Northern Gun Store (108)

Weapons Vendors from everywhere sell their wares here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Northern Gun Store (108)

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:55 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:"Yeah, those are pretty stout. You could potentially bring it with us, as I expect to finish Speakman's mission. But not sure how soon we'll do that." Ecks says, looking around the showroom and to see what Anna might be checking out.

"I wanted to swing by to see about trading off a Wilks 1000. I was thinking we could use it on the Sled but realistically I'll probably never use it. After that last fight, it'd be nice to have more to do from a distance if I don't have Morning Glory. Bri learning to run it helps a lot. We can really put some heat down if we need to. But like this last escapade, if I don't have the ability to bring it, it'd be nice to have a rifle." he finishes.

Looking around the operator smiles. "You know, every time I come in here it just feels like a little bit of home. Can't help but make you feel a little better."

Victor tilts his head in question, "You still want to work with Speakman? I mean, I'm not complaining about the work and I'll follow your lead bossman. But, well, are things still civilized between you two?".

When Ecks brings up the Wilk's 1000 Victor looks a tad surprised, "You got one of those too? I had one of them, along with several other pieces of high tech gear, waiting for me at the base when we got back. All of it was brand, shiny, new too. I mean, it's cool, but weird. Anyway, I decided to try use it and a TX-17 to make a under-over rifle for the Prophet. I'm still not sure what to do with that KLS brand railgun...any thoughts?".

At the mention of home, Victor smirks, "Yeah it does. In fact, do you remember Amelia Hargrove? She was a year or two behind us in school, short, strawberry-blonde, on the curvy side? She works here at the dealership in MercTown. In fact, I'm waiting on someone to get her out here....", he looks around to see what the hold up is.

Just then something occurs to Victor as he gives Ecks another confused look, "Say, who the heck is April? I don't remember meeting her before we left?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 am

((rolls carried))

Victor asks about Speakman. "Yeah. Well, it was surprising with Mindy and all but if he is still paying, I'm still working. To be honest, there's still a lot I want to see. I actually enjoyed helping out in those communities on the way back from the garden. You know, actually doing something useful as opposed to inviting Death over for beers and brats every chance we get. Not that I expect his job to be peaceful, but surely there's opportunities in there."

When he asks about the Wilks 1000, Ecks replies "Yeah, it's a good unit, but either I'm in Morning Glory and don't need it or I'm hop-scotching around in the Gladius and need something lighter. After that last go, I found myself wishing I had more ranged options. Though I may get a jetpack to help out when I find myself on foot." He continues on.

"Amelia Hargrove?" Ecks thinks for a moment. "Yeah, I do. She's here?! That's surprising. Small world. Trying to score a discount? he asks with a grin.

When Vic mentions April, "Anna? Head of the security force we contracted for the Hangar. You don't remember her.. uh, heartfelt goodbye to me before we left?" Ecks says quietly while Anna is browsing goods.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

"Oh, I totally want to go back out East. I still want to track down these Shemerian's and the rumors about high end A.I. robots out there. The two seemed to be connected...I just don't know how. And might as well get payed to head out there while I'm doing so. Oh, but...can we avoid Mad Haven this time? I think I speak for everyone on that point.". Victor gives a shrug, "And if you're ok working with Speakman, then so am I. Mindy-ness and all.".

Victor gives Ecks a funny look, kind of like he thinks Ecks is crazy, "You do know that the Wilk's 1000 is intended for just that purpose right? It's meant to be either a mounted gun or hand-held for troops in P-A or exo-armor. Which is what the Gladius classifies as...so, you lost me on why you are getting rid of it. As for the jetpack, hold off on buying one. One of my stops is Naruni, I want to pick up their model jetpack. Which leaves me with an extra one in the NG Speedpack. If I can get my hands on what I want, the Speedpack is yours. Just to warn you, it was a used electric model and it needs a bit of work.".

Victor smiles and nods, "Yeah, I guess she took a job here just before we left to go time traveling. And yes I am looking for a discount...and that is all. You look for enough 'fringe benefits' for both of us already...".

Frowning and thinking for a moment, Victor finally shakes his head in the negative, "Nope...I don't recall meeting any Anna. And I didn't even know we had a security team watching the place. Good to know actually.". Turning his attention to Anna, Victor offers his hand, "Good to meet you finally. Don't let Ecks short you on payroll...or anything else for that matter.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 pm

((Rolls carried))

Victor mentions Mad Haven and the desire to avoid it. Ecks was still very interested in the place. Highly lethal but there is now a burning curiosity about those ruins. "Well, I'm betting no one wants to go back, but I can't help but say I'd like to go back sometime. I don't know. It's sad, overwhelmingly so, but there are a lot of questions I have. Probably best we don't though." he says in a rare moment of openness, no doubt due to their longtime familiarity with one another.

Victor responds to Ecks' mention of jetpacks. Victor layout his plan including that of purchasing something from Naruni. Ecks envisions open-hand slapping the PA pilot back into sensibility but resists the urge to carry it out. "I wouldn't buy a can of beanie weenies from them, let alone anything my life depends on. Come on man, hometown pride! None of that Naruni junk." he says, shaking his head knowing it's a battle he won't win, having had it before. Ecks rubs his eyes under his sunglasses. "I appreciate the offer though. You know I can fix it pretty easily. I can even coax more speed out of it. You know, before you go buy a future boat anchor."

On the topic of Amelia Hargrove, Ecks chokes at Victor's accusation. "Hey now, I'm the one emotionally beset with Nathaniel's arrival. And I was just making Isis comfortable. I mean how awkward that whole thing was? And notice she never disagreed with my statement. Nuff said." he says with a small grin to Vic.

Victor's cheap shot at Ecks' expense makes him reconsider open-hand slapping Victor.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:36 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:Victor mentions Mad Haven and the desire to avoid it. Ecks was still very interested in the place. Highly lethal but there is now a burning curiosity about those ruins. "Well, I'm betting no one wants to go back, but I can't help but say I'd like to go back sometime. I don't know. It's sad, overwhelmingly so, but there are a lot of questions I have. Probably best we don't though." he says in a rare moment of openness, no doubt due to their longtime familiarity with one another.

Victor responds to Ecks' mention of jetpacks. Victor layout his plan including that of purchasing something from Naruni. Ecks envisions open-hand slapping the PA pilot back into sensibility but resists the urge to carry it out. "I wouldn't buy a can of beanie weenies from them, let alone anything my life depends on. Come on man, hometown pride! None of that Naruni junk." he says, shaking his head knowing it's a battle he won't win, having had it before. Ecks rubs his eyes under his sunglasses. "I appreciate the offer though. You know I can fix it pretty easily. I can even coax more speed out of it. You know, before you go buy a future boat anchor."

On the topic of Amelia Hargrove, Ecks chokes at Victor's accusation. "Hey now, I'm the one emotionally beset with Nathaniel's arrival. And I was just making Isis comfortable. I mean how awkward that whole thing was? And notice she never disagreed with my statement. Nuff said." he says with a small grin to Vic.

Victor's cheap shot at Ecks' expense makes him reconsider open-hand slapping Victor.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You hate Naruni. But you can't argue with the effectiveness of their stuff. No one else makes a jet pack that is faster then a SAMAS ya' know. Anyways, other then that, their force fields and vibro weapons, I'm not interested in their other gear. Well, except this suit of body armor that someone sent to me by mistake. But hey, it was paid for in advance, so may as well keep it.". Victor stops to adjust the new armor a bit, "Still getting used to it though.".

After Ecks mentions the goddess, Victor shakes his head, "Man, only you could insult a diety like that. I guess it turned out ok though, she didn't smite you after all.". Victor sighs and he seems to zone out for a moment, "I need to find a woman, no doubt there. Your lucky to have someone.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:31 am

((rolls carried))

"Man, only you could insult a diety like that. I guess it turned out ok though, she didn't smite you after all."
Ecks feigns shock. "Insult? I'm quite the catch." he says, smoothing his Northern Gun t-shirt and adjusting his jacket.

"But yeah, I'll work on what you got, even if it's a hair dryer you want to strap to your back. Of course the hair dryer is more reliable than Naruni gear, so there's that working for it." he says with complete sincerity.

Once he hears from the sales rep about trading the Wilks 1000 for a JA12, Ecks waves to Victor. "I'll see you at the Sphinx and Unicorn."

He and Anna take off on the hovercycle for the Mystic Quarter.

>>Mystic Quarter/Sphinx and Unicorn
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:15 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:
"Man, only you could insult a diety like that. I guess it turned out ok though, she didn't smite you after all."
Ecks feigns shock. "Insult? I'm quite the catch." he says, smoothing his Northern Gun t-shirt and adjusting his jacket.

"But yeah, I'll work on what you got, even if it's a hair dryer you want to strap to your back. Of course the hair dryer is more reliable than Naruni gear, so there's that working for it." he says with complete sincerity.

Once he hears from the sales rep about trading the Wilks 1000 for a JA12, Ecks waves to Victor. "I'll see you at the Sphinx and Unicorn."

He and Anna take off on the hovercycle for the Mystic Quarter.

>>Mystic Quarter/Sphinx and Unicorn

"Alright man, see ya' there!", Victor waves to Ecks as he heads out.

Once Victor's shopping is done here, he too moves on to the Sphinx and Unicorn in his newly bought and converted ride.

The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio