Old Town Tannery (99)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Old Town Tannery (99)

Postby Augur » Sat May 09, 2015 10:12 am

The Old Town is a tannery and leather goods store that sells leather jackets, coats, clothing, chaps, saddlebags, attache cases, purses, bags, pouches, horse barding, and ancient-style leather armor. While the store doesn't carry items made from the super-tough hides of creatures (like dragons, dinosaurs, etc.), they will make special orders if provided with the proper materials by the customer.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Old Town Tannery (99)

Postby Augur » Sat May 09, 2015 3:56 pm

A gentleman with a thick, well-groomed handlebar mustache, and clad almost entirely in well-worn, comfortable-looking leather greets Duke mid-store. His voice is deep and rich, and his tone is bombastic. "Greetings, hearty fellow! Welcome to the finest purveyor of hand-crafted leather goods in the world! Lucius is the name, good sir, and what's that you've got over your shoulder there? A pair of dinosaur hides? Good, good! Lay those across the floor here and let's have an eye at them, eh? Nice, very nice young man! Did you trade for these or bring these down yourself? Fine specimens either way, yes, very fine!" After Duke's price pitch, the man offers a hearty laugh in return. "That is positively outrageous! My, but you have some gumption. Good for you, son--be bold! Perhaps you'll find a mark to take you up on your offer at that price! I, however, am no mark. I'll give you eight thousand for those hides, and not a penny more. But I admire your audacity!"

OOC: Skills like Barter, and M.A./P.B. related abilities will help you get the most out of such interactions.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sun May 10, 2015 9:33 am

Lucius shakes his head in the negative. "I don't question your hunting skills, good man, but I would be paying the difference in value out of my own wages were I to agree to that sum. You can have the eight thousand now, and a hearty clap on the back to boot, or you can try your luck elsewhere, and any future offers of mine will be less." He crosses his arms and his bushy eyebrows knit together as he awaits your decision. "The choice is yours."
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Thu May 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 57

John walks in the door, hefting a crate of brightly-colored dinosaur hides on his shoulder. He walks to the counter, nods at the proprietor, and says, "Good afternoon. I understand you produce the finest leather goods in New Paducah. I need a full wardrobe of mix and match boots, pants and jackets made from the contents of this crate, please."

Pre-Emptive Barter: 1d100 = 14 / 62%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Tue May 26, 2020 10:02 am

A gentleman with a thick, well-groomed handlebar moustache, and clad almost entirely in well-worn, comfortable-looking leather greets John mid-store. His voice is deep and rich, and his tone is bombastic.

"Greetings, hearty fellow! Welcome to the finest purveyor of hand-crafted leather goods in the world! Lucius is the name, good sir, how might I be of assistance to you today?"

John Altfeld wrote:"Good afternoon. I understand you produce the finest leather goods in New Paducah. I need a full wardrobe of mix and match boots, pants and jackets made from the contents of this crate, please."

Lucius laughs deeply and loudly

"Lad, nobody calls in New Paducah anymore. It's Merctown. Now, let's see these hides." He looks at the box of hides and begins twirling his moustache.

"Lad, are you sure that these are the hides you want?" When John indicates they are, "Considering the amount of hides in here, I should be able to make several outfits for you. As you are supplying the materials, shall we say 5000 credits for the lot?"
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby John Altfeld » Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 pm

ROLLS HELD

John nods, "Yes, these are going to look great as clothes. Look how bright and stripey they are! Five thousand it is, and thank you!"

John patiently waits while the man takes measurements, then pays him half in advance, before giving the phone number for the Roughneck compound so he can be alerted when the new clothes are ready.

"Thank you again, I can't wait to see how they turn out!"

John then leaves to The Wilk's Store.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron