Miranda's Fashion Boutique (62)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Miranda's Fashion Boutique (62)

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

A women's fashion boutique run by Miranda Sorano (4th level Merchant), a former seamstress with a keen eye for ladies wear. Her store sells everything from bridal gowns and elegant dresses to expensive casual clothes and business wear.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
Augur
Admin

Re: Miranda's Fashion Boutique (62)

Postby Jezebel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 14
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active

Skills useful for shopping
Barter 66% / 1d100 = 3
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 40
Wardrobe & Grooming 82% / 1d100 = 70

Jez strides into the boutique with a smile at Annie. Yeah, this is way more like it. Jez beams with authority and confidence as her eyes track down the staff like a hunter his prey. "I'll be buying seven different stunning outfits for myself and my girlfriends. If you're the most competent person on staff, it's time for you to earn a sizable commission. You can start by taking our measurements. Everything should fit each of us perfectly. Four more women will be arriving shortly, so if you need to call in additional help, you'd best do it immediately, then start bringing out the clothes. My ladies here suggested maybe a long, black dress for me. Something perhaps more classy and less sexy. Isn't that about how you described it, Annie?" She pulls out her MTE Cellphone and sends out a text.
Code: Select all
If you want mama bear to spend some money on you, get your asses to Miranda's Fashion Boutique. It's in the Spokes at the intersection near Allen's Markets, The Paducah Health Club, and the Spokes Hotel. Kind of a posh area. A free, stylish outfit to each GIRL who gets here quick!

She then shows Milly and Annie the text. "I'm not sure which of the bitches have phones yet or not. Either of you have other means of spreading this message?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Perception: 58%= 1d100 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 10

Availability & Rarity Rolls
Charm/Impress: 20% 1d100 = 1
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65% 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
PPE: 247/207
Fly 210/100 min duration, 100 mph, Max height 4000', +1 strike/dodge, +3 dmg from HTH attacks

Analoy floats in, making it a point to keep her head level with Jezebel's. "Yup, this is a women's shop." She says at the obvious site. It even smells like a women's shop. What is that, lavender and vanilla? She hover's around the racks looking for something that stands out to her. "You two see anything that you like yet or are you gonna wait and see what the clerk offers up?"

When the clerk does wander over, Analoy says, "we're looking for some finery. For me, I'm leaning toward ankle length, silver and tactical with electric blue heels." She looks over at the other GIRLS to see what they think of her suggestion to the clerk.

Turning to Milly, Analoy says, "I do think you'd look good in something with a shorter hem and strappy. What do you think about blue or maybe emerald green?"
Last edited by Analoy on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucille Davis » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 44

Jezebel wrote:
If you want mama bear to spend some money on you, get your asses to Miranda's Fashion Boutique. It's in the Spokes at the intersection near Allen's Markets, The Paducah Health Club, and the Spokes Hotel. Kind of a posh area. A free, stylish outfit to each GIRL who gets here quick!

Well that's awful nice of Boss Jez. Lucy thinks. And it does take her long from entering Miranda's to spy the top of purple hair with pink hair hovering nearby. She walk over to where Jez, Annie, oh, and Milly! are getting their measurements taken. The wears all around her look stunning on headless mannequins with their thin oddly jointed wrists, the air lightly scented. Never with heads... she thinks. And you wouldn't even know this was in MercTown. Certainly ain't never seen the likes of this back in Stormspire. She becomes immediately conscious of her jumpsuit and lack of jewelry.

"Um, hey y'all. Hi Jez," Lucy says shyly, her eyes low. "Um Jez? I don't really know much about fashion, and I wouldn't know where to even start, or what something real nice like would cost. Don't suppose you could give me some pointers, on account of you being so pretty and all." She sorta kicks the toe of her shoe at the carpet. "I mean, ain't got no wand or device going to suddenly transmogrify this ugly duckling, but maybe something, um... well.." She swallows. Fashionable? Or sleek? Is sleek a word I should be using now?" Dear great Mummu, please don't have her say... ugh... sexy...

Skill rolls JIC
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 74 / 15%
Appraise Goods 1d100 = 20 / 64%
Gemology 1d100 = 7 / 49%
Lore: Magic, General Knowledge 1d100 = 98 / 49% (If Analoy thinks Lore: Demons & Monsters is helpful, well...)
Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 42 / 30%
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)
Lucille Davis

Postby Amber Dach » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 26%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 46%

Skills for Shopping
Charm/Impress: 50% = 1d100 = 37% (to possibly get a discount or preferential treatment)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100 = 84% (trust to possibly get a discount or preferential treatment)

Constant Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

As she enters the shop, she greets all of the other GIRLS present with a brief, “Hey girls.” When she sees Jez, she makes a point of thanking her for offering to buy them all some nice clothes for their night out on the town. "Thanks doing this Jez. I really appreciate a leader that does things like this." Her attention quickly turns to clothing displays. Very nice shop, looks pricey though. I’ll have to remember after the next paycheck. That is if they have stuff that fits me.

She is immediately drawn to the racks of gowns. She starts looking through the selections. “Ohh, this is nice. I’m thinking a deep blue is the colour for me, it will kind of go with my hair. Maybe something open-backed, kinda long… it will show off my long legs and shows a little cleavage too.” She giggles a bit at that. “Maybe like this one with the sequins here. Have you got it in my size?” She awaits the sales clerk to measure her up and hopefully find something that will fit her tall, athletic frame.

While the clerk is looking for the dress she wants in her size, she wanders over to the shoe displays. “Now for the shoes. No heels for me. I’m tall enough as it is. Something without high heels, something comfortable that isn’t all ‘strappy’. I want solid but stylish. Maybe some suede lace-up ankle booties? They should be a dark blue as well.”

"
Analoy wrote:Turning to Milly, Analoy says, "I do think you'd look good in something with a shorter hem and strappy. What do you think about blue or maybe emerald green?"

Once she has found what she is looking for, she will offer her opinion to anyone that asks for assistance. "I agree with you Annie. I think the emerald green would bring out your eyes, Milly."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 102/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Amber Dach

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:56 am

Jezebel is greeted by a beautiful, even by her standards, attendant who nods and shows her to the outfitting room. Jez notices a couple other attendants move over and start preparing clothing for her as her girlfriends start trickling in. One of the clerks is taken in completely by Analoy's tattoos and demeanor so much so, she nearly forgets about the other GIRLS in the group.

Lucille is met with another clerk who brushes her comment off. "Trust me, we can help you shine tonight!" She says to Lucille with a beaming grin. Another attendant moves to Amber.

After some degree of sizing from everyone, and a layout of varying colors and styles of dresses, the GIRLS are left with an impressive ensemble of clothing, with varying colors and styles.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 36
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active
Wardrobe & Grooming 82% / 1d100 = 67
Underguard wrote:Jezebel is greeted by a beautiful, even by her standards, attendant who nods and shows her to the outfitting room. Jez notices a couple other attendants move over and start preparing clothing for her as her girlfriends start trickling in. One of the clerks is taken in completely by Analoy's tattoos and demeanor so much so, she nearly forgets about the other GIRLS in the group. Lucille is met with another clerk who brushes her comment off. "Trust me, we can help you shine tonight!" She says to Lucille with a beaming grin. Another attendant moves to Amber. After some degree of sizing from everyone, and a layout of varying colors and styles of dresses, the GIRLS are left with an impressive ensemble of clothing, with varying colors and styles.

Analoy wrote:"You two see anything that you like yet or are you gonna wait and see what the clerk offers up?"

Jez smiles a bit nostalgically as she explains her ignorance. Dear, stupid girl, but aren't you far from home. Would dad even recognize you now? "I'm a bit daft when it comes to such things. I grew up kind of like a surrogate for the son my dad always wanted." Jez communicates her disfavor to the staff with a scrunched up nose and her favor with a smile. Simple things. Simple colors. Dad always said the world was complex enough without us adding to life's perplexity. The staff eventually discovers Jez's predilection for single color pieces and simple designs, and she ends up facing down a number of dresses from which to choose.
Analoy wrote:Turning to Milly, Analoy says, "I do think you'd look good in something with a shorter hem and strappy. What do you think about blue or maybe emerald green?"
Amber Dach wrote:"I agree with you Annie. I think the emerald green would bring out your eyes, Milly."

Jez tries to distract herself by watching the others as she's between gowns. Jez squints behind his glasses and contributes, "The darker the green the better with that skin tone of hers."
Lucille Davis wrote:"Um, hey y'all. Hi Jez. Um Jez? I don't really know much about fashion, and I wouldn't know where to even start, or what something real nice like would cost. Don't suppose you could give me some pointers, on account of you being so pretty and all. I mean, ain't got no wand or device going to suddenly transmogrify this ugly duckling, but maybe something, um...well. Fashionable? Or sleek? Is sleek a word I should be using now?"

Jez smirks. I swear it's like she's from the Twilight Valley. "You didn't have a duskhound for a pet growing up, did you, Lucy?" Jez shakes her head, "Nevermind that, and nevermind not knowing fashion, hon, neither do I. You can't expect yourself or others to know everything. What you don't know and aren't good at, rely on others to know and master, then rely on them. Like the ladies here at Miranda's, so let these ladies do their jobs, and just let them know what you're not comfortable with. Nobody looks impressive when they're feeling awkward." Jez finally spots the black dress she thinks will be the one and points it out to the staff.
Amber Dach wrote:When she sees Jez, she makes a point of thanking her for offering to buy them all some nice clothes for their night out on the town. "Thanks doing this Jez. I really appreciate a leader that does things like this."

"No worries, Amber. I want GIRLS to be on the lips of everyone in town, especially those with money and power. The first step to real freedom is access to those who have such already. Notoriety and prestige are key to all that." Jez states matter-of-factly as she turns around in the long, black dress that has caught her eye.
Long Black Dress
She looks to the GIRLS present, "Whaddya think?" while gesturing for the staff to fetch the appropriate accessories for the dress.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Conditions
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Lucille Davis » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 66

Jezebel wrote:Jez smirks. I swear it's like she's from the Twilight Valley. "You didn't have a duskhound for a pet growing up, did you, Lucy?" Jez shakes her head, "Nevermind that, and nevermind not knowing fashion, hon, neither do I. You can't expect yourself or others to know everything. What you don't know and aren't good at, rely on others to know and master, then rely on them. Like the ladies here at Miranda's, so let these ladies do their jobs, and just let them know what you're not comfortable with. Nobody looks impressive when they're feeling awkward."

Duskhoud? What's a duskhoud? Not to be thrown off guard, Lucy finds herself perking right back up with Jez's words of encouragement and files 'duskhound' away for future inquiry. "Right! These ladies ain't never even seen the inside of a Battle Skimmer much less know what to do once they're all up in one. I mean, Mummu's knows, they'd probably try to put topaz where the garnets clearly go, and don't get me started on crossing titanium-diamond capacitors!" She beams. Ok, settled. You got this. She turns to the friendly attendant who tried to give her encouragement and says, "Ok, I think I'm ready. You, um, lead the way?" As she moves with the attendant through the shop, the GIRLS can hear the occasional, "Oh, well that's quite sparkly! Does it come pre-charged?", and, "Seems like a waste of a perfectly good ruby if you ask me.", and just once, "Now by Gruumsh's good eye that's going to create quite the unsightly pistol bulge."

After a bit of time, Lucy emerges in a rather shimmering number. "Well girls, it's not very practical, I mean, one could hide a whole goblin family under this train, and gods only knows where one straps a sword to it, but," she gives a spin, accentuating every last crumb of beauty she has in her lanky limbed 5'5" frame, and comes to rest face forward with surprising grace, "I think these here silver wires could shape some energy with the right mindset." She gives a big goofy grin. Mummu help me, I think I might be smiling in this impractical thing! "What do y'all think? Maybe she cleans up real nice?"

The 'Now this - this is a dress' dress
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
Lucille Davis

Postby Amber Dach » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 pm

(Rolls held over)

Underguard wrote:Jezebel is greeted by a beautiful, even by her standards, attendant who nods and shows her to the outfitting room. Jez notices a couple other attendants move over and start preparing clothing for her as her girlfriends start trickling in. One of the clerks is taken in completely by Analoy's tattoos and demeanor so much so, she nearly forgets about the other GIRLS in the group.

Lucille is met with another clerk who brushes her comment off. "Trust me, we can help you shine tonight!" She says to Lucille with a beaming grin. Another attendant moves to Amber.

After some degree of sizing from everyone, and a layout of varying colors and styles of dresses, the GIRLS are left with an impressive ensemble of clothing, with varying colors and styles.

Amber notices the clerk checking out Analoy from her vantage point across the room. Someone has an admirer. She chuckles lightly as she wanders over near her and whispers in her ear, "Seems like someone is digging your tats, Annie."

Jezebel wrote:"No worries, Amber. I want GIRLS to be on the lips of everyone in town, especially those with money and power. The first step to real freedom is access to those who have such already. Notoriety and prestige are key to all that." Jez states matter-of-factly as she turns around in the long, black dress that has caught her eye.

Amber nods, "Well there if no one notices us, they are not looking hard enough. I'm not necessarily in this for notoriety and prestige, but it doesn't hurt having some if you want to do good things in the universe."

So many nice dresses here, I don't know which to choose! I am definitely coming back here after the next job!, she thinks. She turns to the GIRLS that look more comfortable with finery. "What do you think of this one? Sparkly is good if you want to get noticed. A girl has to shine a bit to get noticed in the is town." She says with a girlish smile and a wink.

Open-Back Long Sequin Dress
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Amber Dach

Postby Megan Price » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 58/1d20 = 9
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan enters the store feeling like fish out of water. It wasn't the high class and fancy clothes that made her feel this way, but rather the fact that all of the dresses seemed to be tailored to emphasize something she lacked, femininity. It didn't help that in addition to her bionic left arm and a third of the left side of her face, she has an assortment of scars, namely on her left side, souvenirs from the explosion that took her left eye and arm.

Looking around the shop, she spots Jez easily enough, and makes her way over to her boss. "So, do you think there is any hope of making this cybernetic turd on a stick look classy?" Megan asks in a self mocking tone. After several minutes of looking at different styles of dresses, she let's out a sigh of exasperation and says "You know, it's a shame I couldn't just wear a tuxedo..."
Megan Price
Other Info
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Megan Price

Postby Jezebel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:49 am

(rolls held over)

Amber Dach wrote:She turns to the GIRLS that look more comfortable with finery. "What do you think of this one? Sparkly is good if you want to get noticed. A girl has to shine a bit to get noticed in the is town." She says with a girlish smile and a wink.

Damn, I think she's actually competition in the looks department. That's good, I suppose. While sometimes useful, seduction has never been my skill set. Wrong kinda spy. "I think I'll enjoy a modicum of anonymity with you in that dress among us." Jez announces as Amber shows herself off demurely despite her incredibly immodest dress.
Lucille Davis wrote:After a bit of time, Lucy emerges in a rather shimmering number. "Well girls, it's not very practical, I mean, one could hide a whole goblin family under this train, and gods only knows where one straps a sword to it, but," she gives a spin, accentuating every last crumb of beauty she has in her lanky limbed 5'5" frame, and comes to rest face forward with surprising grace, "I think these here silver wires could shape some energy with the right mindset." She gives a big goofy grin. "What do y'all think? Maybe she cleans up real nice?"

Jez smiles. She looks like a girl who's never played dress-up before. Look at how much fun she's having with it! "You're lovely, Lucy."
Megan Price wrote:Looking around the shop, she spots Jez easily enough, and makes her way over to her boss. "So, do you think there is any hope of making this cybernetic turd on a stick look classy?" Megan asks in a self mocking tone. After several minutes of looking at different styles of dresses, she let's out a sigh of exasperation and says "You know, it's a shame I couldn't just wear a tuxedo..."

Jez points to two of the staff then to Megan, saying to the staff, "Make her happy. I think most of the rest of us are now well taken care of."
Conditions

Gear
Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 52

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan jitters her way into the store and looks around until she realizes she's going to actually have to talk to someone. She actively tries to hide from the other GIRLS, while also getting an employee's attention.

When an employee does come up to her, she says, quietly, "I'm looking for a high-end black pantsuit and a long white coat. Like a cross between a camelhair and a labcoat?"

If it doesn't look like a labcoat, how will everyone immediately know I am a doctor?!?

Then she moves to stand behind a rack of clothes, continuing her attempt to hide from the other GIRLS members.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:41 pm

(Rolls held over)

Jezebel wrote:Damn, I think she's actually competition in the looks department. That's good, I suppose. While sometimes useful, seduction has never been my skill set. Wrong kinda spy. "I think I'll enjoy a modicum of anonymity with you in that dress among us." Jez announces as Amber shows herself off demurely despite her incredibly immodest dress.

Damn, I think I will make an impression with this dress and so will Jez. Amber bats her eyes and says shyly, "Do you really think so, Jez?" She laughs at her at her innocent act. "You are wrong there, Boss. I am sure you will be the one garnering all the attention!" As she approaches her, she says softly so only Jez can hear her, "You know, I really don't mind the attention, but I figure some of the other Girls might not be used to it, especially in a posh spot like Taste. You don’t have to be psychic to tell some of them are self-conscious dressing up like this.” She shrugs. “Maybe if they are looking at me, the other Girls won't have to worry about fitting in. And who knows, maybe they will end up having a good time and like getting dressed up from time to time. I know I don’t mind dressing up and getting into nice clothes like these.” She says as she does a little twirl. I am so coming back here after the next job for more clothes!

She continues in a normal voice. “So what is the plan from here, Boss. Are we heading back to the hangar first or going straight from here? What time are the reservations for anyways? I wouldn’t mind doing a little more shopping to accessorize if possible.” She turns her head a bit as she has a thought. "Uhm, how are we all getting there? We would certainly look out of place climbing out of the Mountaineer. I know you want to make an impression, but I don't think that is one we are going for."

Susan Lee wrote:Susan jitters her way into the store and looks around until she realizes she's going to actually have to talk to someone. She actively tries to hide from the other GIRLS, while also getting an employee's attention.

Amber gives her head a shakes her head subtly as Susan enters the store. She’s a bit of an odd one at times, isn’t she? I wonder what her deal is. She could really stand to loosen up a bit. She shrugs and goes back to looking at the rest of the racks to make a list for the next time she has some credits to burn.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Amber Dach

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 54
JIC:1d20 = 3|1d100 = 84

Jezebel wrote:She then shows Milly and Annie the text. "I'm not sure which of the bitches have phones yet or not. Either of you have other means of spreading this message?"

”I haven’t synched my tech with the group yet… A phone would be good if I am going to be working outside of my gear.” She finished with a mumble. She will turn and begin looking at this stores decidedly more appealing offering of clothing.

Analoy wrote:Analoy floats in, making it a point to keep her head level with Jezebel's. "Yup, this is a women's shop." She says at the obvious site. It even smells like a women's shop. What is that, lavender and vanilla? She hover's around the racks looking for something that stands out to her. You two see anything that you like yet or are you gonna wait and see what the clerk offers up?

Turning to Milly, Analoy says, "I do think you'd look good in something with a shorter hem and strappy. What do you think about blue or maybe emerald green?"

”I like to browse.” She says, pulling something off of a rack to look at. ”Green could be cute.” She looks Analoy from head to toe. ”You should try white. I think it would fit you.”

Millicent continues to look around the store until a clerk finally addresses the group. ”Let me see what you have in green. One and two piece formal and evening wear. From emerald to Forrest. Where are your changing rooms?” For as out of element as Millicent had been showing before, her inner girl seems to be peeking out, getting a little excited at finding a good outfit.

Jezebel wrote:
Long Black Dress
She looks to the GIRLS present, "Whaddya think?" while gesturing for the staff to fetch the appropriate accessories for the dress.

”Looks good. Gives off a ‘sleek sultress’ vibe. No leg, huh?”
Lucille Davis wrote:After a bit of time, Lucy emerges in a rather shimmering number. "Well girls, it's not very practical, I mean, one could hide a whole goblin family under this train, and gods only knows where one straps a sword to it, but," she gives a spin, accentuating every last crumb of beauty she has in her lanky limbed 5'5" frame, and comes to rest face forward with surprising grace, "I think these here silver wires could shape some energy with the right mindset." She gives a big goofy grin. Mummu help me, I think I might be smiling in this impractical thing! "What do y'all think? Maybe she cleans up real nice?"

The 'Now this - this is a dress' dress

”Oooh! I like the train!, and the shoulders! That is perfect!”
Millicent makes a point for the store to provide drinks to the girls as they begin trying on clothes. A little champagne seems appropriate for the impromptu fashion show.
Amber Dach wrote:So many nice dresses here, I don't know which to choose! I am definitely coming back here after the next job!, she thinks. She turns to the GIRLS that look more comfortable with finery. "What do you think of this one? Sparkly is good if you want to get noticed. A girl has to shine a bit to get noticed in the is town." She says with a girlish smile and a wink.

Open-Back Long Sequin Dress

sparkly ”That is sultry. I love the front slit, showing just enough leg. We need to find the right shoes for that dress. Maybe a necklace?” What the fuck are you saying girl? When have you last given fashion advice. It doesn’t matter, Its my turn!

”I have two ideas…” Millicent picks up two pieces of clothing and moves into a changing room. She comes out to model both dresses she had chosen, base don the advice of the other GIRLS.

Green Party Dress

Green Evening Dress

”So? What do think?” She seems a little uncomfortable in such clothing, obviously not that familiar with personally wearing dresses.

Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 21| 1d20+5 = 10| 1d20+5 = 6| 1d20+5 = 20| 1d20+5 = 15
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31
Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
Millicent Mayeux

Postby Analoy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Perception: 58%= 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Fly 210/90 min duration, 100 mph, Max height 4000', +1 strike/dodge, +3 dmg from HTH attacks

Amber wrote:She chuckles lightly as she wanders over near her and whispers in her ear, "Seems like someone is digging your tats, Annie."

Analoy smiles at the clerk and says to Amber, "They can be an eye catcher. Its a good thing I have some that are just there for camouflage. I'm thinking about getting a good sized piece on my back. Most people like me usually don't have anything there." She grins as the clerk comes over but still leaning toward Amber she says, "They're too hard to reach."

Analoy lets herself be taken back to the dressing area by the clerk where she left to try on a number of dresses. Coming out at one point dressed in a sheer silver gown.
dress one

She looks over and sees Lucy in a similarly colored outfit and cuts her an evil look before saying, "Bitch, silver was my color." She pauses a second, then busts out laughing, "I'm just messing around. That one looks great on you. Besides I found a deep red dress that I like better than this one."

Analoy goes back and changes again, when she comes out she overhears one of the other talking about how they are all going to get to the restaurant, "We should just hire a car for the evening. Its be a lot easier and more practical than trying to take a mission vehicle. And I know these dresses wouldn't fair that well if I powered up and flew or showed off some super speed." She floats up off the floor and twirls around in the air, "Though I would look pretty cool just drifting around and never touching the floor while I'm in a dress like this."
final dress

She looks over at the clerk and says, "Yes, this is the one I want. The high slit is nice too. I get a good range of motion and don't feel like someone tried to tie me up like I did in that silver dress." She shakes her head over at Millie, "Naw. I'm sure there's something that looks great but white makes me think of a wedding dress and that is not something I wanna try out just yet."
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:23 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 48
Barter 66% / 1d100 = 32 (Jez is gonna dicker over the price a bit)
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 82 (to aide in price negotiation)
Charm/Impress: 60% / 1d100 = 62 (to aide in price negotiation)

Susan Lee wrote:Susan jitters her way into the store and looks around until she realizes she's going to actually have to talk to someone. She actively tries to hide from the other GIRLS, while also getting an employee's attention. When an employee does come up to her, she says, quietly, "I'm looking for a high-end black pantsuit and a long white coat. Like a cross between a camelhair and a labcoat?" Then she moves to stand behind a rack of clothes, continuing her attempt to hide from the other GIRLS members.

Regardless of her state of dress, Jez's keen sense of hearing detects the doctor's entry. My reliable, nerdy second! She skips out of the changing room and into the main area to give the science nerd a quick hug. She turns to the staff on hand, "Don't let this woman bully you. She will try on at least three extraordinarily pretty, feminine, and impractical dresses before she can choose what she actually wants to wear." When she gets guff for it, Jez adds, "Not only am I the head bitch in charge, I'm also paying, and I'm also an insistent friend. So there." She'll punctuate this rebuttal/commandment by sticking her tongue out at Susan before returning to her changing room.
Amber Dach wrote:Amber bats her eyes and says shyly, "Do you really think so, Jez?" She laughs at her at her innocent act. "You are wrong there, Boss. I am sure you will be the one garnering all the attention!" As she approaches her, she says softly so only Jez can hear her, "You know, I really don't mind the attention, but I figure some of the other Girls might not be used to it, especially in a posh spot like Taste. You don’t have to be psychic to tell some of them are self-conscious dressing up like this.” She shrugs. “Maybe if they are looking at me, the other Girls won't have to worry about fitting in. And who knows, maybe they will end up having a good time and like getting dressed up from time to time. I know I don’t mind dressing up and getting into nice clothes like these.” She says as she does a little twirl.

Talking over the top of the changing room stall, Jez replies simply, "I guess we'll see."
Amber Dach wrote:She continues in a normal voice. “So what is the plan from here, Boss. Are we heading back to the hangar first or going straight from here? What time are the reservations for anyways? I wouldn’t mind doing a little more shopping to accessorize if possible.” She turns her head a bit as she has a thought. "Uhm, how are we all getting there? We would certainly look out of place climbing out of the Mountaineer. I know you want to make an impression, but I don't think that is one we are going for."

Jez's eyes bug out for a moment behind her goggles. Reservations? Frak me. "I didn't even think about making reservations. Someone give the restaurant a call and find out if they can accommodate our party tonight. Set reservations if needed." Her mind kicks over to the logistics of the matter. "I figure we'll head back to the hangar, drop our stuff off, get gussied up, then hire a limo to pick us up and take us to the restaurant. I've seen limousines in Merctown before, so I know there must be a limo service in town somewhere. We should call and make arrangements with them too. Feel free to use my phone, ladies."
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”I haven’t synched my tech with the group yet… A phone would be good if I am going to be working outside of my gear.” She finishes with a mumble. She will turn and begin looking at this stores decidedly more appealing offering of clothing.

"We'll see about getting you set up with an MTE cellphone for in town, Milly, and I've got everything set for all of us to be synced-up with the latest in secure comms for when we're in the field." She adds as she finishes getting dressed again and steps back out. See what value you really bring to the operation, too. "You can get started on reviewing our gear tomorrow morning."
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”Looks good. Gives off a ‘sleek sultress’ vibe. No leg, huh?”

Jez strides back out, "Not a lot of leg, no, but it's flexible enough for me to do a roundhouse in...though it'll give everyone quite the show if I do so." Jez flashes a mischievous smile.
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”I have two ideas…” Millicent picks up two pieces of clothing and moves into a changing room. She comes out to model both dresses she had chosen, base don the advice of the other GIRLS.

Whoa, that one leaves little to the imagination! "I'll pay for the long one, but the 'come fuck me' dress comes offa your card." Jez says, not a hint of cruelty or judgment in her tone of voice despite her choice of diction. I said I'd pay for one outfit, not a shopping trip. Nice try though. Girl's got gumption. Can't short her on that.
Analoy wrote:She looks over and sees Lucy in a similarly colored outfit and cuts her an evil look before saying, "Bitch, silver was my color." She pauses a second, then busts out laughing, "I'm just messing around. That one looks great on you. Besides I found a deep red dress that I like better than this one."

Jez laughs along with the jest, but feels compelled to comment about Annie and her dress. "Xopla be praised, but I think Annie looks incredible in red. She has Nunnos in her heart tonight it seems; on the hunt for a mate, woman?" That dress shows less than Milly's 'fuck me' dress, but is somehow even more suggestive!
Analoy wrote:Analoy goes back and changes again, when she comes out she overhears one of the other talking about how they are all going to get to the restaurant, "We should just hire a car for the evening. Its be a lot easier and more practical than trying to take a mission vehicle. And I know these dresses wouldn't fair that well if I powered up and flew or showed off some super speed." She floats up off the floor and twirls around in the air, "Though I would look pretty cool just drifting around and never touching the floor while I'm in a dress like this." She looks over at the clerk and says, "Yes, this is the one I want. The high slit is nice too. I get a good range of motion and don't feel like someone tried to tie me up like I did in that silver dress." She shakes her head over at Millie, "Naw. I'm sure there's something that looks great but white makes me think of a wedding dress and that is not something I wanna try out just yet."

Jez just lets the commentary roll over her without comment. Hmm, your words say one thing, your choice in attire says another. We'll see which is more honest.

For ease of GM work
Amber's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/06/20201006093114-1dd04f1a.png]Blue Sequined Evening Gown[/url]

Analoy's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/10/20201010123914-fb568486.png]Red Evening Gown[/url]

Jez's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/05/20201005084253-35d636a4.png]Black Evening Gown[/url]

Lucy's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/05/20201005164558-f6e40351.png]Silver Evening Gown[/url]

Milly's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/10/20201010123915-2e9de77d.png]Green Evening Gown[/url]

[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/10/20201010123917-743a6779.png]Green Party Dress[/url]

Megan's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/07/20201007091053-eeb5f22b.png]Woman's Tuxedo[/url]

Susan's
[url=http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/10/10/20201010131124-0178e418.png]Black & White Pantsuit Outfit[/url]
Conditions

Gear
Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 pm

[Rolls Held]

Analoy gives Jez a quirky expression, "You forget I'm used to running around in a sports bra and mini-skirt. Being able to cover up is something new for me. I've been trying to get used to being able to wear more but even this dress still feels, well, bulky." She gives a little laugh and looks over at the clerk's. I hope they don't take offense but they really don't know my situation. And they certainly don't know that any standard material is basically a tear away dress if things get into combat mode. Which they better not, or else that lace top is gotta be a bit more than revealing.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:58 pm

ROLLS HELD

Jezebel wrote:Regardless of her state of dress, Jez's keen sense of hearing detects the doctor's entry. My reliable, nerdy second! She skips out of the changing room and into the main area to give the science nerd a quick hug. She turns to the staff on hand, "Don't let this woman bully you. She will try on at least three extraordinarily pretty, feminine, and impractical dresses before she can choose what she actually wants to wear." When she gets guff for it, Jez adds, "Not only am I the head bitch in charge, I'm also paying, and I'm also an insistent friend. So there." She'll punctuate this rebuttal/commandment by sticking her tongue out at Susan before returning to her changing room.

Susan hugs Jezebel back and initially attempts to argue with her, before being cut off. She gives a small bow at Jezebel's order. "You're paying and that makes it fair."

As soon as Jez leaves, Susan selects four dresses to try on. This is fully 33% more than she requires...

Susan then goes into the dressing room and tries on the dresses without ever exiting, while also calling the restaurant on her cellphone, jacking in. Sleeveless dresses mean never having to worry about dislodging your connection!

She makes reservations for the team, which is audible from anywhere nearby, even offering a bribe if the restaurant is reluctant to handle the last-minute party.
Conditions
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucille Davis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 am

**rolls held**

Lucy tries to follow the back and forth between the different girls and the different dress and ... well it's all just a bit much. A shimmering purple: "Oh that's nice..." A green frill: "I guess that's architectural?" Some crimson lace: "I mean, wow, I think we can see your..." Unsure of what any of it means she pulls back for a moment. There's something so much simpler to a functional machine, pair nut with bolt, wire with gem, piston with cylinder, than trying to match colors to textures to skin tones.

After Analoy gives up on silver, she finds herself just grateful she doesn't need to make any further wardrobe decisions.

May this be the last time I have to see the inside of this thrice cursed, textile-dyed, hemmed and cinched, frivolous and shallow excuse of a place to waste a woman's hard earned credit, she thinks, knowing from looking around at the joy on the other girl's faces that it will not be. She looks again at her dress hanging and awaiting purchase and discovers a smile has creeped up on her. Ok fine. Maybe it's not all bad.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
Lucille Davis

Postby Underguard » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 pm

While the GIRLS converse and shop together, slowly but surely almost everyone trinkles in and nearly dominates the shop of finer women's wear. After what must feel like hours perusing through various dresses, Jez, Lucille, Amber, Millicent, Analoy all find exceptional dresses that suit their requirements. Even the doctor Susan and tomboy Megan manage to find suitable attire.

The attendants are equally as impressed as they are relieved that all seven members of GIRLS were able to find something, though the attendants had to dig out a more masculine suit for Megan that still complimented her looks.

The tallying clerk retains a running tab, and each outfit averages 400-500 credits, which is mere chump change after the score the team just made. Tallying it all up, the total comes out to be 3,350 credits for all the outfits, which is likely one of the highest a single paying customer has spent, even if it was for a group, that the shop has seen in awhile.

The day seems to have nearly vanished as it is now a quarter to five in the afternoon, giving the GIRLS plenty of time to return to the hanger, sort through their new outfits and set up reservations for their dinner party.

I used real-world prices for high-profile party dresses and tuxedos, and just flipped them to credits. If you really want to try haggling you are welcome too but otherwise you're free to move on.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 85
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn

With a smile and a wave at the staff, Jez, now back in her fatigues, spins on the heel of one boot, and heads for her Hornet, her shopping bag in hand. Well, we still have plenty to do this night, Atlas give me strength, so we've no time to waste. She calls back to the GIRLS, "Once we've got our stuff socked away, make sure our deliveries from earlier are properly stowed and secured, we can get all fancy-like and head to that restaurant. See ya back at the hangar!" She then slips out of the shop, hops on her Hornet, and drives home.

(to the GIRLS HQ)
Conditions

Gear
Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Amber Dach » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 1%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 18%

Constant Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Jezebel wrote:She calls back to the GIRLS, "Once we've got our stuff socked away, make sure our deliveries from earlier are properly stowed and secured, we can get all fancy-like and head to that restaurant. See ya back at the hangar!" She then slips out of the shop, hops on her Hornet, and drives home.

Amber nods as she replies, “Sounds good, Boss. I’m heading back now too.” Amber grabs her bag containing her sexy new dress and heads towards the door. She pauses before exiting and smiles at the staff. “Thank-you for the wonderful shopping experience, ladies. I’ll be sure to return again in the near future!” I can’t wait to get this dress on and turn some heads!

(To the GIRLS HQ)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Amber Dach

Postby Analoy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:39 pm

Perception: 58%= 1d100 = 88
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 38

Conditions:

Analoy feels the flight tattoo expire while she's trying on the dresses and conversing with the other GIRLS. I almost want to use that again tonight, so I can float into the restaurant and draw more looks our way but those heels will do the trick nicely too.

Back in her, more or less, fatigues, Analoy smiles and waves to the attendants as she makes her way out and back to the GIRLS hanger, "Thanks for all your help today. If anybody asks, I'll make sure to tell them just where I got the dress from and who helped me pick it out."
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucille Davis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 4

Oblivious to cost, Lucy delicately lifts the bag with her silver dress in it as if it were one of her first delicately hotwired diamond batteries that had a tendency to explore if handled too roughly. Ok now, let's not crumple this thing before the night even gets started, she worries to herself.

Hearing the other girls thanking the staff breaks her concentration away from the potential-to-explode dress bag. "Oh yes, um... Thank you? I mean, it's been an experience." She sighs and prays that came off polite enough to count. "Be seeing you?" she says on the way out, her tone indicating less certainty. Who knew fabric could create such drama?

(To the GIRLS HQ)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
Lucille Davis

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 am

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 62
JIC:1d20 = 5|1d100 = 42

Jezebel wrote:"I'll pay for the long one, but the 'come fuck me' dress comes offa your card." Jez says, not a hint of cruelty or judgment in her tone of voice despite her choice of diction. I said I'd pay for one outfit, not a shopping trip. Nice try though. Girl's got gumption. Can't short her on that.

Slightly relieved that the evening dress was the one being chosen by her boss, Millicent still eyes the smaller piece, deciding if she wants it enough to actually pay for it. I would never wear it anywhere. I’m always in coveralls or power armor. Fuck girl, you don’t even know how to put makeup on to match a dress like that. I still want it. Millicent ends up squirreling the dress away, hoping the others don’t notice, planning to pay for it herself.*Millicent will pay for the dress with money from her joining fee.

"This place is amazing! Thank you, Ill be back!"You really just said that? bougey bitch. Millicent thanks the staff of the store and makes her way out of MercTown proper, back to Girls HQ

Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 9| 1d20+5 = 13| 1d20+5 = 24| 1d20+5 = 13| 1d20+5 = 9
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31
Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
Millicent Mayeux

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:44 pm

ROLLS HELD

To whoever is helping her, Susan says, "Thank you, this has been a very pleasant experience and I greatly look forward to wearing these clothes."

Susan almost just asks the staff to take the tags off and goes directly to the restaurant, but realizes she has other items to drop off and goes back to the Hangarwith the rest of the team, trying to ensure she gets a door seat in someone else's ride.
Conditions
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Megan Price » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 62/1d20 = 6
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan finally gets dressed in what she was wearing when she came in, all measurements taken and adjustments needing to be made have marked. She's just glad she was able to get out of here without trying on any dresses. There was a time when the thought of wearing a dress wasn't quite so abhorrent, back before her brother was kidnapped. Before she even realizes what she's doing, she remembers the last time she had worn a dress. It was the week before Charlie had been abducted. She was wearing a mini-skirt that she got for her 17th birthday not long before when a human-ish looking male took notice of her and began to cat call her. She looked at him, rolled her eyes and went on her way. She's unlocking the door in the back alley of her uncle's apartment when the guy from before pins her to the wall, trying to work her legs apart. Megan had screamed in surprise before he clamped a hand over her mouth. A few moments go by before she stomps on the top of one of his feet, causing him to back off of her for a second, but also enraging him to the point where he decided to draw a vibro-knife on her, but before he had a chance to use it, they were both surprised when the upper half of his arm holding the weapon turn to ash as it was hit by laser pistol from her uncle's spare sidearm he keeps at home. Her eyes track up and she sees her brother, Charlie, holding the Wilk's laser pistol from the second story window. A week later, Charlie disappears and since that time, she always wondered if the two incidents were related, but she never told anyone about that day.

Deciding to head back, she tells the group "I'm heading back to HQ. If anyone needs me for anything, you'll know how contact me." She then goes to G.I.R.L.S. HQ
Megan Price
Other Info
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Megan Price

Return to The Spokes