intranet link. "You should be able to pick up what funds you need from the State bank, with Fi's help." Kat clears the message and/or browser data from the phone's storage, then fills the phone with spam data from the city intranet, then purges the spam, and then hands it back to Jez.

Kat waits until they start to walk away to call out one more time. "Just remember, the assholes we fucked with yesterday failed at trying to rob me. Think about what I'd do to assholes who succeed before you try to get smart."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 am

[rolls held]

Analoy wrote:
She nods to Susan, "We can't assume the the equipment will still be in good repair after the theft and yes, Fiona is the team's mechanic. But there's no way to know what type of replacement parts we might need."

Analoy gives a little sigh, "As for the silent village, could be a busted radio or generator, could be a slavers or a d'bee monster ate them all. There's really no way to tell, so its best prepare for as many possibilities as you can but unless you know the specifics stick with the basics; transportation, weapons, armor, medical and food."

Turns fully to Susan, Analoy says, "Based upon what you've stated so far, I'm not sure if I could aid you. I'm not a mutant or anything like like. My magical tattoos have conveyed a certain resilience to me personally. I suppose you would consider it more like the 'current fad' of cybernetics." She gives Susan a little grin as she uses the doctor's term for what cyber is.


Susan smiles, "It's good to know we have so much in-house talent! We should be well situated to provide a range of disaster recovery services depending on the local situation. Magic tends to be a superior means of enhancement in those instances where it doesn't require repair or an object that can be removed from the enhanced person. I'd certainly be interested in seeing if you were changed on a genetic level, it's just unlikely based on my previous research. The ultimate goal would be to create stable, genetic enhancements that will breed true and can be rolled out to large populations. The main issues with cybernetics as a transitionary technology are the industry needed to back it, the repair requirements, and the fact that borgs can't have children slash continue the species. If we could produce the same effects through a magical process it would still be valuable and of more use in the long term."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fiona » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:15 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Fi hears Kat tell her what to do and quietly rolls her eyes, but doesn't say anything. I understand she's one of the bosses, but that just seems bossy. She thinks to herself before Kat asks for her I.D.. Fi digs her wallet out of her coveralls and hands the small plastic card over to Kat. "Here you go." Fi waits till Kat is done with her ID before putting it back into her wallet and stuffing the whole shebang back into her pocket. "We'll get going here in just a second and be back before too long."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Townsend » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Fixer nods at Kat's and Fiona's questions. "There's a picture of Sulley on the disc. He's a lumberjack, and he's okay..." he chuckles to himself. "Actually, he's runs a small mill that produces lumber for the town. And he's more or less the resident carpenter -- he made this table as a matter of fact..." He runs his hand over the table's surface. "He's also one of the town 'elders' -- even though he's younger than I am. He doesn't have any remaining family there in Cadiz, though. His wife and child died winter before last -- though he did mention that he had started talking to this scholar who took up residence not long ago. Said she was there studying the town's Golden Age history. He was finally starting to sound like his old self again the last time we talked."

Anyone pulling up his file in the computer (or psychically viewing it) will find this image:

Image

Information on the town itself is a little more detailed:

The Cadiz File wrote:The town of Cadiz:

SIZE -- Village. This is generally the largest that wilderness communities ever get, ranging up to around 250 inhabitants. Modern weaponry is used, but facilities for repairs and the like are primitive.

GOVERNMENT -- Commune. The inhabitants of this community live in a free society. Everyone is considered equal (at least the humans are, anyway) and disputes are handled by a group of elders. The current elders are:
• Sullivan (Sulley) Jones -- Lumberjack (Wilderness Scout)
• Bernard & Bianca Reitherman -- Bernard is an operator and Bianca is a Legacy Scout
• Roshi Dorquinal -- Elf mystic and resident healer
• Phyllis May -- Owner/proprietor of “The Real Geese”
• Jonas Grumby -- Retired Headhunter and current sheriff

NATURAL RESOURCES
• Mineral: Coal Mine. This city has the good fortune of being located near a large mineral deposit (coal). This community relies on mining for a large chunk of its revenue.
• Forest. This community is located near or in a forest. It will rely on the timber industry as a source of income and many inhabitants are experienced woodsmen.

LOCATION -- Wilderness. Sure, you're in the middle of nowhere, but you rarely have any problems with neighbors (there aren't any) and no one ever attacks you.

PRE-RIFTS HISTORY -- Small Town. A community located near the ruins of a small city is less likely to find fantastic new technology, but may come into the possession of books (from a library or school), some artifacts, and a sense of history.

ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUTSIDERS -- Neutral. Communities that take this attitude are generally subjected to a large transient population, like traders or other travelers. They are viewed as a necessary fact of life and might even be considered friends, but they are still outsiders. On an ideological level, all people are equal, but the villagers maintain a superior air.

RACISM -- Second Class Citizens. The inhabitants of this community are rather diverse, but one group (humans) is dominant. The sub-races have some rights, and on the whole aren’t treated badly (in fact some who have lived there for a long time and/or have contributed to the town’s defense/well-being are considered almost equal), but will always be discriminated against to some degree.

TECHNOLOGY LEVEL -- Atomic Age. In this city, the people have advanced to the level of the late 20th or 21st century. Nuclear technology is known of, but not widely used. Energy weapons are almost available for manufacturing and basic repairs might be possible.

MAGIC LEVEL -- Limited Magic. Various people in this town use magic, but they are few and far between. Those who do have learned to refrain from pursuing any of the darker arts if they want to remain a resident.

PSYCHIC LEVEL -- Limited Psionics. Psychics live in this town, but the total percentage of people with any form of psychic powers is less than 10%. Of those, perhaps 1% are master psychics.

MILITARY -- Militia. Cadiz requires each person to supply himself/herself when it comes to weapons, but the training is provided by the community. The level of training isn’t as good as what you’d find in MercTown, but this town has survived against fairly formidable foes in the past.

LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT -- Sheriff. An appointed sheriff and his deputies are the official police force. They generally act as police, judge, jury and executioner, but must follow the laws of the town, or be subject to an angry mob. Current holder of the post is Sheriff Grumby and his deputy known only as “Willy.”

NOTABLE BUSINESSES -- There are a few cottage shops in Cadiz, but the town’s main claim to fame (such as it is) is “The Real Geese,” a bar/tavern of clean-yet-average quality. There are a handful of tiny rooms that can be rented out for the night for travelers passing through.

POWER SOURCE -- Coal. Each building still has its own furnace, but the town sells coal as opposed to the residents having to cut their own wood (not that some don’t already do just that). Steam engines are also rather common.

WEALTH -- Blue Collar. This represents a lower middle class society. Generally, the people can survive a few lean years on their reserves, and a little bit of extra money can be made each year.

CRIMINAL ACTIVITY -- Petty Crime. The crimes in this town are limited to "mundane" acts, usually theft, the occasional assault, and the very rare murder. Most people still feel very safe and can walk around freely at night (though they still lock their doors just to be on the safe side).


The map is based on an old Pre-Rifts version, with the locations of both MercTown (identified by its old name of Paducah) and Cadiz, with the main two routes between the two marked. The northern route is slightly shorter over land, but traveling by boat can also get very close to the town before having to get out and journeying the rest of the way on land.

Paducah to Cadiz.PNG


There aren't any known places of significant magical power nearby -- outside of the fact that it's on the border of the Magic Zone. As far as large/monstrous animal life goes, it's about the average animal population of the region.

Before Kat covers her digital tracks, she gets a text message on Jez's phone acknowledging Fiona's temporary access to her accounts.

When the lady dwarf walks up and abruptly joins the conversation, Fixer just rolls his eyes and chuckles. "I swear, some days I understand why Daisy keeps folks away from me at meal time..." He turns his attention back to the ladies getting up to leave. "Does that answer your questions? Is there anything else you need to know before you head out?"


((OOC: Okay, those of you heading out to shop, put what you're looking to buy in the Dedicated Shopping Thread. Any last bit of recruiting *coughcoughCorrigancoughcough* go ahead and get that wrapped up this week. Next GM post will have you all back at the HQ unless you're specifically going somewhere else.))
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 67

"I have only a NG-35 pistol as a weapon and a T-42 suit. I feel a bit unprepared. I would like to get a force field or something. I would also like some better equipment for documenting the journey. A camera drone would be really helpful for videoing our actions and birds eye intel. Have either of you ever shopped in this area. I'm just a bit concerned about getting ripped off. Plus I have no idea what market value is in the area. I priced some of these things before I left Lazlo but I couldn't afford it then. I also thought it might be kind of sexy to get some knives. I'm pretty good with a throwing knife but I don't have any."
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 44

Analoy looks over at the Doc and Cordelia as they wait for Fiona, "Aside from food stuffs, the only thing I'd really like to get is a rifle and a cloak. I have the creds for the cloak and with my other talents, I can likely make due without the rifle. I guess anything like that that we buy is technically going to be group gear or belong to one of the bosses." She gives a little shrug, "I can make due without the rifle if its not in the budget."

Analoy nods to Cordelia, "Yeah, I've only been in town a couple days and even then, the uh, last place I worked provided everything. So I couldn't tell you what is a good deal or not."

Climbing up into the Salamander, Analoy chuckles, "This thing is huge. Though you may need to upgrade to an APC or tank for jobs. Or, if you don't mind Fiona tinkering with your hover-house, get her to add some weapons and more armor."

Flopping onto a couch, Analoy thinks, This should be an interesting job. Nobody knows each other and half of us are green as shit. Frak I wish James and Betty stuck around. Well, maybe they ran off together. She gives a little chuckle to herself.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Jezebel » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:18 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 48
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 27 (Leading with authority based on trust and mutual respect)

Analoy wrote:Analoy cuts a look to Jez and Kat then nods, waiting to see if this is okay or if she should bounce the dwarf woman away from their table.
Susan wrote:Susan nods to Jez, "Yes, it's a stimulant. It helps to keep focused and going for longer. It's very strong, so I try not to use it too often. Thank you, I intend to make sure that you wish to keep me retained after this initial period!"
Kat wrote:Kat motions Corrigan to the open spot.
Cordelia wrote:She hands the tablet back to Jez.

Jez nods to Analoy, affirming the woman's intuitive intent. She simply nods to Susan's explanation, and adds no further commentary on the matter. As Kat said, if she aims to kill herself that way, it's none of my business...so long as it doesn't interfere with our collective goals. She takes back her tablet from Cordelia and holsters it back in her harness.

Analoy wrote:She stands and looks at Susan and Cordelia the pats Cordelia on the back and says, "Lets go show the Doc around the Hangar and let our bosses talk to our new friend unimpeded." She motions to the door with a nod of her head.
Cordelia wrote:"Do we still have time to check out the market. I can always go later but if we aren't in a rush I would love to check them out and see if there is anything useful." She follows out to the Salamander and lets Analoy inside. "I don't really know if I'm equipped for this mission. Any idea of what we may need?"
Susan wrote:Susan nods to Analoy and follows along. "The more data the better!" Your team has a whole base? That's really neat! I got lucky running into you so fast." In response to Cordelia's statement about mission gear, she says, "We'll probably need tools to fix the mining equipment if we find it. Is one of the team a mechanic?"
Kat wrote:Kat snaps a finger at Fi and ends her gesture with one pointing at her. "Go with Analoy and them." Kat continues, a tad louder, so the other GIRLS in question can hear. "Get the shopping done before returning to base. We're leaving by tomorrow, so don't dawdle." Kat's sunglasses-covered eyes drift over the new doctor, the teacher, and the inked-up girls. "Make sure the new hire is packing heat." Then Kat nods her head toward the exit.
Kat wrote:Kat thinks for a second about digging her card out of her boot. "Jez, lemme borrow your phone. Fi, lemme see your ID." Via text message, Kat sends a temporary authorization for her account at the MercTown State Bank for Fiona, including a picture of her holding Fiona's ID card, so that their system can both see her face and the authorized citizen. If that runs into a snarl, Kat will crack her own account's permissions and add Fiona's ID number manually using the intranet link. "You should be able to pick up what funds you need from the State bank, with Fi's help." Kat clears the message and/or browser data from the phone's storage, then fills the phone with spam data from the city intranet, then purges the spam, and then hands it back to Jez. Kat waits until they start to walk away to call out one more time. "Just remember, the assholes we fucked with yesterday failed at trying to rob me. Think about what I'd do to assholes who succeed before you try to get smart."
Fiona wrote:Fi hears Kat tell her what to do and quietly rolls her eyes, but doesn't say anything. I understand she's one of the bosses, but that just seems bossy. She thinks to herself before Kat asks for her I.D.. Fi digs her wallet out of her coveralls and hands the small plastic card over to Kat. "Here you go." Fi waits till Kat is done with her ID before putting it back into her wallet and stuffing the whole shebang back into her pocket. "We'll get going here in just a second and be back before too long."
Cordelia wrote:"I have only a NG-35 pistol as a weapon and a T-42 suit. I feel a bit unprepared. I would like to get a force field or something. I would also like some better equipment for documenting the journey. A camera drone would be really helpful for videoing our actions and birds eye intel. Have either of you ever shopped in this area. I'm just a bit concerned about getting ripped off. Plus I have no idea what market value is in the area. I priced some of these things before I left Lazlo but I couldn't afford it then. I also thought it might be kind of sexy to get some knives. I'm pretty good with a throwing knife but I don't have any."

Jez rolls her eyes behind her goggles at Kat's rookie leadership style. Threats and bluster; not useful or appropriate under all circumstances, Kat. "Susan, I'll pick you up a long-arm after our last interview here. Don't think any further on the matter. Cordelia, your sidearm and armor are already more than suitable to your role, so don't start thinking about spending money you haven't already earned. Besides, girls, we don't know what the situation is, but if it requires brute force and firepower, I have plenty enough of that in my TR to deal with it. So focus on your strengths, not your shortcomings. Given the nature of the mission, your skill sets and curiosity are apt to be far more valuable than your aim with a rifle. Analoy, lead them all back to our base of operations. Get them set-up with rooms and a walk-through. Kat and I will be en route before too long. Tomorrow morning we head south. An hour before dawn would likely be best so we can arrive on scene with the maximum amount of available hours of daylight to interview people and do some reconnaissance. As such, we're all going to need a good night's rest. I'll see you all in about an hour. Dismissed!" She ends her spiel with a crisp fist to her heart salute and a louder tone of voice, then turns her back on the group of GIRLS and turns back to face the stout, hairy-faced, short woman.

Girls: Get posted to our base thread.




Last Interview
Kat wrote:Turning back to Corrigan. She slowly lists off questions, giving the dwarf plenty of time to answer. "I'm Kat, this is Jez." Kat jerks a thumb at her partner. "What's your name, what's your specialty, what other skills do you possess that might be useful?"


"Also, Kat implied that you're a 'dwarf.' What does that mean? Is she simply disparaging your height, or is there something more to that here?" (Jez does not have lore skills.)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fiona » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 85
Conditions: None.


Fiona looks at the information Fixer supplies and commits it to memory. "Alright ladies lets go and get this shopping trip done. So we can get on with finding mister Fixer's absent cousin." Fiona says as she finishes her drink and heads for the door. Once the others are in her truck She starts driving to the various locations that they'll have to go to get whatever they need. "So what are we getting exactly?" Fiona asks calmly as she turns a corner.

Fiona's Radio
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Analoy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 54

Jezebel wrote:Jez rolls her eyes behind her goggles at Kat's rookie leadership style. Threats and bluster; not useful or appropriate under all circumstances, Kat. "Susan, I'll pick you up a long-arm after our last interview here. Don't think any further on the matter. Cordelia, your sidearm and armor are already more than suitable to your role, so don't start thinking about spending money you haven't already earned. Besides, girls, we don't know what the situation is, but if it requires brute force and firepower, I have plenty enough of that in my TR to deal with it. So focus on your strengths, not your shortcomings. Given the nature of the mission, your skill sets and curiosity are apt to be far more valuable than your aim with a rifle. Analoy, lead them all back to our base of operations. Get them set-up with rooms and a walk-through. Kat and I will be en route before too long. Tomorrow morning we head south. An hour before dawn would likely be best so we can arrive on scene with the maximum amount of available hours of daylight to interview people and do some reconnaissance. As such, we're all going to need a good night's rest. I'll see you all in about an hour. Dismissed!" She ends her spiel with a crisp fist to her heart salute and a louder tone of voice, then turns her back on the group of GIRLS and turns back to face the stout, hairy-faced, short woman.

Girls: Get posted to our base thread.


As the most tactical of the four GIRLS going shopping, Analoy takes charge after giving Jez a sharp nod. "Okay, you heard the boss. I'll ride with Fiona. Cordelia, you take Susan and follow us. We'll hit the shops and then head back to the hangar where we can unload and I can give Susan a tour and get her room picked out."

With that said, Analoy slides into Fiona's truck, thinking, Okay, so I'll just find a cloak. If we come across anything untoward I'll just use my abilities. Gives me a good reason to show off what I can do without being a showoff. She bobs her head to the music Fiona is playing and grins to herself as the truck moves on to the shops.

When the shopping is all done, Analoy says, "I hope you got everything you needed because this is it for tonight. We're headed back to the base."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Corrigan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Perception: 1d20 | 1d20 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 7
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 94
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 7

OOC Note: I don't /think/ Eric commented on it, so I'm going to go out on a limb since it's my character: Corrigan is pretty clearly a dwarf. Nuhr dwarf if Kat knows the type. They are known for their rune magic among other things, even if it's not the wild and crazy rune magic that most people think when they hear that.

Corrigan's eyebrows uplift ever so slightly.

"Thanks." She murmurs to Analoy, then quiets up a moment as negotiations happen around her. She's cheerful at least, that's for sure. Even her eyes have a smile to them.

Her expression remains about as polite as she's ever had it, arms lifting to a cross while she leans her shoulder against the wall, one of the golden hammers she has hanging from her waist bonking off of her thigh.

It's a chance for the conversation to flow around her as the mercenaries address their various conversations and needs and it even gives her a chance to look people over.

Jezebel has most of Corrigan's attention, but Kat isn't lost from her view either.

When she's bid to sit, she does, folding her hands in her lap and waiting to be spoken to first.

"The assholes that failed to rob you?" Corrigan wonders out loud then moves on to answering Jezebel:

"Hello. Kat, Jez. Corrigan. You could say I do a whole lot of things! First off though, it's ... a little of both. I'm tall for my people, actually."

One hand scritches at her sideburn. "If I shave, could probably pass okay as a human. But yeah, I'm a Nuhr Dwarf. Take everything you've ever heard about dwarves and throw it overboard. We enjoy the sea, not stuffy underground. I'm a smith in my spare time, but in running with a crew... I'm a bit of a do everything. Pretty strong, swing a hammer pretty well, shoot heavy weapons decently, some magic as well. Personal combat magic and things to help my smithing mostly. I come with a couple of hammers and my own gun, but, sure could use some raw materials to make some armor before I'm a hundred percent adventurin' functional. Even just cheap iron's good enough for me, just need to find the time."
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Perception: 71%/1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 40

Jez keeps her cards close to chest. She doesn't express what her eyes are doing behind her goggles: rolling. Another one of these self-deluded frakkers who don't understand science. Oh joy. "Okay, so you're an engineer of sorts. Got it. You and Fiona will likely work well together. As for your projects and desires...earn your keep first. You won't have long to wait. We're leaving in the morning to resolve an issue and earn some credits and fame. Kat, if you've got further questions or what not, I leave that to you." Jez stands up from her seat, leans down a little to shake Corrigan's hand, and says simply "If I see you at dinner, I'll consider you to be provisionally on the team. Nice to meet you, Corrigan." Jez then departs for the hangar she now thinks of, tenuously, as a temporary "home".

(Girls HQ)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Perception: (I'm not gonna do the math, someone's gonna have to do it for me) 1d100 = 28
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Kat doesn't really like dwarves. The City Rat MAY be able to identify the various species, but she'd not bother really. The weapons they make however......

So Kat shrugs off asking any more questions. The teen has her eyes on a prize.

Kat makes a single statement after Jez's probationary statement. "A good enchanted throwing knife, After the first job." Kat extends her hand for a shake. After she gets that, Kat continues "We go on that job tomorrow. So go find yourself that armor cause you ain't got time to make it. Have them call me to arrange payment when you find it." Kat gives Corrigan the base number.** "Whatever you get is coming out of your first share of pay."

Kat stops at the Palace to collect her purchases- or claim chits for said items.

Needless to say if the long guns get handed to the City Rat inside the gates, she's gonna make a beeline to the Warrens and sell them to somebody for a huge markup instead of keep them. Preferably to someone who will use them to shoot at Greenskins or Mephisto's Horsemen with them.

Let's simply assume Kat gets claim chits, redeems them at the gate and makes her way back to base.

(The Fortress of the Females!)

(*This is my bah humbug sore loser moment procrastinating doing math I didn't want to do in the first place. I will do it, eventually.... probably.
**This is another blanket authorization for a purchase paid by Kat's MercTown bank account.)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Townsend » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 pm

The three-way conversation between Kat/Jez/Corrigan wraps up with a less-than-formal yet solid job offer for the dwarf-ette. Kat and Jez depart for the HQ, and after wandering around a bit finding costs of raw materials/scrap Corrigan manages to arrive there as well -- and is greeted by the irresistible fragrance of meat pies coming from the 2nd floor.

((OOC: almost done with scrap pricing; will post separately in the shopping thread. Speaking of, make sure any purchases Corrigan does this evening are entered there.))

((OOC: Also, any last-minute catching up you feel you need to take place this evening before heading out tomorrow need to be done in the G.I.R.L.S. HQ thread. Otherwise, go ahead and start making your posts in the adventure thread.))
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest