The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vinograd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 60
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (15+ Hours)

Vino comes walking into room and finds a seat out of the way of others. Oh what does he want us to do? Vino thinks as he listens to the newcomer give the spiel. Ooh something from space! I wonder where it came from? Vino thinks as the others negotiate the deal with the man. Vino stretches his limbs and gets comfortable, because he's not sure how long it will take.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 am

Rolls Carried:

(Assuming OOC post happens IC) Following the radio , Erg rushes back as soon as he can.
He does a quick double check to make sure he has the basics. Erg is pleased with his work sense they returned form the last mission. He feels as though he is much better prepared this time.

Previous-IC-Conversation-Note
If previous IC posted interaction / conversation with Vheld's contact had not completed already .. Erg would (as politely as possible) excuse himself for the emergency call.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 17 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 30

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Guarded/Impressed], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 68

As the trio hit the 1st floor Lahz turns to looks back at Ray, "Actually, Ray, take a credit card with 200k after you pull the Long E-Clips from the armory. Go to the NG Store and purchase an NG-E12 Heavy Plasma Ejector. That thing is dependable as all hell, then hit Naruni for a couple melee items and some explosiver. Radio if you run into any issues."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 62
PER: 1d100 = 34 vs. 51%

Once the team has settled back down in the Haunt, Vheld's first order of business will be to retrieve the spell-learning materials he had lent to Vinograd (once it becomes clear that the dragon is going his own way and won't be rejoining the team for some time). Vheld will then head down to the Mages' Guild to refresh his energy spheres and re-up his guild dues while he's at it, to the tune of 200,000 credits.

That done, Vheld will peruse the library for spell-learning materials available for purchase. If he sees any of the below spells, he will purchase them.

Spell List wrote:Thunderclap (Level 1)
Light Target (Level 3)
Multiple Image (Level 4)
Watchguard (Level 4)
Aura of Death (Level 5)
Globe of Silence (Level 7)
Invisibility: Superior (Level 7)
Invulnerability (Level 7)
Life Drain (Level 7)
Second Sight (Level 7)
Locate (Level 8)
Magical-Adrenal Rush (Level 8)
Negate Magic (Level 8)


After that, purchases in hand, he will return to the Haunt to immerse himself in study for most of the two-week period, stopping only to refresh his sustain spell and energy spheres, and get the requisite four hours of sleep a night.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Conditions:

Happy to be home, Lahz heads up to his family's room to check in and see Aurelia and Kaiya. He checks the video feeds on Kit and Rex (their respective robotic bodyguards) and offers his wife a long kiss or-three before they head out for a night on the town. First to the Bubble Theater, then to the Elfin Tea Room. A short stop at the Haunt will drop Kaiya with Kit as a robotic butler/babysitter so that Mr. & Mrs. D'Gemmel can head out on the town to the Palace Hotel & Casino where the couple take a suite for the night and order up room service [~~ fade to black ~~].

Lahz will touch base with Carl about taking over the 2 Rooms on the 5th Floor as a Family-suite of rooms.

Lahz's other intentions are to make some acquisitions, do some banking, and look into some TW Upgrades for the Marauder:

Specifically Lahz will be removing his money from the Merctown State Bank, and depositing with the NGMI Bank instead. Secondly, he intends to drop $2,000,000 credits in an account for Aurelia to use and have access to (so she has cash if need be).

TW Upgrades
[*]Flight System [BoM Pg 335. This should run 500,000-600,000 for Standard, and would provide 30 Minutes Flight/15PPE ... however Lahz would like to pay to drop/adjust the efficiency to 10 Minutes/5 PPE if possible. This is the same ratio, but is a bit easier to afford since Lahz will be using ISP instead of PPE and may not always need 30 Minutes of flight.

[*]Cloak of Darkness [BoM Pg 93, 6 PPE, 4 Min/L @ 5th Lvl[?]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 98
JIC D20:1d20 = 8; D100:1d100 = 32
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Once they are back at the Haunt and the remaining members are paid, Carl takes a moment to relax and look over the books. *If the remaining members do not return within two week, we can assume that they were dead or captured, which is as good as dead, so their payments will go into the team fund and will remain there if they do not return. We can use it to hire mercenaries to fill in the gaps.*
Lahz wrote:Lahz will touch base with Carl about taking over the 2 Rooms on the 5th Floor as a Family-suite of rooms.
When Lahz approaches Carl about the rooms, Carl says, "They can temporarily have Mierin's old room, but I am giving Echo a couple of weeks before we accept that he was killed, captured, or decided not to return. After the two weeks are up, they can use the rooms, but if we get new members who require the space, you will have to move them in with you or get them a place to stay in town. Their stay is the Haunt is with the condition that they do not go into other people's rooms uninvited, do not touch other people's property, and stay out of the training room unless they are supervised by you or one of the other members. With that being said, they are your responsibility, the Haunt is as safe as we can make it, but you never know when/if the results our our deeds will come to our doorstep, so if you are going to bring them into this world, you need to teach them how to survive in it."

Carl goes to the bank to deposit some of his funds and the group funds.
Last edited by Carl on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 14;JIC d100: 1d100 = 98

Lily quietly makes her way back into the Haunt, mumbling a hello to the members she finds inside.
Trying not to look too obvious, she rushes to her room to see Lulu, change out of her combat gear, and have a shower. Once she's dressed again, she goes to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

"Hey, uh, Lahz. What would it take to rig up a couple of pistols for my PA?", Lily asks softly on the team channel.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Was that a Knock?

Everyone does as they drafted. Vheld finds all the spells from level one to four that he was looking for. (List the Standard Price for Each) Lahz has a nice night out with his family and starts to move them to the the new floor. He also changes his bank. (As far as I can tell Lahz doesn't have an account a the Merctown State Bank) (Use the shopping list for purchases)

In the middle of the night on the third day back, The Outer Alarm goes off. The first ones that head out see a message written in flame on the outer wall of the Haunt:

HELA HAS NOT FORGOTTEN!

A CSG rapid-response squad shows up a few minutes later.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 34
PER: 1d100 = 96 vs. 51%

Mythology- 1d100 = 32 vs. 89%
To identify who among Hela's servants might have done this.

Ace of Spades wrote:Vheld finds all the spells from level one to four that he was looking for. (List the Standard Price for Each)

Spells with prices wrote:Per R:UE P. 190:
Thunderclap (Level 1): 5,000 credits
Light Target (Level 3): 20,000 credits
Multiple Image (Level 4): 40,000 credits
Watchguard (Level 4): 40,000 credits
Let me know if you'd like me to update my credits. Will add the materials to my character sheet and do a tinkerer post reflecting two weeks' of study.


Never much of a sleeper, Vheld is nonetheless annoyed at having his studies interrupted. He heads downstairs to see what all the fuss is about, and stops dead in his tracks when he sees the flaming message. Wonderful. Another Goddess of Death with a grudge against the team. Vheld will mutter quick incantations of sense evil and sense magic, to see if he can detect any shenanigans on the grounds (beyond the normal levels, anyway). When he senses nothing there, he will call down to Brokswa and Slithn. "Do a quick circuit of the grounds. Make sure whoever did this is no longer present." If nobody else on the team shows up who can easily dispel the message, Vheld will cast ice on the letters to try and squelch them- though if they magically persist, he will be interested and make a note of that as well.

When Carl gets there, Vheld will comment wryly "The price of success, I suppose." The shifter will stand in quiet contemplation for several more minutes, searching through his knowledge of the Gods to try and determine who among Hela's minions might be responsible for this.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 49
JIC D20:1d20 = 20; D100:1d100 = 50
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Hearing the alarm, Carl moves outside and relaxes a little when he see Vheld. As he sees what is written on the wall, he does a quick scan to see if anyone is lingering in the area.
Vheld wrote:When Carl gets there, Vheld will comment wryly "The price of success, I suppose." ?

Carl nods in response to Vheld's comment. "Yeah, but my biggest concern is how much it will cost to have this cleaned off of our walls."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 22

Startled out of her sleep by the alarm, Minerva quickly dons her cloak and heads outside. With Vheld and Carl both seemingly having the situation under control, Minerva lets her guard down slightly.

"You have made a friend, I see." Hela herself. If she crosses us, she will taste the blade of Hades. Looking around at the gathered team, she says "I presume we are to be on guard now? I will go get myself properly attired."

She heads back to her room and gets her gear on. Looking back and forth between Harvester and Martel, she decides to clip Harvester to her Utility Belt and hold Martel in her right hand. When she's ready, she heads to Carl's location and says "I can keep watch alongside the Golems."
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 20 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Guarded/Impressed], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 71


Lahz will rent a large private hangar at the Prouse Airport [Merctown Pg 29, #1 on Legend, 15,000 creds/month] for 6-months.

The Elf will begin shopping around looking for a larger hover-craft [XM-250 Medical Hover Station, Triax Pg 125, estimated 15-20 Million]. The Psi-Tech will seek to locate something in this vein via shopping with the following venues:

    Northern Gun [Merctown Pg 63, #108 on Legend, since Lahz is an approved NG Certified Tech]
    Kraus' Imported Arms / Triax [Merctown Pg 64, #115 on Legend]
    Randal's Rotors [Merctown Pg 30, #3 on Legend]
  • Lahz will reach out to Fixer at the Job Market Cafe since he's known to be helpful [and offer 100k if the right type/style vehicle can be located]
    Braffo Boks [Merctown Pg 114, #218 on Legend]
    Golden Age Weaponsmiths / GAW [Merctown Pg 110, #206 on Legend]
    O'Grady's Vehicle Parts & Scrap [Merctown Pg 110, #206 on Legend]

Any vehicle located will find him giving the vehicles an inspection, however he is not necessarily concerned if the vehicle is not operational as long as it has a good frame/body because Lahz retained the power, hover, and missile systems from the Splugorth ship.
Mechanical Engineering 83%: 1d100 = 61
Robot Mechanics 78%: 1d100 = 35

============

If successful in acquisition of the above referenced Triax type heavy craft, Lahz will make contact with Armstrong Bennet about a couple custom TW effects for installation:
    1)Chameleon Cloaking System: BoM Pg 334, Cost 440,000 (for a large vehicle)
    2) Wall of Defense [RUE Pg 131-133 Cost TBD ... if I can ever figure out the math]
    3) Thought Projector: BoM Pg 333, Cost 90,000 [Standard, but for something the size of of our ship, maybe 450,000 Credits? ... I was thinking this would be applicable for assuming an illusionary disguise for the ship as ... NG Skybunker, CS Deaths Head Transport, etc.]


============

When the fiery letters show up, Lahz hops into his [unarmed] road-runner PA to come down and survey the scene (he's unarmed other than a pistol at the hip, but is still accompanied by a 10-ft Tiger-Borg thing, so ... not exactly defenseless). "Who is Hela? One of Thorn's exes?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 16;JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

The last to come stumbling out of the Haunt, Whisper has Lulu draped around her, both giggling and half-clothed. Whisper's robotic doppleganger, "Ion Sally" follows nearby, showing programmed concern.
Armed with her two favorite particle beam pistols, Whisper gestures with them dangerously.
"What's goin' on?", she asks, but she's only half-paying attention as Lulu whispers lascivious suggestions and both continue tittering. I'm gonna puke...

Whispers robotic servant, Sally, strides over to Carl and hands him two e-clips. "Do not worry. Her weapons are unloaded.", it states.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:29 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Minerva wrote:She heads back to her room and gets her gear on. Looking back and forth between Harvester and Martel, she decides to clip Harvester to her Utility Belt and hold Martel in her right hand. When she's ready, she heads to Carl's location and says "I can keep watch alongside the Golems."
Carl looks over at Minerva and the only indication his gives is a slightly raised eyebrow. "Sounds good. Although we should all be alert, we will not let fear dictate our actions. If it comes to a fight, I think we can give better than we get."
Whisper wrote:Armed with her two favorite particle beam pistols, Whisper gestures with them dangerously.
"What's goin' on?", she asks, but she's only half-paying attention as Lulu whispers lascivious suggestions and both continue tittering. I'm gonna puke...

Whispers robotic servant, Sally, strides over to Carl and hands him two e-clips. "Do not worry. Her weapons are unloaded.", it states.
He looks at in her current condition. *Anytime I think I might want to become fully human again, just one look at Whisper in that condition knocks the idea right out of my head.* To Whisper he says, "It seem we received a message from an old foe that is still holding a grudge." As her robot comes over to Carl he accepts the e-clips. "Glad to hear it."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 pm

A Warning?

As the team exits the building they all see the burning graffiti. No ones notices anything and Vheld easily quenches the fire with his ice. Though there is a nice scorch mark as a reminder of the visit. The brimestone stench that comes off the wall after the fire is put out causes Whisper to puke right then and there. Vheld's minions find nothing, Lahz sees nothing, and the leader of the CSG rapid-response squad reports to Carl, "There was nothing on video in any spectrum. We are going to have a team watch your place for the rest of the night, but I think this may be it for the night." Vheld knows Hela has thousands of minions, millions of demons and that doesn't include the witches or summoners they may be loyal to the goddess. Seriously it could be anyone or anything.

As to the new team vehicle. Lahz is having problems locating one. None of the normal spots has one available. Lahz' fixer, for no charge, thinks he heard that the Black Market may have what he is looking for or something close to it. You just need to find them and contact the right people. (Streetwise from someone) He has no problem renting the Private hanger. (Will subtract 90,000 from team funds.) (Also Subtracting 105,00 creds from Vheld for the spells.)

What next?
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 38
JIC D20:1d20 = 9; D100:1d20 = 3
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Ace of Spades wrote:A Warning?
...the leader of the CSG rapid-response squad reports to Carl, "There was nothing on video in any spectrum. We are going to have a team watch your place for the rest of the night, but I think this may be it for the night."
Carl thanks the CSG rapid-response squad for the quick response. "Thank you, for the quick response; I believe you are correct, but we do appreciate the extra security for tonight."

*This explains the feelings of being watched that I have been having lately. The watcher or watchers are obvious very good at hiding if someone with my skills cannot locate them. I wonder if they are watching us now to see how we are reacting to their vandalism.*
To the member of the CSG rapid-response squad that give Carl the report, he says a little louder than he needed to, "It was probably some cowards who likes to scribble on wall because they are too scare to address us in person."

Once everyone is back in the Haunt, Carl says, "Everyone should take a little extra precaution in protecting yourselves, especially when away from the Haunt, but until they show themselves, we will continue as usual." Turning to Vhald he says, "I believe that you wanted us to take on something?"
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 69 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 72

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Guarded/Impressed], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 49

Lahz nods at Carl's response, "Ok, so, not one of Thorn's exes. Too bad." *Frakking-A ... I thought this crew was more damn responsible about tying up loose ends. Can I even leave Aurelia and Kaiya here? That big bastard used to be more careful about cutting false trails. Even with the hover droids, and golems, I just don't ... should not disregard Rex and Kit, but I might need to supplement and get them each a second guardian.*

"Tony, check the external cameras for the Haunt, the Defenders might not have picked anything up but we have some different angles. Bring me a copy of the footage." [OOC: Dispatching the Bot to obtain for future review].

Once the determination is made to dispatch the Defenders, Lahz heads back inside but will flag down their 'fearless leader' on the stairs, "Need someone to lend a hand running down a large hover vehicle to go in our new Hangar out at the Airport. " [OOC: Need you onboard with Streetwise, ideally while Disguised]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 12;JIC d100: 1d100 = 79

Still wiping vomit off her face, Whisper staggers over to Lahz, and practically shouts at him,
"Hey, I tried ta ask ya 'bout rigging another pistol for my P.A., but ya flippin' ignored me!"
I oughta blast 'im fer that. Hey, my guns ain't loaded!

Lulu in the meanwhile, also loses her lunch and also stumbles back inside, with Sally suggesting that the two rehydrate themselves.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 23
PER: 1d100 = 16 vs. 51%

Vheld will watch most of the hullabaloo with MercTown security impassively- if the Norse goddess of death is truly coming for them, she or her minions will not allow any mundane security measures to stop them. "The best thing we can do is be prepared. I shall do my part, and remain here to guard the Haunt while the rest of you complete your business around town." To Slithn, he adds "Keep watch on the grounds, but take care to avoid being seen. If any more intruders appear, summon me at once." As a final level of security, Vheld will cast his new watchguard spell over the Haunt- with his spell strength even Hela's minions will have difficulty getting past it without being detected.

Carl wrote:Turning to Vhald he says, "I believe that you wanted us to take on something?"
Vheld shakes his head. "I was merely forewarned that we have a job headed our way. My mistress mentioned nothing about Hela's involvement, so your guess is as good as mine as to whether this is related. With our luck, however, I wouldn't discount it."

Lahz wrote:"Need someone to lend a hand running down a large hover vehicle to go in our new Hangar out at the Airport. " [OOC: Need you onboard with Streetwise, ideally while Disguised]
"Brokswa is at your disposal should you wish it, but I assume someone more discreet is in order. I shall be in my quarters." With that, Vheld withdraws and returns to his meditations until the next interruption.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 8

Carl wrote:Carl looks over at Minerva and the only indication his gives is a slightly raised eyebrow. "Sounds good. Although we should all be alert, we will not let fear dictate our actions. If it comes to a fight, I think we can give better than we get."


"Si jefe." Minerva stays in the Foyer of the Haunt sitting cross-legged in a state of meditation. Before she starts, she gives the Front Door Golem an instruction. "Wake me if there is trouble." After a couple of hours of meditation, she comes to and begins a physical patrol of the property. Es extraño que haya lanzado mi lote con este grupo tan rápido. Pero me han dado un hogar y un sueldo muy grande. Además, el técnico es atractivo. Me quedaré por ahora. Estoy ansioso por probar este nuevo martillo. Tal vez se encuentre con la cara de la persona que interrumpió mi sueño.

Translations
"Si jefe=Yes boss"
Es extraño que haya lanzado mi lote con este grupo tan rápido. Pero me han dado un hogar y un sueldo muy grande. Además, el técnico es atractivo. Me quedaré por ahora. Estoy ansioso por probar este nuevo martillo. Tal vez se encuentre con la cara de la persona que interrumpió mi sueño.=It is strange that I have thrown my lot in with this bunch so quickly. But they have given me a home and a very large paycheck. Plus, the tech guy is attractive. I will stay for now. I am anxious to try this new hammer. Maybe it will meet the face of the person who disrupted my sleep.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 8;JIC d100: 1d100 = 11

Stumbling all over the place and trying to catch Lahz, Lily curses at him for ignoring her yet again, crawling back to her room with Lulu not far behind and Sally left to clean up.

"Goddamned tech a-hole...gonna wish...flippin' room spinnin'..."
Need ta sleep...

"Sally...mop up all this...", Lily mumbles almost coherently.
"Of course. Perhaps a glass of water? You should rehydrate.", Sally answers helpfully.
"Yeah. One fer Lulu, too."
"The night's still young...", Lulu giggles, helping Lily back into her room, lecherous look on her face.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Whisper wrote:"Hey, I tried ta ask ya 'bout rigging another pistol for my P.A., but ya flippin' ignored me!"


Lahz stops briefly from keeping pace with Carl to look back at the inebriated Whisper, I am glad I got into the Roadrunner PA ... being this damn close to her vomit-breath without a helmet would be disgusting.

Calmly he addresses the inquiry/demand, "The prior one was made from a WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher. If you want them to match, get another. If you want something else, the Big Bore stuff may be useable. By and large the point was to make sure you had something able to fire Silver or had a backup if I remember correctly, not an option to replace your Mecha-Knight's rifle."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:01 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Carl half listens to the others as he looks at the writing on the wall. He thinks for a moment, *We already made an enemy, might as well have fun with it.* Carl goes and retrieves a paint can from the storage compartment of his Road Boss Combat Chopper. He cross out the HA and puts an I in front of the S, he than cross out the word FORGOTTEN and puts HING right after the NOT so it read 'HELA IS NOTHING'. He gives a rare smile, "That should send a message of our own." He heads back inside. "If nothing else happens tonight, I will see everyone in the morning." Looking at Whisper he says. "Or at least those of us that will be able to wake up in the morning."

Once inside, Carl stays awake and will periodically look at the monitors to see if there is any activity around the Haunt.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 81

Carl wrote:"Or at least those of us that will be able to wake up in the morning."

"Uhhhh...I'll be up...", Lily mutters wearily. F'n taskmaster...

Lahz wrote:"The prior one was made from a WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher. If you want them to
match, get another. If you want something else, the Big Bore stuff may be useable. By and large the
point was to make sure you had something able to fire Silver or had a backup if I remember correctly,
not an option to replace your Mecha-Knight's rifle."

"Awright, awright," Lily nods as she keeps crawling on her hands and knees back to her room.
"CARL, CAN WE GET A WI-GL8 FOR MY PA?", Lily shouts at her headjack radio unintenionally.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:40 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Whisper wrote:"Awright, awright," Lily nods as she keeps crawling on her hands and knees back to her room.
"CARL, CAN WE GET A WI-GL8 FOR MY PA?", Lily shouts at her headjack radio unintentionally.


Lahz frowns and shakes his head slightly, "What happened to the 2.5 Million you just picked up? A WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher is like 100k ... Are you keeping that room warm burning spell scrolls or something?"

The Psi-Tech looks over the 'Sally' robot that Whisper has picked up, *Maybe I should damn drop a few control commands on that thing to protect Kaiya from her sloshed mistress.*

With a hand wave he flags Tony (the ten-foot-Tiger-bot), "Help her to her room."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6, Original post: 1d100 = 23
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 16 vs. 51%


Vheld debates casting a spell to try and help Whisper out of her stupor, but decides that it is likely a wasted effort. She'd only be right back in the same situation in a couple hours. The shifter shrugs. He's had to deal with much worse than a drunken teammate. Unless he is needed, Vheld then retires to his room.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

"What happened to the 2.5 Million you just picked up? A WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher is like 100k ... Are you keeping that room warm burning spell scrolls or something?"

"Shuddup, I just fergot 'bout it.", Lily mumbles, feebly pawing at Lahz, who is well out of striking distance.

"SALLY! Do the thing with th' thing so's I can git awnover Shotgun fingy." She shouts, with the robot pausing a moment in an attempt to comprehend the demand.
"Would you like me to use your recent earnings to order a new WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun for you? Consider it done."
Lily grunts a reply, then notices that Vheld is also nearby, contemplating...whatever mages contemplate.
Better not turn me into a rabbit or somethin'., Lily thinks.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Boring Week?

Whisper and her companion wake up the next morning with massive hangovers. Nothing else interesting happens other than Carl mocking a greater god. A god that almost destroyed the team vehicle with one minor blow. The videos were turned over to Lahz as requested.

Over the next week, Lahz does his best to track down a suitable vehicle with no luck. He realizes he doesn't have the right contacts and may need a little help. Security hangs around the Haunt for the next week but nothing unusual happens.

What Next?
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 75

During her week, Martina Graciela Minerva Valdez does some shopping in the Mystic Quarter and checks in on her cactus people outpost. She spends much of her time familiarizing herself with the layout of MercTown and learning about this area of the world. Some time is spent in the gym keeping herself in fighting shape. Some is spent cruising around on her motorcycle, the activity that brings her the most joy.

At the end of the week, she approaches Carl and asks "What's next?"
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 91
JIC D20:1d20 = 7; D100:1d100 = 84
Minerva wrote:At the end of the week, she approaches Carl and asks "What's next?"
Carl thanks the security team. "Thanks for the help and I promises to make a healthy donation to your next fundraiser. If you know of a good company to paint over that mess on our wall, I would appreciate it if you let them know to stop by." *I could do it myself, but a little work for the community always looks good.* He answers Minerva, but does it over the team comms to ensure that everyone hears. "I guess our mystery writer decided to go back into hiding, so we wait until the next job comes our way, I doubt if we will have to wait long. If nothing comes to our doorsteps in a day or two, and if no one one has any suggestions, I will go out and see what is available." Carl waits to see if any one has any comments or suggestions.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 am

Lahz and Minerva both suddenly feel something akin to icy black icicles being shoved through their ears and into their brains. Before the others can do much more than gawk at their sudden screams of pain, they've collapsed where they were standing.

Lahz and Minerva next see the dull gray ceiling of the Haunt. Their memories are a soft morass of black sludge tinted with premonitions of doom and ominous images of an engulfing cold, darkness, and pain. Carl, Vheld, and Whisper stand nearby looking over them. A few minutes have passed since the two members of the Spook Squad suddenly clutched their heads, screamed, and collapsed unconscious to the floor.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 94
PER: 1d100 = 81 vs. 51%

Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 20 vs. 99%
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 2 vs. 94%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 33 vs. 94%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics- 1d100 = 94 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- 1d100 = 55 vs. 64%
Mythology- 1d100 = 79 vs. 89%
All for trying to ascertain the source of the attack, assuming that's what it is.

The commotion disturbs Vheld from his studies, and with an irritated grumble he exits his room and proceeds into the Haunt's common area to find Minerva and Lahz incapacitated. The shifter's no dummy, and he quickly puts two and two together. Both of our psychics. This may be some sort of attack.

First order of business is to commune with his rune medallion. Mind block, now! ((-4 ISP)). Vheld will hold off on activating his other psionic defenses unless the Ram's sixth sense informs him of impending hostilities prior to the mind block going up. Next, Vheld will cast sense evil to see if he can identify the source of the attacks ((-2 PPE)), or at least determine whether there is any pressing threat to the Haunt; presumably, such a powerful psychic attack would leave a mark that he can pick up, if the perpetrator is still around. While he engages in his sweep, Vheld reaches out to Sil. Shift to your phantom form and go check on the others in the basement. Unless there is an immediate threat stay there and await my orders. The phantom wolf familiar will do as instructed, heading downstairs to where Vheld's minions 'live' in-between missions. If, as expected, Slithn (the only psychic among Vheld's menagerie) has also been incapacitated but the remaining minions are fine, Sil will crouch in one corner and observe the wraith in her phantom form. It's not like there's anything Vheld can do for an intangible greater deevil, anyway. Assuming the other minions are shipshape, Vheld will speak through Sil and say "The three of you, do a sweep of the grounds and look for anything that might be responsible for this. Sil will remain with Slithn."

Assuming neither his spell nor his medallion's psychic senses detect any immediate cause for concern, Vheld will report to Carl once the team's leader arrives on the scene. "Most likely some sort of attack. The grounds are secure so far as I can tell." He will add any additional relevant information reported by his spell or by Sil to the report as well, then stand and wait for further instructions. As he does so, Vheld will search his memory for any knowledge that might suggest a theory as to the source of the attacks- clearly psychic-focused, likely powerful enough to affect both (or all three, if Slithn is also down) from a distance (if he senses no other evil presences on the grounds).
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 27

The pain is sudden and overwhelming, sending Minerva crashing to the floor of the Haunt. Upon opening her eyes, she rises with a start, transforming her body into its hardened Supernatural state. "¡Hijo de puta! ¿Qué clase de mierda fue esa? ¿Quién diablos me hizo esto? ¡Juro que voy a poner sus malditos ojos fuera! ¡Lo que es un bastardo! ¡Nadie toca mi cerebro! ¡Ninguno! ¡Coño!" She looks around and sees Lahz also down. If he gets up around the same time as her, she will ask "What the fuck just happened? Get up. We need to find the bastard who did this." She will start speed walking through the Haunt looking for the perpetrator of this assault, room by room. ¿Cómo diablos lograron atravesar mi escudo mental sin previo aviso?



Translations
"¡Hijo de puta! ¿Qué clase de mierda fue esa? ¿Quién diablos me hizo esto? ¡Juro que voy a poner sus malditos ojos fuera! ¡Lo que es un bastardo! ¡Nadie toca mi cerebro! ¡Ninguno! ¡Coño!"="Son of a bitch! What kind of bullshit was that? Who the fuck just did this to me? I swear I will put their fucking eye out! What a bastard! No one touches my brain! No one! Motherfucker!"

¿Cómo diablos lograron atravesar mi "escudo mental" sin previo aviso?=How the fuck did they get through my mind shield with no warning?
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 28
JIC D20:1d20 = 13; D100:1d100 = 99
Vheld wrote: Vheld will report to Carl once the team's leader arrives on the scene. "Most likely some sort of attack. The grounds are secure so far as I can tell.".
Carl nods his head, "Yes, it is very unlikely for something like this to happen to both of them without it being an attack. I wonder if it was directed at them or some type of psionic event that overwhelmed their psionic abilities?" He puts his hand of the hilt of his katana and speaks out loud so Vheld can hear. To his sword his says. "Did you feel or hear anything psionic related before or during the time that the two of them started screaming?"
Minerva wrote:"What the fuck just happened?
If they recover, Carl says, "You tell me, before you go running off looking for the ones responsible for this, tell us what happened. What did you feel before you passed out?"
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 pm

(rolls held over)
Carl wrote:If they recover, Carl says, "You tell me, before you go running off looking for the ones responsible for this, tell us what happened. What did you feel before you passed out?"


Minerva looks at Carl sharply and then says "Ice. Sludge. Pain. Like a dagger of an icicle being shoved into my head." She makes a motion of a blade stabbing her ear.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 82%
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 72

Conditions: Amplified hearing; Viewing Thermal vision through MOE every few minutes to detect invisible or whatever

Wak walks up to the giant tower, Damn, is someone overcompensating? The thought makes him smile for a second then the headache hits him again. Wak walks up to the door and knocks. Hope they aren't to jumpy. Wonder if their psychics were just hit like we were? Wak tries to look as nonthreatening as he can while he waits.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Minerva wrote:"Ice. Sludge. Pain. Like a dagger of an icicle being shoved into my head." She makes a motion of a blade stabbing her ear.
"Did if feel like a direct attack or something that affected you only because of your psychic abilities?"
Wakiza wrote:Wak walks up to the door and knocks. Wak tries to look as nonthreatening as he can while he waits.
Carl looks at the monitor. *I wonder what he wants?* Before talking through the speaker, he turns to the teammates in the room. Does anyone here have any problems with The Roughnecks or owe them money or anything? As long as he receives a negative answer from everyone, Carl speaks over the intercom. "Yes, can I help you? Now is not a good time if you are trying to sell anything."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 6 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Guarded/Impressed], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 59

Lahz was 3-steps down from the 4th floor landing when a searing spike of ice and pain lunges through his psyche leaving his knees unstrung midstep. He falls down the rest of the flight clattering down as he screams wordlessly within his Roadrunner PA and helmet. The Psi-Tech lies screaming wordlessly at the base of the stairs for about a minute before Tony the Tiger-bot picks him up to bring down to the common room where he locates Carl, Vheld, and the others. Cradled in the grasp of a large felinoid Lahz hears, "Carl. Vheld. Lahz fell down screaming."

It is approximately this point where Lahz regains semi-coherence if not his dignity looking up at the grey ceiling, "Put me down damnit!"

Squirming he drops unsteadily to his feet 1-hand still clutched to the side of his head and spots Minerva looking better recovered than he was, "I ... guess I have been getting soft. Normally my mental blocks would have shut out anything external ... that was bad."

"Aurelia has been advised."

"Son of a bitch Tony, no. Radio Rex [her bot] and advise I am fine ..."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Rolls as above

Wak almost laughs, "No . . . well, yes, in a way. Blackman suggested I come by. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, CO of the Roughnecks. The Grey Seers have been looking for someone to investigate a disturbance. He thinks it may be related to the Psychic premonitions or surge that affected our psychics. He is suggesting that the Spooks and the Roughnecks work together to get the bottom of it. I know it is a lot to take on, but Blackman is contacting the Seers about a contract." There, better to just lay it all out quickly, especially if they are anything like the Roughnecks.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Lahz wrote: Cradled in the grasp of a large felinoid Lahz hears, "Carl. Vheld. Lahz fell down screaming."

It is approximately this point where Lahz regains semi-coherence if not his dignity looking up at the grey ceiling, "Put me down damnit!"

Squirming he drops unsteadily to his feet 1-hand still clutched to the side of his head and spots Minerva looking better recovered than he was, "I ... guess I have been getting soft. Normally my mental blocks would have shut out anything external ... that was bad."
Carl looks as Lahz is being carried into the common room. *If I did not have an image to maintain, I would be laughing my arse off*
Wakiza wrote:Wak almost laughs, "No . . . well, yes, in a way. Blackman suggested I come by. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, CO of the Roughnecks. The Grey Seers have been looking for someone to investigate a disturbance. He thinks it may be related to the Psychic premonitions or surge that affected our psychics. He is suggesting that the Spooks and the Roughnecks work together to get the bottom of it. I know it is a lot to take on, but Blackman is contacting the Seers about a contract." There, better to just lay it all out quickly, especially if they are anything like the Roughnecks.
Carl hits the button to unlock the door and says over the intercom. "Come inside and you can tell us what is going on." Once Wak is inside, Carl brings him to the common room. "Please have a sit so that we can talk." Carl also takes a sit and waits for Lahz to clear his head before turning to Wak. "OK, the floor, so to speak, is yours." Carl's face stays expressionless as he listens.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Rolls as above

Wak comes in and has a seat, "I honestly don't have tons of information. Mr Blackman is contacting the Grey Seers to find out and put a contract together. I guess the Seers have been sending diplomatic teams to all the regional powers of the area about 200 miles east of here. He thinks my vision is related and because the Spooks were in town maybe we should team up regarding this threat. All I can remember of the vision was black sludge, ominous figures, and an engulfing cold, pain and darkness. Maybe we should head back over to his office and see what the contract looks like. If you are interested of course. I hate the lack of intel. So I am hoping he has come up with something additional. I know impossible to make a decision until we find out more, but that vision was disturbing."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 6 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 81


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 59

By the time Carl has admitted their visitor, Lahz is seated in an overstuffed chair, a bit green around the gills but not an overt wreck any longer. Tony the 10ft Tiger-Bot stands slightly to is left side like a 2-Ton majordomo ... with fangs and silver-plated vibro-claws .

Wakiza wrote:Wak almost laughs, "No . . . well, yes, in a way. Blackman suggested I come by. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, CO of the Roughnecks. The Grey Seers have been looking for someone to investigate a disturbance. He thinks it may be related to the Psychic premonitions or surge that affected our psychics. He is suggesting that the Spooks and the Roughnecks work together to get the bottom of it. I know it is a lot to take on, but Blackman is contacting the Seers about a contract." There, better to just lay it all out quickly, especially if they are anything like the Roughnecks.


The Psi-Tech cocks an eyebrow at the introduction, "Another Cyber-knight? You here for Sir Thorn? Big ugly bastard with a robot horse?"

Wakiza wrote:Wak comes in and has a seat, "I honestly don't have tons of information. Mr Blackman is contacting the Grey Seers to find out and put a contract together. I guess the Seers have been sending diplomatic teams to all the regional powers of the area about 200 miles east of here. He thinks my vision is related and because the Spooks were in town maybe we should team up regarding this threat. All I can remember of the vision was black sludge, ominous figures, and an engulfing cold, pain and darkness. Maybe we should head back over to his office and see what the contract looks like. If you are interested of course. I hate the lack of intel. So I am hoping he has come up with something additional. I know impossible to make a decision until we find out more, but that vision was disturbing."


*His vision? Did he really have one? Or is he somehow responsible and knows what sort of images and assaults were sent against us because he was part of it? His details are vague enough I supposed ... Who the fragg is Blackman?*

"You'll pardon me if I am not a huge believer in coincidence Sir Blackfoot."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:31 am

(Rolls held over)

Minerva does her speedy dash through the Haunt and comes up with nothing tangible. When she gets back down to the common room, she sees Lahz awake and not being carried around by a robot. Carl, Lahz and a visitor to the Haunt sitting mid-conversation. She ignores the visitor's presence to speak to Lahz. "You're awake. Good. I find no one in the house who did this to us." She turns her attention to the visitor. "Que tiempo. Who are you? This is a bad time." ¿Por qué mierda estás aquí? Minerva uses her ability to See Auras (-6 ISP) and takes a good look at the man sitting with Carl and Lahz.


Translations
"Que tiempo"="What Timing"
¿Por qué mierda estás aquí?=Why the fuck are you here?
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Rolls as above

Lahz wrote: The Psi-Tech cocks an eyebrow at the introduction, "Another Cyber-knight? You here for Sir Thorn? Big ugly bastard with a robot horse?"

Wak looks at Lahz, "Don't know a Sir Thorn. Quite a few Knights have robot horses. Quite a few who have been around the block a few times are big and ugly too." Wak rubs the scars around his cyber eye.

Lahz wrote:"You'll pardon me if I am not a huge believer in coincidence Sir Blackfoot."

Wak shrugs, "Me neither, its why we think this contract with the Seers is related to this psionic event."

Minerva wrote: She ignores the visitor's presence to speak to Lahz. "You're awake. Good. I find no one in the house who did this to us." She turns her attention to the visitor. "Que tiempo. Who are you? This is a bad time."

He looks at the fiery red head and says in perfect Spanish, "Sir Wakiza Blackhoof my lady and is there ever a good time these days?" Back in American, "I know nothing else and my head is throbbing. One of my team is still unconscious from the event, so I'd like to get this done. You interested in going to Blackman Intelligence Resources with me to find out more? It is just a couple blocks from here at Mercenary Plaza."

Language Spanish-- 1d100 = 17 / 107%
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Wakiza wrote:"Sir Wakiza Blackhoof my lady and is there ever a good time these days?" Back in American, "I know nothing else and my head is throbbing. One of my team is still unconscious from the event, so I'd like to get this done. You interested in going to Blackman Intelligence Resources with me to find out more? It is just a couple blocks from here at Mercenary Plaza."
Carl waits until every finishes their comments. "Name is Carl, I am the senior leader of the squad." He does not offer the names of the other members. "Although we have never met in person before today, I am aware of you and your team so I am inclined to believe what you are saying, but I cannot make any promises until we hear the whole story. As my teammate stated, you showing up as soon as my teammates are hit with whatever that was cannot be a coincidence and I definitely want to know whatever that event was." Carl wait again until everyone says what they have to say before turning back to Wak. "Give me a few moments to discuss this with my teammates, it should only take a few minutes. Please make yourself comfortable for a few and we will be right back." To the team his says, "Everyone to the training room." Once all of his teammates are in the room, he says. "I do not have a problem with accompanying him to whomever this person offering the contract is so we can hear the full story. What do the rest of you think?" He waits to hear everyone out.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:49 am

(Rolls held over)
Wakiza wrote:"Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, mi señora. ¿Y hay un buen momento estos días?" Back in American, "I know nothing else and my head is throbbing. One of my team is still unconscious from the event, so I'd like to get this done. You interested in going to Blackman Intelligence Resources with me to find out more? It is just a couple blocks from here at Mercenary Plaza."

"Hombre astuto." Minerva lets Carl do the talking to answer the questions being asked while she takes in what she sees of his aura.
See Aura for Sir Blackhoof
  • General Level of Experience: High (8+)
  • Presence of Magic: Depends on if he is carrying Derilian and/or Cloak of Shadows
  • Presence of Psychic Abilities: Yes.
  • High or Low Base PPE: Low
  • Possessing Entity: No.
  • Unusual Human Aberration, Serious Illness, Insanity, Non-Human: No

Interesante. El habla español. Y también se sintió conmovido por esta ola de terror que tanto yo como Lahz sintieron. Yo sabría más sobre este hombre.
Carl wrote:"Give me a few moments to discuss this with my teammates, it should only take a few minutes. Please make yourself comfortable for a few and we will be right back." To the team his says, "Everyone to the training room." Once all of his teammates are in the room, he says. "I do not have a problem with accompanying him to whomever this person offering the contract is so we can hear the full story. What do the rest of you think?" He waits to hear everyone out.

Minerva takes one last look at him on the way to the training room. When the team is gathered, she says "He speaks the truth about being a psychic. He is either being honest, or is stupid enough to think he can attack us in our homes. We can go with him and if it is an ambush or a trick, I will be the first to take his head off." Minerva, still on edge from the psychic takedown she experienced earlier, realizes that she's still in her transformed state. She slowly changes back to her softer human self, letting the defenses that harden her body with just a thought slide away.



Translations
"Hombre astuto.=Clever man."
Interesante. El habla español. Y también se sintió conmovido por esta ola de terror que tanto yo como Lahz sintieron. Él tiene algunas habilidades psíquicas. Un caballero cibernético. Yo sabría más sobre este hombre.=Interesting. He speaks Spanish. And he was also touched by this wave of terror that both I and Lahz felt. He has some psychic abilities. A cyber-knight. I would know more about this man.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 6 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 81


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 120', 8.00 Min]], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 59

Wakiza wrote:"Don't know a Sir Thorn. Quite a few Knights have robot horses. Quite a few who have been around the block a few times are big and ugly too." Wak rubs the scars around his cyber eye.


"Big Tokanni bastage from the Pecos Empire ... hands the size of a damn tire, bigger than your head? Still nothing? ... the Tech shrugs if this Wakiza fellow shows no recognition, "Ok just checking."

Carl wrote:Carl waits until every finishes their comments. "Name is Carl, I am the senior leader of the squad." He does not offer the names of the other members. "Although we have never met in person before today, I am aware of you and your team so I am inclined to believe what you are saying, but I cannot make any promises until we hear the whole story. As my teammate stated, you showing up as soon as my teammates are hit with whatever that was cannot be a coincidence and I definitely want to know whatever that event was." Carl wait again until everyone says what they have to say before turning back to Wak. "Give me a few moments to discuss this with my teammates, it should only take a few minutes. Please make yourself comfortable for a few and we will be right back." To the team his says, "Everyone to the training room."


Lahz rolls his shoulders and rises, finally steady on his feet once more and casually activates one of his mental powers [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 120', 8.00 Min]] and uses his Drone Command Gauntlet to enter text-commands:

"Tony.Orders"
Stay here, monitor this Wakiza. Get some background on him. Maybe start with "You are a Cyber-Knight yes? How long have you followed this path?"

"Kit.Orders"
Keep Kaiya upstairs for now. We have an unknown onsite. If you see a swordsman above Ground level that is not a Spooks Member, have Aurelia secure her location and get him into a location within multiple fusion block radius. You keep him away from my family.


Carl wrote:Once all of his teammates are in the room, he says. "I do not have a problem with accompanying him to whomever this person offering the contract is so we can hear the full story. What do the rest of you think?" He waits to hear everyone out.


*Fine with me I suppose. Not a huge fan of having strangers here in the Haunt. I should fins somewhere else for day-to-day for Aurelia and Kaiya. Keep this more like a shop than a home. Mercs can bunk and barracks up easily but for the family? ...*

He offers a nod in response though, "We're within Merctown. Let's go see Blackman and see if he has a clue on widespread psychic assaults."


===============
OOC: Figured Wak should have someone to talk to, and it's not like he
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 8;JIC d100: 1d100 = 37

"Sure.", Lily mumbles.
Boring contract stuff. Bet I get stuck with this..., Whisper thinks and wordlessly tries to slink away. If she locks eyes with anyone, she shrugs and looks away,
hoping to continue to sneak away.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:49 pm

Rolls as above

Carl wrote: Carl waits until every finishes their comments. "Name is Carl, I am the senior leader of the squad." He does not offer the names of the other members. "Although we have never met in person before today, I am aware of you and your team so I am inclined to believe what you are saying, but I cannot make any promises until we hear the whole story. As my teammate stated, you showing up as soon as my teammates are hit with whatever that was cannot be a coincidence and I definitely want to know whatever that event was." Carl wait again until everyone says what they have to say before turning back to Wak. "Give me a few moments to discuss this with my teammates, it should only take a few minutes. Please make yourself comfortable for a few and we will be right back."

Lahz wrote: "Big Tokanni bastage from the Pecos Empire ... hands the size of a damn tire, bigger than your head? Still nothing? ... the Tech shrugs if this Wakiza fellow shows no recognition, "Ok just checking."

Minerva wrote: "Hombre astuto."


Wak just smiles at the beautiful redhead. Hmm, wonder what she can do? Mercedes is going to hate her. He says "I've heard of your team as well, and maybe even that Tokanni Knight. I heard rumors there was a Tokanni Cyber Knight, but I'm pretty sure he didn't receive his training at Lord Coake's camp. I would have heard about something like that." Wak nods looking a little weary, "I understand and take your time. I'm going to radio my team to see if my other teammate has snapped out of it. I may have my XO show up at the plaza as well."

Over comms, "The Spooks are mulling it over, but I believe they will at least hear what the offer is. Is Mercedes up yet? Murdoc do you and Will want to show up at Mercenary Plaza when we head back for the meeting?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 pm

((Rolls Carried))

Carl nods his head. "OK, as I expected. All of us." He pauses and looks at Whisper. "Or at least most of us want to get to the bottom of this. Everyone that wants to accompany us, to what I hope will at least get us some answers, are welcome to come. Make sure you arm yourselves, even if this is just a trip to get the initial facts, we cannot be sure what we are walking into." He gives those that want to come to the initial meeting, who did not already have everything they want to bring, a chance to go get their gear. When they return he says, "Lets not keep our guest waiting any longer."

Carl and anyone that wants to accompany him returns to the common room. To Wak he says, "As you probably guessed, we will be accompanying you to see what is in this contract, but I still cannot make any promises until we hear what this person has to say. That being said, we are ready to leave when you are."

Carl wait until the knight is ready to leave and then follows the man out of the Haunt.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

PreviousNext

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest