The Job Market Cafe (30)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:00 am

She'll quickly take the card and nod "Times were simpler then" she begins, standing up and looking back to Echo "Remember our arrangement. Go back to your headquarters, you can expect a delivery in an hour with your requested items."

As quickly as she had appeared she vanishes in the maze of people. ((Using your Streetwise)) Echo is able to tell at least one or two people took a small interest in his conversation with Scarlett.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks
Ace of Spades is also James Miller.

“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the Ace.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:08 am

Echo nods as she leaves and quickly catches the few who paid a little more attention than they should have. He'll leave a few for the waitress then leave the Cafe.

He'll retrieve his Prowler and move again to The Haunt, seemingly embarrassed as he doesn't have the code to enter the gate. He'll use the intercom to ask for entrance and directions to their garage. I know Carl left about the same time I did, hopefully he is here to let me in. I don't know the rest of the squad...
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hours Williams » Mon May 18, 2015 11:52 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10+3
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 11

Hours reaches the Cafe and stops in the middle of the doorway to survey the premises. He audibly sighs at the sear number of different types D-bee. "Lord have mercy, and here I thought Arzno had a huge population of D-bees" he says to himself.
He walks in and finds a table, dropping his saddle bags onto it, he moves a chair so he can see the scrolling bulletin board and sprawls out in it.
He'll brush some of the dirt and dust off himself, when a more human looking waitress/waiter comes by he'll stop them and order a cold beer. In short order he begins to get bored and begins looking around for something to amuse himself with.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2015 7:38 am

Duke wrote:"I'm looking for work, is there somebody I can talk to? I know this ain't the swamp but I'm pretty decent with a rifle and I get on fine in the wilderness, can track real good and all that. And I'd also like a hot meal. Whatever's convenient."

A woman wearing a skirt and sensible flats swings by and is about to read Duke the daily special when he pre-empts her. "You should check the boards, hon. They're touch screen, but if you can't read American, maybe one of the folks around you can help. As to the what's convenient, I'd go for the Pot Roast. The turkey looked a little dry to me." Duke notices a dusty-looking fellow walk in after he's heard about the daily special (Hours).
Hours Williams wrote:Hours reaches the Cafe and stops in the middle of the doorway to survey the premises. He audibly sighs at the sear number of different types D-bee. "Lord have mercy, and here I thought Arzno had a huge population of D-bees" he says to himself. He walks in and finds a table, dropping his saddle bags onto it, he moves a chair so he can see the scrolling bulletin board and sprawls out in it. He'll brush some of the dirt and dust off himself, when a more human looking waitress/waiter comes by he'll stop them and order a cold beer. In short order he begins to get bored and begins looking around for something to amuse himself with.

There's a couple openings for contract work with Larsen's Brigade on the boards, Air Superiority, Inc. has a couple technical positions available, among the smaller outfits, The Spook Squad, The Templar, Explorers Inc., and AA Professional Services also show open positions available. A slender Mexican fellow swings by Hours' table, and within a minute he has a cold, dark porter with a thick head and an aroma of bitters in his hand.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hours Williams » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

The Game Master wrote:There's a couple openings for contract work with Larsen's Brigade on the boards, Air Superiority, Inc. has a couple technical positions available, among the smaller outfits, The Spook Squad, The Templar, Explorers Inc., and AA Professional Services also show open positions available. A slender Mexican fellow swings by Hours' table, and within a minute he has a cold, dark porter with a thick head and an aroma of bitters in his hand.


Hours thanks the man for the quick service and the cold beer. Sipping the beer, Hours turns his attention back to the bulletin board. 'Those smaller operations seem like the place to make a start. I might be more use there than in one of the larger ones.' Eyeing up some of the ladies in the cafe he think, 'After my dogs stop barking and I finish this beer or two.'

Smiling happily at any woman who looks his way, Hours noticed a guy in camo looking his way. He touches the brim of his hat in a greeting. "Howdy, hell of town ain't."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 am

Hours wrote:Smiling happily at any woman who looks his way, Hours noticed a guy in camo looking his way. He touches the brim of his hat in a greeting. "Howdy, hell of town ain't."


Ironically Hours get's a reply, but not from the gentleman in camo. Off to his left an old grizzled bear of man laughs through his whiskey, "Hell ain't the half of it, son."

Passing a nod off to the slinger he gestures for another double from the bartender before continuing their conversation. "Names Buggy, I'm a Sheriff just outside of town." Taking his double in one swift, weary, gulp he sighs. "Not much of a place mind you, but we just had some ne'er do wells or some such just up and plop down. Some kind of Merc outfit, used to call themselves the Templar's or some such. . . Ridiculous if you ask me. As it stands, from where I'm sitting, you look like a man who knows his way around a pair of good old fashioned six-shooters and I'm in need of another red-blooded human to keep an eye on these folk."

Now standing nearer to you, it becomes apparent this man is no stranger to hardship - in fact, he looks like something a vanguard brawler scraped off his ass-kicking boot mid-summer after a jaunty trek through the vampire kingdoms. . .

"If you're in need of work, pop on down - cause' if I know fool-hearty, I guarantee it'll be a wild ride."

With that the man hands you a crude, hand-drawn map circling a small shanty a mile or two outside of Merctown -not more than a half-hour, taking your time- tips his hat, and wanders out of the bar.
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hours Williams » Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Stormbringer wrote:Ironically Hours get's a reply, but not from the gentleman in camo. Off to his left an old grizzled bear of man laughs through his whiskey, "Hell ain't the half of it, son."


Hours swings his head around to see who his reply has come from. 'Wow, this guy has been around.' jumps into his mind when he first lays eyes upon the man speaking to him.

Passing a nod off to the slinger he gestures for another double from the bartender before continuing their conversation. "Names Buggy, I'm a Sheriff just outside of town." Taking his double in one swift, weary, gulp he sighs. "Not much of a place mind you, but we just had some ne'er do wells or some such just up and plop down. Some kind of Merc outfit, used to call themselves the Templar's or some such. . . Ridiculous if you ask me. As it stands, from where I'm sitting, you look like a man who knows his way around a pair of good old fashioned six-shooters and I'm in need of another red-blooded human to keep an eye on these folk."


Returning the greeting, he listens to the man speak his peace. He does his best not to show surprise at the revelation that this guy is a sheriff. 'Templars, I just saw them on the board.' he thinks to himself and out loud he says, “Yes sir, I'm kind of parshall to lead over energy.” patting the .45 on his right hip.

Now standing nearer to you, it becomes apparent this man is no stranger to hardship - in fact, he looks like something a vanguard brawler scraped off his ass-kicking boot mid-summer after a jaunty trek through the vampire kingdoms. . .


With the sheriff standing so close, he can't help but think, 'Geezz, this guys been more than around.'

"If you're in need of work, pop on down - cause' if I know fool-hearty, I guarantee it'll be a wild ride."

With that the man hands you a crude, hand-drawn map circling a small shanty a mile or two outside of Merctown -not more than a half-hour, taking your time- tips his hat, and wanders out of the bar.


Accepting the map, he says, “Well, thank ya mister for the heads up. I will give this some serious thought.” and watches the shaggy sheriff leave the cafe. After about five minutes, Hours quickly finishes off the last of his beer, gathers his gear and heads out of the door.

Back outside, he takes a big deep breath and heads for the gate out of Merctown. 'I'll have to check out the Wilk's store some other time, right now I've got to go find this town and the Templars.' After walking a while, Hours says out loud to nobody, “Damn, I miss that horse.” kicking at the dirt as he goes.

To the Templars!
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 am

Perception: 1d201d20 = 19
J.I.C: 1d20 1d20 = 7 | 1d100 1d100 = 57

What's the difference between a hooker and a crazy?, chuckling softly to himself, Fitz slides the cigar from the righcorner of his mouth to the left corner. Nothing.. They're both trying to make a killing... As Fitz enters, his eyes begin to dart about. His old merc days coming up in his mind, but just barely ever so. Damnit, what can I not remember... It's like my brains got hogwashed. can be barely heard come from behind his mask, as he makes his way to the counter. Unsure whether to let his instincts take over, Fitz begins to chew heavily on the cigar.
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:13 am

Fitzpatrick is quickly addressed by one of the barmaids. "Can I get you anything to eat or drink, sir?"
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Perception: 1d20: 1d20 = 18
J.I.C: 1d20 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 1d100 = 8

Major Arcana wrote:Fitzpatrick is quickly addressed by one of the barmaids. "Can I get you anything to eat or drink, sir?"


Sir? Am I that old? Smirking, he would shrug slightly. "I have no clue what is good, and what is not. For all I know, the best dish could be the previous guys entrails." Finding a open table, he would politely ask "May I get a menu of today's poisons?"
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:21 pm

She does as asked and returns with a menu of sorts and while Fitzpatrick is looking over it, he sees the room bustling with activity of people like him. Guns for hires, spellcasters and psionic users alike. All working around a job board and more than half in different conversations with the same man. One he can safely assume is Fixer Jones.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:48 am

Perception: 1d20 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 1d20 = 17 | 1d100 1d100 = 14
Major Arcana wrote:She does as asked and returns with a menu of sorts and while Fitzpatrick is looking over it, he sees the room bustling with activity of people like him. Guns for hires, spellcasters and psionic users alike. All working around a job board and more than half in different conversations with the same man. One he can safely assume is Fixer Jones.

Spotting who he thinks is Fixer Jones, he would debate approaching him in the crowd. I don't want the world knowing who I am. mulling it over, the cigar slides from the left corner of his mouth, to the right. "Darling, I will have a whiskey on the rocks" Standing up, he would look down at her, "I'll be right back. He would step around the table and make his way to Fixer Jones. Might as well get it over now. See how many toes I can step on over here.
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

((Sorry for the late reply, Weekend demanded my attention))

As Fitz approaches the bar, the man talking with Fixer moves away and Fixer turns his attention to the large 'borg approaching him. "Well, what can I do for you?" Fixer asks with a smile as he begins cleaning a glass to make time pass.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Major Arcana wrote:As Fitz approaches the bar, the man talking with Fixer moves away and Fixer turns his attention to the large 'borg approaching him. "Well, what can I do for you?" Fixer asks with a smile as he begins cleaning a glass to make time pass.

Perception : 1D20 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 1d20 = 16 | 1D100 1d100 = 17
((All good, hope your not a raccoon again!))

"Well, since your momentarily free. I be in search of work, or someone to hurt... Been out of the game a few days, and it is by far to long!" Grabbing the lighter from his pocket, it would begin to twirl (hopefully) through his fingers.

((P.S: Hope your Manic Monday was not to manic!!))
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Fixer places a hand on his chin and eyes Fitz slowly before nodding. "Alright, I have a few contacts who I could call. Give me a moment, in the meantime, enjoy a beer." Fixer states, sliding him a beer then moving around the corner and out of sight.
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Perception: 1D20 1d20 = 3
J.I.C: 1D20 1d20 = 13 | 1D100 1d100 = 81

As the beer slides across the bar-to, his hand would reach out to try and catch it After wrapping his hand gingerly around it, the cigar would slide along his lips to the right side. Eyeing Fixer, he would nod "Thank you kindly for your hospitality." sighing as his hand rested on the brew, he would chuckle in-wardly This seems like it might take a while, I don't drink, and I'm assuming he knows it.
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Major Arcana » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:02 pm

It doesn't take as long as Fitz thinks before Fixer returns with a grin on his face. "Turns out yer in luck. A group of mercs is willing to give you a trial run, call themselves The Spook Squad. Established and coordinated, this is where they are located." Fixer states, handing Fitz a small pad with directions before continuing. "Use their intercom at the gate 'nd as for Carl. Say I sent ya, they'll take over from there."
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Fitzpatrick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:29 am

-rolls carried-
Thinking to himself as his hand unwraps around the mug, Wonder what he got me. Been a while out of the game. Time to get my stick wet. He would look at Fixer as he speaks. Nodding slightly "Thanks again. Perhaps, they have a proper door bell?" Standing, he would leave the mug, still frosted slightly. "Leave it for the next smuck." having said and done what he needed. He would make his way to the designated location.
Fitzpatrick
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hank Smith » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 26
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 79

Hank walks into the cafe quietly, his dark, week old beard scratchy on his face. He looks around the cafe for a place to sit, eat, and think. He wears light body armor, his helmet tucked under his arm. He absentmindedly fingers a small, blue gem hanging from his neck.

"Well, Sara, where should we sit?" he mutters.

While Hank looks for a place to sit, he also starts thinking about his next job. It needs to be something different, something new. He feels his life is stagnating, and that is not what Sara would want.
Hank Smith
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Hank is not alone, of course.

The place is busy. Really, really busy.

And so it shouldn't come as a surprise that someone takes notice of him.

Well, someone other than the waitress that is.

In fact, multiple people are looking at him though nobody actually has any courage to speak. Almost nobody, that is.

The one that does? A rough looking woman dressed in farmer's clothes. She has tattoos coming out of both sleeves, a cigarette in her mouth and she smells noticeably of the land. Not dung or animal, but noticeably of someone who has been working outside.

"Who's Sara, ace? She an invisible mutant, a ghost, or are ya talkin' to the almighty?"

OOC: Welcome, Hank! Traditionally on EU here any spoken text is highlighted in bold. Anything thought is in italics and anything radio is blue. I don't know/think I'll be allowed to have you as the Templar are on full slots, but I'll keep you going with a post every couple of days until someone gets you.
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hank Smith » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 23
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 27

Hank looks up at the woman, startled out of his reverie. She smells of...exploration., he thinks. Hank cracks a smile, and it feels like the first in months. He likes this rough-hewed woman.

"I suppose Sara is something of a ghost. But then again..." Hank trails off as he touches the blue gem around his neck. "No, no she's not a ghost," he says firmly, as if this is not the first time he has come to this conclusion. He smiles again at the woman. "Actually, I'm looking for some work. Think of me as a, sort of, scientist-for-hire."

OOC: Thanks! OK, got it. That sounds good. As long as I am roleplaying in EU, I'm a happy rogue scientist.
Hank Smith
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm

The woman looks very dubiously at Hank.

"Ya on drugs, buddy?" She wonders out loud. "Or, hrm."

She leans over, really close to him. Once again there is the sense and sensation that she has been very close to the land.

"You don't have any of them metal things growin' out of your head, so I guess you're not a crazy." She sounds almost put out. Like she really thought he was one, or that she always wanted to meet one.

There's also another scent on her, that isn't farming.

Yep . . it's alcohol.

"My name's Lianne. What kinda sciencing do ya do?"
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Hank Smith » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 24
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 51

Hank, almost instinctual, leans back from the stronger current of alcohol coming from Lianne's breath.

"No, I'm not one of those things," he says with a laugh. "I dabble in a few things: history, chemistry, astronomy. I also specialize in trying not to get killed when I'm out there sciencing. Seems to have worked so far," he says with a wink.
Hank Smith
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby EBAH » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:28 pm

The stench of alcohol dissipates as the farmer talks a little more about this and that. Her questions to Hank are lightweight, not idle chat per se, but not probing. Sure she learns his name, and maybe a thing or two about his journeys. She speaks with a very slight drawl, noticeable mostly in her cadence, it is slightly slower and a little drawn out. It's actually kind of appealing, somehow, striking a chord. Lianne is not the traditional "beauty" but her smile is enough to light up a room and easily makes Hank forget about everyone else in the establishment. Though younger, she does not appear childish in anyway, but quite capable, even though she is slightly inebriated. Thankfully, that is the only thing she shares with Sara.

Her right hand holds her drink, her left is fiddling with a comm or phone of some sort. She idly pushes a couple buttons as they talk.

[Blah blah blah. She made her seduction roll vs your JIC and well, you bombed man! So GM fiat...]

She says, "Hank, I'm a little bit, well, I don't think I should drive. You walk me to my car? Maybe I'll sober up a little on the way."

At this point there's no way Hank can say no.

[Post reply here.]
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Perception 1d100 = 85
JIC 1d20 = 18
JIC 1d100 = 5

Dhaltuun approaches the cafe. He stops out front and looks it over. ”Looks well used, but loved.” He gives his beard a quick smoothing with his hand. As he does the same to his bird ”Lets go in, my girl. We will get some dinner then see if we can find work.”

With Marcella sitting pretty on his shoulder, Dhaltuun enters....

IF noone says anything about the bird -
Looking around, Dhatluun finds an empty spot, putting his pack down carefully, he takes a seat. "Smells good in here." Using the knowledge he has gleaned from his mom, he sniffs the air (( Cooking 1d100 = 43/45% / professional)) while he waits for a server.


IF anyone says anything about the bird -
Dhaltuun is stunned "Never before has that been an issue, but as a guest, i will respect your rules." He gives Marcella a quick pet "Ok, my girl. You must behave and stay outside. Post up on a building nearby. Keep yer eyes open and warn me if incoming." He watches her fly off before turning back to the person who spoke "After you." Looking around, Dhatluun finds an empty spot, putting his pack down carefully, he takes a seat. "Smells good in here." Using the knowledge he has gleaned from his mom, he sniffs the air ((Cooking - see above roll)) while he waits for a server.
1d100 = 55
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:22 pm

The Job Market Cafe turned out to be a really busy place. Mercs, adventurers and the occasional local clearly frequented this establishment on a pretty regular basis. The bulk of the job postings were mercenary related though there were others such as the occasional posting looking for people to play various juicer and gladiatorial style games, then there were the postings listing all sorts of various bounties and finally a few local postings looking for things like farm hands, sales people and other much more mundane jobs.

While eating his meal and perusing the various jobs, Dhaltuun notices that there's a posting looking for people for a group called The Templar of Merctown. It was a fairly small outfit but one that specialized in handling supernatural threats such as monsters, demons, and other similar creatures. No doubt such a group would give serious consideration to any magic user seeking to sign up. According to the posting there was an address about an hour of of Merctown at some farm in a basically unnamed farming village that probably primarily grew crops to sell to Merctown itself.
Captain Cook
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:04 am

Perception 1d20 = 20
JIC 1d20 = 11
JIC 1d100 = 80

The Job Market Cafe turned out to be a really busy place. Mercs, adventurers and the occasional local clearly frequented this establishment on a pretty regular basis.


Dhaltuun looks around as he waits. ”Oye, This place is amazing. So many different people. Reminds me of the docks at home, but ALOT more variety as well as number.” He notices the job board just as the server arrives. ”Ah, Yes!! The food here smells great. I will have something simple. Steak, rare, and a side of mashed potatoes....and a big mug of beer. Oh, May i also ask for a dozen raw oysters to go?” He looks out the window ”I ordered you some oysters.” He smiles as he feels the appreciation.

While eating his meal and perusing the various jobs, Dhaltuun notices that there's a posting looking for people for a group called The Templar of Merctown. It was a fairly small outfit but one that specialized in handling supernatural threats such as monsters, demons, and other similar creatures. No doubt such a group would give serious consideration to any magic user seeking to sign up. According to the posting there was an address about an hour out of Merctown at some farm in a basically unnamed farming village that probably primarily grew crops to sell to Merctown itself.


Dhaltuun re-reads the ad. ”Sounds good. I think i will send Marcella to take a look before i show up.” He closes his eyes for a minute. ”Marcella, I need you to go to this farm and take a peek from in the air. If all looks good, land somewhere safe and i will come to you. I am gonna finish eating, pay and then head out.” Opening his eyes, Dhaltuun digs into his meal.

As soon as he is done eating, he signals the server. ”That was excellent. From one chef to another, your chef has my compliments. May i get my bill?” Dhaltuun pays and gathers his belongings, and heads out to find a spot to open a rift. Once he finds a quiet alley, he opens a rift to Marcella and steps thru.

((he Farm – Templars’ Base))
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Okubo Hiroki » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:53 am

Per: 1d20 = 5
JiC20: 1d20 = 8
JiC100: 1d100 = 83

Although he had picked an employer, he knew little about them. This is a cafe. Why not have a meal besides rice or dried soup? Making his way to a barstool he sat down. If there was anything resembling Japanese food, he would order. Otherwise, he asks for a chicken sandwich with fries and vinegar. He already missed Japanese food. Perhaps he should have learned to cook. If they didn't have sake or any japanese beers, he will order a domestic light lager. It is closest in flavour to a Japanese beer, he reasons.

When the server or bartender comes over, he produces the business card, "What do you know of this team? Is it a good team? Successful much?" If the bartender says they were a bunch of misfits, he will reassess his options. He says little else, but keeps his ears open, listening to conversations around him, trying to learn of friends and enemies alike.
Okubo Hiroki
 

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby EBAH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Okubo finds a seat at a bar-like counter. It's fairly crowded in the cafe, so it's probably luck that he has an open seat on either side. The diner menu is complicated. Thankfully they food items are accompanied by pictures so it is no problem to pick out the chicken burger basket. He recognized what looked like rice in some pictures but it was always paired with something unholy or just looked dirty. They do not have any Japanese beer, unfortunately. They do have a wide selection of micro-brews from around the city and the nearby area. Also, conveniently with pictures, so he is able to select a likely candidate meeting his standards.


When the server - a woman with pointy ears, face tattoos and long braids - arrives she is able to rapidly make out what Okubo is trying to order. His American is accented, but the woman is skilled at interpreting accents way worse. "Just a few minutes on the beer, hon," she says moving off to the next customers.

As he sits waiting for his meal, he has plenty of time to people watch and take in the environment with all his senses. There is a slight damp chill to the air outside, so the warmth of the cafe is borderline comfortable vs too warm. The late afternoon sun is angling in the windows, creating pockets of shadow around the big common room. Overhead the simple barn style pendants give the place a well light, but not too bright, ambiance. Okubo can smell food cooking back in the kitchen, mostly fried fare, and the numerous pots of coffee brewing. There are easily a dozen languages being spoken. They all sound terribly foreign except for the English and he does pick up snippets of Chinese across the room, but it's hard to pinpoint its origin. The visual riot is just a intense as the aural blast. There are creatures (seemingly sentient) from less than a meter to easily 3.5 meters, squeezed inside the building somehow. Most of the humanoids were body armor of some. Almost every being has a sidearm or two or three. Swords are also in profusion, followed by knives of wicked and ridiculous varieties. All told, there's probably 125 -150 customers in the place. It is bustling.

Some even look downright demonish, but they are standing around talking and laughing with regular people.

Okubo also has time to scan the big monitors. Even without being able to read them, he can tell that the mercenaries in the cafe are paying very close attention to them. He also has no problem understanding that whatever they say, it involves money, so that probably means work.

His food arrives in about 10 minutes. The fries are piping hot and the chicken is nice and crispy. The bun is a little sad, but nothing too horrendous. When the server drops the basket off she says, "Crap, forgot the vinegar, be right back." and then hustles off only to return a minute later with a plastic squeeze bottle of local brewed vinegar. She puts her hands on her hips and give Okubo a knowing look, "What kind of work you interested in, fella?"

Continue you post here!
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Barracuda » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 34

Haven't been back here in a minute! First place I stopped in when I made it here.

Barracuda pulls up a seat and orders himself a coffee. Once he's got his caff in hand, he takes a look around at the electronic bulletin boards to see if there's any info on a McGrath. If not, he'll saunter up to the counter and say "Hi! I'm looking for some...information. Who would I talk to about that?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:22 am

Barracuda has a seat and orders a coffee. The young waitress smiles at you, a long brown lock of hair falling in her eyes as she pours your coffee. She shakes her head trying to get the lock out of her vision but eventually gives up. Getting the coffee poured, she laughs mildly embarrassed and hands the cup to you. Creamer and sugar are tucked in a basket on the counter. The coffee is as good as always. Looking at the boards, there doesn't appear to be any info about McGrath. Seeing Fixer walk by, you ask about who you'd talk to for info. Fixer replies, "That's me. What can I do for you."

Assuming you ask him about McGrath, he replies. "Yeah, it's still up here." He flips through a console, looking at the screen in a puzzled fashion. "Hmmm, odd. It was up here. Here, let me pull the backup... there you go." he says, nodding at the screen. "Doesn't pay much but it shouldn't be too hard." he says continuing on his way. As he leaves, he says something off hand. "Keep your eyes open though."

Image

Missing: Professor Carter McGrath
Bounty Commissioned by: Collegiate Arcane
Payment: 75,000 credits
Known Statistics
Full Name: Carter Lewis McGrath
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Age: 35
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 195lbs
Build: Average
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Light Brown
Known Capabilities: Moderate magic aptitude, speaks numerous languages, numerous contacts
Last Known Location: Merctown
Background Information: Last seen in Merctown three months ago. Had returned the year previous after many years absent. 75,000 credits for the return or information that results in the return of Professor McGrath. Explorer at heart, he may be anywhere, though normally he would have notified colleagues.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 25

Barracuda smiles at/with the waitress having the hair issues and gratefully accepts his cup of coffee. Mmm... Best part of waking up. He doesn't add any sugar or cream to his coffee and instead, just lets the warm liquid pass over his tongue and down his throat where the caffeine will eventually energize him for the rest of his day. Seeing Fixer, he smiles at the man. Upon getting the information (which he prints out and puts in his utility belt), Ben stands up and shakes Fixer's hand. "Hey, thanks for taking the time to chat with me. When I got here a while back, you were the one who got me hooked up with Heroes for Hire. Best thing that could have happened to me. I'll tell Sir Ronith you say hi?" Keep your eyes open though... Everything about this is so cryptic. I'll have to consult with the others.

Once he's all done at the Job Market Cafe, he heads out to the Heroes Haven to check in with Ronith about this job. Maybe we should just leave it alone?
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Bettie Houser » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 68

Bettie parks her hover-cycle and head on inside, finding a seat at the bar. She orders food and a couple beers before asking the waitress, "Say, I'm new around here, so I was just wondering who do I talk to about finding work around here?".
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Townsend » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Tuesday, February 4th, 111 PA
9:00am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
33 degrees F (projected high of 45)


((OOC: for the sake of convenience, Bettie, I'm putting you at the roughly same time as the rest of the GIRLS. Besides, shouldn't EVERYONE have beer with breakfast every once in a while?))

Bettie Houser wrote:Bettie parks her hover-cycle and head on inside, finding a seat at the bar. She orders food and a couple beers before asking the waitress, "Say, I'm new around here, so I was just wondering who do I talk to about finding work around here?".


Even though it's in the morning hours, the Job Market Cafe is bustling with mercs and those who want to hire them. The establishment looks like it could seat roughly 200 people and by Bettie's best guess there's at least 125-150 in there. The air is thick with the smell of eggs, bacon, coffee, beer, sweat, gun oil, and a million other scents.

As the waitress -- an older lady with silver hair and a skosh too much eye shadow -- comes back with Bettie's order she ponders her question. "Well, hon, most of the available jobs are up there on the Job Wall..." she points to a wall behind the juicer with a number of electronic bulletin boards scrolling through with various advertisements. "But if you want to get the latest scoop, you want to talk to Fixer over there." She points to a paunchy, middle-aged guy sitting in a corner booth eating breakfast while at the same time working away on a portable computer. "If anyone can hook you up with the right group on the right job, it's him." She leans in a bit as she sets down Bettie's beers. "Just a bit of free advice though, hon -- wait until he's done eating before you go talk to him. His eggs getting cold on him is one of the few things that makes him grumpy."
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Bettie Houser » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 52

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.", Bettie says with a smile, "I planned on eating my own breakfast before talking to anyone anyways.", she keeps to herself with a shrug. She digs into her breakfast, downing 3 beers with her meal as well as asking for one more beer to go. Once she finishes she looks to see if Fixer Jones is still around and done with his own breakfast, if so she heads over to him, otherwise she will just wait until he is done before heading over. Without preamble Bettie speaks up, "So, the waitress says you're the guy ta' see about who is looking to hire here in town and it happens I'm looking for a job. Prefferably one that pays well....but more importantly one where no one asks questions about a girl's past.", Bettie underscores the last statement with a meaningful look.
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Townsend » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Tuesday, February 4th, 111 PA
9:30(ish)am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
33 degrees F (projected high of 45)


Bettie Houser wrote:"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.", Bettie says with a smile, "I planned on eating my own breakfast before talking to anyone anyways.", she keeps to herself with a shrug. She digs into her breakfast, downing 3 beers with her meal as well as asking for one more beer to go. Once she finishes she looks to see if Fixer Jones is still around and done with his own breakfast, if so she heads over to him, otherwise she will just wait until he is done before heading over. Without preamble Bettie speaks up, "So, the waitress says you're the guy ta' see about who is looking to hire here in town and it happens I'm looking for a job. Prefferably one that pays well....but more importantly one where no one asks questions about a girl's past.", Bettie underscores the last statement with a meaningful look.


Bettie times it just about perfectly as Fixer is finishing the last bite of his breakfast as she walks up. "Did she now? Did she also tell you to wait until I've finished eating?" He chuckles. "Daisy's such a sweetheart, always trying to make sure I can at least have one meal in peace each day. Gotta love her." He wipes his mouth with his napkin and gestures to the seat across from him. "But please, sit down. Let's talk employment options, shall we Miss...?" he gives her the classic "what-is-your-name" look.

Once Bettie's seated (and gives him her name) he takes a good look at her without saying much of anything. Bettie's not 100% sure if he's looking at her or through her. After the longest-seeming few seconds ever on record he rubs his chin. "A juicer with a pretty face but an ugly past. Not afraid of being direct but also willing to follow suggestions. Looking for acceptance over salary. Verrrrrrry interesting... I wonder..." He snaps his fingers and taps on his computer keyboard. "Yep, that's what I thought."

He turns back to her. "Ma'am, mercenary work is plentiful around here and most new arrivals can find something paying enough to suit them within just a few minutes of staring at the job board. You could take your pick of openings from there but you came to me instead. That tells me you're looking for more than just a job -- that you're looking for a home. A place with friends, comrades, fellow warriors. Something that represents more than a target and a paycheck. One of the best options for something like that is with a small group, preferably one that's just starting out. Groups that small aren't as heavily constrained by policies and guidelines so they're more interested in what you can contribute to building the organization than what's in your rear view mirror. Know what I mean?"

He pulls out a notepad and a pencil. "Now there aren't any groups like that officially recruiting at the moment, but I have heard through the grapevine that one may be in the works. I could be wrong of course but I'm usually pretty good at spotting this sort of thing..." He scribbles down a short note, folds up the piece of paper, and hands it to Bettie. "Go to the The Palace Hotel & Casino in the Hub section of town. When you get to the front desk, ask to be taken up to the Majestic Suite and tell them that Fixer Jones sent you. Once you get up to the suite you should find either a tall purple-haired woman with a hard edge to her or a rather short dark-haired woman packing enough Naruni hardware to be a company rep. If you're lucky you'll find both of them there. Whichever one you find, give them this note. From there, however, you're on your own -- so good luck..." he adds with a smile. "Is there anything else I can do for you, ma'am?"
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Bettie Houser » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 87

Townsend wrote:Bettie times it just about perfectly as Fixer is finishing the last bite of his breakfast as she walks up. "Did she now? Did she also tell you to wait until I've finished eating?" He chuckles. "Daisy's such a sweetheart, always trying to make sure I can at least have one meal in peace each day. Gotta love her." He wipes his mouth with his napkin and gestures to the seat across from him. "But please, sit down. Let's talk employment options, shall we Miss...?" he gives her the classic "what-is-your-name" look.

Once Bettie's seated (and gives him her name) he takes a good look at her without saying much of anything. Bettie's not 100% sure if he's looking at her or through her. After the longest-seeming few seconds ever on record he rubs his chin. "A juicer with a pretty face but an ugly past. Not afraid of being direct but also willing to follow suggestions. Looking for acceptance over salary. Verrrrrrry interesting... I wonder..." He snaps his fingers and taps on his computer keyboard. "Yep, that's what I thought."

He turns back to her. "Ma'am, mercenary work is plentiful around here and most new arrivals can find something paying enough to suit them within just a few minutes of staring at the job board. You could take your pick of openings from there but you came to me instead. That tells me you're looking for more than just a job -- that you're looking for a home. A place with friends, comrades, fellow warriors. Something that represents more than a target and a paycheck. One of the best options for something like that is with a small group, preferably one that's just starting out. Groups that small aren't as heavily constrained by policies and guidelines so they're more interested in what you can contribute to building the organization than what's in your rear view mirror. Know what I mean?"

He pulls out a notepad and a pencil. "Now there aren't any groups like that officially recruiting at the moment, but I have heard through the grapevine that one may be in the works. I could be wrong of course but I'm usually pretty good at spotting this sort of thing..." He scribbles down a short note, folds up the piece of paper, and hands it to Bettie. "Go to the The Palace Hotel & Casino in the Hub section of town. When you get to the front desk, ask to be taken up to the Majestic Suite and tell them that Fixer Jones sent you. Once you get up to the suite you should find either a tall purple-haired woman with a hard edge to her or a rather short dark-haired woman packing enough Naruni hardware to be a company rep. If you're lucky you'll find both of them there. Whichever one you find, give them this note. From there, however, you're on your own -- so good luck..." he adds with a smile. "Is there anything else I can do for you, ma'am?"


Bettie excepts the folded paper with a smile, "Tall woman with purple locks, or or a short one carrying an arsenal and dark locks at the Palace Hotel in the Hub, ask for the Majestic Suite, tell them you sent me and hand over this note to one of the two women. Got it. Much appreciated Mr. Jones, been a pleasure talkin' with ya'!", Bettie finishes her second beer in one long pull, leaves a 5 credit tip on her tab and heads outside to her hover-cycle. Starting the cycle up she looks over the map trying to sort out which direction The Hub is as well as where exactly The Palace Hotel is located. Once she is fairly sure she knows where she is going she pulls the cycle out onto the street and heads off. If necessary, she stops and asks for directions.


Destination: The Hub - The Palace Hotel & Casino


{Skill Rolls}
Land Navigation 1d100 = 64%/ 53% FAIL
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 4

Colt strolls in to the Job Market Café, not like he owns the place or anything, just with confidence. He doesn't swagger, either, nor is it a predatory walk despite him being a Psi-Stalker. It is casual, almost too casual, but only a professional would really notice. He is trying just a bit too hard to look like he is relaxed and nonchalant. His eyes scan the room quickly in a once-over, and then begin to look around more slowly.

He makes his way to the job board, and slowly looks it over. It isn't quite what he is looking for, however. He wants something a bit more juicy and perhaps some people to watch his back. He has a hard time trusting, of course, but being alone is rough in other ways.

Since someone is with the fixer at the moment, he takes a seat and gets a coffee while he waits. REAL coffee? That's a treat! He smiles ever so slightly as he sips at it.
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:58 pm

The wait is longer than expected. The two waitresses are all that seem to be on staff right now. One appears to have delivered incorrect food and a less than pleasant woman in bushman armor is berating her while the other young waitress seems to be... preoccupied with a table full of young merc wannabes at the other end of the cafe. A merc sitting beside you sees you waiting for service and leans over the counter, making eye contact with Fixer then nabbing the coffee pot and a cup, pouring it for you.

Image

"It's not usually like this, but he just had two quit on him. You new in town? I've not seen you in here before. The name's Meleah" she says. She appears to be an elf but is wearing a set of well loved armor that may... or may not be modified dead boy armor. Her dark brown hair is most certainly under the effects of helmet hair, but other then that she seems to be young and reasonably attractive though sporting a large scar running from her chin up across her mouth to her right cheek.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 20

Colt is used to having to be patient, as a former military person - hurry up and wait being one of the key phrases to military life. And often long times of boredom with nothing to do but wait is a hazard. So he is waiting patiently when he looks around again and the mercenary next to him catches his eye.

He takes offered coffee cup, after a moment's hesitation, with a nod and a "My thanks." He takes a sip, savoring the taste - and it doesn't matter how good or bad it is, it's coffee and it's been a while since he's had any.

He turns to look at the woman as she speaks. He gives a shrug about the quitters, but nods as she speaks on. "Yup. Just arrived recently." Small pause. "You can call me Colt."

He definitely notes the possibly Deadboy armor, but more importantly notes her attractiveness and the scar that enhances that. He lifts the coffee cup up in a salute to her.
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:09 am

Meleah smiles and takes a drink from her own coffee. "So you're obviously a stalker, but what's your skill set? A particular work preference?" she says. Then almost seeming to realize something she adds, "Sorry, I'm sure you're here to talk to Fixer or scan the boards but figured I'd help you out as I've been helped out when I came here. Plus looks like Fixer is going to busy for bit." she says, nodding down the counter where Fixer Jones seems to be deep in some business with a "customer" retrieving books.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 6

Colt hesitates and then gives her a nod. "I see. Well, I guess I appreciate it then, if not for the help then at least for the company. An' the coffee."

He seems almost like he isn't going to speak on for a moment, but then gives a shrug. "I'm a Stalker, but I'm also what's called a...Psi-Nullifier. Very useful against those who wield magic an' psionics." He takes another sip of his coffee. "But it can also mess with those around you who are friendly." He gives a small smile and another shrug. "I have some military trainin' as well."

He tilts his head for a moment. "I'm jus' lookin' for merc work. I'm not particular at the moment. Man's gotta eat, after all."
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:06 am

Meleah takes a drink of her own coffee and nods. "Yeah, starving is not much fun." she says with a wry smile. "So you can get deep with the magic angle? That's useful and good marketing." She seems to be puzzling over something for a moment before saying, "You might want to go to the Crimson Dragon in the Mystic Quarter. I heard Ignatos is having some trouble and needs some extra hands and feet. He's a dragon but one in business, so he's trustworthy as far as it goes. Just get it in writing if there are an special deals." she adds, suggesting she may have experience with Ignatos herself.

Fixer finally manages to conclude his other business and gets the preoccupied waitress to see to your dining needs. Looking on the job screen, you do see many odd jobs ranging from escort missions to missing persons, including a missing mage from the local magic guild. Aside from the Meleah's mention of Ignatos, there seem to be some easy jobs within Merctown that essentially guards. In particular there is an open position for a guard at the docks and another for a security detail for an upcoming concert for a musician of some standing.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Colt favors Meleah with a small smile when she gives the wry smile. He nods in agreement as he listens to her. "It is what I do. It is one of my marketable skills, yes." The word 'marketable' almost sounds like it is not one he uses often.

He tries to hide his grimace at the mention of a dragon. He tries not to follow the Coalition purity views anymore and view all magic-users and magic creatures as abominations, but the ingrained world-view is hard to shake. After all, he is talking to an elf currently!

So he tries to play it off as if he is memorizing what she has said, the unfamiliar names. "Crimson Dragon. Mystic Quarter. Ignatos. Thank you."

He looks over the list of jobs once that is made available as well. He looks at the security detail and the guard position. As he mulled them over, he looked back at Meleah. "May I ask what are you currently employed doing?"
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 am

Meleah takes another sip from her coffee and says "No one now. Literally just wrapped up a repo job. My crew is a taking some R and R before we look for more work. Repo work is tough. It's easier when you can just shoot someone." she says with a laugh. "The boss hasn't lined up any more work yet that I know of. So what are you thinking?"
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Colt listens to Meleah and then gives her a slow nod. "I see. That makes sense. I've never done repo work myself, but I can imagine that non-lethal acquisitions could be tricky."

He took another sip of his coffee before speaking again. "I suppose..." He gives a shrug. "One job's as good as another, so I suppose I'll go see a dragon about a job."

He sips at his coffee, now having made up his mind, mentally preparing himself or at least trying to.
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Virtus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 am

She smiles back and finishes her coffee. "Here's my radio frequency. Hit me up if you have questions. Find a trustworthy group. Easy to get dead around here." she says, getting up and grabbing her gear. Offering her hand, she shakes his if he meets her hand. "It's good to meet you Colt. Maybe I'll see you around, eh?" she says, again smiling before she exits the diner.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Colt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 17

Colt traded radio frequencies with her and gave her a nod, as well as shaking the offered hand. "Thanks for your time an' advice...an' the coffee. I hope you have a great rest of the day." He finished up the rest of his coffee, taking his time. And then finally he got up, and walked slowly out.

>> The Crimson Dragon
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
User avatar
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Perception : 1d20+1 = 2
JIC : 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 41

When Ernstweavel crosses the threshold of the establishment, he takes off the hood from his cloak. Making his way to the front bar, he tries to nottice anything that is too out of place or any sign of danger. When he arrives at the bar the waves to get the bartender's attention. Asking "I'll have a round the the cheapest brew you got. Do you know any group that has a need for Ley Line Walker?"

After Ernstweavel recives his beer, he takes a nice long pull. He sets it down with a reliving "sigh". As he waits for an anwser from the bartender, he savors the rest of his drink.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Merchant of Death » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

"Heh, must be new to town." An old man behind the counter serves the ley line walker. "So your one of them magicky types. There are several groups here in town right now. Paragon, Mars, or whatever they are calling themselves right now. Then there is a new group called," The man laughs before he spits out the name. "GIRLS, led by a former Paragon member... She practically blew up MercTown from the stories they tell."

"Then there's Heroes for Hire, led by a snooty elf who fancies himself as some sort of Knight. Templars, a Merc group that were funded by a church." He smiles big, "So what kind of group are you looking for?"

OOC Comments
Have you contacted a group? Normal process is to contact the GM and the Group Leader. Pester them via PM's, and the group will vote to have you in (if it's independent), or the GM can decide (if it's sponsored)
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

PreviousNext

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest