Goldleaf & Silk (83)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Goldleaf & Silk (83)

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:54 am

This store deals in fabric, needles and thread, paint, brushes and supplies for arts and crafts. Not frequented by visitors to the city as much as residents.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Goldleaf & Silk (83)

Postby William Summers » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:14 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 62

Will walks in to Goldleaf and Silk with a youthful stride to his step. What a good shopping day! To even be able to afford this stuff is great! An honest day's pay for an honest day's merc. He begins to browse around, looking for the perfect supplies to create the vision in his head. One of those... a dozen of these... definitely one of those... He approaches the counter with the following items in a shopping basket. "It's a beautiful day to paint, wouldn't you say?"

5x Small Paint Brushes
    12x 16 oz jars of acrylic paint (Light Red, Dark Red, Yellow, Deep Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Black, Green, Orange, Silver, Gold and White.)
    12x Marker Pens (varying colors)
    1x Hardcover sketch book
    3x Linen Stretched Canvases
    1x Pallette
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:26 am

William Summers wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4/Original post: 1d100 = 62

Will walks in to Goldleaf and Silk with a youthful stride to his step. What a good shopping day! To even be able to afford this stuff is great! An honest day's pay for an honest day's merc. He begins to browse around, looking for the perfect supplies to create the vision in his head. One of those... a dozen of these... definitely one of those... He approaches the counter with the following items in a shopping basket. "It's a beautiful day to paint, wouldn't you say?"

5x Small Paint Brushes
    12x 16 oz jars of acrylic paint (Light Red, Dark Red, Yellow, Deep Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Black, Green, Orange, Silver, Gold and White.)
    12x Marker Pens (varying colors)
    1x Hardcover sketch book
    3x Linen Stretched Canvases
    1x Pallette

"Why yes it is sir, Have you painted a Merctown Sunset yet? The junk fires make it the most uncanny myriad of orange and pinks." The shopkeeper calculates the total and hands Will a bag. "500 creds"
SNAFU

Postby William Summers » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 14

Will hands over his card to pay for the art supplies and takes another quick glance around the store. "I noticed how nice the sunset was here. Not as nice as a Dweomer sunset though. All the magic being tossed around makes for some very interesting colors. It's been a pleasure. Maybe I'll bring my creation back here. See what you think about it." Will takes his stuff and heads back to his home.

Outskirts: Roughnecks Operational Compound
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/22
JIC 20: 1d20 = 20
JIC 100: 1d100 = 55

Yojimbo, as is customary for him, checks to ensure the store will support his weight and enters.

Interesting... I am unfamiliar with many of the items here, but this seems to be the right kind of place for my needs.

Knowing he is here to peruse and establish a connection with the proprietor(s), he bows and politely greets whomever approaches him, and inquires as to the availability and cost of a few items:
  • a few quality paintbrushes suitable for painting
  • a few quality brushes suitable for calligraphy
  • some high quality inks and paints for both painting and calligraphy
  • supplies for whittling and sculpting
  • high quality paper for art and calligraphy
  • two notepads and pens
  • a few "Sharpie" style permanent markers, in red and blue
  • wood stain and finishing supplies, including brushes, lacquer, sandpaper, etc.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1005/1005
P.P.E.: 420/420
I.S.P.: 60/60

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Zoe Barenger » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 pm

An elderly human woman approaches Yojimbo, using an ornate walking stick. 'Well you are a big one, ain'tcha lad?" She listens to his requests. As Yojimbo mentions his requests, the lady shows him the item asked for. After talking and discussing the items, Yojimbo gets a rough estimate. "The price will vary depending on quality. I can gather up all the items on your list for 500 credits of average quality or 1000 credits for high quality."
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Zoe Barenger wrote:An elderly human woman approaches Yojimbo, using an ornate walking stick. 'Well you are a big one, ain'tcha lad?" She listens to his requests. As Yojimbo mentions his requests, the lady shows him the item asked for. After talking and discussing the items, Yojimbo gets a rough estimate. "The price will vary depending on quality. I can gather up all the items on your list for 500 credits of average quality or 1000 credits for high quality."

As soon as the elderly woman approaches, Yojimbo takes a knee so as not to make her work any harder than she needs to. He admires the craftsmanship of her walking stick.

He will, once more, use his Ectoplasmic hand to make notes of the discussion as he and the woman discuss the requests.

"Thank you very much for your time, madam. You are most gracious and I look forward to making a purchase of these fine items from you some time in the near future."

He thinks for a moment, and then directs his "hand" to pull out his bone and wood carvings to show the elderly lady.

"Here are some of the things I will be painting and working with. They are a work in progress... but I expect to have them completed before my return."

Seeing the carvings, Yojimbo resists the flood of memories that attempts to burst through. After showing the elderly woman some of his work, he decides to leave her with a parting gift and directs his "hand" to pull out one of the small pieces of paper in his pack. He gets to work immediately...

Skill Roll
Art (Origami, a white bird shape for the woman) --> 1d100 = 21 / 47%

He then hands the bird to the elderly woman, and says, "Please accept this as a token of my appreciation for your time and kind attention."
Last edited by Yojimbo on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo
Current Status

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 am

The lady looks astonished as Yojimbo speaks. ” Well, you are a polite one, aren't you?” Once Yojimbo has kneeled down, she reaches up to his cheek with a gentle wrinkled hand. She lovingly pats his cheek, as a grandma would do. ” Your heart is the size of you my friend.”

Yojimbo wrote:"Here are some of the things I will be painting and working with. They are a work in progress... but I expect to have them completed before my return."

Seeing the ghost hand make an origami bird, the lady makes a little giggle sound. ” Aren't you a charmer?” She watches with interest as Yojimbo displays his works. She nods and her smile grows as she looks over the items. She reaches for one with a raised eyebrow as if to say, “May I?”. Assuming a yes, she examines each with an artists eye and patience. As Yojimbo mentions returning after with funds, her head snaps up to look at him. ” I normally don't offer this, but I like your work. How about I commission a piece? I can offer you 150 credits a piece as is, but 300 a piece if you can finish them before you leave for wherever?” She places the items back on the counter and steps back.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:54 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Zoe Barenger wrote:Seeing the ghost hand make an origami bird, the lady makes a little giggle sound. ” Aren't you a charmer?” She watches with interest as Yojimbo displays his works. She nods and her smile grows as she looks over the items. She reaches for one with a raised eyebrow as if to say, “May I?”. Assuming a yes, she examines each with an artists eye and patience. As Yojimbo mentions returning after with funds, her head snaps up to look at him. ” I normally don't offer this, but I like your work. How about I commission a piece? I can offer you 150 credits a piece as is, but 300 a piece if you can finish them before you leave for wherever?” She places the items back on the counter and steps back.

Yojimbo is uncertain how to reply to the kindly woman's offer. However, knowledge of his impending costs weighs upon him, and he decides to accept.

"You are most kind to make such a generous offer. What would you like a carving of?" he asks.

Contingency
Yojimbo will politely decline to either sell the current pieces he is working on or accept a commission to make identical copies of them (sentimental value, and he would rather give them away than sell them), but anything else is fair game other than a carving of a tiger or flower
Yojimbo
Current Status

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throw Bonuses
Yojimbo

Postby Zoe Barenger » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:28 am

The lady just looks on as Yojimbo speaks. "Nothing in particular, dearie. When you complete a piece or two, come see me. I will buy the ones I like and display here in my shop." She giggles behind her hand. "I understand young artists need to be seen, so I have chosen to help you." There is no malice in her tone or voice. She turns away, "If that is all? I look forward to your return. She continues to the counter and settles into a chair behind it.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:13 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Zoe Barenger wrote:The lady just looks on as Yojimbo speaks. "Nothing in particular, dearie. When you complete a piece or two, come see me. I will buy the ones I like and display here in my shop." She giggles behind her hand. "I understand young artists need to be seen, so I have chosen to help you." There is no malice in her tone or voice. She turns away, "If that is all? I look forward to your return. She continues to the counter and settles into a chair behind it.

"Arigatōgozaimashita*. I will return when I have finished your pieces, then. I look forward to seeing your wonderful store again. Shitsurei shimasu!**" A deep bow follows, and Yojimbo exits the store.

Translations
*=Thank you very much
**=A formal way of taking one's leave from a superior or stranger, this saying conveys the idea of "please excuse me for leaving you" or "please excuse me for being the first to leave"

((Job Market Cafe))
Yojimbo
Current Status

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throw Bonuses
Yojimbo

Return to The Spokes