The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Tue May 03, 2016 11:13 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 19 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

From his seat at the conference table Lahz studies the maps carefully knowing that the best access to them in the future might be from his own memory. The Psi-Tech is quiet an thoughtful as he observes. **Damn. A raid into a prison in the Underworld? and underworld? ... whatever, another dimension to retrieve ... something. I should have sought to install a Forcefield on the Marauder. Maybe I still should.**
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed May 04, 2016 11:06 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 100
PER: 1d20+5 = 20

Erg wrote:"Soo , what do you think?"

"As to the magic involved, it sounds like my mystic portal spell should fit the bill. As to whether your idea is feasible for a techno-wizard construct, I'll have to defer to your expertise. Let me know when you need me for my part in the device's construction and I shall endeavor to make myself available."

During the briefing, Vheld's frown steadily deepens as the mission's conditions are revealed to have gone from bad to worse. He says nothing at first, deferring to Carl in all negotiations, but nods his agreement in principle.

SNAFU wrote:"We are not certain how you should proceed, but it is clear the sooner the better. If Master Vheld can use his connection to Hades so much the better. Our intelligence is limited to the above, but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them."

"It appears the next logical step is for me to contact Hades. I shall do so shortly after this meeting. Assuming we have a deal, out of an overabundance of caution I suggest you return to the guild before I do so. We can contact you for any follow-up questions after meeting with Hades."

Vheld seems somewhat ill at ease when Carl tries to negotiate a raise in the team's rate- the shifter feels somewhat awkward having already received a fairly substantial boon of his own from the lady mage. Still, he concedes that the extra risk does merit an additional benefit to the team. Attempting to smooth over any differences, Vheld adds "Perhaps our techno-wizard could benefit in some way from your tutelage, as have I." Already concerned that he has overstepped his authority with this comment, he remains otherwise silent as Carl and Lateen settle on a price.

Carl wrote:"You have a better idea of what we are getting into than I do, what do you think and do you have any questions for her?"

Vheld thinks for a moment and turns to Lateen. "It stands to reason that these locations in Europe may provide us a way to access Tartarus without having to travel through Hades. That seems a more... prudent course."

"I have sensed the location of a pyramid near the guild. Is there any chance you will be able to get us permission to get close to it? If so, I should be able to move us all to one of these locations in Europe, assuming that the nexuses in question are controlled by pyramids themselves. Assuming we will be able to reach Tartarus from there. Perhaps we will know more after speaking to Hades."

Vheld turns to Carl. "Nothing more comes to mind at the moment. I propose we tell the others to start packing, and you and I commune with a God."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Wed May 04, 2016 3:54 pm

OOC: Carl, I used Vhled's post as my conversation cues, but both I and Lateen understand the hierarchy here.

"You are being sent to retrieve the Smaragdine Table. It is an item of significant value and power, however due to its singular and specific nature it would seem that only a certain individual or group of individuals can realize its true value. It was given to my forefathers by the god Thoth, and lost at the fall of Atlantis. Fairly recently it was used (incorrectly) in a failed demonic invasion of Hades' deific realm. It has been held by Hades in a reliquary in his prison, Tartarus. This is where he keeps all items of power that he doesn't have a personal interest in. Because of the current situation we cannot know where the item is without asking Hades or going there yourselves."

Image

Lateen raises eyebrow and glances to Vheld when the idea of increasing the payment comes up. "We have granted a significant mystic boon upfront to Master Vheld, we consider him honor bound to assist us in this matter." Her poker face returns and she is silent.

Vheld wrote:Vheld seems somewhat ill at ease when Carl tries to negotiate a raise in the team's rate- the shifter feels somewhat awkward having already received a fairly substantial boon of his own from the lady mage. Still, he concedes that the extra risk does merit an additional benefit to the team. Attempting to smooth over any differences, Vheld adds "Perhaps our techno-wizard could benefit in some way from your tutelage, as have I." Already concerned that he has overstepped his authority with this comment, he remains otherwise silent as Carl and Lateen settle on a price.


"The rest of you of are not bound in anyway, however. Very well, I will tutor your TechnoWizard in 2 rare and powerful spells" (his choice up to level 11) and after another moment she continues, "I will add another 2 million credits to the total to likewise compensate the non-magic users for the increased risk."

Vheld wrote:"It appears the next logical step is for me to contact Hades. I shall do so shortly after this meeting. Assuming we have a deal, out of an overabundance of caution I suggest you return to the guild before I do so. We can contact you for any follow-up questions after meeting with Hades."


"This is acceptable. Once I leave here I will consider the matter in your capable hands and interfere no more."

Vheld wrote:Vheld thinks for a moment and turns to Lateen. "It stands to reason that these locations in Europe may provide us a way to access Tartarus without having to travel through Hades. That seems a more... prudent course."


"It is possible. There may be no need to go Hades at all. The Table may have been taken to this earthly location. But then what will Hades ask of you? He's obviously having trouble in his own realm, he may want you to eliminate his problems there. Or given his reluctance to leave his kingdom he might need you in Europe, to recapture his prisoners. Be shrewd when dealing with him, Hades has honor of a sort but he will always seek to twist things to his own advantage."

Vheld wrote:"I have sensed the location of a pyramid near the guild. Is there any chance you will be able to get us permission to get close to it? If so, I should be able to move us all to one of these locations in Europe, assuming that the nexuses in question are controlled by pyramids themselves. Assuming we will be able to reach Tartarus from there. Perhaps we will know more after speaking to Hades."


"Yes, with a certain amount of discretion we may use the pyramid at the guild. There will be some limit to its usefulness however as we aren't certain they are using pyramids... exactly. When our stone masons sought to connect to this pyramid complex on the Crimean Island* They found something more primitive but no less powerful and were in fact repelled by its master. "

*Crimea has become an island on Rifts: Earth
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat May 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 11 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious & Wary]
Telemechanics: 1d100 = 20

Lahz coughs unobtrusively and leans over to Carl, "Before we go, maybe find out how big is this thing? How heavy is it? Is it y'know cursed or does it block teleportation or anything crazy that will prevent us from getting it back here easily? I mean shoot it looks like we're going to be carving our way through some demons for a bit ... but it'd be kind of lame to pull the thing from the hands of a corpse only to find out it curses the bearer to speak backwards or something weird ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Overhearing the elf's comment Latten responds, "It is 3' 3" long, 2' 6" wide and 4" thick. It weighs 88 pounds. We are not aware of any curses laid upon the object, although since it spent some millenia in dark places, we can't rule it out. Other than the obvious there should be no hindrance to its retrieval."
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun May 08, 2016 5:36 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Carl's face still show no emotions as he listen to Vheld and then Lateen. He nods he head in approval when Lahz inquires about the size of the object.
SNAFU wrote:Overhearing the elf's comment Latten responds, "It is 3' 3" long, 2' 6" wide and 4" thick. It weighs 88 pounds. We are not aware of any curses laid upon the object, although since it spent some millenia in dark places, we can't rule it out. Other than the obvious there should be no hindrance to its retrieval."

After receiving the description of the objective, Carl agrees to the new terms. "Sounds like we have a deal; when time permits, our Technowizard will contact you." *I was hoping we would get a future favor, it would have been nice to have that ace-in-the-hole. Oh well, now we meet with another god, not something I am looking forward to. I guess I should make sure I do not piss this one off.* To Vheld he says, "Time to setup the meeting with our other soon-to-be client." Looking at Lahz, Carl says, "You up for the next meeting? Some people try to avoid being noticed by a god, the decision is yours." As the meeting ends, Carl says to Lateen, "We will be in touch soon."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue May 10, 2016 1:08 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 22
PER: 1d20+5 = 9

SNAFU wrote:"Yes, with a certain amount of discretion we may use the pyramid at the guild. There will be some limit to its usefulness however as we aren't certain they are using pyramids... exactly. When our stone masons sought to connect to this pyramid complex on the Crimean Island* They found something more primitive but no less powerful and were in fact repelled by its master. "

Vheld frowns. "This suggests that I will not be able to teleport us there. Still, a Rift should be sufficient to get us within striking distance. We shall see what Hades has to say."

Once the meeting with Lateen is concluded, Vheld will nod and escort her out of the Haunt and off of its grounds. "We shall be in touch- sooner if need be following our next appointment, otherwise upon its successful conclusion. Until then." The shifter then turns and strides back inside.

Nodding to Lahz and Carl, he adds "I think that went well. You are satisfied with the terms thus far, Carl?" Assuming an affirmative response, Vheld continues. "Then I think it's time for our next appointment. Whenever you are ready." When given the go-ahead, Vheld will produce the Pomegranate seed from Hades, and use it as instructed to summon the god.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Tue May 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 14 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 33

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious & Wary]
Telemechanics: 1d100 = 81

Lahz nods to Carl, "Sure, 2nd Meeting, This time with a God ... My Marauder should be ready for pickup from Naruni. They're installing a Forcefield ... Could be interesting to see some tech on the far side of the ocean too. Are we planning to bring the big Team Transport? Still wanted to check on whether you wanted to upgrade its armor or weaponry ... right now it's a sort of fragile Floating box. Quick for its size but could be better ..."

Tapping a couple buttons the Psi-Tech summons Ray to the room, "Go check downstairs. Transmit titles on whatever bottles of wine you find down there ... We really should have something available."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Fri May 13, 2016 1:32 pm

((Rolls carried over))
Vheld wrote:Nodding to Lahz and Carl, he adds "I think that went well. You are satisfied with the terms thus far, Carl?"

Carl nods his head, "Yes, lets hope we feel the same after our meeting with Hades."
Lahz wrote: " Are we planning to bring the big Team Transport? Still wanted to check on whether you wanted to upgrade its armor or weaponry ... right now it's a sort of fragile Floating box. Quick for its size but could be better ..."

"I do not think we should bring the team transport for this unless we have to. Like you stated, it is not ready for this type of mission without some serious upgrades."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Fri May 13, 2016 4:57 pm

A Dark God Visits

Lahz, Vheld, and Carl bid Lateen farewell and then prepare for the next meeting. Vheld produces the pomegranate seed and uses it to summon the lord of the Underworld. A moment passes before anything happens. But then slender tendrils of shadow extend from the corners of the room. Thickening, and wrapping around them, the shadows erase the material vestige of reality's veil and the three Spooks are transported to some netherplace, neither here nor there. Vheld can sense that it is a pocket dimension, a temporary space existing solely for this conversation.

Image

"Vheldval Ex’tyrin, Carl Johnson, Lahzuhr Jyleal D'Gemmel, I, Hades Aidoneus, greet you. You have reached out to me at a time of crisis, I am besieged from without and from within. I am grateful for your assistance but I must keep this meeting short.

The wretched demons are exploiting a passage into my realm that I cannot discover. I have learned that they have been infiltrating my kingdom for many hundreds of years. The vile, beast Succor-Behemoth is behind this, I am sure. The end goal of the infiltrators seems to have been to facilitate an escape from Tartarus.

Almost all prisoners have escaped but only a few have made it very far. I believe these few were the impetus for this disaster. I am busy hunting countless escapees through the endless hellish wastes, as well as trying to find and plug this infernal hole. Meanwhile, there are a handful of prisoners which have escaped to your world, in Europe. Their freedom can only be accompanied by death and destruction.

My influence on Earth is limited and I no longer have any agency there. Except for you, Vheldval, you and your comrades. Will you be my agents in this matter? As agreed I will return your familiar too you, and for each of your fellow warriors I will grant a similar boon, anything within my power. Do you agree?"
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed May 18, 2016 1:40 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 86
PER: 1d20+5 = 16

SNAFU wrote:"Vheldval Ex’tyrin, Carl Johnson, Lahzuhr Jyleal D'Gemmel, I, Hades Aidoneus, greet you. You have reached out to me at a time of crisis, I am besieged from without and from within. I am grateful for your assistance but I must keep this meeting short.

Vheld drops to one knee, bowing, as Hades appears. Not that the shifter is keen on being subservient to anyone, but he's learned that it never hurts when dealing with Gods- particularly those of the same pantheon as his mistress Hecate. "My lord Hades. As I indicated previously, I am happy to serve. We don't want to keep you any longer than necessary with such pressing affairs of... Tartarus, so let us discuss the task you have in mind for us."

SNAFU wrote:My influence on Earth is limited and I no longer have any agency there. Except for you, Vheldval, you and your comrades. Will you be my agents in this matter? As agreed I will return your familiar too you, and for each of your fellow warriors I will grant a similar boon, anything within my power. Do you agree?"

Vheld casts a sideways glance at Carl but, without an immediate reply from his commander Vheld assumes that Carl would prefer Vheld take the lead in these kinds of deific negotiations. "If I understand correctly, my lord, you wish us to go to Europe and destroy these miscreants who have escaped your justice, yes? That is a task well within our purview. It would be helpful to know all we can about these targets- their abilities, habits, personalities, and such would all aid in the hunt."

Mindful of the fact that Hades is under time pressure, as well as the fact that the others will never agree to a job without salient details, Vheld will try to delicately press for additional information on the targets Hades wants killed- if nothing else, a general sense that the team is up to the job (e.g., not hunting down a titan). Once Vheld has that (or as good as he's going to get), he continues.

"Your terms are acceptable, my lord- the return of Sil, and a comparable boon to my comrades. But I ask for one thing more- I have divined that an artifact of some sort necessary for my mystical research is contained within a reliquary itself located in Tartarus. My attempts to learn more about it have failed, but I know that you claim ownership over its contents, and from what little I have heard of the items they are of little value to you. I request, that as a last and final boon, the contents of this reliquary be added to your favor for us. In exchange, we shall make these escaped prisoners rue the day that they dared seek to escape their punishment, in whatever fashion you deem appropriate. Is this acceptable?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Wed May 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 27
JIC D20: 1d20 = 4; D100: 1d100 = 93
Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Not activated: Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft);Sunglasses - Impervious to Energy talisman, 2 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration)
Vheld wrote:Vheld casts a sideways glance at Carl but, without an immediate reply from his commander Vheld assumes that Carl would prefer Vheld take the lead in these kinds of deific negotiations. "If I understand correctly, my lord, you wish us to go to Europe and destroy these miscreants who have escaped your justice, yes? That is a task well within our purview. It would be helpful to know all we can about these targets- their abilities, habits, personalities, and such would all aid in the hunt."

Carl lets Vheld do the talking and gives no indication that he wants to speak, but after Vheld is finished and waiting for the god to respond, Carl raises an eyebrow towards Lahz to see if he has anything to add. *A boon from a god, powerful spells taught from a renowned spell-caster, some credits, and whatever else we can find; well worth the risk and a nice first step to rebuilding the team.*
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Thu May 19, 2016 9:27 am

Vheld wrote:Vheld casts a sideways glance at Carl but, without an immediate reply from his commander Vheld assumes that Carl would prefer Vheld take the lead in these kinds of deific negotiations. "If I understand correctly, my lord, you wish us to go to Europe and destroy these miscreants who have escaped your justice, yes? That is a task well within our purview. It would be helpful to know all we can about these targets- their abilities, habits, personalities, and such would all aid in the hunt."


"Of course, you will have the information you need. However, time presses. If the basic terms are agreed upon then I will leave the details to my emissary, Umay Kubai." Hades replies.

Vheld wrote:"Your terms are acceptable, my lord- the return of Sil, and a comparable boon to my comrades. But I ask for one thing more- I have divined that an artifact of some sort necessary for my mystical research is contained within a reliquary itself located in Tartarus. My attempts to learn more about it have failed, but I know that you claim ownership over its contents, and from what little I have heard of the items they are of little value to you. I request, that as a last and final boon, the contents of this reliquary be added to your favor for us. In exchange, we shall make these escaped prisoners rue the day that they dared seek to escape their punishment, in whatever fashion you deem appropriate. Is this acceptable?"


The shadow tendrils suddenly stop moving, hanging in absolute stillness for a few eerie moments. One might assume this is the swirling shadow-form equivalent of a raised eyebrow.

"The Reliquary has been pilfered. Your targets are almost certainly the thieves. You may keep whatever you can recover. I must leave you now." Suddenly the nether-space is empty of all shadow, and the abrupt absence of the great presence can be felt by even the least sensitive Spook. (Presumably Carl who is more machine than man now.) :mrgreen:

A pale face forms in the void and the Spooks find themselves looking at the Astral form of Umay Kubai.

"Open your minds so I may impart the knowledge you need." However long it takes for them to comply or respond is too long, "Hurry up fools, do I look like I have time to spare?"

Image

Crimea
The old crone describes the situation in Crimea, basically the same information you already have.

Lord Lycaon
Lycaon was once a powerful king of Arcadia known for his refined culture and murderous appetites. When Zeus came to Arcadia Lycaon had doubts about the god's omniscience. In an act of perverse impiety Lycaon murdered his own grandson (who also happened to be the son of Zeus). He had the boy's corpse butchered and the meat roasted and mixed with the various other dishes at the feast. All this to test the divinity of the King of Gods. Lycaon was cursed with lycanthropy for his inhuman behavior. He claims to be the first werewolf, but this is probably not true. In human form there is none more beautiful and charming. As a wolf he cannot be matched. In either form he has the power to devour the souls of his victims eliminating them from both this world and the next.

Image

Dr. Warpveil

On an alternate Earth, astronaut Butch Bever returned from his mission to Mars with strange powers and a dramatic personality shift. He found he had control over energy and space and an attraction to sadism and murder. Obsessed with power and destruction, Bever took on the persona Dr. Warpveil and became the most powerful villain in the world. Millions were killed by his actions, no one was safe, presidents and billionaires were victimized just like the hoi polloi. It wasn't until the ancient demi-god Hercules returned to Earth and teamed up with Infinity Man that Dr. Warpveil was defeated.

Image

Fake Gyges

In the Three Galaxies, a gene-tech attempted to clone the Super-Godlings known as the Hundred Handed. His efforts were an affront to the Greek Pantheon, and the unified might of Zeus' subjects was unleashed to punish the transgressor. This specimen, known as Fake Gyges, was the only survivor. As big and strong as the real thing it is fortunate that the clone is about a fiftieth as durable.

Image

Chak-Azmych

Never a prisoner at Tartarus we know little about him. He is a Kildred, a powerful race of mages and psychics. We believe he is the individual behind the developments in Crimea and the outside agent orchestrating the breach of the prison.

Image

"That is all we know for now. I am already on the way to Crimea to learn more. When you arrive in the region go to where the river Dnieper empties into the Black Sea. I will meet you there."

OOC- You can add questions or negotiations at anytime, I didn't want to cut Lahz off, but the more info you have the more you can respond to. Because you essentially have complete knowledge of the three escapees I will add a thread with their stats for your consideration. The meeting ends as soon as you decide it does, and you can get to prepping!
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Thu May 19, 2016 11:28 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 85
PER: 1d20+5 = 12

Demon/Monster Lore- 1d100 = 16 vs. 90%
To recall the weaknesses of werewolves.

Vheld bows again as Hades begins to depart. "Of course. Your will shall be done, milord."

SNAFU wrote:"Open your minds so I may impart the knowledge you need." However long it takes for them to comply or respond is too long, "Hurry up fools, do I look like I have time to spare?"

Vheld nods, disliking the emissary's tone but giving no sign of it, and thoroughly pushing the thought from his mind before opening it to the being. "I trust that killing these four shall be sufficient, or are there any other special instructions for dealing with them?"

Vheld spends several minutes sifting through the information provided by Kubai, neither saying anything nor reacting visibly. Should the spirit require some sort of confirmation that the information has been received, Vheld will nod and repeat "We shall begin at once." He won't address either Carl or Lahz until the void-form has completely vanished. At that point, he will turn and say "I think we've got our work cut out for us on this one. Still, it can be no harder than defeating the avatar of a goddess. I shall go now to the nexus to finalize my preparations and return as soon as they are complete. If you require any talismans, speak now or go without." If Vheld recalls the details of werewolves' physiology, he will add "My minions and I should be capable of dealing with the wolf, but it may be advisable for any of the rest of you without magical weapons of your own to acquire silver munitions."

With that, Vheld heads to the garage and dispels his old energy spheres (though he'll leave those he gave to S'shir and Brokswa alone) before heading to the nexus to create new ones.

--At the nexus--
((Combining posts to save everyone a little hassle.))

On his way back to the guild, Vheld will stop by any shop that looks like it sells simple trinkets suitable for a talisman spell. He will get items sufficient for 12 (plus any additional requests made in OOC chat) talismans, then proceed to the ley line nexus (the ideal items will be pendants or similar items that can be worn while keeping the hands free).

Once at the nexus, Vheld will enchant the 12 talismans- one each with the spell invincible armor for himself, Brokswa, Sshir, and Bel'Dar, as well as five talismans Lahz requested (1 each of time slip, mental shock, and carpet of adhesion, and two of dispel magic barriers), and three talismans of tongues (one each for Vheld and Carl, plus a third just in case).

Then, the shifter will set about creating new energy spheres for himself ((signature updated), as well as an extra one for Erg. All of the new spheres he will stow on sacks on Bel'Dar. Finally Vheld will draw PPE from the nexus sufficient to replenish his sustain spell, as is his habit before each mission. Once he has completed his preparations, Vheld will return to the Haunt.

--Back at the Haunt--
There, Vheld will hunt down Erg and hand him one of the energy spheres. "Here. Take this. More likely than not you'll need it." Vheld will then distribute the talismans to their recipients, and stand ready to move out.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Fri May 20, 2016 11:16 am

Whisper
Perception: 1d20+2 = 21
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: 1d100 = 99

"Anything goin' on?", asks Lily, finally breaking her silence. She starts searching the Haunt for other team members to see what's up. No wonder they call it the Haunt., she thinks to herself, Everyone's vanished.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 12 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 71

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Wary/Semi-Alarmed ... Conflicted]

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 53

Lahz flashes very-briefly from curious to alarmed at being addressed by his full given-name, but he regains control of his emotions within moments. The Psi-Tech doesn't pose any further questions to Hades. He watches their Patron-Diety vanish in a puff of smoke only to be replaced by an Astral ... Woman(?) ... The Elf concentrates to temporarily lower his mental barriers and is just getting ready to ask how many targets there are and whether these former-prisoners will need to be captured and whether they can be killed (re-killed?) when Vheld poses the same question, ***Oh, well good. At least it wasn't a stupid a question that shouldn't be asked ... I was concerned if we'd have to formulate some kind of containment unit to move these guys.***

Umay Kubai's responses draw mixed feelings and he offers a wry, "Sooo some kind of Mage, a Super-Werewolf, Super-Giant-Juggler, and a Crazy Dr. that controls Space and Energy. At least there are only 4 ... What's an Astronaut? Where is Mars? Is there anything else you can tell us? ... Lahz will obtain whatever additional information he can from Umay telepathically (hopefully this is sufficient to obtain all OOC posted info) before she vanishes into a puff of smoke and he has been once more transported back to the Haunt with Carl and Vheld.

At Vheld's mention of the need for specialized weapons, Lahz frowns thoughtfully, "Ok, I don't think I have anything like that currently aboard the Marauder, don't think Whisper had anything in that vein either. I will touch base with her. Has anyone seen our Sniper? Or is he in the wind? ... Anything besides Silver that could be useful?" Lahz will listen for whatever other directions Carl or Vheld have.

Once the meeting breaks up, the Elf responds to Whisper over the scrambled team frequency, "It looks like we're going to have some kind of Werewolf to deal with on this next mission. We'll be heading across the Eastern ocean to Crimea somewhere in Europe to eliminate some escaped convicts. If I remember right, Naruni stocked some pretty serious Silver-edged-Vibro-Swords. Maybe we can get one of those onto the Mecha-Knight via a Magnetic attachment point. I'm not much with a Sword myself, so I'm going to go look and see if there is anything else on the market that would work for me ..."

The Elf heads out and back into the Arms Bazaar with Ray the Droid trailing closely behind looking very much like a compact full conversion borg.

[[ Triax Industries ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Fri May 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Vheld wrote:Vheld nods, disliking the emissary's tone but giving no sign of it, and thoroughly pushing the thought from his mind before opening it to the being. "I trust that killing these four shall be sufficient, or are there any other special instructions for dealing with them?"

"Yes, much like demons, their souls belong to Hades. Killing them on this plane will return them to their deserved state of torment. The Kildred is not a prisoner but we want him killed anyway. In fact, while not a requirement, killing anyone who had anything to do with this will please my Lord greatly and no doubt increase your relative boon. In order to claim credit for these extraneous eliminations you must provide a list of the deceased culprits true names."

Lahz is immediately sent images of astronauts and Mars respectively allowing him to infer their essential meaning (Spaceman and a Red planet).

OOC- Oops, my bad. I didn't describe it as such but I sort of thought the little origin stories as coming across as living memories or a classic movie montage as opposed to a text document. From now on assume that your character has seen the (much-abbreviated) life stories of these three beings as well as demonstrations of their power, giving you more or less the equivalent information of the stats I've provided. Any concepts that would/should be foreign to your character can be thought to have been inferred via context clues.
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Fri May 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 13 , 1d100 = 86

Vheld wrote:--Back at the Haunt--
There, Vheld will hunt down Erg and hand him one of the energy spheres. "Here. Take this. More likely than not you'll need it." Vheld will then distribute the talismans to their recipients, and stand ready to move out.


Erg gratefully accepts the energy sphere.
"Thanks." ... Erg looks at the sphere with interest ... "Fascinating .. How long does it last?" .. (OOC: I'm assuming 2 x Lv9 = 18 x 2(for spell on ley line) = 36 days) .. Than shaking his head a bit Erg says .. "Sorry .. I have to get back to work .. I'm almost done.".

- - - - -

Later (I think the next day , if I recall time line correctly) .. when Erg is done with his work .. and ideally someone has filled him in on some of the details of the mission .. Erg will pack up and prepare to head out for the trip.

Talking to himself as he does so:
"Those are powerful targets. No doubt they will be on guard as well. Pulling off the heist they did .. requires some careful planning .. and allot of confidence .. or allot crazy .. They no doubt are expecting someone on Hades behalf would come after them for what they did .. They probably were expecting that to happen even before they did the heist .. Which begs the question .. How did they plan to 'get away with it' before they did it .. some other God-like power to protect them .. Fake their deaths .. or is what they really want require that reaction , and the heist is just bait .. hmmm .. and Hades no doubt has numerous minions , and worshipers he could have sent that would be less expensive to him than what he has promised to us as payment .. unless he already has tried those , or he knows something else we don't .. Or maybe he just won't pay .. after all if we do the work and for him and he doesn't pay , he pretty much got what he wanted for free .. hmmm .. or perhaps it's deniability using his own minions/worshipers puts him there , but if we do it , and if we ruffle feathers Hades always as deniability using us if things turn out ugly .. hmmm ... but who might we be ruffling their feathers , that Hades would care about such things .. hmmm ... their is definitely another layer to this onion we haven't pealed yet."

- - -
Add:
Sense he gained the sustain spell Erg has been using it to get more useful time out of each 24 hour day .. Erg will re-cast sustain on himself the last night before they leave .. before he gets his 2 hours of sleep .. Erg will use his bed as the technology focus item for casting the spell to avoid techno-wizard penalties .. Sense the haunt is still in range of the MercTown Ley Line .. that 2x his duration .. 1/Lv x Lv5 = 5 x2 = 10 Days ... -12 PPE to cast .. +8 from the 2 hours of sleep , and he tops off the last 4PPE from the ley line before they would leave to bring him up to 130PPE full.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun May 22, 2016 10:46 am

Perception:1d20+7 = 15
JIC D20: 1d20 = 15; D100: 1d100 = 24
Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Not activated: Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft);Sunglasses - Impervious to Energy talisman, 2 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration)

Once back at the Haunt, Carl call everyone to the meeting room. "Everyone to the Haunt for a briefing on our next mission!" Once everyone has arrived, Carl catches them up on what the mission will be; he then adds, "We do not have a lot of time, but everyone needs to prepare themselves and their equipment with the purpose of killing demons, werewolves, and other supernatural creatures. Which means silver and magical weapons and any type of ammo that can kill or at least hurt them. Unless Vheld says otherwise, I am expecting one of his minions to carry the table for us, but to be on the safe side, we need to ridge one of the robots to be able to carry the thing without limiting their movements. Also, we are not taking the team vehicle on this one, so everyone needs to ensure that they have a means of moving fast."

Carl pauses for a moment before continuing. "I am hoping that we get lucky and are able to obtain items that will make this really profitable, but even if that is not the case, we are a little shorthanded so we need to make that up in firepower. You know what weapons and armors are best for you, make sure you equip yourselves accordingly. As Lahz mentioned earlier, get the equipment you need to help complete the mission, but most importantly keep you and your teammates alive. If you need to borrow from the group fund for any personal items or weapons, let me know."

Carl waits for any questions and/or listens to anything the others have to say.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 16 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Wary/Semi-Alarmed ... Conflicted]

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 9

Lahz arrives at the meeting with Ray and their new acquisitions (Ray's comically carrying an over-long Morning Star sized for a 12ft Power Armor) and takes a seat. He listens carefully to Carl's briefing, "My best speed in the Marauder is going to be around ... 60MPH. More safely in the 40 MPH range. If I have to be faster ... well I could bring the Super SAMAS but we'll lose some firepower. We should be able to track the 65 foot tall guy pretty easily ... The guy who can manipulate time and space ... I'm not looking forward to trying to contain that one. My shopping's pretty much done except we need to stock up our munitions. Fusion Blocks, Anti-Tank Mines, probably want to purchase a hundred Mini-Missiles ... or liberate some from the CS. It isn't subtle, but it's likely effective. When we see Umay Kubai again, we should check to see if Heads or something will work so we can confirm deaths ... because I'd hate to get nothing because some jackass lied about his name before we sent him off into the afterlife."

He casts a glance over to their Atlantean attendee, "Deuce? Can you prep a location outside Merctown for storage? Something like that cave on the coast? Seal that off to the outside, then we can store munitions and possibly other stuff like Bounty-heads down there? Also, Crimea's waaaaay East over the Ocean. Are we able to get there to the Crimea area via Rift? or do we need to charter a Plane? ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Tue May 24, 2016 12:55 pm

Rolls Carried:

Carl wrote:Carl call everyone to the meeting room. "Everyone to the Haunt for a briefing on our next mission!"

Erg will head down to the meeting as soon as he can.

As Erg hurries in .. he will first quietly listen.

Carl wrote:"Which means silver and magical weapons "

Erg thinks to himself, Hmm .. I have a bit of magic I can attack with now .. and thanks to Vheld's gift I have plenty of magic amo for a while .. but some silver might be a good idea just be safe.
After the meeting is done Erg will go get the Silver Short Sword 2d4SDC from the group gear in the garage , and add it to his small amount of travel gear ... Assuming no objections , or anyone else already grabbed it.

Carl wrote:"Also, we are not taking the team vehicle on this one, so everyone needs to ensure that they have a means of moving fast."

Erg will not interrupt , but when there is a chance to reply, "How fast did you have in mind? My wing board can fly at most about 60MPH off a ley line."

Erg will also ask the others, "We might want some type of plan to identify if someone has been compromised. In case that Godling mentally possesses one of us. The sooner we know if one of us has been possessed the better. Perhaps the buddy system for guard duty as well, might be good."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Erg wrote:Erg will also ask the others, "We might want some type of plan to identify if someone has been compromised. In case that Godling mentally possesses one of us. The sooner we know if one of us has been possessed the better. Perhaps the buddy system for guard duty as well, might be good."


Lahz nods thoughtfully at the shorter fellow, "Well I seem to have my psychic projection that's pretty much constant ... if my body's moving around without it hehehe ... I'd appreciate immobilization over decapitation. Verification phrases for other. If we're doing this Multi-Manhunt in a foreign land, I'm going to request that one spell that you guys have been using to minimize the amount of sleep we need ... so we don't have to post guard for too long."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Fri May 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Rolls Carried

Lahz wrote:Lahz nods thoughtfully at the shorter fellow, "Well I seem to have my psychic projection that's pretty much constant ... if my body's moving around without it hehehe ... I'd appreciate immobilization over decapitation. Verification phrases for other. If we're doing this Multi-Manhunt in a foreign land, I'm going to request that one spell that you guys have been using to minimize the amount of sleep we need ... so we don't have to post guard for too long."


Erg nods: "It has been great! It will save me thousands of hours per year. I was toying with the idea of a modified multi-vitamin sleeping pill for other team members. But I don't have the time to work on developing that right now." ... With a bit of disappointment Erg adds "In the mean time I could conventionally 'cast' it for other team members, on the bed they sleep in, or their food or drink."

"I would also suggest when possible the buddy system is a good idea. We want to pick them off one at a time, not the other way around."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Fri May 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 1;JIC d100: 1d100 = 60

"So...what's the chance that I can get a railgun loaded with silver round then? Or should I keep my particle beam rifle?", Lily asks, trying to imagine what the hell she'll need to fight werewolves. "What can a werewolf do?"

Then, thinking more like a merc, Whisper asks, "Just what is our cut...uh...anyway?"
Was that too greedy? Everyone seems really too self-absorbed to notice anyway.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Sat May 28, 2016 12:10 am

Rolls Carried

Whisper wrote:"So...what's the chance that I can get a railgun loaded with silver round then? Or should I keep my particle beam rifle?"

Erg replies, "If we have time, I'm certain either myself or Lahz could do that, and it would be greatly effective against werewolves. The question is , do we have the time needed to make the modifications .. Silver isn't itself normally magnetic .. meaning a solid silver round won't work in a rail gun .. we can't just put silver rounds in .. we'd have to make some other modification... Coating rounds , but still holding the final tolerances so the gun does jam , etc... All doable , if we want to spend the time to do it."

Whisper wrote:Lily asks, trying to imagine what the hell she'll need to fight werewolves. "What can a werewolf do?"

With a smirk Erg replies, "If they are anything like the movies I've seen .. as fast, strong, and durable as a cyborg, but with all the advanced wolf senses .. oh , and they also heal super fast in minutes too."

Whisper wrote:Then, thinking more like a merc, Whisper asks, "Just what is our cut...uh...anyway?"

"I recall being told we will get different rewards .. like maybe they'll arrange for me to learn some powerful rare magic." .. than as an after thought " .. oh and there was something about millions in credits or something like that."

This really has been the best possible move .. My research has been coming along fantastically well, in just a short period of time... and with this mission I might be making some major break throughs. :D
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun May 29, 2016 11:44 am

((Rolls carried over))

Erg wrote:
Whisper wrote:Then, thinking more like a merc, Whisper asks, "Just what is our cut...uh...anyway?"

"I recall being told we will get different rewards .. like maybe they'll arrange for me to learn some powerful rare magic." .. than as an after thought " .. oh and there was something about millions in credits or something like that."

Carl replies, "The cut for each member will be at least a million, a boon of some kind from the a god, and a power mage will teach our magic-user(s) a powerful spell. All that depends on successfully completing the missions."
Erg wrote:
Carl wrote:"Also, we are not taking the team vehicle on this one, so everyone needs to ensure that they have a means of moving fast."

Erg will not interrupt , but when there is a chance to reply, "How fast did you have in mind? My wing board can fly at most about 60MPH off a ley line."

"60MPH should be more than fast enough, just want to make sure that everyone can move faster than a normal person would be able to move on foot, in other words, everyone should be mobile in someway unless they are enhanced and do not get tired."
Erg wrote:Erg will also ask the others, "We might want some type of plan to identify if someone has been compromised. In case that Godling mentally possesses one of us. The sooner we know if one of us has been possessed the better. Perhaps the buddy system for guard duty as well, might be good."

"My swords and I have an agreement that if something get into my head (again) they will do what they can to expel it from my mind, but they will also try to alert the team. Although, they are not familiar with most of the team, the only mind they might be able to reach without my influence is Vheld's since they have been touching his mind for a few years now. A buddy system is the way to go, no one should go alone if they can help it." Carl smiles, "If a member is compromised, we will try immobilization over decapitation, but we will only put a teammate down as a last resort."
Lahz wrote: My shopping's pretty much done except we need to stock up our munitions. Fusion Blocks, Anti-Tank Mines, probably want to purchase a hundred Mini-Missiles ... or liberate some from the CS. It isn't subtle, but it's likely effective.

"Good call, the mines and missiles will come in handy. Let me know the cost and we will take it from the group funds."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:18 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Lahz cocks an eyebrow at Carl, "You and you Swords have an agreement? Interesting ... How will we know if we are being contacted by your Swords? That is to say, what are we supposed to be looking for? Do they change colors, or talk, or ... I dunno. Do they have names? I mean now that I think about it we really kind of need a Keyword or Phrase? ... or should we each pick one here. Maybe a sentence that references the Dealer and the Xicticix? On an ID challenge, that can be a response ..."

The Psi-Tech will collect his NGCME Card [[ Northern Gun Certified Mechanical Engineer ]] card so he can get a 10% discount, then head out to purchase Missiles advising Carl, "I will radio back to HQ before completing the munitions purchase, because it'll be a big chunk of cash."

==== Lahz will make a run to NG with Ray to purchase Mini-Missiles ====

    • [120] High Explosive Mini-Missiles -- Northern Gun Book 1 Pg 215, 1,200 credits
    • [40] Armor Piercing Mini-Missiles -- Northern Gun Book 1 Pg 215, 2,400 credits
    • [40] Plasma Mini-Missiles -- Northern Gun Book 1 Pg 215, 2,400 credits
    • [10] Tear Gas Mini-Missiles -- Northern Gun Book 1 Pg 215, 800 credits
    • [10] Smoke Mini-Missiles (Black) -- Northern Gun Book 1 Pg 215, 800 credits
    • [10] Type 3 Heavy Fusion Blocks -- GMG Pg 124, 8,000 credits
    • [10] Motion Detaction Detonators -- MercOps Pg 114, 400 credits
    • [10] Radio Detonators -- MercOps Pg 114, 400 credits
    • [4] Waterproof Bag -- MercOps Pg 115, 150 credits

These are the Book Prices, no Discount factored in. Lahz will radio back to Carl before making the purchase.

(OOC: Carl, let us know if you want any of these purchases reduced)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: 1d100 = 84

"H-hey, uh, Lahz?", Lily asks, shyly, "Can, uh, can we get one of those sweet Wellington automatic grenade launchers? Doesn't have the penetration of my armor's particle beam gun, but it might make a nice alternate weapon."
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

**Uhmmm ... her Naruni Mecha-Knight has a Rifle, Energy Sword, and she's also hauling around that 200lb Missile-Shield ... what's she planning to do with a Wellington gun? ... **

The Psi-Tech's brows knit thoughtfully as he looks over to Whisper, "Anything could be installed, but it really depends on what you want to try and do. Are you thinking a 2nd shoulder turret? Are you thinking of setting up auto-targeting on the existing turret and putting the grenade launcher there? ... If you want to purchase something, I can try and install. I installed some auto-targeting turrets on my new Ride if that's something you are shooting for."


OOC: I'm not sure which Wellington Grenade Launcher you're talking about, or how you want it mounted. I think Lahz probably has 1-2 days work-time available but am not sure. WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher (MercOps Pg 100) can pack 10 grenades or 60 shotgun shells. WI-GL80 Predator Super-Grenade Launcher (MercOps Pg 101) is a 2 handed weapon for a Power Armor and only has a payload of 6 grenades ... not sure there's anywhere to put another 2-handed weapon.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:05 am

Rolls carried:

With a thoughtful look on his face .. Erg considers a bit about identification phrases and such ..
Hmmm .. There are psychic and magic effects that identify and or link to a specific person .. hmm .. I wonder .. If I combined that with a communication device .. it might allow us to send a message to a specific person .. we could identify imposters by those who might look the part , but don't get the mystically delivered message .. hmm ... although I'd have to spend more time searching that , it would be ideal if it still only delivered to the intended target person / mind .. and not to someone who is just possessing that body .. although .. come to think of it .. mind control is also out there ... Which would still be a compromised team member ... hmm but there are mystic and psychic means to detect magic , psionics, read auras and objects , etc ... hmmm .. what about a mind control detection device .. hmm .. what about combining those two ... hmmm .. Noo .. I'd need to do more research about any of those options before even suggesting such devices to the team..

Than as another idea comes to him .. Erg ask Vheld .. "Vheld , are your minions mystically bound to you or just anybody who looks like you or possesses your body?"

Following up on that thought .. Erg says to Lahz "That emotion broad casting you do. Talk about wearing heart on your sleeve. That might act as a give away for you. Anyone trying to impersonate you might not have that same always on emotional broadcasting.. Even if they did, their emotions might give them away."

Than just mostly talking to himself .. "That might mean we have mystic & psychic means to identify 3 of the team members."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:19 pm

((Rolls carried over))
Lahz wrote:Lahz cocks an eyebrow at Carl, "You and you Swords have an agreement? Interesting ... How will we know if we are being contacted by your Swords? That is to say, what are we supposed to be looking for? Do they change colors, or talk, or ... I dunno. Do they have names? I mean now that I think about it we really kind of need a Keyword or Phrase? ... or should we each pick one here. Maybe a sentence that references the Dealer and the Xicticix? On an ID challenge, that can be a response ..."

"Although I am mentally linked to both of my swords, only the Katana has the ability to send messages to others. (Carl smiles) Unfortunately without my guidance the mental contact will probably be something insulting. So if you hear something in your mind like 'It is controlling the idiot's mind', it is most likely my sword. I will have her say hi to each of you, so that you can get a feel of her in your heads."
"A Keyword or phrase is not a bad idea, I am OK with either one. Does anyone have a preference?"

Touching his sword, Carl says out loud and mentally, "Briefly say Hi to everyone and only Hi." (Unless they are blocking it mentally, everyone should hear a female voice in their heads saying "Hi")
Lahz wrote:(OOC: Carl, let us know if you want any of these purchases reduced)

(OOC: I am OK with it. Just need the final sum.)
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

At Carl's indication, Lahz frowns for a few moments as he tries to focus (trying to consciously lower his Mind-Block Auto-Defense) and allow the Swords to try and make contact, "Although my emotions tend to be worn on my sleeve, my mind and thoughts are generally closed to the outside world ... that means it may be difficult for your swords to reach out to me in a pressure situation. I think a key phrase may be quicker and easier ... Maybe you could use something like 'the Dealer left 1 Joker in this deck' or something."

After the meeting he will re-approach Whisper "Based on how quickly we need to leave, I don't know about installing a major weapon system on your Mecha Knight. Working on alien technology can be very tricky (OOC: -30% penalty) ... it might be better to just install a secondary system to supplement its existing heavy fire-power. I think Wellington makes a monster of a shotgun that could be installed as a pistol-type weapon on the Mecha-Knight with just an augmented handle. If you load that with silver it should handle Werebeasts and others who need that silver-touch ... we can look at substitution of a major system after this mission. But I think that's the best we can do for now. Does that work for you? ..."


OOC: Whisper, this proposal is for the WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher (MercOps, Pg 100, 30k for the gun). It can hold 60 shotgun shells in a drum. The silver shotgun slugs are 400 credits, so that's 24k for 1 full load.

====== PROPOSED/If Approved by Whisper ======

If Whisper approves the secondary Shotgun/Sidearm route, Lahz will dispatch Ray to the Wellington Store to pick up a WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher (MercOps, Pg 100, 30k) and 120 Silver-Slug Shotgun Rounds (400 creds each), and 20 AP Wellington Grenades (500creds each). When the bot returns, Ray will be directed to bring the receipt/bill to Whisper.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 62
PER: 1d20+5 = 13

Erg wrote:Than as another idea comes to him .. Erg ask Vheld .. "Vheld , are your minions mystically bound to you or just anybody who looks like you or possesses your body?"

Vheld frowns, disquieted at the mention of possession. Let's hope our quarry does not attempt a direct psychic attack. "They are bound to my will. It's possible another could command them through direct mind control over myself, but I doubt an impostor or possessing force would be sufficient." Let us hope we never have to find out for sure.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby SNAFU » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Day of Departure.

By the late morning of the next day, the various purchases have been made: ammunition, explosives and a side-arm for Whisper. (For all the difference it makes, I'll NPC her acceptance if need be.) Lahz has just finished the mods he needs to do. All projects have been finished and obligations fulfilled.

Alfred reports that a message has arrived from the Guild. It is Lateen's instructions on how to facilitate your entry through the Collegiate's gates.

When you are ready to go; assemble in the Guild's inner courtyard.
SNAFU
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:31 pm

SNAFU wrote:A Dark God Visits
My influence on Earth is limited and I no longer have any agency there. Except for you, Vheldval, you and your comrades. Will you be my agents in this matter? As agreed I will return your familiar too you, and for each of your fellow warriors I will grant a similar boon, anything within my power. Do you agree?"
Carl wrote:
Vheld wrote:Once he and Lateen are finished, Vheld will return to the Haunt, head back down to the basement, and (assuming Carl and any other interested parties are on hand by now) use the pomegranate seed to summon Hades again.

Once Vheld arrives, Carl gathers the new members and goes to the summoning area; he lets the other members decide if they want to attend or not, but the first test of the new members is to stand before a god.

As he heads down towards the basement, Carl calls all members over the radio. "I have no idea how the payment of the boon will work, so if you want to accept it as a payment you should attend the meeting just in case you need to be present for it to be granted. Also I have no idea what the god can grant or what everyone wants, so if you are happy to not get whatever the god is offering, that is up to you, but if you want it, I advise you to attend the meeting."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vinograd » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 91
Conditions: Tongues (30 min'ish).

Vinograd isn't sure whether to be impressed or not, seeing as his last home was a acropolis like palace filled with pirates and slavers. Vinograd slowly follows Echo around as he shows the Haunt off to Minerva and himself. "It certainly is much cleaner than the last two places I resided in." inograd chuckles. "But one was a cave and the other was a slaver's den... so I guess I don't have much to go on." When Echo shows them their rooms, Vinograd snorts. "Gonna be a bit cramped in there." Vino says as a matter of fact versus criticism.

When Carl or Vheld retrieve Minerva and Vinograd, he follows along. "So now we meet the contract holder."
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 5 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 98

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Hopeful], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100 = 51

Lahz arrives back at the Haunt and heads up to his suite to clean up for a short while, then heads over to the Meeting room to meet up with Carl and Vheld.
His face seems strained and he radiates both a ragged sorrow and a near-desperate hope from his seat near the edge of whatever gathering, **A boon, a favor from a God of Death ... is it possible? Could we be together again? ... Maybe I could leave it all behind.**
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13 (Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 8 , 1d100 = 94

Erg wrote:If asked or invited to , Erg will attend. If he does attend , Erg attends as a spectator (and postpone the bellow until afterward).


Carl wrote:Carl calls all members over the radio. "I have no idea how the payment of the boon will work, so if you want to accept it as a payment you should attend the meeting just in case you need to be present for it to be granted. Also I have no idea what the god can grant or what everyone wants, so if you are happy to not get whatever the god is offering, that is up to you, but if you want it, I advise you to attend the meeting."


Once Erg hears this call , he immediately goes to attend the meeting. He will postpone the other intended actions until afterward.

Erg waits (a little impatiently) for Vheld and Carl as most senior members to make actions, contact, etc.

Erg passes the time until then by tinkering with Techno-Wizard design ideas on his holographic personal computer watch. Once it's time, Erg saves his work, and turns it off, to give his undivided attention.

If this works out, it will be soo great. The insight into conversion between mystic energy, spacial energy, and temporal energy, in and of itself would be a fantastic advancement to my research. It would also give the extremely useful side effect to vastly increase how fast I could get other work done.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 3, Original post: 1d100 = 7
PER: Original post: 1d20+8 = 27


Vheld's first stop will be to his room in the second-to-uppermost level of The Haunt. With a quiet smile to himself as Sil curls up in one corner, Vheld directs Brokswa to set the chest in another corner. If the pomegranate seed Vheld used to commune with Hades was not consumed by their latest attempt, Vheld will set it on the floor next to the chest. He will then inscribe a small, greater circle of protection around them both and energize it- under the theory that he will be able to keep it continuously active by re-activating the circle between missions.

That done, his eyes catch a series of parchments and learning materials that he purchased from the guild some weeks ago. Remembering his promise to Vinograd, Vheld sorts through them- discarding two high-level spells that the dragon can save for later, Vheld gathers a series of materials for various minor cantrips appropriate for Vino's skill level that the dragon may find useful. Gathering them up, Vheld then leaves his room in search of Vinograd.

Spells for Vino
Blinding Flash
Cloud of Smoke
Globe of Daylight
Cloak of Darkness
Invisibility: Simple
Charismatic Aura
Seal


When he finds the dragon, Vheld unceremoniously shoves the pile of spell books at him. "For you to begin your studies. Some you may already know- these are all rather low-level spells, but quite useful nonetheless. Return these materials to me when you have completed your studies. We can discuss giving you something more... challenging at that time."

With his business at the Haunt now concluded, Vheld will hop on Bel'Dar to do a little shopping. First stop is a place where he can get some junk to serve as the physical shell for some talismans.

((--> Flea market))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vinograd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 41
Conditions: None.

Once Hades has left the Haunt, Vinograd leaves the summoning area to find a space to relax. Winding up in the common area Vino curls up and lies down for a nap before Vheld shows up.

Vheld wrote:When he finds the dragon, Vheld unceremoniously shoves the pile of spell books at him. "For you to begin your studies. Some you may already know- these are all rather low-level spells, but quite useful nonetheless. Return these materials to me when you have completed your studies. We can discuss giving you something more... challenging at that time."


Vinograd blinks a few times at the small pile of books that have been dropped on him. "Thanks." Vinograd says as Vheld rushes off to do Vheld things. Vinograd shrugs and begins to paw through the books handed to him, making a quick mental note of which spells were given, setting aside the ones he already knows, which was a relatively small pile. Nice... My spell knowledge will be great. Vinograd thinks with an audible chuckle that would likely elicit a look from people nearby. Vino decides to shift forms in the common area, which if someone is embarrassed by nudity, would likely cause a scene, not that Vino cares. He quickly pulls his clothes from his back pack and dresses before replacing the clothes with the books and throwing the bag over his shoulder. Vino heads upstairs to his room and empties the contents of the bag on the bed provided. I think I need to redecorate, This human furniture is unapealing. Vino thinks to himself as he closes the door to his room to make a trip out into the world.

<<Mages Guild>>
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 am

Perception: 1d20 = 20+3=23 (Nat 20)
JiC: 1d100 = 6 // 1d20 = 6

Echo returns from One Eyed-Jacks and immediately seeks out Carl in the Haunt. When he finds Carl, he will remove his helmet and address the leader of the Spook Squad.

"Carl, there is business I must attend to that; it is regarding the Black Pass that Lord Hades granted me. I will be out of contact for two months." Echo states and, not being 100% with Thanatos adds "If you don't hear from me within two months, lock me out of the Haunt's Security Systems as a precaution. I do not know the specifics yet, but if what I am told is true then this trip of mine will only benefit the Spook Squad.

Also, I request that you hold any personal earnings in monetary form I earn forward. That artifact might make holding cash a bit more difficult. "
Echo remarks, and assuming Carl has no issues, will depart to the drop point.

Note: Echo will order the Power Armor to be delivered to the Guardians of Merc-town so he can pick it up immediately when he returns.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 28

Whisper returns to the Haunt quietly but confidently, slipping out of the main area back to her room. After a long shower and a hot meal, Lily has a restful sleep for once, trying to recover from everything that's happened recently.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 11
JIC D20:1d20 = 1; D100: 1d100 = 21

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)
Echo wrote:"Carl, there is business I must attend to that; it is regarding the Black Pass that Lord Hades granted me. I will be out of contact for two months." Echo states and, not being 100% with Thanatos adds "If you don't hear from me within two months, lock me out of the Haunt's Security Systems as a precaution. I do not know the specifics yet, but if what I am told is true then this trip of mine will only benefit the Spook Squad.

Also, I request that you hold any personal earnings in monetary form I earn forward. That artifact might make holding cash a bit more difficult. "
.

Carl turns toward Echo,"Sure, no problem, but if we do not hear from you within three months, we are selling your stuff and giving your room to one of the newbies."

When the new members are available, Carl show them to a room and then take them around to each of the golems to ensure that they will not be attacked, but does not give them control of any of the security systems. "You are in the system, which allows you to move around the Haunt freely, but do not bring anyone into the Haunt without asking one of the other members because although the system will register you, you have not yet been given permission to access it. You are currently only probational members until we get to know you better; if everything works out you will be upgraded to official members, but until that time your access to the Haunts features will be limited." He then takes them back to their rooms, "Welcome to the squad, these are you assigned rooms. You can live in them or live anywhere in the city you choose, at your own expense, of course. Just a warning, there are video cameras everywhere in the Haunt except your rooms and the summoning area, so anything you do outside of your rooms will be recorded." Carl leave them to do whatever they want and head down to the training room for a little exercise/practice.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 80

Minerva smiles and takes in the introduction to the Haunt. "Finalmente, un lugar para llamar hogar. Excuse me, I meant to say in English. Finally, a place to call home. I was running for a while. It is nice to have a room. First, I will put my things away. Then I will go to bank to deposit money and then see this wonderful city you have brought me to." Minerva heads to whichever room they assign her and hangs up her things before heading out toward MercTown State Bank.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20
JiC D100: 1d100

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Ecstatic], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100

Lahz's first couple days blur together into a joyous, then anxious haze. The overprotective father launches first into the process of overhauling the Tiger Borg, soon to be Tiger Bot for whom he has not picked out a name.

He plans first to install/upload the Artificial Intelligence obtained from a Triax bot he has acquired into both the Tiger and Ray. This (IQ 15) should make them amply capable assistants.

His subsequent tasks are outlined here:
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 6#p1346246

Lahz's most relevant skills are:.
Radio: Basic 103%
Computer Operation 103%
Computer Repair 83%
Computer Programming 83%
Mechanical Engineering 78%
Robot Mechanics 73%
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 97%
Read Sensory Equipment 83%
W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons
Weapons Engineer 78%
Electrical Engineer 78%
Robot Electronics 71%
Cryptography 60%
Electronic Countermeasures 51%

He plans to use the Ship-Break-Down as a long-term camping trip/vacation where he, his and a growing cadre of Bots will handle the monumental task of breaking the Splugorth craft down.

OOC: At the moment he does not have Robots rented for a sufficient timeframe to complete, however after a split is decided with the Team and he can get a couple salvage shipments sold, he should be able to use his cut to finance completing the Project.

After 2-3 nights at the Haunt, once some initial projects are completed (at least Kaiya's Dog), Lahz will assign a Hover-Camera to watch Kaiya along with 2-3 other AIs, and take his wife out for a Couple's-Night at a Palace Casino suite [[fade to Black]] ...
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 88

After Erg finishes with his shopping he returns to the Haunt.

There he deposits his new items in his room for the moment.

Then, he looks for Vhled.

If-Find-Vhled
Erg approaches him and says, "Do you have time to work with me on that project design for Carl we discussed a bit before the last mission?"


If-NoFind-Vheld
Erg begins to prepare for some of his own projects he wanted to work on. I'll make some entries in the Tinker thread for review shortly for them. 1st priority is to full fill his obligation to Carl. Which requires Vheld.


In either event Erg will be using the Merctown ley lines to gather and super charge store up his mystic PPE reserves in preparation. Erg intends to use his new 'Time-Hole' spell in order to greatly expedite/reduce the amount of 'merctown-time' either of the above will use. That prep ( @ about ~40 PPE per Minute ) should only take Erg a few ~7 minutes.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 82

After a day or so of recovering, Lily decides that she's been cooped up in the Haunt long enough, and goes through three hours of washing, plucking, waxing, and exfoliating. Then she gets changed into her tightest, littlest black dress, highest heels, finds the three spirits and asks which one is a better shot.

While they argue amongst themselves, she manages to sneak off, and head out to Firewaters (180). For this excursion, she carries a purse which, among other things, holds her non-secure black card (3000 credits) and her non-secure universal card (17 800 credits), CFT pistol(s) and wears her Naruni force field belt.
OOC Comments
extra ammo she carries is two clips for the pistols and one e-clip for the force field
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 10
JIC D20: 1d20 = 3; D100: 1d100 = 90

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy Talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)

Carl continues practicing with several different weapons including his swords, spear, pistol, shurikens, unarmed, and a laser rifle that he removed from the weapons rack. He simulated using the shadow travel ability of his new armor in a combat situation and he also uses it to travel from the practice room to his living quarters, which he will now keep a corner of the room permanently in the dark. Whenever Vheld returns, Carl ask him to recharge his 'Energy Talisman' whenever he has time.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Rolls Carried

Erg wrote:Then, he looks for Vhled.

In either event Erg will be using the Merctown ley lines to gather and super charge store up his mystic PPE reserves in preparation. Erg intends to use his new 'Time-Hole' spell in order to greatly expedite/reduce the amount of 'merctown-time' either of the above will use. That prep ( @ about ~40 PPE per Minute ) should only take Erg a few ~7 minutes.


Having not found Vehld yet but finished charging up .. Erg excuses himself from the group, "I'm going to my room to work for a little bit, If you see Vheld tell him, I'm looking for him."

Up in his room Erg casts time-hole , he uses the door as the tech focus item as a doorway into a time-hole, to avoid techno-wizard casting penalties. Inside Erg works on his force field Techno-wizard design/schematic. After 12 hours inside, 2 hours have passed mectown time. Having successfully completed his schematic design .. Link
SNAFU wrote:Accomplished
.. Erg cancels the remaining duration of his time hole spell , and exits back out the door into the haunt.

Than he looks around again to see if Vheld has returned yet to the haunt.
If not , Erg goes to the guild to order his supplies, (estimated as ~$61,000)... copied in shopping thread.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Erg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:21 am

Rolls Carried

Erg wrote:Than he looks around again to see if Vheld has returned yet to the haunt.
If not , Erg goes to the guild to order his supplies, (estimated as ~$61,000)... copied in shopping thread.


When Erg returns from shopping for his TW-ForceField parts , He again looks to see if Vheld has returned and is available.
If he hasn't, Erg goes to his room and uses his new spell 'Dimensional Pockets' BoM-p.247. Using the right front pocket of his pants as the focus to avoid TW casting penalties, Erg crates a 'Long Term' mystic pocket there -140 PPE (bigger on the inside). Duration 6 months per level x Erg is Lv7 = 42months. This gives the benefit of 30lbs of stuff Erg can bring with him, without having to carry that weight himself, and the size of the objects put into the pocket can be bigger than the pocket itself actually is (up to a full back pack's worth). And as a bonus, normal people reaching inside will only find a normal pocket, not any of Erg's stuff he put there. :D Erg then loads the is extra Vehicle Stopper rounds (51 of them) into this mystic pocket.

Once that is completed, Erg again makes use of the proximity of the merctown ley line to replenish his own reserves (the 140 he just spent @~40 per minute = just a bit over 3 minutes .. Then Erg starts to overfill his mystic reserves again back up to the 3x top , another ~7 minutes).

Once all that is done .. Erg will make one more look around to see if Vheld has returned yet .. If not .. Erg gathers all his parts he bought for the TW-ForceField and again Makes use of his room's door as a doorway into a Time-Hole he casts .. Inside he would begins to work on completing the project .. will make update post to tinker thread shortly.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

PreviousNext

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest