Wilderness Equipment Outlet (95)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Wilderness Equipment Outlet (95)

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am

This is the place to buy camping, fishing, hunting and wilderness survival gear. Prices at the outlet are reasonable and the selection is unmatched, with items imported from all over North America as well as those produced locally. It is often the first stop for hunters, trappers, Wilderness Scouts, Psi-Stalkers, Bounty Hunters, Rangers, and many soldiers.

The Wilderness Equipment Outlet carries a wide range of items that includes just about everything short of Mega-Damage weapons, but does sell hunting knives, bows and arrows, fishing gear, and other S.D.C. hunting items. Its inventory includes tents, sleeping bags, cook stoves, cookware & eating utensils, heaters , lanterns, flashlights, waterproof bags, packs, rucksacks, kit bags, utility belts, web gear, tac vests, protective gear (helmets, Kevlar gloves, goggles , etc.), climbing gear, rope, diving equipment, parkas, rain suits, clothing suited for all environments, military-style BOUs, gloves, toques, skis, snowshoes, fishing rods, fishing line & tackle, inflatable boats, kayaks, canoes, paddles, life preservers, outboard motors, Jerry cans, flares, compasses , survival gear, snare wire, animal traps, first aid kits, assorted tools, rations, and just about anything else you can think of for camping or hunting .
+5% to first roll find uncommon or rare survival gear items
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Wilderness Equipment Outlet (95)

Postby Bellone » Mon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 56

Entering the shop Benjamin looks around for trail rations and a radio. As he walks around the shop he looks for other equipment that might be of use to the group as a whole. Once he finds the rations he remembers that he'll need a backpack as well to carry his purchases. Lets see seven people and one weeks worth of food for each, three radios, and a backpack to start. "Any specials this week" he inquires of the shopkeeper
Bellone

Postby Augur » Wed May 06, 2015 9:34 am

Benjamin wrote:"Any specials this week" he inquires of the shopkeeper

Pay attention to your punctuation.

A clerk saunters over to Ben. "Well, there's a 10% discount on all clothing--boss says we gotta get that merchandise moving as it is taking up valuable shelf space."
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 am

Duke wrote:Duke parks and secures his prowler outside and enters the store.

Duke sees the clerk speaking with another outdoorsman (Benjamin), walks up, and politely waits a sec. The clerk notices him. "How can I help you, sir?"
Duke wrote:"What do ya think, friend? Interested?" He will attempt to sell all of the pelts at once for 15,000 credits, but will accept an offer as low as 11,000 after some negotiation.

"I'm sorry, sir. While we do sometimes accept barter in exchange for goods, we don't sell pelts--only finished products. I do believe there's a place in the Mystic Quarter that deals in such stuff, and Old Town Tannery will no doubt buy those."
Augur
Admin

Postby Bellone » Fri May 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 59

Benjamin decides he needs a compass. Going to the right area he adds that to the pile. Don't know what happened to my last one, but always a good thing to have. "I think this is will be all for me this time. What is the total?" Once he pays for it all he takes a moment to pack it all away and carry it back to the haven. This should help, I'll make sure everyone has some before we head out.

Heros Haven (145a)

TGM EDIT: Transaction completed: -10 credits, sheet's already updated.
Bellone

Postby Ronith » Fri May 22, 2015 12:26 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 21
PER: 1d20+9 = 23

Ronith briskly walks in and nods to the proprietor. "Good day. I am Sir Ronith Turand, of Heroes for Hire. I would like to purchase a few items, if they are available. First and foremost, I am seeking a backpack. As sturdy as possible- my team sees a lot of action, and I would hate for it to be inadvertently damaged. Capacity is of secondary concern, but larger would be better depending on what you have available."

"Also, I seek two bandoliers for grenades or e-clips. Do you sell them here?"

((Checked the other stores- didn't see any other likely candidates for the latter request.))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Sat May 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13, Original post: 1d100 = 21
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 23

Ronith briskly walks in and nods to the proprietor. "Good day. I am Sir Ronith Turand, of Heroes for Hire. I would like to purchase a few items, if they are available. First and foremost, I am seeking a backpack. As sturdy as possible- my team sees a lot of action, and I would hate for it to be inadvertently damaged. Capacity is of secondary concern, but larger would be better depending on what you have available."

"Also, I seek two bandoliers for grenades or e-clips. Do you sell them here?"

The proprietor (or perhaps store manager) comes out from the back to help Ronith as the person working the floor is busy setting up a display of camping equipment. "Sir Ronith, you say? I heard the Defenders and Merchant Council cleared up some bad business on your behalf lately. Good to hear! I never took those allegations seriously, myself. Anyways, to your needs. I would personally recommend the Overland Harness and Frame Backpack, or perhaps the NG-S2 basic survival pack, or even Naruni's backpack if you want to overpay for a brand name. You can only buy the Naruni model at their store--they won't sell to distributors, but we carry the full line of NG wilderness and survival gear as they prefer to have third parties sell their non-combat products. And bandoliers--we got those, too. Lots of different types for different needs. Still, the Overland's hard to beat." The man will show Ronith everything he has available.

Overland Harness and Frame Backpack (NG2, p.251-252)
Basic Survival Pack (NG2, p.251)
Augur
Admin

Postby Ronith » Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 65
PER: 1d20+9 = 17

The Game Master wrote:"I heard the Defenders and Merchant Council cleared up some bad business on your behalf lately. Good to hear! I never took those allegations seriously, myself."

Ronith smiles in return. "Thank you. My team and I appreciate your confidence. As to your selection, I believe I shall defer to your recommendation and take the Overland."

((I don't have NG2, so I can't tell if getting the Overland obviates the need for the bandoleers. If Ronith can clip at least 3-4 goblin bombs to the backpack frame, then the Overland is all he'll get. Otherwise, he'll get two bandoleers that fit him snugly enough that they won't fall off during his combat acrobatics, but loosely enough that they allow for full range of movement.))

Once he is finished with his purchases, Ronith will return to the Haven.

((MQ/Heroes' Haven))
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
Status

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Ronith » Fri May 29, 2015 6:20 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 14
PER: 1d20+9 = 29

Ronith scrutinizes both items carefully, eventually nodding to himself. "I shall take the 'All-in-one' outfitted with two hip holsters, as well as the extra-durable ((MDC)) version of the overland. Black and olive drab color, if you please. My thanks."

Once his business has been settled, Ronith will pay and leave.
Status

Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:18 pm

The man completes Ronith's transaction as desired.

(Items allocated to your room. Funds deducted.)
Augur
Admin

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Perception 1d100 = 20
JIC 1d20 = 9
JIC 1d100 = 52

As Dhaltuun enters the store, He calls Marcella to him. Once she is comfortable on his shoulder, he enters the shop. Taking a moment for it to sink in ”Nice. They have EVERYTHING i think i may ever need.” He looks for a sales person.

Upon finding a clerk, Dhaltuun says ”Hi. I need some help please. I have about 2900 credits and would like some equipment. Some rather mundane, but some pieces may be hard to find.” He pulls up a list on his hand held computer.

Canteen: Aluminum: 30 cr. - - GMG Pg 181 ((would like to swap for camping kettle))
SDC Cookware – small wok – as Frying Pan (small): 8-10 cr. - GMG Pg 181
Hammer (average, metal): 10-20 cr . - GMG Pg 181
Hand Axe/Hatchet (does 1D6 S.D.C. damage): 15-30 cr. - GMG Pg 181
a Spice Array – Cost: 400 credits - Rifter 32 pg 85 - comes pre-loaded with six Common or Rare spices of the buyer's choice. - Black pepper / Cajun spice / Italian / Montreal steak / Garlic / chili pepper
Mundane Knives: - a Chef’s Knife - 15-300 credits, a Paring Knife - 15-300 credits - Rifter 32 pg 82
SPU-5, Sonic Pulsar Unit; Electronic Flea & bug Repellant: collar (Bird) / necklace (me) - Cost: 100 credits each for the belt, collar, or necklace variety. . - GMG Pg 188
Utensil Kit (knife, fork, spoon set with sheath) - 25 cr. - GMG Pg 182
A sleeping bag - 110-160cr. - GMG Pg 182
Canteen: Aluminum: 30 cr. GMG Pg 181
X2 Sketch Book (100 sheets, hardcover) - 8-12 cr. Each - GMG Pg 182
Note Pad, police style (small, 100 pages) - 1 cr. - GMG Pg 182
Marker Pen (3): (red x1 / blue x1 / black x1) - 1 cr. Each - GMG Pg 182
Marker Pens (dozen) - 6-8 cr. - GMG Pg 182
Mechanical Pencil (4) - 2-5 cr. - GMG Pg 182
Mechanical Pencil lead (24 in a pack) - 10 cr. - GMG Pg 182
2 small bottles of various Special Sauces - 1D6x I 0 credits per bottle - Rifter 32 pg 85 - 'Special Sauce' is a catch-all for the various secret concoctions and sauces one happens across as they travel throughout the world. It may be anything from hot sauce to a marinade to a proper pasta sauce, but the love and devotion mixed into the condiment comes across in its flavor. Using a Special Sauce in one's cooking provides a +5% bonus to a Cook roll , and a bottle contains enough sauce for 1 D4 uses in cooking (the sauce can also be saved for your exclusive use, lasting for months and making your personal meals dang tasty) - ketchup, BBQ sauce

TOTAL: 1676 Credits

Dhaltuun hands the list over and patiently waits for the clerk to look the list over and reply. ”I hope this place can help me. They look like they know their shit. This place could be good to come back to. Praise Njord for directing me to this place.”

OCC: again, my apologies.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 pm

The clerk puts down the newspaper he was reading and smiles as Dhaltuun enters. "Good day sir," he says amicably and takes the dwarf's list. "Planning a bit of an expedition," he asks in that absent but polite tone that says he's not really interested in the details but doesn't want to be rude either. Leading Dhaltuun around the store the entirety of the list is soon located and it comes to a total of 1300 credits. As you go around the store you also spy a nice set of portable Woodworking Tools in a carrying case for 300 credits, a Shaving/Grooming kit on sale for 20, a serviceable Wood Saw for 15, and a set of Grill tools for 35.

OOC: I'm not sure what you mean by camping grill. Do you mean a portable stove or just a grate to put over a fire?
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 am

Perception 1d100 = 67
JIC 1d20 = 18
JIC 1d100 = 16

Dhaltuun’s eyes light up as the pile of items grows before him. ”This is great. Everything i wanted in one place.” He looks at the clerk ”Thanks for yer help. No, not an expedition, just a little adventuring. “ Seeing the case of woodworking tools, Dhaltuun lets out a low whistle ”Nice!! These are coming with me.” He grabs the wood saw, adding it o his pile. Finally, with the addition of the grill tools and shaving kit, Dhaltuun heads to the counter to buy his new gear.

As he adds over his card, he asks ”Can you suggest somewhere one can purchase some provisions? Food and drink for the road.” Dhaltuun snaps a glance at his bird ”I won’t forget about you, my girl.” Looks back to the clerk ”Maybe some treats for my beauty?” As he mentions “beauty”, Marcella puffs up, trying to show off her feathers.

OOC: Grate for a fire is good
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
OOC Comments

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Nightvision 300 feet
Augmented P.S.

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action

Sense Rifts
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Dhaltuun finds a nice grill with several rings to hang from a tripod stand and also includes a set of foldable legs to stand on its own for 30 credits bringing the total for everything to 1700 credits. When asked about provisions the clerk points you to the section of the store that has all sorts of prepared rations, MREs, and meal bars. If it's fresh food you're looking for he mentions that there's a farmer's market going on at the Swap Meet & Flea Market grounds.

OOC: Let me know which way you want to go on the food and I'll deduct the credits and add your purchases to your sheet.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:05 am

Dhaltuun’s Post

Perception 1d100 = 79
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 82

Grabbing the tripod grill, Dhaltuun asks ”Btw, do you sell ammo for this beast?” He pats the sawed-off on his belt. ”Add in some beef jerky??say, 1 lb” He will pay for the tripod as well as the jerky and a box of 12 gauge shells

((Swap Meet & Flea market))
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
OOC Comments

Current Conditions:

Nightvision 300 feet
Augmented P.S.

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Uses 1 melee action

Sense Rifts

Dimensional Travel

Communication Rift

Familiar Link

Summoning
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Given everything the dwarf has purchased the clerk tosses in a 1lb bag of jerky for free. When asked about shotgun shells they don't have any fancy military grade ammo but plenty of the regular stuff. He says, "Ninety credits for a box of 100, slug or shot."

OOC: Credits deducted and items added. Make sure to check your sheet and move things around to reflect how you would carry it. If you want the shells let me know, if not welcome to EU and good luck with the Templars!
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/60%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 2
JIC (100): 1d100 = 4

Naliyah enters the store, looking around at all the adventuring and "outdoors" equipment, sleeping bags, various tents and camping implements, and so on.

Wow. These humans have really found some ingenious ways to overcome their natural limitations. Still, I'll take my fur and claws over a 'jacket and knife' any day.

She looks around and approaches the area with waterproof bags and packs, settling on a waterproof "waist bag" that has a spacious interior and straps so she can strap it on. Next, she finds some pouches - just large enough so that one of her 3 pound chunks of meat could fit inside.

If she has not been approached yet by a store employee, she then seeks one out: "Hello, I'm looking for something like this..." - here she points at the waist bag - " and these smaller pouches over here. I'll need four of the smaller ones to fit inside of the larger one, and the smaller ones need to have an opening that a human hand, or my paw, can reach inside comfortably."

She waits expectantly for the store employee to answer and describes what she's looking for in detail when given the chance: She's trying to find a weatherproof waist bag that could hold 4 of these pouches inside comfortably, and could be strapped to her body. The pouches need to be tough material - M.D.C. toughness is not required, but will be considered, if at a reasonable cost, and they need to be easily sealed so that they are not easily able to be opened unless intentionally.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Naliyah wrote: "Hello, I'm looking for something like this..." - here she points at the waist bag - " and these smaller pouches over here. I'll need four of the smaller ones to fit inside of the larger one, and the smaller ones need to have an opening that a human hand, or my paw, can reach inside comfortably."

Naliyah is greeted by a large lizard-like bi-pedal that offers a coarse laugh when Naliyah asks. "He He He. Usually it's the hunter who stop here, not the prey." It leans down looking at the lioness.

"So a Lioness wants a fanny pack, I've heard weirder I suppose." He says with a chuckle, taking a molle tactical-webbed waist-pack and putting it on the counter. "And four smaller one big enough for a paw but small enough to fit in the pack, together, empty I hope?" He continues, talking more to himself as Naliyah sees four smaller molle-web pouches.

He returns to the counter with the five bags between him and Naliyah. "One molle-webbing waist pack, water resistant and four molle-webbing pouches to go inside or be strapped on the outside of it using the molle-webbing. Top tier survival equipment; only way you'll find tougher material is to go through NGR or something." He pauses, "Total for this will be 300 credits unless there is something else?".
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Underguard wrote:Naliyah is greeted by a large lizard-like bi-pedal that offers a coarse laugh when Naliyah asks. "He He He. Usually it's the hunter who stop here, not the prey." It leans down looking at the lioness.

Naliyah grins a friendly grin. "Well, you know how it is... a girl has to get her paws dirty sometimes!" she says cheerfully, filing the lizard-person's jab away for later reference.

Underguard wrote:"So a Lioness wants a fanny pack, I've heard weirder I suppose." He says with a chuckle, taking a molle tactical-webbed waist-pack and putting it on the counter. "And four smaller one big enough for a paw but small enough to fit in the pack, together, empty I hope?" He continues, talking more to himself as Naliyah sees four smaller molle-web pouches.

He returns to the counter with the five bags between him and Naliyah. "One molle-webbing waist pack, water resistant and four molle-webbing pouches to go inside or be strapped on the outside of it using the molle-webbing. Top tier survival equipment; only way you'll find tougher material is to go through NGR or something." He pauses, "Total for this will be 300 credits unless there is something else?".

NGR? Molle? thinks the lioness, confused by the terminology.

"Yes... I believe that will be all, I think..." she says, letting the last word linger for a moment as she rests her chin on a paw while looking up as if thinking hard.

"I'm sorry, but - in case it isn't clear - I'm not really from around here," she says with a disarming and charming smile.

"Would you be a good sport and tell me what molle and NGR are?" she asks as she forms the Ectoplasmic hand to reach onto her harness and get her secure card to present to the merchant lizard person.

I really must learn more about all the diverse species here... she thinks briefly before immediately reigning in that thought: One thing at a time, Naliyah, one thing at a time. How about you get over to the Mystic Quarter and visit the Collegiate Arcane first, hmm?

Once the lizard-person explains molle and the NGR to her satisfaction, she presents payment and thanks him, putting the smaller pouches into the larger one and securing the larger one to her harness via her Ectoplasmic hand. She then offers the hand to the lizard-person-thing and politely excuses herself.

OOC Comments
No need to RP the lizard's explanation unless you want to, or want to limit what she finds out (or distort it somehow). Just trying to get "player knowledge" into "character knowledge", as it were.

"Thank you for your help. I'm sure I'll come back and visit again when I need more wilderness equipment!" she says.

Maybe next time, I'll bring in some fresh 'prey' so you can see who the hunter really is too, hmm? she thinks with a sly smile as she turns to leave.

<<Naliyah will head toward the Collegiate Arcane>>
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 /21%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 59

Wolf walks in and heads directly for the counter, tipping his hat to the attendant. "Afternoon. I'm looking for a saddle bag and a large duster."

Saddle bags-100 to 200 cr --pg 182 GMG
Cloak- 150-250cr --pg 182 GMG
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 am

The clerk points out a large rack with several saddlebags of varying sizes and materials, though none of them on this rack seem to be able to withstand a great deal of punishment. Beyond them are several clothing racks of simple riding cloaks and jackets; among other materials.

Wolf is able to find a a dark brown, ankle length leather riding coat. It definitely doesn't appear to be resistant to any form of punishment from weapons but seems perfect for riding. A set of Saddlebags matching the duster can also be found.

Wolf brings the the items up to the front and the clerk checks him out. The clerks checks both items out and nods. "400 credits."

Transaction Complete. Items added to sheet, credits deducted.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Felix » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/40%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 12
JIC (100): 1d100 = 62

Wolf Whitaker wrote:
Wolf walks in and heads directly for the counter, tipping his hat to the attendant. "Afternoon. I'm looking for a saddle bag and a large duster."

Felix accompanies Wolf and Saul into the store and says, "Hola!" to the attendant. While Wolf is talking to the attendant, Felix browses the general wares.

Hmm, artículos interesantes* ... he thinks while browsing... not really seeing anything of strong interest and just biding his time.

"Sees anything you needs, Señor Sah-ool?" he says to Saul.

Spanish Translations
*= interesting items...
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Felix

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 am

**Rolls Held**

Underguard wrote:
Wolf brings the the items up to the front and the clerk checks him out. The clerks checks both items out and nods. "400 credits."

Wolf pays for his gear, "400. Thank you sir." Wolf turns to Felix after his purchases are complete. "¿Tienes otro lugar al que necesitas ir?"

If Felix has any where else he needs to go Wolf will tag along with him.

If Felix does not have anywhere else to go Wolf will say. "¿Regresar a su recinto? Dirigir."

Translations
Do you have anywhere else you need to go?

Heading back to your compound? Lead on.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Saul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 77

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 12

Saul looks around at the variety of camping gear, but there's not much of it that interests him. My primary interests are of a more urban variety. Given the sparsity of wilderness libraries. However...

He spots a first aid kit, and realizes he doesn't have one, and probably should.

He holds it up for the clerk. "How much do you charge for the first aid kits, sir?"
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 107/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Felix » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 am

**rolls held**

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf turns to Felix after his purchases are complete. "¿Tienes otro lugar al que necesitas ir?"

If Felix has any where else he needs to go Wolf will tag along with him.

If Felix does not have anywhere else to go Wolf will say. "¿Regresar a su recinto? Dirigir."

Translations
Do you have anywhere else you need to go?

Heading back to your compound? Lead on.

Felix walks up to Saul: "Señor Sah-ool, we goes back to el compuesto. You comes?"

He says to Wolf, "Señor Lobo, no mas compras para mi."

Y no mucho dinero...

He then exits the store with his friends and goes to the M.A.R.S. Compound.

Spanish Translations
No more shopping for me.
And not much money...

<<M.A.R.S. Compound>>
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Felix

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 am

Saul wrote:He spots a first aid kit, and realizes he doesn't have one, and probably should.

He holds it up for the clerk."How much do you charge for the first aid kits, sir?"

The clerk at the register looks up, "100 credits per, shall I ring you up?" The clerk asks Saul.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Saul » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:43 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 21

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 43

Felix wrote:"Señor Sah-ool, we goes back to el compuesto. You comes?"

Saul nods. "Indeed. One moment as I conclude my transaction."

Clerk wrote:"100 credits per, shall I ring you up?"

Saul pulls out his credit card. "If you please, I should like two first aid kits. Thank you."

Saul will conclude his business and accompany Felix, Wolf, and whomever else back to the compound.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 107/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Underguard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:19 am

Saul wrote:"If you please, I should like two first aid kits. Thank you."

The clerk nods, checks both and charges Saul's chit. "Come back anytime."

Transaction Complete. Items added to sheet in Backpack. Credits deducted from Secure Card.
Underguard
Game Master

Return to The Spokes