The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Rolls as above

Wakiza nods, "Sound good. We still haven't committed to the job ourselves. Need to see the objectives, any intel and the pay structure before anyone commits." Wak walks over to Mercenary Plaza, with a train of Spooks.

Heading HERE
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15, Original post: 1d100 = 94
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 81 vs. 51%

Lore: Demons and Monsters- Original post: 1d100 = 20 vs. 99%
Lore: Magic- Original post: 1d100 = 2 vs. 94%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- Original post: 1d100 = 33 vs. 94%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics- Original post: 1d100 = 94 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- Original post: 1d100 = 55 vs. 64%
Mythology- Original post: 1d100 = 79 vs. 89%
All for trying to ascertain the source of the attack, assuming that's what it is.


Vheld will return to the common area and wait for his minions' report, watching the others silently. When Lahz comes down, he says "You and Minerva take a load off and recover. If that was a directed attack, there might be another one inbound." When Wakiza arrives, Vheld will follow Carl out and watch the knight from under the hood of his cowl. On the one hand, cyber-knights aren't going to be too fond of Vheld and his menagerie, but on the other Vheld met a few in Tolkeen that could put all that aside for the greater good. Hopefully this one falls in the latter camp. Vheld will follow both Wak and Carl back inside and listen to the subsequent discussion.

Carl wrote: "I do not have a problem with accompanying him to whomever this person offering the contract is so we can hear the full story. What do the rest of you think?"
"If the Grey Seers are truly involved, then we are dealing with a threat on a planetary scale at the very least. We should get involved- if we don't, likely we will be involved against our will down the road, after the threat has had time to grow stronger."

Barring any disagreement from the others, Vheld will follow Wak.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 224/230 (Slithn). SDC: 148/164 (Vheld).
Talismans: -1 charge to invincible armor talismans for Vheld, Brokswa, Bel'Dar.
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Vheld wrote:"If the Grey Seers are truly involved, then we are dealing with a threat on a planetary scale at the very least. We should get involved- if we don't, likely we will be involved against our will down the road, after the threat has had time to grow stronger."
*A threat on a planetary scale? Exactly what I did not what to hear.* Carl follows Wak to the Mercenary Plaza.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 15

"Aw, fuck it.", mumbles Whisper. "Lemmie get m'guns.", she says, hurrying to get her four particle beam pistols and two TX-6s. Explaining to Lulu what's going on, she shrugs into her body armor, straps handguns everywhere and rushes back to join Carl. Hmm...can't really carry more than this..., she thinks wistfully.


<<Off to the Plaza>>
Last edited by Whisper on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 63

Vheld wrote:"You and Minerva take a load off and recover. If that was a directed attack, there might be another one inbound."

"I'm fine. Thank you." ¿Cómo pasó eso mis defensas mentales? Debo estar debilitándome. Entrenaré más duro cada día hasta que sea impenetrable.

At the break to gear up, Martina Graciela Minerva Valdez gets fully suited up in her Stalker Suit, Crystal Armor, Cloak, and weaponry to head out to the Mercenary Plaza.

Translation
¿Cómo pasó eso mis defensas mentales? Debo estar debilitándome. Entrenaré más duro cada día hasta que sea impenetrable.=How did that get past my mental defenses? I must be getting weak. I will train harder every day until I am impenetrable.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 58 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 98

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 120', 8.00 Min]], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 81

With the determination that there is a larger task at hand, and feeling recovered, Lahz straps on his heavy pistol and Drone Command Gauntlet and heads to [[ The Plaza ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 64 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful]

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 25




Lahz returns to the Haunt clad in his Roadrunner Power Armor and heads for the lounge, "Ray! Where the hell are ya? ... Alfred, take a voice message for Aurelia ... Honey. Quick mission into the Magic Zone, some cult is trying to summon something called Nxyla. Might be swinging by Psyscape. Planning to take Ray and Tony. Kit and Rex will remain on personal guard detail. Not sure if we're leaving tomorrow or if we have a couple days."

He straps on some additional gear [Long Knife, 3 spare E clips], and tosses the keys to the Road King Armored SUV towards Ray [Pilot Hover Craft 96%], "We're going to the Ogre's Den in the Warrens. Well, you're watching the car and shooting people that try to take it. Maybe I should get you a 2nd gun. Nah, you go ahead and handle things with the Hammer if you need to. Me and Tony will be inside so radio if you believe assistance is necessary."

Whisper wrote:"Hey, um, Lahz. Can you please do me a favor? Can you get me another shotgun for my PA? And some drum mags? And a bunch o' ammo? I'll be needin' another pistol fer my PA...And I'll pay ya back. With interest?"


Lahz looks over at Ray with a shrug, "Sure, no problem", "Upon further reflection, we will need to make a couple stops then you can drop me at the Ogre's Den, then head for Wellingtons in the Amrs Bazaar and pick up 2 WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher [Merc-Ops Pg 100], nah, better make it 4 of them, in case we need spare parts. I will make Whisper her 2nd 'Matching PA Pistol, but given the number of shots you can get off of one of those, maybe Tony and I should also have those rigged up as sidearms. Silver shotgun shells may be a good fallback ..."

The Psi-Tech retrieves one of his credit-sticks from his room [Unsecured Universal Card: 9,280,900 credits (Ace of Spades 10-30-18)],

Lahz hops into the heavily armored SUV with Ray as a chauffeur, and Tony following on foot (since he can do over 100 MPH and this is likely ~20-30 MPH through MercTown).

[[ MercTown State Bank ]]



WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher [Merc-Ops Pg 100, Cost: 30,000, "Drum of Shotgun Rounds costs 32 Credits", however those will be standard (not Silver)].
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 27

By the time the team hits the Haunt, Lily is staggering around and barely standing, still clutching her bottle of peach schnapps.
"Lemmie in. Sally? Where ya? Where? Is...effin' r'bot..."
The best night so far. Should'a got that waitress' name...

Her robotic doppleganger promptly and professionally assists with getting Lily off to bed, but not before Lily is able to leave several increasingly annoyed messages for Lulu.
Bitch didn't even say hi.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1, Original post: 1d100 = 90
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 65 vs. 51%


As is typical for Vheld, the shifter returns to the Haunt and immediately retreats to his quarters to bury his nose in a grimoire. While Vheld's obsession drives him to chide himself for the wasted time with the others, his heart isn't truly in it. They seem like reasonable enough people, and capable. Perhaps they will prove useful on our upcoming mission. Vheld will remain in his studies until the time comes to get a little sleep, which he does, before rising before dawn. He will resume his studies before, atypically, going downstairs and sitting in the common area until the others stir.

Carl's silence during the briefing, and absence since then, have not gone unnoticed by the shifter. He is concerned that the team's leader has left them again, but waits to be sure. Once the others are up, he will mentally send Sil around to sniff at Carl's room. If Carl emerges and resumes command, Vheld will squelch his doubts with a flash of relief. If, however, Carl proves absent or absentee as a leader, Vheld realizes that he will have to do something about it.

Should that prove to be the case, he will find Lahz and corner him. Abruptly, Vheld will say "Lahz. I would speak with you." Waiting until the others are busy with whatever mundane preparations they require before their mission, Vheld continues. "It appears that Carl has left us- that is his own business, but in his absence the leadership of this company is mine. To be frank, my goals extend beyond the Spook Squad, and I have no desire to command it. However, it has proven most... useful to me and I would not see it fall apart under an unsuitable leader. You are the next most senior member to myself in this company, and you bear the recommendation of our former commander Sir Thorn. Thus, effective immediately I am handing over command of the Spook Squad to you. You may retain me as your second or in whatever advisory capacity you see fit; I care little. But I think we can both agree that I am... less than ideal for being the face of this company. Inform the others however you will; I wish to finalize my own preparations for our mission."

Should Vheld have any substantial down-time prior to starting their mission, he will spend it in his studies.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 224/230 (Slithn). SDC: 148/164 (Vheld).
Talismans: -1 charge to invincible armor talismans for Vheld, Brokswa, Bel'Dar.
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 12

Minerva returns from the bar, having had a lovely time with Jack from the Roughnecks but having a weird feeling about Mercedes. Definitivamente ella parecía como si me hubiera tirado por un acantilado. Ojos abiertos para eso. Upon reaching her room, she waters her plants and relaxes until sleep.

Day of the mission, she heads to the haunt's gymnasium to get some exercise before being cooped up in a vehicle.


Translation
Definitivamente ella parecía como si me hubiera tirado por un acantilado. Ojos abiertos para eso.=She definitely seemed like she'd throw me over a cliff if she could. Eyes open for that one.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 93 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Roadrunner PA (No Helmet)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 36



Vheld wrote:Should that prove to be the case, he will find Lahz and corner him. Abruptly, Vheld will say "Lahz. I would speak with you." Waiting until the others are busy with whatever mundane preparations they require before their mission, Vheld continues. "It appears that Carl has left us- that is his own business, but in his absence the leadership of this company is mine. To be frank, my goals extend beyond the Spook Squad, and I have no desire to command it. However, it has proven most... useful to me and I would not see it fall apart under an unsuitable leader. You are the next most senior member to myself in this company, and you bear the recommendation of our former commander Sir Thorn. Thus, effective immediately I am handing over command of the Spook Squad to you. You may retain me as your second or in whatever advisory capacity you see fit; I care little. But I think we can both agree that I am... less than ideal for being the face of this company. Inform the others however you will; I wish to finalize my own preparations for our mission."


Lahz looks up from some sketch designs for some large shotguns for conversion into cannon-like pistols as Vheld enters the common room and listens to the taciturn spell-slinger until he's said his piece, "Alright. I can handle direction in the field. Consider yourself #2, but you are well aware that you have plenty of mystic knowledge that's outside my knowledge base ... That said, now that we are back here in the Haunt, I figure I will give you a heads-up. I grew up in Psyscape. My father Finn is a decorated Psi-Warrior who fought for decades to keep the City safe before the City withdrew to the Astral Plane. He and my older brother Nowak are members of Psycape's defense force. I left there oh ... maybe 50 years ago or so. I went back after Tolkeen but only lasted a couple days ... I couldn't mask very well and my inclination to judge and execute was considered extreme ... I guess I have mellowed a bit. But anyways, if we end up going as far as Psyscape we may even find help there. I just saw no point in telling tales for our temporary comrades."

The Elf listens to any response given by Vheld, then bids him good night so the Shifter can complete his preparations and Lahz can try and get the damn handles done on 3 weapons and still spend a few hours with his wife and daughter before shipping out. We will have Ray re-pack the pre-loaded shotgun 'magazines' with the 500 silver-loaded buckshot shells [60 per clip, so 8 Clips, with 20 rounds left over].

Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 77 Whisper's Gun
Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 7 Lahz's Gun (for Marauder)
Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 23 Tony's Gun

This should result in 3 Large auto-shotgun-type 'sidearms' for folks ~10-12 ft tall (Whisper already has 1), and 2 clips of silver bullets for each gun.

Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 97 Not Needed because he only had to convert 3 guns. He got 4 out of an abundance of caution but was successful so he is Ok.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am

Lahz wrote:"Alright. I can handle direction in the field. Consider yourself #2, but you are well aware that you have plenty of mystic knowledge that's outside my knowledge base ... That said, now that we are back here in the Haunt, I figure I will give you a heads-up. I grew up in Psyscape. My father Finn is a decorated Psi-Warrior who fought for decades to keep the City safe before the City withdrew to the Astral Plane. He and my older brother Nowak are members of Psycape's defense force. I left there oh ... maybe 50 years ago or so. I went back after Tolkeen but only lasted a couple days ... I couldn't mask very well and my inclination to judge and execute was considered extreme ... I guess I have mellowed a bit. But anyways, if we end up going as far as Psyscape we may even find help there. I just saw no point in telling tales for our temporary comrades."
"Affirmative. I believe that we will work well together in these new capacities."

Vheld strokes his chin at Lahz's revelation. "Intriguing. If we have an 'in' with the community, they might be more willing to help us. Or at least, provide more useful information than we've been able to glean on this Nxla here in town. I shall follow your lead with regards to how much we divulge to the other members of this expedition, including fellow members of the Spook Squad. But we may need you to speak for us if it comes to that."

With that, Vheld will retire- rising early as usual to putter around his study before joining the rest of the team on their trip out of town.

((--> Adventure thread))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 224/230 (Slithn). SDC: 148/164 (Vheld).
Talismans: -1 charge to invincible armor talismans for Vheld, Brokswa, Bel'Dar.
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu May 16, 2019 2:18 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 76
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 56
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 78
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 87 - find good parking spot
Research -- 62% / 1d100 = 46 - watch the area
Streetwise -- 42% / 1d100 = 17 - watch for criminal types (locate not interact)
Surveillance -- 44% / 1d100 = 28 - Find good angle for hidden truck cam
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 48 - use hidden truck cam
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 47 - use still camera
Computer Operation 60% / 1d100 = 98 - sync tie mic and hoidden truck camera to tablet
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 27 - fiqure out which of the “help” to talk to


Seymour Parks the rig in an alley near the spa. ” This should do it. Clear angle, good line of sight.” with a grin and a quick rubbing of his hands, Seymour digs thru his bag for his camera gear. ” Hmmm.. Let's try tourist. That usually works to get me into places like this.” He removes his press hat and runs his hand thru his hair. He closes his eyes and takes a breath to calm himself. Then with a determined look in his eye, Seymour starts to dress for his role.

He grabs his casual clothes, then he places his still camera around his neck and the film in a pocket. Smiling, he adds a tie clasp microphone to his coat lapel. ’this I will sync to my tablet.” he lays out his harness and checks the pockets. ’ I may have to repack this if I am to be a tourist.” He then takes the time to make sure his “bug” collection is secure. Then when happy with his look, he exits the rig and heads back to the cab. Jumping up, he attaches a wall mount camera behind him so it can see out the windshield. ”Now to sync that camera and my tie mic to my tablet.” Once that is done, Seymour jumps down, locks truck and starts to walk towards the spa. As he meanders down the road, he watches for criminal types, and any law enforcement types. Occasionally taking pictures. Of structurs, people (with permission), and exotic critters.

As he passes the Spook HQ, he rembers something. Seymour stops and sees the plaque. ”That’s right!” He reaches into his harness and ulls out his notebook. Scanning the pages, he stops and looks up. ”Spook Squad HQ. Yup, this is it. Now to meet a great mutant.” with a littlefull body shake to get out his nervousness, He approaches the door. ”Fritz said return with pics, not return right away. I got time.’ He knocks and waits, taking a few pics of his surroundings as he does so.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm

((ROLLS HELD))

Post -
Seymour looks at the gate in front of him. ”This is too quiet. Something is up.” he steps back from the gate and examines the area. Looking around he realizes the chances of anyone being inside is slim to none. With a shrug, he wanders down the street, looking at shop woindows and whatnot for 2 blocks, then turns around and does the same for 4 blocks and finally returns to the Haunt.

As he approaches the gate once again, Seymour takes out his pocket mirror and gives himself a quick once over. " Looking Good, Ruiz.” With a smile, he presses the button on the gate and awaits a response.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Dodsrike » Wed May 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1200
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Merc Town, The Haunt


Mierln finds that her access codes to The Haunt still work, in fact it looks like her room might even still be empty. She is greeted by Alfred, who politely informs her that the Spooks are out on a mission at the moment. Being back in The Haunt brings back memories, of all kinds. She hasn't been there long when a beautiful elven woman walks in on her, looking surprised to see anyone there. "I wasn't aware the Spooks left anyone here, did you not go out on their mission with them?" The woman barely waits for an answer before shaking her head. "No matter, I need someone to do me a favor. Something Lahz ordered has come in, and he said if it was possible to get it to him as soon as it came in. Seeing as you're here, and apparently a member of the Spooks, can you deliver it?"

Right about the time she finishes, Mierln hears Alfred say "Someone is at the gate. Should I let them in?"

Seymour doesn't have to wait for long before he hears a voice coming out of a speaker "The Haunt, residence of the Spooks. Deliveries are around back. Couriers need to present proper ID. I will announce you now." The voice sounds very crisp and precise, almost mechanical in it's delivery.

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 4
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 47
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 95
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 1

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Seymour doesn't have to wait for long before he hears a voice coming out of a speaker "The Haunt, residence of the Spooks. Deliveries are around back. Couriers need to present proper ID. I will announce you now." The voice sounds very crisp and precise, almost mechanical in it's delivery.


Seymour takes a little stwp back in surprise. ”Just as i was about to give up.” He clears his throat. ’Yes?? Hi, My name is Seymour Ruiz. I am travelling from Laredo. I am in search of one Mr. Grott? I am a reporter and would lobve to speak to him. One mutant to another.”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Fri May 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 (57%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 37

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)

Mierin smiles a little to herself as she uses her access code to the Haunt. She nods politely at Alfred in greeting, realizing she was glad to see him. “Thank you, Alfred.” she replies as she heads inside. She allows herself a moment of nostalgia as a wave of memories flood through her. She reflects on the fact that the Haunt had started to feel like home for her, which was a foreign feeling for her. From the time she had left Chi-Town to join the CS, she had been on the move, never settling down in one place for very long. Idly wondering where the group is and what they are doing, Mierin absently reaches down to pet her robodog, planning to dump her extra stuff in her room and get more information about where the Squad was.

Her reverie is broken by the elvish woman who walks into the room with her. “Hello,” Mierin greets the woman politely, “I don't think we've met. I'm Mierin. I work with the Squad, but I've been out of town on personal business. And you are?” When she mentions Lahz and the delivery, Mierin nods, “Sure, I can deliver it. I was hoping to rendezvous with the rest of the Squad. What is it that needs to be delivered?”

When Alfred returns and says there's someone waiting at the gate, Mierin turns to the elvish woman and asks, “Were you expecting someone?” Assuming there are no objections, Mierin will nod at Alfred and says, “Sure, let them in.”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 33
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 65
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 4
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 24


Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills[

Post -
Seymour is checking his notes when he hears the sound of gears starting up. Snapping his head up, he grabs his Empress. With his hand on the grip, but keeping it in holster, Seymour looks around frantically. ”WTF?? How did they find me?” He then notices the gate opening. ’ Whew! I thought it was them.” He lets go of his pistol and gives himself a quick straightening up before he walks to the main door.

As he walks, he looks around. Nice place. Well fortified, and more than likely, WELL protected. Don't see much, but if rumors are correct about these guys….” With a gulp, he knocks on the door.

Once someone answers, ” good day/night... As I mentioned at the gate. I am Seymour Ruiz. Is Mr. Grott available? “
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Augur » Tue May 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1215
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Inside The Haunt, Merctown


Recap
Seymour introduces himself at the gates of the Haunt. Seymour doesn't have to wait for long before he's allowed entry by a strange voice coming from the speaker at the gates.

Meanwhile, having recently returned to Merctown and The Haunt after an extended sabbatical, Mierin meets the wife of who must be one of the newer members of the mercenary group who mentions that her husband was with the team in the field, but shouldn't be too far away just yet, and would Mierin be willing to deliver something to him?

A few moments later, Seymour is face to face with a cold and aloof-looking woman whose red hair is bound in a braid and dressed in nondescript black clothes & a black trench coat. A woman's back is to them both as she's walking away from having recently spoken with the red-head (Seymour's keen hearing picked up their voices, but not their conversation), and there's a robot departing the room as well. The woman answer's Mierin's question as she walks away, "The approaching visitor."

The rat and the redhead are alone in the foyer of ground floor level of the seven story tower known as "The Haunt."
Image

GM NOTE: If y'all cut to the chase, I can have you both in the adventure thread in the next GM post right before the next quad begins.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed May 29, 2019 3:23 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 16
Init: 1d20 = 19
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 99
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 31
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 72

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 67

Skills
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 15 - read the room
Language: American 1d100 = 67 - 99% - speak
Literacy: American 1d100 = 86 - 60% - check and add notes
Streetwise 1d100 = 51 - 42% - read body language

Post -
((OOC = LOL… face to face?? Seymour is 5 ft 0 in. ))

As the door opens, Seymour looks around. As he does, he lets out a slow whistle of appreciation. ” Nice.” ” As soon as I get more known, this is the kind of casa that I want.” He hears the female voices and turns to look in that direction. ” Was that a robot butler?” He stands there in awe. ’ Who are these people?” His eyes go wide as he slaps a hand over his mouth. There is a look of “I am sorry” in his eyes as he sees the lady in black.

Seymour stands there with one hand over his mouth, looking around for anything or anyone that could him out of this mess. Seeing none, he shrugs and lowers his hand. With a deep breathe and a quick hand thru hair, He says ” Hello. My name is Seymour Ruiz. Happy to be here. You are?’ He sticks his hand out for a shake. After the shake and exchange of pleasantries, Seymour stands straight. ’i am a freelance journalist. I was interested in meeting with *pulls out notebook* Koota Grott? As a fellow mutant, I am impressed by his reputation as a merc. Do you know him?” He pulls out a pencil, chews it a little to sharpen it, and looks at Meirin with pencil ready to write in his ever-present notebook.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 (57%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 94

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)


Mierin turns around and looks like at the newcomer who had entered the Haunt. “We're the Spook Squad. Surely you knew that when you came in here.” The raised eyebrow on Mierin's face shows she has doubts about that but decides that she will hear what Seymour has to say before having Alfred escort him back outside.

She's surprised to hear the name of Koota Grott and she replies, “I knew him. He worked with the Squad for a time. You're a little late though – he left the Squad some time ago and, like most mercs, he didn't leave a forwarding address.” Mierin shrugs as she adds, “Looks like you wasted your time.” Mierin sighs, “Now if there's nothing else, I have a delivery to make.”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Fri May 31, 2019 6:00 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 19
Init: 1d20 = 17
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 87
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 50
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 55

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 1

Skills
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 33 - read the room
Language: American 1d100 = 51 - 99% - speak
Literacy: American 1d100 = 33 - 60% - check and add notes
Streetwise 1d100 = 83 - 42% - read body language

Post -
Seymour takes a small step back as the lady in black makes her thoughts known. With a breathe, Seymour stands straight ” Yes Ma’am. I knew who it was I was approaching when I rang the buzzer. I was told where to find this place so I could inquire about Mr. Grott.’ He pauses to chew the pencil some more.

As she mentions the delivery, Seymour's ears perk up. ”I have a rig outside if you need it. What are you delivering? May I be of assistance?” Seymour stands and waits for an answer while chewing his pencil to bits.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 83 (57%)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 26

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)


Mierin replies in a dry tone of voice to Seymour, “Good to know you at least know that much.” However, when he mentions he has a rig outside, Mierin pauses before answering. “Possibly.” Mierin looks for Alfred and asks, “Alfred, can you show me where the delivery items are, please.” To Seymour, Mierin says, “Let's find out what this delivery is first, then I can answer your question.”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Mierin wrote:Mierin looks for Alfred and asks, “Alfred, can you show me where the delivery items are, please.” To Seymour, Mierin says, “Let's find out what this delivery is first, then I can answer your question.”


Alfred leads Mierin and Seymour to Lahz's room where Lahz's wife has graciously set the three items on a table. One is a thick, black disc with an E-clip port and an attachment for securing to belt loops and the like. Another is a harness with pouches and the like--clearly military/survival load-bearing gear. And the third is a strange-looking tool that looks like a hot glue gun interbred with a piece of cutting-edge commercial computing hardware.

Delivery Items
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item)
CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 75
Init: 1d20 = 2
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 94
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 64
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 64

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 45

Skills
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 57 - check for surveillance stuff (cameras / scanners / keycard readers / etc)
Appraise Goods -- 32% 1d100 = 29 - if delivery items have any value to black market


Post -
Seymour nods at Red’s idea. ” Sounds good. Lead on, good lady.” he says with a smile and a playful bow. As they walk, Seymour checks out the building. ” This isnt too shabby.” Seymour looksaround as if a tourist, but really is noting anycameras or sother secirity features. If he sees anything, he will make a mental note. ” There must be an easier way. I hate memorizing shit. I need some cyberware… hmmm. “ His mind trails off with happy thoughts of a bionic rat.

Upon entering the room, Seymour brings his attention back to the situation at hand. Seeing the gear on the table, he takes a step forward. Feeling a tickle in his nether regions, Seymour looks at Meirin. ”She is one scary lady. Better not touch anything.”[i] He takes a step back with a weak smile. ’sorry. Curious.” He extends his hand for her to proceed. As he stands waiting, he will appraise the stuff on the table. [i]”Hmm. I wonder if there is a use for any of that ij the market?’

As he looks, he notices the vest is the same as his own. ’Whoa!! That is like mine.’ With a smile and a head shake, he thinks ”Old Juk hustled me again. He said this was one of a kind. HaHa. old bastard got me fair and square.” With a chickle, Seymour says ” I highly recommend it. It is a great piece of gear.’ He sticks his thumbs under the chest piece and gives a little tug, as if he had suspenders on. ” Lets me carry what i need at all times.” He turns in a small circle. ” See everything has a place and a place for everything.’ Otherwise, he will patiently wait for answers.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25 (57%)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 56

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)


Heading into Lahz's room, Mierin nods to Alfred in thanks and surveys the equipment with a critical eye. Seeing the super heavy force field, she nods in approval, given that she has one and it has come in handy more than once. She frowns at the strange looking tool that looks like a hot gun. 'What the hell is that?' Mierin wonders to herself, wondering what Lahz could possibly do with it. Mentally shrugging, Mierin turns to the harness with pouches. She acknowledges Seymour's word with a nod. ”It does look useful. I'll have to ask Lahz where he got his. Did you get yours here in Merctown?”

Once Seymour answers, Mierin tells him, “It seems I can use your assistance after all. We should meet up wit the rest of the squad and get this equipment to my teammate.” If Alfred is still there, Mierin asks him, “Where did the Squad go?”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1230
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Inside The Haunt, Merctown


Mierin wrote:If Alfred is still there, Mierin asks him, “Where did the Squad go?”


Alfred replies, "I overheard them speaking about heading east a ways, madam. Some one hundred or two hundred miles; they weren't certain of the exact distance. They also mentioned they would be following the Ohio River, and the other group with them had a large, black, hovercraft that should be easy to spot in contrast against the natural environment. Safe trip, madam."

Continue posting here. (Your trip will take just over two hours to catch up to the others.)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests