The Job Market Cafe (30)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d100 = 3 1d20 = 7

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak walks into the Job Market Cafe for the first time in a long while. He walks around looking for Fixer and he spots someone he could never forget. It can't be her, Spirits she looks exactly the same as she did during the war. She must be the Atlantean mage Fixer talked about, damn what are the odds. He takes off his helmet, and glasses, which he almost never does, then drops into the chair across from her. With a rare easy smile, "Doc, is that you? How many years has it been? 7 or 8? You haven't aged a single day." He rubs the scars around cybernetic eye, "I just started using the creams for the scars you told me to use years ago. Never saw the point before, always assumed the last day was just around the corner. Damn foolish war, just like you told me." He shakes it off, "Are you looking for work?" Damn I am being presumptuous, "In case you've forgotten, as I was just another dumb ass soldier under your care, I am Wakiza Blackhoof."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Lux BaghDach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Rolls as above.

Lux was a bit surprised to look up from her plate to see Wakiza settle in to the chair across from hers. I knew I was bound to see someone I knew, but I wouldn't have guessed it would be him. Lux was relieved more than anything to see that he was still alive. "Well, you are a sight for sore eyes." Was that a dumb thing to say to someone with one cybernetic eye? "Of course I remember you. You look like you've healed up nicely." Lux reached across the table and ran her thumb across the scar around his eye. He really has been using the cream. "Word must travel fast around here. I just spoke to Fixer about finding work. He said he would reach out to his connections to find me a small mercenary group to join up with. That's not what you're here for, is it?"
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:36 pm

Rolls as above

Wak smiles and enjoys her touch, Spirits it is actually good to see her, never thought I'd say that about someone from the war. "Yes, it healed up well. I just started using the creams recently and it seems to have lightened the harshness of the scars a bit." He looks away, "Yes, I am the C.O. of small merc outfit known as the Roughnecks. We are looking for a few replacements and a veteran mage would be perfect. If you are interested, finish up and we can head back to HQ with me. Just so you know, we split all pay equally with one additional share put into team funds."
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Lux BaghDach » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Rolls as above

Lux looked down at the plate that she nearly licked clean and the empty mug, and then back up at the cyber-knight sitting across from her. I wanted a group I could trust my life with. And work that pays. So, here we go. "I am absolutely interested." Lux flagged down the waitress to settle up her tab from breakfast. After she paid her tab, they stood up from the table, Lux took one last look around the cafe, and gave a nod to Fixer on their way out the door.
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Rolls as above

He nods, "That is great, let's get out of here." I am sure Will will definitely love this addition. He says as they go by, "Thanks Fixer, she will be perfect." He walks out of the bar and looks carefully around as they head back to base.

Heading to HQ
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Previous

Return to The Hub