Devilman Exotic Arms (121)

Weapons Vendors from everywhere sell their wares here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Devilman Exotic Arms (121)

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:43 am

Appropriately enough, this weapons shop is owned by a D'norr Devilman who goes by the name Zo'Wor Kulot'te. Zo'Wor stocks his shop with a variety of rare, unique and exotic armaments from all over the Earth and the Megaverse as well. His inventory includes weapons from across the tech board, including orthodox energy firearms, Technlo-Wizard firearms and the medieval. Odds are whatever you're looking for, it can be found here. Zo'Wor has some stuff from the New West/Colorado Baronies, Stormspire, Triax, a couple of alien blasters, Kittani arms, a few Bio-Wizard devices , Xitibix resin blades, firearms from Japan's ArmaTech and H-Brand, Elemental Shuriken, and a Spirit Daisho, as well as a few pieces from both Malkovitch and Bushido Industries. Then too, as a Techno-Wizard himself, Zo'Wor patches together a few weapons of his own design.

New Item Showcase:
Atorian Variable Sonic Rifle
Range:
☞ Blaster Setting: 120'
☞ Stunner Setting: 100'
☞ Disruptor Setting: 240'
Damage:
☞ Blaster Setting: 3D6+2, half will carry through armor.
☞ Stunner Setting: 1 point plus save or suffer -7 on initiative and -6 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D6 melee rounds. Also reduce speed by 20%.
☞ Disruptor Setting: 3 points plus save or be rendered unconscious for 1D4 melee rounds. If the character makes a successful saving throw, he remains conscious but is -2 on initiative and to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D6 melee rounds.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 20 shots per E-clip regardless of setting

A/GM NOTE: Check the Magic Item Validation forum. Zo'Wor Kulot'te owns many unique magic items and alien devices from across the megaverse. He also charges exorbitant prices for rare and unique items.
Augur
Admin

Re: Devilman Exotic Arms (121)

Postby Bogdan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 86

Bogdan makes his way into the shop and pauses just inside the door to look around. Hope I have better luck here. When he finally spots a worker, he clears his throat, "Greetings. Your shop was recommended to me as a place where I might find a quarterstaff with a bit of offensive magic added." Approaching the counter, he places both hands on it and cranes his neck as he continues looking around.
Bogdan

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am

The proprietor himself, a D'norr Devilman of average build and height, but with deeply set and piercing black eyes sweeps into Bogdan's presence with a woosh of his robes. "Mmm, your face reads like a man who has recently stepped out of the mystic quarter. Well, we do have a wide assortment of staves of varying capabilities. Magic staves though...that's more often than not the purview of Alchemists and the dreaded Splugorth. How much are you looking to spend, sir?"
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Bogdan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 58

D'norr Devilman wrote: "Mmm, your face reads like a man who has recently stepped out of the mystic quarter. Well, we do have a wide assortment of staves of varying capabilities. Magic staves though...that's more often than not the purview of Alchemists and the dreaded Splugorth. How much are you looking to spend, sir?"

The Russian strokes his goatee as he considers the question. I still need more gear; better not go too much for now. After a brief moment, he answers, "I'd say not more than 60,000 for now; I'm still getting established here, you see. If you can't help me, I'll understand."
Bogdan

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Bogdan wrote:The Russian strokes his goatee as he considers the question. After a brief moment, he answers, "I'd say not more than 60,000 for now; I'm still getting established here, you see. If you can't help me, I'll understand."

"Well, I do have some fairly simple, yet effective staves on hand. I think this one might suit your ends. At forty thousand credits, you'll still have room in your budget to enjoy a few nights on the town as well." Ankros hands over to Bogdan a six foot long staff for his inspection.

Valthek's Rebuke
Uncommon, enchanted quarterstaff, 6' long
M.D.C.: 100
Damage: 2D8 M.D.
Magic Features
• Additional Damage: One die of damage is added to the weapon's normal damage.
Curse: None
History: None

SOLD
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Bogdan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 7

Appraise Goods: 1d100 = 96 / 45%

The wizard accepts the staff with both hands and hefts the weapon before examining the weapon. He looks to see if there's sufficient space and if so, works through some basic maneuvers. Finally he plants the end of the staff against the floor and holds it in his left hand while his right fishes for the card he was given. Keep a straight face; don't let him realize you're taking him to the cleaners on this. It's got to be worth three or four times what he's asking. Presenting the card to the merchant, Bogdan smiles, "I think this will do nicely. I'll take it. Thank you" Once the transaction is complete, the Russian rests the staff on his shoulder as he saunters out of the store.

((The Arms Bazaar - Naruni Enterprise Building))
Bogdan

Postby Jezebel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:42 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 23
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 15
Charm/Impress ☞ 60% / 1d100 = 53 (for clearly persuasive purposes)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate ☞ 40% / 1d100 = 10 (for clearly persuasive purposes)
Barter ☞ 38% / 1d100 = 35 (if required for negotiations)
Language: American ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 50 (in case language gets technical)

Jez enters the comparatively modest shop, and regards all the unusual weapons on display. Truly, this world is bizarre. Such a blend of the arcane and the hi-tech, the antique and the new. The markets of this world make even the offerings of the TGE Commerce Satellites pale in comparison. Once she is approached, she'll state her purpose plainly. "I'm here to potentially sell a weapon. It has sentimental value to me as it's from my native dimension, and I'm fairly certain that no similar such weapon exists on this world. Would you be able to assess its value and/or provide me an offer if you're interested?"

She will then detail a description of the Atorian Variable Sonic Rifle, and provide the locker number from which it can be examined if necessary.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm

"Interesting..." Zo'Wur says as Jez describes the Atorian sonic rifle.

"I am always interested in acquisitions of rare weapons. And since the rifle is not manufactured locally, it would fit into this category. But rarity alone does not value make. There must also be demand." Zo'Wur looks Jezebel over before continuing, "You say this rifle has sentimental value to you. Tell me about it and about the action this particular weapon has seen and perhaps I can better gauge a fair offer price."

It seems clear to Jezebel that if Zo'Wur is to spend credits on purchasing the weapon, he wants to pay for both the item and its lore.
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:09 am

(rolls held over)

Zo'Wur wrote:"You say this rifle has sentimental value to you. Tell me about it and about the action this particular weapon has seen and perhaps I can better gauge a fair offer price."

Ahh, the unique history sales angle. Kind of makes this place like a boutique weapons shop. I wonder if I should bullshit him? Nah. Frak it. I suppose reality is exotic enough. "Well, to begin with, these are the weapons of choice among many shock troops of the Atorian Empire from my home dimension. The Atorians are a militaristic, acquisitive, and expansionist galactic power rules by six princesses. Their culture is entirely matriarchal, technologically focused, and incredibly ruthless and oppressive." Jez sidles up to the counter near Zo'Wur, gets out a cigar, lights the tip to a cherry red, and continues.

"I came upon this weapon in a skirmish when our group was in...what do you folks call it...K-beck? Anyway, geography isn't my strong suit, but so there we were--no shit--in the middle of some strange cave complex buried in a mountainside when we figure out that it's not a cave, and it's not a mountain. It's a frakking mountain-sized factory satellite from another dimension that's on this planet for some reason, and for some even more inscrutable reason, I find this Atorian weapon among the brick-brack of this complex. I use it to fight off these giant, mechanized crab-like machines, and we escape from the satellite by the skin of our teeth moments before it jumps...no, that's not the term Reaper used...before it folds space and disappears...presumably back to its native dimension, but who really knows, right? I was just glad to be off that rock." Jez considers this string of events a moment, puffing away happily on the cigar.

"Oh wait, no. We ended up on Eyelor...I think that's what it was called. Anyway, it was basically a crazy person's version of hell. Made a deal for our hides with some sort of big-ass tentacle monster that scared the shit outta everyone. I think the others called it a Splugorth. Anyway, that excursion netted us a pretty penny in salvage, but our employer soon sent us to South America...Columbia, I believe was the name of the place."

Jez takes another long, satisfying pull from the cigar. "Anyway, it's a fetid jungle filled with monsters, half-savage humanoids, and some petty dictatorships. We end up fighting off some locals, some monsters, and some nasty diseases down there, and this rifle really saved my back-side a couple times as it has a non-lethal setting that's really effective at incapacitating the target, even if he's in armor. Anyway, that mission was a wash as our employer didn't think it would be a good venue for business. So our employer next sends us to this place called 'The Devil's Tower' out in what Greasy, my sidekick, calls the Wyoming Territories, where we end up clashing with some mages, and also an ancient political-military sect that call themselves 'The Republicans,' and I know all this because this rifle makes it so I don't have to kill everyone who fraks with me in the heat of battle. Saves me a few to interrogate, you see? Anyway, after that crap sandwich, I basically told our employer to get bent, and here I am. Shall I recount to you my experiences of torture as a prisoner of war among the Atorians in my native dimension too, or is that enough?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:25 am

"Mmm," Zo'Wur smiles, clearly satisfied with the legend. "That shall suffice. It sounds like you and that weapon indeed have quite a bit of history. You must have fallen on some hard times to be looking to off-load such sentimentality." The D'norr Devilman taps his chin thoughtfully as he considers his options.

"I'm feeling particularly generous after that story," he says, breaking the silence after a tense 30 seconds. "I am willing to offer you 50,000 universal credits for your rifle... However, there is one contingency I have for offering such a handsome sum: that you leave your contact information in case I have a mission that could use your unique expertise."
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:40 am

(rolls held over)

Jez considers his offer for a split second. That sum's a bit on the light side, fella. "One moment, please." She steps away from Zo'Wor to make a call on her phone. She dials the number for the NG store. Once she's on the phone with them, she asks for Francis. Once he's on the line, she'll tell him her decision thus far. "Francis, I'll take you up on the 60k in-store credit for the Gladius. I'll be over shortly to get the NGME card biometrically secured to my own ident. Have your techs examined the other item we spoke of yet? I remind you that your pre-inspection offer was 3.25 million universal." She throws Zo'Wor a wink as she says this. She's not been speaking quietly, but the MTE phone's audio is pre-set fairly low given her rather sensitive hearing.

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:47 am

Francis' voice comes in clear over her phone. "Confirmed. 60k credit for the Gladius. As for the other item, the tech has arrived and is in the process of running diagnostics on your system. Shouldn't be much longer. But so far, so good."

Jezebel's bargaining prowess is met with a smile and chuckle from Zo'Wur. "Alright, you've convinced me. I will give you 50k for the rifle and an extra 50k to retain you to hear me out for jobs I might have in the future."
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 am

Lucid Dreams wrote:Francis' voice comes in clear over her phone. "Confirmed. 60k credit for the Gladius. As for the other item, the tech has arrived and is in the process of running diagnostics on your system. Shouldn't be much longer. But so far, so good."

Jezebel's bargaining prowess is met with a smile and chuckle from Zo'Wur. "Alright, you've convinced me. I will give you 50k for the rifle and an extra 50k to retain you to hear me out for jobs I might have in the future."

Jez smiles and shakes the proprietor's hand quickly, firmly, and briskly. "Well bargained, and done." She hands over her Non-Secure Universal Card for him to add the credits to it. When that's done, she'll hand him the tag to retrieve the weapon from the Defenders' storage armories. Made a few extra credits and made a business contact. Good day so far. Once the exchange is completed, Jez will add, "Okay, now that that's done, what would you like me to hear?"

OOC: I have removed the following from my gear sheet. If you can edit the original post in this thread, just cut and paste it into there for showcasing as a new item.
Code: Select all
[b]Atorian Variable Sonic Rifle[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/AtorianVariableSonicRifle.png[/img]
[size=85]Range:
☞ Blaster Setting: 120'
☞ Stunner Setting: 100'
☞ Disruptor Setting: 240'
Damage:
☞ Blaster Setting: 3D6+2, half will carry through armor.
☞ Stunner Setting: 1 point plus save or suffer -7 on initiative and -6 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D6 melee rounds. Also reduce speed by 20%.
☞ Disruptor Setting: 3 points plus save or be rendered unconscious for 1D4 melee rounds. If the character makes a successful saving throw, he remains conscious but is -2 on initiative and to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D6 melee rounds.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 20 shots per E-clip regardless of setting[/size]

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Lucid Dreams » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:47 am

((NOTE: Jezebel's equipment thread was not altered. So you don't have the funds unless you updated it yourself.))

Zo'Wur smiles, "I appreciate your eagerness, but I do not have something quite as of yet. If you tell me your team's capacity and give me a frequency I can reach you at, I can contact you when a suitable project comes along." The Devilman seems genuine in his desire to test out Jez's crew, but currently without 'opportunities'.
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:41 am

OOC: 100k funds added to Jez's secure card.

(rolls carried over)

Jez provides Zo'Wur with her MTE cellular number for in-town contact. "If we're in the field, we're effectively unreachable given this planet's curious rejection or ignorance of orbital comm-sats. When we're in town--like at present--this is currently the best way to reach us." Regarding the question of the team's capacity, Jez breaks down the former Explorers Inc. in the simplest terms of manpower, hardware, experience, and specialization of personnel. She then sums it up. "I think we're just about best-suited to reconnaissance or espionage, but really we're competent and flexible enough to handle any task of a manageable scale." She bids Zo'Wur adieu, and heads back out to the NG store trying not to look back at the Atorian weapon she'd just traded away for a song.

(NG Store)

Gear
Jezebel

Return to The Arms Bazaar