Mercenary Plaza (19)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 pm

As Murdoc finishes speaking, the team comms crank back up. "This is Pebbles. Are we all supposed to be at this meeting? I thought it was just Murdoc, Will and the Commander?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Wakiza » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 60

Minerva wrote: Minerva waits for their meeting to start and finds herself interacting with the intriguing cyber-knight.
"Les dije que no era un apuro. Ellos no escuchaban. ¿Quizás quieren impresionarlo con su naturaleza muscular? Tengo otras formas de impresionar a la gente. Soy de Cordelia, República de Aquiles. Nadie sabe lo que eso significa cuando les cuento. Nunca he estado en ... 'México'. ¿Vamp? ¿Qué es 'Vamp'? Y si. Tu acento no es un Silver River adecuado. Pero es mejor que mi inglés. Los cuentos de los caballeros cibernéticos incluso nos alcanzan en los Andes. Es un honor estar de pie con uno ahora. Significa que hay una gran aventura por delante."


Wak nods and again in Spanish, "You are right, I don't recognize the location. The furthest south I've made it is the northern edge of Columbia, just a few islands really. Sorry, I meant Vampires. Mexico has been overrun with vampires, nasty bloodsuckers." Wak gives her a grin and continues still in Spanish, "Well I hope I live up to the hype. I have had a few serious adventures on this world and a few others. Look forward to working with you."

Wak nods to Will as the radio crackles, "Oh that is them now." Over the radio to Murdoc and John, "Meeting is about to start feel free to come by if you do it quick. We are at mercenary Plaza on the 5th floor."

In response to Calamity John and Whisper, "I don't know you. Where you invited to this meeting? As for being Shanghaied, my team is full up at the moment, maybe the Spooks are hiring?" As he looks to Whisper, Carl and Minerva. "Also, when you are looking for work it is generally bad form to insult the one that is doing the hiring." Who in the spirits is that kid?

He looks back to the Seer with an obvious look of please expound, "Other than the psychic phenomenon, we have no idea what warning you are talking about."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32 59
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 65


Jack arrives at the Mercenary Plaza with the others. He follows them up to the meeting.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 50

John arrives (hopefully with Bettie) about 5 minutes later.

He looks around at the very large group, then sees the windows.

I knew we should have climbed up the outside...
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Whisper » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 41

"Also, when you are looking for work it is generally bad form to insult the one that is doing the hiring."


"Don't get yer panties in a twist, princess." Whisper mutters sardonically.
Jeez, must be one of 'em fancy-pants cyber knights...so sensitive...must not hang around any real mercs.

Lily keeps a weary eye on the uninvited (and annoyed sounding) guest.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Mercedes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 77
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 87/80%

Mercedes heads on up to the 5th Floor to find the meeting already in progress.
I love this place so much. Money. If only I got my fair share...
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:09 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, June 1, 111 P.A.
Time: 1400
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Mercenary Plaza, 5th Floor: Blackman Intelligence Resources


Vheld wrote:Aloud, Vheld growls "I hope you have more for us than cryptic riddles. Spit it out, already."

The dark man with the brilliant white teeth says in Vheld's mind. Put yourself at ease, vengeful sword of Tyrin. There are still others en route who need to know. I will be candid in due time.
Lahz wrote:"What do you know of these apparently widespread mental assaults? You are one of these Seers? What warnings?"

"We have been trying to warn the many nations of this continent for some years now." The man's voice echoes in Wakiza's head. Since before your experiences at Tolkeen even; fear not, there are still things worth fighting for and evils not shrouded in ambiguity to vanquish. "Alas, politicians and power-brokers are rarely interested in the truth unless it serves their own short-term interests."
Calamity John wrote:"Look puto puta*, nobody compels me to have a good time. I'd threaten to rearrange your grill, but with the horrors of your mouth, I'd be doing you a favor." John's right hand snaps his fingers at the man, gives him a dismissive sniff, and looks back to the Cyber Knight. "If I'm getting shanghaied, hermano, at least put a sister in the loop."

I'm sorry for your troubling history, hermanito, but the compulsion is your own. I have no woven no magics to bring you to me, though I have foreseen such. There are bad men, and worse, who must be dealt with, and your skills will likely be invaluable to these others, and if you play your cards right, profitable to yourself. The big man with bright, white teeth smiles sympathetically, "Patience, hermanito. There are others still on the way who will likewise need to know what faces them."
Whisper wrote:"One o' yours?", she asks Wakiza, and motions with her head towards this new calamity, hands instinctively moving, ready to draw her guns.
"Just talk plain.", she grumbles, adding under her breath, "Jesus."

That particular sage predates our order by millennia, but he faced many of the same trials we do when confronting the powerful with the truth.
Wakiza wrote:Wak nods to Will as the radio crackles, "Oh, that is them now." Over the radio to Murdoc and John, "Meeting is about to start feel free to come by if you do it quick. We are at mercenary Plaza on the 5th floor."

In response to Calamity John and Whisper, "I don't know you. Were you invited to this meeting? As for being Shanghaied, my team is full up at the moment, maybe the Spooks are hiring?" As he looks to Whisper, Carl and Minerva. "Also, when you are looking for work it is generally bad form to insult the one that is doing the hiring."

He looks back to the Seer with an obvious look of please expound, "Other than the psychic phenomenon, we have no idea what warning you are talking about."

"I suppose I should start with some background information, the others are almost arrived, and while this establishes some of the background, it's not necessarily vital."
Whisper wrote:In response to Wakiza, Whisper mutters, "Don't get yer panties in a twist, princess."

Hush now, child. No one here wishes to harm you, though your friends are not interested in looking after you either. It's a lonely path you're walking. One I understand well having seen many young people walk the same path many times before. Be still. They are here, the time for answers is at hand.
Murdoc, Mercedes, and Jack arrive and are ushered in to the office of Geoff Blackman. (See previous posts in the thread for descriptive details.)

Blackman nods to the seer as the latest trio trickles in. Blackman says to the newcomers, "Take up some floorspace, folks, the show's about to start." He then turns his back on the meeting and looks out over Merctown from the vantage of his office window.

The seer looks over the faces of those assembled.

Only reveal if you intend to use telepathy
Anyone attempting to telepathically read the seer's surface thoughts will find his thoughts are entirely unguarded. This is nearly all of them, but the other one, his path is hardest to see at all. They will need to find allies, but this path they are on is the best route to the survival of us all. All the other forks in the path lead only to darkness.

The seer sits down and crosses his legs. He rests his hands, palm down on his knees. He then takes a long, calming breath, and begins.

"Located in the deepest recesses of the Magic Zone, an expanse of the forest has long been dark and filled with evil. An area of forest inhabited and dominated by necromancers...and worse. The dead find no peace here, and the living know little of the light or of human decency. While bones have value here, life itself does not. Carriages pulled by the rotting corpses of long dead horses or monstrous beasts are common sights on the roads between the villages, and monsters of all manner roam the forest freely. The most horrible and forbidden magicks are practiced here: human sacrifice, demonic summoning, and witchcraft are all commonplace. It is a region or territory more than any sort of kingdom, but a certain cult has been growing in power and influence for over a decade now. These cultists steal the souls of their victims in order to feed their quest for power and magic. They hope to bring a nightmare of embodied malevolence, a vampire of sorts, into the world. The Grey Seers have struggled to warn the Kingdom of Dunscon, the powers that be in Merctown and Stormspire, the Lords of Magic in Dweomer, even the Council of Learning in Lazlo of this growing danger. Alas, the great evil that was the Tolkeen war, and the political unpopularity of our order has caused our warning to go unheeded and unlistened to; this is what brings you here today. This cult is growing dangerously close to achieving its ends. The psychic phenomenon experienced recently is only the first shockwave announcing the arrival of this horror to our world. Some of you may know of the astral city known as Psyscape which manifested itself in the material world some years ago. I tell you this to impart the significance of my warning: Psyscape is aware of the situation, if not the severity and urgency of the situation, and it is this which brought that sliver of the Astral Plane into our world. The denizens of Psyscape know of this threat, and returned to this world with the express purpose of stopping it. Largely unaided, they have not been able to accomplish much more than slowing its growth and containing the danger."

He sighs and looks out over those assembled, his guileless face showing that he knows they will have questions.

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Bettie Houser » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 65

Bettie arrives with John at the meeting and seeing the slightly tense situation she leans towards John and whispers, "A bit touchy around here...not sure why, but we ought to keep our hands on our hilts I think...".
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:18 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Jack removes his helmet as he enters the building, his red hair and beard stand out. He follows the others into the lift and checks and makes sure nothing is out of place. He walks in and sees William and Waz.


Blackman nods to the seer as the latest trio trickles in. Blackman says to the newcomers, "Take up some floorspace, folks, the show's about to start." He then turns his back on the meeting and looks out over Merctown from the vantage of his office window.


Jack looks at his comrades and at the other Merc company’s personnel. He looks at the wild man with the bright teeth. “He got to be giving us information.” He looks carefully trying to figure, the one in the suit,“He is the one with the contract whose Office it is and, There is an Elf?! Dang that is an elf? Wonder what the others in their company can do?”

Jack strains to listen to the Wild Man. He stays close to Murdoc, as he is unsure of his roll in all of this. “This Bloke looks like he’s been on a walkabout a bit too long. Then there is that strange bloke over there (John) what’s his story? The ladies seem to be the most normal of the other company. Not sure about the elf or the other one."

"Going against another devil of some sort, Witches, and Undead? Magic Cities! They have whole cities full of magic? Dang Aussie land must be in the darkest part of the world. Astral City of Psyscape? It is the second time I have heard of this place recently. And I have a friend, If this was not a dream, and maybe a girlfriend."

"Finn Lahz, wonder what he is up to these days. Wonder if this guy knows him? Dang Psyscape is a large city not sure this one knows of him or Jessica?”

Jack whispers to Mudoc,? “Can we ask questions? Or is th a thing that only the Captains do?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Minerva » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 58

Wakiza wrote:Wak nods and again in Spanish, "You are right, I don't recognize the location. The furthest south I've made it is the northern edge of Columbia, just a few islands really. Sorry, I meant Vampires. Mexico has been overrun with vampires, nasty bloodsuckers." Wak gives her a grin and continues still in Spanish, "Well I hope I live up to the hype. I have had a few serious adventures on this world and a few others. Look forward to working with you."

"Ah, vampiros. Todavía tengo que encontrar uno de estos. No me gustan las sanguijuelas." She just nods to the last comment.


Minerva watches as the rest of the late comers arrive. No tenemos tiempo para joder. ¿Quién llega tarde a una reunión? As the Seer speaks, Minerva just listens. At the end, once the threat has been thoroughly explained, she says "I do not care one way or another about necromancers. A soul, that is a sacred thing. Not to be stolen for power. I will fight for your cause Seer. I will take the head of whoever was in mine earlier today."

Translations
"Ah, vampiros. Todavía tengo que encontrar uno de estos. No me gustan las sanguijuelas.=Ah, Vampires. I have yet to encounter one of these. I do not like bloodsuckers."
No tenemos tiempo para joder. ¿Quién llega tarde a una reunión?=We don't have time to fuck around. Who shows up late to a meeting?
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Calamity John » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:52 am

Perception 19%(+5% for spotting a deal): 1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 13

Eyeballing the Others
Recognize Weapon Quality 44%: 1d100 = 49
Appraise Goods 69%: 1d100 = 20

Wakiza wrote:In response to Calamity John and Whisper, "I don't know you. Where you invited to this meeting? As for being Shanghaied, my team is full up at the moment, maybe the Spooks are hiring?" As he looks to Whisper, Carl and Minerva. "Also, when you are looking for work it is generally bad form to insult the one that is doing the hiring." Who in the spirits is that kid?


"I came here looking to hire some security, not find work. To be precise; I'm not a hired gun, I'm a merchant who hires gunmen." The other reason people come to Mercenary Plaza, you know. Jeez mercenaries just assume everyone's a colleague."I thought I had wandered into a strip show with all the flesh parading through the ground floor and I'm never afraid to crash a party. When I realized it wasn't actually a party, I was about to leave that lobby out there when mister mysterious here," John again indicates the robed fellow with a dismissive wave. "...decided to use some mind fuckery to drag me into this room. Or, if not him, someone who wants me to help him and you. I swear I sure didn't choose to walk in this room."

Jane sighs loudly. "If I am to be a hired gun now, I better get paid well for this drek."

Augur wrote:I'm sorry for your troubling history, hermanito, but the compulsion is your own. I have no woven no magics to bring you to me, though I have foreseen such. There are bad men, and worse, who must be dealt with, and your skills will likely be invaluable to these others, and if you play your cards right, profitable to yourself. The big man with bright, white teeth smiles sympathetically, "Patience, hermanito. There are others still on the way who will likewise need to know what faces them."


A voice inside his head gets John even more rankled. But Jane can be a cool customer if she needs to be, so on the outside John simply sits down calmly and waits as more people filter in. The cold rage directed at the psychic fellow is only apparent to those who can sense emotions.

Neither John nor his Jane persona have any questions for the Grey Seer.
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Murdoc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:38 am

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 100
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 84

Murdoc gives Wakiza a hearty nods as he, Jack and Mercedes arrive to the show.

Hearing what they're going up against, Murdoc just shakes his head and thinks, Frak, more undead...Wel if they're so many of these frakers, I've got no problem cutting down their blight upon the world.

When he hears Spanish, he turns toward its source and gives a smile and a small chuckle but refrains from saying anything.

When Jack whispers a question to him, Murdoc shakes his head and whispers back, "Go right ahead. Just don't be rude."

Meanwhile, Murdoc just settles back to listen for a bit. Letting the smarter and more well informed ask questions first.
Last edited by Murdoc on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby William Summers » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 56

Will sits and drinks his water and listens to the mission briefing. More smiting evil! I could get used to this direction for the 'Necks. We've seen some things that most others wouldn't believe exist, but all the boating around got old real fast. I'm ready to stick to land this time. Wait, what did he say about the Brothers? Will speaks up. "Surely the Lords of Magic would have dealt with this if it were deemed enough of a threat. What is the name of this cult? Of the creature they bring?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 pm

OOC: Folks, Lahz is an Elf, but has had cosmetic surgery (his ears look like those of a normal human). Sorry :wink: he passes as a 30ish human … though he is over 80yrs old.

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 1 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines] <--- Whoa!
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (120', 7.00 Min]], Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 800', 15.00 Min)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 11 -- (This is going to go wild within the range of Murdoc's Phase Sword … )




At the mention of his hometown (Psyscape) Lahz cocks an eyebrow, *Psyscape is aware of the situation? … May need to check back in with my Parents. Need to get Aurelia and Kaiya out to see them anyways. It's been almost 10 years since I visited home … *

Calamity John wrote:"I came here looking to hire some security, not find work. To be precise; I'm not a hired gun, I'm a merchant who hires gunmen ... decided to use some mind fuckery to drag me into this room. Or, if not him, someone who wants me to help him and you. I swear I sure didn't choose to walk in this room. If I am to be a hired gun now, I better get paid well for this drek."


Lahz frowns as he looks the teen over, "A hired gun? A merchant? You hardly seem the type who could afford us. You're barely a beyond child yourself, and you don't seem have a damned gun."

He is pondering the threat of a trip to explore the depths of the Magic Zone and the walking corpse armies of Necromancer warlords. As several additional people enter the room the Psi-Tech's eyes widen and he frowns curiously at the massive thickly-built mohawked stranger (Murdoc) bearing one of the most astonishing pieces of tech ever to pass within his sight and senses (Phase Sword) and a low murmur escapes him unbidden, "What on Earth???"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 66%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 96

John looks over all the strangers, quickly deciding that unless one is a shapeshifted dragon, they aren’t a physical threat and won’t require subtle flexing-based intimidation. And then he remembers how frightening Will is and checks for signs of spellcasters.

Lore: Magic 1d100 = 1 / 51%

When Bettie talks, he mutters in response, “We called this Merc Ego Derangement Syndrome” in the Kingsdale Guard. It’s when the mercs all want to talk and step on each other at a meet instead of having one or two negotiators. Usually the more powerful or unprofessional the individual, the more talking they do.

As the Seer talks, John listens and nods along. Who is Psyscape?

Then he blurts out, “We’re going to kill a god! ... Wait, it can steal souls?!?”

“Wait, souls are real?!?”
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Jack raises his hand to speak, “My name is Jack Killian of the Roughnecks, Pardon my accent, I’m new here from Australia. Ta, help the group, I’ll have some healing abilities and I can cause big fires. Glad to work with you.”

Jack turns to the wild man, “Sir, are these normal zombies? Ya,Know , Ya, can take them down with normal weapons or do we need something like silver or something else? Next the Demon does he have a name, or any known vulnerabilities? This might help us to bring the equipment.” Jack touches the hilt of his sword so she can listen to the conversation and have some visual inputs. "Sorry lady but I would appreciate any inputs you can provide."

Jack continues questioning the Wild Man, "Finally, you mentioned Psyscape. A while ago when I was younger, I ran into someone in what I thought were dreams. The Person said he was from Psyscape, His name is Finn, Finn Lahz. He said we were in the Astral Plane. And he would help guide me back. Again, not sure if he is real or not, but when you mention Psyscape I thought I would ask.”

Jack looks around at the others, he has more questions but doesn't want to hog the stage. He wishes the others would concentrate on what the mission is and the fine details about what they are. hired to do? "Are we to assist, locate or take on the demon?"
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Calamity John » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:11 pm

(Rolls Held)

Now the cute 'human' is talking at John. That makes things a little bit more tolerable.

"My rifle is at the gates. I wasn't planning on visiting the Warrens this trip, so I don't really need a pistol for a stop to MercOps. As for affording you, maybe not. I may wish I could pay extra for nice eye candy on my route, but most hired guns working with the guys up on the seventh floor will work for a few hundred credits a week each, and that's all I need for a hop between here and Kingsdale."

John stands up from his seat at the table and offers Lahz his hand for a shake. "John Claymore. I run a route between El Paso and here. I know I don't look like a hard warrior type, but I can put a hole between someone's eyes at a safe distance. Are you one of the 'Spooks' that Cyber-Knight mentioned?"
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 58

Conditions: Telepathy active

Whisper wrote:"Don't get yer panties in a twist, princess." Whisper mutters sardonically.


Wak half smiles, though he is a touch riled at the lack of respect, and mutters, "Children." Then purposely turns his back on the merc and back to the Seer. As Calamity John speaks, Wak gives a nod towards Carl, "He leads the Spooks."

Wak nods to the arrival of the rest of the Roughnecks, especially Murdoc. As the Seer touches his mind he replies telepathically (-4 isp) , I know . . . the struggles against the Sploogs and vamps are real and a necessity. When he picks up his open thoughts he replies, Whose path?

After the Seer's speech, he ponders a bit. Spirits . . . Psyscape is involved, my adopted parents spoke often of that place. Haven for heroes and the enlightened they always said. He smiles at Minerva's bravado, I am going to like her, unfortunately she reminds me of the mage Ravella. He brushes off the melancholy and vision of her head laying next to her body after he killed her. Focus on the issues at hand Wak.

Wak grimaces and responds, "That war only caused trouble, fools on all sides. So, more undead? Zombies, demons, witches . . . sounds like our kinda of fight! Do you have a map of this location? What are the mission objectives? Survey, scout, guerrilla raids? What are we talking about? What needs to be done to stop their objective? Hate to be mundane, but what is the pay structure like? We are mercs, so give us some objectives? Do we have any allies in the area? Safe zones or at least safe houses? Numbers and types of the enemy? What do you know? How many and what types of demons? Zombies? Their magical support? We need more information? Where have they been raiding to gather their victims? What kind of help can we expect from you and the Seers? We need some specifics old timer." He looks at Blackman, " What do you know or what have you found out? This seems like something you would immediately start gathering intel on?" Wak awaits some answers.

Wonder how close Will's connections are to Dweomer? Would they support us on Will's word? I'll have to ask him later
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Vheld » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 92
PER: 1d100 = 18 vs. 51%

Lore: Psychics and Psionics- 1d100 = 98 vs. 94%
To know about Psyscape.
Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 54 vs. 99%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 7 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- 1d100 = 59 vs. 64%
All to infer what he can about the threat, its weaknesses, how to combatant, etc.; especially if the seer provides its name.

Vheld watches the exchange between Whisper, Calamity John, and the others with wry amusement, though he gives no outward sign. Serves those pompous seers right. Then his reverie is interrupted.

Augur wrote:Put yourself at ease, vengeful sword of Tyrin. There are still others en route who need to know. I will be candid in due time.
Vheld snaps back (to the extent tht he can), I don't like people rummaging about in my head, old man. Stay out and mind your own business. Vheld will, however, remain silent and attentive during the briefing.

Augur wrote:"The most horrible and forbidden magicks are practiced here: human sacrifice, demonic summoning, and witchcraft are all commonplace."
Vheld allows himself a smirk at this line- but otherwise remains silent.

"The Grey Seers have struggled to warn the Kingdom of Dunscon, the powers that be in Merctown and Stormspire, the Lords of Magic in Dweomer, even the Council of Learning in Lazlo of this growing danger."
Sixth choice, eh? Well that inspires a lot of confidence. I suppose we should be grateful they didn't tip the Coalition off.

Then things get interesting.

"Some of you may know of the astral city known as Psyscape which manifested itself in the material world some years ago. I tell you this to impart the significance of my warning: Psyscape is aware of the situation, if not the severity and urgency of the situation, and it is this which brought that sliver of the Astral Plane into our world. The denizens of Psyscape know of this threat, and returned to this world with the express purpose of stopping it."
Psyscape? I know that name... Fascinating.

When that concludes the briefing, however, Vheld suppresses a flash of irritation. The fool was too busy being mysterious and dramatic to even give us a name for this threat. Surely they intuited that much, at least. Aloud, he says "Does this threat have a name? And what, exactly, do you expect us to do about it?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, June 1, 111 P.A.
Time: 1415
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Mercenary Plaza, 5th Floor: Blackman Intelligence Resources


Minerva replies to the seer, "I do not care one way or another about necromancers. A soul, that is a sacred thing. Not to be stolen for power. I will fight for your cause Seer. I will take the head of whoever was in mine earlier today."

The fellow dressed like a cowboy (Calamity John) argues and makes conspiratorial claims the sighs, "If I am to be a hired gun now, I better get paid well for this drek."

The seer addresses this key point with a booming word. "Remuneration! Of course you will be compensated for this endeavor both materially, by virtue of the deed itself, and by your peers no doubt! Songs will likely be composed and epic poems written about your deeds, thus making your legacy immortal! The Grey Seers and our various associates will be able to compensate you materially for this great endeavor, but the Seers are not a mercantile interest, and so are not, by any stretch of the term, wealthy. We are, however, owed a great many debts by a great many powerful kingdoms and individuals, so we will be able to offer a reasonably generous reward for services rendered."

OOC: The reward is based on success; up to a million credits each; plus each group gains 1 boon from either The Grey Seers, Blackman, Psyscape or Lord Dunscon [which depends on how events unfold])

Will speaks up, "Surely the Lords of Magic would have dealt with this if it were deemed enough of a threat. What is the name of this cult? Of the creature they bring?"

The seer shakes his head sadly. "No, the Lords of Magic have not even been willing to grant us an audience. Their immediate subordinates, on the other hand, have, and rebuffed our many warnings and pleas for intervention over the years with everything from empathetic counter-pleas for patience, to outright skepticism and hostility depending on the intermediary at the time." He then adds, "No one outside this region is certain of the name of this cult, but the terms 'Harvesters' and 'Soulharvest' are reportedly in the hushed whispers of every person near the region."

John blurts out, “We’re going to kill a god! Wait, it can steal souls?!? Wait, souls are real?!?”

The seer's mood changes from serious to humorous in a moment and he laughs.

Jack ventures a question or three, "Sir, are these normal zombies?"
The seer answers, "I do not know."

Jack asks, "Can take them down with normal weapons or do we need something like silver or something else?"

The seer answers, "I do not know."

Jack asks, "The demon, does he have a name?"

The seer answers, "I do not know for certain, but the name Nxla has occasionally been reported by the very few who have escaped captivity from this cult."

Jack asks, "Any known vulnerabilities?"

The seer answers, "I do not know."

Wakiza picks up the seer's surface thoughts and asks, Whose path? But the question is so vague in response to such a complex thought as to be impossible to respond to. He then poses some more practical questions.

Wakiza asks, "Do you have a map of this location?"

The seer answers, "No, but it's only a week's travel afoot from this place. It's in the Magic Zone after all, and Merctown is on the edge of that greater region. This region dominated by this malevolent cult is within the Magic Zone, and not far from Dunscon."

Wakiza asks, "What are the mission objectives? Survey, scout, guerrilla raids?"

The seer is clearly either unfamiliar with these terms, or uncomfortable in using them accurately. The man is an open book, and his uncertainty and humility before his ignorance are plain to see in his expressions and body language. "The world is desperate to prevent its own end. As I can read from the looks on most all your faces, what we know is precious little, and we're not military advisors, but sages. You'll need to investigate the area yourselves to determine what the necessary course of action is to prevent the emergence of this evil into our world. This is a matter for your skill sets, not our own. We do know that there have been recent reports of groups and individuals heading towards this region of late. And we also know that you will not be the only ones investigating the area. These psychic disturbances have been happening for weeks now, this one is just the most recent and most powerful to date. I have even heard from a colleague via the astral plane that a group from Magestar specifically is looking into this matter. But no doubt you will know far better than the Seers what needs to be done after you've gathered sufficient information from the region, and no doubt you will want to gather allies as we have not succeeded in doing these many seasons."

Wakiza asks, "What are we talking about? What needs to be done to stop their objective?"

The seer answers, "I do not know."

Wakiza asks, "Hate to be mundane, but what is the pay structure like?"

"If you succeed, the Grey Seers will reward you handsomely, if you do not, we will all likely be dead or wish we were soon enough, and so such material concerns will be of no consequence whatsoever."

OOC: The reward is based on success; up to a million credits each; plus each group gains 1 boon from either The Grey Seers, Blackman, Psyscape or Lord Dunscon [which depends on how events unfold])

Wakiza requests, "We are mercs, so give us some objectives."

The seer smiles. "Go to the Magic Zone and investigate, learn the truth, and take the necessary actions to prevent our doom."

Wakiza asks, "Do we have any allies in the area?"

The seer's smile nearly splits his face in half. "Where we have failed, mayhap you can succeed. The True Federation, the Lords of Magic, Stormspire, and even your own councils here may be allies should you be able to bring relevant information about the threat to them. Our dire warnings have failed to move any of them because we lack the skills to be sufficiently specific or provide them material evidence." What appears to be years of accrued frustration erupt at once. "We are seers, not spooks, not generals!"

Wakiza asks, "Safe zones or at least safe houses?"

The seer doesn't even appear to understand the implications of those terms. "Oh, the Magic Zone isn't as the Coalition would have you believe. It's not plagued by monsters and mad sorcerers. There is no shortage of reasonably safe communities in the region outside the region for which I have gathered you here today."

Wakiza asks, "Numbers and types of the enemy?"

The seer answers, "I do not know."

Wakiza asks, "How many and what types of demons? Zombies? Their magical support?"

The seer answers, "I do not know."

Wakiza asks, "Where have they been raiding to gather their victims?"

The seer nods. "At last, a question to which I don't feel out of my element and unhelpful. Obviously, they have struck out beyond their own domain within that dark forest, so the nearest communities, villages and homesteads have been dealing with this problem unsuccessfully for some years now, but this cult has begun even affect the outlying regions of Stormspire and Dunscon itself!"

Wakiza asks, "What kind of help can we expect from you and the Seers?"

The seer bows as he speaks, "Should we able to, we will provide what aid we can via the astral plane. Likewise, if you come across any of our order in the region, you need only tell them of your task, and they will render whatever assistance they can. And should the need arise, your psychic friends and associates here will be able to reach us in the astral plane should you need to communicate with far flung members of your groups. We will happily act as intermediaries in this regard."

Wakiza looks at Blackman, "What do you know or what have you found out? This seems like something you would immediately start gathering intel on?"

Blackman, having finally been addressed, replies only after giving his response nearly a full minute of consideration. "Our agents in Stormspire and Dunscon confirm the general tenor of the Seer's claim: there's a growing threat emerging from that region, and lots of locals have gone missing in recent months. In recent weeks, there have even been sporadic reports, rumors mostly, of people dropping what they're doing and walking towards the place as though on a pilgrimage, or as if compelled by an invisible hand. Let me add that should you mercs succeed, not only will I vouchsafe for the Seers' payment to you..." he seems to give his next words an incredible weight with the pregnancy of his pause, "I'll owe you a favor."

Vheld boldly addresses the looming, unasked question. "Does this threat have a name? And what, exactly, do you expect us to do about it?"

The seer and Blackman both look to Vheld and say in unison. "We expect you to stop it." Blackman adds, "If you fail, you'll likely be dead or worse, but perhaps your deaths will be the crucial evidence needed to wake the regional powers into action. Should they fail, this threat will likely be well out of hand, so we'll next notify the Coalition States themselves, and request they annihilate the entire region between Dunscon and Stormspire. But my sources report that their armies currently have their hands full on multiple fronts at present, so a threat of this magnitude might only be dealt with...by an overwhelming nuclear strike."

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Wakiza » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 22

Conditions: Telepathy active

Wak nods to Blackman as he offers a favor, Hmm that could be interesting, however he looks at the seer a little surprised, "Aren't sages supposed to provide guidance, advice, information? No wonder the powers that be around here have all but ignored you. There are enough real and known threats in the world. Sploogs, Vamps, the Xiticix, spirits, the Coalition States themselves. Why would they listen to anyone just raving about impending doom without gathering evidence. You would have been better off hiring Blackman earlier and let him gather intelligence and then present it to those powers." I'm sure Blackman appreciates the plug. "All you can give us is a general location and wish us luck? Spirits if we wouldn't have been hit with that psychic surge we would be laughing and walking out the door ourselves. Even the idiots in charge of Tolkeen gave us better intel." Wak ponders a bit, "Well, if there aren't any serious objections from my team, and as Blackman backs you up and guarantees the payment, the Roughnecks are willing to look into this Nxla for you, what say you Spooks?"

He looks to Blackman, "I assume you have agents that can find us if you come up with any new intel? I hate these nothing real to go on missions." He gives him a comms frequency to contact the Roughnecks.

He thinks to Will, Will its Wak, you think its worth stopping in your old home on our way to wherever? You have any ins back there?
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Vheld » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:47 am

JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 58
PER: 1d100 = 67 vs. 51%

Vheld wrote:Lore: Demons and Monsters- Original post: 1d100 = 54 vs. 99%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- Original post: 1d100 = 7 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- Original post: 1d100 = 59 vs. 64%
All to infer what he can about the threat, its weaknesses, how to combatant, etc.; especially if the seer provides its name.


Augur wrote:John blurts out, “We’re going to kill a god! Wait, it can steal souls?!? Wait, souls are real?!?”
"Don't worry. The Spook Squad has some experience in this area."

Augur wrote:The seer and Blackman both look to Vheld and say in unison. "We expect you to stop it."
"How can you have any reasonable expectation that we'll stop it when you have essentially no idea of what this 'Nxla' is capable of?"

The shifter is irritated at the vague promises of a reward, but he'll defer to Carl's lead on that one. Worst-case scenario, it may be time to leave this planet. Aloud, he merely adds. "The Spook Squad doesn't generally work on the basis of vague promises. You had better be able to make this worth our while."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 12 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (120', 6.00 Min]], Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 800', 14.00 Min)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 77 -- (This is going to go wild within the range of Murdoc's Phase Sword … )




Lahz's thoughts continue to wander a bit on the topic of Psyscape with a bit of dread, *But I have not been home since I had my ears ... Father is not exactly as pragmatic as some … Bloody hell I am over 100 years old, I don't answer to the old man anymore. I had my damn ears trimmed back so I could avoid CS trouble. Oh but it's going to be hours, frak it years of eye rolls and disappointed sighs and lectures about Elven pride and dignity ... *

Turning his attention back to the sage who has apparently achieved bliss (through ignorance :wink: ), *Soulharvest? Nyxla? ... What the hell are those?!? ...*

Lore: Demons & Monsters 45%: EP Success [Determine if Lahz has ever heard anything of Nyxla or the Soulharvest cult]

*Little wonder these 'Sages' have found little welcome and no audience of note. We know nothing except that these things are dangerous and have no idea how to kill them. We cannot pay with anything but ambiguous promises and dread. Unlikely I'll find anything new techwise out in the Magic Zone. Should I be looking for TW to augment the Marauder? Its Mace has silver studs and can harm supernatural, and Tony has his claws and that Naruni sword. But damnit going want to find ranged stuff for myself, not just rely on Vheld and whatever these others can do ...*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Mercedes » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 17;JIC d100: 1d100 = 44
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 87/80%

While making certain to put up a Mind Block, paranoid thoughts race through Mercedes' mind.

I should have worn armor. And a force field! Hell if you'll be reading MY mind, you vague sonofabitch!

Mercedes for the most part remains fairly quiet, but can't help asking for specifics, "So how much are we going to be paid?"
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Whisper » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 10;JIC d100: 1d100 = 19

Hush now, child. No one here wishes to harm you, though your friends are not interested in looking after you either. It's a lonely path you're walking. One I understand well having seen many young people walk the same path many times before. Be still. They are here, the time for answers is at hand.

Oh, you did NOT just go pokin' into my head uninvited! How 'bout I paint the walls with your brains an' we'll see 'bout mind readin' YOU!
Yet, in spite of the mental outburst, Lily mostly grumbles and frowns.

Whisper makes a face at the number of questions the seer is asked to which he has no answer.
Not even a little inkling? F**k!

She looks to Carl, wondering what the seer meant by saying her comrades were not interested in looking after her. I look after myself! And Lulu loves me. I think.
"Light on the deets.", Whisper mumbles to no one in particular.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Jack listens to the response from the wild one. He has his hand on Betty, his new sword making sure she is receiving information. He takes a deep breath and realizes that he has run into this before. "This is what happens in the Outback. When the farmers and normal people not associated with fighting what something done, they don’t use any normal terms associated with the military they just want you to do to stop this from happening. They don’t understand that depending on the amount of violence drives the pay scale up for mercs. Normal people thing in round numbers. And have no idea what a company puts into these things. nor do they care if you lose a few Mercs along the way."

"Whereas the mercs, they want to get payed so that they can all survived and they don’t like to take on things that can harm them." Jack sighs, “Yes they, the people, the Wildman need help and if we don’t stop the thing now it will become much worse.”

Jack continues to listen to the others and their questions. The support only seems to be form Psyscape. Now we will have to try to convince other powers to take this thing seriously. Stormspire and Dunscon are foreign to him.

“OH! The Seers can provide help via the Astral Plane? What the hell does that mean? The astral is a bunch of empty space. With occasional Monster. The only time I got in there, was during a Dream Line Storm. Finn bailed my Arse out many a time. He got me home someway. Yea it happened to me more than a couple of times, it seemed like a Rite of Passage for me during my Walkabout.”

“So, we have Blackman Promise of a payment and more, a favor? That means a lot among Mercs anywhere. Just have to live to cash it in.”

“Stop the thing and if we die are deaths are the last bit of evidence, they need, to get everyone serious.“

“Hey sword any Idea of what a Nxla is?
Research,98 1d100 = 12

“Oh, some of the others are speaking after the bosses. Mercedes, yup that is her, so How much exactly is this promise worth. I don’t know her!”

“My, and another obvious no details.”

To Murdoc, “We need to figure out what we have. How soon we need to move and get the coordination going. Figure out the communications issues back and forth from here. Videos on all of us and a couple on the vehicles and then relay system. Need redundancy so if one goes down the others will continue. be good maybe to have a couple of people from each team go with the other group to help with consistency.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 49

John stares at the creepy mage on the Spooks. "They have experience with stealing souls? How is this suddenly a common thing?!? ... Remember to ask Will how to not have your soul stolen."

"No information from whoever this guy is. But some form of payment, favors owed by presumably the owner of this fancy office. As long as these necromancers have a bunch of amulets or random magic gear, we'll get paid well. That always sells for a good chunk. And there's always the chance of better loot mixed in. You take down a Coalition squad, you know what you're getting. Mages are like pinatas."

John remembers he has a gift, and pulls out the handful of jewelry he bought along with the amulets, sidles over to Mercedes and holds it out. "Here, saw these and thought you might like them."

Then he starts humming to himself. "We're gonna kill a god, kill a god, hmmm hmmm."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Calamity John » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Perception 19%(+5% for spotting a deal): 1d100 = 70
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

Barter 64%: 1d100 = 56
Intimidate 35%: 1d100 = 83

John is still furious. Want me to bend over and pucker up my asshole too? Mindrapist. The offer of a seven figure payday gives John pause, but Jane's still ready to reach over the table and try sticking the pointy parts of her hooligan tool into the Seer's eyeballs. When the guy who owns the place offers a favor on top, John pulls out his guide to find out who's offering favors. Okay, interesting. John knows the hard sell is pretty damn hard to pull off when the other party can read your mind, but the Black Marketeer has to give it a shot.

"You almost had me with that million credit payday. But I'm still a strong no, you thought stealing shithead. I think you have enough muscle for your needs. I'll get back to hiring my own." The cowboy stands up and tips his hat to Blackman. "Good luck, senor."
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Murdoc » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 90
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 66

Murdoc nods to Wakiza and states plainly, "So we are the scouts with the option to expand to a more active assault." He nods again, "I can work with that. Various types of undead and zombie types. Fire usually works well on those. I'm gonna needs to get more incendiary grenades and maybe a good old fashion flame thrower." He turns to Jack and gives the man a knowing look. Then you can work your mojo and make it really special.

"Soul Harvesters, I don't know anything about. Sounds kinda like slavers.", Murdoc gives a little shrug like it doesn't matter either way, "If that's the case, I'm more than happy to go in and deal death to a bunch of slavers."

When Jack turns to him and says;
Jack wrote:“We need to figure out what we have. How soon we need to move and get the coordination going. Figure out the communications issues back and forth from here. Videos on all of us and a couple on the vehicles and then relay system. Need redundancy so if one goes down the others will continue. be good maybe to have a couple of people from each team go with the other group to help with consistency.”


Murdoc speaks up so all can hear, "Video sounds like an excellent idea. Get all of this down on video and if it does turn out to be the worst of the worst, the Seers will have all the proof they need to go to the powers that be."

When Calamity John, starts to blow off the job and walk out, Murdoc gets a grin and turns to him, "You sure you're ready to skip out on this job? If we do go with this video thing, we'll need someone to coordinate all the techs and be the face on the camera. And if you truly are a merchant, you'd be hella useful as a cover for us wandering into the Magic Zone."
Last edited by Murdoc on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby William Summers » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 41

Will strokes his chin as he hears the phrases Soulharvest and Nxla. This all sounds very demonic. Better bring the big guns. He sounds scared of this threat. If the oracles are frightened, it means we should pay attention whether... whether the Lords think it is beneath them or not.

Wakiza wrote:He thinks to Will, Will its Wak, you think its worth stopping in your old home on our way to wherever? You have any ins back there?


"Don't know if any of the guard there would remember me. Maybe some old teachers. I've been gone long enough that I don't know how much help they'd give me, boss." Damn, am I even welcome back home? Maybe Merctown is my home now.

John Altfeld wrote:John remembers he has a gift, and pulls out the handful of jewelry he bought along with the amulets, sidles over to Mercedes and holds it out. "Here, saw these and thought you might like them."


"Crap, I forgot I got this for you!" Will hands John an Amulet of See The Invisible. If John attempts to fork over any creds, Will shakes his head. "On the house. A gift between friends, no?"

With Murdoc talking about flamethrowers and killing slavers, Will lights up a bit. "You are speaking my language, amigo! Let's burn em up!"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:40 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack smiles at Murdoc and William and responds, “I like the idea of fire. Let’s put another Shrimp on the Barbie a whole lot of them. OH and a Song I liked, I Didn't Start the Fire.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Minerva » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 48

Minerva sits impatiently while the little men argue about money and whether or not to fight. Por supuesto que debemos destruirlo. ¿Quién cuestiona las visiones de un oráculo? Tontos. Prestaré mi fuerza a pesar de todo.

Calamity John wrote:"You almost had me with that million credit payday. But I'm still a strong no, you thought stealing shithead. I think you have enough muscle for your needs. I'll get back to hiring my own." The cowboy stands up and tips his hat to Blackman. "Good luck, senor."

Minerva glances up from her seat, her bottle green eyes cutting straight to the cowboy. "Watch who you're calling a shithead, shithead." Los cojones en este.

Translations
Por supuesto que debemos destruirlo. ¿Quién cuestiona las visiones de un oráculo? Tontos. Prestaré mi fuerza a pesar de todo. = Of course we must destroy it. Who questions the visions of an oracle? Fools. I shall lend my might regardless.

Los cojones en este.= The balls on this one.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, June 1, 111 P.A.
Time: 1415
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Mercenary Plaza, 5th Floor: Blackman Intelligence Resources


Wakiza wrote:"Aren't sages supposed to provide guidance, advice, information? No wonder the powers that be around here have all but ignored you. There are enough real and known threats in the world. Sploogs, Vamps, the Xiticix, spirits, the Coalition States themselves. Why would they listen to anyone just raving about impending doom without gathering evidence. You would have been better off hiring Blackman earlier and let him gather intelligence and then present it to those powers."

The seer cocks an eyebrow at Wakiza's rant. "You are mistaken, young warrior. Sages reveal the TRUTH. The truth often doesn't come packaged, bar-coded, with an instruction manual, and directions for use. That upsets people because people fear the unknown. Your reaction is no less predictable or different than the Viziers of Dweomer or the oligarchs of Stormspire. Ignorance, while often inconvenient, is nothing to fear; it's a problem to recognize honestly and correct." He folds his hand before him and bows slightly. "That I cannot much help you in this correction I deeply regret and wish were otherwise."

Wakiza wrote:"I assume you have agents that can find us if you come up with any new intel? I hate these nothing real to go on missions."

Blackman's face is inscrutable as he says, "I'll reach out to my assets tonight and feed your companies what I can without compromising their covers."

Vheld wrote:"How can you have any reasonable expectation that we'll stop it when you have essentially no idea of what this 'Nxla' is capable of?"

The seer's face cracks with a broad, genuine smile. "I never claimed an expectation, nor assert my belief in your abilities to be reasonable, but the alternative is doom, so...faith."

Vheld wrote:"The Spook Squad doesn't generally work on the basis of vague promises. You had better be able to make this worth our while."

Blackman preempts any potential response from the seer. "I can see to that much."
Mercedes wrote:"So how much are we going to be paid?"

Blackman looks to the seers, then looks back to Mercedes. His eyes narrow. "I can vouchsafe at least half a million credits for each of you; more depending on the extent of your success and how that effects the outcome of this matter."

Jack's sword admits of no such knowledge. (inapplicable skill)

Lahz recalls nothing regarding a "Nxla" but he does remember hearing things from his family and others about an evil cult of necromancers who enthralled the living as well as the dead and who stole the souls of their captives for dark, unknown ends. Apparently, the summoning of this "Nxla" is one of the many ends to which they've dedicated these souls.

C. John wrote:"You almost had me with that million credit payday. But I'm still a strong no, you thought stealing shithead. I think you have enough muscle for your needs. I'll get back to hiring my own."

The seer's smile broadens into a mischievous grin. "I have two 'sagely' bits of advice, for you: remember that instinct plus opportunity equals profit and keep in mind that a dead customer can't buy as much as a live one. What's the opportunity cost of simply allowing an unknown competitor to take your customer's lives and wealth? What if the vital tool is missing? What if you have that tool? As you said, there's plenty of muscle here, and clearly that's not your wheelhouse." Perhaps what all this muscle needs is someone with a nose for opportunity. Someone with different instincts and skills. Are not your skills scarce? Do not these mercenaries have a surplus of the same skills? There's profit in that scarcity.

C. John wrote:The cowboy stands up and tips his hat to Blackman. "Good luck, senor."

Blackman doesn't even look at John, but rather considers the bottom of his glass as he says, "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Vheld » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:03 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 31
PER: 1d100 = 24 vs. 51%

Augur wrote:The seer and Blackman both look to Vheld and say in unison. "We expect you to stop it."
Augur wrote:"I never claimed an expectation, nor assert my belief in your abilities to be reasonable, but the alternative is doom, so...faith."
Vheld snorts and thinks hard. Idiot. Any empathic or surface scan will reveal he doesn't care who 'hears' him.

Augur wrote:Blackman preempts any potential response from the seer. "I can see to that much... I can vouchsafe at least half a million credits for each of you; more depending on the extent of your success and how that effects the outcome of this matter."
Vheld glances at Carl and, barring any objections from the Spooks' nominal commander, replies "It's below our usual fee for killing a God, but I suppose allowances must be made for the potential elimination of all life on Earth." Nobody is getting to Splynncryth before I do.

Calamity John wrote:"You almost had me with that million credit payday. But I'm still a strong no, you thought stealing shithead. I think you have enough muscle for your needs. I'll get back to hiring my own." The cowboy stands up and tips his hat to Blackman. "Good luck, senor."
As John is leaving, Vheld growls quietly from beneath his cowl, "You got any skills to justify that kind of payday? Besides bloviating, that is?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 60

John takes the amulet from Will, "Oh, fantastic, thank you! I went to so many stores to find this." Then he tries to pay Will as anticipated. "And extra thanks - hopefully this was as cheap as the amulets I found at the Wizard's chest. If these Spooks are as solid as the Roughnecks, we'll have no problem with whatever we're about to fight."

If this is as big a danger as they're making it out, we'll probably head out tomorrow morning. So tonight is party night! I wonder if Juicer booze tastes good?

"Hey Will, do you know how to keep something from taking your soul?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Calamity John » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Perception 19% (+5% pertaining to a good deal): 1d100 = 90
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC d100: 1d100 = 29

Murdoc wrote:"You sure you're ready to skip out on this job? If we do go with this video thing, we'll need someone to coordinate all the techs and be the face on the camera. And if you truly are a merchant, you'd be hella useful as a cover for us wandering into the Magic Zone."


John shrugs at the first half of this statement. I have no practical skills with video. A show inside a show is an interesting idea, though. John does nod at the suggestion he'd provide appropriate cover and make less people ask questions about a heavily armed group.

Minerva wrote:"Watch who you're calling a shithead, shithead."


John smiles at the green eyed girl, and gives her a wink. You people make the hard sell even harder.

Vheld wrote:"You got any skills to justify that kind of payday? Besides bloviating, that is?"


Looking at the robed fellow who showed up to this meeting rather..... underdressed, John thinks I think I preferred this one as silent eye candy, but I like the way his tongue cuts too.

Mindrapist wrote:"I have two 'sagely' bits of advice, for you: remember that instinct plus opportunity equals profit and keep in mind that a dead customer can't buy as much as a live one. What's the opportunity cost of simply allowing an unknown competitor to take your customer's lives and wealth? What if the vital tool is missing? What if you have that tool? As you said, there's plenty of muscle here, and clearly that's not your wheelhouse." Perhaps what all this muscle needs is someone with a nose for opportunity. Someone with different instincts and skills. Are not your skills scarce? Do not these mercenaries have a surplus of the same skills? There's profit in that scarcity.


John glares again at the mental intrusion of thoughts in his head. "You should really stay out of my head. It's crowded enough in here without your damned intrusions."

"As the other fella there indicated, I can provide you the proverbial 'fig leaf' or 'beard' of being bodyguards for my merchant caravan. If we make regular stops along the way and I do my routine, nobody would ever ask any questions. In addition to that, I have contacts among my fellow merchants who probably have something to say about a trip towards these 'soulharvesters'. Even if their advice is limited to 'stay away from there', it would confirm what this mindfucker is saying. I also have a way with words, but that's apparently not unique in this group." At his last statement, John glances back at Minerva and and then at Vheld pointedly. "More specifically, I have a concept of economic value better than most in this room, and that's not just conceit. I've been running a merchant operation since puberty, while you guys were learning how to kill Dead Boys with your bare teeth or how to use magic, or whatever your specialties are." I inherited my operation by blowing my father's brains across the kitchen. But you mind fuckers better not bring that up.
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby William Summers » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 1

John Altfeld wrote:"Hey Will, do you know how to keep something from taking your soul?"

Will thinks for a moment. "I know how to keep a vampire from turning me, or a werewolf for that matter. But to keep something from stealing your soul? Damn, I don't think I do."

Will looks around the room at the Spooks, trying to figure out what their capabilities are. Gunslinger. No clue. Hand to hand specialist. No clue what she's about. Mage. Will walks up to Vheld and goes in for a handshake. "William Summers, Sojourner of Dweomer from the school of Battle. I recognize a brother of magic when I see one. I look forward to working together."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Perception [42%]: : 1d100 = 37 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: : 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 89


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (120', 5.00 Min]], Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 800', 13.00 Min)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 49 -- (This is going to go wild within the range of Murdoc's Phase Sword, or Killian's Tech-Rune Patron Sword … )




John stands up from his seat at the table and offers Lahz his hand for a shake. "John Claymore. I run a route between El Paso and here. I know I don't look like a hard warrior type, but I can put a hole between someone's eyes at a safe distance. Are you one of the 'Spooks' that Cyber-Knight mentioned?"


Lahz looks back at the bragging young man's hand for a moment and allows his Telemechanic/techno-senses to run over the man before shaking his hand, "Claymore? I am with the Spooks yes, but you may wish to watch your bluster. Not everyone is what they seem, and there are folks in this room who are over 100 years old, and others have tech that you can't comprehend ..." a look close to a scoff passes momentarily across his face as he lets go, "as opposed to someone with a translator and a few clips. Not even a pistol on you? ... Kid you better not wander into the Warrens."

Jack Killian wrote:To Murdoc, “We need to figure out what we have. How soon we need to move and get the coordination going. Figure out the communications issues back and forth from here. Videos on all of us and a couple on the vehicles and then relay system. Need redundancy so if one goes down the others will continue. be good maybe to have a couple of people from each team go with the other group to help with consistency.”


The Psi-Tech frowns at the other Mercs for a moment, "The Spooks are not big on publicizing our faces. We don't need video if the whole premise is that "if we fail everyone dies" holds ... because there will be no one to watch the videos."
Murdoc wrote:Murdoc speaks up so all can hear, "Video sounds like an excellent idea. Get all of this down on video and if it does turn out to be the worst of the worst, the Seers will have all the proof they need to go to the powers that be."

Calamity John wrote:"As the other fella there indicated, I can provide you the proverbial 'fig leaf' or 'beard' of being bodyguards for my merchant caravan. If we make regular stops along the way and I do my routine, nobody would ever ask any questions. In addition to that, I have contacts among my fellow merchants who probably have something to say about a trip towards these 'soulharvesters'. Even if their advice is limited to 'stay away from there', it would confirm what this mindfucker is saying. I also have a way with words, but that's apparently not unique in this group." At his last statement, John glances back at Minerva and and then at Vheld pointedly. "More specifically, I have a concept of economic value better than most in this room, and that's not just conceit. I've been running a merchant operation since puberty, while you guys were learning how to kill Dead Boys with your bare teeth or how to use magic, or whatever your specialties are."


"Necromancy is looked down on, but if all you get is proof of that, then it likely won't be anything so stunning that the 'powers that be' you reference have not seen before. The Soulharvest cult is attempting to summon Nxyla, and by the time that thing gets here having video will likely just show how things went wrong leading up to the end of the flipping world."

Lahz chuckles at Vheld's comment about this being under their normal rate, *Nxyla is a threat that could enslave and kill mortals all over, my own family included. So I suppose we are in.*

"You guys go ahead and take Junior here along then. We don't really need cover as merchant guards, and moving at the rate of a merchant caravan seems like foolishness. If we need a cover, we can just head for Psyscape as a way station on the way to trade with Shemarrians on the East Coast. Travelling together, anything with as much firepower as these 2 teams may suggest an especially valuable target."

*They can go slow if they want, but the Spooks will probably want to move alot faster than Kidie-Con-Artist here.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Calamity John » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:13 pm

(Rolls Held)

John literally rolls his eyes at Lahz's comment abut the Warrens. Man this guy is dense. I just said I wasn't planning on going to the Warrens this trip, and he acts like he's giving me information I didn't clearly state I already know. Being outgunned by a pack of mercs isn't news either. And what is with everyone acting like I'm looking for work with my hat in hand and need to be on my best behavior? I could give a fuck about this job or the Magic Zone- the Dead Boys gotta deal with them before the problem gets to the Pecos anyway.

"Well, alright buddy. You wanna rush in and not get a feel for the area as you approach, that's fine with me. I could really care less. You can count me out of an airdrop or teleporting or whatever your plan is."

Speaking directly to Blackman, "If these mind raping shits who took over my body to get me in this room think I'm important enough for this job, I'll take your pay. I think I'll stay out of the command structure of either of these...." Animal packs "mercenary associations. If that's a deal breaker, so be it. I didn't come looking for the job, buddy, it was shoved in my lap. I'm no worse off walking away without it."

John jots the number to the Golden Dragon down on a piece of paper. "I'll be heading out tomorrow, with or without the rest of you. You wanna travel together, leave a message for me with my friend Bao at that number."

"Mister Blackman, I'll stop by in the morning to see what information you manage to rustle up before I head out."

Then the merchant leaves. He's going to need to get a loan to cover some costs for this trip, so John's gotta hit up the local Black Market.

(Granddad's Pizza)
User avatar
Calamity John
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:52 am

ROLLS HELD

John frowns as the others start discussing details. "If we're accepting this mission, perhaps we should adjourn to somewhere with alcohol to go over strategy, and leave this nice man to his office."

He looks over at Vheld, "Although, if you know how to protect yourself from spiritual larceny, I'd be interested to hear how, Mr. I Know About Soul-Stealing."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 9
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 29


After hearing some starting to talk about a plan he plans to go up and talk to some of the others. “If I choose the ladies people might think I’m trying to go out with them.”

He decides to use his ability to See Auras

He eventually decides that Lahz the one he should approach. He walks in a bit closer.After he says

The Psi-Tech frowns at the other Mercs for a moment, "The Spooks are not big on publicizing our faces. We don't need video if the whole premise is that "if we fail everyone dies" holds ... because there will be no one to watch the videos."


Jack responds very neutral but with respect, “I didn’t mean it to video us. I meant to video the action and what we see. And I was thinking it should be sent via a secured network back to Mr. Blackman. So, he can gather more information. I, like you don’t think anyone should know who we are and what we are doing. I have no skills such as that but I think it would be good to have.”

When Lahz says,
"You guys go ahead and take Junior here along then. We don't really need cover as merchant guards, and moving at the rate of a merchant caravan seems like foolishness. If we need a cover, we can just head for Psyscape as a way station on the way to trade with Shemarrians on the East Coast. Travelling together, anything with as much firepower as these 2 teams may suggest an especially valuable target."


“I think your idea is great moving closer, get to Psyscape and at least use that as a forward base. The sooner the better.”

“If we go out to plan this, I think we should be aware of security. We don’t know who is out there from the other side. So, this thing about going to Psyscape, would be good. But what we are really doing keep that hidden.”
Last edited by Jack Killian on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Mercedes » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: 1d100 = 14
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 71/80%

John remembers he has a gift, and pulls out the handful of jewelry he bought along with the amulets, sidles over to Mercedes and holds it out. "Here, saw these and thought you might like them."

"Oh, thank you, John.", Mercedes beams, distracted completely by new shinies. She completely tunes out everything else. What brought this on? Of course, I deserve much more...
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Whisper » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 16;JIC d100: 1d100 = 3

Ha, they wanna videotape everything?
"Nerds.", Whisper mumbles.

She looks towards her...leader? Superior? Carl always seemed so distant. Maybe it's all the cybernetics? I guess he's more machine now than man. Twisted and full of explosives.

"So we're...takin' this super vague job then?"
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Minerva » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 64

The cowboy winks at her, and Minerva rolls her eyes. When he exits, she looks to her team and says "The cojones on that one, no?"

After listening to the gathered mercs start to talk about details, she stands up and says "We have what we need. Send specifics to the Haunt and wherever these people live. Now we must celebrate what may be our last days on the planet. We will go to The Ogre's Den. I hear they have fight nights there. Drinks are on me."
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:09 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack Is still wondering about this Guy, “He seems to be a non-team Player. Maybe in it for himself.”

As he tries to come up with ideas, he seems to be cut down left and right. “How are these two groups ever going to get along and work as a team.”

Then Jack hears a familiar phrase that makes him smile.

Minerva
"We have what we need. Send specifics to the Haunt and wherever these people live. Now we must celebrate what may be our last days on the planet. We will go to The Ogre's Den. I hear they have fight nights there. Drinks are on me."


This Angel might be what the groups needed so Jack speaks up, “Ladies and Gentlemen, from where I come from when someone offers to buy the drinks all fighting and posturing stops. It is considered quite rude not to get together, forget all quarrels and follow the Lovely Lady to the bar she has mentioned.”

Jack heads over to the Lady, "Volcano Jack, and thank you for your invite. I am the groups Fire Starter, Burster, thank you for getting us together."

Jack will follow the group to the bar.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pm

ROLLS HELD

John looks at Minerva - "Wait is that guy not part of your team? How did he even get in here? They patted me down twice!"

"The Ogre's Den sounds like a calm, relaxing place."

Ha ha - Jack may be immune to fire, but he's not immune to redheads!
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 9 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary, then Wondrous], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (120', 4.00 Min]], Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 800', 10.00 Min)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 20




Killian wrote:He eventually decides that Lahz the one he should approach. He walks in a bit closer ... “I didn’t mean it to video us. I meant to video the action and what we see. And I was thinking it should be sent via a secured network back to Mr. Blackman. So, he can gather more information. I, like you don’t think anyone should know who we are and what we are doing. I have no skills such as that but I think it would be good to have.”


Lahz looks back at the bearded fellow with his shoulder length red hair and allows his Telemechanic/techno-senses to run over the man his eyes widen noticeably as he takes note of the large and astonishing 2-handed sword that he can feel (OOC: the self-aware Patron sword). His response about the prospect of any kind of video transmission being a distinct security risk is cut short before it ever leaves his mouth, "That ... is an astonishing blade. Absolutely extraordinary."

*Line-Storms! Who would have thought to put an AI into a Sword? ... Is that Nano-tech? ... it feels akin to the way the Muti-tool feels. The one from Naruni. Superb quality though the AI must be seemless, pretty smart too ... I wonder if I could get a copy of it.*

Killian wrote:“I think your idea is great moving closer, get to Psyscape and at least use that as a forward base. The sooner the better.” ... “If we go out to plan this, I think we should be aware of security. We don’t know who is out there from the other side. So, this thing about going to Psyscape, would be good. But what we are really doing keep that hidden.”


"I think Psyscape is actually well beyond our target area if this Seer is correct. Should not need much more than a cursory story, if anything at all."

Minerva wrote:The cowboy winks at her, and Minerva rolls her eyes. When he exits, she looks to her team and says "The cojones on that one, no?" ... After listening to the gathered mercs start to talk about details, she stands up and says "We have what we need. Send specifics to the Haunt and wherever these people live. Now we must celebrate what may be our last days on the planet. We will go to The Ogre's Den. I hear they have fight nights there. Drinks are on me."


*A week's walk this Seer mentions, that's maybe 100 miles? A bit more? ... That's less than 3 hours out of here at a pretty calm speed. Keeps us local and the money isn't horrible. An Astral search can hopefully narrow things down a bit for us ... maybe give us a rough idea where the hell these Necromantic cultists are assembling.*

Given Carl's silence throughout, Lahz turns his eyes to Vheld and offers a raised eyebrow, "Ok with me if it works for you. I can head out to do some initial recon ... but either way, I think we need to pick up some items before we head out."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:52 pm

The seer is as calm as an undisturbed body of water, but Blackman's tone of voice suggests a quickly growing impatience. He slides a small, black scanner across to the edge of his desk. "I've voice recorded our discussion," he then places his right thumb on the scanner and rolls it from side to side, "and I agree to the terms so established."

Blackman then looks up at the seer who glides across the room and follows suit. "I agree to the terms so presented. On behalf of the Grey Seers and our interests, I am held bindable by the words I have spoken today." The seer's broad, calloused thumb rolls side to side on the scanner.

Blackman looks to the two assembled groups. "We require only the heads of your outfits to agree. The rest of you may leave, and I encourage you to do so."
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 29
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 69

As Lahz looks :

"That ... is an astonishing blade. Absolutely extraordinary."


Jack touches the sword handle at his side and speaks, “Yes, it is, and very useful.” “I think you have an admirer, Betty.”

Jack looks at Blackman and The Wild One do the finishing touches on the agreement says, “Thank you sir for the job. I for one shall not let you down. We do appreciate any help that you have for us. I’ll go now.”
Heads to the Ogres Den with the others.

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=195&p=1361661#p1361661
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm

ROLLS HELD

John looks around, and realizes Mr. Blackman wants them to LEAVE.

"We're all meeting at the Ogre's Den, then? Yes? Good to meet you, Mr. Blackman and Mr. Greyman. It's a privilege to be saving the world for you."

John then leaves.

To the Ogre's Den.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests