Celestial Dragon (50)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby James Miller » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Perception:1d20+8 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 25

Intelligence:62%| 1d100 = 5 (for a closer look at Jez)
ID Undercover Agent: 60%| 1d100 = 13
Detect Concealment: 43%| 1d100 = 24
Trust: 80%|1d100 = 91 (really pouring it on Jez)

Jezebel wrote:"Very nice of you to provide him a cover identity that's only mildly socially reprehensible, Kat. Frankly, I think it's all smoke and mirrors...and that suggests a wholly different background and skill set than a common burglar." "Because it takes a spook to know a spook, and I ain't buyin' what you're selling." Jez then leans back a bit to further enjoy her cigar, and continues to observe James.


James gladly orders the egg rolls as they seem to be a favorite. The whole time his mind keeps wandering back to this Jez girl. Mind numbingly attractive and for some reason, James can't dislike the girl. She seems rude and unless he missed the obvious signs, she doesn't trust him. How long has it been since I couldn't get someone to trust me? I like this girl.

Taking another drink he does his best to try and catch something in her behavior that might give away any information about her. And because I like her, I have to watch her the closest. Not an entirely unpleasant job. James looks over to Jez, "Ok you got me, I'm Emperor Prosek's bastard son. James laughs a little at the joke and continues, "Give me a bit of credit, I just met all of you. I'm not going to give you my life story but I haven't lied about anything. I'm a thief first and foremost, with a few other skills of note on the side." James looks around at the table and adds, "Everybody seems pretty damn serious here. Maybe we can liven things up with a little wager? I don't have a ton of cash but I could put up a little, or maybe we gamble a few favors down the road. You pick the terms, give me a little test, something a thief should be able to do." Well this whole deal might come crashing down as quickly as it started. You are pretty fucking rusty old man, you'll probably fuck this up. "Maybe not in this wonderful establishment, but I don't mind making a foray somewhere that might have something you need." James gives her a little smirk and sits back to await her answer.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:45 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 22
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 73

Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 53
ID Undercover Agent 65%: 1d100 = 86

When food is offered up again Kat makes a request. "Just another serving of the special for me. Wait. Do you have any deserts?" Kat drinks her cola and smokes her cigar, watching the tattooed girl.

Kat's eyebrow raises behind her mirror shades when James suggests a test. Maybe steal a bike from the Horsemen? Or the Greenskins? Kat likes both ideas. "There are a few local groups nobody really likes. Maybe we can try his skill set out against one of them." Kat seeks the opinion of the other local at the table. "What do you think Fi, Greenskins or Horsemen?"

Kat only briefly looks away from the tattooed girl except to read the note.

Kat glances up from reading the note Fiona passed her and sees the tattooed girl who's ink kinda reminds her of the Horsemen walking their way with a serving tray. This old Asian biddy fancies herself Fixer Jones. And by the twelve divines, she seems to be doing a good job.

Kat clears her throat to get the others attention. "Incoming." Kat announces and nods at the tattooed girl.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Analoy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 6

Something about the old Asian woman keeps Analoy from interrupting her to tell her that she was looking for a cooking position, not a waiter position. When the old Asian woman places the tray in her hand, Analoy has no choice but to accept it. When this task is complete I will let the woman know I am trained as a cook. Perhaps everyone here must start at the bottom or this is some test to see how well I handle direction. Taking the tray, Analoy gives the woman a nod, "Yes, ma'am." then she turns toward the indicated table.

Halfway across the room, Analoy grins as she remembers that she still has her backpack in one hand, kind of blocking her mace from public view. She makes eye contact as she draws near and when she stops next to the table, she says, "I believe this is your order." She drops her backpack so she will have a free hand to get to the plates. Now her mace is fully visible, along with the odd pistol hanging from her other hip.

Lowering the tray to where she can actually see the order, Analoy smiles, "Ah, moo goo gai pan and egg rolls." She sets the egg rolls down in the center of the table, as it seems pretty obvious that it is a shared dish. Turning back to the tray, she picks up the moo goo gai pan and says to herself, "This smells good, they must have a pretty good cook already." Turning back to the table with the plate in hand, she says, "Who ordered the moo goo gai pan?" She looks between those seated at the table as she holds the plate out wondering who it belongs to, her tattooed eyebrow quirked just a bit with the question.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:40 pm

(rolls held over)

James Miller wrote:James looks over to Jez, "Ok you got me, I'm Emperor Prosek's bastard son. James laughs a little at the joke and continues, "Give me a bit of credit, I just met all of you. I'm not going to give you my life story but I haven't lied about anything. I'm a thief first and foremost, with a few other skills of note on the side."

Jez raises an eyebrow. "You're the son of an emperor? So it's 'James Prosek,' is it?" Jez clearly has no idea who this person is, and so the joke falls flat on her.
James Miller wrote:James looks around at the table and adds, "Everybody seems pretty damn serious here. Maybe we can liven things up with a little wager? I don't have a ton of cash but I could put up a little, or maybe we gamble a few favors down the road. You pick the terms, give me a little test, something a thief should be able to do. Maybe not in this wonderful establishment, but I don't mind making a foray somewhere that might have something you need." James gives her a little smirk and sits back to await her answer.

Kat Porter wrote:Kat's eyebrow raises behind her mirror shades when James suggests a test. "There are a few local groups nobody really likes. Maybe we can try his skill set out against one of them. What do you think Fi, Greenskins or Horsemen?"

"Sounds like fun. Screwing over bad guys and finding out what you're made of sure seems like a win-win for us." I'm surprised Kat didn't suggest the head bastard of this organization she wants to take over. She looks over at Kat to try and read her expression to gain any possible insights about the woman.
Kat Porter wrote:Kat clears her throat to get the others attention. "Incoming." Kat announces and nods at the tattooed girl.

Jez snaps her attention in the direction of Kat's nod, restraining herself at the last second from drawing her pistol on their waitress. Gotta work on Kat's phrasing. I almost a pair of holes in the head of our little waitress. Jez mentally shrugs in mid self-assessment. Or maybe I need to relax a bit in here. Taking her own advice, she leans back and, one eye on James, takes in all the strange tattoos of their...what the frak is she carrying a mace for? She plan on cudgeling low-tippers?
Analoy wrote:She makes eye contact as she draws near and when she stops next to the table, she says, "I believe this is your order." She drops her backpack so she will have a free hand to get to the plates. Now her mace is fully visible, along with the odd pistol hanging from her other hip. Lowering the tray to where she can actually see the order, Analoy smiles, "Ah, moo goo gai pan and egg rolls." She sets the egg rolls down in the center of the table, as it seems pretty obvious that it is a shared dish. Turning back to the tray, she picks up the moo goo gai pan and says to herself, "This smells good, they must have a pretty good cook already." Turning back to the table with the plate in hand, she says, "Who ordered the moo goo gai pan?" She looks between those seated at the table as she holds the plate out wondering who it belongs to, her tattooed eyebrow quirked just a bit with the question.

Jez responds to the diminutive server's innocuous question with a mini-interrogation. "You don't look anything like the honored elder. You just walked in a moment ago, you're covered in crazy tattoos, and the travel pack you're still carrying looks like it has half the dirt of the road leading here on it. What gives?"

Jez takes note of the redhead in the dark red cloak as she enters the restaurant. Finally, someone who's not a runt. These people tend to be so short. Kat is short, the mechanic is downright diminutive, the "thief" is a bit vertically challenged, and even our waitress is barely taller than our mechanic. I'm of average height for a woman of my people, but I feel like a swaggering giant around these folks. Jez takes note of the redhead's stature. A bit on the heavy side though, she thinks rather ungraciously. Jez uses her own body and facial language to get Kat's attention to take in the redhead. She cocks an eyebrow with a scrunched-up brow as if to convey "What's your take on that chick?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

(Rolls Held)

Recognize Weapon Quality 53%: 1d100 = 95

Kat lowers her mirrorshades and examines Analoy's gear now that it's closer. That's a pretty scary looking beat-stick. That old biddy sent her over for an interview and didn't even tell her. Kat flashes Jez a look that conveys both curiosity and a level of apprehension. I'm not sure she isn't a Horseman, but if not I bet she'd be useful. Kat follows the look with a shrug.

To the tattooed girl, Kat responds, "If nobody claims it, I'll take it. My stomach is a bottomless pit." The City Rat shifts in her seat, 'accidentally' revealing her NE-6-SL, and pushing the mirrorshades back over her face. "Why'd the old biddy send you to our table? What did she say to you?" Kat makes an effort to spot the old woman in the background while Kat's face continues to point at Analoy.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Analoy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 94

Analoy continues to hold the plate of moo goo gai pan out over the table, waiting for a response as to who gets the meal when Jezebel begins her questioning. "You are very observant but I really just need to know who gets the plate." Is there anything else blatantly obvious that she wants to point out?

Then the one in the mirrored shades speaks up, but it doesn't really sound like she's then one who ordered the moo goo gai pan, so Analoy continues to hold the plate out, waiting for its rightful owner. Analoy quirks a brow and offers the blunt pair of women and smirk, "If you must know, Yes. I just arrived in town and was told that this restaurant might be looking for a cook. When the," she cuts a look to Jezebel, "honored elder greeted me, I inquired about a job. Then she told me this was an interview and audition, handed me the tray and pointed back here. I'm sorry if this all seems unconventional. I do not know what the woman's intent was or if this was some sort of lesson she was teaching me as a new employee." Analoy continues to hold the plate out as she waits for a definitive answer as to who gets the order of moo goo gai pan.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 am

(Rolls Held)

That cinches it. This old biddy is meddling just like ol' Fixer. She's a bit more subtle, a gentler hand.

"I don't think we even ordered that tray of food, but you're at an interview all right. Missus 'Honored Elder' is trying to play at Fixer Jones." Kat hands Jezebel the note Fiona gave her that's written on the take-out menu. "The old woman ain't hiring. Jezebel and I are, on the other hand. Cooking skills are a plus, a big one mind you, but we're forming a mercenary team, not a restaurant. So if you want work, the real question is 'how well do you handle that metal beat-stick?'"

"Now, seriously. Put some food in front of me or I'm gonna start gnawing on your arms."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Jezebel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 am

(rolls held over)
Analoy wrote:"You are very observant but I really just need to know who gets the plate. If you must know, Yes. I just arrived in town and was told that this restaurant might be looking for a cook. When the," she cuts a look to Jezebel, "honored elder greeted me, I inquired about a job. Then she told me this was an interview and audition, handed me the tray and pointed back here. I'm sorry if this all seems unconventional. I do not know what the woman's intent was or if this was some sort of lesson she was teaching me as a new employee." Analoy continues to hold the plate out as she waits for a definitive answer as to who gets the order of moo goo gai pan.

A chuckle escapes from Jezebel as she sees the hand of the old woman at work more clearly now.
Kat Porter wrote:"I don't think we even ordered that tray of food, but you're at an interview all right. Missus 'Honored Elder' is trying to play at Fixer Jones. The old woman ain't hiring. Jezebel and I are, on the other hand. Cooking skills are a plus, a big one mind you, but we're forming a mercenary team, not a restaurant. So if you want work, the real question is 'how well do you handle that metal beat-stick? Now, seriously. Put some food in front of me or I'm gonna start gnawing on your arms."

At this last remark, Jezebel laughs out loud, a genuine laugh from deep inside her chest whose tone and pitch is sweet and melodic. "Oh dear, I remember that man meddling in a much more direct manner, but Kat, if I'd had a mouthful of food just now, you'd now be wearing it." Jez's mirthful smile is beaming across the table and her good humor is infectious. She takes the platter from Analoy and sets it down in the middle of the table and says in mock military formality, "Temptress to Insider, target acquired. Devour at will, over." She then serves up a large portion of the moo goo gai pan on Kat's plate, and beckons Analoy to pull up a chair with her free hand. She intercepts Kat's eyes while serving her, and subtly directs them with her own to the redhead who's just arrived (Nuriel). She cocks an eye with a scrunched-up brow as if to convey "What's your take on that chick?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 am

(Rolls Held)

Sizing Up the Redhead
Lore: Magic 53%: 1d100 = 1
Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 30
I.D. Undercover Agent 65%: 1d100 = 1
Appraise Goods 68%: 1d100 = 84
Recognize Weapon Quality 53%: 1d100 = 1
Lore: D-Bee 53%: 1d100 = 10

As the teenager devours the repast, Kat ganders at Jez's target, the redhead in a cloak. Everything cloak to staff to hints at the armor underneath screams 'wizard' to Kat. Swallowing, Kat gets out "Obviously a wizard of some sort. Red might mean fire warlock, or it could just be a style choice and she's some kinda generalist. Tall enough I gotta wonder if she's human." before returning to her consumption.

After about a minute, the plate is again empty. Kat jots down the rest of her thoughts* on a paper napkin and hands it over to Jez.

*the impression from her skill checks, of course.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby James Miller » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 am

(...rolls held)

Jezebel wrote: "You're the son of an emperor? So it's 'James Prosek,' is it?" Jez clearly has no idea who this person is, and so the joke falls flat on her.

James cuts his laugh short and says, "Oh, forgive me. The Coalition are a fairly large empire here and the Emperor is in charge of them." James puts a sour look on his face and adds, "I am not a big fan of them actually. Hopefully, our business will allow us to visit some damage on them of some sort." That out to be enough to let them all know I think the Coalition are a bunch of fuck sticks I'd like to wipe my ass with.

Jezebel wrote:"Sounds like fun. Screwing over bad guys and finding out what you're made of sure seems like a win-win for us."

James smiles, in earnest, at the thought of getting back to work. Now is not soon enough to get back to work. It's been too long. "Ok, point me in a direction and tell me what you want. I like to keep myself busy."
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Analoy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:30 pm

[Rolls Held]

Kat wrote:"I don't think we even ordered that tray of food, but you're at an interview all right. Missus 'Honored Elder' is trying to play at Fixer Jones." Kat hands Jezebel the note Fiona gave her that's written on the take-out menu. "The old woman ain't hiring. Jezebel and I are, on the other hand. Cooking skills are a plus, a big one mind you, but we're forming a mercenary team, not a restaurant. So if you want work, the real question is 'how well do you handle that metal beat-stick?'"


Analoy glances down to the mace dangling from her waist and then back to Kat, "Ah, it seems I was given vague information." She glances back to where the old Asian woman was, with a curious expression then turns back to Kat, "Well, if this is what the interview is really for, I suppose I should tell you more than just how well I can cook and utilize Zdeslav to tenderize objects. Which, by the way, is very well."

Kat wrote:"Now, seriously. Put some food in front of me or I'm gonna start gnawing on your arms."

Jez wrote:She takes the platter from Analoy and sets it down in the middle of the table....She then serves up a large portion of the moo goo gai pan on Kat's plate, and beckons Analoy to pull up a chair with her free hand."


Analoy nods to Jez as the merc sets the plate our for all to partake in, then she sets the remaining drinks on the tray table. If this is not an interview for a job here at the restaurant, these fellows can figure out which one is which. She grins at Kat as Jez portions some of the moo goo gai pan onto the other woman's plate, "That would not be a wise option.... though I do understand that you were just joking. My flesh is not as tender as one would think."

Left with an empty tray, Analoy sets it down on an adjacent, empty table and pulls a chair over. Wedging up to the table, she puts her backpack at her feet as she sits down and says, "I have also been trained in a variety of other weapons; sword, knife, bow along with energy weapons. My former mas...boss used me as a body guard and soldier as well as for more covert assignments. I don't know much about machines, though I can operate a radio and I have recently learned how to pilot a hovercycle." As she briefly describes herself, she sits up straight in the chair with both hands placed flat on the table in front of her. After all, keeping your hands visible during meetings was one of the first things K'Sarlex taught all his T-men and Maxi-men. No since putting these people on edge if they do know what I am.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Townsend » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:08 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 5:45 PM (approximately 25 minutes since sunset)
41 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)


The ensemble at the table keeps growing as Analoy realizes the true scope of her 'interview' and the others continue to formulate their grand plans to take over the world (or at least to take on some jobs as a new team). Almost immediately after she arrives at the table with the platter, another wait staffer swoops in behind them to tidy up the table where James had previously been sitting. A few moments later the same staffer shows up with drink refills as well as an additional helping of the special for Kat; he takes Analoy's platter with him as well when he leaves.

Meanwhile, Nuriel glides into the establishment and patiently waits to be seated. The elderly Asian woman waits a few seconds before acknowledging her, however, her face and body facing in the general direction of a tattooed woman very awkwardly trying to play the role of waitress to a table of rough-and-tumble-looking mercenary types. "Hmm? Oh yes, finally here..." she mutters under her breath before she turns around and smiles a sweet grandmotherly smile. "Ahhhh, yes, good evening dearie! So good to see you once again here at the Dragon! You've chosen quite a busy time for a dinner, I'm afraid there is only one table open at the moment." She grabs a menu and motions for Nuriel to follow her. "Fortunately for you, the gentleman who was recently sitting at the table saw an opportunity to join some friends at the table next to him," she chirps as they walk through the packed establishment. "Ah, here we are, dearie... just let me know what you'd like to drink and I'll have someone bring it over when they come to take your order." She hands Nuriel the menu and disappears into the back once she's got her drink order.

Glancing around, it would be a rather easy guess that the table's former occupant is seated right across from her, engaging in some rather interesting conversation (though 'negotiation' might be a better word from the sound of it) with some rather attractive ladies. What's even more interesting, however, is that upon closer inspection the 'would-be waitress' is sporting tattoos that have a distinctively Atlantean look to them.

Nuriel puts her menu down on the table for a closer look and hears a soft cracking sound. There is a formerly-unnoticed fortune cookie sitting where her plate would be. Thanks to Nuriel's pressing down on it, the cookie has crumbled leaving the fortune inside clearly visible:

whoever made the fortune cookie wrote:"The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes." -- B. Disraeli

(OOC: that's an actual quote, by the way. Just FYI.)

Meanwhile, any at the larger table may notice that the elderly Asian "Fixer-ette" has brought a new customer to the table James previously occupied -- the tall, cloaked redhead Jez/Kat had noticed entering the establishment earlier. She starts to look at her menu when her attention is diverted to something on the table she hadn't noticed before. Kat seems sure her guesses about her are rock-solid (she's clearly a spellcaster of some type, looks to be a 'True Atlantean' -- or at least what one of them *should* look like, if she's never seen one before -- and doesn't appear to be any kind of undercover agent; either she's nothing of the sort or she's by far the best Kat's ever seen at hiding it).
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Nuriel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 20(Nat 20)+3 = 23
JiC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 23
Intelligence: 1d100 = 50/51%
Lore, Magic (Symbols): 1d100 = 9/36%

Approaching the elderly woman, Nuriel can't help but take not in the awkward exchange going between a would-be waitress and the rough and tough lady-mercenaries at the table. Curious exchange between them, but it is not my concern. She thinks to herself as she turns to be greeted by the elderly woman.

Adopted Asian Grandmother wrote:"Ahhhh, yes, good evening dearie! So good to see you once again here at the Dragon! You've chosen quite a busy time for a dinner, I'm afraid there is only one table open at the moment."

Nuriel smiles warmly to the elderly attendant "Yes, it has been some time. A pleasure to see you are still well." She pauses and adds with a smile and tilt of her head "Any table will do." Her right hand runs the course of the strap holding Ally. The staff is partially visible as the cloak is designed with a small cur in the back, allowing easy access and placement of her staff.

Adopted Asian Grandmother wrote:"Ah, here we are, dearie... just let me know what you'd like to drink and I'll have someone bring it over when they come to take your order."

She smiles and nods in appreciation to the woman, taking the menu and looking it over. When she sits down, she rotates the staff so as to not sit down on it, the majority of it now visible to those close enough to pay attention. As she looks through the menu, rather uninterested, her eyes dart around the establishment but always seem to trace back to the table nearest to her, with the awkward waitress. It is then her eyes lock on the tattoos of the would-be waitress. Bloody hell, those are Atlantean. I wonder just who these people are.

While looking, she opens the cracks the fortune cookie and takes the slight surprise in stride and opens it. "The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes." -- B. Disraeli Her eyes glance back towards where the elderly woman ran off too and she shakes her head with a smile. "If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is." She mutters very quietly to herself, then grips her staff, stands, and approaches the table. She will approach and speak when there is a lull of conversation.

"I couldn't help but notice the activity at your table and I felt driven to introduce myself." She pauses, addressing Kat and Jez directly to start as they look to be the 'ring-leaders'. "My name is Nuriel, a practitioner and researcher in older ways." She finishes a brief introduction, not really sure what she was doing at the table but willing to play it out. After her brief introduction, and when she has a moment, she turns to Analoy and adds "And pardon if my question is blunt, but your tattoos appear Atlantean, well barring your facial one. It is curious to see in a random restaurant is all."

Perhaps this could be just what I am looking for, let's see where this goes. She thinks to herself while looking at the other occupants of the table.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 2

Dragonese 78%: 1d100 = 77

Maybe a Horsman Plant wrote:
Analoy glances down to the mace dangling from her waist and then back to Kat, "Ah, it seems I was given vague information." She glances back to where the old Asian woman was, with a curious expression then turns back to Kat, "Well, if this is what the interview is really for, I suppose I should tell you more than just how well I can cook and utilize Zdeslav to tenderize objects. Which, by the way, is very well."
"That would not be a wise option.... though I do understand that you were just joking. My flesh is not as tender as one would think."


Tough like a Horseman, check. Tattooed like a Horseman, check. If she ain't one, she's from where they come from. Kat begins on her second ordered dish after handing Jez her note.

Maybe a Horsman Plant wrote:Left with an empty tray, Analoy sets it down on an adjacent, empty table and pulls a chair over. Wedging up to the table, she puts her backpack at her feet as she sits down and says, "I have also been trained in a variety of other weapons; sword, knife, bow along with energy weapons. My former mas...boss used me as a body guard and soldier as well as for more covert assignments. I don't know much about machines, though I can operate a radio and I have recently learned how to pilot a hovercycle." As she briefly describes herself, she sits up straight in the chair with both hands placed flat on the table in front of her. After all, keeping your hands visible during meetings was one of the first things K'Sarlex taught all his T-men and Maxi-men. No since putting these people on edge if they do know what I am.


Was that 'master' she started to say? Some sort of slave-girl then? Kat keeps munching her food. Swallowing it, Kat decides to check her suspicions at James' expense. "Well we can test that piloting skill out the same time. You and James can go jack a couple hoverbikes from outside The Haze in the Warrens. Pick ones with red, black, and silver on 'em. James here should be able to wire two bikes almost as easy as one, and you can back him up if some people with..... familiar tattoos catch you guys."

Atlantean Wizard wrote:"I couldn't help but notice the activity at your table and I felt driven to introduce myself." She pauses, addressing Kat and Jez directly to start as they look to be the 'ring-leaders'. "My name is Nuriel, a practitioner and researcher in older ways." She finishes a brief introduction, not really sure what she was doing at the table but willing to play it out. After her brief introduction, and when she has a moment, she turns to Analoy and adds "And pardon if my question is blunt, but your tattoos appear Atlantean, well barring your facial one. It is curious to see in a random restaurant is all."


Kat kicks out another chair and speaks in Dragonese. "Sit if you're curious, spellweaver." Kat then finishes her third helping of food and lets out a cheery belch.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Analoy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 56

Nuriel wrote:"And pardon if my question is blunt, but your tattoos appear Atlantean, well barring your facial one. It is curious to see in a random restaurant is all."


Analoy nods, "Yes, they are Atlantean. I do not wish to go into my entire history, but they were gifted to me by my former patron." She looks a little wistful at the mention of her surrogate father. "He is the one that pointed me toward Merctown when we parted ways. He also suggested I keep an eye on Mephisto's Horsemen for him." She leans in a bit and lowers her voice, "He suspects that were positioned here by some party out of Atlantis."

Analoy leans back and looks around then she turns and smiles at Kat, "I suppose I could do that. If James can get them started. Why the ones with red, black, and silver? Are those the colors you prefer?" She looks over Kat's outfit to see if the color scheme matches. "Why would these guys have familiar tattoos? Are there more T-men and Maxi-men around?" Do these hoverbikes belong to the horsemen, I wonder? Perhaps this is a test of loyalty. "If this is what you require I'll do it but won't the city authorities have issue with this? I'm just asking because it would suck to get thrown out of the city after only being here a few hours."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm

(Rolls Held)

"If you need telling, the colors are those of Mephisto's Horsemen. A whole lotta their ink matches yours, you understand." Kat points a chop stick at James. "This tall drink of water claims to be good at taking things, and before you arrived we were talking about who nobody really seemed to like in town to test this claim on. You helped me settle the target in my head and I'm adding teamwork to the exercise. Work together, it's important." When Analoy mentions the Defenders, Kat snorts. "If the Defenders started caring about what happens to the Horsemen, that'd be news to me. Just get out of the Warrens without a tail and I think you'll pass. The Defenders don't mess with the Warrens unless something BIG happens."

Kat sips some soda and listens to the exchange between Analoy and Nuriel. Atlantean? That was one of the rumors about the Horsemen's backers. Kat puts the thought on the back burner to simmer down for a while.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Fiona » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 7
Conditions: None.

Fi enjoys her meal, keeping to herself as the table becomes too crowded, then overflows to another table. One hell of a party we're gathering here. Fi smirks. "So what now?" Fi asks the group at large.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Jezebel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 76

Kat Porter wrote:Kat ganders at Jez's target, the redhead in a cloak. "Obviously a wizard of some sort. Red might mean fire warlock, or it could just be a style choice and she's some kinda generalist. Tall enough I gotta wonder if she's human." before returning to her consumption. Kat jots down the rest of her thoughts* on a paper napkin and hands it over to Jez.

She's a spell-caster and a true Atlantean--whatever the hell that is--and not apparently some covert agent out to get you, Kat. Gotcha. Okay, so this gal plays with 'magic.' Jez's mind still can't accept the reality of the supernatural being manifest, and so considers it a variant form of innate abilities unique to this world, much like her own people were prolific in the manifestation of highly variable abilities via their peculiar genetic heritage. Jez simply nods in response to Kat's note.
James Miller wrote:James cuts his laugh short and says, "Oh, forgive me. The Coalition are a fairly large empire here and the Emperor is in charge of them. I am not a big fan of them actually. Hopefully, our business will allow us to visit some damage on them of some sort."

Jez squints a bit, but not from the lighting. "So you're the bastard son of an Emperor who rules an empire you clearly hate? Frak." Jez looks around the table at the others assembled, and in all seriousness says, "That is some serious moral high ground you've got under you." She looks to James. "Sucks to be you, I guess. Still, with that kind of willpower I'm sure you could go far anywhere...save maybe in this Coalition of yours."
Nuriel wrote:"I couldn't help but notice the activity at your table and I felt driven to introduce myself. My name is Nuriel, a practitioner and researcher in older ways."

'Older ways'? What the hell am I missing? Is she actually an historian or something, and not a 'spell-caster' as Kat suggested? Jez is tired of being confused, so she decides to be blunt. "Are you a spell-caster?" 'A spellcaster of some type' she indicated. "If so, what kind of spell-caster are you?"
Kat Porter wrote:Kat decides to check her suspicions at James' expense. "Well we can test that piloting skill out the same time. You and James can go jack a couple hoverbikes from outside The Haze in the Warrens. Pick ones with red, black, and silver on 'em. James here should be able to wire two bikes almost as easy as one, and you can back him up if some people with..... familiar tattoos catch you guys."
Kat kicks out another chair and speaks in Dragonese. "Sit if you're curious, spellweaver." Kat then finishes her third helping of food and lets out a cheery belch.

Well, that was a pretty language...up until the belch anyway. Jez cocks her head and looks to Kat. "What in Vinayaka's name was that language? It was beautiful."
Analoy wrote:Analoy responds to Nuriel, "Yes, they are Atlantean. I do not wish to go into my entire history, but they were gifted to me by my former patron." She looks a little wistful at the mention of her surrogate father. "He is the one that pointed me toward Merctown when we parted ways. He also suggested I keep an eye on Mephisto's Horsemen for him." She leans in a bit and lowers her voice, "He suspects that were positioned here by some party out of Atlantis. If this is what you require I'll do it but won't the city authorities have issue with this? I'm just asking because it would suck to get thrown out of the city after only being here a few hours."

Ahh...so the little one is gathering intelligence and has a group under surveillance. Good to know. Need to know more about her 'master' and their motives, but that can wait.
Kat Porter wrote:"If you need telling, the colors are those of Mephisto's Horsemen. A whole lotta their ink matches yours, you understand." Kat points a chop stick at James. "This tall drink of water claims to be good at taking things, and before you arrived we were talking about who nobody really seemed to like in town to test this claim on. You helped me settle the target in my head and I'm adding teamwork to the exercise. Work together, it's important." When Analoy mentions the Defenders, Kat snorts. "If the Defenders started caring about what happens to the Horsemen, that'd be news to me. Just get out of the Warrens without a tail and I think you'll pass. The Defenders don't mess with the Warrens unless something BIG happens."

Jez pipes up. "Kat's right. The Warrens is fairly lawless, and the risk of operating outside the law is that you don't get to complain to the authorities when someone screws you over. Just don't think this applies outside the Warrens and you'll be left alone by the Defenders."
Fiona wrote:"So what now?" Fi asks the group at large.

"I think drinks are in order, but not here. We should relocate to a location closer to The Haze, so we can observe our new associates' during their test as it were. Got any suggestions, Kat? These are your stomping grounds, after all." Jez glances hard at Kat, brooking no argument. "But I'm still buying."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:46 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat responds to Jez's question. "That's Elven, Jez. At least it's Elves that taught me it. Dragons supposedly use it, too. It's supposed to be called 'Dragonese'. Most spellcasters learn it. I hear all the best spellbooks are written in it. I only learned to speak it." Kat's tone clearly implies she's interested in learning written Dragonese.

Kat mulls it over in her head. "One-Eyed Jacks has a full service bar and is close enough to The Haze. It's also not owned by street gangs."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Nuriel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm

[Rolls Held]]

Language, Dragonese/Elven: 1d100 = 27/77%

Nuriel's eyebrow perks when she is addressed in one of the older languages. Quite the curious turnabout, not many in this age have a use to learn such a language. This is proving quiet interest. She smiles and nods, taking the chair and answering her in Dragonese/Elven, "Much appreciated, it is curious to find another who can speak this language. Been awhile since I've had a cause to use it, so you can color me interested." She turns her attention back to Analoy and lowers her head apologetically.

"My apologies, I did not mean to intrude." She states, her voice reverting back to standard American. Her mind stops at the mention of a party out of Atlantis. This is a lead I should follow, seems to follow a similar path. She acknowledges Anaoly's statement with a geniune response, "I realize we have only just met, but that sounds very intriguing."

Jezebel wrote:""Are you a spell-caster? -- If so, what kind of spell-caster are you?"."


She turns to Jez at the mention of her abilities and tilts her head "I specialize in Dimensional Studies, though.." she pauses a moment at looks to her staff ".. I've dabbled in other arts as well." She answers, then let's a light laugh escape her lips when Jez mentions the language in surprise. "She is correct, it is of the lesser known languages of an older Elven dialect. I am actually shocked to find another who knows it."

-- When Jez mentions the Haze, Nuriel's ears almost perk and the mention of a test makes her eyes narrow and she addresses Jezebel and Kat "Pardon, can you clarify testing of new associates? I must've missed it." She asks, not in sarcasm but more playfully. It can be guessed that she will follow to this test as she is intrigued by the motley group. This weird bunch is too interesting to let slip buy, plus they may be just what I need. She thinks to herself after asking the question about the test.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Jezebel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:55 am

(rolls held over)

Jez jots down any notes as to The Haze and One-Eyed Jacks on her phone's notation app. She glances up to Kat, "Would we stand out at either of these places?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 pm

(Rolls Held)

At Nuriel's response in Dragonese Kat waves her hand dismissively. "I learned it from an Elf. We used to do a lot of business together. It sometimes is best to speak when no one else will understand."

Kat responds to Jez's inquiry. "Given that somehow ya'll look like a group of people nobody has seen since pre-rifts videos, we're pretty much sticking out anywhere. Normally I'd have no problem finding a dance partner, scars or not, but around you lot I gotta be the ugly duckling." Kat cracks a smile and removes her shades so everyone can see the City Rat bares no malice in that assessment. Kat's just telling it like it is. "The Haze is a hole people put shows on at. The Horsemen act as bouncers there. I think they really run the joint. One-Eyed Jacks is a casino, with a nice bar on the ground floor. It's run by.... people I know." Kat waves her hand around as she says 'people I know' and flashes Jez a look.

"Before I make another trip into the Warrens, I need to stop at my hotel room and change outfits and accessories." Kat tugs at the armor she's got on under her clothes when she says 'outfits', and pats the Slim-Line Beretta in her holster as she says 'accessories'.

"Do you have any skills that would help steal hovercycles, spellweaver?" If Nuriel responds negatively, Kat continues in American. "Then this isn't the test for you, if you are interested in joining. I've got plans for Fi here, but you are a different matter. Unless you are curious about these Horsemen as well?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby James Miller » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:54 am

(...Rolls held)

Jezebel wrote: "So you're the bastard son of an Emperor who rules an empire you clearly hate? Frak." Jez looks around the table at the others assembled, and in all seriousness says, "That is some serious moral high ground you've got under you." She looks to James. "Sucks to be you, I guess. Still, with that kind of willpower I'm sure you could go far anywhere...save maybe in this Coalition of yours."


James doesn't let the smile slip from his face as he addresses the comment, "The comment was meant as a joke. I am not the bastard son of an emperor but I do hate the Coalition about as much as someone can."

Kat Porter wrote:"Do you have any skills that would help steal hovercycles, spellweaver?" If Nuriel responds negatively, Kat continues in American. "Then this isn't the test for you, if you are interested in joining. I've got plans for Fi here, but you are a different matter. Unless you are curious about these Horsemen as well?"


James speaks up before Analoy has a chance to reply, "I'm sorry to interrupt but I think the two of us could work well together. I can get the bike started and she can pilot it. If we just take one, she can stay back as a lookout and I'll get it going." With a smile at Analoy he adds, "I can't drive one of those so once I have it going she can drive it out. Hopefully with me on the back. I can do it alone but its always better to have a second set of eyes, and a driver." God damn shit situation. Of course they have to pick something I can't drive for the test. Oh well, if she doesn't want to come I guess I'll have to figure it out." "Either way, where should I bring it once I have it?"

If Analoy agrees to come James will wait for her to be ready and then head out. If she decides to stay back he will politely excuse himself and head to One-Eyed Jacks.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Nuriel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:04 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Kat wrote:"Do you have any skills that would help steal hovercycles, spellweaver?"


Nuriel quirks a smile and shakes her head. "If the theft is done against thieves, then my only asset is providing a distraction. If it is done against your average well-to-do citizens, I'll have to politely decline to participate." After her response, she switches to American and continues, matching Kat's language choice. "I am interested in seeing where this goes and do not mind watching. If there is to be a test, one more aligned with my capabilities is preferable." She finishes and tilts her head slightly Curious group so far, I wonder what the test is about. Are they recruiting for a mission they can't do alone or something else. Definitely will address this later. She mulls to herself.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Fiona » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:25 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 14
Conditions: None.


Fi just shrugs at the situation. "I'm going to have to change if we're going to Jacks." Fi finishes her meal and Iced Tea and gets up. "So what are we waiting for? If you want a ride follow me." Fi heads out of the Celestial Dragon and makes for her truck. Changing was actually a bit of a misnomer as Once she gets to the Truck she starts shucking off her gun belt and armor and tossing it into the storage area. Once out of her gear she grabs a mechanics shirt and tosses it over her ratty band t-shirt. A quick check in the side view mirror tells her that her hair and makeup are fine.

Fi gets into the drivers seat and waits for passengers if any, before starting the Truck and making her way to One Eyed Jacks.


<<One Eyed Jacks>>
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat responds to Nuriel. "Thieves, Murderers, Rapists. Quite possibly slavers as well, according to the Defenders. They had an encounter with a old friend of mine named Beanpole a ways back and the group he worked with after he left P.A.S. and Lieutenant Fuller of the Defenders mentioned it." The City Rat continues in American. "Jezebel and I here are forming a mercenary group, that's what the tryouts are for. Interested?"

Kat digs through her pockets, wondering where her MTE cell phone went. Probably the same patch of sand on Inculta I left my smokes and lighter. Shit. Kat adds another item to her to-do list for tomorrow. Then she flags a server. "Call me a cab, will you?" Returning to speaking to the table, Kat continues. "Like I said, I'll stop by my hotel and meet y'all there."

Kat slips the old woman the unsecured card with a 2000+ credit balance when she leaves. "Both for the food, and the excellent service, ma'am."

(Ambassador Suites)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby James Miller » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Fiona wrote: Fi just shrugs at the situation. "I'm going to have to change if we're going to Jacks." Fi finishes her meal and Iced Tea and gets up. "So what are we waiting for? If you want a ride follow me." Fi heads out of the Celestial Dragon and makes for her truck. Changing was actually a bit of a misnomer as Once she gets to the Truck she starts shucking off her gun belt and armor and tossing it into the storage area. Once out of her gear she grabs a mechanics shirt and tosses it over her ratty band t-shirt. A quick check in the side view mirror tells her that her hair and makeup are fine.

Fi gets into the drivers seat and waits for passengers if any, before starting the Truck and making her way to One Eyed Jacks.


James gives Fiona a smile, "Allright, I'm in. You lead the way." He follows her out to the truck and jumps in the passenger seat. I am fucking jacked. Lets do this. He looks over to Fiona and says, "I'm not going to lie, I am pretty excited to get going on this."


<<One-Eyed Jacks>>
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill


James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:18 pm

(rolls held over)

Jez scowls at Kat as she presumptuously pays the matron off despite Jez's already staked claim on the bill. Oh, this bitch is in for some surprises. Jez pops up from her seat, bows to the matron and compliments her on the excellence of her service and fare, and then walks out the door to her Hornet. Over her shoulder she calls out to the rest, "Gonna change. See you at the casino shortly."

(One-Eyed Jacks by way of the Gates/storage)

Off-screen, Jez is going to change into her Little Black Strapless Dress Outfit before heading to the casino. (Gear post is up to date.)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Analoy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 97

Analoy nods to Kat when it is explained that the Defenders don't make it a point to police the Warrens. "Okay then, I can give us some cover and drive us out of there"

Kat wrote:At Nuriel's response in Dragonese Kat waves her hand dismissively. "I learned it from an Elf. We used to do a lot of business together. It sometimes is best to speak when no one else will understand."


Analoy looks around the table, somewhat blankly when Kat and Nuriel start speaking in Dragonese, Yes, and sometimes its good to know a language and not tell everyone about it.

Finally speaking up again, Analoy says to James, "If you can do your part, I'll do mine and this mess should be easy"

Nodding to Fiona, Analoy says, "I could use a ride. Mind if I leave my pack in your vehicle? If things get tricky, I'd rather not be weighed down." She follows the other tattoo'd woman out for a ride to One-Eyed Jacks.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Vheld » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4, Original post: 1d100 = 21
PER: Original post: 1d20+8 = 13


Steeling himself for the ordeal ahead (never one to enjoy being reminded of his basic human needs), Vheld heads inside and procures a table for one- ideally in some shadowy corner where he can face the entrance to the kitchen and keep an eye on the front door simultaneously (one can never be too careful).

Vheld will loudly but politely request one order of Dim Sum. He will rest his staff on the wall next to him and sit quietly with hands folded until it arrives- then he will make a great show of enjoying and savoring his meal- languidly picking away at it both to give the appearance that he actually enjoys it, and to cover the disconcerting sensation of actually consuming food after years of relying solely upon sustain spells for sustenance.

When his server returns, Vheld will loudly proclaim "Delicious! May I have another, if you please?" and repeat the process- probably overkill, but Vheld finds it best to be sure that he is conveying the proper levels of enjoyment as he suspects his performance is unlikely to fool an ancient dragon. When he has finished the second order, Vheld will say "A marvelous repast. Would there be any way I could speak to the chef and give my compliments?" Let's get this over with.

Almost as an afterthought, he will take up the origami crane Lateen made, fiddle with it for a few moments, then set it down on the table before him unaltered. Though not normally one for slight of hand, Vheld will attempt to place some of the gems he retrieve from the Haunt inside the folds of the crane (such that they are not easily visible to anyone not sitting with him), and he will stack the rest in a pile underneath. Should Vheld be unable to place all of the gems within and beneath the crane without making them obvious, he will keep the remainder tucked in his hand.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby SNAFU » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 am

The compliment is passed on, and shortly an elderly Asian man appears from the kitchen.
Image

"Hello, I am Chef Phillip Leung. You enjoyed my Dim Sum? Are you a connoisseur? You don't look like a man of rich appetites. " The Chef peers over the single candle that illuminates Vheld's table. "No, you look like a man who has forgotten how to enjoy things. But I appreciate the effort. Taken it from me that is ranks among the world's finest."

"You are a true Atlantiean, I see." Chef Leung sits at the table and picks up the paper crane. The jewels have disappeared. "An associate of Lateen, very good. What is it I may do for you, besides fill your belly?"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Vheld » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 61
PER: 1d20+8 = 15

SNAFU wrote:"No, you look like a man who has forgotten how to enjoy things. But I appreciate the effort. Taken it from me that is ranks among the world's finest."
Vheld peers out from under his cloak with a hooded gaze, before cracking a wry half-grin. "Perhaps. My mission is all-consuming, but the evil I seek to banish is so powerful that I fear nothing less will suffice."

SNAFU wrote:"You are a true Atlantiean, I see." Chef Leung sits at the table and picks up the paper crane. The jewels have disappeared. "An associate of Lateen, very good. What is it I may do for you, besides fill your belly?"
Vheld nods. "You are correct. As you have no doubt guessed, I am a student of the mystic arts. I seek spell knowledge above all else, but I also want to... broaden my magical capabilities beyond that. Since I left my people, I have lost access to their tattoo masters. Lateen suggested that you might be willing to fill in the gap. For adequate compensation, of course."
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby SNAFU » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 am

Vheld wrote:Vheld peers out from under his cloak with a hooded gaze, before cracking a wry half-grin. "Perhaps. My mission is all-consuming, but the evil I seek to banish is so powerful that I fear nothing less will suffice."


"Have you considered that evil maybe banished as much by a warm and welcoming hearth as much as by any zealot's crusade? And when you succeed, will you be sure that it is good that has vanquished evil and not just another fool's spin on the Tyrant's Wheel? "

Vheld nods. "You are correct. As you have no doubt guessed, I am a student of the mystic arts. I seek spell knowledge above all else, but I also want to... broaden my magical capabilities beyond that. Since I left my people, I have lost access to their tattoo masters. Lateen suggested that you might be willing to fill in the gap. For adequate compensation, of course."


"Then we are agreed. I will do this thing for you and in turn... I will find an appropriate way for you to pay me back. Of course it wouldn't be appropriate to refuse money, so I won't, pay me 50% the usual price and owe me for the future.... Tell me what do you know of the Dimensional Envelope incantation?"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Vheld » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 58
PER: 1d20+8 = 20

Tattoo Prices
No book prices for tattoos exist- this is the only forum thread I could find discussing them. How would you like to proceed? Is this something we should open up for discussion with the other GMs on the site? I suspect I won't be the last PC to have this question.


SNAFU wrote:"Have you considered that evil maybe banished as much by a warm and welcoming hearth as much as by any zealot's crusade? And when you succeed, will you be sure that it is good that has vanquished evil and not just another fool's spin on the Tyrant's Wheel? "
Vheld is taken aback- he'd rarely shared enough of his goal of ending the Splugorth to receive pushback on it, and the well-articulated idea calls to mind philosophical discussions the likes of which he has not had since his training in Tolkeen- if not his adolescence on Alexandria.

Vheld sips some tea (presumably it was provided with the meal) and formulates his reply. Shaking his head, he responds. "The Splugorth have been a plague on the Megaverse for millennia. If they could be defeated through such idealism there would be some measure of success to show for it. I know of only one species that has successfully thrown them back, and they did so through force of arms- paid in blood. Speaking of abstracts like tyranny and love is all well and good, but in the mean time millions are enslaved, suffer, and die. My moral discomfiture is a small price to pay for ending their madness. I shall worry about what happens after when the time comes."

SNAFU wrote:"Then we are agreed. I will do this thing for you and in turn... I will find an appropriate way for you to pay me back. Of course it wouldn't be appropriate to refuse money, so I won't, pay me 50% the usual price and owe me for the future.... Tell me what do you know of the Dimensional Envelope incantation?"
Vheld nods. "I shall pay any price, within reason, for your expertise. Money is not a concern, and I am happy to barter my services for yours. As to your question, I am trained as a shifter so know the broad strokes of the spell you describe- part of the temporal school of magic if I am not mistaken. But my familiarity ends there."
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby SNAFU » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Vheld wrote:
Vheld sips some tea (presumably it was provided with the meal) and formulates his reply. Shaking his head, he responds. [b]"The Splugorth have been a plague on the Megaverse for millennia. If they could be defeated through such idealism there would be some measure of success to show for it. I know of only one species that has successfully thrown them back, and they did so through force of arms- paid in blood. Speaking of abstracts like tyranny and love is all well and good, but in the mean time millions are enslaved, suffer, and die. My moral discomfiture is a small price to pay for ending their madness. I shall worry about what happens after when the time comes."


Chef Leung nods, "It's true. When war comes, there is a need for war-like men. I have the habit of taking contrarian views even if I do not wholly believe them. I know as much as anyone the evils that plague this world..."

He sips his tea and considers his words... He seems to forget for a moment that Vheld is much younger and shorter lived than he:

" Do you remember when this world was almost wholly mundane and the Coming Rifts merely a crackpot thesis? Then, people were cruel. murderous and tyrannical just as now. But, true evil was rare, mental illness, selfishness and profit were often the cause of most atrocities."


"Now, the evil that men can make seems like childsplay compared to interdimensional slavers., vampires, demons and dark gods. Perhaps humans have matched the cruelty and horror of the Megaverse's many ancient horrors in one dark age or another. But the infinite and eternal onslaught of those eldritch horrors; descended from the Oldest Gods, it's relentless, and the scale of conflict is overwhelming." Leung stands up and by implication encourages Vheld to follow with him into the basement.

"No, you are right. We are at war and it is our duty to resist the slavers and succubi that plague the world! We need your type, a serious man. However a competent fighting force must include a variety of weapons. "

"In my homeland it is believed that all great victories were planned on a full stomach, in a kitchen. This is my contribution to the war. That and the long game I have been playing since these evils arose."

"I shall pay any price, within reason, for your expertise. Money is not a concern, and I am happy to barter my services for yours. As to your question, I am trained as a shifter so know the broad strokes of the spell you describe- part of the temporal school of magic if I am not mistaken. But my familiarity ends there."


"Let us dispense with the barbaric practice of currency and cash. Barter and trade is the only natural economy.

I have a request. I believe you have a Technowizard associate. I hope that together you can find a solution to a manufacturing problem I am facing. I have a need for a large number of devices that incorporate the dimensional magic we discussed.

The material for large scale production can be provided but they must be relatively cheap and easy to use, ideally for mundanes as well as the gifted. If you insist on compensating me for my expertise you may donate assets to this project.

Here are the grimoires for Dimensional Pocket , Dimensional Envelope, Time Warp: Space & Time they are yours as long as you need them providing you share them only with your associate. Return them when you are finished,

Now where is my Needle? It's been ages."
Chef Leung looks slightly less competent than he did in the kitchen, but only for a moment. The tools of the trade are produced and the Ancient Serpent prepares to ply his species' traditional mystic trade. The efficacy with which he prepares for the ritual assures Vheld he is in the hands of an expert.

Tattoos
RP notes
Double these effects. Each power tattoo inflicts 6D6 S.D.C./H.P. damage to humans and causes the body to convulse with stabbing pain (consecutive rolls with healing magic available in between). The first 24 hours are the worst, after which the character will slowly recover. The character cannot hold down food, the body is racked with constant nausea and weakness (can barely walk), speed is reduced to 3, loses all but one melee action/attack and has NO bonuses of any kind for 24 hours. By the second day the stabbing pain has subsided into a dull throb and only hurts when he moves. The T-Man regains half his melee actions/attacks, speed is only half and all bonuses are at half for 1D4 + 3 days. The character eventually heals and there is no lasting damage or penalties.


The experience is grueling and seemingly without end and some point Vheld essentially wills himself to pass out from the pain. In his dreams, Hecate visits:

"Am I not enough? You must flitter from deity to deity like a courtesan on cocaine?"

Appearing as an alluring and seductively dressed Atlantean. Hecate admonishes Vheld for a moment. From experience he knows it is for show and waits until she gets to the point.

"I'd like a full report on your recent activities in Europe, including and most importantly your interactions with Hades and the items you handled."

Relying on a dragon's supernatural endurance and Vheld's will, they power through the procedures at an impressive rate of 6 hour pre-tattoo.

It's 8:00 am when Vheld leaves the dragon, feeling for all the world he'd been run over a bus. Twice.



Grimioires
  1. Dimensional Pocket
  2. Dimensional Envelope
  3. Time Warp: Space & Time


Code: Select all
[b][u]Grimioires[/u][/b][list=1][*][i]Dimensional Pocket [/i] [*] [i]Dimensional Envelope[/i] [*][i]Time Warp: Space & Time[/i] [/list]
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Celestial Dragon (50)

Postby Vheld » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:57 am

JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 57
PER: 1d20+8 = 28

Damage from first tattoo- 6d6 = 17
Damage from second tattoo- 6d6 = 25

Conditions
-For 48 hours Vheld cannot hold down food, is racked with constant nausea and weakness (can barely walk), speed is reduced to 3, loses all but one melee action/attack and has NO bonuses of any kind for 24 hours.
After that, for 2d4+6 = 9 days the stabbing pain has subsided into a dull throb and only hurts when he moves; half melee actions/speed/all bonuses.

SNAFU wrote:" Do you remember when this world was almost wholly mundane and the Coming Rifts merely a crackpot thesis? Then, people were cruel. murderous and tyrannical just as now. But, true evil was rare, mental illness, selfishness and profit were often the cause of most atrocities."
Vheld shakes his head. "No, but I can believe it. Sometimes the idea that I am related to those people seems ludicrous."

As Leung comes around to Vheld's line of thinking, the shifter nods and tries to avoid interrupting the chain of thought. As Leung finishes, Vheld smiles and says "A long game, eh? If my own plans come to fruition, I may want to hear more about that some day."

SNAFU wrote:"Let us dispense with the barbaric practice of currency and cash. Barter and trade is the only natural economy. I have a request. I believe you have a Technowizard associate. I hope that together you can find a solution to a manufacturing problem I am facing. I have a need for a large number of devices that incorporate the dimensional magic we discussed."
Vheld inclines his head. "That is a most generous offer. I have already agreed to help Erg with another project, but once that is done he will owe me a favor. One that I shall be happy to call in. Understand, this will take time- not that I expect a matter of weeks or months to concern one such as yourself. But my team is between missions and I intend to devote myself to study until we next move out. Rest assured, I will pay off this debt as soon as possible." Vheld passes a curious eye over the grimoires before squirreling them away. As they head down to the basement, Vheld responds to Lahz's radio transmission.

Vheld attempts to grit his teeth and bear the pain, and remains conscious just long enough to consider the possibility that getting two tattoos at once might not have been the smart play. Then he's out.

SNAFU wrote:"Am I not enough? You must flitter from deity to deity like a courtesan on cocaine?"
Vheld bows before his patron. "Forgive me mistress. I meant no offense. But as you yourself know, in the quest for magical power there is no such thing as 'enough.' Rest assured, my loyalty is to you first and foremost."

SNAFU wrote:"I'd like a full report on your recent activities in Europe, including and most importantly your interactions with Hades and the items you handled."
Vheld nods. "I had exactly three interactions with Hades Himself- the rest of the team only two. For the first, He contacted me directly while I was alone at The Haunt, offering to resurrect my familiar Sil in exchange for a service. For the second, I put Him in touch with the commander of my mercenary company, to negotiate the terms of employment. The third was after our mission was complete, where we handed over our proof of death and received our payment."

"A strange alien intelligence called Morogot had somehow infested the island, and the four beings we hunted had secured themselves in various citadels therein. Our objective was to locate and kill them, and retrieve proof of their deaths for Hades. During the mission we had periodic contact with one of Hades' servitors, some sort of ghost or spirit by the name of Umay Kubai. We had a few encounters with local wildlife that had been altered by Morogot, but other more friendly encounters with locals who aided us."

"We began to make headway on the island by destroying some sort of node for Morogot's infestation that had taken control of the pyramids there and their accompanying nexus. This reversed much of the infestation, quite spectacularly, and rendered our targets vulnerable. Unfortunately, our progress attracted the attention of local cyborg Warlords, which prompted a confrontation with mixed results as we attempted to complete our mission."

"During the mission we retrieved two treasure caches. I myself laid claim to a rune item specializing in psionic manipulation and magical curses, a techno-wizard battle fury blade manufactured in the Federation of Magic here on Earth, and a chest of cursed Aesir Bludgeld. Others on the team received rather unusual items as well. This included four magical rings- one for protection, one for thievery, one of invisibility, and one that appears to grant some form of immortality; two amulets enchanted to provide magical armor of ithan; a miniature PPE battery of Tolkeenite design; some mythical shadow armor from another realm; a cloak enchanted to function like armor; two daggers- one of Dwarven manufacture I believe, another some sort of holy weapon of the assassin Panath; gauntlets that improve the wearer's skills; the fabled Pauper's Crown; a techno-wizard harness that enables flight; a corrupted millennium tree wand; a magical horn that can expel demons and the undead; a dagger that infects with pestilence and drains life; and a particle pistol blessed by Ares."

SNAFU wrote:Relying on a dragon's supernatural endurance and Vheld's will, they power through the procedures at an impressive rate of 6 hour pre-tattoo. It's 8:00 am when Vheld leaves the dragon, feeling for all the world he'd been run over a bus. Twice.
Vheld staggers out of the restaurant, leaning heavily on his staff and continuing to move mainly through sheer force of will. He needs rest, and that means going to The Haunt.

((--> Haunt))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Previous

Return to The Spokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests