Shooters (114)

Weapons Vendors from everywhere sell their wares here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Shooters (114)

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:02 am

Player Info:
One of many gun stores in town, Shooter's deals mostly in non-magical small arms. It is not an authorized dealer of any particular manufacturer and thus sells most brands as well as pre-Rifts S.D.C. weapons. Firearms from Wellington Industries, Northern Gun, Wilk's, Golden Age Weaponsmiths, some Triax products, Bandito Arms and handmade guns from regional, small, independent gunsmiths are all sold here at market prices. The store deals mainly in pistols, revolvers, rifles, sub-machineguns and shotguns, leaving the heavier artillery to the manufacturer's outlets. A third of the stock is second hand, at discount prices.

In the back of the store is a licensed small arms range for both S.D.C. and Mega-Damage weapons. The owner, Oslor "Pug " Purtok, an Orcish former mercenary, is himself a shooting enthusiast and for that reason he keeps costs down, charging just five credits per half hour for range fees, plus the cost of ammunition. In the case of those wishing to test-fire weapons before purchasing them, he waives the range fee and sometimes throws in a free magazine of ammo.

With a successful streetwise roll:
Rumor has it that Pug works for the Black Market, which would explain his rather large selection of Bandito Arms weaponry.

+5% to each roll to find Bandito Arms items of any rarity
Augur
Admin

Re: Shooters (114)

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 52

Saffron walks on up to the counter and without preamble she asks the shop owner, "I am looking for a JA-11 series multi-function rifle. I don't mind used and I don't care if it has a scope on it. So tell me I am in luck.". Saffron smiles at the Orc gunsmith. If he has what she is looking, or offers something similar, Saffron will check the weapon out thoroughly since she has never dealt with this particular shop before.

{Skill Rolls}
Recognize Weapon Quality 60%/1d100 = 44%
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 16
S.D.C.: 53

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 48

The walk over has calmed Lucy down, though she is still impressed with her new friend's skill. However, seeing an orc behind the counter excites her again. She's always had warm feelings towards orcs. Can't quite remember why, but, yes, definitely warm feelings. "Howdausan mausan fellow compaavriaave! Mir avo ukee ij orc prap avhe counavas. Lat own avhiuk eukavabliukhmenav? Greaav gunuk. So cool..." she attempts in what she takes to be a friendly-to-orcs-but-is-scary-as-hell-to-normies guttural voice (Gobbley).

Saffron, however, gets straight to business. Probably smart. Orcs don't need a lot of small talk. "Oh no. I just *did* small talk with him! What was I thinking?!" Lucy mentally kicks herself. "Got to remember that. Remember!" she chides herself in what could only be an imprecise recollection of her mamma's voice.

As Saffron engages with Oslor, Lucy distracts herself with some of the rarer 'treasures' he has on display. "You know, I could convert some of these into some nice gear. Just need some gold wire and a ruby, maybe a zircon? Probably a diamond for some storage, though there's always the P.P.E. clip option... I'm going to need some supplies, oh, and some credits, right, credits..." Her eyes return to Saffron and the counter if/when Oslor procures her potential purchase(s), willing to lend her expertise if desired.

{Skill Rolls}
Language: Gobblely 75% / 1d100 = 56 -- PASS (to speak fluently, if awkwardly, to Oslor)
Appraise Goods 54% / 1d100 = 31 -- PASS (to examine the JA-11 or other equipment)

Gobbley
Howdy my fellow compatriot! Good to see an orc behind the counter. You own this establishment? Great guns. So cool...
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Lucille Davis

Postby Legion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:11 am

As the two women pass through the shops doorway, their entrance is made known by a simple bell that the door hits. Luccile does a bit of a double take when she sees that said bell was clearly home made...by a gunsmith. The outer part is made from two gutted, long E-clip casings and the clanger inside is a .50 BMG shell casing. It has it's own unique ring to say the least.

Saffron, for her part, pauses for another reason. Both women can hear someone shouting in the back room. Saffron doesn't know the language, but is pretty sure someone is swearing. Lucille hears a guttural, male voice shouting in Gobblely, "Work damn you! Woooork! Stop being stubborn you piece of fury beetle shit! Why you make my life so difficult! WORK!!!", there are a number of clangs & sparking sounds interspersed in this one sided argument and at one point a ball peen hammer comes flying out of the doorway. Apparently having given up, an Orc comes storming in from the backroom. He stops just inside the doorway and his facial expression goes from enraged to ashamed as he reaches up and scratches the back of his neck. "Eh, sorry for shouting. E-clip charger on fritz again.", he states in American by way of explanation.

Lucille Davis wrote:The walk over has calmed Lucy down, though she is still impressed with her new friend's skill. However, seeing an orc behind the counter excites her again. She's always had warm feelings towards orcs. Can't quite remember why, but, yes, definitely warm feelings. "Howdausan mausan fellow compaavriaave! Mir avo ukee ij orc prap avhe counavas. Lat own avhiuk eukavabliukhmenav? Greaav gunuk. So cool..." she attempts in what she takes to be a friendly-to-orcs-but-is-scary-as-hell-to-normies guttural voice (Gobbley)

The Orc seems at least slightly surprised that a human speaks his native tongue fairly well and replies with it, "I am Pug, welcome to my shop.". It takes him a moment to realize that Saffron is not following the conversation and he switches to American again, "Welcome to both of you, I am Pug and this is my shop. What can I do for you females?".

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron walks on up to the counter and without preamble she asks the shop owner, "I am looking for a JA-11 series multi-function rifle. I don't mind used and I don't care if it has a scope on it. So tell me I am in luck.". Saffron smiles at the Orc gunsmith. If he has what she is looking, or offers something similar, Saffron will check the weapon out thoroughly since she has never dealt with this particular shop before.

Pug nods as he listens to Saffron's request. Once she is done he stands there a moment, clearly thinking, as he picks at his chipped left tusk. Looking to Saffron he says, "I have JA-11, but is not in good shape...not fully working. Here let Pug show you.". He disappears into the back room again, there follows the sounds of someone rummaging plus a few curses, and soon he shows up again. He tugs a foam rubber mat from the other end of the counter to in front of the ladies and sets the JA-11 he was carrying down on it. Right away Saffron sees that the barrel of the 7.62mm rifle is much bulkier than normal and ends with a compensator that normally isn't there. In moments he has the weapon expertly field stripped and neatly set out on the mat. Pointing at part of the receiver he begins to explain, "Previous owner was hunter from Swamps. Upgraded 7-6-2 to .50 B-M-G round. Did good job too, mostly. Smart enough to reinforce the laser chamber so recoil from .50 not damage it. But...he either forget or did not care to reinforce the ion chamber also. After awhile the ion chamber crack. See?", and he picks up a clear, blue, hexagonal part and shows it to Saffron. The ion chamber he holds is clearly damaged at one end, sporting a half dozen visible cracks that go deep into the material. This is the end that interfaces directly with the barrel. Saffron also notices that with the weapon disassembled there has been work done to the stock and someone beefed up the recoil spring, most likely to keep the heavier .50 round from ripping the shooters arm out of the socket. He sets it back down and continues, "Ion chamber is completely shot, no fixing it. But still have it because ion is lowest in weapon and is bridge between E-clip port and laser, so have to have it installed so at least laser works. I have been looking for replacement ion chamber for long time now, but this is Pre-Rifts built JA-11 and ion chamber from new built ones use octagon type ion chamber, not hexagon. So have to find old Pre-Rifts part in order to fix. Also, if you find part, you will need to reinforce ion chamber and receiver where it goes so recoil does not brake again. Or have same problem over and over.". He stops and leans back against the wall, shaking his head sadly, "Is shame really, good weapon...Pre-Rifts even. But if you want, Pug sell to you as-is for 30,000 credits, Black Market or Universal, you choice. And if you find replacement ion chamber later on, bring back to me and I will install and reinforce at discount.".

{GM Note: Changes to the standard JA-11 would be; 7.62mm doing 5d6 SDC would change to .50 BMG doing 1d6x10 SDC, there is now a -1 strike penalty when firing the .50 BMG, 7.62mm range of 2,000 feet would change to .50 BMG range of 4,000 feet, the weapons total weight is increased by 1.5 lbs., the Ion Beam will not be available until the necessary part is replaced. All other aspects of the standard JA-11 remain unchanged.}
ImageImage
Legion
Game Master

Postby Lucille Davis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 56

Lucy is relieved that her Gobbley was up to snuff. And Pug, what a sweet orc. And so courteous, calling them females. Well, courteous enough for orcs. Having heard him sling some curses really warmed her spirits and brought back some fond memories. "Mummu damn whoever designed those god-blighavun E-clip chargers. They were always giving us trouble back in Stormspire, too. Frustrated our floor boss to the point that she wanted to convert or scrap the lot of them! You know, I could take a gander at it if ya wanted, and quote you a repair price after you help my lovely friend here."

Once they're back to American, she listens carefully and watches as Pug strip down the JA-11, following his discussion as closely as she can without being in the way. As Pug explains the problem, she considers the damaged ion chamber herself. The cracking is indeed extensive, but Lucy hates the thought of letting the chamber go to waste. As he continues his discussion, she begins to think about some alternative that poor old ion chamber could have. Pug says its shot, but she's never found a weapon that wouldn't come back with just a bit of love, some cursing, and ingenuity. Carrots and sticks as her mamma would have said.

Once Pug is down to brass tax, she gives a low whistle. "30,000 credits? Could cost that much to make the necessary repairs if that ion chamber is ever to be useful, but the increased functionality over a typical JA-11 might be worth it." She considers her appraisal of the weapon and its repair potential and communicates it to Saffron, though Saffron will be able to tell that she's already a bit a in her head about an alternative plan.

Knowing how much magic has gotten her into trouble in the past, Lucy realizes that she doesn't know Saffron's stance on magic, so she treads lightly. "Of course, I could try to tinker with the ion chamber as the basis for some... um... magitech solution, you know, if you're in to that kind of thing." She looks for signs of distrust or outright hostility to the idea, but Saffron seems open to the idea, she continues.

"I could probably keep it as a basic ion-style weapon discharge if that's what you like, but I think I could modify it to some other kind of energy." Lucy starts to get excited by the ideas rolling around in her head. "A telekinetic blast might be fun and functional, or maybe... oh... maybe something more exotic like... oh! How about a fireball! Or something more defensive to blind your target and make them easy pickins, or... or... Heavenuk! Maybe trap them in some net? Or project some kind of shield? I mean, seriously, what enemy expects a weapon to be used defensively like that?? Brillianav! Or or maybe..." Lucy suddenly recognizes that her mouth is still moving as one thought rolls over the previous. "Oops, sorry, got carried away there." She smiles sheepishly, and continues in a more measured voice. "Anyways, it would take some time, could get costly... and I'd probably might need some diamond, unless you're hiding magic up those sleeves in addition to holsters. But it could be fun, right?"

{Skill Rolls}
Appraise Goods 54% / 1d100 = 23 -- PASS (to assess the market value of a modified JA-11)
Weapons Engineer 49% / 1d100 = 38 -- PASS (to evaluate the cost/time to repair/replace/salvage and reinforce the ion chamber)
Field Armorer & Muntions Expert 54% / 1d100 = 56 -- FAIL
Salvage 59% / 1d100 = 65 -- FAIL
TW Construction 88% / 1d100 = 45 -- PASS (to consider the feasibility and cost/time of converting the broke ion chamber to a TW equivalent)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status

Lucille Davis

Postby Saffron Reynolds » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Sine Finem Belli wrote:Pug nods as he listens to Saffron's request. Once she is done he stands there a moment, clearly thinking, as he picks at his chipped left tusk. Looking to Saffron he says, "I have JA-11, but is not in good shape...not fully working. Here let Pug show you.". He disappears into the back room again, there follows the sounds of someone rummaging plus a few curses, and soon he shows up again. He tugs a foam rubber mat from the other end of the counter to in front of the ladies and sets the JA-11 he was carrying down on it. Right away Saffron sees that the barrel of the 7.62mm rifle is much bulkier than normal and ends with a compensator that normally isn't there. In moments he has the weapon expertly field stripped and neatly set out on the mat. Pointing at part of the receiver he begins to explain, "Previous owner was hunter from Swamps. Upgraded 7-6-2 to .50 B-M-G round. Did good job too, mostly. Smart enough to reinforce the laser chamber so recoil from .50 not damage it. But...he either forget or did not care to reinforce the ion chamber also. After awhile the ion chamber crack. See?", and he picks up a clear, blue, hexagonal part and shows it to Saffron. The ion chamber he holds is clearly damaged at one end, sporting a half dozen visible cracks that go deep into the material. This is the end that interfaces directly with the barrel. Saffron also notices that with the weapon disassembled there has been work done to the stock and someone beefed up the recoil spring, most likely to keep the heavier .50 round from ripping the shooters arm out of the socket. He sets it back down and continues, "Ion chamber is completely shot, no fixing it. But still have it because ion is lowest in weapon and is bridge between E-clip port and laser, so have to have it installed so at least laser works. I have been looking for replacement ion chamber for long time now, but this is Pre-Rifts built JA-11 and ion chamber from new built ones use octagon type ion chamber, not hexagon. So have to find old Pre-Rifts part in order to fix. Also, if you find part, you will need to reinforce ion chamber and receiver where it goes so recoil does not brake again. Or have same problem over and over.". He stops and leans back against the wall, shaking his head sadly, "Is shame really, good weapon...Pre-Rifts even. But if you want, Pug sell to you as-is for 30,000 credits, Black Market or Universal, you choice. And if you find replacement ion chamber later on, bring back to me and I will install and reinforce at discount.".

As Pug is explaining what is wrong with the JA-11 Saffron is nodding her head in understanding as he is showing her the cracks and parts that need attention. "Well it sounds like this weapon has been through the swamps and back." as she giggles to herself. Saffron looks up and smiles back at the orc ." Well, he has no sense of humor." Saffron looks the JA-11 over one more time and says,"I believe we have ourselves a deal." Saffron reaches into her pocket and pulls out her universal card and hands it over to Pug.

Lucille Davis wrote:Knowing how much magic has gotten her into trouble in the past, Lucy realizes that she doesn't know Saffron's stance on magic, so she treads lightly. "Of course, I could try to tinker with the ion chamber as the basis for some... um... magitech solution, you know, if you're in to that kind of thing." She looks for signs of distrust or outright hostility to the idea, but Saffron seems open to the idea, she continues.

"I could probably keep it as a basic ion-style weapon discharge if that's what you like, but I think I could modify it to some other kind of energy." Lucy starts to get excited by the ideas rolling around in her head. "A telekinetic blast might be fun and functional, or maybe... oh... maybe something more exotic like... oh! How about a fireball! Or something more defensive to blind your target and make them easy pickins, or... or... Heavenuk! Maybe trap them in some net? Or project some kind of shield? I mean, seriously, what enemy expects a weapon to be used defensively like that?? Brillianav! Or or maybe..." Lucy suddenly recognizes that her mouth is still moving as one thought rolls over the previous. "Oops, sorry, got carried away there." She smiles sheepishly, and continues in a more measured voice. "Anyways, it would take some time, could get costly... and I'd probably might need some diamond, unless you're hiding magic up those sleeves in addition to holsters. But it could be fun, right?"

Saffron looks over at Lucille once the transaction is completed with an intrigued look in her eyes," Lucille, if you do all that fancy techno upgrades to the rifle, will I still be able to use it or do I need to get you a toy to tinker with?" Saffron is very unsure how all the magic techno works. Saffron is enjoying their shopping adventure so far." Lucille, I need to head to Golden Age Weapons out by the docks. Is there anyplace you want to stop by out that way? I thought you said something about wanting to check out some scrapyards?".

Heading to Dockside: GAW Dealership (206)
Saffron/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 16
S.D.C.: 53

Saffron Reynolds

Postby Legion » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:51 am

Lucille Davis wrote:Lucy is relieved that her Gobbley was up to snuff. And Pug, what a sweet orc. And so courteous, calling them females. Well, courteous enough for orcs. Having heard him sling some curses really warmed her spirits and brought back some fond memories. "Mummu damn whoever designed those god-blighavun E-clip chargers. They were always giving us trouble back in Stormspire, too. Frustrated our floor boss to the point that she wanted to convert or scrap the lot of them! You know, I could take a gander at it if ya wanted, and quote you a repair price after you help my lovely friend here."

The Orc listens as Lucille goes on about the E-clip charger, nodding his head throughout. He scratches behind his ear and motions for her to come behind the counter saying, "Go ahead please, if you can fix, Pug will be happy!". When Lucille sees the his setup she begins to understand the issue. The E-clip charger he has is old...as in bordering out of date old. The nuclear power supply is not integral the unit, instead it is a short, round affair sitting on the ground next to his work bench with a thick power cable running up to the charger itself. Both the power supply and the charger are very, very worn, to the point where Lucille cannot locate a brand marker, let alone a model & serial number plate on either device. Both units are good shape despite all that, the only thing wrong is that the charger base itself is dirty...really dirty. She spends about 10 minutes cleaning the six slots for the E-clips to sit in, most importantly the contacts at the bottom where the clips get energy transferred into them. Afterwards, she grabs half dozen clips from a nearby bin labeled "EM-T" and once all of those are slotted into the charger the green charging light on each slot turns green as it should.

While Lucille has been doing this, Pug has carried on with the sale involving Saffron. Once Lucille lets him know she is done, Pug comes back to have a look. He pulls each clip out and slots it back in several times and smiles. Turning to Lucille he grins even wider, "Thank you! Oh, a hundred times thank you! You have saved me from having to explain to my boss why I need new charger. Very expensive conversation! Uh...here, you look like you could use these.", he rummages around a bit at the far end of the storage room, tossing about a dozen items into a box before handing it to Lucille. "Is just odds and ends I do not need or I have plenty of. You might make use in your techno-magic work maybe? And if you ever need more like this or need weapons or any of my services, come back and Pug will happily give you discount...within reason of course!", he continues to grin happily.

{GM Note: In your follow up reply, you can go ahead and move on with Saffron, the box of misc parts will be added to your character sheet shortly plus a 'coupon' for discount at Shooters}
ImageImage
Legion
Game Master

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 18

Sine Finem Belli wrote:Once Lucille lets him know she is done, Pug comes back to have a look. He pulls each clip out and slots it back in several times and smiles. Turning to Lucille he grins even wider, "Thank you! Oh, a hundred times thank you! You have saved me from having to explain to my boss why I need new charger. Very expensive conversation!

Lucille grins wildly back. "Now that was gratifying." "The poor thing could almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, my friend. Been a long time since I've seen its kind around. Still, she should give your good service for a couple more years at least if you keep good care of her - you know brush her off every couple of weeks? And be careful around that power cable! Talk about a tripping hazard."

Sine Finem Belli wrote:Uh...here, you look like you could use these.", he rummages around a bit at the far end of the storage room, tossing about a dozen items into a box before handing it to Lucille. "Is just odds and ends I do not need or I have plenty of. You might make use in your techno-magic work maybe? And if you ever need more like this or need weapons or any of my services, come back and Pug will happily give you discount...within reason of course!", he continues to grin happily.

Lucy's eye's go wide as Pug hands over the box. Clearly the influx of cash has put Pug in a good mood - it might as well be Chriukavmauk! (Orc festival similar to Christmas) And nothing pleases her tinkering heart more than a box of ... well, junk to the untrained eye, but to her's, absolute treasure. "It's not credits, but I can make this work." As she rummages through the box, she says, "Thanks Pug. We'll call this a fair trade. And I won't forget your hospitality either. It's not every clerk who'd chance a unknown like me."

Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron looks over at Lucille once the transaction is completed with an intrigued look in her eyes," Lucille, if you do all that fancy techno upgrades to the rifle, will I still be able to use it or do I need to get you a toy to tinker with?" Saffron is very unsure how all the magic techno works. Saffron is enjoying their shopping adventure so far." Lucille, I need to head to Golden Age Weapons out by the docks. Is there anyplace you want to stop by out that way? I thought you said something about wanting to check out some scrapyards?".

Lucy is pleased enough that Saffron didn't immediately pour cold water on her idea, but she doesn't want to to be overly confident, knowing what she knows about the art of techno-wizardry. As they are leaving the store she can be heard sheepishly saying, "Well, I can't make any promises exactly, but give it some thought, ya know, let your imagination run a bit wild -- techno-wizardry always works a bit better with a sense of imagination -- and I'll see what I can do. There's always a bit of trial and error, but it shouldn't change any of the other functions of your pretty JA... at least, I don't think it should... I'll be in a better position to say once I've seen the scrapyards..."

Heading to Dockside: GAW Dealership (206)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status

Lucille Davis

Return to The Arms Bazaar