Starbright Jewelers (60)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Starbright Jewelers (60)

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:17 am

A store that deals in just about everything that sparkles, glitters or shines. The place sells silver, gold, and platinum rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, earrings and even fancy eyeglass frames. Its inventory is a treasure trove of gold, silver, diamonds and other precious stones. The resident jeweler, Franklin Merrindale (7th level Merchant/Jeweler), also repairs, resizes and cleans jewelry and damaged watches. Prices are high, but the merchandise is all excellent quality; no fakes, forgeries or artificial stones. Getting a piece of jewelry appraised costs 10 credits per item, unless the individual is looking to trade or sell the item(s) to the shop. With literally several million credits' worth of jewelry on display, the Starbright is an obvious target for robbery and thus, security is high. Customers are forced to undergo a sensor scan in the store 's foyer and must disarm before entering the store, no exceptions.

MOD INFO: The store has infrared cameras, motion sensors and a high-tech vault (500 M.D.C. and imposes a -20% penalty to Safe Cracking skill). And there is always a squad of six armed security guards on duty at all times - two retired mere soldiers (8-10th level), a full conversion, heavy cyborg (5-7th level), a psychic Zapper (5-8th level), a Dog Boy (3-5th level), and a Mind Melter (3-4th level), plus a pair of Triax Dyna-Bots hidden in reserve.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Re: Starbright Jewelers (60)

Postby Barracuda » Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 13

Barracuda walks up to the security check point and smiles at the person scanning him. "Wow, they must really want what you've got in here!" If/when he passes the scan, Barracuda will take a few minutes to marvel at the jewels surrounding him. These are even better than what mom had in her crown! I've never seen anything like this before! If he sees an amethyst in a ring, he'll stop and check out the price. Once he's had his fill, he asks the clerk "Excuse me, I have a very important heirloom pendant that I'd like secured on the strongest chain you have." If there is a display of necklace chains, he'll point at the wheat chain and the round snake chain. "Something in one of those styles if you've got em?" He brings out his Mako Shark's Tooth Necklace and places it on the counter for them.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat May 23, 2015 12:13 pm

The attendant nods along as Barracuda speaks. "Certainly, sir. We can even custom design on order. You said 'the strongest chain you have,' so I take it you're in the market for military-grade materials as well?"
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Barracuda » Mon May 25, 2015 5:14 pm

(rolls held over)

Barracuda's eyes light up at the mention of the ultra-durable materials being talked about. "Military grade? Oh yeah, now we're talking. I want to make sure this thing never falls off my neck again. What've we got?" Barracuda patiently waits for the attendant to grab the samples for viewing.
Barracuda

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

The attendant smiles. "Same type of material used by Northern Gun Industries in the construction of the endoskeletal frames of their war machines; it's a very, sturdy, durable material, and does not tarnish either. For a mere two thousand credits we can ensure that your keepsake has such a pendant setting and chain. Will that work for you?"
Augur
Admin

Postby Barracuda » Sun May 31, 2015 11:35 am

(rolls held over)

"That works just fine for me. Here's my card." Barracuda hands over his Non-Secure Universal Card to be charged. We won't ever have to deal with a problem like last night again.
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:22 am

The attendant cashes out 'Cuda, has him wait for a while, and while he waits a short, wizened old man with heavy spectacles affixes his shark tooth to a pendant chain and placement made of the same sturdy, but attractive alloy. After about a half hour, the attendant returns the pendant/tooth and chain to 'Cuda and swipes his card. He wishes 'Cuda well, and bids him good day.

(Transaction complete and sheet updated.)
Augur
Admin

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:09 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 20

Barracuda slips the new necklace on and is relieved by the relatively light weight and strength of the chain. He waves to the jeweler on his way out and heads to The Arms Bazaar to find some weapons for himself.

((Arms of Yore))
Barracuda

Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Spokes