The Wizard's Chest (142)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Wizard's Chest (142)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2009 2:19 pm

The Wizard's Chest is a small magic shop, with a limited and rather disjointed selection of goods - mostly items he can buy cheap from mercs and adventurers, or which he finds and snaps up at the Flea Market. Dorian Segali runs this small magic shop where he sells the inherited magic scrolls, items and trinkets of his presumably deceased sister as well as items that he's come into possession of more recently. His selection is rather limited and sporadic. His real popularity comes from the fact that he buys magic items from adventurers at the best rate in MercTown, typically 25-45% of the item's real value.

On prominent display is a magnificent-looking warhammer:

Martel (Sold to Minerva from the Spook Squad)

Info on Martel
Code: Select all
[b]Martel[/b] [size=85][i](Unique item for sale by Dorian Segali at The Wizard's Chest)[/i][/size]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/01/13/20180113104408-33bb8e4e.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Very rare, enchanted war hammer[/i]
M.D.C.: Indestructible
Damage: 3D4+2D6
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Thunder Hammer: Applicable only to blunt weapons, excluding ball & chain types. The weapon inflicts an extra 2D6 damage and lets out a booming thunderclap each time it strikes or is struck.
• Turns Holder Fire Resistant: Normal fire does half damage (magic fire does full damage), four times daily. Duration: 20 minutes.
Curse: None
History: Legend has it that Martel was named after the lover of its first wielder, Sir Dalamir, a Paladin of the Court of Seven. Sir Dalamir is said to have been the lover of the King’s eldest daughter, Martel, who was to be wed to another. When the King found out about their forbidden love, he exiled Sir Dalamir and stripped him of all rank and title. The legends say that Sir Dalamir would sneak into the Kingdom to see his lover, and use the war hammer's loud thunderclap to send a signal to Martel. Over the years that same thunderclap has inspired others to continue to fight for what they love. During Tolkeen’s war with the Coalition, Martel’s booming thunderclap was a battle cry that rallied those around to take up arms against the Coalition.[/size]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: The Wizard's Chest (142)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 5

"Hello?" Barric says deeply as he enters the shop, looking for the shopkeeper. As much as I hate to give it up, I need some stronger weaponry if I'm going to survive in this business. Martel has served its usefulness but unfortunately our parting time has come. I'm short on credits and I need some new gear. Once greeted by the shopkeeper, Barric will smile wide and pull Martel out and present it, "I'm here to sell an artifact today, Martel. This weapon has served me for quite some time and has never failed me. When I fought against the Coalition, this weapon was what kept me alive. It is an ancient enchanted warhammer, quite rare as I'm sure you're aware of. It will grant the wielder resistance to fire based attacks, regardless of magical nature, as well as release a loud booming sound with each strike. It is quite the powerful weapon indeed, and as far as I have ever known it, will never falter regardless of attacks leveled against it.” Barric pauses and begins speaking on its background, “Legend has it that this weapon has been passed through the generations and was once the weapon of a heroic Paladin. Throughout the years, Martel’s thunderclap has called to arms some of the greatest warriors of time.”

“So,” Barric says with a slight pause, “What could I get for a weapon such as this?”

Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 28/55% PASS!
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucid Dreams » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 am

"Quite the magical item." Dorian says, turning the hammer over in his hands in examination. After about an hour of asking about its origin and cross-referencing various books in his library, the shopkeeper seems prepared to answer your question.

"I would offer you 350,000 universal credits for your magical warhammer Martel." There is a slight twinkle in Dorian's eyes as if he is waiting to see if you will engage in the bartering process.
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Barric Darkwind » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 75

Bringing a clawed hand up to his chin, Barric mulls over the offer for a moment. That amount is quite a lot, but Martel is a personal item to me. If I’m going to let it go I may need just a bit more of an incentive. “Hmm...350,000 is just a bit south of what I was thinking,” Barric says as his eyes start to drift over the minor amulets and trinkets inside of the store. “How does 350,000 and one of your minor magical amulets or rings sound? Do you have anything that can be used to store magical energy for future use, or perhaps something that can increase my strength?”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lucid Dreams » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 am

Dorian smiles politely at Barric's mention of the word 'minor'. His smile grows slightly more polite, with thinned lips as the Tokanni asks for either a PPE battery or something that would augment his already considerable strength.

"If you were asking for something like an amulet that would glow on command, I could certainly toss that in. However, your request for a PPE battery is actually a bit more challenging. And augmenting your strength... well, you already look quite naturally strong. I doubt any minor magical trinkets I could provide would be able to boost that any further." The shopkeeper purses his lips as he considers his customer.

"I might be able to help you with a PPE battery. It just so happens that I am branching out into the PPE battery sale and recharging business. I currently have three on-hand. Two rings and one amulet. Each of them are created using the Talisman incantation. So are able to store 50 PPE each. The kicker is that you will need to come back here to recharge them. They do not recharge on their own, cannot be recharged by setting them on ley lines or by any other practitioner of magic save some manner of deity. " Dorian opens up and reaches into a display case pulling a pendant and two plain-looking rings out.

"They sell for 100,000 universal credits each. And recharging service will be 5000 credits. Since you plan on selling this magical warhammer to me, I can give you a discount on one of the talisman PPE batteries. Instead of paying you 350,000, I will pay you 300,000 for your warhammer and allow you to take home one of the talismans. Nominally reducing the price of the talisman PPE battery to 50,000. How does that sound?" The shopkeeper folds his hands in front of him and adopts a relaxed posture, giving Barric ample time to mull the proposition over.
Lucid Dreams
Game Master

Postby Barric Darkwind » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:45 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 92

Barric offers a toothy smile to Dorian, “You’ve got yourself a deal. I’d prefer a ring, granted you have one that can fit my fingers.” Extending a clawed hand, Barric offers a handshake to finish the deal. “I’ll be back when it needs recharging. I’ll be seeing you around, Dorian.” Collecting his payment and handing over, Martel, Barric finalizes his transaction and waves goodbye before heading for the door.

((Weapons of Wonder))
Conditions
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit

Accurate as of 10JUL17
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 19

Minerva rides her Streetwolf Motorcycle from the Haunt to The Wizard's Chest. She steps in and removes her hood. Taking a look around, she keeps an eye out for anything that might help her in her adventuring. Once she looks around the store, she stops and takes a look at Martel.

"Excuse me sir, this hammer. What makes it special?"
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Dorian Segali looks up from his desk, "Well for one it is indestructible! Second. it can make it's wielder fire resistant. Finally, it let's out a booming burst of thunder on a strike which hurts the victim's ears and body," He gives Minerva a wink, "You interested in picking up a hammer?"
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 61

"Yes. I believe I am. One can only rely on their own personal strengths for so long. How much would you like for this hammer? I believe I may find it quite useful."
Minerva
Grace Minerva

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:29 pm

HE is nodding in the affirmative, "I agree wholeheartedly. The weapon costs 350,000 universal credits." He goes on telling Minerva a little about the history of the weapon.
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 88

After the history lesson, Minerva nods and says "Sí. El arma de un amante. Muy apropiado para mi vida. I will take Martel and give her a good home, Señor Segali. Gracias." She hands over her Secure Universal Card and has him charge her the 350,000 credits. Securing the hammer to her utility belt, she asks, "Do you have anything else of interest for sale, Señor? A woman can never have too much."

Translations
"Sí. El arma de un amante. Muy apropiado para mi vida.=Yes. A lover's weapon. Very fitting for my life."
Minerva
Grace Minerva

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 pm

He smiles at Minerva, "Well dear, we have a few magical rings and earrings with various protective enchantments at the moment. What type of protection are you looking for?"
Spooks OOC
Adventures of The Spooks

Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Minerva » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 93

"Well, with what I have in mind, they may need protection from me." She gives a silly wink and then proceeds to talk about protective magics and illusory boosts that she thinks may help her.

Ideas
  • Ring of Charismatic Aura
  • Amulet of Chromatic Protection
  • Earring of Mask of Deceit
Minerva
Grace Minerva

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Mystic Quarter