Grapevine (64)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Grapevine (64)

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Image

A trendy, popular after work cocktail bar opened by a competitor of Boris Oharovich, one of his prize students, Malcolm Stem. It serves a wide variety of mixed drinks, imported beers and wine. The kitchen offers a limited selection of appetizers and salads. Most of the crowd consists of professionals or business types, and the prices reflect that with drinks and appetizers costing 5-15 credits each.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:38 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 17 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious]

Personal ISP: 181/181

Lahz arrives at the Grapevine around 6:30 with Ray in tow and stops just inside the door to the Restaurant, "Find yourself a corner and stay out of the way. You will not initiate combat unless I am attacked."

He then leaves Ray and heads over to the Bar, to order up, "One Old Fashioned please, and I dunno some breadsticks or whatever till my date gets here."
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Lhaz finds himself waiting around for the better half of "too-long". .. at least if this were any other establishment. The Grapevine wasn't a place you got dissatisfied in or you could find yourself blacklisted form every swanky joint in respectable MercTown.

Eventually a hostess acknowledges Lhaz and immediately, yet in great fashion, prepares his drink of choice.

Image

"One old-fashioned, Sir. Just the drink, heaven forbid the chic." She proceeds to laugh in a very haughty manner. Stern and poised she stands ready to attend to any future needs, or small talk that might be directed her way.

"We have a toasted artisan ciabatta brazed with vinaigrette, sprinkled with premium goat curds, and dusted with a signature blend of exotic spices we obtain from the Naruini. I'll bring you an order while you wait."

True to her word, she brings, essentially, what happens to be exorbitantly overpriced bread sticks.

"Will that be all, Sir? I can't imagine anyone would stand you up for too long."

You're not sure if she's being genuine, or sarcastic, but you get the feeling this isn't quite the place people get stood-up. Certainly taken advantage of, but not stood-up.
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Jezebel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 10

Conditions: +1 to the P.B. attribute and +2% to Seduction skill for 48 hours.
--Unless it's plenty dark, Jez is wearing her goggles. Anything over 60 watts is painfully bright.

Jezebel saunters into the cocktail bar wearing a black trench coat. Once inside the foyer, she doffs the trench to reveal the little black strapless dress she's wearing underneath. At her right ankle is a holstered NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver. Once she spots Lahz, she'll smile and slink her way slowly across the floor to his table. She soaks in the atmosphere and decor of the place as she makes her way there. Classy, clean, yet still kind of cozy...intimate even. Jez nods appreciatively. This is a damned sight better than the Crow's Nest on its best night. Sidling up to the table behind Lahz's attendant, Jez pipes up. "Too late, dear. I'm afraid he's taken for the night." Jez is mindful of the way she sits down, taking painfully obvious care to do so in a feminine manner that would not offend anyone's sense of propriety. "Well, sister, since you're here, tell the bartender to keep a bottle of his best bourbon chilled and ready. I'll start with a revolver and a good, hearty salad. Tell the chef I'm a hungry girl who needs her vitamins; he can decide or design it himself, I'm not picky." She looks to Lahz innocently. "You're paying right? She holds the look just long enough to see his reaction before winking and smiling. "Just kidding, hon. I've no shortage of credits. So, did I clean-up well enough from earlier today?"

OOC: Upgraded that image of the hostess. ;)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:40 pm

OOC: Is Jez wearing her Goggles/Special Glasses? With a perception of 6 I don't think he'll catch the Ankle Holster this round ... but for next time Ankle Holster with Boots or Heels?

Perception [+2]:  1d20+2 = 6 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines] 
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 62

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Flattered/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Guilty] 

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 84

Personal ISP: 181/181 

Lahz's wedding ring taps softly on the side of his glass as he waits for the Mystery-girl from before. His eyes widen and water as he nearly chokes (and definitely coughs) on a sip from his drink as he catches sight of alot more of Jezebel than he'd expected. In melodic Elven the Psi-Tech responds, "By the Stars Miss ... you look spectacular. I mean ... well I haven't been on a date in almost 20 years so pardon my lack of ... Wow! ..."

The Elf trails off at the (likely) realization that his date cannot understand him and he hangs his head to face-palm as he shifts to American, "That is to say Miss, you look beautiful. I mean stunning. I mean I feel quite lucky to be with you. I'm not too worried about dinner I can handle to put it on a tab or send Ray to get cash or ... Out of curiosity, how many are we? I was not sure ... Maybe I should start over. Hi. I'm Lahz. What's your name? ..."

OOC: You invited via Group-Text so it's semi-clear others are coming .... no idea how many. It's why I sent Lahz to the Bar instead of asking for a table.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Jezebel » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 44
Language: American ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 84

Conditions: +1 to the P.B. attribute and +2% to Seduction skill for 48 hours.
--Unless it's plenty dark, Jez is wearing her goggles. Anything over 60 watts is painfully bright.

Lahz wrote:OOC: Is Jez wearing her Goggles/Special Glasses? With a perception of 6 I don't think he'll catch the Ankle Holster this round ... but for next time Ankle Holster with Boots or Heels?

OOC: Heels, of course. It's a full outfit, and one just doesn't wear boots with a dress unless one is trying to make a political statement. ;)
Lahz wrote:The Elf trails off at the (likely) realization that his date cannot understand him and he hangs his head to face-palm as he shifts to American, "That is to say, Miss, you look beautiful. I mean stunning. I mean I feel quite lucky to be with you. I'm not too worried about dinner I can handle to put it on a tab or send Ray to get cash or. Out of curiosity, how many are we? I was not sure. Maybe I should start over. Hi. I'm Lahz. What's your name?"

Painfully oblivious to the wedding ring, and ignorant of that custom anyway, Jez tries to maintain an erect posture at the bar to demonstrate her civility. "The name is Jezebel, Lahz, and I think we should eventually have a few more heads along, though not so many as to make this anything but a small, intimate gathering." She notices his ears. "Say, unmodified humans don't have ears like those. You another race, or are those cybernetic?" Her nose visibly wrinkles at this last word as if just uttering it was akin to having something disgusting nestled under her tongue. Come on, guys. Other than Greasy, I know you folks no better than I do Lahz here. What was I thinking anyway? Asking some strange guy out on a date...and then asking my teammates of all people to crash the date? Jez, girl, that's got frakked in the head written all over it. With an adroit motion of her left hand, Jez re-sends the previous text to the members of E.I. while she taps out a beat on the surface of the bar with the fingers of her right hand.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 7 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines] 
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Flattered/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Guilty] 

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 99

Personal ISP: 181/181 

Lahz offers a sort of half-smile, "You have sharp eyes under that visor. Most folks can't even tell ... I guess leaving the hint of a point makes the whole exercise pointless. My late wife always said that getting them rounded like a human was discarding my heritage but I was trying to be pragmatic ... that is to say I'm a D-bee, an Elf which can be hazardous to your health in other areas ... So I guess my ears are neither cybernetic or strictly natural. I am new in Town. I've never been to this restaurant before, is there something we should make sure to sample? ..."
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 7 | 1d100 = 58

Barric walks into Grapevine adjusting his robes slightly. Haven’t put these on in quite some time. Awkwardly poking at his bone-laden hide, Barric frowns slighty. The road has not been kind to my physique. I wonder if this city offers any Health Clubs…. Seeing Jez in the restaurant, Barric shakes the idea from his mind and saunters forward. Noticing Jez’s Elf companion, Barric produces a thin smile. Their body language suggest something a bit less than professional. Good for her. The Tokanii approaches the duo to make his introduction, but doesn’t want to interrupt. Good evening, Barric smiles at the two, “Jez, you look stunning. And sir...I apologize, I don’t believe we’ve met. My name is Barric Darkwind, its a pleasure to meet you.” Extending a massive clawed paw towards the Elf, Barric bows slightly, “If you’ll excuse me for a moment, I do believe the bar is calling my name.” With that, Barric bows once more and turns to face the bartender. Once he catches the man’s attention, the Tokanii will order two Tokanii sized fingers of top shelf scotch. Paying for the drink, Barric will turn back to face the bar. I can’t even recall the last time I was in a bar, let alone such as swanky as this. Let’s hope I don’t make too much of a fool of myself.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:21 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines] 
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Flattered/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Guilty] 

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 35

Personal ISP: 181/181 

Lahz offers a thoughtful look at Barric for a moment when the Large D-bee introduces himself,  "Well now that is a bit surprising. A Tokanni. Are you in town to visit family? ... I have an old friend of your descent. He's been leading the Spook Squad for some time ... " The Psi-Tech doesn't volunteer that Sir Thorn was a Cyberknight or had recently departed to return to the Pecos Empire. Instead he shakes 1 of Barric's fingers (the size of his own shoulder) and lets the fellow excuse himself to grab a drink.

Returning his attention to his Date, the Elf grins, "Interesting to see one of those fellows this far North. What's brought you to town Jezebel? Or are you a local?"

OOC: Sorry Jez I keep waiting to notice the Ankle Holster part of the outfit, but Perception is not cooperating.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Maximilian IV » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Perceoption: 1d20+2 = 9
J.I.C.: 1d20 = 13|1d100 = 44

Max shambles into the swanky night palace, dressed pretty much like he just wandered out of a cleanroom, wearing a vivid workers smock - work goggles dangle around his neck, as though a permanent fixture, both on and off work.

This looks a bit. . . gratuitous.

A contorted look, something of an amalgamation between emotional constipation and a general lack of interest, is stretched across his face as he searches for his boss-lady, and her plus one. The dim lighting doesn't necessarily help, nor the dressed up nature of his targets, but he eventually spots the proverbial Tokanni in a china shop before too long.

Dodging his way through the ambient crowd Max scampers over to the bar and extends his greetings, focusing on Lhaz. For those not familiar with the dinky dog, he has a bit of a thick accent (think scooby-doo). "Rrrough, pleased to make your acquaintance." Holding out a hand to greet the elf, Max nods to the rest of the team. "Boss, Barric."

Hopping up to the bar, Max scoots himself closer to the counter and waits for the appetizers to arrive - contorting his face in a rather unsubtle look of pure disgust, he stares in horror as Jez actually eats the salad she ordered.

Wide-eyed he gestures towards the nearest server, requesting the largest steak on the premises - accompanied by a crisp glass of premium dairy. Gesturing with his hands, he suggests something about shoulder width.

"Ma'am, a prime slab, rare; a glass of cream as well, if you please."

Unawares to any surprise at his choice, Max acts as though his order is perfectly mundane. Swinging his feet from atop the bar-stool, Max doodles with his fingers as the others talk. Chiming in with work-talk when he gets an opening.

"Any luck finding a temporary base? I negotiated a job with the local NG warehouse, maybe they'd let us borrow some garage space for repairs."
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Jezebel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 pm

(rolls carried over)

Lahz wrote:"You have sharp eyes under that visor. Most folks can't even tell. I guess leaving the hint of a point makes the whole exercise pointless. My late wife always said that getting them rounded like a human was discarding my heritage but I was trying to be pragmatic. that is to say I'm a D-bee, an Elf which can be hazardous to your health in other areas. So I guess my ears are neither cybernetic or strictly natural. I am new in Town. I've never been to this restaurant before, is there something we should make sure to sample?"

"Wow. That's a lot to take in." Jez's lips purse in what might be construed as a playful smile, a smirk, or sincere consideration badly expressed. "So, you're a widower, and an Elf posing as a human? Huh, well, I suppose that could be practical if your race is hated. As to the restaurant...I saw it in a brochure recently. I suggest we ask for the staff's recommendations."

Jez requests of the staff that the lights be dimmed in their section of the restaurant. Thirty or forty watts, at most, would be acceptable to create the atmosphere desired. Once the staff accommodates her minor request, she doffs her goggles. The irises of her eyes are a bright primary red in color.

Barric Darkwind wrote:“Jez, you look stunning. And sir...I apologize, I don’t believe we’ve met. My name is Barric Darkwind, its a pleasure to meet you.”

"Thanks, Barric. Is that compliment in comparison to a woman of your own species, or in comparison to other, similar humanoids?" Jez winks at him and laughs lightly. She tosses back half her drink in a gulp. Oh gods, it's been a long time since I was able to let my hair down and relax. She looks around and notices that Domingo still had not arrived. Did he not get my message? Her smile noticeably fades a bit.

Lahz wrote:Returning his attention to his Date, the Elf grins, "What's brought you to town Jezebel? Or are you a local?"

"What brought me here? Some crazy shit in space. Some folks have guessed at it. Dimensional vortex, dimensional siphon, wormhole, I've heard a bunch of theories...all of them over my head and outside my expertise. I'm definitely not local. Odds are I'm the only one of my race in this planet. What about you? Are elves native to this world?"

Maximilian IV wrote:Holding out a hand to greet the elf, Max nods to the rest of the team. "Boss, Barric." Hopping up to the bar, Max scoots himself closer to the counter and waits for the appetizers to arrive - contorting his face in a rather unsubtle look of pure disgust, he stares in horror as Jez actually eats the salad she ordered.

Jez stares not at first recognizing or remembering the canine. Oh yeah, the dog-mechanic. Weird, but whatever. This world is full of weird. "Max, right? Hey, if you want the steak raw, just ask. I'll bet they're accustomed to even stranger orders on occasion; there's no shortage of D-bees in this town, after all." Oh hells, he's likely a carnivore, right? She purposely takes a gi-frakking-normous forkful of the mixed greens and crams them in her mouth while keeping her eyes locked with his. her eyes dance in wicked, humorous delight. "Mmm, mmm!" She mouths exaggeratedly around a mouthful of salad.

Maximilian IV wrote:"Any luck finding a temporary base? I negotiated a job with the local NG warehouse, maybe they'd let us borrow some garage space for repairs."

Jez finishes chewing before she answers. She wipes her mouth with a napkin, takes a sip of her drink (and flags down the waiter for bar service), and then says. "Max, I honestly haven't done anything today but buy, sell, and get treated like a lady. Perhaps tomorrow we can scout out some potential sites? I'm willing to bet that either the Warrens or Dockside would be the most affordable neighborhoods as they're pretty poor. Maybe even outside of town a bit...we could look into that as well. Anyone have other ideas related to this?"

When she finally locks eyes with the bartender, she calls to him "Bartender! En runda av drycker för mig och mina vänner!"* After a moment's pause and a fierce blush, she catches herself and switches to American to repeat the same. "Bartender! A round of drinks for me and my friends!"

*Spoken in Imperial Trade Tongue
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:17 pm

((Rolls held))

Lahz wrote: "Well now that is a bit surprising. A Tokanni. Are you in town to visit family? ... I have an old friend of your descent. He's been leading the Spook Squad for some time ... "


Barric cocks his head to the side at the mention of another Tokanii, “Er, no...no I’m here on business. I fall under Jez’s unit...or at least I did...it’s all quite confusing you see….” Realizing that his train of thought is derailing quickly, Barric changes topics, “Another Tokanii you say? It’s been quite some time since I’ve seen one of my own. What clan is he from?”

Max wrote:"Boss, Barric."


“Max,” Barric returns as a wide smile crosses his face. The Mutant Poodle entertained him, plus it was nice to not be a third wheel are the other two.

Jez wrote:"Thanks, Barric. Is that compliment in comparison to a woman of your own species, or in comparison to other, similar humanoids?"


Barric laughs as well, “Ha! No, certainly a compliment towards your beauty. Although there is nothing like a good strong Tokanii woman, Jez. You humanoids do your best, but you can never quite capture the beauty of we Tokanii….” The latter is said with his voice trailing off as Barric stares off at nothing, clearly reminiscing about his home. “No matter! Stories for another time. Tonight we eat and drink!” Turning back to the bartender, Barric overhears Max’s order and decides he’d like something similar, “Ma’am, that steak he ordered sounded phenomenal. I’ll take five, please. Rare, very rare.” .
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lt Fuller » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Jezebel wrote:"Well, sister, since you're here, tell the bartender to keep a bottle of his best bourbon chilled and ready. I'll start with a revolver and a good, hearty salad. Tell the chef I'm a hungry girl who needs her vitamins; he can decide or design it himself, I'm not picky." She looks to Lahz innocently. "You're paying right? She holds the look just long enough to see his reaction before winking and smiling. "Just kidding, hon. I've no shortage of credits. So, did I clean-up well enough from earlier today?"


As Jezebel sits down at the table, the server manages to maintain her professional façade but a barely perceptible flash of annoyance registers for a brief moment as she takes in Jezebel and her outfit. Her server's mask is back up instantly as she nods with a huge smile, "That's a chef's choice salad and one cocktail. Right away ma'am. "

Before too long the server returns with Jezebel's drink and a plate with something resembling a salad. The blue rectangular plate is filled with what looks like little ships with halved cucumbers as the base, toothpicks for the mast, and a triangular piece of salmon as a flag. On the base of the cucumber rests the salad mixture including walnuts and pecans. The server smiles and addresses Jezebel, "Sorry, I think this is his favorite one to make. Boys stay boys forever I guess." She lets out a little laugh and adds, "So will this be one bill or separate?"


Barric Darkwind wrote:the Tokanii will order two Tokanii sized fingers of top shelf scotch. Paying for the drink, Barric will turn back to face the bar.


A young human looking bartender steps up to help Barric right away.
Image

He doesn't seem phased by the Tokanii's appearce or general size. He smiles at the mention of Tokanii fingers as the measurement and turns back to the array of bottles. Pulling one down he pours a generous amount and says, "This is some of the good stuff. It's a little more expensive than our typical drinks but it's worth it." After Barric has his first drink the bartender asks, "Should I start you a tab?"

Maximilian IV wrote:"Ma'am, a prime slab, rare; a glass of cream as well, if you please."


The server is quick to note Max's order and turns back to the kitchen with a, "I'll get that out to you immediately." Returning a few minutes later with his order she slides it onto the table with a smile, "Is there anything else I can do for any of you?"

Jezebel wrote:Jez requests of the staff that the lights be dimmed in their section of the restaurant.



"Absolutely miss, that won't be a problem."


Jezebel wrote: When she finally locks eyes with the bartender, she calls to him "Bartender! En runda av drycker för mig och mina vänner!"* After a moment's pause and a fierce blush, she catches herself and switches to American to repeat the same. "Bartender! A round of drinks for me and my friends!"


The bartender responds quickly by pulling out a set of glasses and beginning to pour. The server returns from lowering the lights with the table of drinks just in time for Barric to realize he was now hungry as well.
Barric Darkwind wrote: “Ma’am, that steak he ordered sounded phenomenal. I’ll take five, please. Rare, very rare.” .


"Five steaks, yes sir. I'll have them brought out right away." Before leaving she adds, "Is there anything else I can get for any of you?"
Charged particle weapons cause cancer.
User avatar
Lt Fuller
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 am
Location: AGM: MARS

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 6 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 21

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/Flattered/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Guilty]

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 33

ISP: 179/181

Lahz chuckles at Jez's summary, "Well we can't all be Tokanni Cyberknights. Elves are not native to this world, but my family has been here for 300 years or so now. I think we're more native than the dinosaurs roaming the plains south of here ... I prefer to view the ruse as not waving a hand to help the Sniper target me hehehe ... At least not unless I am ensconced in a heavily armored Power Armor." Lahz catches sight of her Garnet colored eyes and falls briefly mute, "Well now those are a sight ... and natural as well."

**Diamonds may not be the way to go for that one ... Rubies, or maybe pearls for contrast. She's all natural too because I would sense any implants ... unless she's got like transplants, nah seems unlikely.** Since Jez's comrades seem to be leaping straight in, Lahz figures, **Ok, whatever kind of event this is, it doesn't look like we're waiting on a private room or for anyone else to arrive before we order** and grabs up a menu to review while the other 3 discuss finding some kind of location.

He turns briefly to Barric and searches his early memories from when he'd first met Sir Roth's freakish D-bee squire [-2 ISP, Total Recall], "Sir Thorn was of the ... Ronii tribe I believe." Lahz greets the mutant dog making his 'acquaintance' although he's a bit unsure if he missed this guy's name until Jez names him as Max. The Elf ponders the menu as the server makes her round of the table, <<cough>> "Sure. I'd like <<Picks something something in the Pasta style>> thanks very much"
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Domingo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Perception 1d20+5 = 11
JIC 1d100 = 64, 1d20 = 10


Domingo arrives at the Grapevine with Melanie, the realtor, at his side. He is a bit late for sure, but he is rather distracted by his current thoughts to really dwell on it too much.

When approached by the hostess, he will mention " I'm meeting some friends here, they should be expecting me. " Should the hostess not be expecting him, then he will give the her the name Jez... assuming she would probably have already become familiar with his friend.

As he approaches the table he can't help but notice Jez in her stunning outfit, he can't help but crack a smile. She always cleans up so well, it's amazing to think she is hard as nails when she just looks so... He leaves the thought floating in his mind when he notices someone he does not recognize. He is not sure what to think about the newcomer, well, well... it is not hard to believe that she would have drawn someone's interests, but how do I feel about this. We are just friends after all, no reason to get jealous. But, Domingo can't help but feel some small pain... He shrugs it off and walks up to the table with a smile on his face.

He clears his throat and begins to speak, " Excuse me if I'm crashing the party. My prior arrangement had me tied up, mi amigos. I hope you have not been waiting too long." He will make a gesture towards the girl on his side, " Let me introduce my new friend, Melanie. She has been showing me around and I figured it would only be right to invite her along to dinner." He will glance back towards Jez, watching her expression... does she appear to care, should she care...? He then pulls out a seat for Melanie to join the table, before taking a seat himself.

When the waiter returns he will let Melanie order her drink first, then will order a whiskey double on the rocks for himself. If asked about what he would like to order for dinner, he will ask for the waiters recommendation and go with that. After getting that out of the way, he will turn back to the others.

" So how much have I missed, anything promising for us to discuss?" Depending on the conversation topic, he will decide at some point to introduce what he is working on. He will let them know that he is looking to purchase a private residence in Merctown. " I don't have any plans to make this a base of any type, though I will welcome any of you to visit. I would just like to have a place to get away from it all at times. I am looking for a place to enjoy a fine drink, maybe collect some artwork," he gives a look towards Melanie. " Maybe a place for me to spend some time with friends."

Looking back to the others, " I have not completely decided yet, but I did go and look at three places tonight that are promising. One of which I really like and plan to begin negotiations to buy if I can get the time to do so. I would like to ask that we stay in Merctown long enough for me to secure this deal, after which we can move on to our next endeavor."
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 am

(rolls carried over)

Domingo wrote:When approached by the hostess, he will mention " I'm meeting some friends here, they should be expecting me. " Should the hostess not be expecting him, then he will give the her the name Jez... assuming she would probably have already become familiar with his friend.

As he approaches the table he can't help but notice Jez in her stunning outfit, he can't help but crack a smile. She always cleans up so well, it's amazing to think she is hard as nails when she just looks so... He leaves the thought floating in his mind when he notices someone he does not recognize. He is not sure what to think about the newcomer, well, well... it is not hard to believe that she would have drawn someone's interests, but how do I feel about this. We are just friends after all, no reason to get jealous. But, Domingo can't help but feel some small pain... He shrugs it off and walks up to the table with a smile on his face.

He clears his throat and begins to speak, "Excuse me if I'm crashing the party. My prior arrangement had me tied up, mi amigos. I hope you have not been waiting too long. Let me introduce my new friend, Melanie. She has been showing me around and I figured it would only be right to invite her along to dinner."

" So how much have I missed, anything promising for us to discuss?" Depending on the conversation topic, he will decide at some point to introduce what he is working on. He will let them know that he is looking to purchase a private residence in Merctown. "I don't have any plans to make this a base of any type, though I will welcome any of you to visit. I would just like to have a place to get away from it all at times. I am looking for a place to enjoy a fine drink, maybe collect some artwork," he gives a look towards Melanie. " Maybe a place for me to spend some time with friends." Looking back to the others, " I have not completely decided yet, but I did go and look at three places tonight that are promising. One of which I really like and plan to begin negotiations to buy if I can get the time to do so. I would like to ask that we stay in Merctown long enough for me to secure this deal, after which we can move on to our next endeavor."

Jez's smile falters as Melanie comes into view alongside Domingo. She fakes nonchalance and flashes an overly-toothy smile at both of them, welcoming them. When an opportunity arises to do so discreetly, she will lock Melanie's eyes with her own and convey to her nothing but hostility and contempt. You are nothing to him. You are a toy to be discarded. A plaything to be used and thrown away. You have no value to him, and do not belong among us. All of this and more in conveyed to her non-verbally in the type of measuring glances that only women seem artfully capable of delivering.

Lt Fuller wrote:As Jezebel sits down at the table, the server manages to maintain her professional façade but a barely perceptible flash of annoyance registers for a brief moment as she takes in Jezebel and her outfit. Her server's mask is back up instantly as she nods with a huge smile, "That's a chef's choice salad and one cocktail. Right away ma'am. "

Before too long the server returns with Jezebel's drink and a plate with something resembling a salad. The blue rectangular plate is filled with what looks like little ships with halved cucumbers as the base, toothpicks for the mast, and a triangular piece of salmon as a flag. On the base of the cucumber rests the salad mixture including walnuts and pecans. The server smiles and addresses Jezebel, "Sorry, I think this is his favorite one to make. Boys stay boys forever I guess." She lets out a little laugh and adds, "So will this be one bill or separate?"

"Domingo, our latecomer here, will pick up the bill for the lot of us; he wouldn't want to put you through the bother of separate checks. He's terribly well-mannered, you know." Jez flashes everyone a wicked smile, and the smallest hint of annoyance with Dom can be seen in her eyes by the perceptive.

Lahz wrote:"Well we can't all be Tokanni Cyberknights. Elves are not native to this world, but my family has been here for 300 years or so now. I think we're more native than the dinosaurs roaming the plains south of here. I prefer to view the ruse as not waving a hand to help the Sniper target me. At least not unless I am ensconced in a heavily armored Power Armor." Lahz catches sight of her Garnet colored eyes and falls briefly mute, "Well now those are a sight, and natural as well."

She smiles at his compliment, quickly and unwittingly darts her eyes to see if Domingo noticed such, then her back straightens almost imperceptibly as she fully internalizes the compliment. "Of course they're natural. Short of having my eyes gouged out by some unimaginable horror, I wouldn't even consider getting cybernetics." The last word is spoken as though the word itself was dripping with filth and gory ichor. Her opinion of such is crystal clear just by the tone of her voice uttering that word. "Honestly, I might prefer a clean death to living on as something less than whole."

Lt Fuller wrote:The bartender responds quickly by pulling out a set of glasses and beginning to pour. The server returns from lowering the lights with the table of drinks.

When the drinks reach the table, Jez plays the good hostess and slides one in front of everyone seated. She raises hers in a toast, clears her throat to get folks' attention, and stands to deliver the toast. Her now-naked red eyes stare daggers at Domingo's date as he locks eyes briefly with each of the seated dinner guests in turn. "To absent friends who got much worse than they deserved." The first toast should always be solemn and dignified, she remembers from her officer's training. When everyone has stood and raised their glass, she tosses the drink back in a single swallow, then grabs what remains of her original drink from the table and raises it next. "And to our prosperity and independence!" This, too, she finishes off in a single swallow, then calls out "Bartender! Another round of drinks for me and my friends!" She eyes her salad hungrily, but as yet, does not touch it. "Anyone else care to make a toast?" She inquires of the assembled group.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lt Fuller » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Lahz wrote: "Sure. I'd like <<Picks something something in the Pasta style>> thanks very much"


The server flashes a quick smile and heads back into the kitchens. The wait is a little longer but when she returns, she has a steaming hot ceramic bowl filled with something covered in baked cheese. The server sets it down and says, "Please watch yourself on the bowl, its vey hot. Enjoy."

When Lahz digs into the dish he finds it is layered several times over: cheese, a flat type of pasta, and a pasta sauce mixed with some kind of green vegtable and different type of cheese. It is a very large portion considering how big the laying makes it.



Domingo wrote: When approached by the hostess, he will mention " I'm meeting some friends here, they should be expecting me. " Should the hostess not be expecting him, then he will give the her the name Jez... assuming she would probably have already become familiar with his friend.


When Domingo enters they are unsure which group he is there to meet but the hostess allows him to take a quick look around. The restaurant is not overly busy and he is able to find his group quickly.





Jezebel wrote:"Domingo, our latecomer here, will pick up the bill for the lot of us; he wouldn't want to put you through the bother of separate checks. He's terribly well-mannered, you know."


The server smiles at Jezebel's joke and looks to Domingo, "All right sir, if it's ok with you I'll keep a tab running for your party?" It is clearly phrased as a questions to make sure Domingo is ok with picking up the group's food and drink.

Jezebel wrote:When the drinks reach the table, Jez plays the good hostess and slides one in front of everyone seated. She raises hers in a toast, clears her throat to get folks' attention, and stands to deliver the toast. Her now-naked red eyes stare daggers at Domingo's date as he locks eyes briefly with each of the seated dinner guests in turn. "To absent friends who got much worse than they deserved." The first toast should always be solemn and dignified, she remembers from her officer's training. When everyone has stood and raised their glass, she tosses the drink back in a single swallow, then grabs what remains of her original drink from the table and raises it next. "And to our prosperity and independence!" This, too, she finishes off in a single swallow, then calls out "Bartender! Another round of drinks for me and my friends!" She eyes her salad hungrily, but as yet, does not touch it. "Anyone else care to make a toast?" She inquires of the assembled group.


The bartender quickly starts pouring another round of drinks and the server is quick to bring them over. The two work very well together and the group never has to wait long regardless of how many times they order another round.
Charged particle weapons cause cancer.
User avatar
Lt Fuller
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 am
Location: AGM: MARS

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 9 | 1d100 = 77

Server wrote:"Five steaks, yes sir. I'll have them brought out right away." Before leaving she adds, "Is there anything else I can get for any of you?"


Barric smiles a large toothy smile at the server, “No sir, thank you very much for your assistance. And yes, you may start me a tab.”

Lahz wrote:"Sir Thorn was of the ... Ronii tribe I believe."


The Tokanii perks up at the mention of a fellow Ronii living in the city, “Ah, one of my fellow tribesmen! This is phenomenal news. I will have to look him up if I have time, it would be great to see one of my own again.” I wonder if he served in the war as well, being a Cyberknight. Those were always some of the toughest warriors on the battlefield. As Domingo enters the restaurant, it doesn’t take a psychic to sense the tension in the room between Jez and him. Barric leans back up against the bar and watches the exchange between the two for a moment. Quietly he sips his drink and takes the entire moment in. Hmm, I never sensed any tension between the two of them before. Clearly Dom is showing off for her though. That part is very clear. And Jez...she seems to be trying to play it off. I wonder if the two of them have a history with one another or if this has developed from them working with one another? In any case, I can’t imagine that this type of relationship would mix well with business. I’ll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it does not interfere with our business dealings.

Jez wrote: "Anyone else care to make a toast?"


Barric clears his throat and raises his glass to the group, “If I may?” Waiting for the others to follow suit, Barric continues, “May the winds of fortune sail you;, may you sail a gentle sea. ...may it always be the other guy who says, this drink's on me!”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lt Fuller » Sun May 08, 2016 6:17 am

The server appears and quietly slides a bill on the table. She looks up and says, "Here is where everyone is right now. I can add to this as the night continues and I can accept payment separately or together whenever you would like." She looks to Domingo and adds, "I can also make changes if any of the information is incorrect." With another big smile she turns and leaves the group to themselves.

The Bill wrote:
    Lhaz:Old fashion 8.00, Pasta Dish 10.00
    Jezebel: Revolver 8.00, Chef Choice Salad 7.50
    Barric: Scotch 17.00 %, Steak Appetizer 15.00X5=75.00
    Max: Steak Appetizer 15.00, Cream 5.00
    Domingo: Round, (5) 40.00X2=80.00
Charged particle weapons cause cancer.
User avatar
Lt Fuller
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 am
Location: AGM: MARS

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Mon May 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 16+2=18 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Wary Amusement]

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 50

ISP: 179/181

Lahz watches as the evening unfolds thoroughly enjoying the meal though the conversation turns a bit mundane (to finding/founding a camp). The twist of a dynamic between Jezebel and Domingo is unexpected, **Well she invited me out. Maybe it was to draw this guy's ire. He seems like a nice enough fellow but I suppose he's competition well as much as he could be ... ** The Psi-Tech drinks along with the others congenially and orders up some dessert, "Well Ms. Jez, if you're inclined I'd suggest the Palace Casino to play some games, or maybe the Battledome if we're inclined to go and take in a show instead."

OOC: Lahz's psychic nature and his emotions are pretty well projected for everyone to see/feel at a close range.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Domingo » Mon May 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Peception: 1d20+5 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 97

Conditions: None

ISP: 179/179

Jezebel wrote:(rolls carried over)

Domingo wrote:When approached by the hostess, he will mention " I'm meeting some friends here, they should be expecting me. " Should the hostess not be expecting him, then he will give the her the name Jez... assuming she would probably have already become familiar with his friend.

As he approaches the table he can't help but notice Jez in her stunning outfit, he can't help but crack a smile. She always cleans up so well, it's amazing to think she is hard as nails when she just looks so... He leaves the thought floating in his mind when he notices someone he does not recognize. He is not sure what to think about the newcomer, well, well... it is not hard to believe that she would have drawn someone's interests, but how do I feel about this. We are just friends after all, no reason to get jealous. But, Domingo can't help but feel some small pain... He shrugs it off and walks up to the table with a smile on his face.

He clears his throat and begins to speak, "Excuse me if I'm crashing the party. My prior arrangement had me tied up, mi amigos. I hope you have not been waiting too long. Let me introduce my new friend, Melanie. She has been showing me around and I figured it would only be right to invite her along to dinner."

" So how much have I missed, anything promising for us to discuss?" Depending on the conversation topic, he will decide at some point to introduce what he is working on. He will let them know that he is looking to purchase a private residence in Merctown. "I don't have any plans to make this a base of any type, though I will welcome any of you to visit. I would just like to have a place to get away from it all at times. I am looking for a place to enjoy a fine drink, maybe collect some artwork," he gives a look towards Melanie. " Maybe a place for me to spend some time with friends." Looking back to the others, " I have not completely decided yet, but I did go and look at three places tonight that are promising. One of which I really like and plan to begin negotiations to buy if I can get the time to do so. I would like to ask that we stay in Merctown long enough for me to secure this deal, after which we can move on to our next endeavor."

Jez's smile falters as Melanie comes into view alongside Domingo. She fakes nonchalance and flashes an overly-toothy smile at both of them, welcoming them. When an opportunity arises to do so discreetly, she will lock Melanie's eyes with her own and convey to her nothing but hostility and contempt. You are nothing to him. You are a toy to be discarded. A plaything to be used and thrown away. You have no value to him, and do not belong among us. All of this and more in conveyed to her non-verbally in the type of measuring glances that only women seem artfully capable of delivering.

Lt Fuller wrote:As Jezebel sits down at the table, the server manages to maintain her professional façade but a barely perceptible flash of annoyance registers for a brief moment as she takes in Jezebel and her outfit. Her server's mask is back up instantly as she nods with a huge smile, "That's a chef's choice salad and one cocktail. Right away ma'am. "

Before too long the server returns with Jezebel's drink and a plate with something resembling a salad. The blue rectangular plate is filled with what looks like little ships with halved cucumbers as the base, toothpicks for the mast, and a triangular piece of salmon as a flag. On the base of the cucumber rests the salad mixture including walnuts and pecans. The server smiles and addresses Jezebel, "Sorry, I think this is his favorite one to make. Boys stay boys forever I guess." She lets out a little laugh and adds, "So will this be one bill or separate?"

"Domingo, our latecomer here, will pick up the bill for the lot of us; he wouldn't want to put you through the bother of separate checks. He's terribly well-mannered, you know." Jez flashes everyone a wicked smile, and the smallest hint of annoyance with Dom can be seen in her eyes by the perceptive.

Lahz wrote:"Well we can't all be Tokanni Cyberknights. Elves are not native to this world, but my family has been here for 300 years or so now. I think we're more native than the dinosaurs roaming the plains south of here. I prefer to view the ruse as not waving a hand to help the Sniper target me. At least not unless I am ensconced in a heavily armored Power Armor." Lahz catches sight of her Garnet colored eyes and falls briefly mute, "Well now those are a sight, and natural as well."

She smiles at his compliment, quickly and unwittingly darts her eyes to see if Domingo noticed such, then her back straightens almost imperceptibly as she fully internalizes the compliment. "Of course they're natural. Short of having my eyes gouged out by some unimaginable horror, I wouldn't even consider getting cybernetics." The last word is spoken as though the word itself was dripping with filth and gory ichor. Her opinion of such is crystal clear just by the tone of her voice uttering that word. "Honestly, I might prefer a clean death to living on as something less than whole."




It doesn't take any of Domingo's psychic senses to pick up on the signals that Jez is giving off. It is clear that she is unhappy with some other woman showing him attention. Dom is surprised by this, have I missed any clues, I would not of really thought that she would... He begins to wonder, so many times she has picked at and name called him, was this a veiled attempt to show affection? Domingo gives a smile, hiding the fact that he is now confused about where he stands with his long-time friend and team member. He gives a look to Melanie, poor innocent girl, I really hope that she can make it out of here without Jez slicing her to pieces with her eyes.

When Jez suggest that Domingo will cover the bill, he smiles " No worries amigos, it is only a small price to pay to have all of you here together. Let us celebrate our time together and to enjoy the time, however long or short it may be, together."

After Lahz makes a comment about Jezebel's eyes, he can't help catch the darts being shot in his direction. He can't help but finding himself smiling though as she brings the subject to a stop with the mention of having her eyes ripped out by some horrible thing. He suddenly finds himself actually starting to laugh a bit at the thought...

"Jez, you certainly have a way of expressing your thoughts," he looks at Jez and then back towards Lahz. " I am sure should anything try to take your eyes, then it would pay for them dearly." Domingo then gives a bit of a smirk, the last comment maybe a veiled threat or a warning about how dangerous Jez might be to the stranger. " So, Jez... I have not had the pleasure of meeting your new friend." Domingo did not catch his name earlier or seem to really care, since he is a bit distracted by the other man's presence. " It would be nice to put a name to the face, even more so if I am buying him dinner." Afterwards Domingo asks, " I must know Lahz, is it, what brings you to us this evening? "



Lt Fuller wrote:The bartender responds quickly by pulling out a set of glasses and beginning to pour. The server returns from lowering the lights with the table of drinks.

When the drinks reach the table, Jez plays the good hostess and slides one in front of everyone seated. She raises hers in a toast, clears her throat to get folks' attention, and stands to deliver the toast. Her now-naked red eyes stare daggers at Domingo's date as he locks eyes briefly with each of the seated dinner guests in turn. "To absent friends who got much worse than they deserved." The first toast should always be solemn and dignified, she remembers from her officer's training. When everyone has stood and raised their glass, she tosses the drink back in a single swallow, then grabs what remains of her original drink from the table and raises it next. "And to our prosperity and independence!" This, too, she finishes off in a single swallow, then calls out "Bartender! Another round of drinks for me and my friends!" She eyes her salad hungrily, but as yet, does not touch it. "Anyone else care to make a toast?" She inquires of the assembled group.[/quote]


Barric clears his throat and raises his glass to the group, “If I may?” Waiting for the others to follow suit, Barric continues, “May the winds of fortune sail you;, may you sail a gentle sea. ...may it always be the other guy who says, this drink's on me!”


Domingo cheers with the toast of each before, then clears his throat as he raises his glass. " I will try and keep this brief, as I am not a man of many words. But, we have seen good times and bad, we have been so far from home, that we thought we might never return... with that some of us did not, but we have held together. We have grown stronger with each experience, we have grown together as a team and a family. May this toast be only the beginning to a long and successful venture together."

Lt Fuller wrote:The server appears and quietly slides a bill on the table. She looks up and says, "Here is where everyone is right now. I can add to this as the night continues and I can accept payment separately or together whenever you would like." She looks to Domingo and adds, "I can also make changes if any of the information is incorrect." With another big smile she turns and leaves the group to themselves.

The Bill wrote:
    Lhaz:Old fashion 8.00, Pasta Dish 10.00
    Jezebel: Revolver 8.00, Chef Choice Salad 7.50
    Barric: Scotch 17.00 %, Steak Appetizer 15.00X5=75.00
    Max: Steak Appetizer 15.00, Cream 5.00
    Domingo: Round, (5) 40.00X2=80.00


Depending on if anyone else is adding anything else to the tab ie. dessert, Domingo will pull out his cred stick and place it on the table with the bill. (Universal Cred-stick on my sheet)

Lahz watches as the evening unfolds thoroughly enjoying the meal though the conversation turns a bit mundane (to finding/founding a camp). The twist of a dynamic between Jezebel and Domingo is unexpected, **Well she invited me out. Maybe it was to draw this guy's ire. He seems like a nice enough fellow but I suppose he's competition well as much as he could be ... ** The Psi-Tech drinks along with the others congenially and orders up some dessert, "Well Ms. Jez, if you're inclined I'd suggest the Palace Casino to play some games, or maybe the Battledome if we're inclined to go and take in a show instead."


Domingo will wait for the decision to be made as for where the group will go for further entertainment. As everyone is getting up from their seats and making their way to the door he will find an excuse to bring himself close to Jez. He will whisper in her ear, " You are a stunning sight tonight... I would hope... he pauses for a second, then continues, " that I have not upset you. I would never truly mean to hurt you." He will leave it at that, regaining his dates arm to lead her to the door.

Once outside he will ask Melanie if she intends to go on to the next location or if she plans to call it a night. Should she want to call it a night he will arrange for a ride to pick her up. If she offers for him to join, then he will decline... Simply saying that another time might be better.
Domingo
Sixth Sense (automatic)

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 179
H.P.: 35
S.D.C.: 27

Saving Throw Bonuses
+2 vs. Psychic/Insanity
+4 vs. Possession
+2 vs. Mind Control
+3 vs. Magic Illusions
+4 vs. Horror Factor

Bandito w/ Branaghan Overcoat
MDC by Location
Helmet: 30
Arms: 18/8 each
Legs: 24/12 each
Main Body: 38/28
Modifiers: -5% movement and physical skill penalty, -10% to swimming

NG-57( right holster on belt)
Range: 500 ft Damage: 2d4 or 3d6 MD
Payload: 10

TW Firebolt Pistol (on Thigh holster- right leg)
Range: 450 ft Damage: 4D6 MD per blast of magic fire
Rate of Fire: Single shot, each blast costs as 1 melee attack
Payload: 10 shots

TW-38 Endless Revolver(left holster on belt)
Range:500ft Damage: 4d6 SDC
Payload: 38 shots

Silver Plated Vibro-Rapier-2d6 MD (left side), Silver Dagger x 2- 1d6 sdc (one in each boot)

NE-HC-120 "Shadow" Stealth Combat Hovercycle - 210 MDC
User avatar
Domingo
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Rifts PC (Explorers Inc.)

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon May 16, 2016 7:38 am

Outwardly, the festivities at the Grapevine pick up steam. There is a lively exchange of conversation, getting to know each other (especially Lahz) and swapping stories of adventure.

Jezebel:
Beneath the thin veneer, there is simmering tension between the two ladies present. Based on a tiny scowl that flits across Melanie's face, Jezebel is confident that her non-verbal cues were accurately-interpreted by the real estate broker. Melanie remains quite professional and beyond the micro-expression she let slip, she is all smiles and warmth... gregarious and engaging almost to a fault. Whereas many women might have taken the bait, Melanie doesn't respond until later in the meal when everyone else is distracted with some body language of her own. She locks a gaze with Jezebel as she slowly brings a glazed brussel sprout to her mouth. The vegetable is delicately consumed in one bite with only the faintest of smirks following. Try your best dearie. I'm in it for the long game. is the message the former Arismal officer gleans.

If not for her training in counter-intelligence, Jezebel might very well have missed it. But the Arismal suspects that Melanie has been playing the 'innocent country bumpkin' all through the meal. Though few and spaced widely apart, her well-timed questions have managed to successfully extracted some information about the team. Whether Melanie is simply very good at her job befriending clients and setting them at ease, or if there is something more, Jezebel believes very strongly that the real estate broker would only bring trouble to the recently emancipated squad. It is a hunch she feels deep in the pit of her gut.

Max:
Meanwhile, Max is characteristically quiet and watching the banter with detached interest. Machines always seemed to speak more directly and clearly than people did. If he squinted his eyes and imagined real hard, he could almost suspect that Jez was on the brink of becoming aggressive. But the poodle operator quickly dispels the notion as they were all friends sharing a meal together and based on past experiences, was a time of joy and celebration. Not conflict. In the back of his mind however, something seemed off in his environment. While the others continued with their jibber-jabber, Max's perception muted the noises of his surroundings as he tried to sleuth the source of what was out of place. After a little bit of time, he finally figured it out. The holo-vid providing background ambiance had some manner of non-noise static to it. Once he pinpointed the source, Max tunnels his attention to teasing out. His paw-foot taps out a cadence in the air as he captures the timing. One, long pause... one, pause, one, long pause... one, pause, two, pause, one, long pause... one, pause, three, pause, three, pause, one, long pause... one, pause, four, pause, six, pause, four, pause, one, long pause... one, long pause... and repeat. Max is forced to close his eyes and scrunch up his nose as he thinks. Pascal's triangle? Why the heck is the holo-vid repeating tiny bursts of static representing up to n=4? Now immersed in a math problem, Max grabs a nearby napkin and begins working out all that he knows about binomial theorem.
((GM Note: If Lahz wants to get involved in this mystery, he could potentially also get involved based on the perception roll from his previous post.))

Barric:
Barric finds himself at a bit of a loss. The mystic felt like he could always rely on his senses and intuition but Domingo's arrival with the real estate broker Melanie has him a bit confused. Prior to their arrival, Barric felt an icy chill sweep through him. It was a chill he was familiar with, easily identified as malicious supernatural evil encroaching on their position. Instinctively, the Tokanii had tensed in anticipation of combat when the sensation suddenly dissipated to nothing. It was as if the biting northern chill had decided to instantaneously become a gentle southerly breeze. Moments later, Domingo and Melanie had stepped through the door. Though he had little to substantiate the feeling, the mystic couldn't help but have suspicions of the eye candy on their team leader's arm.

Through the remainder of the meal, Barric continually tried to gain confirmation of his suspicion, but unsuccessfully. For the remainder of the evening, Melanie was friendly, engaging and polite. Despite his best efforts, the mystic was unable to get a second whiff of the evil that he had sensed earlier.

Domingo:
Ever the gentleman, Dom steps outside with his companion to ask if she wishes to join them at the next location.

"I think I have stayed my welcome enough." Melanie says with modesty, "You have yourself an amazing crew there. I'm just glad to have been able to dine with them! So much camaraderie. You must be a strong, stable leader to invoke such trust. I suppose you must, as your profession can be a life-or-death battle on any given day... So glamorous." Melanie gives Domingo a demure smile as she twirls her hair shyly.

"Thank you again for a wonderful evening," she giggles in happy reflection, rising to her tiptoes to plant a peck on the mind melter's cheek. "I'll let you get back to your friends."

As Domingo watches her leave, the mind melter becomes hyper-aware of the spot on his cheek where her lips met his skin. He can't help but relive the sensation of softness and feel the residual warmth of her breath as she pulled away. Butterflies seem to flit about in his stomach. And his chest begins to ache with the strain of longing the further away she gets. If he wills it, Domingo is able to tamper down on these feelings and return to his squad to re-engage in the festivities.
((GM Note: give me a save vs magic in your next post please.))

Everyone:
After a little bit, the waiter returns to check on the group, "Shall I bring you a dessert menu? We have wine pairings with each of our delectable edibles."
User avatar
Lucid Dreams
Game Master
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 am

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Jezebel » Tue May 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 54

Lucid Dreams wrote:Jezebel:
Beneath the thin veneer, there is simmering tension between the two ladies present. Based on a tiny scowl that flits across Melanie's face, Jezebel is confident that her non-verbal cues were accurately-interpreted by the real estate broker. Melanie remains quite professional and beyond the micro-expression she let slip, she is all smiles and warmth... gregarious and engaging almost to a fault. Whereas many women might have taken the bait, Melanie doesn't respond until later in the meal when everyone else is distracted with some body language of her own. She locks a gaze with Jezebel as she slowly brings a glazed brussel sprout to her mouth. The vegetable is delicately consumed in one bite with only the faintest of smirks following. Try your best dearie. I'm in it for the long game. is the message the former Arismal officer gleans.

If not for her training in counter-intelligence, Jezebel might very well have missed it. But the Arismal suspects that Melanie has been playing the 'innocent country bumpkin' all through the meal. Though few and spaced widely apart, her well-timed questions have managed to successfully extracted some information about the team. Whether Melanie is simply very good at her job befriending clients and setting them at ease, or if there is something more, Jezebel believes very strongly that the real estate broker would only bring trouble to the recently emancipated squad. It is a hunch she feels deep in the pit of her gut.


Domingo wrote:[size=85] "Jez, you certainly have a way of expressing your thoughts, I am sure should anything try to take your eyes, then it would pay for them dearly. So, Jez, I have not had the pleasure of meeting your new friend." Domingo did not catch his name earlier or seem to really care, since he is a bit distracted by the other man's presence. " It would be nice to put a name to the face, even more so if I am buying him dinner." Afterwards Domingo asks, " I must know Lahz, is it, what brings you to us this evening?"

Domingo clears his throat as he raises his glass. "I will try and keep this brief, as I am not a man of many words. But, we have seen good times and bad, we have been so far from home, that we thought we might never return...with that some of us did not, but we have held together. We have grown stronger with each experience, we have grown together as a team and a family. May this toast be only the beginning to a long and successful venture together."

Jez decides not to ruin the evening further by brooding on thoughts of captivity and torture. Been there. Done that. Frak the brushheads. They'll get theirs. Jerrik and his team will see to that. Jez loses herself in thoughts of Jerrik Halko and so is entirely distant during Dom's toast.
Lahz wrote:"Well Ms. Jez, if you're inclined I'd suggest the Palace Casino to play some games, or maybe the Battledome if we're inclined to go and take in a show instead."

"I don't like to trivialize combat, so I'll pass on the Battledome, but the Palace sounds intriguing." She languorously stands up to her full six feet plus in height, and almost sits down again in shock when Dom speaks to her.
Domingo wrote:As everyone is getting up from their seats and making their way to the door he will find an excuse to bring himself close to Jez. "You are a stunning sight tonight. I would hope that I have not upset you. I would never truly mean to hurt you." He will leave it at that, regaining his dates arm to lead her to the door.

She stands there at a loss for words as Dom walks away from his drive-by shooting of her terribly weak emotional defenses. He's attracted to me...and thinks he's hurt my feelings? She stands there like a dumbstruck idiot for just a few moments too long to be socially appropriate. Well, stupid, you have been sending salvo after salvo of jealousy signals at that cunt of a date he's got with him. What's her game anyway? Jez, alert to a possible threat in the form of Dom's date, regains her wits and joins the others in making her way out from behind the table.

Lucid Dreams wrote:Everyone:
After a little bit, the waiter returns to check on the group, "Shall I bring you a dessert menu? We have wine pairings with each of our delectable edibles."[/size]

Jez smiles sweetly at the waiter. "Frak the dessert menu. We're heading to the Palace. It's been a lovely dinner though, and thanks for the prompt service." Jez makes sure to slide her card through their reader on her way out and leave a 100-credit tip. (Already deducted.) She remembers Lahz all of a sudden and sneaks her arm within his own.

"Lahz, my beau, care to be my chaperone on an excursion to this establishment of vice?" She grins with wicked mischievousness.

She flashes a smile back at all the others and pumps her fist in the air, signaling that she's ready to party. "To the Palace! Last one out pays for the taxi!" En route to the Palace, she'll keep a close eye on Melanie should she remain with them, and if not, she'll covertly signal to each of the others in the group to keep a watchful eye on Melanie and indicate that she thinks her a threat somehow.

(The Palace)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lahz » Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 7+2= [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Curious/~~Interested.Attracted~~/Wary Amusement]

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 15

ISP: 179/181

Lahz grins and nods to Jezebel, "Well then to the Palace we go." He'll tap at his Droid Control Gauntlet for Ray to follow along and offers Jez his arm.

(The Palace)
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 10 | 1d100 = 31

Barric’s eyes narrow on Domingo’s date. The Tokanii tries his best to hold back the outward emotion, but deep down inside of him burns a hatred for supernatural evil. He hadn’t any proof other than a feeling, but his gut was telling him that something was seriously wrong. That feeling…. Those feelings are never wrong. Never. The circumstances may be deceiving though. It could have been coincidence that they entered at that exact moment. One hell of a coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless. Barric continues to keep a steady eye on the woman, studying her moves and they way she speaks, trying to find a chink in her armor. See Aura: -6 I.S.P. He’ll examine her Aura if he can and try to think of what possible supernatural beings could possibly take on such a form and then hide their natural senses from him like that.
Sense Possession of Supernatural Force: 1d100 = 73/60% FAIL!
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 31/55% PASS!
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: 1d100 = 75/55% FAIL!
I.D. Undercover Agents: 1d100 = 38/38% PASS!

Not too long after Domingo and his date leave the restaurant, Barric will pay his tab and make a simple excuse to leave. He won’t make too much of a scene in case he’s completely in the wrong. Instead, Barric will exit the restaurant and do his best to track down the duo. They couldn’t have gone too far. Unless they hopped in a cab or something. Still, I need to make sure this hunch isn’t just my mind playing tricks on me. Prowl: 1d100 = 46/30% FAIL! If Barric happens to run into Dom on his way out of the restaurant, Barric will try to shake himself back to normal, "Uh, Dom, hey. What uh...what happened to that woman you were with?"
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lucid Dreams » Fri May 27, 2016 6:30 am

Barric:

Barric's effort to see her aura is met with no success. She exudes an aura that is totally mundane, lacking power, psionics or magic. The mystic knows however, that a talented psychic could very well alter their aura, so chooses not to rely solely on his psychic sight but on the deep-seeded intuition that something is wrong.

The Tokanii wracks his brain a bit as he ponders the conundrum.

The list of potential demons/devilkin that can take on the form of an attractive woman are not long. Typically, this is accomplished through either natural abilities or magic. If Barric were to combine that with the ability to then mask that level of power from those sensitive to it... this list narrows to the following: Either a succubus (lesser demon), Raksasha (greater demon) or ultra-rare Pandemonium (greater deevil).

Given the possibilities, Barric secretly hopes it was a succubus, but worries it might have been one of the latter two.

When Barric goes out to see Dom and his date, their squad leader admits to the Tokanii that Melanie had left already. The mystic is left with little trail to follow at that point.
User avatar
Lucid Dreams
Game Master
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 am

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 80

Barric frowns at the mention of the woman being gone. With no trail to follow, for now all I’ll have is a hunch to go on. I’d hate to place such an accusation at the feet of a woman I don’t even know, especially someone Dom may be romantically involved with, but I need to make sure my team is safe. “Dom,” Barric says with hesitance, “When you walked in with your date, I sensed an evil presence in the air. I was unable to pinpoint it to any one source in particular, but it is curious that I sensed it right as she walked in. Soon after the feeling was hidden from me and...I apologize for the intrusion...but I tried to read your date’s aura and I couldn’t. She was blocking my psychic abilities. With my previous visions of demons, I fear for the worst.” Stopping, Barric waits for a response from Dom. I hope he realizes my intentions. I know many people would take such an act as an intrusion.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:21 am

Barric:
"Melanie?" Dom repeats with a look of longing permeating his face, "My thanks for your concern mi amigo. But nothing about her is evil. No..." He pauses, searching for a word as his eyes go glassy. "No... not evil mi amigo, enchanting." A goofy smile plasters his face. And if Barric didn't know better, he would have thought their squad leader was intoxicated.

Domingo shakes his head once vigorously as some sensibility seems to return, "Donde esta... Where is Jezebel? With her new amor... that Lahz fellow? I think he is trouble."

Though not having spent a tremendous amount of time with the squad quite yet, Barric still can't help but think that Domingo is being driven by elements beyond his control. The infatuation with Melanie seems unnaturally strong after such a brief encounter. And Dom's attraction to Jezebel, though understandable (since they spend so much time together professionally), is now taking a darker turn as it is twinged with an appearance by the green-eyed monster, jealousy.

Not given a tremendous amount of time to think, Dom seems to recall where Jez and Lahz were headed and decides to go to "The Palace" casino. Barric now has a choice to make: babysit their squad leader to potentially prevent a confrontation, or leave things be and be on his way.

Max:
About a dozen cocktail napkins later, Max thinks he has solved the riddle. He looks at his mathematical scrawlings (A Beautiful Mind style) which now occupy the space encompassing both adjacent seats at the bar. And he makes one final adjustment, swapping the locations of the two closest to him. On a final napkin, he sketches the overview of the others. Eureka! The cipher! Max thinks triumphantly.

Utilizing the cipher, the operator deduces that the hidden message is actually a crude manner of countdown clock. Time remaining on the clock: 2 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes.
User avatar
Lucid Dreams
Game Master
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 am

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:32 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 86

Barric just smiles at Domingo’s reply. Something is not right with him at the moment…. Could he be possessed by some spell or trick? I can’t let him out of my sight. The last thing we need is his hurting himself or others right now. “The Casino sounds like a good time...I’ll tag along,” Barric answers with a wide smile, clapping Domingo playfully on the back.

Palace Hotel & Casino
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Grapevine (64)

Postby Maximilian IV » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
J.I.C.: 1d20 = 5|1d100 = 64

Max, having feverishly scrawled a plethora of calculations, was too engrossed in deciphering this code, of sorts, to pay any mind to the happenings in the world at large. After piecing together the last little tick of the mystery, Max stares blankly at the oscillating monitor that tipped him off to this binomial quandary - several, outdated napkins have fallen to the floor, and Max is somewhat pleased with himself. Staring off into the distance while he ponders a bit, the somewhat ominous nature of the discovery doesn't fully register while Max muses.

Fascinatingly simple, yet curiously subtle. I wonder who put in the effort of encoding that monitor. . . it would be just a simple wireless transmission, but that would require access to the Merctown grid - assuming this wasn't uploaded manually, but that would require sneaking in here? No, wireless is much more probable. . .

Amusingly, Max focuses on the method of relaying that message rather than the contents - of course, it doesn't take too long before Max jumps to his feet after fully processing the precariously short amount of time before this "event" was to occur.

"Rougghh! Oh dear, boss! Boss?!"

Looking around the bar, Max realizes just a tad too late he had overstayed the rest of his dining party. Looking sheepish, Max tries to play off his outburst; pursing his lips with a furrowed brow, he gathers his napkins and jaunts out of the bar with his tail beating furiously. Max will, of course, leave payment for his meal, but in his rush forgets to tip.

I've got to warn the others. . . I'm not entirely sure of what, but it has to be significant enough to route through a swank-bar holo-vid!

<Palace Hotel & Casino>
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm


Return to The Spokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest