The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Postby Vinograd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Vinograd nods to the acolyte. "That would be more than acceptable." Vino says as he hands the man his card. [Dragonese/Elven]"There should be enough to pay for the fee, plus I will donate one hundred thousand credits to start." Vino says, knowing the donation will go far to ingratiating himself into this guild. Vino is more than happy to take a tour of the location, enjoying the scenery and ambient magic of the place. Once the tour is done, Vino looks to his guide. [Dragonese/Elven]"I would like to purchase tutelage for a few spells while I am here." Vino asks while listing off the spells he'd like to learn. [Dragonese/Elven]"Also does the Collegiate have a historical library? I would like to do some research on my familial line if at all possible."

Spells I would like to Buy
Firebolt (4th level; 40,000)
Fire Ball (6th level; 180,000)
Sustain (5th level; 50,000)
Magical-Adrenal Rush (8th level; 240,000)
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:39 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8 (Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 12 , 1d100 = 2

SNAFU wrote:They charge 500 credits per item and find that all items are free of curses and are exactly what they appear to be.

The Guild rep offers Erg 4 million credits for the Ring of Ages.

They accept your donation and mark your dues as paid.

Removed 51,500 credits from your card

"Thank you for the offer. I will keep you in mind. For now though, have need of it myself."

They say the ring only runs out for a specific person, but keeps working or the next person to get it. Given that, I'll get the most value out of it by first milking it to it's utmost for myself. Then, later I can still sell it for $4 million. That truly is a fantastic find. It will give me at least 2 more whole life times of work I can get done.

Erg is pleased.
I had almost thought it too goo to be true. Working with this group is without a doubt the most rewarding partnership I've ever had. Yeah, the most dangerous too. That dangerous part is why I'm off to my next stop.

To Naruni
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144)
•On Person Gear: Miniature PPE(180) Battery
•Utility Belt , Updraft TW-Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd Max altitude 1,000ft
•VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 21
PER: 1d20+8 = 13

SNAFU wrote:"Hmm, tell me, do you like Dim Sum?" Lateen smiles. She takes out a plain piece of paper and begins folding it. "You must go to the Celestial Dragon and order the Dim Sum. It is essential that you make a show of enjoying it; regardless of whether you do or not. Ask to speak to the chef to give your compliments."

Vheld screws up his face in a grimace of distaste. "I don't eat. But I suppose I could make an exception." Sigh.

SNAFU wrote:" The chef's name is Phillip Leung. Tell him that you are a friend of mine and give this to him. He is in fact an Ancient Chiang-Ku and this will serve as introduction and to cut through the pretense. He is a strange one for his kind; seemingly valuing wealth of experience over actual wealth. Never-the-less, he is a dragon, it is advisable to bring a gift of some note if you wish to earn his favor. Also he is a consummate chef, yet he is very sensitive about his cooking, it is imperative that you convince him you truly enjoyed it."
This attracts Vheld's attention far more than the prospect of food. An ancient chiang-ku? In MercTown this entire time. Fascinating. Taking the origami crane lightly in one hand, Vheld bows his head. "Thank you. I shall see what trinkets I may have that could interest a dragon. As always, I greatly appreciate your counsel. Best of luck with your clan's uprising."

Vheld stands and quickly excuses himself. Before heading to the Celestial Dragon, he will stop by the Haunt and grab a handful of the most valuable-looking gems from the trove the team recently retrieved ((assuming a separate post for that is unnecessary)). He will then proceed to the restaurant.

((--> Celestial Dragon))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
MDC: 145/145 (Slithn)
PPE: 315/315 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld PPE 1 + 2- 50/50 PPE left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Vinograd wrote:
Spells I would like to Buy
Firebolt (4th level; 40,000)
Fire Ball (6th level; 180,000)
Sustain (5th level; 50,000)
Magical-Adrenal Rush (8th level; 240,000)

These spells are acquired for 510,000 cr. Vinograd is shown to an extensive mystical reference library and told he can come and go as he pleases. Nothing about Vantasm turns up in his curry search.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Vinograd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 68
Conditions: Metamorphosi: Human (14+ hours)

Vinograd pays the money for the spell books and thanks the person dealing with the transaction. Taking his books, Vino places them into his backpack for ease of transport, before making his way outside of the Collegiate. "This should help immensely, now to find some body parts."

<<Bone & Marrow>>
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to The Mystic Quarter