Naruni Enterprise Building (21)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Naruni Enterprise Building (21)

Postby Merchant of Death » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Naruni Enterprises is Located in 'The HUB', outside the Bazaar itself.
It appears here in the Arms Bazaar for site navigation purposes only.

Business Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm

The ultra-modern 8-story building is home to Naruni Enterprises' corporate offices for the planet. The first two stories of the building are transparent to showcase all the wonders of Naruni equipment for purchase inside. Security is absolutely airtight as alien cyborgs roam the grounds in intermittent & random sweeps... vigilantly scanning for trouble.

Common pricing questions:

CUSTOMIZATION: add 50-100% to regular cost of total purchase price

K-HEX
There are no natural deposits of Killaryte anywhere on Rifts Earth. This crystal is native to the Three Galaxies, and the only way to obtain it on Earth is to purchase K-HEX from Naruni Enterprises. Note: Availability on Earth, even from Naruni Enterprises, is poor at best and dealers sometime increase the selling price by 50-200%.

Force Fields for Installation into an EBA or PA--Keep yourself safe in the field!
N-F10A Light Force Field―45 M.D.C. protection ☞ 40,000 credits
N-F20A Medium Force Field―75 M.D.C. protection ☞ 60,000 credits
N-F40A Heavy Force Field―110 M.D.C. protection ☞ 120,000 credits
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field―160 M.D.C. protection ☞ 200,000 credits
--Cost for Installation into a Suit of Armor: 30-40,000 credits

For Installation into an RCV--Protect your investment and the paint job!
N-F10A Light Force Field―90 M.D.C. protection ☞ 800,000 universal credits
N-F20A Medium Force Field―150 M.D.C. protection ☞ 1.2 million universal credits
N-F40A Heavy Force Field―220 M.D.C. protection ☞ 2.4 million universal credits
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field―320 M.D.C. protection ☞ 4 million universal credits

NE Personal Protection--When you have to have the absolute best!
NE-CS I Cermalyte Black Nightsuit―12,000 universal credits
NE-BA-20 "Stalker" Partial Body Armor―25,000 universal credits
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor―90,000 universal credits
NE-BA-30 Light Combat Armor―55,000 universal credits
NE-BA-40 "Infantry" Medium Body Armor―110,000 universal credits
NE-BA-50 "Raider" Heavy Body Armor―160,000 universal credits
NE-BA-55 "Super-Soldier" Exoskeleton―380,000 universal credits

Types of Plasma Cartridges
NE-001PC "Light" Plasma Cartridge: Damage: 3D6 M.D., Cost: 15 credits each or 1200 credits of a box of 96.
NE-002PC "Medium" Plasma Cartridge: Damage: 5D6 M.D., Cost: 20 credits each or 1700 credits for a box of 96.
NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridge: Damage: 1D4x10 M.D., Cost: 30 credits each or 2600 credits for a box of96.
NE-004PC "Heavy" Plasma Cartridge: Damage: 1D6x10 M.D., Cost: 75 credits each or 7000 credits for a box of 96.
NE-005PC "Super-Heavy" Plasma Cartridge: Damage: 2D4x10 M.D., Cost: 150 credits each or 13,000 for a box of 96.
I buy all weapons, I sell most weapons, and I can use any weapons.
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master

Re: Naruni Enterprise Building (21)

Postby Erg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:11 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC:1d20 = 1 , 1d100 = 96

On one of Erg's few breaks (that he isn't sleeping) during his work to re-design and fabricate his MAD 2.0 device ... Erg stops by the Naruni store.

Worth a look I guess. They are one of the few places that might have a mundane version of the tools I'm looking for. I guess I could also check with Triax Industries. They also have a good reputation. If I can't find a mundane version, I guess I know what my next project will be after this up coming mission is over.

Erg casually and patiently walks into the store. He casually looks at the displays. Moving from one to the next.

no ... no ... no ... Interesting , but no ... no ...

To any trained salesman it is clear Erg is looking for something specific , and it isn't any of these common items on display.

- - - - - - -

If no salesman approaches Erg .. once he has done a basic casual sweep of the store displays, Erg finds a salesperson himself .. or a costumer service desk.

"Excuse me sir. I'm an scientist and engineer. I'm looking for multitasking reconfigurable tools and sensors that are small and light enough for me to easily carry and use them in the field for engineering and scientific work."

- - - - - - -
OOC:
What Erg is thinking of ... Trying to describe .. is something like the 'Multitool' in ... RDB2 p.143
Erg would also like a sensor 'package' program expansion added in as well to the normal 'tool box' type of tools it can normally reconfigure into ... so if he wants a thermometer it can reconfigure into one .. if he wants a moisture meter it can reconfigure into one .. if he wants a metal detector it can reconfigure into one ... etc ... of course reconfiguring takes a little time ... and it can only be in the form of one thing at a time.

I figured Erg has not personally been to the 3 galaxies to be able to know of and ask directly for such a tool ... or the customized upgraded sensor programming package... But that is the basic concept of what he is thinking of.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Major Arcana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 am

The little salesman looks at Erg as if he has two heads. The salesman walks over to one of the cases that Erg already looked in and pulls out what looks like a metal bar with a drill grip. He walks back over to Erg and says ”This will do the tools.. Watch..” The salesman grips the handle and says ”Hammer..... 2 millimeter torx wrench..... wire cutter...... torch...... off” Each time he speaks, the item in his hand seems to come alive like living sand and form itself into the tool named then back to the bar on a grip.

The salesman looks back at Erg and says This is a multi-tool. It is programmed with five hundred of the the most common and useful tools. Practically a mechanic set in one item. The standard unit runs one hundred thousand. It will not do scientific implements... but for an extra fee, I could expand the memory and program the specifications into the tool. It is not easy, so it is not cheap... especially as hard as it is to get these things here and keep them in stock as it is... The salesman looks at Erg as though he is waiting to be paid.
Major Arcana

Postby Erg » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20(+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 6 , 1d100 = 82

Major Arcana wrote:He walks back over to Erg and says ”This will do the tools.. Watch..” The salesman grips the handle and says ”Hammer..... 2 millimeter torx wrench..... wire cutter...... torch...... off” Each time he speaks, the item in his hand seems to come alive like living sand and form itself into the tool named then back to the bar on a grip.

The salesman looks back at Erg and says This is a multi-tool. It is programmed with five hundred of the the most common and useful tools. Practically a mechanic set in one item. The standard unit runs one hundred thousand. It will not do scientific implements... but for an extra fee, I could expand the memory and program the specifications into the tool. It is not easy, so it is not cheap... especially as hard as it is to get these things here and keep them in stock as it is... The salesman looks at Erg as though he is waiting to be paid.

Erg watches as the tool reconfigures , and then listens as the salesman comments:

While thinking : Exactly the kind of concept I was thinking of ... but only mechanics's tools .. Other instruments would be an additional fee .. Above and beyond the $100,000 base price.

Says: "Thank you. That is similar to what I had in mind. But, $100,000 is extremely high for just mechanic's tools. That's like ten times the price of just buying all those tools."

Slight pause as if thinking it over.

"Is that really your best price , and what kind of additional price and lead time are you estimating to do the upgrade work?"

Erg waits for the salesman's reply.

Erg might be trying to play the role of a hesitant buyer. Hoping to get a better deal. It is very much the kind of thing he wanted. Especially with the upgrade. Erg's only real hesitation is that he just can't afford to pay that much.

Thinking Story of my life .. hopefully working for the spooks will help with this perpetual funding issue impairing my work."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Major Arcana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 pm

The salesman looks at Erg as if he is the rudest person he has ever met. ”Hrumph... Laddy... this thing is not manufacture here... they come from a far away place... so far away it is not this planet... so Yeah... One Hundred Thousand is the best price I am willing to sell it for... You want to go with all the tools for cheaper.. Fine, have fun lugging all that around.”

The salesman smirks at the idea of Erg carrying around that many tools. He shakes his head a little and says. ” As for the upgrade... that would be another seventy-five thousand... would only take me a couple of days to upgrade the memory capacity... as for the programming... well, that would depend on how long it took to get the schematics for what you want it to do. Once I have those schematics, it would take me another week or so to program it. So... should I ring you up and start working on it?”
Major Arcana

Postby Erg » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:55 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 7 , 1d100 = 51

Major Arcana wrote:"should I ring you up and start working on it?”

Erg gives an unhappy frown :(
$100k +$75k and 2 to 3 weeks ... hmmm ... I don't have that much ... but if I did ... I wonder how far off that (price and time) is from a paying other wizard to assist me in just making a TW version?

"Not yet. I want to shop around first, and see what others have to offer. I'll be in touch"

Erg turns to leave. He has to head to the local wizard guild anyway for the MAD work.

Collegate Arcane @ Mystic Quarter
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bogdan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 83

Using his new staff as a walking stick, Bogdan enters the Naruni building and emits a low whistle at the variety of equipment on display. He browses from rack to rack, spending most of his time by the armor and pistol areas.
Bogdan

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Bogdan wrote:Using his new staff as a walking stick, Bogdan enters the Naruni building and emits a low whistle at the variety of equipment on display. He browses from rack to rack, spending most of his time by the armor and pistol areas.

An unusual looking fellow wearing a jumpsuit of sorts approaches him. There is a logo on the jumpsuit which matches the one Bogdan saw when approaching this showroom.

A fine assortment, isn't it, sir? Dabuk is my name, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, or make your perusal of the entire Naruni Enterprises catalog easier.

It takes only a moment for Bogdan to realize the fellow has no mouth in evidence, and has been speaking to him telepathically.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Bogdan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 25

Bogdan starts when he realizes Dabuk communicates telepathically but then mentally shrugs. It's not like I don't have other voices in my head already. I am not in your head. I have my own residence, thank you very much. I just try and help you make good decisions; although as much as you ignore me, I wonder why I try. Clearing his throat, the wizard checks of points on the fingers of his free hand as he speaks, "Thank you, Dabuk; your displays are rather overwhelming. Hopefully you can help me finish my shopping. I need some survival gear, hopefully all in a single pack, some modicum of armor that won't interfere with my casting of spells, and a pistol, preferably not one too bulky."
Bogdan

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:01 pm

A consummate salesman, Dabuk walks Bogdan around the store and shows off to him each relevant section to suit his needs. Almost as if by magic, a light hover platform appears by Dabuk's side which follows him, and on which he places one of each item of which he makes note.

"The NE-09SP Survival Pack will definitely fill your needs for survival gear, sir. It holds everything you could possibly need for travel in the wilds."

"The N-F10A is our most affordable force field--those never interfere with spellcasting--but aside from that, only the NE-CS1 Nightsuit can meet your special needs for magical non-interference as it's made of Cermalyte fabric; all other Naruni armors offer exceptional protection better than anything else on the market, but will impede your casting."

"The NE-H10 Plasma Derringer and NE-2L Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol are both perennial favorites for both low cost and high efficacy in tight situations. The NE-3 Slim-Line 'Gambler' Revolver is a hot seller for being economical, deadly, and offering Naruni's own distinct aesthetic appeal. If you're tastes are more provincial, our NE-Classic Earth Series Handguns replicate the look and feel of your native firearms, but pack a punch by using our unique plasma cartridges instead of primitive, conventional ammunition."

NE-09SP Survival Pack: 2,500 Universal Credits
N-F10A Light Force Field: 40,000 Universal Credits
NE-CS1 Cermalyte Black Nightsuit: 12,000 Universal Credits
NE-H10 Plasma Derringer: 10,000 Universal Credits
NE-2L Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol: 10,000 Universal Credits
NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver: 15,000 Universal Credits
Our NE-Classic Earth Series Handguns: 12,000 Universal Credits for revolvers and 22,000 Universal Credits for pistols
Augur
Admin

Postby Bogdan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 46

The Russian nods as the salesman displays his wares. By the time they reach the checkout area, Bogdan has filled the hover platform with the NE-09SP Survival Pack, both the N-F10A Light Force Field and the NE-CS1 Cermalyte Black Nightsuit and the .38 caliber snub nose revolver version of the Classic Earth Handgun Series with 200 rounds for it. For a moment, he reconsiders the night suit but then shrugs. "Better safe than sorry, no? I think this will complete my order, Dabuk. I thank you for your help." Once their transaction is complete, the mage gathers his purchases and exits to consider his next stop.

((The Arms Bazaar - Shooters))
Bogdan

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Bogdan's purchases are tallied and H4H's account debited. Dabuk wishes Bogdan a good day and safe travels, and to come back again anytime he has material needs.

Sales Total wrote:NE-09SP Survival Pack: 2,500 Universal Credits
N-F10A Light Force Field: 40,000 Universal Credits
NE-CS1 Cermalyte Black Nightsuit: 12,000 Universal Credits
Our NE-Classic Earth Series Handguns: 12,000 Universal Credits
(2) Ammo boxes of 96 rounds each (NE-001PC "Light" Plasma Cartridges): 2400 Universal Credits

Total Cost: 68,590 Universal Credits
Augur
Admin

Postby Whisper » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10.
Just in Case d20: [dice ]1d20 [/dice];JIC d100: 1d100 = 16

Lily enters the bright, well - kept building, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone while looking for a Naruni employee. She approaches the first one she comes across with some hesitation.

She speaks so softly, even the ambient sound of the building drowns out her inquiry. "Excuse me. Um. I, uh, found this. I mean. ..I was given this by a guard at the gate..."
Lily 's voice trails off as she pulls out the scrap of paper she was given.

I need a drink. , Lily thinks as the Naruni employee considers her.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Major Arcana » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 am

A short, gray haired man in a blue suit looks at Lily with a lifted eyebrow. He says ”I am sorry miss. What was that? Either I am losing my hearing, or you need to speak up.” The man watches her with some suspicion.
Major Arcana

Postby Whisper » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:55 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 10;JIC d100: 1d100 = 39

Holding up the scrap of worn paper she has, Lily repeats herself a little louder, with annoyance creeping into her tone.

"A guard...at the city gates...gave me this." Lily says, a little louder, trying not to blush. I hate speaking in front of all these people., she thinks.

"It says there's an in town delivery job."
Though her clothes are shabby and she's small, her eyes have the hardened look of a killer. I'd be surprised if he can't smell the (figurative) blood on my hands.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Major Arcana » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:22 pm

The man nods and says ”Ah yes.. the delivery. Yes, we have a package that was supposed to be delivered a while back... unfortunately there was a mix up in the paper work and was not corrected until recently. Of course our normal delivery guys are out on a different assignment to pick up some of our more exotic items.” He shrugs before continuing. ”Now, I am sure, since you are here; you want to know the bottom line of this job.”

He walks over to a shelf behind one of the counters and pulls out a box big enough to carry a large rifle. The box is sealed and has Naruni Enterprises stamped on the side. He looks back to Whisper and says ”The job is to deliver this box to one Sir Thorn of The Spook Squad mercenary group. He and his group reside in a place called The Haunt over in the Hub. I can provide exact directions if necessary. The job pays five thousand universal credits up front... however there are some stipulations. We must safeguard our interests and customers, after all. Would you be interested in this simple delivery job?”
Major Arcana

Postby Whisper » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:22 pm

((rolls held))

Come now, when is a job ever simple? Did he say Sir Thorn? A Cyber-Knight? Or maybe a Mystic Knight., thinks Lily. She hardly hesitates a moment, however, before saying, "Yes."

Lily lets her single syllable answer hang for a moment before asking, "What sort of stipulations are there? I've heard of the Spooks, they aren't to be messed with."

This box he wants delivered is kinda conspicuous. Why the hell would they stamp "Exotic Weapons, Please Hijack" on the side? Jesus.

Although curious as to the box's contents, Lily voices her concerns rather bluntly.
"Can we make this box look more innocuous? As great as the Naruni logo is, it's like saying "steal me" to any street trash able to read."

I think I'd better contact Brath. I need some personal kit. Body armor and guns especially. Fuck. I hate owing anyone.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Major Arcana » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 pm

The man smiles at Whispers catch of his wording. He pulls out a small bracelet with a locking mechanism. He says ”You will have to wear this. It is a tracking device with a remote controlled micro-explosive. We will allow one hour for delivery before aggressive actions are taken. Once you deliver the package, have Sir Thorn contact us on our radio frequency. We will then send out the signal to deactivate and unlock the bracelet. You can return it at a later date for one hundred credits towards any purchase... or you can keep it... or whatever.”

At being questioned about covering the logo the man nods and says ”I planned to wrap it in plain brown paper. I understand your trepidation. If anything were to happen to the package en route, you are to contact us immediately. We will then do an investigation.”
Major Arcana

Postby Whisper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 46

Lily looks at the bracelet incredulously.
You want me to strap a bomb to my arm? What if something sets it off by accident? I can't grow a new arm.

Her cockiness wins out, however, and she simply says "Fine.", but then adds, "There had better be a clause in your contract for accidental injury."

I guess Brath will have to wait. One hour isn't much time. All the same, Lily will attempt to contact Brath and set up a meeting with him later on to try and acquire some basic gear.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Major Arcana » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:53 am

The man smiles and nods. He quickly wraps the box up in brown paper and tapes it up. He hands Whisper a universal credit card and the bracelet. Once she has it on, he hands her the package. He says ”There is only a point zero zero one percent chance of an accidental detonation. However; provided you survive, Naruni will handle any medical expenses to put you back together. Now hurry along... maybe you can luck into a better job there. Who knows?” He looks at his watch and nods to himself before turn away.

Whisper thinks of contacting Brath, but it dons on her that she has no radio and no phone on her. She realizes it would not be the best idea to carry the package into gang territory.

(OOC – Credits added to character sheet. If you plan to find a way to contact Brath on the way to The Haunt, please include such in your next post.)
Major Arcana

Postby Whisper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:03 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 64

Okay, I think I know where the Spooks have their hangout. Nice guy to give me directions. Maybe I can still get him to gimmie a phone call so I can call Brath.

Before accepting the package, Lily looks at the sales rep and bats her eyelashes several times, leaning in and suggestively saying, "You know, I'd be reeeeeally grateful if you could let me make a quick call to one of my friends." ((Seduction 1d100 = 57/26%;fail))

Since her attempt fails, Lily will take the package, shrug her shoulders and say, "Thanks anyway.", before nonchalantly exiting the building and heading to the Haunt. She plans to walk past the edge of the Warrens to see if she can spot a lookout for the Greenskins. If she can, then she can get a message to Brath to meet in the Arms Bazaar. ((Streetwise 1d100 = 25/28%;pass)) Lily knows that the Greenskins and most of the gangs in the Warrens keep a lookout just in case the authorities decide to come through.

Otherwise, Lily keeps a brisk but unassuming pace on her walk to the Haunt.
The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Murdoc » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Percep: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 17

On the way back to base, Murdoc swings in and nods to the salesman as he places the TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton up on the counter and eyes the price list. Nodding to himself, he asks for the N-F20A Medium Force Field to be installed in the exo-suit the says, "Deliver that to the Roughnecks base once its done." Then he settles up and heads home.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Murdoc wrote:Percep: Original post: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 9 Original post: 1d100 = 17

On the way back to base, Murdoc swings in and nods to the salesman as he places the TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton up on the counter and eyes the price list. Nodding to himself, he asks for the N-F20A Medium Force Field to be installed in the exo-suit the says, "Deliver that to the Roughnecks base once its done." Then he settles up and heads home.

"100,000 and Done"
SNAFU

Postby Erg » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12(+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 15 , 1d100 = 67

As Erg walks in ... he looks to see if the same clerk he talked to a few days ago is in ... if not he'll go over to the display case where the Multitool was.
RDB2 p.143

If he finds the same clerk.
"Hello again. I don't know if you remember me. We talked a few days ago. I am the one who asked about a customized Multitool. I think you had said about 2 weeks. Is that correct?"

If he doesn't find the same clerk,
"Hello. I spoke with someone here a few days ago about a customized Multitool. I've come back to work out the final details."

Ok .. So If I put a deposit down .. That will get this ball rolling while I am out on this up coming mission... I couldn't use the Jallus' rod on this mission anyway.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Erg wrote:"Hello again. I don't know if you remember me. We talked a few days ago. I am the one who asked about a customized Multitool. I think you had said about 2 weeks. Is that correct?"

The salesman sees many faces through an hour, let alone a day or two, but does recognize the individual who was iffy on the price. "Ah, Laddy, good to see you again. We still have the mechanics in stock and the memory would only be a few days, the rest of the time depends on the schematic of what you want."
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Erg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:33 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2(+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 8 , 1d100 = 87

Ace of Spades wrote:The salesman sees many faces through an hour, let alone a day or two, but does recognize the individual who was iffy on the price. "Ah, Laddy, good to see you again. We still have the mechanics in stock and the memory would only be a few days, the rest of the time depends on the schematic of what you want."

Again with the 'laddy' thing .. it's not important right now.

"Ok. As long as the finished product will preform as requested. To be able to reconfigure into all the normal complete tool box of tools , and also reconfigure into various scientific and engineering sensors as I need them. So if I want a thermometer it reconfigures into one , or an X-Ray detector , or Gama-ray detector, or voltage meter, or distance meter, etc.. etc. I can give you a complete list of sensors if you wish. I think it was 500 tools the base model could reconfigure into .. Did you want me to list 500 specific sensors for it to be able to reconfigure into?"
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 am

"No, no, Laddy. I got the gist of what yer looking for. It'll be about 10 days to do all the programming plus the two for the memory. Yer grand total will be 175,000... should I ring you up?" He asks with a slight smirk
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Erg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2(+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 12 , 1d100 = 71

Ace of Spades wrote:"No, no, Laddy. I got the gist of what yer looking for. It'll be about 10 days to do all the programming plus the two for the memory. Yer grand total will be 175,000... should I ring you up?" He asks with a slight smirk

Either he's trying to push my buttons with that 'laddy' thing .. and his smirk ... which is bad customer service and bad for business ... or .. He's just that clueless about the difference ... either way .. not worth correcting him right now.

"Yes , we have an agreement .. I'll put half down in advance .. and I'll pay you the other half when it's done and I've confirmed it performs as promised ... I have some business out of town .. that should give you the time you need to complete the work."

If agreed ... Erg offers his card for the half down advance .. $87,500... If not automatically given one , Erg will insist on some type of receipt before he leaves.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 pm

The man nods and says nothing else unless asked, still smiling, he takes his card and deducting 87,500. He will do documentation as is required by Naruni and offer a receipt showing possession and amount paid/owed.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Erg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:03 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8(+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 6 , 1d100 = 17

Ace of Spades wrote:The man nods and says nothing else unless asked, still smiling, he takes his card and deducting 87,500. He will do documentation as is required by Naruni and offer a receipt showing possession and amount paid/owed.

And again it's gone .. This funding of my work is such a chore .. I need to invent something and let the royalties just roll in to pay for my work .. hmmm .. yeah imagine 1 credit for every electric light ... haha.

Erg takes the receipt and casually walks back to Stormspire Link

Along the way there he will begin to consider his next project.
Sleeping and eating take up too much of my time .. about 1/3 of my life .. Imagine how much more I could get done in a year with another ~3,000 Hours to work on stuff :D ... hmm but .. I'm getting ahead of myself again ... first things first ... I have to go get the other half from Stormspire .. and I have to prepare for and than finish this mission alive .. and then paying Naruni will probably eat most of what will be left of my money .. soo I'll have to earn more money .. and do the research ... hmmm ... I am paid member of the collegate now ... and supposedly that gives me access to their library ... hmmm maybe I can do some of the research in advance... in my off time of course.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4, Original post: 1d100 = 53
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 18

Ronith walks in and finds a salesperson.

"Greetings. I recently lost my suit of NE-BA-26 body armor, and I would like to purchase a replacement. I am interested in the thermo-kinetic base armor, and would also like to purchase a number of the modular add-ons and have them installed. Can you quote me a price? Also, if I were to purchase two suits with identical features, would you be able to offer me any kind of discount?"

Specifically, Ronith is interested in the following features:
EBA Add-ons wrote:
    Weapons Package- Deluxe if available, basic otherwise
    Robotic Exoskeleton
    Built-in Force Field
    Integrated Sensor Pod
    Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers
    Mechanic's Package- with field computer (as opposed to the robotics tool kit)
    HUD
    Laser Distancer/Targeting
    Optics Enhancements
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Sun May 10, 2015 9:22 pm

The salesman is a slick, professional, and well-polished man in a solid black outfit wearing a gold neck tie. "Sir, you clearly know our catalog well, and your needs even better. Let me just make a tally here as I escort you over to a model we can have customized to your specifications." The salesman walks Ronith over to a suit hanging on a mannequin, and hands Ronith a datapad with the costs tallied on it. "You've asked for the best, and we aim to deliver it. This will be as close to a powered armor suit as one could desire, yet still at standard armor prices. If the price is agreeable, just slide your card through the top portion--yes, that's the card reader there--and we'll have this assembled and delivered to your compound by the morrow."

Total Cost: 263,600 credits

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• N-F20A Force Field: 75
Features:
• Thermo-Kinetic Armor
• HUD Visor
• Basic Weapons Package
• • Retractable energy blade (right forearm): 3D6 M.D.
• • Garrote Cord (left wrist): 4D6+P.S. bonus
• • Plasma Flamethrower: 200' range, 5D6 M.D., 20' AoE, 15 shots/E-clip
• • Utility Finger Laser: 1000' range, 2D6 M.D., 20 shots/E-Clip
• Robotic Exoskeleton
• • Robotic P.S. of 25, +4 to P.P., +20 to Spd., +10' to leaps, +10% to Climb skill, Reduces rate of fatigue by 75%
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field
• Laser Distancer/Targeting: +1 to strike with hand-held energy pistols, rifles, rail guns, etc. Maximum range: 2000'
• Optics Enhancements
• • Passive Nightvision: 3000' range
• • Telescopic: up to 20x magnification, one mile range)
• • Macro-lens: 6x magnification
• • Thermo-imager: 2000' range
• • Light polarization
• Integrated Sensor Pod
• • Motion detector and mini-radar with 360° scanning capability. Threats are indicated on me HUD visor by flashing red icons.
• • +3 to initiative, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +5 to roll w/impact
• • Allows wearer to dodge even attacks from behind and/or surprise
• Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers: +2 vs. psionic attacks and possession attempts and +1 vs. magic illusion and mind control.
• Mechanic's Package- with field computer (as opposed to the robotics tool kit)
• • #1 modular container: lock pick set and a lock release gun, roll of duct tape, and flashlight
• • #2 modular container: Portable Tool Kit
• • #3 modular container: Portable Field Computer
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills

OOC: If you want this armor, simply copy the coded text and allocate it where desired.

Code: Select all
[b]NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Armor%20PAs%20Robots/NE-BA-26-Special-Body-Armor.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location[/u]
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• N-F20A Force Field: 75
[u]Features:[/u]
• Thermo-Kinetic Armor
• HUD Visor
• Basic Weapons Package
• • Retractable energy blade (right forearm): 3D6 M.D.
• • Garrote Cord (left wrist): 4D6+P.S. bonus
• • Plasma Flamethrower: 200' range, 5D6 M.D., 20' AoE, 15 shots/E-clip
• • Utility Finger Laser: 1000' range, 2D6 M.D., 20 shots/E-Clip
• Robotic Exoskeleton
• • Robotic P.S. of 25, +4 to P.P., +20 to Spd., +10' to leaps, +10% to Climb skill, Reduces rate of fatigue by 75%
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field
• Laser Distancer/Targeting: +1 to strike with hand-held energy pistols, rifles, rail guns, etc. Maximum range: 2000'
• Optics Enhancements
• • Passive Nightvision: 3000' range
• • Telescopic: up to 20x magnification, one mile range)
• • Macro-lens: 6x magnification
• • Thermo-imager: 2000' range
• • Light polarization
• Integrated Sensor Pod
• • Motion detector and mini-radar with 360° scanning capability. Threats are indicated on me HUD visor by flashing red icons.
• • +3 to initiative, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +5 to roll w/impact
• • Allows wearer to dodge even attacks from behind and/or surprise
• Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers: +2 vs. psionic attacks and possession attempts and +1 vs. magic illusion and mind control.
• Mechanic's Package- with field computer (as opposed to the robotics tool kit)
• • #1 modular container: lock pick set and a lock release gun, roll of duct tape, and flashlight
• • #2 modular container: Portable Tool Kit
• • #3 modular container: Portable Field Computer
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Ronith » Mon May 11, 2015 5:58 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 2
PER: 1d20+9 = 12

Ronith nods. "I shall take it, thank you." The cyber-knight then pays, collects his new armor, and departs.

((-->MQ/Heroes' Haven))

((I have updated Ronith's character sheet but did not deduct credits. Please let me know if you'd like me to do so.))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Erg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 14 , 1d100 = 72

Prequel:
After the team finished the drop to finalize the last mission. Erg got paid. Now the fruits of his labor. Erg prints a copy of the receipt he was given for the previous 50% payment.
(Using the built in printer in his portable computer.)

Once again I'm on the + side of my research funding. Time to upgrade the apparatus. This is an expensive investment .. But .. It will greatly reduce my cargo burden in field work .. And .. This job might be lucrative , but it is definitely high risk and allot of field work.

- - - - - - - -

Present:
Erg enters the Naruni store. If he sees the same salesperson he will go to them. If not, he'll just approach the first salesman he sees that is not already busy with some other customer.

"Hello. I've come to check on an order I previously placed."
Erg offers the clerk the receipt copy if they need any order numbers and such from it to identify his specific order.

While waiting for a clerk .. or for the clerk to check on / or get his previous custom Multi-Tool order .. Erg skims the Naruni catalogs.

If he finds any or all of the bellow by the time the clerk comes back Erg would also like to inquire about the following items as well:

RDB2 p.143
2 Doses of Universal Antidote
2 Cans Metal-Spray armor repair epoxy
2 Restraint Dispenser
1 Holographic Personal Computer Watch .. (Also interested in any available Additional Engineering/Scientific reference data bases to have pre-loaded onto it.)

1 Portable Language Translator RUE p.262
Includes 9 Languages common to Americas .. Erg is also interested in adding the 3 additional languages .. and the supplemental disk for 12 more additional languages .. 24 total languages pre-loaded.

When/If the clerk return with the custom modifier Multi-Tool Erg asks about indicating in the catalog the other items listed above:
"What is your cost and lead time on these other items?"

- - - - -

$87,500 for the 2nd half of the custom upgraded Multi-Tool.

Around ~$40k Base price .. for the others + whatever additional mark up the Naruni adds on.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

[[Sorry Erg, your post got lost. Like I said, shoot me a PM if I miss it for more than 24hrs]]

Erg enters the Naruni store but is unable to spot the same associate as previously but notices that a new associate is very quick to assist him. Hello, sir, what can I do for you?" He asks and then Erg mentions the prior order and the associate nods. "Give me a moment." The associate looks down to an arm-based personal computer that appears to be linked to the Naruni inventory. After scrolling for a few moments, which Erg can tell, is through other custom based orders. The associate then nods to the Techno-Wizard and moves towards the back and Erg moves to one of the catalogs.

While sifting through the catalog, Erg notices several of the items he has on his purchase list is available at the Naruni Outlet according to the Catalog.
While looking at the prices, Erg can guestimate the following;
    [2] Doses of Universal Anti-Toxin (UAT) - 1000 per dose -- 2000cr total
    [2] Cans of Metal Spray armor repair epoxy - 4000 per can -- 8000cr total
    [2] Restraint Dispenser - 5000cr per model -- 10,000cr total
    [1]Holographic Personal Computer (HPC) Watch - 1500cr + 300cr for more advanced programs + 250 for a headjack accessory -- 2050cr total
    [1] Portable Language Translator -- 9600cr total
    Grand Total -- 31,650cr

As Erg finishes mentally tallying the total, the associate returns with a secured box under his arm "This one was finished yesterday evening. Your receipt and my logs show the same thing, stating you need to put down the other half of the payment. Are you ready to pay or is there something else you wish to look at as well, Sir?"
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Erg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 2 , 1d100 = 37

Ace of Spades wrote:[[Sorry Erg, your post got lost. Like I said, shoot me a PM if I miss it for more than 24hrs]]

OOC: No biggie .. I don't always check every 24 hours .. I would have PMed you today if you hadn't already posted.

Ace of Spades wrote:As Erg finishes mentally tallying the total, the associate returns with a secured box under his arm "This one was finished yesterday evening. Your receipt and my logs show the same thing, stating you need to put down the other half of the payment. Are you ready to pay or is there something else you wish to look at as well, Sir?"

Erg replies, "Yes there are a few other things I am interested in as well .. But, first things first .. I am prepared to pay the balance , after I confirm the device performs as promised. That was the agreement .. Please proceed with the demonstration." Assuming there are no issues .. Erg watches carefully as the custom Mutli-Tool functions as promised .. converting itself into various tools and sensors for engineering and scientific use. Absolutely Marvelous .. Assuming no issues Erg says, "Thank you. I am also interested in these other items in your catalog as well." Erg than points out the items to the clerk .. Erg is not interested in the head jack option for the HPC watch.

Assuming no issues .. Erg will pay the bill 87,500 +31,650 = $119,150
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:02 am

Erg wrote:"Yes there are a few other things I am interested in as well .. But, first things first .. I am prepared to pay the balance , after I confirm the device performs as promised. That was the agreement .. Please proceed with the demonstration."

The clerk nods with a smile and places the box on the desk, unlocking the clamps with some form of RFID that clicks before the Techno-Wizard can identify it. He pulls out the Multi-Tool and then slowly cycles through the different tool sets, beginning first with the basic mechanical tools and then displaying scientific tools. The clerk does not go through all of the different iterations however Erg gets the crash course and can see at the very least the tools he specifically requested. He paused and states "This Multi-Tool has the full download."

Presuming Erg has no further questions regarding the tool, Erg then pays the rest of the balance of 87,500cr and is offered the tool and the case it came in (decide how you wish to carry it). Once that transaction is finalized, the Techno-wizard thanks the clerk then points out the other items on his list to which the Clerk confirms his Erg's prior conclusion. "Ah, yes. These items are available. Would you be interested in adding the headjack to the HPC?" The clerk attempts to sale but Erg declines which does not slow him down a bit. "The total for these items will be 31,400cr." The clerk then runs Erg's card again and prints two separate receipts. One for the Multi-Tool showing it fully paid off, and the other for the items purchased.

Total deducted thus far: 87,500 + 31,400
-- Note: Price varied due to the decline of headjack accessory
Erg can guess that this clerk is new as there are no hidden rates that increased his price, and due to his reliance on the computer.
Please see the bottom of your equipment sheet and reallocate the items to the proper locations.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Erg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21 (+3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 7 , 1d100 = 83

(OOC: Thanks , :mrgreen: )

Ace of Spades wrote:Total deducted thus far: 87,500 + 31,400
-- Note: Price varied due to the decline of headjack accessory
Erg can guess that this clerk is new as there are no hidden rates that increased his price, and due to his reliance on the computer.
Please see the bottom of your equipment sheet and reallocate the items to the proper locations.

"I thank you sir. Have a good day."

Ace of Spades wrote:Presuming Erg has no further questions regarding the tool, Erg then pays the rest of the balance of 87,500cr and is offered the tool and the case it came in (decide how you wish to carry it).

Erg puts the HPCW on his wrist as a watch .. He puts the other items he bought into his Utility Belt pouches .. Erg puts the Custom Multi-Tool back in the case it came in , and carries it in hand.

Erg leaves the shop and heads back to The Haunt.
Erg Flux
Status
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:42 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 19+2=21 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines] = 24 :mrgreen:
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 39

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

Personal ISP: 43/181

Lahz (and possibly Whisper) wander in off the street with his Droid on his heels. The Psi-Tech looks over the Displays with a lingering eye, and he's not shy about touching display armors to get a feel for the craftsmanship and engineering. The Elf specifically checks out any Power Armor that is on display and will smile cheerfully at the salesman/person when he's approached, "Hi there. I'm interested in a Multi-Tool ... I have an associate who recently picked one up and it was damn cool looking ... do you have one that can handle becoming <<Insert List of top 25 Tools from Medium Robotics Kit [Robot Mechanics [63%]: 1d100 = 24, + Total Recall (-2 ISP if needed)] >>. We also need armor plating for use in repairing a Mecha Knight that has seen better days."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Ace of Spades » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:07 am

Just as before, when Lahz enters the storefront he can almost immediately identify an associate who is making a direct line to him. Not at all saying the store is slow by any means but it seems like every customer has an employee with them in some fashion. He approaches with a customary greeting "Welcome to Naruni, what can I do for you today?"

Lahz wastes no time and goes over the specifics, first the Multi-tool and then the Mecha-Knight repairs and the associate clasps his hands together with a smile. "Ah, I believe I recall the one you are referencing. I wasn't the associate, but I saw it's functionality and it did indeed look cool. I believe we still have the specifications on hand for such a device. The one your associate requested cost him nearly 160k credits. Would you want a similar model or were you looking to remove some of the scientific tools and keep it for computers and mechanics?" He asks and will await an answer.

Regardless of the answer, after that answer he will then reply to the Mecha-Knight question. "We can most certainly supply the knight with top-line Mecha Armor Plating that will arguably be better than before! How much were you looking to purchase? We can also provide you with a full diagnostic and free installation if you purchase the items here." The associate states, his smile never faltering.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:28 am

OOC: Because the tool comes with 500 tools already, I'm not sure if Lahz is looking for more. That was why I had him list off the 25 most important tools from the Robotics kit he relies on. It seemed like the best way to determine whether anything special was needed.

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 21 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 3

Robot Mechanics [63%]: 1d100 = 12
Robot Electronics [61%]: 1d100 = 26

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

Lahz maintains some motion so that he can continue to wander the showroom while the Salesman chats him up, "I think he had a bunch of tools that didn't interest me. My focus is on the mechanics and repairs. If you have a list, I'm glad to read through it to check whether everything I need is on it." [OOC: Based on prior roll he knows the tools I just need to either have the guy verify or provide a list of forms so Lahz can read through & check]. He is still interested in getting into proximity with a few devices with Force Fields installed.

At the offer by the salesman Lahz nearly misses a step, **Free install is actually a great deal!**

"That's a hell of a repair offer. What's your name? ... Nice to meet you [Name]. I think we need about ____ square feet of plating. Would you guys mind if I observed some of the plating replacement process? I handle field repairs and I really would like to make sure I am doing things right. Not the whole repair job or anything, but if I could get an idea, it would help with being able to do patchwork so that the overall Unit can keep functioning and get back here for the major repairs."

OOC: My understanding is that Whisper had ~200 MD damage, but I wasn't tracking her during the mission. Lahz did a system-eval before she turned it in to the Defenders up front @ the Gate.

Shopping List wrote:Multitool -- Rifts Dimension Book 2 p.143, 25,000 Credits, (500 Programmed shapes) + whatever markup for Name Brand :wink:
[5] MD Armor Plating -- MercOps Book Pg 118, 20,000creds + whatever markup for Name Brand :wink:

Lahz plan to pay for whatever charges are necessary to get the tool in shape as a full Medium-Robotics Kit [Bionics Book Pg 68].
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 24

Barric enters the door to Naruni Enterprises with quite the grin on his face. I've heard stories of Naruni's craftsmanship but I've never had the opportunity to use their wares for myself. Taking a few moments to browse all the merchandise, the Tokanii waits until he is approached by a salesman before speaking, "Hello there. I am interested in your personal force fields. Preferably the N-F20A. Are the belts adjustable to someone of my size? Also, is it possible to use the device as a utility belt such as this?" Barric finishes with a slight motion towards his own current belt.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 am

Lahz

The salesman accompanying Lahz looks gravely at him for a moment at the implied mention of the multitool. He then consults someone via text through his work tablet, then nods quietly to himself before speaking. "We can certainly provide you the necessary raw materials to affect your own field repairs. We have plenty to spare. As to the tool you're after, that's a pretty tall order. Our shop foreman rarely lets them go, and our receipts of such items are infrequent. He suggests a fair market price of a hundred thousand credits to purchase this tool."

Shopping List
[b]Multitool[/b]
[size=85]• This hand tool is the equivalent of a super-Swiss Anny Knife. It uses nano-technology to reconfigure a metal rod with a pistol grip into any of 500 programmed shapes, from a powered screwdriver to a bolt-c utter, hammer, chip-welder, pliers, drill , and many other tools, in every possible calibration. It can reach a length of 4', allowing the user to reach deep into engines. Having a multitool will give the owner almost the equivalent of a full mechanic's kit. The multitool can even be reconfigured into a weapon like a welder-ax that inflicts 2D6 M.D. in hand to hand combat! Multitools are powered by E-Clips or civilian batteries (the two models are not interchangeable; most adventurers prefer the former).[/size]

[b]M.D. Armor Plating[/b]
[size=85]• For use in construction of trenches, bunkers, pillboxes and similar fortifications, sheets of plating made from the same material as many body armors are available. These plates look like sheets of galvanized steel and are malleable enough that they can be bent or fitted into place.
Weight: 10 lbs. per 3'x5' sheet
M.D.C.: 20 per sheet[/size]

OOC: This material is not applicable to EBA/PA/RCV repairs.

Per GM's Guild:
200 credits per 1 M.D.C. is the material cost for PC-conducted repairs.

Sub-Total:
  • Multitool: 100,000 credits
  • Armor: 40,000 credits
Total: 140,000 Universal credits
Augur
Admin

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:44 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 22 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 83

OOC: Assuming the 200creds/MD is for plating useable on a PA.

Lahz nods at the Salesman calmly, "Ok well that seems fine ... based on that rate and availability, I'll take the Multi-tool with let's see [400 MD] worth of repair plating ... Ray ... you're up. More stuff to carry."

Shopping List wrote:Multitool [E-clip Model] -- 100,000 Credits
400 MD Armor Plating -- 80,000 credits

Barring complications, Lahz will thank him and head back to [[ the Haunt ]].
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Whisper » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 2

Whisper silently follows behind Lahz but speaks up when her armor is mentioned.
"Uh, it was down to 36%, not 50%.", she mutters, correcting the amount of material needed for repairs. Of course, she's willing to foot the bill.

Shyly, she also asks the salesman how much a force field would be to add to her suit; preferring the most powerful model available.
"So, um, can I get a forcefield added to my Mecha-Knight? How...uh...how much w-would that be?"
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby SNAFU » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Whisper wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+2 = 13
Just in Case d20: Original post: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: Original post: 1d100 = 2

Whisper silently follows behind Lahz but speaks up when her armor is mentioned.
"Uh, it was down to 36%, not 50%.", she mutters, correcting the amount of material needed for repairs. Of course, she's willing to foot the bill.

Shyly, she also asks the salesman how much a force field would be to add to her suit; preferring the most powerful model available.
"So, um, can I get a forcefield added to my Mecha-Knight? How...uh...how much w-would that be?"

We can add a super-heavy to your Mecha-Knight for 375, 000 credits and two days in the shop." answers the salesman.

Lahz wrote:Perception [+2]: Original post: 1d20+2 = 22 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 83

OOC: Assuming the 200creds/MD is for plating useable on a PA.

Lahz nods at the Salesman calmly, "Ok well that seems fine ... based on that rate and availability, I'll take the Multi-tool with let's see [400 MD] worth of repair plating ... Ray ... you're up. More stuff to carry."

Shopping List wrote:Multitool [E-clip Model] -- 100,000 Credits
400 MD Armor Plating -- 80,000 credits

Barring complications, Lahz will thank him and head back to [[ the Haunt ]].

"Thank you for dealing with Naruni Enterprises." The dealer concludes their business.

Barric Darkwind wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6 | Original post: 1d100 = 24

Barric enters the door to Naruni Enterprises with quite the grin on his face. I've heard stories of Naruni's craftsmanship but I've never had the opportunity to use their wares for myself. Taking a few moments to browse all the merchandise, the Tokanii waits until he is approached by a salesman before speaking, "Hello there. I am interested in your personal force fields. Preferably the N-F20A. Are the belts adjustable to someone of my size? Also, is it possible to use the device as a utility belt such as this?" Barric finishes with a slight motion towards his own current belt.

"Yes, we can produce a utility belt for your specifications and an N-F20A installed for 105, 000 credits." the dealer replies.
SNAFU

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:46 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 49

Barric nearly chokes on his breath when he hears that price, “105,000 credits!? That’s absurd. That’s nearly double the listed price! Why is the price so dramatically high?”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:46 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 8;JIC d100: 1d100 = 56

Lily nods, gives her credit chip over and says "Ring me up, I guess." She gives her contact information, the bay at the Gates that her Mecha-Knight is being kept and any other information needed for adding the force field to her unit.

Provided everything is taken care of, she then heads somewhere to get some alcohol. I need a drink so damn bad. Haven't gone without a swig for this long since that business along the CS border.

To the tavern!
Last edited by Whisper on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby SNAFU » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Barric Darkwind wrote:Barric nearly chokes on his breath when he hears that price, “105,000 credits!? That’s absurd. That’s nearly double the listed price! Why is the price so dramatically high?”

The clerk looks up from his book.

"What the furck are you talking about?! That is the listed price. I am telling you the listed price. If you don't like it, go buy a Naruni Force-Field with custom utility belt at the other shop on this shitty planet that sells 'em" The clerk looks back down at his book muttering, "Double! Phfffbt! Maybe if you ordered 10,000 units."
SNAFU

Postby Barric Darkwind » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:06 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9 | 1d100 = 99

Barric just smiles back at the clerk, "I wasn't aware I was asking for anything custom, just the forcefield belt." Handing over his cred stick, Barric maintains his toothy grin. It's not worth the argument. I'm sure this security would have a blaster against my head in no time. Could I rip this man apart and probably two of those bots before I went down? Sure. But its not quite worth it. When the transaction is finished, Barric will smile again and bid his farewell, "Take care."

NG Store
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit