Max's Munitions (116)

Weapons Vendors from everywhere sell their wares here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Max's Munitions (116)

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:42 am

Player Info:
Technically not an arms dealer, this store specializes in the sale of ammunition and explosives. The owner, Maxwell Dobson, a self-proclaimed "ammo technician," is capable of manufacturing or improving just about any type of ammunition. Max produces and sells everything from specialty conventional rounds (hollow point, glaser, etc.) up to and including improvised land mines. Among his standard fare are depleted uranium, ramjet and explosive rounds, dynamite, NG plastique explosive, fusion blocks, cutting charges, detcord, blasting caps, time pencils, assorted fuses, hand grenades, claymores, other basic mines, and missiles (of all types and sizes). He buys all of these in bulk and thus can pass on modest savings.

The majority of the goods sold at Max's are factory produced in places like the Coalition States, Ishpeming, and the Manistique Imperium. However, he offers a number of specialty items that he makes himself and which are hard to find elsewhere. By far the best-selling example are his unique 'BotStopper mini-missiles. For the right price, Max will also build improvised explosive devices for clients.

Info with a successful streetwise roll:
Word on the street is that Max also works for the Black Market, and has contacts in the Chi-Town 'Burbs.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Max's Munitions (116)

Postby Murdoc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:24 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 3

Murdoc walks in carrying his earlier purchases. Its pretty obvious he's either just in town or getting ready to ship out and is flush with cash as he stocks up on supplies. He looks over the store for a moment and when a clerk approaches him, he nods and says, "Hello, I'm looking for pricing on fusion blocks, cutting charges, best make those water proof, uh, hand grenades; smoke, HE and plasma, claymores and I was wondering if you carried Deadball grenades? (Juicer pg 74) Oh, and some plastique with timed and radio detonators."

As the clerk gets a price list together, Murdoc furrows his brows trying to think if there is anything else he may want to check on here.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:00 am

"Yeppers, we got most of that stuff." The shopkeeper begins drawing up a price list then shows it to Murdoc.

Grenades
Plasma: 350
HE: 300
Smoke: 250
Dead-ball: 1200

Fusion Blocks
Light: 1,500
Medium: 4,000
Heavy: 9, 500

Fusion Blocks (Waterproof)
Light: 1,800
Medium: 4,500
Heavy: 9, 500

Cutting Charges (Waterproof)
Light: 1,000
Medium: 3,000
Heavy: 9, 000

Plastique
Light-grade C-4 Plastique-- 8 per oz.
Military-grade NG-2 Plastique-- 25 per oz.
Military-grade NG-4 Plastique-- 50 per oz.
Military-grade NG-6 Plastique-- 75 per oz.

Timers-- 25/each
Blasting Caps-- 40/each
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Murdoc » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 am

[Rolls Held]

Murdoc grins and rubs his hands together, "Okay, lets see here. I'll take...ten of each of the grenades, Four of the medium water proof fusion blocks, four of the light and eight of the medium cutting charges, fifteen pounds of the NG4, ten pounds of the NG6, twenty timers and 25 remote detonators....oh and twenty pounds of C4, just for fun. And it all needs to be delivered to the Roughnecks compound."

Grenades
3,500 : Plasma: 10 @ 350
3,000 :HE: 10 @ 300
2,500 :Smoke: 10 @ 250
12,000 : Dead-ball: 10 @ 1200

Fusion Blocks (Waterproof)
18,000 :Medium: 4 @ 4,500

Cutting Charges (Waterproof)
4,000 :Light: 4 @ 1,000
24,000 :Medium: 8 @ 3,000

Plastique
2,560 :Light-grade C-4 Plastique-- 8 per oz. X 20 lbs (320 oz.)
12,000 :Military-grade NG-4 Plastique-- 50 per oz. X 15 lbs (240 oz.)
12,000 :Military-grade NG-6 Plastique-- 75 per oz. X 10 lbs (160 oz.)

500 :Timers-- 25/each X 20
1000 :Blasting Caps-- 40/each X 25 (remote detonators?)

95,060 :TOTAL

After finishing his purchase here, Murdoc gets a wild hair and wonders into the Mystic Quarter, where he looks a little confused but eventually spots the Stormspire Store which looks like it may offer what he wants.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 pm

"Done"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Whisper » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 14;JIC d100: 1d100 = 61

Entering the building, Whisper looks out of place. Reluctantly approaching the nearest clerk, she says meekly, "Hi, I need some stuff."

If the clerk tries to act dismissive, or tests her knowledge, she quickly starts rattling off what exactly she needs. "I'm looking to place a mixed order for mini-missiles, I need prices for smoke, frag, plasma and AP. What type of tracking systems do you have? Are they all-aspect? Solid or liquid fuel? Vectored thrust or flight surfaces? Do you have the Coalition types available?"

She tries to use her questions not just to silence any doubt but also to get a feel for how much the actual sales personnel know their product.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 pm

The clerk at the closest desk sees Whisper approaching and raises and eyebrow, but knows better than to discredit a book by its cover.
Whisper wrote:"Hi, I need some stuff."

"Well then, depending on the stuff you need, you have come to the right place. This isn't for a Beauty Pageant now is it?" The seller jests for humor and is somewhat taken aback by Whisper's barrage of questions.

"Well, you are the knowledgeable little one." He says slowly and levels himself a bit more before answering.
"First things first, we are a munitions shop, not an extras. You want guidance, you had better have it pre-installed in your given platform or be equip enough to use medium range smart missiles; the only guidance we offer on our mini-missiles would be Command Control, Laser or Radar Homing, all used from your platform, or Guide by Wire which is not recommended in today's day and age." He begins, with a colleague taking interest and listening in.

"Next, for any of our Smoke or Gas Mini-missiles, the standard is usually 500cr per unit. Frag and HE run around 800cr with AP and Plasma running 2,000. All prices are negotiable especially when done in bulk. Fuel is standard liquid form and comes included with missile prices, unless you wish for further range, then the extra fuel adds a bit to the cost." He pauses for a moment, letting Whisper assimilate the prices before adding "We do sell CS missiles as well." The clerk ends, mentally noting to have answered all of her questions, he waits for her next salvo.
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Whisper » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 1;JIC d100: 1d100 = 21

salesman wrote:"Well then, depending on the stuff you need, you have come to the right place. This isn't for a Beauty Pageant now is it?"

Beauty pageant?
"What's a beauty pageant?", Lily asks in monotone, thinking this guy might be having fun at her expense. She feels her cheeks flush and knows that she's gone red.

A frown wrinkles Whisper's expression when she's called 'little one'.
Just keep callin' me that...
Trying to seem dangerous to upset, Lily says lowly,
"My platform is a Naruni MK-PA12. However the launch system is a German TX-002. I haven't had any compatibility problems with it; Naruni software seems pretty adaptable. Your prices seem reasonable. How much would 8 smoke, 12 high explosive, 20 plasma and 20 armor piercing cost me? What do you consider bulk?"
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Ace of Spades » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:45 pm

The Merchant seemingly ignores her quick quip about the beauty pageant and thinks for a moment. "Compatibility isn't going to be an issue with that platform, and bulk would be... well that." He pauses and does the math in his head.

Whisper can hear him muttering "4,000 Smoke... 9,600 HE...40,000 Plasma and AP... 93,600 total... bulk rates..." he pauses then looks back to Whisper "Your grand total for that order would be 79,560cr, payable upon delivery of your order." He states before finishing "Shall I ring you up?"
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Whisper » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 am

((rolls held))

"Your price sounds fair." Whisper nods, realizing the discount is significant. She produces the card that Sir Thorn handed her and asks, "Can I pay upfront? And can the order be delivered to the Haunt?"
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:17 am

The seller nods and takes the card, his associate moving to the storage area to ready the delivery. "We'll have it there in a few hours, we have plenty of back-stock of everything you wanted." he states, handing the card back to Whisper before adding "Anything else I can do for you?"

((Funds deducted.))
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Whisper » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 19

"Well...I have some time to kill...if you wanna..." Whisper makes a crude, sexual suggestion which flaunts her lewd nature.((OOC: use your imagination; Charm/Impress 1d100 = 15/50%; pass))

After having her fun (or not), she hurries back to the Haunt, looking for the boss.

Spooks HQ
Whisper

Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:31 pm

The seller raises an eyebrow "Not that the thought doesn't entertain me, but I think you're a tad young for me." He states somewhat dismissively before adding "Expect your order in a couple of hours" He finishes before turning to another customer.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Return to The Arms Bazaar