Northern Gun Store (108)

Weapons Vendors from everywhere sell their wares here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Northern Gun Store (108)

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 am

An official retailer of the Ishpeming manufacturer, this store sells all of the weapons, armor, vehicles and equipment made by Northern Gun. Prices are identical to the market cost, and only those who buy in bulk (a hundred or more units, or with a total in excess of 20 million credits) receive any kind of discount and even then it's only 5-10%. NG is stenciled in 15' high letters on the garage doors right of the pedestrian entrance and showroom. Behind the showroom glass you see the innumerable weapons, gear, and vehicles that have made Northern Gun the largest weapons manufacturer in North America. Around the showroom, large ceiling mounted view screens show NG products in action.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Northern Gun Store (108)

Postby Drake » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:32 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 89
Conditions: None.

Drake looks around the shop for a few long minutes, outwardly gawking at the items on the shelves and display cases. I feel like a tourist. Drake shakes his head and makes his way to the clothing section of the store and peruses the wares there. I need a new coat and I need a sturdy pair of pants. Drake smiles when he finds the Streetwolf line of clothes. This out to do. Drake picks a pair of pants that look the right size and a long coat from the rack and approaches the counter. "I'd like to purchase these please."

Shopping List
Armored M.D.C. Sharp Duster/Long Coat (Northern Gun 2 pg 42/ 9,500 credits)
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants (Northern Gun 2 pg 43/ 3,000 credits)
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryu Goryo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:59 pm

The salesman beams at Drake as he makes his request "But of course sir, and a fine choice you've made today. If you would like to try them on for size prior to purchase, we have dressing rooms in the back to the left. Also if you haven't already considered it, might I interest you in a protective helmet to go with your selection? We carry them with a fine assortment of optional additions to help keep you safe!" even as he asks he promptly rings up the total for Drake's desired purchases, ready to process the transaction of Drake shows a lack of interest, clearly not wanting to loose a sale.
ImageImage
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master

Postby Drake » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 22
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 39
Conditions: None

Drake sighs at the salesman's spiel. "No thank you, these two items will do it for me." Drake hands the salesman his credit card (Secure Universal Card) Drake takes his purchases and heads out the door.

<<The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)>>
Last edited by Drake on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Damon Clau » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 56, 1d20 = 9, 1d6 = 5

Damon strolls in eyes widening at the display of human ingenuity on display. Watching the video showcasing the mock battle Damon is clearly amused. “Gotta love the GBK and Samson. Badass pieces of hardware they are. Sadly they are a bit large. The Prophet is a more effective system. Their twitch level defenses are more effective at mitigating enemy numbers and their smaller size allows for the more effective use of cover. Increased firepower will only get you so far. Damon Clau, by the way, I'm looking to purchase functional armor that I can wear, while operating a NG-X67."

((looking at the Huntsman’s Choice Armored Clothing NG2 pg 40 & 41.
Gloves, 800 credits
Track Boots, 1,200 credits
MH-550, 3,500 credits
Total: 5,500 credits
))
Damon Clau

Postby Major Arcana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:07 pm

The salesman is quick and efficient. He points Damon to the exact items he is looking for, even though he was not aware of what he truly wanted. The salesman is quick to make a sale. Once Damon has paid for purchases, the salesman smiles and says ”Thanks for shopping with Norther Gun. Have a nice day.”

(Credits deducted and items added to character sheet. Please allocate items as appropriate.)
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Damon Clau » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 56, 1d20 = 5, 1d6 = 3

Major Arcana wrote:The salesman is quick and efficient. He points Damon to the exact items he is looking for, even though he was not aware of what he truly wanted. The salesman is quick to make a sale. Once Damon has paid for purchases, the salesman smiles and says ”Thanks for shopping with Norther Gun. Have a nice day.”

Damon takes advantage of the changing room to make sure he’s properly fitted and when thats done to get changed. He unpacks and repacks his backpack to make room for his old BDU’s and boots, after a quick cleanup of them of course.

Thanking the salesman one last time Damon heads out to find ‘The Haunt’ and meet the spook squad.

<<The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)>>
Damon Clau

Postby Nero » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
J.I.C: 1d20 = 20|1d100 = 52

Zelda gingerly walks into NG showroom, spry as a calf slipping out of a castrating band. Sporting a slightly entertained grimace she looks around the store. "My oh my, I do declare! See I'm going on a little foreign relief mission here pretty soon, just a hop skip and a jump - but folks in south cali apparently got themselves what I like to call a severe case of oxygen deficiency - and I do plan on oxidating every last goat-suckin', non-human, deevil-worshippin' sum' bitch."

Obviously entertained by her morbid attempt at humor, she walks around a bit eyeing the merchandise - new to the whole concept of 'free-market', she really is having quite the issue going without the standard-issue. Usually when she had a need, she just filed a petition and sooner or later it was there.

Stopping by the armored clothing section she raises an eye-brow, "Think you can custom order these? I need em' in red and black - with a lil' flame symbol."

Moving on, she peeks at the various ride armors and side-arms - content on buying the bluntest, most obnoxious, beat-stick in the whole of Merctown.

"Mhmm, yeah I'm gonna need one of these - and several of these sum-bitches," piling mounts of weapons on the table she enthusiastically taps on the counter before dropping a sly grin towards the salesman. "Also, I got me a special request: my enemies, detractors, shrinks and drunks gone to callin' me Nero on the account I burn shit, see? Well I need me a pair of golden vibro-knuckle dusters that read as such - so after I'm done pummeling the stupid out of a sum' bitch his buddies will know who exactly it was that eased the burden of thinkin' for his weary ass!"

Content she made her point, she contorts her face into a slight scowl, "Actually see this here shirt - need several of them too, and before you ask, yes I need the angry face logo or it just ain't gonna be right. Oh and some dog-pack spikes if ya got 'em. And take a gander at this here case." She takes the case off of her back, so gently it might as well be an armed warhead... "I need something about these same dimensions, tough as hell - I mean, I want cudgeling a vanguards skull in quality - you dig? In this here box is the most valuable possession I own."

She then hold a hand to the side of her mouth, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Also, maybe some high-tensile strength water-wings..."

Shopping List
2x NG-B20 Bangstick hammer, 3-round capacity (NG1/P. 206) 3,000 ea.
NG-B50 'Thunderer' BigBore Combat Hammer(NG1/P. 207) 17,000
NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol (NG1/P. 201) 40,000
2x Gross (144 shells ea.), silver-shotgun slugs (Unsure of which book this is in)
2x Gross (144 shells ea.), Big-bore shells (Black market, don't have the page)
3x Streetwolf MDC "Tank" Pants (NG2/P. 43) 6,500 ea.
1x Armored MDC Long Coat (NG2/p. 43) 22,500
3x Shirts, non-mdc
Pair of matching golden (gold-like) vibro-knuckle dusters that read "Nero" - price undefined, perhaps just customized dog-pack spiked vibro-vambraces
Military-grade violin case
Nero
HP: 34/34
S.D.C.: 64/64
I.S.P.: 110/110

Flame Burst
    ☞ M.D.C: 54/54
    ☞ Regeneration: 3d6 M.D. per melee
    ☞ Duration: 6/6 Minutes
    ☞ Damage: 6d6 S.D.C. to anyone or anything touched.

Nero

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm

The NG representative smiles diplomatically as Nero yammers on. "Yes, we can customize those, that can be done,,," the rep agrees to all Nero's requests. He calculates the total. "Let's see with custom stylings the total for the whole list is 165,000 credits. How will you be paying?"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Nero » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:12 am

((rolls held))

Zelda whips out the the payment Baker handed her just moments ago, "Here ya are hoss, mighty kind of ya. Always loved the Ishpeming quality, keepin' it human."

Leaning against the desk she crosses her arms waiting for the order to be processed. A curmudgeonly scowl etched across her face, "Hey you know anywhere that makes instruments? Need a few doohickeys and whatnot, actually forget it I'll find it myself. Although I wouldn't mind getting this gear delivered to my compound, Roughnecks mean anything to you? Nope, well I can probably manage well enough."

After delivery is secured, or in the event she needs to carry everything herself, she'll leave without harassing the employees too much.

Percussion, Brass and Strings
Nero
HP: 34/34
S.D.C.: 64/64
I.S.P.: 110/110

Flame Burst
    ☞ M.D.C: 54/54
    ☞ Regeneration: 3d6 M.D. per melee
    ☞ Duration: 6/6 Minutes
    ☞ Damage: 6d6 S.D.C. to anyone or anything touched.

Nero

Postby Michael Maxwell » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 73

Walking into the store Maxwell stops and sniffs the air. He slowly walks through all the display cases, especially checking the specs on any new items in stock. He slow drifts his way to the armor section flipping through the catalogs he knows what he wants but it never hurt to look.

Too bad I have to buy this, it was standard issue in my old airborne outfit.

Sighing heavily at what brought him to this place. Approaching the counter he grins.

"Hey, looking for some anti-vamp gear and NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Armor. Hope you got it in triple extra large." He taps all his cyber hardware to demonstrate his need for something a little larger.

Keeping his smile on he nods at the computer terminal.

"See if my buddy Federico still has my discount on file. My name's Maxwell."

Other Items on Shopping List:
NG Blue Green Laser Conversion Kit
Michael Maxwell
"I don't kiss asses. I kick them."

Armor:
    - Cyber Armor Main Body - 50/50 (AR 16)
    - CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suit 22 /22
    Power Armor: Custom Roadrunner
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    Vehicle: NG-102W Air Assault Combat System
    - Main Body - 290/290
    Weapon: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 12/12
Michael Maxwell

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:22 pm

"Here's the armor. What anti-vamp stuff are you looking for specifically? Here's our standard kit"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 24
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 63

Wak is impressed as he walks around the Northern Gun showroom, Sweet Spirits these new robots are amazing. If Tolkeen had access to these weapons who knows what could have happened. Maybe they wouldn't have strayed and aligned themselves with evil? Wak shakes off old memories and continues with his shopping. When he sees Max he says, "Hey Max, just picking up a few things for the next mission. I am grabbing a few underwater EBAs some u/w weapons and a submersible hovercycle. As you are here, I might as well give you this." He hands him a 500k unsecured universal credstick. "I plan on handing these out to each member of the team. I'll explain where they came from later." After perusing the entire store, twice, he approaches a salesperson. "Good day my friend, I would like to purchase a few things for my team, then maybe a few things for myself. First, I want:

(3) suits of Aquatic Mud Skipper EBA (NG 2, page 54);
(3) NG-P67 Particle Beam Short Gun (NG 2, page 66);
(3) NG-M100 Multi-Weapon u/w Rifle (w/ (3) extra torpedo magazines)(NG 2, page 66-67); and
(1) NG-SU600 Wave Cutter (electric version) (NG 2, page 173-75)"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 50/111
H.P.: 69/69
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 80/80 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 68, Upper Legs: 20 each, Forearms: 15 each, Shoulders: 13 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 20 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Michael Maxwell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 pm

((rolls held))

Wakiza wrote:When he sees Max he says, "Hey Max, just picking up a few things for the next mission. I am grabbing a few underwater EBAs some u/w weapons and a submersible hovercycle. As you are here, I might as well give you this." He hands him a 500k unsecured universal credstick. "I plan on handing these out to each member of the team. I'll explain where they came from later."

Free money is never free, but what the hell.

Taking the credit stick with shrug Maxwell deposits it in his utility belt.

"Thanks man, when it comes to cash I'm a don't ask don't tell kind of guy."

Maxwell hangs around and helps Wak pick out gear for their upcoming mission. Spending other people's money is fun.
Michael Maxwell

Armor:
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    - Main Body - 290/290
Michael Maxwell

Postby SNAFU » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:23 am

Wakiza wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+10 = 24
JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 14 Original post: 1d100 = 63

Wak is impressed as he walks around the Northern Gun showroom, Sweet Spirits these new robots are amazing. If Tolkeen had access to these weapons who knows what could have happened. Maybe they wouldn't have strayed and aligned themselves with evil? Wak shakes off old memories and continues with his shopping. When he sees Max he says, "Hey Max, just picking up a few things for the next mission. I am grabbing a few underwater EBAs some u/w weapons and a submersible hovercycle. As you are here, I might as well give you this." He hands him a 500k unsecured universal credstick. "I plan on handing these out to each member of the team. I'll explain where they came from later." After perusing the entire store, twice, he approaches a salesperson. "Good day my friend, I would like to purchase a few things for my team, then maybe a few things for myself. First, I want:

(3) suits of Aquatic Mud Skipper EBA (NG 2, page 54);
(3) NG-P67 Particle Beam Short Gun (NG 2, page 66);
(3) NG-M100 Multi-Weapon u/w Rifle (w/ (3) extra torpedo magazines)(NG 2, page 66-67); and
(1) NG-SU600 Wave Cutter (electric version) (NG 2, page 173-75)"

"Donesky, 750,000 for the lot. Come again!"
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Rolls as above

Wak nods and says, "Excellent, now I would like to pick up a few personal items." I could use a couple sets of nice clothes made out of this new material. "Hmmm, how about a few, make it three very high quality tailored suits, gray, black and navy, a couple pairs of Combat Pants fatigues, an (2) combat trench coats." (NG 2 pg 43.) "And that will probably do it."
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 68, Upper Legs: 20 each, Forearms: 15 each, Shoulders: 13 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 20 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Wakiza wrote:Rolls as above

Wak nods and says, "Excellent, now I would like to pick up a few personal items." I could use a couple sets of nice clothes made out of this new material. "Hmmm, how about a few, make it three very high quality tailored suits, gray, black and navy, a couple pairs of Combat Pants fatigues, an (2) combat trench coats." (NG 2 pg 43.) "And that will probably do it."

"60, 000 and Double Donesky."
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Rolls as above

Wakiza nods his head and says, "Very good, thanks for your time." Hmm, maybe we should drop this stuff off at the compound before going anywhere else. Wak looks at Max, "Hey Max, give me a hand taking this gear back to the compound? We might as well check in and get some grub. Maybe even a drink or two, what do you think?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Michael Maxwell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:48 pm

((rolls held))

"Yeah, I can help lug the stuff. Especially since you added food and drink to the deal. Anything but whiskey." Pausing a moment he rubs his day old stubble. "Well I could be convinced."

Gathering up whatever they are allowed to carry Maxwell follows Wakiza back to the compound.

((Roughnecks Compound))
Michael Maxwell

Armor:
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    - Main Body - 290/290
Michael Maxwell

Postby Quinn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 6 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 28 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 31 | 1d20 = 14

It wasn't long into her trip through the bazaar that Quinn came to the NG store. By the time the salesman caught up to her and the canine shaped drone next to her, Quinn's attention was already on the variety of armors on display.

"Oh, hello!" That affable smile of hers makes it's appearance, even making it to her eyes briefly. Maybe it was a man in a suit. Regardless Quinn's attention turns back to the displays. "A lot more 'solutions' than I remember seeing in Ishpeming back with Papa. That was a few years ago though."

Turing so her back is to the display of Huntsman's Choice Fatigues, she gives the salesman her full attention this now. "Thing is, after a trek through the swamp mostly on foot to get to MercTown I'm a bit short on funds and even shorter on armor. I'm a drone pilot though, so don't need much." Offhanded, or perhaps for a bit of emphasis, Quinn places a hand on Trinity's head prompting the k-9 drone to sit.

"I'm looking to start relationships here though. And from the looks of it you have a lot to offer." She lets that hang in the air a moment before following up. "A nice selection of drones...of armor. That in mind, these aren't too much are they? I've got..." Quinn points out the fatigues (MH-500 Armored Huntsman's Choice Fatigues, Northern Gun 2 p41.) she's in front of before pulling out a pair of cards. "1300 in UC and I think 2900 in Black. What can you do for me, so I have enough to live on a few days while I get work?"

Charm/Impress (60%) 1d100 = 98
Invoke Trust (60%) 1d100 = 3
Seduction (53%) 1d100 = 57
Quinn

Postby Major Arcana » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:17 pm

The Northern Gun Salesman is quick to notice Quinn walk into the store, moving to greet her. "Hello, and welcome to Northern Gun, what can I help you with today?"

Quinn wrote:"Oh, hello!" That affable smile of hers makes it's appearance, even making it to her eyes briefly. Maybe it was a man in a suit. Regardless Quinn's attention turns back to the displays. "A lot more 'solutions' than I remember seeing in Ishpeming back with Papa. That was a few years ago though."

"Aye, we have grown as a store quite quickly, and we have many suits of armor that would be more than fitting for a lady of your stature."

Quinn wrote:"Thing is, after a trek through the swamp mostly on foot to get to MercTown I'm a bit short on funds and even shorter on armor. I'm a drone pilot though, so don't need much.

The clerk nods and listens to her as she continues and smiles. "Yes, we as Northern Gun do have a lot to offer.." he pauses and mulls over her request before answering "I trust you, Miss, with that being said I can part with those Fatigues for 1k, the standing price is 1,500. When it comes to work, I'd recommend Fixer, down in the Market Cafe, or we could find you temporary work here, I am sure. The ladder would also be a fine way to start a mutually beneficial relationship with our Northern Gun Store. Thoughts?" He finishes, clasping his hands.
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Quinn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 20 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 12 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 30 | 1d20 = 15

Though it wouldn't show on her face, Quinn was mentally chiding herself for what felt like a boorish and heavy handed failure. Still, he came down in price. And the work offer.

"For certain I'll take the fatigues." And to that effect Quinn holds out the UC card with the 1300 balance. "I've no right to be picky, so if you'll just show me a dressing room and bring them by.

If they lead she follows, continuing the conversation without much loss of pace. Otherwise saying her piece watching their reaction. "As for your other offer...I have something else I need to pick up, mind if I think on it while I do? I'll have an answer before the day's close."
Quinn

Postby Major Arcana » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 pm

((CS Equipment Sheet Updated))

The Clerk recovers the Fatigues from the display and takes her UC. He'll move to a register and run the credits, giving her a record of purchase and then leads Quinn to a dressing room while conversing. "Think on it as needed. We're damn near a 24hr store, so just let us know. I'll be here for a few more hours, if you aren't back by then I'll leave a memo with the crew." He finishes as they arrive at a dressing room door, he holds it open and allows her time enter, closing it behind her.
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Quinn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 9 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 10 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 97 | 1d20 = 17

With Trinity sitting outside the door she changes quickly and stows the old ones in her pack. Out of habit she uses the Drone Control Unit to have a look outside the changing room while she does. Finishing, she comes out with it cinched where she can so she's not entirely a singularly hued blob.

"Thank you again, I don't expect this last one will take long." And with a brief wave she was out the door with the drone on her heels. (Destination: Outrider Armaments (120))
Quinn

Postby Quinn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 5 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 11 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 21 | 1d20 = 13

Upon entering the storefront again, Quinn immediately tries to find the salesman she spoke with earlier. Barring that, she'll bring up the offer of temporary work in hopes he left a memo as he mentioned.

"By the way, my name is Quinn. I don't think there were proper introductions last time but I would like to accept a previous offer of temporary work if it still stands." This time around she's curt and business like, a brief wave of the hand keeping Trinity a pace behind her and out of the way. "I haven't asked what it would entail yet, though I doubt it's anything I'd object too. Security and drones are my specialty, though I know my way around RPA and a few languages too. Not that I'm above stock or delivery"
Quinn

Postby Major Arcana » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:42 am

The clerk notices her return and waves her down, at her introduction he will nod "Of course, I see so many people, names become almost meaningless. I apologize, my name is Russel Siebert, at your service." He pauses and lets her continue, as she finishes he will state "Ah, yes. Depending on the type of job you wish with us. Different jobs have different rewards, none of which will be discussed in the storefront. If you wish to have more information, follow me."

Assuming she follows him, he will lead her to through a set of doorways that pass through an inconspicuous hallway through another set of doorways, after passing through the threshold, his demeanor changes. "Now then, miss Quinn. You are new to Merctown, which is all well and good. But when you start looking for friends, understand you will begin building enemies. This town thrives on the freedoms found almost no where else, there are parts of this town the Defenders don't even venture too unless the situation is dire." He pauses briefly before continuing "What sort of friendship are you looking for. Are you looking to be a courier, or are you looking to be an informant? And when are you looking to start?"
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Quinn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:15 am

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 4 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 12 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 4 | 1d20 = 10

Quinn follows without much issue, Trinity between the pair of them. A demeanor change was expected, but how quickly it came once out of the hallway makes her briefly question what she just walked through. It also has her choosing her words carefully. "Enemies are to be expected, even if I'd prefer they never knew I existed. What sort of enemies would making friends with Northern Gun get me? Wellington I'd expect, given the Samson display out front." Even she's heard rumors about the Warrens so doesn't bother asking about where the Defenders avoid.

When the conversation moves towards what sort of friendship and work she starts listening keenly and paying less mind to their surroundings. "I'll admit, information is king. I assumed that sort of work was beyond my reach just starting out. Courier work builds trust on your end...lets me see what sort of organization I'm working with on mine. As for when...an initial job before I find a mercenary group could only be beneficial to of us, so I'd say immediately."
Quinn

Postby Major Arcana » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Russel nods "Not necessarily Wellington, but it is common for one to anger others for work they do. We don't have any immediate jobs, but here is what I can do. Until you get signed on with whatever you are looking for, and since you are new in town, I'll provide 1 days Room and Board at a local hotel. You'll have to pay for any further days, consider it a gesture of good faith."

He hands her a slip of paper showing her reservations and a contact number for this Northern Gun Store, along with an extension #412, assuming she has no questions he escorts her out of the room.

((Her room is at Emma's Boarding House in the warrens. Not the plaza but a small undisturbed hotel regardless. As Archie has gotten back to you, I'll conclude my modding and let him pull you to EI. If you need to do anything else in Merctown that is not a contract, I can help with that but have your Character free for the pull))
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Quinn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Quinn's Perception: 1d20+3 = 7 (+5 vs Tech)
Trinity's Perception: 1d20+8 = 13 (+3 at Night)
JIC: 1d100 = 55 | 1d20 = 9

Quinn accepts the offer, and the number. Without any other questions she takes her leave for the day. With some hours still left to burn she takes to the city for now and worries about checking in at the hotel later.

(Nope. Nothing left to do. So leaving it ambiguous for the same reason.)
Quinn

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 29%
Dressed in civilian clothes (except the NG stalker suit he wears beneath his clothes) and leaving all his weapons behind, Beltin enters the massive store with Marit on his arm. "This is Northern Gun," he begins to explain to his wife, "they are a well-known weapons manufacturer here in North America. But we are not here today to buy weapons or armor... rather transportation."

Beltin walks Marit past the glorified combat section and towards the vehicles. After perusing a while (with our without a pushy salesperson assisting), Beltin will make some purchases. The goal is to acquire some vehicles for common-day use to and from the Haven within the city. No weapons systems, ease-of-use a higher priority than performance or MDC. Since he is shopping for the entire squad, Beltin will ask about any sort of bulk/package deals for buying multiples.

Shopping List: ((I apologize in advance for not having my books on hand while writing this post... so going from memory))
(x6) City Bike motorcycle (NG 2. electric. 19k each)
(x2) Speedster hovercycle (cheaper one with 75 MDC. NG 2.)
(x2) His and Hers pedal bicycles if they have them (presumably made from lightweight material and/or collapsible for transport. Not really sure where to base the price... maybe Dinosaur Swamp? If they don't have them, that is okay. Remove from list.)
Beltin Delhomme - H4H's psychic Swiss-army knife | Explorer Points

Status
    -N-F20A Medium Force Field [off] (75/75 MDC)
    -NG Stalker Suit (12/12 MDC)
    ISP: 258/258
    SDC: 69/69
    HP: 36/36

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:37 am

The salesman who approaches the couple--his name tape says "Trevor"--is courteous and polite. He's able to quickly demonstrate the latest in "urban innovations in transport" (his terms) from NG, but reluctantly admits that NG's idea of a "bulk order" is an order in the scores of units. He also admits that they do not have NG bicycles at this dealership, but knows of a proprietor in MercTown who does carry them, and offers a pair of his & hers bicycles to "his favorite new customers" (again, his terms) to the couple gratis in order to sweeten the deal and make the reality of what NG considers "bulk" more palatable.

The purchases are scheduled for delivery in a few hours, and will be delivered to Heroes Haven in the Mystic Quarter.
(already stored in garage post @ Haven)

Purchases
(x6) City Bike motorcycle
(x2) Speedster hovercycle (electric, not deluxe)
(x2) His and Hers pedal bicycles gratis
Total: 313,000 credits (already deducted from Secure Universal Card)
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:46 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 22%
Beltin smiles warmly at the polite "Trevor" despite his sales-pitchiness. "Your courteous and polite manner may have secured yourself another sale then. I am Beltin Delhomme of Heroes for Hire and we recently were forced to abandon a fair amount of our equipment in favor of expedited travel back home. As a result, we are in need of re-stocking some general adventuring and wilderness survival equipment. Tents, rations, backpacks, utility belts and whatnot. If I recall correctly, Northern Gun is rather famous for all-in-one survival kits. Let's say the basis of the purchase will be six of those kits. What sort of deal can you give me for stocking supplies for a squad of eight?"

Basic adventuring equipment shopping list:
(x6) All-in-one Survival Kit ((NG2 Adventuring equipment))
(x400) Assorted flavor MREs
(x8) Overland backpack + All-in-one utility belt combination ((SDC version)) ((NG2 Adventuring equipment))
(x3) Vibro-chainsaws for clearing brush ((Juicer Uprising I think?))
Storage solution for how to secure these things inside an APC... ie. webbing/shelves

Should Trevor showcase some of the new adventuring equipment in NG's product line ((NG 2 Adventuring Gear)), Beltin's curiosity will be obviously peaked. He will engage deeply in asking about the specifics of the capabilities espoused for particular products. Of high interest for Beltin will be ((in order of priority most to least)): the HUD glasses/sunglasses, sentry alarm system and whether they have any remote fliers for overhead surveillance ((robot camera drone like that described in the Enforcer PA section... sorry don't have page numbers again. No book)). The young mind melter is hopeful that since they all come from the same manufacturer, they will be able to communicate with each other and that the HUD glasses can easily display the video feed from either the alarm system or flying drone.

Status

Constant effects
Sixth Sense, Radiate Nature [focused], Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (900 ft, 90%... 1900 ft when supernatural force is using supernatural abilities and/or magic)

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

The salesman's happy to demonstrate the "Overland" line of survival gear, and gives Beltin a modest discount on the belts as part of a combination purchase with the backpacks. However, he looks honestly crestfallen that he cannot help Beltin with his need for chainsaws, so throws in the storage straps and webbing for free, and recommends to Beltin two nearby outfitters where he can procure these items.

(x6) NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack--14,400
(x400) Assorted flavor MREs--2,000
(x8) Overland Harness and Frame Backpack--5,600
(x8) All-in-One Utility Belt--2,800
Assorted stowage webbing & secure straps--complimentary
Total: 24,800 credits (already deducted from Secure Universal Card)

The purchases are scheduled for delivery in a few hours, and will be delivered to Heroes Haven in the Mystic Quarter.
(already stored in garage post @ Haven)

Recommendations for clearing underbrush
(x3) Chainsaws--3,000 total; available at Babcock & Sons (46) or Wilderness Equipment Outlet (95) [both in the Spokes]
(x3) WI-C8 Close Combat Weapon System--90,000 total; these babies are intended for use by Juicers as intimidating melee weapons; available at Wellington Industries Outlet (109) [Arms Bazaar]
Augur
Admin

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue May 19, 2015 4:13 am

Perception: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 73%
"Thank you for the recommendations, perhaps I will put them off to a later date." Beltin says to the salesperson with a smile. The young mind melter expresses his appreciation for the courteous service and excuses both himself and Marit.

To his wife, he says, "Now, you said something about trying out a restaurant? Let's go see what we can find." Beltin offers his arm like a teacup handle and if she accepts, they leave the store arm-in-arm beginning a leisurely walk.

After window-shopping some eateries, Beltin suggests that for her first experience, they eat somewhere middle-of-the-road. Going to a place that is reasonably priced and values quality of food over ambiance.

((The Spokes - The Oasis (66)))

Status

Constant effects

Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rufus » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 23

Merchant of Death wrote:NG is stenciled in 15' high letters on the garage doors right of the pedestrian entrance and showroom. Behind the showroom glass you see the innumerable weapons, gear, and vehicles that have made Northern Gun the largest weapons manufacturer in North America. Around the showroom, large ceiling mounted viewscreens show NG products in action, a trio of NG-X9 Samson PA's and two GBK's locked in a firefight with a group of Brodkil in front of a town where guards in (is that Wellington armor? and Yellow to boot?) seem to be cowering atop a rickety wall and silently pleading their NG-equipped protectors to save them.

A salesman in a perfectly tailored black suit greets you as you enter. "If you have a need, NG has a solution! What are you looking for today?"

Rufus pulls into a parking spot outside the building and secures it before strolling nonchalantly in through the door. He doesn't take a direct route to the counter, but rather allows himself a few minutes to take in the sights of all the merchandise -- not to mention the rather blatantly obvious visual propaganda flickering across the various viewscreens. Rufus can't help but chuckle.

When the salesman accosts him, he looks up with a ready nod and his best winning smile. "Why yes, I do indeed have a need and I trust NG has the solution. I'm about to head out into the field -- as in, WAY out into the field -- and I'm a little unsure as to what to expect in terms of accommodations. My kinfolk don't mind roughing it, but I prefer to de-emphasize the 'roughing' part just a bit myself. I met up with this fella on my way here who said he swore by this survival pack NG makes that contains a tent, sleeping bag, first-aid kit and a bunch of other items and that seems like it'd fit the bill quite nicely. If you have one of those packs in stock I'd be interested in putting my money where his mouth is."

Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 55/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 91/25%

((Well that could have gone better...))
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cook » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 pm

The salesman smiles "Well sir we do indeed carry those in stock. I'm not sure how well they work for your kind but as long as your needs are similar to that of a human then it should do quite nicely for you." he explains in his best salesman voice. "It's call the NG-S2 Basic Survival pack and it's one of our top sellers especially among travellers and mercenaries. It comes complete with a tent, sleeping bag, flashlight, pocket knife, compass, emergency short range radio, survival kit that includes flares, snares and a basic first aid kit. It also includes some basic climbing gear, a bar of soap, washcloth and a canteen and food ration bag. Just about anything you'd need on a trip really. And it's yours for the low price of 3,000 credits."
Captain Cook
Game Master

Postby Rufus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

Captain Cook wrote:The salesman smiles "Well sir we do indeed carry those in stock. I'm not sure how well they work for your kind but as long as your needs are similar to that of a human then it should do quite nicely for you." he explains in his best salesman voice. "It's call the NG-S2 Basic Survival pack and it's one of our top sellers especially among travellers and mercenaries. It comes complete with a tent, sleeping bag, flashlight, pocket knife, compass, emergency short range radio, survival kit that includes flares, snares and a basic first aid kit. It also includes some basic climbing gear, a bar of soap, washcloth and a canteen and food ration bag. Just about anything you'd need on a trip really. And it's yours for the low price of 3,000 credits."

Rufus replies with a shrug and a sly grin as the salesman talks about the survival pack. "I'm a fox of simple needs, moj redu prijatelj -- good food, good drinks, good friends and some voluptuous dancing girls. You know, the usual." He pats his NG-45LP in its holster and adds, "not to mention a good piece of hardware to help protect them all. If I can trust Northern Gun for that last part already, I'm sure I can do the same for a roof over my head when out in the field. I'll take one, prosim..." he pulls out his Templar signing bonus card. "Oh, and please take an extra 100 credits for yourself as my way of saying hvala for your fine service."

Once he's purchased his pack Rufus gets back on his borrowed pod and returns to the Templar homestead.

((Templar Adventure Forum))
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 10 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 46

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Satisfied/Relieved/Curious]

Personal ISP: 43/181

Lahz and Ray [the W9 Droid] walk into the NG showroom and the fellow beams like he's arriving home. When approached by the NG Salesman in a Suit, he offers a smile, "Well hello there friend. I'm an Operator with an interesting Client with a heavy-overhaul restoration project in front of me ... I need a current digital catalog, and I'm looking for a few things for a project of mine ... "

At present Lahz is looking for:

Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat [Grey] -- NG Book 2 Pg 42, 7,500creds
Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat [Black] -- NG Book 2 Pg 42, 7,500creds
[4] Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman's Choice Fatigues -- NG Book 2 Pg 41, 7,500creds
[10] Head-Cam Upgrade Option [Not installed, Can record 120 hours video] -- NG Book 2 Pg 41, 2,500creds
[2?] Universal Energy Link [Not installed] -- NG Book 2 Pg 92 & 144, 150k INSTALLED (Not sure of cost if Not-Installed)
[10] Waterproof Bag -- MercOps Book Pg 115, 150creds
[10] Black Ball Spraypaint -- MercOps Book Pg 116, 1,200creds
[4] Weapon Repair Kit -- MercOps Book Pg 118, 500creds
[4] Heads-Up Display Glasses -- NG Book 2 Pg 252, 1,000creds
[2] Bionic Thigh-Holster -- NG Book 2 Pg 92, 2,000creds

[2?] Bionic Weapon Link to Power Supply [Not installed] -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 95, 18,000creds
[6] Bionic Shoulder Turret -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 93, 20,000creds
[2] Heavy Ion Blaster -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 94, 40,000creds
[2] Heavy Laser Blaster -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 94, 40,000creds

OOC: I am including the items from the Bionics Book because NG Manufacturing is so wideranging . I can go elsewhere but Lahz like NG gear generally so I thought I'd check.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Major Arcana » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:02 pm

When Lahz enters the shop he sees it bustling with activity and seems confident NG hasn't lost their touch. He is approached before he can make it to the first display stand by a human male who appears to be in his late twenties, wearing some form of jumpsuit with the NG Logo attached.
"Welcome to Northern Gun Technologies! I am William, how can I assist you today?"
Lahz wrote:"Well hello there friend. I'm an Operator with an interesting Client with a heavy-overhaul restoration project in front of me ... I need a current digital catalog, and I'm looking for a few things for a project of mine ... "

The attendant clasps his hands together with a smile and states "Wonderful, we at Northern Gun offer a wide supply of various resources that could prove priceless in such endeavors! Come this way!" He states, waiving his hand forward as he approaches one of the many computer stations for customer use. "This has our in-store listing and prices along with what Northern Gun offers altogether. If you find there is something that Northern Gun sells that is not being carried, we can have it delivered from one of our main branches." The attendant states and then gives the customer a moment before adding "What in specific are you looking for and for what sort of project? We may be able to recommend some things to assist you."

Assuming Lahz gives the attendant his list, the attendant will nod "Our stores has a wide variety of that available on hand, I need to double check in regards to some of the bionic components. Please excuse me to check." The attendant states and will rush away.

OOC Note: At present, the attendant has confirmed that everything from the NG books are available in the store minus the Bionic Thigh-Holster. The items from the MercOps books and the Bionic components he is double checking.
Major Arcana
Game Master

Postby Lahz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:08 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 17 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 66

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 90%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Radiate Nature [Satisfied/Relieved/Curious]

Personal ISP: 43/181 [-2 ISP]

Lahz offers William a handshake, "Nice to meet you William. Ray say Hi to William ... Well I need to get a new NGMCE Card, I'll be starting with some basic Armor Plating, and a Level 1 Design and Diagnostics Simulation Computer System. Eventually I'm going to need to do a Robotics Shopkit and Robotics Labkit ... but those are going to be a bit further down the road. I'm also considering converting a couple Floater-Cameras, you know the ones they released in 107 P.A. ... and adding a couple articulated arms for remote ordinance disposal ... " The Psi-Tech will just call up some specs and figures from the 108 P.A. [-2 ISP] so that he can show that he's competent.

To add to Shopping List :mrgreen: :
NGMCE Card -- Offers a 10% Discount In-Store
[5] MD Armor Plating -- MercOps Book Pg 118, 20,000creds
[1] Design and Diagnostics Simulation Computer System (DISCUS Computer System) -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 69, 300k

OOC: No problem, just get me a list of what is available and corresponding prices. I'm just considering getting the Catalog uploaded to Ray so that I can send him to purchase things remotely.
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:27 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 5
Charm/Impress ☞ 60% / 1d100 = 72
Invoke Trust/Intimidate ☞ 40% / 1d100 = 46

Jez strides onto the showroom floor like she owns the place. Hells, maybe I could own the place with all the damn gear Titan let us off with. She's straight from the trail, so is dusty and sweaty like she's been living inside a robot for a couple days...which is accurate. The first person who looks like they might work there will get a loud, abrasive earful "Who in the hells do I have to bribe to get a stiff, cold drink and talk shop about resale?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:03 am

Jezebel wrote:Jez strides onto the showroom floor like she owns the place. Hells, maybe I could own the place with all the damn gear Titan let us off with. She's straight from the trail, so is dusty and sweaty like she's been living inside a robot for a couple days...which is accurate. The first person who looks like they might work there will get a loud, abrasive earful "Who in the hells do I have to bribe to get a stiff, cold drink and talk shop about resale?"

"Welcome to Northern Gun..." a pretty hostess near the front door says in greeting to Jezebel as she enters and abrasively announces her presence. The Arismal catches a scowl flash across her face as she is sized up by the better dressed female. The hostess is about to open her mouth to say something more, and potentially offensive, when a nearby NG salesman excuses himself from his discussion with a colleague and swoops in for the rescue.

"Certainly, come right in. Please, have a seat in my office over here. My name is Arturo," he says with practiced fluidity. His tone is orders of magnitude more welcoming than the hostess and he exudes a genuine aura that sets Jezebel a bit more at ease. He guides her to a seat at his cubicle and follows up, "What sort of cold beverage are you in the mood for? We have a fully stocked bar in the back and I can get you your drink of choice while I go fetch the manager to discuss resale business." Arturo smiles warmly and jots down whatever drink Jez requests before dutifully heading to the back.

His desk is spartan, decorated with the essentials of any office along with a few pictures of a smiling family. If Jezebel chooses to snoop a little, she can determine from the pictures that he is married to a plain-looking wife, has a young (6ish) son and a drake-like pet the size of a small terrier.

Within a few minutes, he is back with the beverage and a small platter of crackers, cheese and fresh fruit that he sets down in front of the Arismal as he sits down in his chair opposite Jez. "I brought some snacks in case you are a bit famished from your travels. Our sales manager Francis will be with us shortly. But perhaps in the meantime, you could tell me a bit about your adventures and what manner of hardware you are looking to sell. Also, were you looking for trade-in, store credit or universal credits? As you can imagine, we have greater flexibility and can give you better value with a trade-in or store credit."
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:52 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 41
Charm/Impress ☞ 60% / 1d100 = 30 (for clearly persuasive purposes)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate ☞ 40% / 1d100 = 13 (for clearly persuasive purposes)
Barter ☞ 38% / 1d100 = 18 (if required for negotiations)
Language: American ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 96 (in case language gets technical)

Arturo wrote:"We have a fully stocked bar in the back..."

At these words, Jez's mouth salivates. "Bourbon and water on ice...and thank you, Arturo." When Arturo leaves to fetch her drink, she snaps up a few tissues if any are in evidence, and tries to hastily clean up a bit before her returns. When he returns with the refreshments, she helps herself to a slow, contented draw from her drink, and follows it up with a piece of fruit which she will eat slowly and savoringly while they talk business.

"I just returned from the field. We were in some remote wilderness west of here if I recall correctly. Anyway, suffice it to say I'm skilled at what I do, and so my gear is in good repair." When asked for particulars, she will jot down a list and expand upon details as requested.

Resale List
  • NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor
    "Wore it out in the field once, but didn't even see any action. So other than smelling like a fresh-showered woman, it's like new."
  • Glitter Boy Power Armor
    "Let's just say I convinced the guy inside this bad-boy to get out of it. I gathered from the previous owner that it has seen plenty of action, but it's been well-maintained and repaired."
  • Atorian Variable Sonic Rifle
    "I might be willing to let go of this rifle, but the offer would have to be pretty sweet as it has sentimental value, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing like it on this world."

Arturo wrote:"Also, were you looking for trade-in, store credit or universal credits? As you can imagine, we have greater flexibility and can give you better value with a trade-in or store credit."

Jez considers this while finishing her drink and taking another bite of fruit. "You know, honestly, I'm not sure. Would the manager be able to mix that up? I might want some store credit and some credits to blow later." She spits a pit across the room in a flawless trajectory into whatever trash receptacle is available. "A girl's gotta buy her some pretties, you know."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Arturo nods at Jez's description of what she has for sale. The consummate salesman, he is warm smiles and does nothing to reveal his hand and refers the hard decisions to the manager that has yet to arrive. "A shame the Gladius did not suit your needs. We do fairly well on the secondary market with those units, so I'd imagine Francis will be generous in his offer. The value of the glitterboy will require our techs to take a look at the suit. As you likely know, there is a lot of symbolism behind those units. And even though we do not carry them in our inventory they also tend to do fairly well on the resale market." Arturo pauses as he considers the last item on the offering table before he leans in conspiratorially, "If I were you, I would just hold onto the rifle. Even though it sounds like it is of alien origin... since I don't recognize the maker... Unless you came across a crate filled with a few dozen of them, you will not get good value on the sale. It simply isn't worth our R&D to reverse-engineer unless they have numerous duplicates to 'test'. We won't even mention that when Francis comes up."

Having established a positive rapport with Jez, she feels comfortable with Arturo and genuinely thinks that he is on her side. As if choreographed, it is during this time of peak bonding with the NG salesman when the manager comes in. "Hello there. I'm Francis. I got held up finalizing another sale. But I hear that you are looking to sell some hardware?" Francis exchanges glances with Arturo, "Has Arturo explained to you our sales policies and how you would be able to maximize your value if you accepted payment as either a trade-in or for store credit?" The manager captures a nod from the salesman.

It is at this point that Arturo actually vacates his seat and Francis takes it, sitting opposite Jezebel. Arturo passively stands to the side and slightly behind Jezebel, seemingly showing the customer his support as they tangle against the manager together.

"So... a used Gladius and Glitterboy, huh." Francis begins, adopting a troubled tone to his voice.

"Like-new Gladius." Arturo interjects on Jez's behalf.

"Hmm, yes. Well, my mistake." Francis admits while jotting some things down.

"Standard practice is for us to have a look at the suits with one of our techs before we make the purchase. Do you mind if we get Defenders on the phone and you authorize one of our techs to evaluate your suits?" Assuming Jez acquiesces, Francis makes the call, puts Jez on when the authorization is required and conducts business matter-of-factly. He pulls out a calculator and crunches some numbers while accessing Arturo's computer console to reference technical specs for the two PAs on the offering block.

After about 5 minutes, he give Jezebel his initial assessment. "Assuming the condition of the two suits are as you say... I am prepared to offer you: 60k store credit or 40k universal credits for the Gladius and... 6 million store credit or 3.25 million universal credits for the glitterboy."

"Oh, come now Francis, you MUST be able to do better than that," Arturo offers helpfully.

With pursed lips, Francis accedes, "Okay... I am willing to go up to 80k store credit for the Gladius. But am unwilling to budge on the glitterboy until we get the assessment of the unit from the techs. I'm sorry, but I've been burned in the past. Some of those glitterboys that come in for resale are so banged up that they take too much to restore for sale on the secondary market."
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Lahz wrote:Lahz offers William a handshake, "Nice to meet you William. Ray say Hi to William ... Well I need to get a new NGMCE Card, I'll be starting with some basic Armor Plating, and a Level 1 Design and Diagnostics Simulation Computer System. Eventually I'm going to need to do a Robotics Shopkit and Robotics Labkit ... but those are going to be a bit further down the road. I'm also considering converting a couple Floater-Cameras, you know the ones they released in 107 P.A. ... and adding a couple articulated arms for remote ordinance disposal ... " The Psi-Tech will just call up some specs and figures from the 108 P.A. [-2 ISP] so that he can show that he's competent.

To add to Shopping List;
NGMCE Card -- Offers a 10% Discount In-Store
[1] Design and Diagnostics Simulation Computer System (DISCUS Computer System) -- Bionics Sourcebook Pg 69, 300k

William returns promptly and listens to the Psi-Tech and nods along. "I have confirmed that all I have in stock is the products I already pointed out. These other ones are off-brands and can be ordered and brought to the store for pick-up if desired. The NGCME can be renewed however the renewal price and the courses must be repaid and retaken. The renewal price is 20k and there is a 40hr course that must be completed that is proctored by us." He pauses a moment then continues "If I may, you could have your bot download the catalog, complete the required course and then take advantage of discount it provides." He listens to the Psi-Tech talk constraints about armor plating and diagnostic systems and nods along.

"You certainly know your stuff, do you want to go ahead and purchase what we have in stock, set up the time for the course and order the remaining parts?" William asks and waits patiently for the Psi-Tech to respond with a well-to-do smile.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 2+2=4 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 66

Personal ISP: 41/181

Lahz laughs, "Damn I thought they'd keep the MercTown outlet better stocked. I've passed the Test a few times in the past so I don't know if I'll need a 40 hour course. But I'm glad to purchase the current study materials to review. Then I can knock out the test next time ... unless you guys are going to be administering a test today. I can probably do one based on the info from 2 years ago ... Hey Ray ... download that catalog so we can call in orders will ya? ... Ok, so I'll take what we've got onhand ... what's our pricetag looking like?"

Lahz's Shopping List: wrote:Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat [Grey] -- NG Book 2 Pg 42, 7,500creds
[10] Head-Cam Upgrade Option [Not installed, Can record 120 hours video] -- NG Book 2 Pg 41, 2,500creds
[2?] Universal Energy Link [Not installed] -- NG Book 2 Pg 92 & 144, 150k INSTALLED (Not sure of cost if Not-Installed)
NGMCE Card -- 40,000 -- Offers a 10% Discount In-Store
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 am

Lucid Dreams wrote:With pursed lips, Francis accedes, "Okay... I am willing to go up to 80k store credit for the Gladius. But am unwilling to budge on the glitterboy until we get the assessment of the unit from the techs. I'm sorry, but I've been burned in the past. Some of those glitterboys that come in for resale are so banged up that they take too much to restore for sale on the secondary market."

Jez inwardly smirks at the posturing and role-playing going on, but conveys nothing outwardly. They're as polished as any Felias information broker, but underestimate others they don't know. Clearly they're experienced, but foolish. They should have assessed me more thoroughly before engaging in this charade. She jots down the location of the stored Glitter Boy for Francis. "Francis, your techs will need this in order to assess the condition of the Glitter Boy." She adds her MTE cellphone number to the note. "After your techs have given you a sound assessment, give me a call or text me to let me know your final offer."

She gets up. "Arturo, thanks for the refreshments. It was appreciated after my long trek. I hope we're able to reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. Good day, gentlemen." She leaves the office without further word.

She stops to regard Lahz while on the sales floor. Well, he's a pretty one. "Hey there." She beams him her MTE cellular number. "Give me a call later." She throws him a wink and heads down the road for a half-dozen blocks to Devilman Exotic Arms.

(Devilman Exotic Arms)

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Lahz wrote:"Damn I thought they'd keep the MercTown outlet better stocked. I've passed the Test a few times in the past so I don't know if I'll need a 40 hour course. But I'm glad to purchase the current study materials to review. Then I can knock out the test next time ... unless you guys are going to be administering a test today. I can probably do one based on the info from 2 years ago ... Hey Ray ... download that catalog so we can call in orders will ya? ... Ok, so I'll take what we've got onhand ... what's our pricetag looking like?"

William nods in agreement "It isn't that we are under-stocked, just that we supply a large base here within the Merctown Limits. Tests are on call so long as we have a proctor, I know one of my fellow associates is able to proctor should he have the time. I will sent him a message while we go over what you are purchasing today." He pauses and then looks over the list and inputs everything into the computer.

"Alright, everything minus the Universal Energy Links will come to 214,000cr. Uninstalled, they would run you another 90k per, which would equal 394k cr. Considering your standing with NG and your renewal, I will give you a good faith discount as if you used the card which brings your total down to 354,600cr. The catalog is free, as is the study material though the test has not changed, so if you feel up for it you are welcome to hit it and see how you do." He looks Lahz up and down and smiles "Shall we proceed with the order, sir?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:57 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 10+2=12 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 49

Personal ISP: 41/181

Lahz responds with a congenial smile, "Ahh, well you've got to keep stuff onhand for those big clients. Back at the Robodome in Escanaba [Mercbay] parts were thankfully easy to come by. I very much appreciate the discount, and will make sure you get return business out of it my friend ..."

When they are briefly interrupted by the lithe woman with more than a hint of DANGER [Jezebel] offering up her number, Lahz cocks an eyebrow in surprise. Flattered, he pauses for a moment to look down at his own left hand, "Well thank you kindly miss. I'll do that ..." as she walks off **the Ride Armor doesn't show the wedding ring because of the gloves ... I guess it doesn't matter. Until death parts us was the vow right? ... still it feels ... I don't know ... back to business though. 354,600 is a pretty decent chunk of my budget at this point, but with a Universal Energy Link on the Roadrunner I can power most hand-weapons ... I dunno. Better to have options at the install phase.**

The Psi-Tech turns back to William the Sales-Rep, "Ok, I will take whole Kit, and am glad to take the test."

Lahz's Shopping List: wrote:Armored Sharp-Duster/Long-Coat [Grey] -- NG Book 2 Pg 42, 7,500creds
[2] Universal Energy Link [Not installed] -- NG Book 2 Pg 92 & 144, 90k UN-INSTALLED

"Ok, Ray. Pack that stuff up, and remind me to call that girl ... though that might be self-destructive hehehe ... "

Lahz will gladly take the test again (OOC: Hopefully these are sufficient) to recertify for his NGMCE Card:
Mechanical Engineering [68%]: 1d100 = 61
Weapons Engineer [68%]:1d100 = 24
Robot Mechanics [63%]: 1d100 = 61
Electrical Engineer [68%]: 1d100 = 5
Lahz D'Gemmel

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximilian IV » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:24 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
J.I.C.: 1d20 = 13|1d100 = 70

Invoke Trust -- 65% | 1d100 = 54 (To convey competency, desire to work)

Max takes a bit of time making his way into the store proper, as the sheer size of the warehouse is somewhat flabbergasting. Taking a moment to fully immerse the visage within his psyche, Max stares -mouth slightly agape- with a furrowed brow. An odd concoction of anxious curiosity pulses through his veins as he gathers what semblances of professionalism he can muster, he marches do the entrance.

The first thing to draw Max's gaze as he enters, is the overflowing product meticulously displayed throughout the showroom.

How on Earth do they have the resources to retail on such a scale?!

His attentions are quite dispersed midst the voluminous selection of arms, defensive measures, and ostentatious advertisement; his head flutters between each vivid exertion of premium aestheticism.

Quite overwhelmed by the grandeur, Max is almost beside himself when inevitably met by a salesman - his tail conspiring against him, as it flutters vigorously. Attempting to calm the air, Max clears his throat before stating his purpose. "Ruff! Err, I'm Maximilian. Salutations." Extending a hand to formalize the greeting, he puffs up before attempting to shamelessly promote his talents. "I'm hoping I can find gainful employment here, offering repairs, maintenance and upgrades to your customers. I have experience with a multitude of platforms, and can adapt quickly! Although, I'm more experienced repairing Glitterboy's. . . I can more than demonstrate my competencies to your satisfaction, of course!"

Standing sheepishly, Max finds his gaze trailing off towards one of the Sampsons on display; there was something oddly enamoring about the design, it had a certain moxie to it. Catching his slip, Max pops his head back to the salesman and hops on his toes a bit - arms flopping at his sides. "So, how soon could I get to work?"
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Next

Return to The Arms Bazaar