The Crimson Dragon (140)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Crimson Dragon (140)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 pm

ImageImage

After the Collegiate Arcane itself, this store is the primary source for magic in MercTown.

The Crimson Dragon carries potions, poisons, scrolls, rings, magic items, TW weapons and devices from every manufacturer in North America, and a selection of exotic magic items from around the world. About the only things that aren't sold here are magical components
that come from living creatures, and items that can control or slay dragons.

What makes the store unique is its owner, a young adult Fire Dragon by the name of Ignatos. Where so many of his kind prefer a life of seclusion or adventuring followed by long periods of rest, Ignatos enjoys the hustle and bustle of city life, and being around people - humans in particular.

According to Ignatos, he lived deep in the Magic Zone in isolated hermitage for centuries, collecting magic, sleeping atop a pile of treasure and defending his home from one wave of adventurers after another come to loot him. After a couple hundred years, this got monotonous and he decided to go out into the world and learn what humans were all about. He liked what he saw, and after a century of adventuring with humans, he decided to settle in MercTown and open a magic shop.

Ignatos provides many of the traditional services of an alchemist. The dragon will sell information, translate mystical symbols, identify magic items, sell magic weapons, armor, potions, herbs, crystals, rings, Techno-Wizard creations, Bio-Wizard and Rune weapons, make and sell spell scrolls, and teach spell invocations to spell casters. Likewise, Ignatos is usually willing to purchase magic items for resale in the store or to expand his own collection, but nothing close to their market value. Getting more out of the greedy beast is like pulling teeth, but the dragon has been known to pay well for rare magic he truly covets.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: The Crimson Dragon (140)

Postby Beanpole » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:01 am

Perception 1d20+1 = 15
JIC 1d20 = 5
JIC 1d100 = 100

Literacy: English 1d100 = 30/55%
Language: Dragonese 1d100 = 4285%

Beanpole strides on his long legs with purpose through the streets of Merctown. From the Gates, through the Warrens and Spokes he makes his way to the Mystic Quarter. He's more comfortable with magic now, but the idea of walking into a whole district dedicated to it is somewhat daunting. It does beat sitting around the base. He's in no mode for idleness, he wants, needs to be doing something. Tracking a giant talking squirrel through the magic district definitely qualifies as something.

After pausing for a moment at the gates to the Mystic Quarter, Bean heads in, locking onto the most prominent building ahead. He tries to read the sign, but ultimately the name or type of establishment doesn't matter, all he's looking for is information. He's not scared, but he approaches with trepidation, this being one of those situations where he feels these learned types won't take his rustic nature seriously. That's okay, Bean won't let their ignorance deter him. Just might take a little more force of will than he's used to. Connor and the other mages he's met so far have been just fine, so maybe he's the one with unfounded prejudices. He ponders that as he approaches the Crimson Dragon.

Inside, the shop contains a riot of sights, smells and sounds that create a sense of wonder that seems disconnected from the mundane world. Probably, because the shop is filled with magical items, very much not of the mundane world. Bean can't help but gawk. He wanders in like a zombie, his senses overwhelmed by the total sensory overload. It's made all that much worse since so much of what he witnesses makes no earthly sense. For several minutes he is just lost in the experience, taking every sight, smell and sound in. Eventually he reaches out gingerly to touch a book or a brass orrery. He's smart enough not to touch any of the delicate glassware.

The sensory magic doesn't dissipate, but Bean forces himself to look around with purpose. He thinks better of calling out, so he strolls around the store seeing first if his fuzzy friend is inside, he knows it's a long shot. After a few minutes of looking he tries to pick out someone who works at the shop, tending towards a staffed counter. He approaches confidently, his course of action is clear.

"Pardon me, sir/ma'am, but I'm tryin' ta find a friend of mine, says he were comin' to the Mystic Quarter, got some business or nother. He's a little fella, looks like a big squirrel, he done talk a little queer, reckin' he'd be hard ta miss. Ya'll seen him 'round t'all? Much obliged 'fer any he'p ya kin find ta give."

If the fella or misses he's talking to seems not to understand, he'll try the question again in Dragonese, knowing how the magic folk like that sort of thing.
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments

HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot

NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)

Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Beanpole at first doesn't spot any potential proprietor of the shop, though there's a certainly a service counter with a considerable amount of space behind it (large enough to easily fit several horses) that seems to be left completely bare save for a rather fine and plush carpet covering the floor. This seemed somewhat odd given most merchants would either use a smaller space behind the counter, or at least fill it with assorted goods they didn't want just anyone to be able to walk in and grab without their assistance. However after a few moments of his looking around, an extremely large winged lizard detaches itself from where it was perched atop a book case (And had for the longest time appeared to be merely a decoration or one of the items for sale) and swoops over to land on the counter top and sniff in his direction.

Perhaps more surprisingly is the fact it speaks to him in perfectly clear English. "My dear man, size is, you will find, entirely relative. I would need a far better description to know if the individual whom you seek has passed through my establishment. That said, I certainly did not see anyone of any particularly small stature in here all day beyond a dwarf. I am however left with the impression this isn't the sort of individual whom you seek, so I doubt I could be of much assistance in this case without you at least providing me with additional details on the matter."
ImageImage
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beanpole » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 am

Perception 1d20+1 = 2
JIC 1d20 = 14
JIC 1d100 = 98

Beanpole doesn't run out screaming. That's not say he isn't surprised and a little bit scared when the dragon appears, slithering to life and swooping in to rest on the counter. He's less surprised by the English, in Bean's limited experience most people speak it out of hand, he was just hedging his bets with the Dragonese. So for an impolite amount of time Bean gawks at the lizard.

When the words finally sink in, Bean moves his mouth without sound for a minute struggling to regain his composure. Finally he answers back, "Well, sir, I reckin' he's about yay high," bringing his hand up just below his waist. "He done got grey fur and a stripe'ed tail. He's got a few necklaces and trinkets, but otherwise he's nekkid 'cept fer his fur. Keeps sayin' he's a shaman or some such. Definitely does some magic lookin' business what with the flying rocks and wind and all. Downright big stuff he's done fer a small fella. He ain't talkin' English that good yet, but he's workin' on it. Goes by Molo."
Beanpole

OOC Comments

Urban Warrior Body Armor

Weapons:

Survival knife (in boot)

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Ryu Goryo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 am

For what ever reason the dragon seems to just sit there as you gawk, and continues to sit there and listen with a great deal of patience to the description you give, though he does in the meantime casually curl his tail about himself and perch up a bit like a big tiger, with wings. And claws. And those reptilian eyes that don't seem to so much as blink.

"Hrmmm... interesting." comes the response after you're done speaking. "However, I can not say I have seen your companion though I do believe it would be interesting to study him. There are not many races I have encountered in my travels that are so tiny, yet wield the magical or psionic abilities you are describing. As you can see; he is not in my shop. If by chance, he comes by, I can certainly inform him that you are looking for him. Meanwhile; might I suggest inquiring at the Collegiate if he has gone inside? Be mindful however. They do not allow those such as.. yourself.. to enter. Entry is only granted for those who wield magic in all it's forms, and the rare proven scholar. You my friend, don't strike me as either." his tone doesn't exactly seem to be mocking, but rather a bit more like it was some pity Beanpole was 'merely' an 'unfortunate and uneducated mundane'. "You could however make a request at the entrance to have someone notify him of your arrival should he be inside."

"Now, if you do not mind; I would like to return to my nap. Unless of course you are looking to buy or sell something magical in nature?" the creature's tone near the end grows only mildly hopeful that you might just so happen to be in here to conduct some manner of business.
ImageImage
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beanpole » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:16 am

Well sir, ya'll been mighty helpful, and yer right I ain't magic none, no scholar neither. Just a fell tryin' to do the best I kin. But it'd only be proper get me ta buy sumthin'. Ya'll got any books on how ta use a giant magic spear? Beanpole answers the dragon back with full sincerity. Then he realizes he maybe can't actually use what he just asked for so he adds, Mebbe, it might be a better idea if'n ya'll got a book that'd help me learn ta read better?

Bean lets his eyes roam about the shop, realize it's the credits that allow someone like him to come to a shop like this as a patron, something unimaginable only a few short months ago. He smiles.
Beanpole

OOC Comments

Urban Warrior Body Armor

Weapons:

Survival knife (in boot)

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Ryu Goryo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 am

The dragon actually lets out a low chuckling sound of sorts when Beanpole asks him about 'books on how ta use a giant magic spear'. He seems quite amused by it in fact and just shakes his head a little "My dear boy, this is a store of magical goods, not a library or school. You will however find such fine establishments here in Merctown if you are so interested. There also isn't really such a thing as a 'book to help you learn better'." his tone seems somewhat patronizing, and you can't help but think he uses the word 'fine' sarcastically, though it suddenly picks up "However! I do so happen to have in my possession a magical talisman that would allow you to use the spell 'Eyes of Thoth'. This spell allows you to read any written language through magical means for an hour. However it is a limited use item and holds only three charges. The good news is it can be recharged for a reasonable fee if you bring it back here." he explains "I would be willing to part with it for 125,000 credits. This may seem steep but you must understand, these are delicate and difficult items to craft. I would also be willing to have a look at this spear of yours if it's magical in nature. I may be able to tell you something about it as I have a considerable private collection of such items and may have come across something like it before." he pauses "Of course, there would be a consulting fee..."
ImageImage
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beanpole » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Perception 1d20+1 = 4
JIC 1d20 = 6
JIC 1d100 = 16

The dragon seems like he's a very smart guy. Beanpole feels like this fellow will be very helpful overall, even if he can't help find Molo and doesn't have anything Bean's asked about. Bean has a rough idea how much money he has and knows it doesn't come anywhere near what the talisman thing costs. The talisman thing sounds nice though.

"Well, sir, that's a mighty fine offer on that talisman gizmo, it sure does sound like sumthin' I kin use. I ain't needed no readin' or writin' much till I got here. Reckin' this many folks all put together, ya'll gotta keep track of so much comin's and goin's readin's the only way. Well, that bein' said and all, I ain't got no where's near that much of them credits ya'll like to use. I'd be happy to give you this one," Bean pulls out his the unsecured Universal card and puts it on the counter, "jes take what ya thinks fair for our talkin', since I knows I ain't bought nuthin'." He smiles happily at the dragon, hoping he's being civil for these civilized types. He still doesn't have a good handle on the buying power of credits and is willing to trust the dragon to be fair.

While he's waiting, the radio startles him:
Molo wrote:
"MOLO MOLO MOLO! No can find Temple of Four Elements. Chieftan Ecks! Know this place? Bean! Know this place? Dirty Man Drake! Know this place? Brianna Lady! Know this place?"

"Reckin' that's him! I best be headin' that way, if'n you need a little more time, I'll come back fer the card after we nab Molo!"

He ducks out of the store before returning Molo's call. "Molo, it's Bean here. I reckin' I'm purty close to you right now, I'm gonna wander on out into the street, give a shout if'n ya'll kin see me. Reckin' ya kin tell me where's yer at? What're you standing on?"

He thought Brianna was coming along on this junket, so he pauses to look around for her before heading out into the street. She might have some valuable insight into navigating around a city, and so Bean would definitely like to consult with her.
Beanpole

OOC Comments

Urban Warrior Body Armor

Weapons:

Survival knife (in boot)

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Ryu Goryo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:13 pm

The dragon looks genuinely surprised at Beanpole's offer of payment for it's time, but it's greedy enough not to turn said offer down. Deducing 50 credits from his card, it hands it back, speaking again with a friendly tone. "Well, if you or your friends are ever in need of magical things, I'm sure I can come up with just the right thing. Do keep me in mind."
ImageImage
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 pm

wwPerception: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 35

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier : 46/68 (x4)

Once she’s able to catch up with Bean, Brianna meets up with Bean and says, ”Sorry it took me so long. I just had some things to take care of before I left the base.” Looking inside the shop, Brianna’s eyes get wide when she sees the dragon. Whirling around, Brianna asks, ”Was that a real dragon?” Brianna looks astounded as she looks back into the store, ”Oh wow, I didn’t know dragons were real! They’re only part of stories where I’m from!” Brianna grins, ”Coolest thing ever!!”

Trying to get back to business, Brianna says, ”I just heard Molo on the radio. Do you know where this temple is?” Brianna asks him. As she waits for a response, Brianna looks around, wondering if Molo was in the area.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beanpole » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:43 am

[Rolls carried over]

The streets of the Mystic Quarter are only slightly less impressive than the interior of the Crimson Dragon. Beanpole focuses on his map though, trying to simultaneously decode Molo's cryptic message and the complex language on the map. After a minute's study he hands the map to Brianna, "Ma'am, ya'll might have an easier time studyin' this here map, I'd figure it out, jes' might take a long while."

Bean heads out further so he can see the rooftops better. Without getting hit by traffic of course!

"And ma'am I do believe that was a dragon. Ain't never seen one 'fore though, so I ain't sure."
Beanpole

OOC Comments

Urban Warrior Body Armor

Weapons:

Survival knife (in boot)

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 18

Navigation 1d100 = 86, 1d100 = 34, 1d100 = 50 (45%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier : 46/68 (x4)

Brianna doesn't seem to notice the map that Bean is holding out to her at first as she is peering into the shop again with a look of wonder on her face. "Oh wow! I wish I had a camera!" Brianna says out loud with a grin. Turning around, Brianna sees the map and takes it from Bean, glad that she could actually help. Studying the map, Brianna tries to determine where this Temple of Four Elements is so she can get tell Molo and Bean where to go.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 pm

The Temple of the Four Elements, as it happens, is right down the street.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby William Summers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 37

After a good study session at the Collegiate Arcane, William takes his first peek into the Crimson Dragon. I've heard good things about this place. I wonder what kind of things they'll have on display. When he walks in, he looks around at some things on the shelves before wondering if the store is open for business or not. "Hello? Is there anybody here?"
William Summers

Postby SNAFU » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

From above him a hissing voice welcomes WIll in. "Why, welcome good sir. What can I do you for?" A large red dragon clings to the ample rafters in the shop, in one hand he is reading a book and in the other is a large shank of mutton (one would hope.)

Flaming Sword 150,000
Flare: Storm – 5x$10,000=$50,000 – Book of Magic page 328
Grenade: Flash Freeze 10x$25,000=$250,000
Hand Grenade: Heavy High Explosive – 30x$275=$8,250– RUE page 260
Hand Grenade: Smoke Grenade – 10x$50=$500
Turbo Wing Board 250,000
Mystic Bandages – $25,000 per foot of 2 inch wide bandage roll or for a six inch diameter patch. Rare – Merc Ops – Page 118
MageFire Grenades – Merc Ops – page 150
Acid Grenade - $5,000 x 10=$50,000– rare
Flashfire Grenade - $700 x 15=$10,500 – poor availability
Seeker-Bat Grenade - $3,500 x 10=$35,000– rare
Void Grenade - $10,000 x 5=$50,000- rare

Bandoleer with pouches and/or belt loops - $12-25x2=$24-50 – RUE page 261
Wooden Stakes (6, wood) - $4x10=$40 – RUE page 262
Communicator (small with 1 MDC) - $3,500 – RUE page 262
Ear Mic Radio Receiver and Transmitter - $2,500 – MercOps page 110
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby William Summers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 73

Will had learned some of his magic back at Battle College from a Great Horned Dragon. When he first joined the Roughnecks, he had fought against an illusionary Blood Dragon. But the sight of a giant winged lizard always caused him to startle a little. "My apologies, Big Brother! I didn't see you up there. I hope to not be a disturbance, I see that you're reading and if there's anything I ever listened to my old teacher Ragnorf the Mighty say it was 'Never disturb a dragon while he's resting'. But if you are free, I am looking for some specific items to help me in my quests. This seems a most reputable establishment." Looking at the items that the dragon has available, he decides to go for:

Dragon's Items wrote:Flare: Storm – 1x$10,000
Grenade: Flash Freeze 3x$25,000=$75,000
Hand Grenade: Heavy High Explosive – 10x$275=$2,750– RUE page 260
Hand Grenade: Smoke Grenade – 10x$50=$500
Mystic Bandages – $25,000 per foot of 2 inch wide bandage roll or for a six inch diameter patch. Rare – Merc Ops – Page 118
MageFire Grenades – Merc Ops – page 150
Acid Grenade - $5,000 x 3=$15,000– rare
Flashfire Grenade - $700 x 15=$10,500 – poor availability
Seeker-Bat Grenade - $3,500 x 10=$35,000– rare
Void Grenade - $10,000 x 5=$50,000- rare

Bandoleer with pouches and/or belt loops - $12-25x2=$24-50 – RUE page 261
Wooden Stakes (6, wood) - $4x10=$40 – RUE page 262
Communicator (small with 1 MDC) - $3,500 – RUE page 262
Ear Mic Radio Receiver and Transmitter - $2,500 – MercOps page 110

"If I came back later, would you be willing to accept trade? I have a Crescent Wing Board that I would like to exchange for a Turbo Wing Board. I'm sure the difference is negligible to you, as you can fly, but to me, standing versus lying down is a world of difference."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers

Postby SNAFU » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 pm

"Why yes, if the item is in good condition a trade can be managed." The Dragon takes Will's card and remove 222,750 credits he gives the goods to Will.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby William Summers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 16
Will grabs the myriad items that he purchased and bows graciously to the proprietor of the business. "Thank you very much big brother dragon. I will return with some things to trade with!" He then takes his leave. You never want to have a dragon ask you to leave. Always leave before they get annoyed with you.

(Outskirts: Roughnecks Operations Compound)
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers

Postby John » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:12 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 20

John, looking much like a pack mule at this point, enters the store and tries to find an out of the way spot to stack his various boxes and bags. Once he's unencumbered himself he begins to peruse the store looking for a premade kit to do ritual magic (chalk, candles, incense, etc) and another one with tools to deal with common supernatural threats (stakes, holy water, garlic, stuff for exorcisms, etc). If he can't find an existing kit he'll look around for the component parts and make his own.

OOC: Needs to be small enough to fit in his backpack not looking for a wardrobe worth ;) , I figure a couple hundred credits to say 1-2k at most for each kit.
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
John

Postby Venatus Vinco » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:04 am

As he enters the shop John spies a clerk behind the counter. The clerk gives a cursory nod, but doesn't speak right away giving John time to settle in and peruse the store. Eventually John finds what he is looking for, a small case with ritual items for spell casters. The case is made of animal hide and has a zipper in the middle like an old fashioned shaving bag. The other kit for common supernatural threats including a cross, wooden stakes, a small silver dagger, blessed salt, and an iron spike. Rather than a box the supernatural kit is in a leather roll up secured with a simple buckle. At the check out the clerk nods, "Good choices, both are made from Rhino Buffalo hide and are very durable. Hold up to travel well. The ritual kit is only 300 credits, the other is 1,000 for all the rare and blessed items inside."
Venatus Vinco
Venatus Vinco
Game Master

Postby John » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 51

John nods politely as he listens to the clerk explain the particulars of the items and says, "Excellent, yes, I think they'll work out nicely." Paying with his Universal card he tucks the two items into his rucksack, gathers his things, and heads back out into the city.

[Merctown Defenders Headquarters]
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
John

Postby Colt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:34 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 3

Colt walked to the Mystic Quarter, getting directions to do so as he walked. He stopped in front of the Crimson Dragon for a long, long several minutes. He was steeling himself to deal with a dragon, honestly, and fight off the instincts of his psi-stalker self. This wasn't prey. This wasn't food. This wasn't an evil supernatural creature to be killed. He kept telling himself, like a mantra, that this was business.

He finally worked up his nerve and entered the building, looking around slowly to see what the shop had to offer - not because he was interested in buying (since he was mostly broke) but to see what his potential employer did for a living and see about getting a feel for things.
Colt
Colt
RCC/OCC: Psi-Stalker Psi-Nullifier
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 123/125
H.P.: 12/12
S.D.C.: 40/40
M.D.C.: (Conditional)

M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +4

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 am

Looking about, it takes little to realize that this shop is a major dealer in magical goods. As you walk in, the shop goes quiet. Several customers stare at you. No doubt many distrust you on some level. A finely dressed elf with dark, short hair glares at you for a moment but comes to greet you his facial expression pleasant, doing so politely.

"What can I do for you? If you're looking for magic goods, then you are in the right place. Or have I misconstrued your need?"

Some of the crowd goes about their business and some continue to watch unabashedly.
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Colt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:15 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 5

Colt is somewhat used to being the object of attention, especially when it's at least mild disgust. Even in the Coalition he had been a second-class citizen, or sub-human freak. He has learned over many a year to not really think about it much (or try not to at least) and to not pay the staring much mind. In fact, given a few more years, he might even come to enjoy the attention, but that is quite a ways off still. For the moment, he ignores the stares without being rude about it, even the elf who walks up to talk to him - who glares at him before coming up to speak to him!

Colt gives a small bow of his head, a nod really. He doesn't smile. He has learned the hard way that a smile from him seems too predatory to most, but most especially to those of the magic and psionic persuasions. But then, just like in nature, the prey fear the predator, and rightly so.

He speaks very clearly and carefully. "Good day to you. I am called Colt. I have been told that the owner of this establishment has need of a good mercenary. I am hear to speak with them about this."
Colt
Colt

M.D.C. by Location

Special: Sense Psychic/Magic Energy; Sense Supernatural; Psi-Nullification & Interference; Null Void
Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:43 pm

The elven man's mouth bends into a pleased smile.

"Yes, very good. This way please. Let us find a more private room." he says, motioning with a sweeping gesture towards a curtain behind one of the counters. Assuming you walk towards the curtain he follows behind. Passing behind the curtain you see a set of stairs. Leading you up them, a small parlor greets you. "Take a seat won't you?"

The elf takes a seat across from you. "Would you care for a drink? Tea?" He rings a small bell sitting on an end table. It summons a young human woman from another room. Her dark flowing hair, dark sparkling eyes and an almost smile give her a playful professionalism. Dressed in servant's attire she waits patiently and nods at an refreshments requested, providing them with efficient ease.

"Now then, the job at hand. You know, I really couldn't be more pleased... you know with you being... well. Your kind have a well earned reputation and I am fortunate to have your aid. The man you're looking for is Marcus Krad. He's a shifter of moderate skill. He had traded me a forged painting for a lightning rod, a techno-wizard device. I've tried to reach him to clear the matter up, but he seems to be hard to track down. He used to frequent the Goblin Hole up in Dockside. Not really any place I enjoy spending time. That's where you come in. I don't want him killed. 2,000 credits for the return of the rod. It's been months so I'm not interested in any negotiation. Just get the rod. Any questions?"
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Colt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 5

Colt, at first, wasn't sure why the elf was smiling. He wondered if he was about to be made fun of, insulted, or tossed out - but none of those happened. Instead, he was gestured towards the back, beyond curtains, and then following the elf up a set of stairs.

He sat down to be polite but shook his head when offered a drink. "No, thank you. I'm fine." He did give a nod to the woman who showed up and looked her over, but left it at that.

He took mental notes as the 'elf' got down to business. He listened very carefully, ignoring the backhanded racial compliment. "Shifter? Dang'rous." He stroked his chin as he pondered. He needed the money, he supposed. "Any likeness of him, picture, holo?" If it hadn't been so long ago, he would ask for something that the person had handled to see if he could pick up a psychic sense of them, but months was too long.
Colt
Colt

M.D.C. by Location

Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Virtus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Seeing that you have accepted his job or at least haven't rejected it, he perks up. "Then let me formally introduce myself. I am Ignatos which I probably don't need to tell you. But, manners are manners Mr. Colt. As far as a picture, here you are." he says, showing you a photograph.

"He had an interest in rats. I didn't inquire too deeply. At any rate, that's him. Needless to say he has magic at his disposal and at the very least, a lightning rod. No killing, please. I want my item back but not worth taking a life over or incurring the potential legal penalties. If I were you, I'd start at the Gobin Hole."

The young woman walks towards the stairs and down. At the bottom she is holding the curtain. "Good luck." she says with the same almost smile.

((You can ask more questions if you want. Otherwise proceed to your next destination, where ever you want that to be))
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Colt » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 3

Colt gives a small bow of his head to the 'elf' when he introduces himself more fully. "True. I kind of figured that out, but thank you." He then focuses his attention on the picture only and takes in as much detail as he possibly can, just because it is habit and a good idea...and in case Ignatos isn't giving him the photograph.

He gives a slow nod. "Likes rats. No killing. Lightning rod. Goblin Hole. Yup. Got it." He stands up and gives another head bow. "I shall do my best to retrieve your property, Mr. Ignatos. Have a pleasant day. The last bit sounds a bit weird coming from him, like it's not a phrase he is used to saying.

He glances at the young woman with her almost smile. He gives her a nod as well. "Hope to see you again soon."

(Goblin Hole)
Colt
Colt

M.D.C. by Location

Colt
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:18 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 65

Minerva drives her Streetwolf past the Crimson Dragon and takes interest in its signage. Me pregunto qué tienen en esta tienda? Parking her bike, she walks in and takes a look around. Noting that they have magical items, she pays particular attention to the prices of any potions and rings they have lying around. Once she's looked through everything, she asks the patron "Do you have any potions for Speed, Breathing without oxygen or soberness? I have plans for these."

Shopping list help
Herb Magic from Book of Magic page 279. Book prices listed here.
:arrow: Dwarf Elder/Danewart: Prevent drunkenness for an hour. 1000 for a potion.
:arrow: Ginseng: Super Speed. 4000 for a potion.
:arrow: Horsetail: Breathe Without Air. 5000 for a potion.

Translations
Me pregunto qué tienen en esta tienda?=I wonder what they have in this store?
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.

Minerva

Postby SNAFU » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 am

Minerva spots a glass case containing a plethora of rings.

Available Single Power Rings
• Tongues: Lasts 10 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 100,000 Universal Credits.
• X-Ray Vision: Lasts 10 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 200,000 Universal Credits.
• Chameleon: 20 melees; twice daily. Cost: 200,000 Universal Credits.
• Diminish (self; six inches tall): 15 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 235,000 Universal Credits.
• Fleet Feet: 10 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 150,000 Universal Credits.
• Fly (as an eagle): 60 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 300,000 Universal Credits.
• Impervious to Fire: 60 minutes; twice daily. Cost 150,000 Universal Credits.[/color]
• Impervious to Cold: 60 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 140,000 Universal Credits.
• Impervious to Horror Factor: 30 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 140,000 Universal Credits.
• Invisibility: 10 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 230,000 Universal Credits.
• Levitation: 10 minutes; four times daily. Cost: 225,000 Universal Credits.
• Metamorphosis Animal: 30 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 325,000 Universal Credits. (rare)
• Metamorphosis Human: 30 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 475,000 Universal Credits. (rare)
• Multiple image: 20 minutes; twice daily. Cost: 150,000 Universal Credits.
• Nightvision 60': 60 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 65,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Circles: Constant; +1 to save. Cost: 175,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Circles: Constant; +2 to save. Cost: 350,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Spell Magic: Constant +1 to save. Cost: 175,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Psionics: Constant +1 to save. Cost: 175,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Undead: Holds undead at bay. Cost: 50,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Undead: Holds undead at bay & makes wielder impervious to vampire's hypnotic gaze/mind control. Cost: 225,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Wards: Constant +1 to save. Cost: 175,000 Universal Credits.
• Protection from Witches: Constant +1 to save. Cost: 140,000 Universal Credits.
• Resist Cold: Two hours; three times daily. Cost: 20,000 Universal Credits.
• Resist Fire: Two hours; three times daily. Cost: 20,000 Universal Credits.
• Sense Evil: 8 melee rounds; three times daily. Cost: 30,000 Universal Credits.
• Sense Magic: 8 melee rounds; three times daily. Cost: 40,000 Universal Credits.
• Sense Traps: 10 minutes; twice daily. Range: 12' radius. Cost: 250,000 Universal Credits.
• Size of the Behemoth: 10 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 205,000 Universal Credits.
• Superhuman Strength: 10 minutes; three times daily. Cost: 200,000 Universal Credits.

"You are in luck! Our Palladium Raider connection has just delivered this excellent stock."

Minerva wrote: "Do you have any potions for Speed, Breathing without oxygen or soberness? I have plans for these."

Shopping list help
Herb Magic from Book of Magic page 279. Book prices listed here.
:arrow: Dwarf Elder/Danewart: Prevent drunkenness for an hour. 1000 for a potion.

Translations
Me pregunto qué tienen en esta tienda?=I wonder what they have in this store?

"We are running low on some things, but I believe we do have the potions you seek, yes.."

Available: well stocked

Available: 8 doses

Available: 5 doses
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Minerva » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 52

After perusing the case, Minerva decides on the Ring of Fleet Feet and Ring of Resist Fire. "I would have four Dwarf Elder potions and three Horsetail potions." Realizing that she's forgotten her manners, she follows that up with "Please, dragon sir." Minerva brings her card out to pay for everything and bows her head when being addressed by the dragon. El respeto. Los dragones exigen respeto.

Translations
El respeto. Los dragones exigen respeto.=Respect. Dragons demand respect.
Minerva
Grace Minerva

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon

Minerva

Postby SNAFU » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:49 pm

"¡Qué lindo cabello tienes! Estoy seguro de que estos anillos los harán hermosos y mortales en el fragor de la batalla o bailando alrededor de los fuegos del festival, como es su placer. Gracias por su compra, venga de nuevo por sus necesidades herbales, a menudo recibimos envíos de acciones nuevas e interesantes"

Translation
What pretty hair you have! I’m sure these rings will make you both beautiful and deadly in the heat of battle or dancing around the festival fires, as is your pleasure. Thank you for your purchase, please come again for your herbal needs we often receive shipments of new and interesting stock

Ring of Fleet Feet
[insert image here: 100 pixels in height, .png format, transparent background]
[insert type of item here]
Magic Features
• Fleet Feet: 10 minutes; three times daily

Ring of Resist Fire
[insert type of item here]
Magic Features
• Resist Fire: Two hours; three times daily

Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Fleet Feet[/b]
[size=85][insert type of item here]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Fleet Feet: 10 minutes; three times daily[/size]

[b]Ring of Resist Fire[/b]
[size=85][insert type of item here]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Resist Fire: Two hours; three times daily[/size]
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Minerva » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 52

Minerva's eyes light up when the dragon begins speaking to her in Spanish. "Oh! ¡Tu hablas español! Me disculpo, estoy rodeado de aquellos que no conocen mi lengua materna. ¡Eres tan sabio y tu tienda es hermosa! Te gusta mi pelo? Me siento honrado de recibir un complemento de uno como usted. ¡Tus balanzas son hermosas! En cualquier caso, gracias por las compras. ¡Ahora debo ir a mi nuevo hogar y asegurarme de que no asesinen al repartidor de flores! Él era un lindo perro chico. Tal vez le daría un beso en la mejilla. ¡Adiós por ahora!" Minerva takes her purchases, loads them into her Streetwolf and heads back to the Haunt.

((To The Haunt))

Translations
"Oh! You speak Spanish! I apologize, I am surrounded by those who do not know my native tongue. You are so wise and your shop is beautiful! You like my hair? I am honored to receive a complement from one such as yourself. Your scales are beautiful! At any rate, thank you for the purchases. I must now go to my new home and make sure they do not murder the flower delivery boy! He was a cute dog boy. Maybe I will give him a kiss on the cheek. Goodbye for now!"
Minerva
Grace Minerva

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Minerva

Return to The Mystic Quarter