The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vinograd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 60
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (15+ Hours)

Vino comes walking into room and finds a seat out of the way of others. Oh what does he want us to do? Vino thinks as he listens to the newcomer give the spiel. Ooh something from space! I wonder where it came from? Vino thinks as the others negotiate the deal with the man. Vino stretches his limbs and gets comfortable, because he's not sure how long it will take.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 am

Rolls Carried:

(Assuming OOC post happens IC) Following the radio , Erg rushes back as soon as he can.
He does a quick double check to make sure he has the basics. Erg is pleased with his work sense they returned form the last mission. He feels as though he is much better prepared this time.

Previous-IC-Conversation-Note
If previous IC posted interaction / conversation with Vheld's contact had not completed already .. Erg would (as politely as possible) excuse himself for the emergency call.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 17 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 30

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Guarded/Impressed], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 68

As the trio hit the 1st floor Lahz turns to looks back at Ray, "Actually, Ray, take a credit card with 200k after you pull the Long E-Clips from the armory. Go to the NG Store and purchase an NG-E12 Heavy Plasma Ejector. That thing is dependable as all hell, then hit Naruni for a couple melee items and some explosiver. Radio if you run into any issues."
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 62
PER: 1d100 = 34 vs. 51%

Once the team has settled back down in the Haunt, Vheld's first order of business will be to retrieve the spell-learning materials he had lent to Vinograd (once it becomes clear that the dragon is going his own way and won't be rejoining the team for some time). Vheld will then head down to the Mages' Guild to refresh his energy spheres and re-up his guild dues while he's at it, to the tune of 200,000 credits.

That done, Vheld will peruse the library for spell-learning materials available for purchase. If he sees any of the below spells, he will purchase them.

Spell List wrote:Thunderclap (Level 1)
Light Target (Level 3)
Multiple Image (Level 4)
Watchguard (Level 4)
Aura of Death (Level 5)
Globe of Silence (Level 7)
Invisibility: Superior (Level 7)
Invulnerability (Level 7)
Life Drain (Level 7)
Second Sight (Level 7)
Locate (Level 8)
Magical-Adrenal Rush (Level 8)
Negate Magic (Level 8)


After that, purchases in hand, he will return to the Haunt to immerse himself in study for most of the two-week period, stopping only to refresh his sustain spell and energy spheres, and get the requisite four hours of sleep a night.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 306/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Conditions:

Happy to be home, Lahz heads up to his family's room to check in and see Aurelia and Kaiya. He checks the video feeds on Kit and Rex (their respective robotic bodyguards) and offers his wife a long kiss or-three before they head out for a night on the town. First to the Bubble Theater, then to the Elfin Tea Room. A short stop at the Haunt will drop Kaiya with Kit as a robotic butler/babysitter so that Mr. & Mrs. D'Gemmel can head out on the town to the Palace Hotel & Casino where the couple take a suite for the night and order up room service [~~ fade to black ~~].

Lahz will touch base with Carl about taking over the 2 Rooms on the 5th Floor as a Family-suite of rooms.

Lahz's other intentions are to make some acquisitions, do some banking, and look into some TW Upgrades for the Marauder:

Specifically Lahz will be removing his money from the Merctown State Bank, and depositing with the NGMI Bank instead. Secondly, he intends to drop $2,000,000 credits in an account for Aurelia to use and have access to (so she has cash if need be).

TW Upgrades
[*]Flight System [BoM Pg 335. This should run 500,000-600,000 for Standard, and would provide 30 Minutes Flight/15PPE ... however Lahz would like to pay to drop/adjust the efficiency to 10 Minutes/5 PPE if possible. This is the same ratio, but is a bit easier to afford since Lahz will be using ISP instead of PPE and may not always need 30 Minutes of flight.

[*]Cloak of Darkness [BoM Pg 93, 6 PPE, 4 Min/L @ 5th Lvl[?]]
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 98
JIC D20:1d20 = 8; D100:1d100 = 32
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Once they are back at the Haunt and the remaining members are paid, Carl takes a moment to relax and look over the books. *If the remaining members do not return within two week, we can assume that they were dead or captured, which is as good as dead, so their payments will go into the team fund and will remain there if they do not return. We can use it to hire mercenaries to fill in the gaps.*
Lahz wrote:Lahz will touch base with Carl about taking over the 2 Rooms on the 5th Floor as a Family-suite of rooms.
When Lahz approaches Carl about the rooms, Carl says, "They can temporarily have Mierin's old room, but I am giving Echo a couple of weeks before we accept that he was killed, captured, or decided not to return. After the two weeks are up, they can use the rooms, but if we get new members who require the space, you will have to move them in with you or get them a place to stay in town. Their stay is the Haunt is with the condition that they do not go into other people's rooms uninvited, do not touch other people's property, and stay out of the training room unless they are supervised by you or one of the other members. With that being said, they are your responsibility, the Haunt is as safe as we can make it, but you never know when/if the results our our deeds will come to our doorstep, so if you are going to bring them into this world, you need to teach them how to survive in it."

Carl goes to the bank to deposit some of his funds and the group funds.
Last edited by Carl on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 14;JIC d100: 1d100 = 98

Lily quietly makes her way back into the Haunt, mumbling a hello to the members she finds inside.
Trying not to look too obvious, she rushes to her room to see Lulu, change out of her combat gear, and have a shower. Once she's dressed again, she goes to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

"Hey, uh, Lahz. What would it take to rig up a couple of pistols for my PA?", Lily asks softly on the team channel.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Was that a Knock?

Everyone does as they drafted. Vheld finds all the spells from level one to four that he was looking for. (List the Standard Price for Each) Lahz has a nice night out with his family and starts to move them to the the new floor. He also changes his bank. (As far as I can tell Lahz doesn't have an account a the Merctown State Bank) (Use the shopping list for purchases)

In the middle of the night on the third day back, The Outer Alarm goes off. The first ones that head out see a message written in flame on the outer wall of the Haunt:

HELA HAS NOT FORGOTTEN!

A CSG rapid-response squad shows up a few minutes later.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 34
PER: 1d100 = 96 vs. 51%

Mythology- 1d100 = 32 vs. 89%
To remember possible connections between Hela and Kali.

Ace of Spades wrote:Vheld finds all the spells from level one to four that he was looking for. (List the Standard Price for Each)

Spells with prices wrote:Per R:UE P. 190:
Thunderclap (Level 1): 5,000 credits
Light Target (Level 3): 20,000 credits
Multiple Image (Level 4): 40,000 credits
Watchguard (Level 4): 40,000 credits
Let me know if you'd like me to update my credits. Will add the materials to my character sheet and do a tinkerer post reflecting two weeks' of study.


Never much of a sleeper, Vheld is nonetheless annoyed at having his studies interrupted. He heads downstairs to see what all the fuss is about, and stops dead in his tracks when he sees the flaming message. Wonderful. Another Goddess of Death with a grudge against the team. Vheld will mutter quick incantations of sense evil and sense magic, to see if he can detect any shenanigans on the grounds (beyond the normal levels, anyway). When he senses nothing there, he will call down to Brokswa and Slithn. "Do a quick circuit of the grounds. Make sure whoever did this is no longer present." If nobody else on the team shows up who can easily dispel the message, Vheld will cast ice on the letters to try and squelch them- though if they magically persist, he will be interested and make a note of that as well.

When Carl gets there, Vheld will comment wryly "The price of success, I suppose." The shifter will stand in quiet contemplation for several more minutes, searching through his knowledge of the Gods to try and determine why Hela would have it out for them- some sort of alliance with Kali? Or a reaction to Hecate's 'patronage'?
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 306/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest