The Job Market Cafe (30)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 am

Image

Open daily from five in the morning until midnight, the Job Market Cafe is a combination internet cafe, coffee shop, diner and meeting place. It seats about two hundred people, serves your standard fare of luncheon food, soup, salads and sandwiches, has some of the best varieties of coffee in town as well as a nice selection of 20 micro-brewery beers, all at reasonable prices. The main draw, however, is finding work in the mercenary trade. The cafe 's owner, Cliff "Fixer" Jones, is well-connected and has his finger on the pulse of the mercenary community - meaning where the latest conflicts are brewing, who's hiring mercs, muscle and mages, what the job pays, and who to contact.

In return for a modest fee (5%), Fixer helps mercenaries, bounty hunters and adventuring groups to find work, providing them with introductions, arranging for meetings and transportation, and presenting valuable intelligence. Fixer Jones is a legend in the business for his ability to hook up the right people for the right job and get things done. As a free service, he keeps electronic bulletin boards on one wall of the Cafe where job postings, bounties, want ads and recruiting pitches are displayed on a rolling video loop. Outside of Mere Ops and the offices in Merc Plaza, the Job Market Cafe is the place to find work, especially small jobs for one man, a duo or small group. More often than not, these are not the biggest, best paying or most glamorous jobs, but they are genuine offers of work at fair wages. Adventurers, gunslingers, headhunters, crazies, mages, and newbies to the mercenary profession flock to this place. Even at midnight and the crack of dawn the Cafe is at least two thirds full, and jam-packed at peak lunch and dinner hours.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Galan Sharpe » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:50 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 83

An armored figure, a bit dusty and idly bemused, wanders into the cafe. He pauses at the door to take stock of the building before he entered fully to find an empty seat at a table offering a clear view of the doorway. It isn't so much that he was expecting someone but obviously wary and not wanting to be surprised either. Once seated Galan removes his helmet and sets it on the chair next to him, a rugged and not-too-handsome looking figure. Scraggly hair, thick with dirt and oil from being on the road all-too-long and the a patchwork beard mar his scarred and pockmarked face. This was a man who wasn't going to be winning a beauty contest soon. Or ever. Even against a troll.

He flagged down a waitress, "Whatever's the special, just make it hot and quick. Haven't eaten a proper meal in a good while. Universal good, yeah? Also.. anyplace in particular looking for some extra bodies?"
Galan Sharpe
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Veronica » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:24 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
J.I.C. 1d20 = 4|1d100 = 92

Walking into the Cafe, Veronica really tries to avoid eye-contact and interaction with other patrons - hopeful to zone-out in a secluded corner table in the back, or equally isolated spot. If called on by anyone that potentially recognizes her, she'll keep walking through the crowd (as well as a seven foot tall cyborg can manage), only acknowledging them if followed to her table. Taking a minute to herself, she'll stare catatonically at the bounty boards until interrupted by a waiter. Shaking back into it, she'll order something caffeinated and dodge questions with the deft linguistics only a blank stare can deliver. If offered the daily special she'll shrug and place an order knowing that more than likely she'll not touch it.
Veronica
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Galan

This place seems alright. The outside of the Cafe still shows some repaired battle scars from something that looks like both an explosion and an impact. The special of the day is country fried steak with bacon gravy.

"Work is why most of you mercs stop by. Why don't you jot down a short list of specialties and any references you wouldn't mind Fixer getting hold of? Then we see what we can do." The waitress provides a pen an a page from her order pad.

A odd pair of mercs enter and flag down a man behind the counter. The pair are definitely 'odd couple'- both are covered head to toe, one in a very plain suit of armor with a unit patch over his chest and a badge that looks identical to the ones the gate guards had affixed to their armor around his neck, the other has an odd Halloween type mask on and is dressed in wizard's robes.

Veronica

A waitress approaches Veronica after a few moments. "What'll it be, hon? Or are you here for work and not food?"

The odd couple described above is spotted by Veronica as well.

Connor

Needless to say, Connor is a part of the odd couple mentioned. Nicodemus spots Fixer behind the counter and waves him down. "Mr. Jones. I'm headed out now. An.... old friend stopped in and is gonna give me a lift to the rest of the double-As." Fixer nods and replies."I'll make sure to stay out of trouble then. A meal before you go?" Nic looks to Connor, body language clearly asking a question the former NEMA man didn't anunciate- 'Do we have time?'
Image
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Galan Sharpe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 12

Galan nods at the waitress and takes the offered pad and pen with a tight-lipped smile. "I have some CS creds, are those good here for a meal? Just thinking the special wtith a glass of water... if you don't mind getting that for me, I'll be a bit writing down all that. " He nods to the newcomers, including the chrome he saw at the gates earlier who's body looked less cold than her personality, "Besides, looks like you got a mite bit busier anyways. I'm in no rush yet. "

Once she moves off, he quickly asses the threats the three new bodies might be. Veronica, obviously some kind of D-Bee and a full body job at that would definitely be someone to avoid ticking off, same with the cooky guy in the heavy robes. The guardsman - likely a level sort, even if he's dressing down. None of them were someone he wanted to tussle with but all definitely worthy of staying aware of.

Idly he scribbled down a few notes on the paper, paused and then a few more. When the waitress returns he hands it and the pen back with that smile, "Thanks, appreciate the help." The paper has, in a tight but not unneat writing, the following scrawled on it: recon, power armor specialist, long-range support and small-unit tactics.
Galan Sharpe
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby MercTown Moderator » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:39 am

The waitress takes it to the back and a few seconds later an older gentleman walks up to you. "So you are a recon specialist with experience in small unit tactics. There are several teams in town that could use your experience but first as payment I need you to go take a message to someone at the temple for me. If you are lucky the resident team of Mercs can use you." Fixer hands you an envelope. "Take this and give it to Al at the temple."

(OCC) Sorry about missing your post last time.
MercTown Moderator
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Veronica » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
J.I.C. 1d20 = 11|1d100 = 42

Waitress wrote:"What'll it be, hon? Or are you here for work and not food?"


Intrigued by the odd duo, Veronica doesn't initially notice the waitress - her inquiry little more than muffled background noise. Trying instead to keep her vision on the eccentric pair making their way through the cafe; her first instinct is to look around the waitress, not realizing the blurred figure is trying to gain her attention. With some frustration Veronica finally acknowledges the woman,"Hmm? Oh, I've lost my appetite. If you'll excuse me, I think I've found what I'm looking for." Deftly maneuvering around the table, Veronica is gone, disregarding anything more the poor woman might say.

Veronica didn't have a word as to why the pair gained her interest, but they certainly had that niche. It was a factor she learned of only after becoming a gladiator; a select few simply posses a flair, if you will, and that flair was common among the talented. And these two certainly had it, if Veronica was to have any sort of future in Merctown, she knew it started with them.

Wearing a smile in her trademark fashion, she approaches the Nic and Conner - pinning her left hand across her stomach by means of her right elbow, she clears her throat before introducing herself. "Greetings gentlemen, the names Veronica Vicious. The Veronica Vicious..." The smile contorts into a smirk, as though her name should have some impact on the two (Only if you follow the games on a regular basis). A short, awkward silence follows if unrecognized, broken by a sharp inhalation and offbeat roll of the eyes. "Right, well getting back on topic, I would like to extend an exclusive chance to hire yourselves a Gladiator. It's off-season you see, and I could use the advertisement." During the spiel, she looks casually over to her right hand a bit. "Rest assured, I'm more than qualified to help you..." When mentioning this her right hand extends palm down, as she wiggles her fingers a bit to gesture at Conner and Nic, then reforming into a fist. "...Out with whatever business you have. I'm sure it involves combat judging by your posture; I'm really not picky as to what you want obliterated. Needless to say, I'm unparalleled in vehicular combat"

Looking proud of her introduction, any potential embarrassment aside, she'll fidget around waiting for a response. Whist in the habit of waiting (impatiently) she'll catch sight of Galan. At that moment, Conner and company notice a look of horrified surprise jolt across Veronica's face, "Ugh!". She'll shake it off and if questioned, deny catching sight of the horribly ugly merc.

O.O.C. Sorry Galan, just wanted to get a cheeky comment in about that ugly mug. :wink:
Veronica
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Galan Sharpe » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 10


Out of the corner of his eyes he caught the quick motion of Veronica's glance but didn't seem to physically register. Nevertheless the newly made merc flashed a stained toothy smile up at the waitress before he accepted the envelope. "More or less that sums it up, glad to hear that there's some call for my line of work. Granted, shouldn't surprise me, scouts tend to have short life spans. Might as well hold my order until I get back though." A moment for Galan to gather his helmet with the envelope tucked into his belt pouch before he rose to his feet, "Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. Wish me luck!"

At that point he turned and made his way at the door, being careful not to bump into the chromed-up D-bee or the two men she had corner. Granted he still reflexively reached for the pistol at his belt as he passed although never actually touched the grip. Once clear of the cafe and in the street Galan fastened the helmet to his armor before he headed down the street towards where the temple was located on his map.

Mystic Quarter/Headquarters of the Templar




OOC: Haha, no worries either of you! :) Galan IS ugly, with that unlucky PB of 6.
Galan Sharpe
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Connor Fey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 21

Connor follows Nic into the cafe. The first thing he notices is the smell of food, delicious food. As temping as a meal sounds Connor shakes his head to Nic. "No, we are not have the time. We are need to go. Hello Mister Fixing, I are Jan. Nice to meet." Connor turns to leave and comes face to face with Veronica. He listens to her introduction. He doesn't recognise her name at all.

She are have strong.
What?
Oui, you are know. She are very sure of herself.
Yeah, she sure is. Hope she has the skills to back it up.
Oui, I think.


"Hello, I are Jan. You are want to join us? But you are not know us. How are you know we are good to work with? You are not know what we do." He pauses and thinks for a second. "Okay, we are need help. But I are tell you where we go now and what maybe happen. Then you are decide if you want to come with. Then you are tell us why we should take you. Okay?"

"Okay, I are go to open portal and we go to an ambush site that my team had maybe an hour ago. We join my team, then we are hunt demon cultists, we are kill them. Plus we are have problem with Dead boys, maybe we fight them too. It are very possible. So, if that are sound okay. Why should we take you?"
Connor Fey
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Nic replies to Fixer after Connor declines the meal. "I'll take one special to go, if you've got it prepped already." Fixer nods and walks in the door by the kitchen window. Looking to his disguised companion, Nic shrugs. "Armies march on their stomachs. Now, who's this?" The last is said as Veronica Vicious approaches the pair.

Nobody had noticed Fixer return with Nic's meal until after Vernonica and 'Jan' begin their conversation. Then he clears his throat and pushes a paper box at Nic. "She's a arena gladiator from up north. Specializes in powered armor. I recognize her from some of the stuff we've aired. Not too bad, but I'd put my money on Beanpole in a stand up duel." The last bit the bespectacled, scarred man behind the counter says with a grin on his face, almost as if daring Veronica to find this Beanpole and find out why he thinks so.

Meanwhile Nic has lifted the faceplate on his helmet and started shoveling steak and gravy down his throat at an alarming rate. He grunts and nods once, when Fixer said 'specializes in power armor'.
Image
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Veronica » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:00 pm

((Rolls Held))

When Connor... introduces himself, Veronica is left slightly perturbed at his odd prose. Squinting her eyes and cocking her head ever so slightly to the side in hesitant bewilderment, "Right... Well, I'm more than a simple gladiator. I can recognize talent, and as to what you do? This is Merctown, I don't have to be clairvoyant to guess the nature of your business." Eyebrows raised in a very matter-of-fact sense, she briefly revisits her own personal history with hellish denizens... "Frankly I really don't care what trouble you face, I'm more than a match for any opponent, mortal or otherwise."

A short lived sense of gratification is gained when Fixer's pot shot is coyly delivered as a stoking of her ego. Her eye twitches a bit before melting away into that trademark grin... "I do believe a match in the local robodome would rectify that uneducated opinion. Although she does now have a markedly curious itch as to who this Beanpole is and how quickly she can defeat him in televised combat...

A scowl, now chiseled on Veronica's face, meets Connor's gaze when she abruptly turns back. "So, it sounds as though you're in a rush and I doubt questioning me any further is going to satisfy your curiosity, nor save the lives of your friends. If your companion is quite finished, I believe we have armies to raze." Arms adamantly crossed, she seems quite done talking at the moment. If there really was a crisis, and a chance to prove doubt wrong with action - she is ready to do so.
Veronica
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Connor Fey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:10 pm

(Rolls held)

Connor looks off into the distance for a second.

Hah! She are talk like a typically gladiator.
What? Well duh...
No, she are talk about 'opponent', just one. When are last time you only fight one persons? She fight alone, no? Her teamwork are maybe no good. If she are think about one enemy and no fight with team... She are die.
Huh, Jan... How do you know anything about being a gladiator?
... You are no believe me, if I are tell you.


Connor focuses back on Veronica. "Okay, you are come with. You are very nice gladiator. Clap clap, well done." Jan does a little 'excited fan' shimmy to illustrate the point. "We are no go to nice clean arena fight. We go to place where we kill hard, we kill fast. We are work together. We are have no place for ... fighty princess. No place for show time gladiator." Connor pauses behind his mask and with a ruthlessness that surprises him, he slowly says. "Much place for cold, hard, efficient fighters. We fight demons, we are kill them until they are dead. Come, we go. Where are your PA?"
Connor Fey
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Veronica » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:47 pm

((Rolls Held))

Certainly entertained by Conner, while listening to the man Veronica blinks rather slowly, with a self-assured smirk. "Well, I'm glad you're able to see the value in such an arrangement." Walking towards the door, Veronica wastes no time idling to explain where her Midas is being stored, "At the impound of course (referring to her PA). Oh and by the by, I'm no princess - I'm the queen of gladiatorial engagement, and you don't win without snapping a few spines. Now let's go ruin somebodies day!"
Veronica
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 18, 1d20 = 5, 1d6 = 2



Forced to walk Damon was hardly in the mood to be without armor. His experience and training had nearly seen him abandon this damned town with it's d-bee centric rules. He hadn't been kidding the MTD had to have failed a great many with their idiot policies. His Prophet wasn't much more than the average light full conversion borg and Damon felt certain that most of them had better overall durability. The worse part was he felt blind and found himself looking around a lot more than he was comfortable with. On the one hand this place was new to him. He didn't really think anyone would try anything. While it was true he was wearing his CS Battle Dress Uniform it was also true that there was a base around here that no doubt had a functional agreement with the locals to ensure there weren't too many accidents. Though getting assigned to the unit that operated out of the area had been rather high on the list of shit jobs that can get you killed... gotta love the grunt info network it was the most reliable means of information gathering in all of the CS.

Finally Damon arrived at Fixer's Café. He'd had to ask around just to be certain. He'd managed to get an old woman with a chip on her shoulder to point him in the right direction only after he'd assured her he wasn't working for the Coalition anymore. For all he knew she was an operative working for the CS and he'd just spilled the beans that Damon Clau wasn't dead... he was a traitor... shit happens then you die.

Damon walked in unsure of what he'd find...
MercTown Moderator wrote:As you enter the Café the first thing that you see is that the far wall is covered with a huge video screen that is continuously playing a video loop of bounties and current job postings in the mercenary business. An older man with a pronounced limp is standing behind the bar with a friendly and genuine smile motioning to the waitresses on the floor and making sure the patrons are happy and well taken care of.

((OOC: ... that's about as useful as tits on a boar...))

Damon made his way to the bar and he hoped a warm meal good drink and some information. He adjusted his vibro-sword so it didn't get hit or cause issues. When the bartender gets around to greeting Damon he asks for a drink with caffeine and a burger with cheese and ranch instead of ketchup.
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:22 pm

On your way in, you do take notice of two very nice, black motorcycles pull up across the street from the cafe. On them sit two men clad in black bushman body armor who look towards the door of the establishment.

Once your seated inside at the bar, waiting to be served, you now notice a human woman sitting at the bar looking over her shoulder to the outside. A dark complexion and short dark hair frame her angular features. Evident to you is not only her stress but also her connection to the motorcyclists outside.

She does a double take at your CS uniform and then back outside. As if a wild thought springs into her mind and then to action, she slides to the stool next to you.

Not turning her head she intones quietly. "How would you like to make an easy two grand? Universal credits mind you. It's nothing magical or alien. It's not even illegal. I just need a courier. My contact's late in arriving, so I need something delivered. You interested?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 29, 1d20 = 3, 1d6 = 1



Observations wrote:On your way in, you do take notice of two very nice, black motorcycles pull up across the street from the cafe. On them sit two men clad in black bushman body armor who look towards the door of the establishment.

Once your seated inside at the bar, waiting to be served, you now notice a human woman sitting at the bar looking over her shoulder to the outside. A dark complexion and short dark hair frame her angular features. Evident to you is not only her stress but also her connection to the motorcyclists outside.


Damon looks the girl over evaluating her like a piece of meat. Street Rat or Black Market? … then again not much difference…

The Girl wrote:She does a double take at your CS uniform and then back outside. As if a wild thought springs into her mind and then to action, she slides to the stool next to you.

Not turning her head she intones quietly. "How would you like to make an easy two grand? Universal credits mind you. It's nothing magical or alien. It's not even illegal. I just need a courier. My contact's late in arriving, so I need something delivered. You interested?"


“You’re about as subtle as a charging rhino.” Damon adds with an amused grin that makes its way into his tone. “The opening bid is a bit low. I’m lacking armor at the moment that puts me into the walking mist category. So 10k at least. I'll drop it to 5k if you can provide some kind of physical protection. Oh and I’ll need info on the item, the objective point, any time constraints and info on the hostiles.” Damon sits patiently waiting to be served he wasn’t all that keen on walking about with something people were obviously willing to fight for.

This whole thing with armed and armored nuts running about the city only reminded him of the absurdity of the MercTown rules regarding protection and weaponry. Bloody hells, how many have they failed? How many do they ignore, How much innocent blood stains their hands…
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:47 am

She scowls at you. "Subtlety is a luxury I don't have time for. You don't need armor. You need feet and a pulse. Three thousand for a walk across town. Are you in or do you have an easier way to make your money?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 5, 1d20 = 20, 1d6 = 3



Fool Girl wrote:She scowls at you. "Subtlety is a luxury I don't have time for. You don't need armor. You need feet and a pulse. Three thousand for a walk across town. Are you in or do you have an easier way to make your money?"

“Now, that is amusing.” Damon said with a laugh. “You actually think I’m stupid enough to rely upon the rep of the CS alone to keep me from getting killed.” Damon turned to look at the girl full on now. “I’m aware that the two outside this place are waiting for you and I’m aware you don’t want them to get you. Whatever you are carrying is wanted by someone willing to kill for it. Thanks to your lack of basic understanding for even the tenets of subtly I am known to them as a possible associate. Thus I am at risk, because you couldn’t handle something as simple as being discrete in a public location. As far as the money is concerned I’ve already given you my terms.”

Bloody Hells the people this fool deals with must be idiots without even the basic capacity for risk assessment. She’s acting like there are gods that hold sway over reality and ensure compliance with insane expectations…

Damon will make no move to follow or stop her should she attempt to leave. He will also make a more concerted effort to get the attention of the bar keep or a waitress to get his order placed. He was damned hungry.
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:02 pm

The woman glares at you for a moment and then heads for a restroom. The man behind the bar limps over to you. He smiles pleasantly at you. "What can I get for you?" Once you place your order, he continues. "Was she giving you trouble son?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:24 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 75, 1d20 = 9, 1d6 = 5



Ace of Spades wrote:The woman glares at you for a moment and then heads for a restroom. The man behind the bar limps over to you. He smiles pleasantly at you. "What can I get for you?"

Damon watches the woman leave... Damn fool. Moments later as the man limps closer Damon finally places his order...

Ace of Spades wrote:Once you place your order, he continues. "Was she giving you trouble son?"

"Just a lost soul in over her head. I'd consider helping, but I'm not equipped to deal with the trouble she's found."
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:44 pm

The man eases himself into a seat. He says, ”Yeah, we get a lot of those in this town. Are you a lost soul as well? Or do you have some other reason for coming to Merctown? Name's Fixer Jones by the way. This is my place.” As the gentleman is talking, a waitress comes out of the kitchen and delivers Damon his order and a glass of tea for the man.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 89, 1d20 = 8, 1d6 = 3



Fixer Jones wrote:The man eases himself into a seat. He says, ”Yeah, we get a lot of those in this town. Are you a lost soul as well? Or do you have some other reason for coming to Merctown? Name's Fixer Jones by the way. This is my place.” As the gentleman is talking, a waitress comes out of the kitchen and delivers Damon his order and a glass of tea for the man.

“A lost soul?” Damon watched Fixer for a long second before shrugging “Probably… though at the moment I’m more of a wanderer looking for shelter, food and an income.”

Taking a bite from the burger Damon was reminded of how long its been since he had a good rancher and this was one of the better he'd had, it didn't compare to his mothers, but then nothing ever did... or ever would again. Didn't even get to bury a body... fucking Fed bastards.
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Fixer smiles at Damons response. He takes a drink of his tea. As he is setting the glass back down he scratches the side of his nose. He glances over Damons shoulder to look out the windows. He seems to have no real interest in making a response.

Fixer waits till Damon is almost done with his meal before saying ”Well... food you just had. There are plenty of inns and hotels in this town for shelter. As for income though... well I must admit I overheard a bit of the offer that woman in the restroom made. That was at least an offer for some income, but if you are not interested in some simple courier work... What kind of work are you looking for? Being in one of those Coalition uniforms indicates you don't want to be around magic users or non-humans... which really limits your options in this town. Or is that just a disguise?”
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 74, 1d20 = 17, 1d6 = 6



Fixer wrote:Fixer smiles at Damons response. He takes a drink of his tea. As he is setting the glass back down he scratches the side of his nose. He glances over Damons shoulder to look out the windows. He seems to have no real interest in making a response.

Fixer waits till Damon is almost done with his meal before saying ”Well... food you just had. There are plenty of inns and hotels in this town for shelter. As for income though... well I must admit I overheard a bit of the offer that woman in the restroom made. That was at least an offer for some income, but if you are not interested in some simple courier work... What kind of work are you looking for? Being in one of those Coalition uniforms indicates you don't want to be around magic users or non-humans... which really limits your options in this town. Or is that just a disguise?”


No sense lying to the guy… if the guard was honest this guy holds my fate.

Damon finishes his rancher before answering “More like most of all I have to my name. You are looking at the recently departed Corporal Damon Clau.” he says honestly. “Only mages I can honestly say I have a problem with are the Federation breed, as for the inhuman…” memories surge bringing ghosts and phantom sounds... sounds best forgotten. He blinks the memories away before continuing “I was at Tolkeen I've seen monsters with more nobility then my fellows… honorable souls wouldn’t carry out such orders. Still gonna take some getting used to though you don't just unlearn a lifetime of hate overnight.”

Nor do you forget the hate directed your way and the pain it brings.

Damon leaned back looking out onto the street. “I don’t have a problem running gopher duty for pay. I do however have a problem when an obvious and damn close to immediate threat is apparent. Had I sufficient protection to at least grant me the chance to defend myself I’d have at least considered the female’s offer. Sadly I’m currently just mist in waiting.”
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Fixer Jones eyebrow raises slightly. ”Recently departed? Are you a walking corpse?” He shakes his head a little and chuckles. ”Must say I have never seen a corpse with an appetite for the types of food we serve here. As for the Federation... well... granted there are some really bad apples in that bunch, like most places there are good and bad. From the rest of your comments... I am guessing you mean you have left the Coalition. I appreciate your honesty and am sure any prospective employers would want to know as well... but I would not go announcing that around town. There are a lot of people who have lost loved ones to the Coalition around here.”

Fixer Jones scratches the side of his nose again and hums a little to himself. He then looks at Damon and says ”I understand that MercTown does not have the strict policing force and laws of a Coalition city, but this place is a bit safer than you make it out to be. This town is mostly mercenaries and those of us that cater to them and their families. Most people have a don't mess with me and I won't mess with you attitude. Don't get me wrong there are some bad ones around here too... but the Defenders usually keep them in check. Anyway... let me go check and see which groups are currently in town and looking for some fresh meat.”

Fixer gets to his feet with a grunt and walks off into the kitchen. The waitress appears again to take Fixers glass and refill Damons drink. She smiles and says ”You get enough to eat, hun?” After filling his glass and seeing if Damon wants anything more, she walks off.

The woman who approached Damon earlier comes back out of the restroom and approaches him again. She smiles and says ”Alright, we seem to have gotten off on a bad foot. May I join you? Maybe we can work out something a little different and more to your talents.”
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Vinnie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 3
Conditions: Recovers M.D.C. at a rate of 2D6+3 per day, Sixth Sense, MercTown Native.

Vinnie shuts the engine off to his vehicle once it's secured in a parking spot. I wonder what the special is today? Vinnie thinks as he eases his bulk out of the vehicle, chuckling slightly as it rocks back and forth for a second. I definitely give the shocks a workout don't I? Vinnie begins his short walk towards The Job Market Cafe, and slowly opens the door to the practically legendary establishment. Vinnie takes a quick look over the patrons currently in the Cafe, before making his way to the usually easy access of the counter. Vinnie groans a bit as he gets comfortable on the stool, before grabbing a menu. Hmmm... What to have? When either Fixer or a Waitress makes their way to Vinnie, he'll look them in the eye with a smile. "What's the special today?" If it's of interest to Vinnie, he'll order the special, if not. "Let me get the bacon cheeseburger and a side of fries. Oh and a cola!" If it's Fixer who is talking to him, Vinnie will follow that up with a question. "Any outfits hiring that you know of?"
Vinnie
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 37, 1d20 = 1, 1d6 = 6



Fixer wrote:Fixer Jones eyebrow raises slightly. ”Recently departed? Are you a walking corpse?” He shakes his head a little and chuckles. ”Must say I have never seen a corpse with an appetite for the types of food we serve here. As for the Federation... well... granted there are some really bad apples in that bunch, like most places there are good and bad. From the rest of your comments... I am guessing you mean you have left the Coalition. I appreciate your honesty and am sure any prospective employers would want to know as well... but I would not go announcing that around town. There are a lot of people who have lost loved ones to the Coalition around here.”


The Inverse is also true… before I even joined the military I lost friends to terrorist attacks and just last year lost my parents to one. “There is more then enough hate and pain to go around.”

Fixer wrote:Fixer Jones scratches the side of his nose again and hums a little to himself. He then looks at Damon and says ”I understand that MercTown does not have the strict policing force and laws of a Coalition city, but this place is a bit safer than you make it out to be. This town is mostly mercenaries and those of us that cater to them and their families. Most people have a don't mess with me and I won't mess with you attitude. Don't get me wrong there are some bad ones around here too... but the Defenders usually keep them in check. Anyway... let me go check and see which groups are currently in town and looking for some fresh meat.”


Damon just kept quite ignoring the obvious flaws in the argument. Lasers are silent with the simplest of mods. A plasma rifle configured for a wide spray rather than a projected blast can incinerate a corpse with no evidence.

Waitress wrote:Fixer gets to his feet with a grunt and walks off into the kitchen. The waitress appears again to take Fixers glass and refill Damons drink. She smiles and says ”You get enough to eat, hun?” After filling his glass and seeing if Damon wants anything more, she walks off.


Damon smiles back. “For the time. That was damn good, by the way.”

The Woman wrote:The woman who approached Damon earlier comes back out of the restroom and approaches him again. She smiles and says ”Alright, we seem to have gotten off on a bad foot. May I join you? Maybe we can work out something a little different and more to your talents.”


Damon looks at the woman from before. “Persistent much?” Damon looked to be a notably better mood having a well done meal. “Sit down.” He said indicating seat nearby I already miss the days when a woman wanting to talk to me was just that. ”Why do you so need help? Be honest and you might just find a willing hand in the darkness. Speak shit and you will find yourself alone blinded by the light.”
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Vinnie

The waitress smiles and bats her eyes. She says ”Everything is special here, hun.” She takes Vinnies order and heads to the kitchen. She comes back in a few minutes with his food and says ”Anything else, hun?”

While Vinnie is eating, Fixer walks back into the dinning room. He looks at Vinnie and smiles. He walks over and says ”How you doing?” When Vinnie asks about outfits that are hiring, he smiles and says ”Well... I was just looking over the groups. I believe you would make a good fit for the Heroes. Once you are done with your meal you should head over to the Haven in the Mystic Quarter.”

Fixer looks over at the other patrons, then smiles before turning and walking back into the kitchen area.

Damon

The woman smiles and sits next to Damon. She says ”In this world, one must be persistent to make it. I am sorry for the way I came across, but I am used to having the information... not sharing it.” The woman catches the eye of the waitress and orders a drink.

She takes several minutes before speaking again. ”I am afraid that I cannot give you all the information... I will tell you what I can. I have obtained some items for some select clientele. The items are not illegal here in Merctown... but there are some who would be extremely irate to know I have them... and others that would love to have them. Anyway, I was supposed to deliver them. However; I ran afoul of some of those people I mentioned that do not want others to have the said items.”

The woman looks over her shoulder and out the window at the black suits. She shakes her head and turns back to Damon. ”So... since you have refused to act as a different courier... I have had to go with a different option. I am to wait here for someone to come retrieve the items... and the money I was going to pay you will go to them. However, I do know that you may wish to meet these people. I believe you could be an asset for the work they have going on. So... now, all I ask is that you stay here and keep me company until they arrive.”
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Vinnie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/ 1d100 = 78
Condition: Recovers M.D.C. at a rate of 2D6+3 per day, Sixth Sense, MercTown Native.

Vinnie grabs a napkin and wipes his toothy face and his hands thoroughly before looking back at Fixer Jones. "Mr Jones you're the best... I really appreciate the lead." Vinnie shakes the mans hand gingerly as to not accidentally harm him. Vinniegets up from the counter and pays for his food. "It was great, see you again soon." Vinnie says as he heads out to the parking lot and gets into his car. Wait did he say Mystic Quarter?"

<<Mystic Quarter: Heroes Haven (145a)>>
Vinnie
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d100 = 76, 1d20 = 7, 1d6 = 1



The Woman wrote:The woman smiles and sits next to Damon. She says “In this world, one must be persistent to make it. I am sorry for the way I came across, but I am used to having the information... not sharing it.” The woman catches the eye of the waitress and orders a drink.


Damon listens with conditioned interest. "One is given only as much trust as one earns. When a squad mate fails to be trustworthy they endanger their squad and themselves."

The Woman wrote:She takes several minutes before speaking again. “I am afraid that I cannot give you all the information... I will tell you what I can. I have obtained some items for some select clientele. The items are not illegal here in Merctown... but there are some who would be extremely irate to know I have them... and others that would love to have them. Anyway, I was supposed to deliver them. However; I ran afoul of some of those people I mentioned that do not want others to have the said items.”


And she wonders why I wouldn't take the mission...

The Woman wrote:The woman looks over her shoulder and out the window at the black suits. She shakes her head and turns back to Damon. “So... since you have refused to act as a different courier... I have had to go with a different option. I am to wait here for someone to come retrieve the items... and the money I was going to pay you will go to them. However, I do know that you may wish to meet these people. I believe you could be an asset for the work they have going on. So... now, all I ask is that you stay here and keep me company until they arrive.”


"Is it just those two you need to get past?" He asked turning to look at the black armored street ornaments. Can’t be certain with paralysis and it’s unpredictable, however if its only those two… “There wouldn’t happen to be a bounty on them or their gang in general would there?”
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:35 pm

The woman smiles at Damon and says ”I agree that trust is earned. I guess I am just used to being trusted on sight... granted I usually only have to deal with my colleagues.” She sighs and looks out the window.

She responds to Damons questions with simple answers. ”Those two are the only ones I know of, but I am sure they have reinforcements around. I know they keep their nose clean in town, so there is no bounty on them.”
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 22, 1d20 = 14, 1d6 = 2



The Woman wrote:The woman smiles at Damon and says ”I agree that trust is earned. I guess I am just used to being trusted on sight... granted I usually only have to deal with my colleagues.” She sighs and looks out the window.


“This world is sounding even more insane than I originally thought it was.” Damon says with amusement.

The Woman wrote:She responds to Damons questions with simple answers. ”Those two are the only ones I know of, but I am sure they have reinforcements around. I know they keep their nose clean in town, so there is no bounty on them.”


“So they are clean trash… just glorious.” he states with obvious disgust adding quietly almost as an after thought “Light damned guardians…”
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:08 pm

While Damon and the woman are speaking, Fixer Jones comes back out of his office. He walks up to them and says ”Sir, I am currently in contact with an officer of one of the groups in town. As soon as I find out if they want to interview you here or elsewhere; I will let you know. Would you like something more to eat?”

Once he has Damons response, Fixer looks at the woman and says ”Miss... I happen to know who you work for. If you wish, you can leave that package with me until another courier can come to get it. Just remember.. you all will owe me a favor.” The woman smiles and says ”Sure thing Fixer, thanks.” She pulls the package out of her satchel and hands it to Fixer.

She turns to Damon and says ”Well... it has been interesting. Maybe we will meet again on a better occasion.” She pulls out a small cell phone and heads for the door, dialing as she goes.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d100 = 40, 1d20 = 2, 1d6 = 1



Major Arcana wrote:While Damon and the woman are speaking, Fixer Jones comes back out of his office. He walks up to them and says ”Sir, I am currently in contact with an officer of one of the groups in town. As soon as I find out if they want to interview you here or elsewhere; I will let you know. Would you like something more to eat?”


"Thanks, especially as I didn't ask you to do this. As for food... let's see if your chef can make a pocket pizza with pepperoni and sausage." if asked Damon gives the description of both the plate and hand sized versions.

Major Arcana wrote:Once he has Damons response, Fixer looks at the woman and says ”Miss... I happen to know who you work for. If you wish, you can leave that package with me until another courier can come to get it. Just remember.. you all will owe me a favor.” The woman smiles and says ”Sure thing Fixer, thanks.” She pulls the package out of her satchel and hands it to Fixer.

She turns to Damon and says ”Well... it has been interesting. Maybe we will meet again on a better occasion.” She pulls out a small cell phone and heads for the door, dialing as she goes.


"Perhaps..." Damon responds with amusement letting the response hang. Dinner would be interesting. He adds silently not holding any doubt to the likelihood of surviving the day much less any contract he picks up.
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:54 pm

Fixer smiles and says ”People don't have to ask. People show up... I find them work... it is the Job Market Cafe after all. I have a reputation to uphold... I am sure he can.” Fixer walks back into the kitchen area. After about fifteen minutes later, Fixer comes back out with a paper sack.

He hands the sack to Damon and says ”I took the liberty of having them bagged to go. If you will head over to The Haunt in the Hub... Uh.. Oh... you really should stop by a clothing shop... Showing up in that Coalition gear is asking for trouble. Once you get to the Haunt, ask for Mierin. She will interview you for a position with the Spook Squad if their leader is not there. I wish you luck. Come back sometime.”

Fixer smiles and walks back into the back room. He apparently has no interest in charging for the food.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Damon Clau » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 36, 1d20 = 10, 1d6 = 5



Major Arcana wrote:Fixer smiles and says ”People don't have to ask. People show up... I find them work... it is the Job Market Cafe after all. I have a reputation to uphold... I am sure he can.” Fixer walks back into the kitchen area. After about fifteen minutes later, Fixer comes back out with a paper sack.

He hands the sack to Damon and says ”I took the liberty of having them bagged to go. If you will head over to The Haunt in the Hub... Uh.. Oh... you really should stop by a clothing shop... Showing up in that Coalition gear is asking for trouble. Once you get to the Haunt, ask for Mierin. She will interview you for a position with the Spook Squad if their leader is not there. I wish you luck. Come back sometime.”

Fixer smiles and walks back into the back room. He apparently has no interest in charging for the food.

No charge? … last meal perhaps? … Spook Squad... and the Haunt? … Did I just get an interview with ansty teenage military rejects?

“Thanks for help and the meals. Perhaps, if I live long enough I’ll repay the favor.” Damon walks away leaving the cafe.

<<Northern Gun Store (108)>>
Damon Clau
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:05 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
Pilot: Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes - 1d100 = 44/94%
Streetwise - 1d100 = 41/46%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 32/58%

    Conditions -
  • AA-1 Cyber Disguise activated under the persona of Jason Schroeder.
  • Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration Active
  • Multi-Optic Eye is Active
  • Bionic Drug Dispenser - Lethal Dose available for use

Echo pilots his Prowler down towards the Job Market Cafe, parking and securing it near the entrance. He glances around and notices the lot of unguarded vehicles and sighs in defeat, leaving his Prowler secured but unguarded.
The exact coordinates still lit on his H.U.D., he walks in following a path to where the trail ends. He finds a booth against one of the walls, empty, four-seater.
If I came all this way just to be made a fool of, someone is going to pay dearly... Echo thinks, annoyed. He just takes a seat, removes his helmet and waits for something to happen. Keeping his eye on the door and anything that could suggest action towards him.

He'll wait for about an hour and if no one approaches him he'll get up and leave for the night.
Last edited by Echo on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 am

It doesn't take a few minutes before one of the many waitresses sees his empty table and rushes over to offer him food or drink. Regardless of what Echo says, she will at least leave the table with a glass of water as to show you have been answers. If Echo wants food, the food will be brought out in a timely matter.

Thirty minutes go by with no action - Echo can plainly see the large video screen on the wall displaying jobs, he can see quite a few different mercenary types talking to a man behind the bar but nothing that is directed at him besides the waitresses. It is then he notices a shadow move to his right, it'll remind him of the encounter in Mechanicsville and in the Tundra.

As Echo pays attention to the quick wisp, a familiar female voice addresses him "Ah, Jason, it has been so long"

((The Woman is your listed contact))
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:08 am

Perception 1d20+2 = 3
Streetwise - 1d100 = 81/46%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 9/58%
JIC 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 88
    Conditions carried over

Echo notices the quick response of the staff and nods "Aye, a good steak and some water will be fine." Assuming he gets his order he'll begin eating slowly after only eating quick rations on the road, people-watching all the Mercs and various faces walking in and out of here.
Some young punk looking to try to make a name for himself looking at the boards like he could do it all, and not a few tables away is a grizzled Merc who could probably break that kid in half. Echo doesn't distinguish between races, he doesn't care... a contact is a contact and a target a target.
Then he sees a quick movement right next to him, dark, like a wisp moving in the shadows before he hears a familiar voice.

"Ah, Jason, it has been so long"

He quickly snaps forward, looking at the now occupied seat across from him. He relaxes at the sight of who it is but is still alert... I am beginning to hate wisps like that...
"Scarlet, interesting for you to show your face so openly. Don't a lot of people want you and your group axed?

He pauses and waits for her to answer, regardless of what she says he has some more prevalent questions "Are you the contact I was supposed to meet? Who came for me in Mechanicsville? Why was I called here? Echo asks the three questions directly, leveling his eyes at her waiting for her to answer
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am

Echo is completely oblivious to what is going on around him besides Scarlet (Nat 1 Perception) so he doesn't notice anyone taking an interest to his conversation.

Scarlet shrugs off his comment "Most of the normal people like us around, we kick any assholish bastards we find to the curb.." she pauses as she is bombarded with the three questions and laughs it away.

"First, It is not my place to tell you who met you in Mechanicsville... You've known me long enough to know I don't have it out for you. Yes I am who you were sent to meet and it's regarding your forest visitor." She pauses, letting him remember the encounter.

"You've done right with us, so let's just say tabs were being kept on you to the best of our ability. I can't tell you what it was or why it was there but I can tell you it got my boss off-guard, so I am here throwing you a bone." Scarlet answers "We have a history, and I am going to help as I can."

Scarlet pauses and waits for any questions Jason might have before motioning over to the bar. "That man at the Bar is known as Fixer Jones, you've probably heard of him. He has his hands in just about everything Merc related in this town which says a lot. He can point you in the right direction, get you solid work. There you can get solid skills and the next time you meet that shadow, you'll be able to kill it. In theory, at least" Scarlet says, shrugging at the last part of her statement. "I gave him an anonymous tip to expect you so don't hesitate"

--------

After her last statement, with Echo still being unaware to his surroundings - when he looks at Fixer, Scarlett will Shadow Meld and leave the area before too many people take an interest in her presence, leaving Echo alone again.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
Streetwise - 1d100 = 49/46%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 79/58%
    Conditions Carried Over
JIC 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 18

Echo listens to Scarlet and shudders slightly at the remembrance of the encounter in the forest, of the chill. He then snaps back to reality with her 'keeping tabs' comment. How does one keep tabs when one doesn't know that I can... No, better not, no telling what she can do even with how long I've know her.

He doesn't have questions he is willing to ask, instead he lets Scarlet talk before she points out Fixer. "Aye, I know of Fixer, not met the man but anyone in this town who doesn't know of him is foolish." Echo mutters as he looks at the bartender listening to her talk before he feels the slightest of breezes against his face. He looks towards where Scarlet was and notices the empty seat. "Until next time then, Hun." He says quietly before pushing his plate away from him, grabbing his helmet and holding it in his left arm, he gets up and makes his way to the bar.

Why not, let's go see what this Fixer guy has to offer. Echo thinks to himself as he approaches the bar. When Fixer doesn't appear to be busy Echo will approach and introduce himself.
"Fixer Jones? I am Jason Schroeder, an acquaintance sent me your way and said you could put me on the right path." Echo states, maintaining his fourth persona.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:45 am

Fixer nods at the men leaving his bar table and turns his attention to the man standing off to his left. A wiry smile filters Fixer's face as he is greeted.

"Well Hello there Mr. Schroeder. Yes, I was told to expect you. How was your meal? Do you need a room for the night?" Fixers asks, motioning Echo to the bar seat in front of him.

Presuming Echo takes the seat and answers his other questions, Fixer will delve right into what he was told. "Yes, my good man, I was told to expect you by a mutual acquaintance." Fixer pauses and looks at the man, studying his armor, weapon and features. "You're not in Coalition gear, which is good; those types ain't much liked around here. Seem to have working armor and weapons, I presume the Defenders have your weapon or are you in need of one... I take it being the errand boy isn't your specialty?" Fixer says with something of a curious laugh.

He turns his head to one of the many waitresses floating around the room and whispers something to her Echo can hear. (Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration)
"Go to the back and get a message to The Haunt, see if they still need another body. I know two just went their way, not sure if they want another... then get back to me" Fixer whispers under his breathe and the waitress nods and scurries off to the back room while Fixer returns his attention to the Younger man in front of him.

"I can offer you errand jobs, temp jobs or try to get you a spot on an established group around these parts. From the looks of you, as I said, you aren't an errand boy and certainly not into the temporary which leaves you with one option in my eyes." Fixer studies Echo and waits for a response before adding.

"I am getting a message out to those who might be willing to take you on as you look pretty solid and capable. Any deformities I should be wary about?" Fixer asks laughing, waiting for Echo to respond.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Rolls and Conditions held

Echo will take a seat and listen to the wisened bartender as he goes on with his discussion.
"Nay, I am no errand boy. he pauses and listen to Fixer tell his waitress to send the message before adding politely "This 'Haunt' sounds interesting. "

He continues to listen to Fixer, nodding at the message prospect and shaking his head to the deformoties joke. "Solid Human" he states and he lets fixer continue
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Fixer finishes as he hears Carl come over his net. He looks to Echo and says "Pardon me a moment. Your potential employers just got back to me."

He moves to his back room for the duration of the radio. At its conclusion he returns to Echo with a smile "Alright, Lad. They want you to head on over. Ask for Carl, he's the one who answered" Fixer states as he gives Echo the Haunts coordinates. "Its been a pleasure."
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Echo nods and gets up, leaving a hundred credits at the table "Thank you for your assistance. I presume you expect more but tis is all I can spare in this moment. I take my leave. " Echo says, nodding respectively towards Fixer and making his exit.

He leaves the cafe and finds his Prowler untouched. Good thing you're still here... I'd hate to go hunting and miss my appointment. He done his helmet and mounts his Prowler and takes off towards the Haunt in a smooth and timely manner.
The Haunt
If no issues he arrives at the gate roughly fifteen minutes later, finding the walled structure rather impressive if no one is at the gate he'll use the intercom saying "Fixer sent me here to meet a 'Carl', my name is Echo"

If there are people at the gate he'll stop 15meters away from them amd introduce himself. "Good day, my name is Echo. I am looking for a Carl"
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:20 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
Radio, Basic: 1d100 = 38/73%
Streetwise: 1d100 = 42/46%
Pilot, Hovercycle: 1d100 = 6/104% (+5 from Prowler)
    Conditions -
  • AA-1 Cyber Disguise activated under the persona of Jason Schroeder.
  • Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration Active (+1 parry/ +2 dodge/ +3 initiative)
  • Multi-Optic Eye is Active (+1 Strike)
  • Bionic Drug Dispenser - Lethal Dose available for use


Echo leaves the clearing and heads back towards the Main Gates, dropping off his Rifle with the Defenders before again making his way to the Job Market Cafe, the last place he saw his former flame. While cruising, he'll send out a short message on a frequency only she knows. "It's Jason, I've got a favor to call in. I'll be at the Cafe." He states before closing the channel and returning to the Cafe.

He'll park his Prowler near the entrance just as last time and enter the Cafe, finding a bar stool and ordering a drink while removing his helmet. He'll wait for around an hour, if any longer with no signs he'll travel to the Arms Bazaar to conduct his business.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:25 am

Echo is waiting for no more than ten minutes before he notices a woman sitting next to him. She is facing forward with her eyes looking in his direction.

"I didn't expect to hear from you again so soon, My dear." She begins turning to face Echo "What can I help you with?" She asks, leveling her eyes at Echo
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 am

(Rolls Carried)

Echo pulls out a list of things he wants and needs. Some on a higher priority than others.

"This. I have a few things I need your help in acquiring at a less than market value... and some other things I imagine will require some more invested interest.." Echo begins, waiting for her to read through the list. He glances around subtly to see if anyone is watching.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:41 am

Her eyes widen slightly then narrow as she looks up back at Echo. "I can get you the first part of it, but before I do... an eye for an eye. You know the work we do here, and I didn't help set you up with your current employer without my own motivations." She thinks a moment before adding "I want you to report on their activities. Be my eyes and ears; you don't need to take unnecessary risk but this is you scratching my back." She finishes before looking at the list again.

"Do you have the amount on you" She ask, her voice lowering substantially. Regardless of if he has objections, it is her conditions and she will not bend from them. She adds near the end "We go back, Jason. I often enjoy the time with you, but I need something and this is how you are helping me to get it. I'll see what I can do about the rest of it, but for the things you asked for as soon as possible... you answer determines the speed in which you get them" she'll finish, letting him absorb all of it.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 am

(Rolls Carried)

Echo narrows his eyes slightly and tilts his head "What is your game, you know I don't betray my employers. I can do as much as tell you their targets, but I can't betray anything that would make them vulnerable, plus there is bigger fish for your group to focus on than them, but I'll give as much as I can for your help. Echo states, slightly irritated at Scarlett's request I hate it when I am used, even remotely...

Echo then nods to her question about the amount and pulls out a card with 90k on it. "Aye, we do go back, though I prefer it when I was literally scratching your back. I don't mind favors for favors, and I expect nothing free. How long will my first request take?"
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Next

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest