Warhawk Magazine Co. (38)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Warhawk Magazine Co. (38)

Postby Augur » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:26 am

At a glance, few would suspect this simple, slightly ramshackle two story house serves as the headquarters for the most popular independent periodical in North America. Editor-in-chief Fritz Habicht can often be seen through the windows yelling at some budding journalist about things were done right in his days back in the NGR or in front schmoozing with one of the Warhawk's many corporate sponsors. The ever-present cigarette can be seen hanging from one lip irregardless of the situation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Warhawk Magazine Co. (38)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 07, 2019 3:46 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 87
Init: 1d20 = 17
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 72
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 47
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 38

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A

Seymour drives slowly thru town as he looks for the Warhawk magazine Co. ”This place is amazing. Nothing like what the guys said. I like it.” He takes a lot of unnecceassary turns as he makes sure he isnt being followed. Seeing the building coming up, Seymour pulls over and parks. He checks his harness and derringer as he ponders. ”Okay. I am in Merctown… Now what? If i am serious about being a journalist, i need to move.’ With a grunt, Seymour jumps down out the truck. Moving around to the back, he climbs up and gathers up his camera bag. ”alright. I think i am good to go. Lets do this." He picks up his favorite analong camera and jumps out and walks to the Warhawk Offices door.
Seymour Ruiz
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17490#p1361731
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: None
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
Seymour Ruiz

Postby CPR Krueger » Wed May 08, 2019 11:20 am

Seymour Ruiz wrote:Seymour drives slowly thru town as he looks for the Warhawk magazine Co. ”This place is amazing. Nothing like what the guys said. I like it.” He takes a lot of unnecceassary turns as he makes sure he isnt being followed. Seeing the building coming up, Seymour pulls over and parks. He checks his harness and derringer as he ponders. ”Okay. I am in Merctown… Now what? If i am serious about being a journalist, i need to move.’ With a grunt, Seymour jumps down out the truck. Moving around to the back, he climbs up and gathers up his camera bag. ”alright. I think i am good to go. Lets do this." He picks up his favorite analong camera and jumps out and walks to the Warhawk Offices door.

As Seymour drives through the Hub, he notices a few people looking at him. Not in an "angry" or "predatorial" sort of way, but more in a sort of curious way... after all, it's not every day that the residents of MercTown see a Mutant Rat driving a Cargonaut around.

When he pulls up to the Warhawk HQ, Seymour sees a few human faces inside the building turn to look at his big cargo truck. When he gets out and comes to the door, it opens just before he reaches it, and an attractive human female who looks to be of Asian descent and in her late 20's says, "Hi! We're SO glad you're here. That damned copy machine is driving us nuts!" with a big beaming smile. She looks to be dressed in a "business casual" sort of outfit and is about 5 and a half feet tall, with dark hair pulled back in a ponytail.

When she looks Seymour up and down, she notices his camera bag and the smile melts as she looks puzzled. "Wait a sec... you mean you're not here to fix the copier?" she says in a disappointed tone.

woman at the door
]Image
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 92
Init: 1d20 = 18
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 47
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 48
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 30

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 22 - move safely thru town

Seymour does his best to handle his rig as he drives thru the busy streets. ’”This is crazy. Wht?? Is that Power armor? And a hover car? This is amazing.” There is a look of almost ectasy on his face. He gives a wave or head nod at all he makes eye contact with, all done with an endless “Good day. Good day.”

When he pulls up to the Warhawk HQ, Seymour sees a few human faces inside the building turn to look at his big cargo truck. When he gets out and comes to the door, it opens just before he reaches it, and an attractive human female who looks to be of Asian descent and in her late 20's says, "Hi! We're SO glad you're here. That damned copy machine is driving us nuts!" with a big beaming smile. She looks to be dressed in a "business casual" sort of outfit and is about 5 and a half feet tall, with dark hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Seymour takes a step back when the door opens. Before he can speak, the girl fires off her question. Putting his free hand up in “Whoa” motion, Seymour takes a breath. ’Hi. No, I am not the copier guy.”

When she looks Seymour up and down, she notices his camera bag and the smile melts as she looks puzzled. "Wait a sec... you mean you're not here to fix the copier?" she says in a disappointed tone.

” As I said, nope not him. I am Seymour Ruiz, out of Laredo. I am seeking employment as a cameraman.” He sets down his camera, and fishes around in his bag. Pulling out his C.V. he passes it over.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
Seymour Ruiz

Postby CPR Krueger » Wed May 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Seymour Ruiz wrote:Seymour takes a step back when the door opens. Before he can speak, the girl fires off her question. Putting his free hand up in “Whoa” motion, Seymour takes a breath. ’Hi. No, I am not the copier guy.”

” As I said, nope not him. I am Seymour Ruiz, out of Laredo. I am seeking employment as a cameraman.” He sets down his camera, and fishes around in his bag. Pulling out his C.V. he passes it over.

The woman lets out an audible sigh. "FRIIIIIIITZ!" she yells across the room. A split second later, a man's voice shouts back. "Make it quick, Grace!" comes the reply from another room inside the facility. "There's a guy... umm" - she briefly turns back to Seymour and looks him up and down again - "uhh... someone here to see you. He's got a camera and is looking for work!" Grace shouts back, obviously irritated that Seymour isn't here to save the day from the evil copy machine.

A few awkward seconds pass with which Grace looks at her fingernails. "Gotta get these done again soon..." she absentmindedly says to herself. Then, the voice shouts back, "Send him up, we need some new glass!"

Shaking her head a little bit, Grace steps back and gestures for Seymour to come in. She points to a staircase across the room and says, "Fritz is upstairs; you'll want to save your CV for him. Hope you aren't allergic to smoke!" With a smirk, she turns and heads toward a desk nearby.

It's a fairly standard office environment, but without any dividers: a chaotic jumble of desks , several with papers strewn across them. It's a wonder anything can get done in this environment, much less "North America's most popular" magazine. As Seymour makes his way across the room, he can feel some glances on him.

"GOD DAMMIT!" shouts a man's voice from the corner of the room, and Seymour hears a sound not unlike a loud banging of a fist on something. "When's the copy guy coming? This piece of shit... " says a skinny guy as he alternates between furiously pressing multiple buttons and slamming his fist into an embattled copy machine in a futile attempt to make the Damned Thing work.

The man turns and sees Seymour, and briefly locks eyes with him. Seymour can see the guy's eyes momentarily light up with hope, and then out of the corner of his eye, he sees Grace shaking her head and the guy's gaze sours again as his shoulders slump and he walks back over to his desk in defeat.

The Office

"Well? Come on up, we've got a magazine to print!" comes an impatient voice from upstairs as Seymour approaches the staircase. His sensitive nose starts burning from the offensive smell of tobacco smoke as he notices a cloud of smoke up the stairs and an open door at the top.
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu May 09, 2019 4:09 am

JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 35
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 75
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 93
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 78

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 10 - choice of which pics to show
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 87 - quality of resume
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 71 - quality of resume

Seymour picks up his stuff and with a shrug to settle the bag, Seymour slips past the girl. ” Grace? Pleased to meetcha. I am sorry i am not who you are looking for. I will keep an eye and ear for someone who can fix it thu.” He tips his hat and heads towards the yelling voice.

” Wow, she was intense. I hope all girls here aren't that ….. flighty.” As he heads for the stairs, he pauses a second. ” wait. What? smoke?” ’Must be an inside joke. Places like this usually are a close group. I will have to be polite while digging info around here. If I can get work as a journalist, it will be easier to move around and ask questions. People want to know things.” He puts on a cheery smile and posture as he strolls thru the office. ” Just pretend this isn't my first day.” Giving little nods of greeting as he goes, Seymour heads for Fritz’s office.

It's a fairly standard office environment, but without any dividers: a chaotic jumble of desks, several with papers strewn across them. It's a wonder anything can get done in this environment, much less "North America's most popular" magazine. As Seymour makes his way across the room, he can feel some glances on him.

Seymour looks around. ” Hmmm. Not what I expected. I thought there would be more pomp and flair. I mean considering the magazine’s rep. This reminds me of a small-time, small-town publication. Either the personnel are that good or the boss runs a tight ship. Either way, this could be good. A job or at least contacts.” Seymour stops at the first desk. Trying his best to be charming, ” Excuse me, hoss? Fritz?’ as he points at the skinny guy by the copier. He watches the battle with a small smile as he awaits an answer.

"GOD DAMMIT!" shouts a man's voice from the corner of the room, and Seymour hears a sound, not unlike a loud banging of a fist on something. "When's the copy guy coming? This piece of shit... " says a skinny guy as he alternates between furiously pressing multiple buttons and slamming his fist into an embattled copy machine in a futile attempt to make the Damned Thing work.

There is a small cough beside Seymour. He looks to see the guy at the desk nodding and motion to “go on”. Seymour hefts his gear and heads over, throwing a ” Thanks hoss” over his shoulder as he goes. He continues weaving thru the desks on way to the boss’ office. Every now and again, Seymour has to lift his bag or camera over a desk or pile of papers. Each time is accompanied by ” Apenado! sorry!”. Once at the bottom of the stairs, Seymour places his bag down and knocks on the wall. ” Excuse me? Fritz? I am Seymour Ruiz. I was schooled on how to be a war correspondent. I am inquiring about employment? By photo, contract or full, even, part-time. I am new in from Laredo. As in this morning. hehe.” He ends the speech with a little hand wave under his nose. As he sees the looks exchanged, he shrugs in apology. With his free hand, he roots thru his bag and pulls out a photo album than a couple of disks. He stands there quietly.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments

Seymour Ruiz

Postby CPR Krueger » Mon May 13, 2019 5:43 am

Seymour Ruiz wrote:Seymour picks up his stuff and with a shrug to settle the bag, Seymour slips past the girl. ” Grace? Pleased to meetcha. I am sorry i am not who you are looking for. I will keep an eye and ear for someone who can fix it thu.” He tips his hat and heads towards the yelling voice.

Grace looks at Seymour in a disinterested way - it's almost as if Seymour can see her dreaming about getting her nails done behind her eyes, pretty though they may be.

Seymour Ruiz wrote:Once at the bottom of the stairs, Seymour places his bag down and knocks on the wall. ” Excuse me? Fritz? I am Seymour Ruiz. I was schooled on how to be a war correspondent. I am inquiring about employment? By photo, contract or full, even, part-time. I am new in from Laredo. As in this morning. hehe.” He ends the speech with a little hand wave under his nose. As he sees the looks exchanged, he shrugs in apology. With his free hand, he roots thru his bag and pulls out a photo album than a couple of disks. He stands there quietly.

"Eh? You want a job, but you can't follow simple directions?" comes the voice from upstairs. "I said to come on up!" barks the voice just a split second later.

Assuming Seymour comes up the stairs into the fog of smoke, this is what he sees:

Fritz

"Listen, Mighty Mouse, I got a business to run here. So whatever you think you can do for me, it better be pretty damned impressive. My last glass man, he did a crap job. Crap, crap, and more crap. Crap with a side helping of crap and some craptastic sauce on top."

Fritz sits down and scowls as he points at a framed photo on the wall. Seymour's trained eye catches a fine photograph of a crushing blow landed during what appears to be a gladiatorial match of some kind in an arena. By any measure, it's a great picture - and definitely not "crap".

"Just look at it. Junk. But no one else had a pic of that moment, so it had to do. Lucky for us, it was a big fight and we had the scoop...." the mains voice trails off for a moment... and then...

BAM

His fist his the desk, startling Seymour and making the ashtray, paperclips, papers, folders, Rolaids and aspirin bottles, and everything else on his desk rattle as he says, "I WANT QUALITY, GOT IT?!?" he yells.

OOC Comments
I'm presuming you put together a portfolio of Seymour's photographic work to go along with the paper CV

Then, he sees Seymour's portfolio and his hand beckons for it.

"So, whatcha got there, Mighty Mouse?" he says as he snatches it from Seymour's hand and gives it a look. Seymour notices Fritz's piercing blue eyes looking right at his core as he looks up from the CV/portfolio.

Fritz
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 14, 2019 4:28 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 48
Init: 1d20 = 15
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 37
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 75
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 51

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 63 - choice of new set of pics to show
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 76 - quality of new set of pics
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 46 - quality of new set of pics

Seymoour enters the office and stands before the desk. ”Wow!! This guy is the real thing. No funny business tough ass type. This isgonna be rough, but i think i can pull off a gig here.” he continues to let Fritz go off.

"Listen, Mighty Mouse, I got a business to run here. So whatever you think you can do for me, it better be pretty damned impressive. My last glass man, he did a crap job. Crap, crap, and more crap. Crap with a side helping of crap and some craptastic sauce on top."

”Got it Sir. No crap and definitly no crap sauce.’ seymour pats his pockets with one hand ”Where is my pouch of twigs?” Not finding it, he takes a pencil out of his pocket and starts chewing on it. He keeps looking at Fritz.

Fritz sits down and scowls as he points at a framed photo on the wall. Seymour's trained eye catches a fine photograph of a crushing blow landed during what appears to be a gladiatorial match of some kind in an arena. By any measure, it's a great picture - and definitely not "crap".

Seymour’s eyes follow th finger to the photo. ’wow!! Nice angle. Clear picture. Great detail. This guy was good.” he returns his gaze to Fritz. ”That is one hell of a bar to set, sir.” He listens as Fritz continues.

"Just look at it. Junk. But no one else had a pic of that moment, so it had to do. Lucky for us, it was a big fight and we had the scoop...." the mains voice trails off for a moment... and then...
BAM

His fist his the desk, startling Seymour and making the ashtray, paperclips, papers, folders, Rolaids and aspirin bottles, and everything else on his desk rattle as he says, "I WANT QUALITY, GOT IT?!?" he yells.

Seymour jumps at the sound. With practiced ease, he drops his bag and assumes aikido stance, standing as if to defend Frtiz. Once the shock has passed, Seymour looks a little ashamed. ”Sorry, reflex from bad youth.

Then, he sees Seymour's portfolio and his hand beckons for it.

"So, whatcha got there, Mighty Mouse?" he says as he snatches it from Seymour's hand and gives it a look. Seymour notices Fritz's piercing blue eyes looking right at his core as he looks up from the CV/portfolio.

Seymour doesnt react fast enought to stop Fritz. He stands ther hand outstretched wishing he was invisible. As Fritz looks up, Seympur gulps. ”i am new sir. Sti;l learning. I was taught by the best newsman i know of. His name is on my CV. I would just like an oppurtunity to learn and improve.” He reaches into his bag again and hands over another folder. ’I have a few more, if you like.”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments

Seymour Ruiz

Postby CPR Krueger » Tue May 14, 2019 10:34 am

Seymour Ruiz wrote: Seymour jumps at the sound. With practiced ease, he drops his bag and assumes aikido stance, standing as if to defend Frtiz. Once the shock has passed, Seymour looks a little ashamed. ”Sorry, reflex from bad youth.

Fritz scowls and scowls some more. Seymour begins to wonder if this guy even knows how to smile.

Seymour doesnt react fast enought to stop Fritz. He stands ther hand outstretched wishing he was invisible. As Fritz looks up, Seympur gulps. ”i am new sir. Sti;l learning. I was taught by the best newsman i know of. His name is on my CV. I would just like an oppurtunity to learn and improve.” He reaches into his bag again and hands over another folder. ’I have a few more, if you like.”

"Hope they're better than this crap..." says Fritz as he devalues Seymour's work.

He looks at the second folder, thumbing through... "Crap, junk, terrible..." he says as he flips though the photographs.

Seymour happens to notice, however, that Fritz turns some of the photos sideways as if to get a look at some of the angles - something he probably wouldn't do if he really thought Seymour's work was as bad as Fritz is making it out to be.

Fritz finishes the folder, closes it, and tosses it on his desk. "An opportunity, hmm?" he says, chewing on his cigar thoughtfully as he leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the desk.

After a moment, he sits up and looks directly at Seymour.

"Tell ya what, Mighty Mouse... I need a glass man, and seeing as how you're the only one with the cajones to come in my office and ask for it, I'll give you the opportunity you want with Warhawk," he says with a poker face.

"BUT!" he says just a second later, right when Seymour's eyes are lighting up with hope...

"No jobs! Freelance! Best thing in the world for a kid your age. You bring me some magazine-selling pictures, maybe - maybe I'll take 'em off your hands. But I never said you have a job."

Assuming Seymour replies in the affirmative, Fritz continues:

"Now, it just so happens that we have word of some...eh... 'questionable' activities going on over at the Klingmar Spa & Resort. Check it out, and get me some juicy stuff. It's the best I can do for an upstart glass man, Mighty Mouse - now get out of here and don't come back until you have some QUALITY pics, or your little 'opportunity' won't last any longer than what's left of my cigar here, you get me?" he says.

Cigar
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 50
Init: 1d20 = 17
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 81
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 75
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 35

"Hope they're better than this crap..." says Fritz as he devalues Seymour's work.

He looks at the second folder, thumbing through... "Crap, junk, terrible..." he says as he flips through the photographs.

Seymour happens to notice, however, that Fritz turns some of the photos sideways as if to get a look at some of the angles - something he probably wouldn't do if he really thought Seymour's work was as bad as Fritz is making it out to be.

Seymour stands there. ”WTF?? Crap?? Junk?? I know I am new at this, but really? This guy may be good at his job, but he is an asshole.” He does his best to maintain his composure.’Like Terry used to say…. If you don't lose, you won't know how it feels to win.” He sets his shoulders and does some aikido trained breathing to calm his nerves. His eyes dart around looking for something to chew on. As he looks, Seymour notices Fritz close the folder.

” Fritz finishes the folder, closes it, and tosses it on his desk. "An opportunity, hmm?" he says, chewing on his cigar thoughtfully as he leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the desk.

After a moment, he sits up and looks directly at Seymour.

Seymour stops fidgeting and just looks at him, trying to stay calm.
"Tell ya what, Mighty Mouse... I need a glass man, and seeing as how you're the only one with the cajones to come in my office and ask for it, I'll give you the opportunity you want with Warhawk," he says with a poker face.

"BUT!" he says just a second later, right when Seymour's eyes are lighting up with hope...

"No jobs! Freelance! Best thing in the world for a kid your age. You bring me some magazine-selling pictures, maybe - maybe I'll take 'em off your hands. But I never said you have a job."

Seymour nods. " Stay quiet, Seymour. Just let him talk.”

"Now, it just so happens that we have word of some...eh... 'questionable' activities going on over at the Klingmar Spa & Resort. Check it out, and get me some juicy stuff. It's the best I can do for an upstart glass man, Mighty Mouse - now get out of here and don't come back until you have some QUALITY pics, or your little 'opportunity' won't last any longer than what's left of my cigar here, you get me?" he says.

Seymour does a playful salute. ” Si, on it boss.” He gathers his things and heads out to his rig. Once there, he climbs up into the back. He moves about, creating a workstation. A very basic workstation. ” I may need to be sneaky here. I will use what Terry taught. First, I need to get in. That is my main goal right now. I need to see the place before I make any plans.” He grabs his camera, backpack, and bag of surveillance gear and moves to the front. He climbs up, drops his stuff on the passenger seat and drives towards Klimgmar spa and Resort.

Moving to http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=15135&p=1363758#p1363758
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments

Seymour Ruiz

Return to The Hub