Mercenary Plaza (19)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Whisper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 20;JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

Lily hears Minerva's offer and chuckles slightly.
Ha! You think you can afford to pay 'fer two entire merc companies? Let alone me?

She nudges Minerva's arm and stutters, "Th-this is gonna be a mistake.", trying to force an awkward smile.
Not one to ever refuse alcohol, she shadows the group, radioing Lulu hopefully.
"Lulu? We're going to the Ogre's Den. Wanna join me?"

Regardless of the answer, it's off to the Ogre's Den!
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Mercedes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 10;JIC d100: 1d100 = 85
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 92/80%

Interrupted from her admiration of the baubles that John provided, Mercedes looks around confused.
"Hmm? What? Where are we going?" she asks, genuinely mystified.

Should I get closer to John? I still have no idea why he bought that jewelry for me.

"You should be my companion tonight, John.", Mercedes suggests with a knee-weakening smile, "You wouldn't want me to go unescorted, yes?". She slides up to him and links arms, shooting daggers with her eyes at Minerva. I hate that woman already.

To the Ogre's Den
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 67

Conditions: Telepathy active

He stares at the Seer, "It is not about fear, it is about other known threats . . ." He stops himself, Why am I arguing? He is a zealot, a believer. What he knows is all that matters and he's arrogant enough to believe that his belief is all that should matter. You dealt with enough of these morons at Tolkeen, Hopefully he is wrong, but we'll find out. He resumes, "Never mind, is there anything else we may need to know? However trivial it may seem?" He awaits a response and then continues, "The Roughnecks are in. We will get started in two days."

He says to Murdoc and Will, "I'll be there in a few. I have one stop to make."

Heading here.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Vheld » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 65
PER: 1d100 = 32 vs. 51%

Calamity John wrote:"More specifically, I have a concept of economic value better than most in this room, and that's not just conceit. I've been running a merchant operation since puberty, while you guys were learning how to kill Dead Boys with your bare teeth or how to use magic, or whatever your specialties are."
Hm... Perhaps he will be useful after all. Especially if he can acquire magical items. If nothing else, a good cover story will probably be useful for this mission.

William Summers wrote:"William Summers, Sojourner of Dweomer from the school of Battle. I recognize a brother of magic when I see one. I look forward to working together."
Vheld cocks an eyebrow at the greeting, being a bit more polite than he's used to with the Spook Squad. Then he shrugs and shakes the proffered hand. Like it or not, I suppose we will be working together. Aloud he says, "I am Vheld. I am... a traveler."

Lahz wrote:"You guys go ahead and take Junior here along then. We don't really need cover as merchant guards, and moving at the rate of a merchant caravan seems like foolishness. If we need a cover, we can just head for Psyscape as a way station on the way to trade with Shemarrians on the East Coast. Travelling together, anything with as much firepower as these 2 teams may suggest an especially valuable target."
Vheld nods sagely. "Perhaps dividing our forces in two would be prudent. I don't see my minions and I blending in too well with a merchant caravan, either. Of course, we might not be very welcome outside the less savory areas of the Magic Zone either way."

John Altfeld wrote:"Although, if you know how to protect yourself from spiritual larceny, I'd be interested to hear how, Mr. I Know About Soul-Stealing."
Vheld shrugs. "I'll see what I can dig up."

Vheld will eye Minerva silently as she takes a time-honored approach to getting in with the Roughnecks' good graces. I suppose that's it then. New friends. They better be able to pull their weight.

Lahz wrote:"Ok with me if it works for you. I can head out to do some initial recon ... but either way, I think we need to pick up some items before we head out."
Since Carl remains silent (but presumably conveys gentle agreement), Vheld nods and says "I suppose the stakes are too great to refuse. The terms for payment are close enough to be acceptable." Turning to Blackman and the Seers, Vheld says (with a sour expression) "On behalf of the Spook Squad I agree to the terms you present."

To the rest of his team, Vheld says "I will consult my sources in the guild to see if I can learn any more about this Nxla or his soul-stealing, then meet you there." They better not expect me to consume alcohol with them. Seeing the others' reactions, he mutters an addition to Minerva and Lahz "...Maybe keep an eye on Whisper." This should be good.

Once the meeting concludes, Vheld promptly exits, meets Sil at the entrance, and heads to the mages' guild.

((--> Mages' Guild))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Minerva » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 53

Whisper wrote:She nudges Minerva's arm and stutters, "Th-this is gonna be a mistake.", trying to force an awkward smile.

"It can't be a mistake if its on purpose, right?." Minerva pats the younger, taller woman on the shoulder as she looks to the rest of the team to leave.
Augur wrote:Blackman looks to the two assembled groups. "We require only the heads of your outfits to agree. The rest of you may leave, and I encourage you to do so."

Finally. Minerva heads for the door.
John Altfeld wrote:"We're all meeting at the Ogre's Den, then? Yes? Good to meet you, Mr. Blackman and Mr. Greyman. It's a privilege to be saving the world for you."

Qué empollón.
Vheld wrote:Seeing the others' reactions, he mutters an addition to Minerva and Lahz "...Maybe keep an eye on Whisper."

Minerva nods to Vheld as she exits the room.
Ogre's Den

Translations
Qué empollón=What a nerd.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby William Summers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 19

Vheld wrote:
William Summers wrote:"William Summers, Sojourner of Dweomer from the school of Battle. I recognize a brother of magic when I see one. I look forward to working together."
Vheld cocks an eyebrow at the greeting, being a bit more polite than he's used to with the Spook Squad. Then he shrugs and shakes the proffered hand. Like it or not, I suppose we will be working together. Aloud he says, "I am Vheld. I am... a traveler."

"Nice to meet you, Vheld! Looks like we're gonna be getting drinks at this Ogre's Den or something. I'll catch up with you there."

Wakiza wrote:He says to Murdoc and Will, "I'll be there in a few. I have one stop to make."

"Cool beans, boss. We'll hold you a table."

Will heads out a little after the rest of the crew so he can retrieve his Wingboard. Then he flies over to the Ogre's Den.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Mercenary Plaza (19)

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 69 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 34

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary, then Wondrous], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (120', 4.00 Min]], Telekinesis: Super (200lbs, 800', 10.00 Min)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 79




Lahz nods at Vheld and rises from his seat to head out, mentally accessing his Droid Command Gauntlet to summon Tony to return with his (Roadrunner) Armor and heads for the Elevator along with the crowd. The Psi-Tech determines the apparent destination of the others [Ogre's Den] but heads instead for the [[ The Haunt ]] advising Minerva, "I will join you shortly."

*I will collect Ray, maybe bring one of the cars out since walking around the Warrens tends to be a pain. Tony and I wouldn't have much trouble, but better not to have to walk ... probably the Squad Car in case Whisper loses self control.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest