Heroes Haven (145a)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:15 am

Barracuda

Zoe is walking through with a shopping bag, looking for Marit. Passing Barracuda, he asks her " "Hey! Where can I go to pick up some new clothes? I went to that Erdano's place once, but it was expensive and that suit didn't last very long... Vampires."

She stops and ponders for a moment. "Well, the swap meet and flea market always has ample t-shirt vendors as well as plenty of other clothing. However, if you are looking for more durable wear, Wilderness Equipment Outlet in the Spokes carries outdoor wear. How bad is your suit? Erdano's has a good reputation. Maybe they would repair the damage?" She says, doubtful about what might be left of Barracuda's suit.

"Well, I best find Marit." She says, turning to leave.

Watcher

You are aware that this city has several districts. You may be able to find a business to make the jigs for you, if you didn't want to do so yourself. Also knowing the organics fail to grasp your nature, it may be helpful to enlist one of the squishy beings you have been allied with.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 19

"Oh, that suit is toast. Threw it in the trash. I caught a fireball to the chest. Not the best day. So, this Swap Meet... where's that located?" Once Zoe gives him directions, he'll head off toward the Swap Meet to purchase some clothing.

To Swap Meet & Flea Market
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 am

JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 81
PER: 1d20+9 = 18

Grant Latham wrote:"She's indicated that Dweomer is concerned about the Whither Gate. It's possible we will travel there as well. Nebula mentioned that you have actually been there before. What was it like? I would think all of Heroes for Hire would be welcome if you wish to come with me."

Ronith nods. "Of course you may go to the guild. You need not answer for your movements while we are in MercTown- merely keep your radio with the team frequency handy in case something comes up. Once everyone has completed their business in town, we meet back here to review everything we learned about the Wither Cave and plan our next move."

"As for Dweomer, we did some mercenary work for them some time ago. The city itself was interesting enough, and the Three personable if a bit... standoffish. To be honest, we spent little time there. Back in those days our team traveled frequently via shifter, so we rarely lingered outside of MercTown once our work was completed. Our relations with them are generally good, though, so if they can help I suspect they shall. Enjoy your trip to the guild."

Zoe Barenger wrote:"Thank you Sir Ronith. This is most kind of you. Please, let me know my duties so that I won't be a burden." she says, bowing deeply.

"Beltin will be remaining here to supervise company operations while the rest of us go into the field. He shall be in charge of your training as well, so after you've had a chance to rest and refresh from the journey here you are to report to him for all assignments." Ronith barely represses a smile as he, finally, succeeds in foisting the over-eager elf off on someone else.

Zoe Barenger wrote:"I will." Amie says, with her suggestive smile firmly in pace. She turns to the rest. "It was good to meet you all. Do be safe. Perhaps we will meet again." and waves a casual hand as she leaves Haven.

Ronith returns her smile with one of his own, and a nod. An unusual woman... I guess there is nothing more to say again. He watches her go for a moment before retreating to his quarters. There, Ronith will review his arsenal but, finding nothing that needs to be replaced or upgraded, contents himself with double-checking everything then falling into his usual sword drills and meditation whenever he needs something to do.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 53/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Watcher » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 28 (+2 in darkness / +1 in wide open spaces / +3 underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 20

Once fully charged Watcher rises back into the air and searches the Haven for either Ronith or Beltin. Whichever the robot runs into first it says, "I require additional materials and assistance to finish accessing the memory modules I salvaged from Eight. The modules are not of The Creator and foreign to me. Almost more like one of your organs than a data storage device." You can almost hear the italics in the way it speaks of The Creator, there is a reverence there, some form of mysticism. It details what it has managed to figure out thus far about the jig and perhaps needing to consult a cyberdoc.
Who watches the Watcher?
Status
M.D.C.: 150 Force Field, 190 Main Body, 75 Left Arm, 30 Left Hand, 75 Right Arm, 30 Right Hand, 75 Weapon Arm
Constant Effects
360 degree vision, can't be surprised; Every technological sensor; Impervious to poison, gas, and biological agents, as well as psionic and magic mind control, charms, and Bio-Manipulation
User avatar
Watcher
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Virtus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Sir Ronith

In between your training, you think you hear Beltin's voice echoing from a distance. It sounds like he is putting Rae through drills. While you pause to listen, Zoe knocks before entering.

"While you are here I need you to do a few things before you depart again." she says, handing you a stack of folders and papers. "Some of these you will need to take to the government offices. Also you need to stop by the merc registration offices for an update. Review the maintenance schedule for the Haven and approve,... she continues speaking for several minutes. It seems some of these chores have been waiting for a while. Barring too many interruptions it sounds like it could take several days. "Oh also, if you could do me a favor." she says, handing you a large case. "It's a rare book. I need you to return this to a friend of mine here in town. I've tried stopping by several times, but she's not been at home. It's here, east side of the Mystic Quarter. 117 Labyrinth Row. Careful with the book. It's worth more than most power armor."

Watcher

As you question Ronith about accompanying you out shopping, Marit happens by and decides to stop. She gives a little wave and smiles warmly. Walking closer, she seems to be examining you curiously. "Hi. Beltin told me more of you. I wanted to see again. He said you are a robot? Like uncontrolled?" Her accent is quite thick, but certainly understandable. "Things like you are still alien to me. Where did you come from?"

Her question seems innocent enough but a memory seems to come as if to answer the question, even though no query was performed. A white hall where several models like you are set into alcoves in the wall. A humanoid shapes enters the the memory image before the whole scene ends. The memory scene is not yours, but either Eight's or one of the other Watcher units it had interfaced with.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 10 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 5

Constant Abilities:
  • Sense Ley Line: 64%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 74%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

I.S.P.: 40/40
P.P.E.: 180/180

Looking up at the entrance of his new home, Grant can't help but feel a little satisfied. Walking in, he says, "Honey, I am home." with a bit of laughter in his voice. The sounds of his team in this relaxed environment makes him happy. He moves to his new room and finally unpacks his back pack and stows it in the cabinet and closet.

Radio: Basic 79% vs 1d100 = 84 Calibrate PRC-5 Nope

Grant takes out his new purchase and heads to the living room and finds a seat so he can be in the middle of the 'action' as he reads through the instructions and calibrates the radio, depending who crosses his path first he asks, "Do you know the encrypted frequency I need to calibrate my new radio? I may have to read the manual again, I thought I understood the process."

Later, Grant looks for Sir Ronith, I'll stay the night, but tomorrow I want to head back to Houstown. "Sir Ronith, if there isn't any pressing that requires my presence, I plan to head out to Houstown tomorrow," Grant says. "Your still welcome to come along," he holds up his radio, "and look, I finally have a radio."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:53 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 41
PER: 1d20+9 = 13

Basic Mechanics: 1d100 = 84 vs. 86%
Attempting to help Grant

Watcher wrote:"I require additional materials and assistance to finish accessing the memory modules I salvaged from Eight. The modules are not of The Creator and foreign to me. Almost more like one of your organs than a data storage device."
Ronith purses his lips and thinks the matter over. "Perhaps a consultation with a cybernetics expert is warranted. I received my own augmentation at MercTown's Hospital and have been most satisfied with the results. If you have even a small amount of money, that should be sufficient I think." Ronith pauses again, remembering some of the robot's more... interesting interactions with those the team has encountered on its journeys. "Perhaps someone else on the team should accompany you. I can meet you there, but have some company business to attend to first. If you like, you can accompany me on it and we can then proceed to the hospital together, but I know that learning more about these modules is a priority for you and do not with to unduly delay you."

Grant Latham wrote:"Do you know the encrypted frequency I need to calibrate my new radio? I may have to read the manual again, I thought I understood the process...Sir Ronith, if there isn't any pressing that requires my presence, I plan to head out to Houstown tomorrow,"
Ronith assists Grant in setting up his new radio, and adds "So soon? Well, as you wish. I would go with, but I have some business to finish here in town first, and I promised Watcher my assistance with his own matter. I do not believe that the team's radios will suffice to cover such a large distance, but I trust that you can handle yourself. You can either locate a way to stay in touch with us in Houstown, or we can arrange for you to rendezvous back here with us in a few days, whichever you think best accommodates your requirements. I am loath to send you back unescorted, but I trust that Zero Moon and the others can keep you safe."

Virtus wrote:"While you are here I need you to do a few things before you depart again... Some of these you will need to take to the government offices. Also you need to stop by the merc registration offices for an update. Review the maintenance schedule for the Haven and approve,...Oh also, if you could do me a favor." she says, handing you a large case. "It's a rare book. I need you to return this to a friend of mine here in town. I've tried stopping by several times, but she's not been at home. It's here, east side of the Mystic Quarter. 117 Labyrinth Row. Careful with the book. It's worth more than most power armor."

Ronith allows a little frustration to creep into his voice. "Zoe, taking care of this sort of routine business is exactly why we keep you on the payroll. Matters are afoot in Houstown, and with the cyber-knights, and I do not have the time to linger in MercTown and take care of administrata. I am happy to take care of anything that absolutely requires my direct presence, but Beltin will be taking an extended furlough here- he has my full authority to handle everything else."

Stifling an exasperated sigh, Ronith adds "I shall return your book as well. Something so valuable should not be escorted by anyone less than the best, and the task should not take long." Ronith will take care of anything else on Zoe's 'to-do list' that he needs to, but is dead serious about delegating as much as possible to Beltin. Once that's done, he will take the book and proceed to the address Zoe provided (with Watcher, and anyone else at the Haven who needs something to do, in tow if they are so inclined).

((Virtus I will wait for you to create the new thread, unless you'd like me to do it or we should just play it out here.))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 53/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Virtus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am

To Ronith's criticisms, Zoe's eyes flash. "Once you read through the documentation, some of it addresses legalities that need resolved. And as you can see, I've already saved you a large amount of time by compiling the information for you. I am not a secretary, but do my best to make better use of your time. While Beltin may have your full authority here, the government has its own ... requirements." It seems as though she has more she might say, but recomposes herself.

"And what about the Cyber-Knights? Here or back in Houstown? I know there are a couple here who have turned their backs on the order and lost their purpose, but surely you aren't talking about them." It is clear she has disdain in her voice for fallen knights but it almost surprised to hear you bring up the order as a matter needing your attention."

When Ronith takes her package, Zoe seems to soften her stance. "Thank you, I do appreciate it. I've stopped by several times, but she has not been home apparently. I don't like it resting in my care for too long."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 24

Constant Abilities:
  • Sense Ley Line: 64%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 74%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

I.S.P.: 40/40
P.P.E.: 180/180

With the radio calibrated, Grant putters around the rest of the day and then goes to bed early to get a good nights sleep. In the morning, he puts his gear back in his pack and dresses for the road. Just got here and now back on the road, but the rewards should be awesome!

He says his farewells, "Bye everyone, hopefully I won't be gone to long." Oddly instead of going back to the front door he goes back to his room. With the energy of the ley line permeating everything in the Mystic Quarter, Grant absorbs the additional energy. He reviews the photo of where he'd spent most of his time in Houstown when not helping out. He breathes in and out calming his mind and then casts the magic to teleport. In an instant he is gone.

To Houstown
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Watcher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 13 (+2 in darkness / +1 in wide open spaces / +3 underwater)
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 43

Virtus wrote:As you question Ronith about accompanying you out shopping, Marit happens by and decides to stop. She gives a little wave and smiles warmly. Walking closer, she seems to be examining you curiously. "Hi. Beltin told me more of you. I wanted to see again. He said you are a robot? Like uncontrolled?" Her accent is quite thick, but certainly understandable. "Things like you are still alien to me. Where did you come from?"

"Hello Marit Delhomme," Watcher says in reply. "I am not a drone if that is what you mean but I would not say I am uncontrolled. I take in input, evaluate it, and act just as you do. I came from the garage where I was recharging my batteries. Do you require directions?"

Ronith wrote:Ronith purses his lips and thinks the matter over. "Perhaps a consultation with a cybernetics expert is warranted. I received my own augmentation at MercTown's Hospital and have been most satisfied with the results. If you have even a small amount of money, that should be sufficient I think." Ronith pauses again, remembering some of the robot's more... interesting interactions with those the team has encountered on its journeys. "Perhaps someone else on the team should accompany you. I can meet you there, but have some company business to attend to first. If you like, you can accompany me on it and we can then proceed to the hospital together, but I know that learning more about these modules is a priority for you and do not with to unduly delay you."

"I will accompany you," Watcher says moving to a position near Ronith's right shoulder. "I have found that your kind makes assumptions about me and it seems to me that perhaps playing along might be the best strategy instead of fighting it. The advantage is mine if I am seen as nothing more than an appendage."

The robot is quiet as Zoe and Ronith discuss matters and is ready to depart whenever the cyberknight wishes.
Who watches the Watcher?
Status
M.D.C.: 150 Force Field, 190 Main Body, 75 Left Arm, 30 Left Hand, 75 Right Arm, 30 Right Hand, 75 Weapon Arm
Constant Effects
360 degree vision, can't be surprised; Every technological sensor; Impervious to poison, gas, and biological agents, as well as psionic and magic mind control, charms, and Bio-Manipulation
User avatar
Watcher
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ronith » Mon May 01, 2017 8:23 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 51
PER: 1d20+9 = 21

Ronith nods to Watcher. "As you wish"

Virtus wrote:To Ronith's criticisms, Zoe's eyes flash. "Once you read through the documentation, some of it addresses legalities that need resolved. And as you can see, I've already saved you a large amount of time by compiling the information for you. I am not a secretary, but do my best to make better use of your time. While Beltin may have your full authority here, the government has its own ... requirements."
"But Zoe..." Ronith adds with a smirk, "...you are a secretary." Unable to resist this last dig, the cyber-knight takes whatever documentation Zoe needs him (and only him) to review and will start doing so).

Virtus wrote:"And what about the Cyber-Knights? Here or back in Houstown? I know there are a couple here who have turned their backs on the order and lost their purpose, but surely you aren't talking about them."
"Both, and neither I suppose. An elder knight I met in Houstown charged me with a grave task, and part of it entails doing what I can about the schism. Those who defied the order believed we were doing the right thing- the war proved us wrong, but war is a horrible thing. I shall not judge those who found themselves unable to return to the order afterwards, not while there is still a chance they can be redeemed and shown the way back to the light."

If that concludes his business at the Haven, Ronith will take the book Zoe wants delivered and head out with Watcher in tow.

((-> 117 Labyrinth Row))
Last edited by Ronith on Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
+11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 53/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Fri May 05, 2017 9:21 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 30


With shopping bags in tow, Ben makes his way to his room and puts away his clothing. Once he's got it all put away, he changes into a pair of jeans, a purple button up shirt and boots. "Well damn, I finally got some new clothes and a trident on the way, but that was a lot of work. I think I'm gonna grab some food and a drink!"

To the: Lone Star Saloon
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:14 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 85%
-----------------------------------
"Footwork. Remember to return to your 'en garde' position after your attack. Else you expose yourself to counter-attack." Beltin emphasize his point by extending his blunted sword at Rae's exposed flank, causing the fledgling swordsman to flinch and snap back into a proper guard. The mentor and mentee then exchange a series of strikes, parries and ripostes in a growing crescendo of speed. The halls of the Haven Gym echo with their efforts. A bit later, Beltin calls for a break in their training regimen. He can clearly see signs of exhaustion on Rae's face and notices a deterioration in her form. "Well done. I think that will be enough for today," the young mind melter says encouragingly. "A few more sessions like these and you will be done with the foundation of your bladesmanship and we will be able to cover more advanced fighting techniques and tease out a style that fits your demeanor best. In the meantime, hydrate, rest your body and hit the books to exercise your mind. After all, a blade isn't particularly useful if you can't properly direct it." Beltin smiles warmly in Rae's direction before grabbing a towel to hit the showers himself. He knows Rey to be an eager student and won't break training unless the instructor leaves first.

Beltin's time back at the Haven has been quite rejuvenating for the young mind melter. He has been able to spend some quality time with Marit, has eaten plenty of delicious meals and is enjoying the many luxuries of home. Coming out of the shower, he absently walks the grounds, noticing that the team seems to be out and away. More surprising however is Zoe's absence at a time not typical for the running of any errands. He manages to find Marit who is able to explain how she received a call from Ronith and Watcher before leaving in a hurry.

I wonder what sort of event would warrant such hasty behavior from Zoe. Teammate injury? No, Zoe wouldn't be the contact. Perhaps something related to the elements? Maybe, but might not require urgent departure. Hmm, I might as well stop postulating and simply radio it in.

Beltin gets dressed before patching into the team's radio frequency and calling it in.

"Beltin here. Was just informed that Zoe left the Haven in a hurry after a call from you. Is everything alright? Is my assistance needed?"
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:00 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 89

Barric throws open the door to the Heroes Haven and announces himself loudly, “Barric here! I’m back and I’ve brought company!” I wonder if anyone is home? Barric turns to Titus and clasps a hand on the Wolfen’s shoulder, “Let’s wait here for Ronith. As I am still rather new to this outfit, I think it best to keep the guests to the common area. I’m sure you understand.” Barric will then key his radio to the team’s frequency, “Ronith. I have a potential mission for us as well as an individual who wishes to speak to you. We’ll be at the Haven whenever you get back.” Barric will then guide Titus to find a seat in the Haven, “So, how are you finding your time on our planet?”
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Virtus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Marit has been aglow since Beltin's return. She has improved in her American. She regales him with stories of new friends she has made in the neighborhood. Naturally, she keeps you to herself for a couple days. Dawn brings joy and evening brings rest. As lonely as the time apart, more vibrant is the reunion.

Rae is an astute student. Her passion augments her natural ability. As Beltin brings the session to a close, she bows respectfully and thanks you for the lesson.

Barric, whom you met while in Houstown returns. Sir Ronith offered the Tokanii a position. He has returned with a Wolfen Beltin doesn't recognize.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:38 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+6 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 75%
-----------------------------------
Barric's ostentatious announcement echoes across the compound. Barric, the demonic-looking Tokanii. What an animated character. Beltin chuckles to himself as he makes his way toward the gathering. His subsequent communication over the team's comms also gives the young mind melter something to ponder. A new mission and a new recruit? Interesting times.

"Hello and welcome to Heroes' Haven." Beltin says in warm greeting to the newcomer. "My name is Beltin Delhomme. I believe Sir Ronith and the rest of the squad are currently away. That leaves me to host. Would you care for a cold beverage or something to eat?" The latter part of the question is accompanied by a micro-expression of concern. Did I just volunteer Marit to cook? I hope she's alright with that. When given refreshment requests, Beltin will nod dutifully, "Please, make yourselves comfortable," before heading to the kitchen to fetch the comestibles. He returns in short order with whatever is asked for and also an iced tea and short stack of pancakes for himself.

"If you don't mind repeating yourself to Sir Ronith a second time later, I sure would like to hear about the potential mission and certainly would like to meet..." Beltin's gaze falls upon the Wolfen in quiet askance for an introduction. After a name is given, he will prompt for a bit more details about background and abilities.
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Rolls carried wrote:-----------------------------------
Perception: Original post: 1d20+6 = 12
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 14 | Original post: 1d100 = 75%
-----------------------------------


Ronith on Team's radio wrote:"I had hoped to give you some more time off with Marit, Beltin, but we may have a bit of a murder mystery on our hands. Your psychic skills may prove useful- meet us at 117 Labyrinth Row in the Mystic Quarter."


Beltin's relaxed nature suddenly gets serious. He sets down his food and drink. And his gaze affixes to Barric. "Did you hear that over the comms? Seems Sir Ronith has uncovered a murder mystery. Did you wish to lend a hand?"

Once he has enlisted Barric and TItus (assuming he introduces himself) to aid, Beltin will announce their impending arrival over the radio.

"Sir Ronith, Barric and I are en route. We will also be bringing a potential recruit who wishes to speak with you."

Before leaving, he makes sure that Marit knows he is leaving and that she also has a radio handy in case the team needs to communicate with her or if anything suspicious happens at the Haven.

((The Long Shadows of Twilight Adventure thread))
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Titus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Per: 1d20 = 10
JiC20: 1d20 = 7
JiC100:

ever since walking through a doorway, Titus feels a little confused. He blinked his golden eyes twice and found himself in the heroes haven.

Barric throws open the door to the Heroes Haven and announces himself loudly, “Barric here! I’m back and I’ve brought company!” I wonder if anyone is home? Barric turns to Titus and clasps a hand on the Wolfen’s shoulder, “Let’s wait here for Ronith. As I am still rather new to this outfit, I think it best to keep the guests to the common area. I’m sure you understand.” Barric will then key his radio to the team’s frequency, “Ronith. I have a potential mission for us as well as an individual who wishes to speak to you. We’ll be at the Haven whenever you get back.” Barric will then guide Titus to find a seat in the Haven, “So, how are you finding your time on our planet?”


"I am from a world where a heavy weapon is an arbalest or a ballista. earth's technology is like a whole new school of wizardry. I've heard accounts of bots fighting dragons, glitter boys and demons. It's amazing."

Realizing he is in a room of others, he rises and bows to all. "I'm Titus Ursus, a sophomore at the University of Lazlo. I was a captain in the Wolfen empire of Palladium before I came here. I hope I can be of some service."

He hears word of a murder mystery and is intrigued. "Kidnapped professors... A murder? I think this is what they meant at university as field experience. I would love to assist."

"Hello and welcome to Heroes' Haven." Beltin says in warm greeting to the newcomer. "My name is Beltin Delhomme. I believe Sir Ronith and the rest of the squad are currently away. That leaves me to host. Would you care for a cold beverage or something to eat?" The latter part of the question is accompanied by a micro-expression of concern. Did I just volunteer Marit to cook? I hope she's alright with that. When given refreshment requests, Beltin will nod dutifully, "Please, make yourselves comfortable," before heading to the kitchen to fetch the comestibles. He returns in short order with whatever is asked for and also an iced tea and short stack of pancakes for himself.


"Hmm, I would love an iced tea... Extra sweet if you would. And anything you have in the kitchen would be fine. It is nice to meet you, Beltin."
Titus
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barric Darkwind » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:52 am

((Rolls held))

Barric flashes a toothy smile, "I'm always up for a bit of an adventure. Titus, would you care to accompany us? You'll get your chance to meet Sir Ronith firsthand." Assuming Titus agrees, Barric will follow Beltin to the crime scene.
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper
M.D.C.: 165/165
P.P.E.: 91/113
I.S.P.: 87/97
Conditions
• -20% to detect w/ Thermal Systems
• 1/2 damage from all forms of fire
• Sense Supernatural Evil: 340'
• Horror Factor: 13
• Nightvision: 300'
• Sixth Sense
Equipment
• NG Stalker Suit
• N-F20A: 75/75
• Talisman P.P.E. Ring: 50/50

Accurate as of 10JUL17
User avatar
Barric Darkwind
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 43

Barracuda heads back to the Heroes Haven and notices the emptiness and silence of the place. Grabbing his radio from his gear, he calls out to the team. "Heroes for Hire, this is callsign Barracuda. The Haven is empty, where is everyone? Over."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Titus » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Per:1d20 = 7
JiC20:1d20 = 18
Jic100: 1d100 = 18

Barric Darkwind wrote:((Rolls held))

Barric flashes a toothy smile, "I'm always up for a bit of an adventure. Titus, would you care to accompany us? You'll get your chance to meet Sir Ronith firsthand." Assuming Titus agrees, Barric will follow Beltin to the crime scene.


"I've heard of cyber knights of their repute, but never met one personally. I really am not up on my exams, but I can hold my own.. Yes, take me to him, and let's adventure together." With interest, he follows Barric on to the so-called crime scene.

"Remember, follow these humans and D-bees and learn from them.
Titus
 

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 90

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 64%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 74%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 500'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)


Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 68/69
  • P.P.E.: 267/267


Grant teleports to the location he's memorized well in MercTown. He makes a quick stop at the Magic Guild and donates two talisman's of Armor of Ithan. "Please give those to those in need. Stay safe." Hopefully they will make it to a member who is just starting out, not have to cast that spell a few times may save his/her life.

With that out of the way he returns to the Heroes' Haven.

If he finds Marit, he says, a smile on his face to show his sincerity, "We've only spoken briefly, but I think highly of Beltin, so I wish to gift you with these trinkets." He gives her a talisman of Armor of Ithan and Breathe Without Air and explains what it does. "Do you know where Sir Ronith is?"

If he finds Barracuda, he says, "Hello Ben, it feels like it's been years since I've seen you." Grant looks a bit older than the last time Barracuda has seen him last, but there's no doubt it's Grant. "I have something for you," Grant reaches into one of his pouches and gives him a talisman of Armor of Ithan, Cleanse, Invulnerability, and Sustain on a simple silver chain. He then asks, "What date is it exactly? And what's been going on?" If they get a response from Sir Ronith, Grant joins Barracuda.

If he doesn't run into Barracuda he breaks out his radio and contacts Sir Ronith, "Sir Ronith, it's Grant, I've returned from my time with Nebula, if you need my assistance, please let me know, otherwise, I will be here in the Heroes' Haven." I wonder what the team has been up to while I've been gone.

OOC - I am thinking he would have missed Barric and Titus at the Haven.

Edit for Barracuda:

Code: Select all
[b]Talismans[/b]
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/pwiebens/Magic%20Items/talisman%20bracelet_zpsxnk0p51g.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]1 Shield shaped charm Talisman of Armor of Ithan (5th level, Duration: 5 min 50 M.D.C., 1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)  ([color=#BF0000]3[/color]/3 uses)
[*]1 Cube shaped charm Talisman of Cleanse (3/[color=#]3[/color] uses)
[*]1 Hollow Triangle shaped charm Talisman of Sustain (5th Level, Duration: 5 days, No need for food, water or breath, 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions([color=#BF0000]3[/color]/3 uses)
[*]1 Square shaped charm Talisman of Invulnerability (5th Level, Duration: 5 melees, Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins, 50 M.D.C. vs other attacks, +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor) ([color=#BF0000]3[/color]/3 uses)[/list][/size]
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:09 am

Team Comms wrote:"Beltin here. Squad is currently located at 117 Labyrinth Row. Sir Ronith's errand has escalated into a potential murder-mystery. Kindly join at your convenience."
User avatar
Beltin Delhomme
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:55 am

(Rolls Carried)

Beltin Delhomme wrote:
Team Comms wrote:"Beltin here. Squad is currently located at 117 Labyrinth Row. Sir Ronith's errand has escalated into a potential murder-mystery. Kindly join at your convenience."


Grant is in the midst of putting his stuff away in his room when the radio crackles to life. A murder? He didn't say it was a member of the team, it must be someone else. Labyrinth row is a residential district, isn't it?

Grant responds to Beltin using his radio, "Hello Beltin, it's Grant. I've just returned to Merc-Town, I will be there shortly."

Grant walks out of his room and calls out to Barracuda, "Benjamin! Did you hear the call from Beltin?"

If Barracuda answers, Grant offers with a smile, "I am headed over to them. You are welcome to travel in style on my magic carpet." He pulls the mat from his shoulder and begins loosing the knots.

Walking out the door, Grant lays the mat down on the street and quickly casts Fly upon it using the ambient energy through out the Mystic Quarter. It begins to float, dipping slightly as he steps on it and inserts his boots into the foot holds on it. He waits for Barracuda if he decides to join and then zips off up and over the buildings to 117 Labyrinth Row.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Barracuda » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:43 pm

(rolls carried)

Grant Latham wrote:If he finds Barracuda, he says, "Hello Ben, it feels like it's been years since I've seen you." Grant looks a bit older than the last time Barracuda has seen him last, but there's no doubt it's Grant. "I have something for you," Grant reaches into one of his pouches and gives him a talisman of Armor of Ithan, Cleanse, Invulnerability, and Sustain on a simple silver chain. He then asks, "What date is it exactly? And what's been going on?"


Damn dude... you aged. This planet is weird. "Grant! My man! How's it hanging, brother?" When Grant reaches into his pouch and hands him a chain with charms on it, Barracuda holds them up and says "Jewelry! Thanks. Cool pendant shapes. A cube, a triangle, a square, is that a shield? Where'd you get em? The pendant I always wear I've had since I was found on the beach. It's a shark's tooth. I'm no good with out it."

Team Comms wrote:"Beltin here. Squad is currently located at 117 Labyrinth Row. Sir Ronith's errand has escalated into a potential murder-mystery. Kindly join at your convenience."
Grant Latham wrote:"Benjamin! Did you hear the call from Beltin?"

If Barracuda answers, Grant offers with a smile, "I am headed over to them. You are welcome to travel in style on my magic carpet." He pulls the mat from his shoulder and begins loosing the knots.

"Yeah! Let's head down... You do... not... have a magic carpet."

Grant Latham wrote:Walking out the door, Grant lays the mat down on the street and quickly casts Fly upon it using the ambient energy through out the Mystic Quarter. It begins to float, dipping slightly as he steps on it and inserts his boots into the foot holds on it. He waits for Barracuda if he decides to join and then zips off up and over the buildings to 117 Labyrinth Row.

"This is like... a whole new world for you, dude." Barracuda jumps on his magic carpet with the new jewelry in hand. I've seen weirder things, I guess. How'd he get older so quick?
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:33 am

(rolls carried)

Barracuda wrote:Damn dude... you aged. This planet is weird. "Grant! My man! How's it hanging, brother?" When Grant reaches into his pouch and hands him a chain with charms on it, Barracuda holds them up and says "Jewelry! Thanks. Cool pendant shapes. A cube, a triangle, a square, is that a shield? Where'd you get em? The pendant I always wear I've had since I was found on the beach. It's a shark's tooth. I'm no good with out it."

"Well, it's more than just jewelry, it's magic. I picked the charms up in Dweomer when I was with Nebula. I figured it would be easier to pick the right talisman when need in an emergency if they had a unique shape." Grant says, a little disappointed that Barracuda is focused on the shapes not the spells.
Barracuda wrote:"This is like... a whole new world for you, dude." Barracuda jumps on his magic carpet with the new jewelry in hand. I've seen weirder things, I guess. How'd he get older so quick?

As Barracuda reaches Grant, Grant holds out his hand and says, "Do you trust me?" as he pulls him on board. Once they are in the air, Grant decides to be a bit frivolous with his power and casts Illusionary Terrain and Illusion Manipulation to create a subtle illusion of music while they are flying knowing that the mystical energies of the Mystic Quarter will replenish them before they land. The illusion is a song that he heard once that was supposedly composed by a were-wolf named Steppan.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Perception 1d100 = 51 vs. 30%
JIC 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 78

Zoe Barenger wrote:This sprawling two-story structure occupies an entire city block near the Collegiate Arcane. Two aerial entrances on the upper floor on the East and South sides of the building stand out as odd features on an otherwise unnoteworthy exterior. The building appears to be a nondescript brownstone mansion with inset one-way windows spaced regularly along both floors. There is a 25' rolling metal door on the South side of the building for access to the compound's garage, and a thick front door made from solid oak. A bronze plaque on the wall beside the front door bears the following engraved inscription:


Jack pulls up to haven on boar, wow... this has got be the first time I have felt such nostalgia. The building reminds him so much of his past home. A place that not only had he never thought he would see again but he had also resigned to never be reminded of that life again, living in this crazy mixed up world.

These guys are lucky to call this place home. I wonder if they appreciate it. Probabaly not! Nobody appreciates the old world anymore.

Jack gets off of boar and walks to the massive, beatiful oak front door. Knock, Knock... Who's there?

He knocks on the front door and waits for someone to answer.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:16 am

Zoe blinks her eyes as she looks up from her work. ”What was that?”. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts. ”Oh yeah! The messanger.” she waves her hand and a small gust of wind tidies her work area. Zoe then heads to the door.

Opening it, she smiles ’My apologies. I was working and lost track of time.” She steps back, opening door wider. With a motion to enter, ’Please come in.” Once Jack enters, she closes the door and looks at jack. ”My name is zoe. Welcome to the haven. Fixer called ahead and sent your photo and some basic info, so i knew who to expect. How my i help you?”
Heroes for Hire AGM

Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 vs 30%
JIC 1d20 = 20 & 1d100 = 90

Zoe Barenger wrote:Zoe blinks her eyes as she looks up from her work. ”What was that?”. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts. ”Oh yeah! The messenger.” she waves her hand and a small gust of wind tidies her work area. Zoe then heads to the door.

Opening it, she smiles ’My apologies. I was working and lost track of time.” She steps back, opening door wider. With a motion to enter, ’Please come in.” Once Jack enters, she closes the door and looks at jack. ”My name is Zoe. Welcome to the haven. Fixer called ahead and sent your photo and some basic info, so I knew who to expect. How my I help you?”


Zoe steps back opening the door and Jack has a chance to see her. He quickly realizes how long it has really been. How can you help me? I can think of a few ways. Jack's thoughts run wild and his cheeks start to blush. Thank god I have my face buff on, wouldn't want to scare this young lady

As she gesture for him to come inside he feels a sense of home which washes over him like a wave as he crosses over the threshold. If there was a reason he couldn't pin point it. Something just felt right. And I bet she would feel, Right. Jack looks around the room trying to get a feel for the décor. You can tell a lot about somebody from the way they keep their house. Get it together Jack. She is pretty and all but you don't need to screw this up. Get the details and get going on competing the job.

Skill Rolls:
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 59 vs 40% (Just to check and make sure it isn't a trap)
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 3 vs 35% (being nosey, getting a feel for his surroundings)


After what must have seen like an awkward two minutes of Jack just looking around silently, almost ignoring Zoe, "Hello Ms. Barenger. Yes, I am the messenger. I was hopeing you had some more details on how I could find this city of Dweomer?" Trying not to be too forward or have Zoe catch him looking at her he continues to look around while he talks. She is gonna think you have ADHD! Just look her in the eyes. You don't have to be a creep about it. She is gonna think your an weirdo.

"I was also wondering if you could give me some details on the package that I will be delivering. Am I free to see the contents? Anything safety wise I should be aware of? Anyone of particular note I should avoid?"Do you have a boyfriend?,He continues in his head.

If there is a package near by, a box or bag, anything that he might assume he was being asked to deliver, Jack will walk up to it and shake it. Put his ear to it. Give it a sniff. It is easy to tell that his time away from human kind has really played hard on his social skills. One would think having spent so much time in his adult life interacting with people he would have retained those skills longer than he did.

If there is no package in site he will just stare into Zoe's eyes awkwardly trying very hard not to look at the rest of her.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:07 am

Zoe watches as he walks to the package and “investigates” it. ”what an odd one.” she thinks with a smile.”Ahem!! Jack? Okay, that is the package i need delivered.’ She indicates the large manila envelope in his hands. ”I need that delivered to sir ronith ASAP.” she pauses as if listening, then there is a gentle breeze and all is quiet.

Looking in the envelope, Jacks sees a tablet, a folded note, and a universal cred stick. As he is poking in the envelope, ”So? Will you deliver it for me?” He hears zoe ask. ”His last known location was in dweomer City. how they got there i dont know. But i will see if i can contact someone.” She turns to leave the room. After a couple steps she turns back, ”Make yourself comfortable. I will get your something to eat and drink. Please be patient, i need to make a call.” With that, she leaves the room.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Zoe Barenger wrote:Zoe watches as he walks to the package and “investigates” it. ”what an odd one.” she thinks with a smile.”Ahem!! Jack? Okay, that is the package I need delivered.’ She indicates the large manila envelope in his hands. ”I need that delivered to Sir Ronith ASAP.” she pauses as if listening, then there is a gentle breeze and all is quiet.

Jack looks up at her, he waits momentarily to see if she has more to say. Feeling her eyes on him the butterflies set in, I need to look away, he thinks to himself. There is almost a feeling as if she is looking into his soul. She doesn’t want to see what is in there. Maybe before but not anymore. There is nothing left, they have stripped away my…, his thoughts drift further and further away until she speaks again.
Zoe Barenger wrote:”So? Will you deliver it for me?” He hears zoe ask. ”His last known location was in dweomer City. how they got there i dont know. But i will see if i can contact someone.” She turns to leave the room. After a couple steps she turns back, ”Make yourself comfortable. I will get your something to eat and drink. Please be patient, i need to make a call.” With that, she leaves the room.

“Yes, Miss Berringer. It is Miss correct? I can deliver this for you. I would greatly appreciate the help in locating it you are offering”, he replies to Zoe after snapping out of his day dream. Then as the entire moment snaps fully back to him, This Zoe is a strange one. Talk about mixed signals. The package must be delivered ASAP but I need to have patience? I wonder if she has split personalities. Before she is fully out of the room, ”Excuse me Zoe, but if you can, I would never turn down a sandwich. I’ll wait right here until you get back.” Jack walk over to the closest coach, takes a seat and unfolds the note and starts reading.

Sitting on the coach Jack realizes that he and Zoe have yet to discuss payment. She isn't thinking I'm doing this for a sandwich is she? I had better bring it up when she gets back. he thinks to himself casually while reading the note.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Virtus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:54 pm

While Zoe is gone, another woman happens into the room. She has a completely different presence. It's one of warmth and hospitality.

"Oh, ahh.. greeting. I was to looking for Zoe." she says in a heavy accent. Assuming you brief her on the obvious, she asks "Is there anything I can get you?" If a sandwich is still on his mind, she returns with astonishing speed bearing bread, meat and cheese on a cutting board and sets it near you, saying simply with smile "Eat." bringing her gathered fingers to her lips, miming the act.

She leaves again before Zoe enters.

"Sorry for that interruption, now back to business. Twenty five hundred credits is yours upon confirmation of delivery. Now the problem at hand is getting you there. Go to Magic Missives here in the Mystic Quarter and hand him this letter. He will deliver you to Dweomer. From there it's up to you. You might seek a Mr Horne who is supposed to be there. Just watch yourself. They don't cater to your type there."

With that she politely escorts you to the door.

"Good luck." she says as she shut the door.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Jack McDermott » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 am

Virtus wrote:While Zoe is gone, another woman happens into the room. She has a completely different presence. It's one of warmth and hospitality.

"Oh, ahh.. greeting. I was to looking for Zoe." she says in a heavy accent. Assuming you brief her on the obvious, she asks "Is there anything I can get you?" If a sandwich is still on his mind, she returns with astonishing speed bearing bread, meat and cheese on a cutting board and sets it near you, saying simply with smile "Eat." bringing her gathered fingers to her lips, miming the act.


Jack is thrilled with the offering and puts a sandwich together. "Thank you, I will. He replies to the woman. This Sir Ronith guy must be pretty important. Hell, he has a harem. He thinks to himself with a smile on his face. He takes a bite of the sandwich and before he is done chewing says, "This is great, Thank you! I'm sure it will hit the spot. Nothing like a woman who knows how and when to make a sandwich.

Virtus wrote:She leaves again before Zoe enters.

"Sorry for that interruption, now back to business. Twenty five hundred credits is yours upon confirmation of delivery. Now the problem at hand is getting you there. Go to Magic Missives here in the Mystic Quarter and hand him this letter. He will deliver you to Dweomer. From there it's up to you. You might seek a Mr Horne who is supposed to be there. Just watch yourself. They don't cater to your type there."

With that she politely escorts you to the door.

"Good luck." she says as she shut the door.


Feeling as though he is being pushed out the door he starts to ask, "Magic... as the door closes. Missives. Wow, She is a bit flighty. Maybe she didn't want me to try to negotiate or something. The other chick was much nicer. With his sandwich still in one hand he reaches for the map he recieved at the gate with his other hand. He looks on the map for Magic Missives and find it pretty easily. Well, let's see how much its gonna cost me to get there.


Jack hops on his boar and heads out to Magic Missives.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Zoe Barenger » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:15 pm

The Heroes arrive back to base, with no sign of pursuers and Jazia reunited with Zac and Weiss.

[[Virtus will take it from here; feel free to do catch up RPtil then]]
Heroes for Hire AGM

Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Virtus » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Conditions
Time 8:06pm
Temperature: 28F
Wind: 16mph out of the Northwest
Radio Traffic: Moderate
Magic Use: Extreme within 500ft


Winter has been gripping Merctown with unexpected snowfalls. Dirty snow drifts have been piled up against the curb in front of the Haven. The arrival of Heroes for Hire back home is an emotional one for Zac, filled with tears, sorrow, worry and finally joy. While there is a lot still left to discuss, Weiss, Jazia and Zac have plenty of space to decompress.

While everyone begins stowing gear, Marit has begun preparations for feast reasoning that, "It's a joyous time! So we eat and laugh and rejoice!" she says with an almost natural authority that isn't offensive or presumptuous. There is a new glow to her that seems to revel in family.

Later that evening, bread is broken and fruit of the vine is poured for all both in fermented and unfermented varieties. The music of life fills the air. A loud banging from the front door is heard. Zoe goes to see who is visiting. In a few moments she returns and catching Ronith's eye, waves him over. She adds, "Ashlynn and Josie, you may want to come as well."

Just inside the threshold are several mercs in heavy EBA and a human woman bearing the emblems of the Collegiate Arcane. Ashlynn and Josie recognize her as their liaison during their work patrolling the east.

One of the Mercs in Northern Gun Gladius exoskeleton flips up her face plate. "I'm Ravenhill and am the CO for Gallow Twelve. We're trying to gather a few merc units discreetly. There's been a lot of trouble out east. A substantial force of Deevils has been stopped, but only after considerable devastation. We've been going through the mission brief your crew submitted after their patrols to the east. In particular Ashlynn, Josie and Yojimbo. I'll let the College representative take it from here."

Short grey hair, round glasses and worn but clean robs mark the woman from the college, all other aspects of her seeming somewhat average if perhaps care-worn. "My name is Lyssa Cornwell. I'm advisor to the Lakes region to the east. As such, I have been personally responsible for working with the small kingdoms and regions that dot the land to the east of Merctown." she says with a short nod to Ashlynn and Josie. "Thanks to their reconnaissance a few months ago, we confirmed the presence of a small nexus. We kept watch on it, but it ended up becoming a much larger problem. What has happened is sensitive and since Heroes for Hire has already been involved with part of this, we would like bring you on. This is much larger in scope than the patrols from earlier and will last for several weeks at the minimum. There is a high probably of hostile contact. We are paying two hundred thousand per head for one month, plus we will cover all expenses and repairs to existing equipment in case of damage sustained during your contract. We don't expect any fashion of scavenging to present itself, but anything not belonging to the people of that region or other merc companies is fair game. Just make sure to clear it with me first as I am going as well. It will likely be cold and there is no supply chain right now, so bring what you need. Take a few moments to discuss it if you need, but time is of the essence. We leave tonight. I apologize for the short notice."
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 vs 42%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 and 1d100 = 4

When Zoe comes back and calls for Ronith to bring Ash and Josie with him Jack's interest is peaked, What is going on here? Jack follows behind loosely and finds a spot just outside the door so he can listen in.

Virtus wrote:One of the Mercs in Northern Gun Gladius exoskeleton flips up her face plate. "I'm Ravenhill and am the CO for Gallow Twelve. We're trying to gather a few merc units discreetly. There's been a lot of trouble out east. A substantial force of Deevils has been stopped, but only after considerable devastation. We've been going through the mission brief your crew submitted after their patrols to the east. In particular Ashlynn, Josie and Yojimbo. I'll let the College representative take it from here."


Jack smiles big when he hears the merc say "discreetly", Discreet huh, Discretion comes at a price. This should be good. He continues to listen and his eyes go wide when she says Deevils, Ooh, That doesn't sound like you run of the mill mission here either. Jack listens as she tells the trio what she knows.

Virtus wrote:Short grey hair, round glasses and worn but clean robs mark the woman from the college, all other aspects of her seeming somewhat average if perhaps care-worn. "My name is Lyssa Cornwell. I'm advisor to the Lakes region to the east. As such, I have been personally responsible for working with the small kingdoms and regions that dot the land to the east of Merctown." she says with a short nod to Ashlynn and Josie. "Thanks to their reconnaissance a few months ago, we confirmed the presence of a small nexus. We kept watch on it, but it ended up becoming a much large problem. What has happened is sensitive and since Heroes for Hire has already been involved with part of this, we would like bring you on. This is much larger in scope than the patrols from earlier and will last for several weeks at the minimum. There is a high probably of hostile contact. We are paying two hundred thousand per head for one month, plus we will cover all expenses and repairs to existing equipment in case of damage sustained during your contract. We don't expect any fashion of scavenging to present itself, but anything not belonging to the people of that region or other merc companies is fair game. Just make sure to clear it with me first as I am going as well. It will likely be cold and there is no supply chain right now, so bring what you need. Take a few moments to discuss it if you need, but time is of the essence. We leave tonight. I apologize for the short notice."


When the lady from the college starts talking Jack thinks, This should be interesting. As he listens he keys in on certain words while she talks, Sensitive. Dicreet. Larger in Scope. Hostile Contact. Then the woman mentions the pay, Two hundred? Hmm. It is one month. That could be useful in paying back Ronith. Then the women says something that hits Jack hard, No Scavenging?! But he is relieved when she backs off the idea a bit and opens up a level of scavenging, Well, thank you, if only. I guess scavenging from the deevils is fair, enough. When he hears her trailing the conversation off he scampers back to the other room. He looks around the room, "So, how about those yankees?"

Trying to remain low key he walks over to his gear and looks it over, "Huh, where did Rontih, Ash and Josie go?" he asks out loud with a smirk. I hope the big guy comes in to tell us soon, I don't know how long I can hold this in.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:33 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 96

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 51

Before

I'm almost there! When I catch up I can ask...

Ashlynn's thoughts are disrupted by the explosion, which flings her backward into Ronith's waiting arms. Her eyes wide, she turns to Ronith. "I didn't do it this time I swear!"

As she watches the explosion bloom out and rain debris on the site, her eyes boggle. "I was only gonna ask about Scirocco..." In a small voice, she adds "...I promise."

Ronith sets her on the ground as Josie messages about the ping. A survivor! I gotta help 'em! She bounds off in that direciton, bouncing as fast as she can across the open field.

As she sees the battered woman appear out of the chaos, and level a pistol at her, she prepares to draw a weapon and fight, until...

Jazia wrote:"John?"
Ashlynn looks to Weiss for his reaction, and then back to Jazia as the two fall into each others arms.

Ashlynn smiles, outwardly, before turning back to where they left the APC. Promise kept I guess. Now... they're a complete family again. She returns to the APC, feeling oddly hollow.

Now

Ashlynn uncharacteristically lays low when they return to Merctown, wanting to give Weiss and his family the privacy they need. This is torturous for her - she has a million questions for Jazia. But Jazia needs time to recover, and the family needs time to reconnect, and even Ashlynn, with her hyperkinetic nature, can recognize that her energy would be unhelpful here.

Upon their return to Merctown, she tracks down Alari Whyne, and pays her the remainder of what she owes her.

"Alari... I told you I'd pay you 75,000 credits more when we found Jazia. So... here it is. Thank you. You work awfully fast. I'll be sure to recommend you if any other detective work comes up."

OOC Comments
(-75,000 credits - already deducted)





Later, at the feast, Ashlynn tries to enjoy the food, music, and company. It's good to see Marit, and to see that Zoe has a setting other than 'angry'. And I don't think I've ever seen Zac and Weiss so happy...

Part of her feels jealous of Jazia. They're MY family, she briefly thinks, but tamps that line of thought down. They can still be my family... she's not replacing me.

When Zoe goes to answer the door, and comes back to call her and Josie to the door, she exchanges a curious look with Josie before rising and going to see what this is about.

She grins when she sees Lyssa, despite herself. "Hey I know you!"

She listens intently, however, as first the merc and then Lyssa herself dive into an urgent job-offer. At the mention of Yojimbo, Ashlyn's heart sinks a bit. I hope you're okay, wherever you are, big guy. My Yojimbo. I hope I see you again. She continues to listen as the pair describe the dire situation out east.

Lyssa Cornwall wrote:Take a few moments to discuss it if you need, but time is of the essence. We leave tonight. I apologize for the short notice."


Ashlynn looks to Ronith. He's gonna say yes, of course. People need protectin'. We may be for hire, but we're Heroes for Hire.

Briefly she worries for Weiss and Zac, but reasons that Zoe and Marit are more than capable of taking care of Zac and the recovering Jazia. And Weiss'll come back. I'll make sure of it.

Assuming Ronith accepts the job offer, Ashlynn nods. "I'll get geared up."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:14 pm

New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 35


Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 84%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 90/90
  • P.P.E.: 636/636
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics


Before and Chaos

The explosion itself doesn't surprise Grant, he'd already realized that their welcome in the town of Hazard was about to be revoked when Ashlynn bounced out of the hotel. The sight of Jazia (based on Weiss' reaction to her) made Grant uneasy. This was surprisingly easy based on our initial confrontation with the Retrievers that we met back in Merc-Town. I can't believe we've seen the last of them, despite what this woman says. Grant observe Sir Ronith's and Beltin's lack of reaction (i.e. whacking at her with their swords) as confirmation that she didn't have any immediately ill intent towards the team. With the ease that she rummaged through his mind to find his identity and his companions, he does surreptitiously cast See Aura while she is distracted by Weiss.

Lore: D-Bee 124% vs 1d100 = 74 | Seeing the woman in the flesh, does Grant know anything about her species?
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 99% vs 1d100 = 16 | Seeing the woman in the flesh, does Grant know anything about her species?
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 124% vs 1d100 = 73 | Seeing the woman in the flesh, does Grant know anything about her species?

The ride back, Grant is quiet, while not actively staring, the mage's eyes never wander far from Jazia's general location. During the trip back to Merc-Town, he does ask, "Jazia, your rescue was a primary goal for John the entire time he has been with the team. You've rescued yourself spectacularly back at Hazard. Will you tell us what you know of your pursuers and why they were after you?"

Back at the Haven

At the feast, Grant thanks Marit, "Marit, the speed in which you've prepared all this food makes me think you have a magical talent for conjuration in additon to diabolism." He enjoys the meal, eating slowly, savoring the flavors.

When their meal is interrupted with visitors, Grant stands up and moves away from the table but stays in the dining room, caution still forefront in his mind in regards to the shape changers they'd battled.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

Postby Beltin Delhomme » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:20 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 68/77%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 | 1d100 = 84%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Radiate their Nature [relaxed]
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. Invalid dice code! | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
Stats
  • T-21 M.D.C.:
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
    • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
    • *Head: 60/60
    • Main Body: 170/170
      *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
  • I.S.P.: 290/298
Active Magic and Psionics


    Before (Chaos)
    Once Jazia is positively identified by Weiss, Beltin joins the reunion. "Pardon my reach," he says softly as he lays hands on Jazia's wounds. His goal is not to be an interloper, but rather to administer first aid and psychic healing as best he can. With their VIP in hand, the young investigator doesn't want to jeopardize their victory out of a need to conserve his mental energy. ((Healing Touch. -6 ISP as needed))

    At the Haven
    Beltin is smiling broadly, enjoying the company of friends and family and savoring the delicious morsels put together for their celebration.

    Grant Latham wrote:"Marit, the speed in which you've prepared all this food makes me think you have a magical talent for conjuration in additon to diabolism."


    "Hey..." Beltin warns pointing a half-eaten carrot drenched in dressing, "Get your own wife. This one is taken." At which point Marit playfully (mostly) punches the young investigator in the shoulder causing him to drop the vegetable and nimbly catch it in the palm of his other hand. "Love you!" Beltin declares triumphantly to his wife as he laps up the mess of dressing in his hand.

    Upon seeing their visitors dressed like combat-ready mercenaries, Beltin leans in to Barracuda, gesturing at the introductions in the foyer, "Our R&R may be short lived... Better eat up!" At which point his face breaks out into a Cheshire cat grin before grabbing a hunk of smoked salmon and downing it off to one side of the party. Marit is quick to express her displeasure and chases her husband into the next room brandishing a wooden spoon. The levity serves as a stark contrast to the discussions being had regarding their next mission.

    Beltin happily steals some extra time with his wife before the inevitable re-deployment at Sir Ronith's order. But he remains in earshot for when that briefing time comes.
    User avatar
    Beltin Delhomme
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 318
    Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
    Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

    Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

    Postby Virtus » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:21 am

    Marit glows even more brightly at the compliment. "You are too kind Mr. Grant."

    "Hey..." Beltin warns pointing a half-eaten carrot drenched in dressing, "Get your own wife. This one is taken." At which point Marit playfully (mostly) punches the young investigator in the shoulder causing him to drop the vegetable and nimbly catch it in the palm of his other hand. "Love you!" Beltin declares triumphantly to his wife as he laps up the mess of dressing in his hand.

    Upon seeing their visitors dressed like combat-ready mercenaries, Beltin leans in to Barracuda, gesturing at the introductions in the foyer, "Our R&R may be short lived... Better eat up!" At which point his face breaks out into a Cheshire cat grin before grabbing a hunk of smoked salmon and downing it off to one side of the party. Marit is quick to express her displeasure and chases her husband into the next room brandishing a wooden spoon. The levity serves as a stark contrast to the discussions being had regarding their next mission.

    Beltin happily steals some extra time with his wife before the inevitable re-deployment at Sir Ronith's order. But he remains in earshot for when that briefing time comes.


    In a little corner of time, Marit pulls Beltin aside to enjoy his company, whispering the secrets of the universe into his ear. ((Check your inbox))
    User avatar
    Virtus
    Game Master
     
    Posts: 327
    Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

    Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

    Postby Beltin Delhomme » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 am

    -----------------------------------
    Perception: 1d100 = 88/77%
    JIC: 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 21%
    -----------------------------------
    Constant Abilities
    Character Sheet

    • Radiate their Nature [elated]
    • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magical Energy. 1d100 = 57 | 90%. Range: 900/1900 ft.
    Stats
    • T-21 M.D.C.:
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Rear Jet Pack (1): 50/50
      • Chest Headlight (1): 2/2
      • *Head: 60/60
      • Main Body: 170/170
        *Requires a called shot at -3 to strike
    • I.S.P.: 290/298
    Active Magic and Psionics


      "Pregnant?! That's amazing!!!" Beltin exclaims with hysterical glee, loudly sharing the news with as much of the world as his lungs will bear. He wraps his wife up in a massive hug then immediately lets go, "wait, I didn't just squeeze you too hard, did I? Baby isn't going to end up with a flat part of its head because of what I just did, right?" Logically, Beltin knows the words coming out of his mouth are nonsense, but the typically meticulous man is uncharacteristically throwing all caution to the wind.

      Grasping Marit's hand in his, he pulls her (but not too hard) back into the room with all the food and more calmly (though still shaking with excitement) repeats the news. "So, uh, it turns out, Marit is pregnant! I'm going to be a dad!" Turning back to Marit, he continues, "There is so much we need to do. We must visit my parents in Psyscape and then yours in Torstrand."

      Then either due to a slight calming of his mind or perhaps Sir Ronith's steely stare, Beltin will remember to address his superior, "Sir Ronith. I beg your pardon. But Marit is pregnant. I must take leave to share the news with my family and hers. If you wish me to then return to the Haven, I can accommodate, but I am afraid I will no longer be able to support field missions." The young investigator hopes the elf will understand. If necessary, he steals a glance toward Zoe to gain her support in this sort of family venture.

      ((This leads to the inactivation of Beltin Delhomme. And activation of Daisuke Hamamatsu from HU2G as a long-term replacement.))
      User avatar
      Beltin Delhomme
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 318
      Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
      Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:58 pm

      Secrets of the Universe ((when Marit first pulled Beltin aside included here for posterity)

      Marit pulls Beltin close. He notices she casts a disappointed glance in the direction of the front door before locking him in her gaze. "My husband..." she lets the words trail for a moment. Then silently, but undoubtedly bursting with excitement she shares, "I am with child!"

      Beltin, spontaneously sees her aura and another within her.
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 327
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 pm

      (rolls carried)

      Beltin wrote:"Hey..." Beltin warns pointing a half-eaten carrot drenched in dressing, "Get your own wife. This one is taken." At which point Marit playfully (mostly) punches the young investigator in the shoulder causing him to drop the vegetable and nimbly catch it in the palm of his other hand. "Love you!" Beltin declares triumphantly to his wife as he laps up the mess of dressing in his hand.


      A momentary bit of sadness crosses the Lord Magi's face at Beltin's joking admonishment. Beltin's luck in finding a wife and a magical one at that is extraordinary. My father found my mother, perhaps one day I might find the same, but I can't see it happening anytime soon while still in active service to the Three. He turns away to hide what his face might be betraying. Lost in his own thoughts, he doesn't hear Beltin and Marit leave.

      Beltin wrote:Grasping Marit's hand in his, he pulls her (but not too hard) back into the room with all the food and more calmly (though still shaking with excitement) repeats the news. "So, uh, it turns out, Marit is pregnant! I'm going to be a dad!" Turning back to Marit, he continues, "There is so much we need to do. We must visit my parents in Psyscape and then yours in Torstrand."


      With his composure in hand, Grant is able to keep what sad thoughts he has for himself at bay, and instead smiles widely, and moves towards the pair, reaching out to both, he says to Marit. "Congratulations! This is very exciting news; to know that John and Zac have found Jazia, and you and Beltin will become a trio as well. Very good news indeed!"
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 424
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Weiss » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:49 pm

      Perception 53% 1d100 = 77
      JIC 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 26

      Everything happens so fast, Weiss ends up behind the curveball as he and Beltin are almost left behind. He clings on to the back of Josie's hovercycle as they arrive at what is left of the building.

      The figure that they can see limping seems familiar somehow

      Zoe Barenger wrote:Hoping off the bike he slowly raises his hands and removes his helmet off his face and walks towards her. The look of shock, bewilderment, confusion, a myriad of emotions color the woman's face. Grant and Barracuda arrive and his emphatic senses are flooded with relief, with disbelief. The pistol shakes in her hand as Ronith, Josie, Weiss, Grant, Ashlynn and Barracuda can all see the beginning of tears seem to streak down her face as she says in a cracked voice. "John?"

      Weiss nods, a smile crossing his face as his arms lower from a raised position to a open and embracing one. Everyone then hears her, more loudly, say his name again. "John!" and she drops the pistol to the ground. Whatever limp she had, momentarily forgotten and the pain swept to the side as she musters all her remaining strength to rush towards him. Wiess moves faster and closes the gap, catching her and even through his armor, knows she is home now. Without needing to ask, she mutters on his left side. "I blew the bastards up... don't worry... no one else was in the house..." she says softly before looking at him in the eyes and adding. "Where is Zac?"


      Jaz, she was alive and pointing a gun at them. If somebody goes for their

      Stepping forward, confident that his armour would protect him, he removes his helmet to show his face and in seconds are in each other's arms, the last few months melting away. At this moment, he is just happy to have her back in his arms.

      "He's safe at home, no not there, a new place." he reassures her, whilst questions race in his mind where had she been? Why were those things after her? What did it have to do with the demon attack at the farm.

      He just holds her as they load up into the APC; if she does not want to talk, he does not push her. She had been through a lot and hopefully she would come around to telling them before long. Let her enjoy some peace and be reunited with their son.

      Zac is as emotional as them as for the first time in months they are reunited and get to enjoy being around their new family as Marit prepares a feast for them. As some of the others step out for a moment, Weiss worries that he is about to be torn away from his family again too quickly. Still, I need to speak to Whyne before she leaves. Pay her what she is due.

      "Congratulations Beltin, Marit, there is no feeling quite like it," he says beaming at the soon to be parents.
      viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

      HP: 32
      SDC: 54

      Active:
      Clock calendar
      Gyro Compass
      User avatar
      Weiss
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 240
      Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
      Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Ashlynn » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:15 am

      Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 48

      JIC: 1d20 = 18
      1d100 = 36

      On her way back through the din of the feast to get her gear, Ashlynn catches the earthshaking news.

      Beltin wrote:"So, uh, it turns out, Marit is pregnant! I'm going to be a dad!"


      Ashlynn's troubles forgotten, she beams brightly.

      "WHAT! GET! OUT! That's AWESOME!!" She grins and hugs Marit.

      Then, the other shoe drops.

      Beltin wrote:"There is so much we need to do. We must visit my parents in Psyscape and then yours in Torstrand."


      Wait... they're... leaving? Her head starts spinning - this is too much. Too much joy and sadness and joy and sadness. First Weiss finds Jazia and now they don't need me, and now Beltin and Marit are having a baby, and leaving. I guess it makes sense... they can't be heroes and have a little baby around... that's not good parenting... still...

      She turns and heads upstairs to get her gear, the unfinished thought echoing in her mind. ...Why does everyone leave me?
      Ashlynn
      AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

      H.P.: 45/45
      S.D.C.: 68/68


      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45/45
      • Arms: 40/40 each
      • Legs: 45/45 each
      • Main Body: 100/100
      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Infrared & thermal masking

      N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
      M.D.C. by Location:
        Force Field: 75
      Features:
        10 hour duration per E-clip
      User avatar
      Ashlynn
      Gold Level Patron
      Gold Level Patron
       
      Posts: 232
      Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 am

      Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 10 vs 42%
      JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 9 and Original post: 1d100 = 4


      Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Pregnant?! That's amazing!!!"Beltin exclaims with hysterical glee, loudly sharing the news with as much of the world as his lungs will bear. He wraps his wife up in a massive hug then immediately lets go, "wait, I didn't just squeeze you too hard, did I? Baby isn't going to end up with a flat part of its head because of what I just did, right?" Logically, Beltin knows the words coming out of his mouth are nonsense, but the typically meticulous man is uncharacteristically throwing all caution to the wind.


      Leaning against the wall Jack's eyes open big when Beltin exclaims loudly, They have a cure for that no a days, Jack thinks to himself. "That is wonderful Beltin," Jack says and rolls his eyes as he turns away. Kids in this world? Not sure that would be for me. I wish them well, but damn. That's gonna be rough. Seeing every one so excited Jack decides to find a little quiet, I guess it possible to find love, just don't know how probable it is. Or even logical. Love. Its a handicap. Nothing wrong with a little lust though. Jack smiles as Beltin's news reminds him of his trysts with Mrs. Robinson. Jack heads up to his room and plops down on his bed. Looking over at his furry friend he says, "Well, sounds like we are gonna be short a hero. I'm pretty sure Ronith is gonna take the demon hunting job. Not sure where that puts us all."

      Jack lies his head back and his thoughts drift off to home, Weiss found his wife, Beltin's having a baby. I guess good things can happen. He smiles lightly, Just not to me. Jack rolls over and closes his eyes in hope for a little shut eye, If the high elf says yes, I think we are all gonna need some rest.
      [H.P.: 17/17
      S.D.C.: 59/59
      Perception: 30%
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

      Character Sheet
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      • Coma/Death: +10%
      • Magic (varies):
      • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
      • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
      • Insanity (12+): +1
      • Psionics (varies): +1
      • Horror Factor (varies):

      Combat Data
      • HTH Type: Expert
      • Number of Attacks: 5
      • Initiative Bonus: +1
      • Strike Bonus: +3
      • Parry Bonus: +5
      • Dodge Bonus: +5
      • HTH Damage Bonus:
      • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
      • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
      • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
      • Bonus to Disarm:
      • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

      NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Head/Helmet - 50/50
      • Arms -30 /30
      • Legs - 40/40
      • Main Body -60 /60
      User avatar
      Jack McDermott
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 138
      Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Ronith » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:28 pm

      JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 79
      PER: 1d100 = 85 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)

      Ronith can’t help but smile at the reunion between Weiss and the woman (presumably wife). Mission accomplished. During the trip back to MercTown, he makes note both of the anomalous sensor readings and all of the unanswered questions facing the team about the mysterious shape-changers. But for now, it’s enough that they reunited a family. Adventuring allows for too few of these smaller victories, he thinks as he returns his hovercycle to its place in the team garage.

      Everyone take five. It is never a bad thing when a job reveals itself to have less action than we anticipate, but it has still been a long day. Take five, we shall discuss our next moves later. Keeping another smile hidden behind his faceplate as Weiss reunites Jazia and Zac, Ronith delicately shoos everyone else out of the room so that the family can have a little privacy for what is no doubt an emotional reunion. Ronith leaves them to it- no doubt Weiss will ask most if not all of the same questions as the cyber-knight, and the answers can wait a little while. Ronith quietly finds an excuse to be busy, be it in planning the evening meal or seeing to the group’s vehicle and other equipment. Although a little disappointed by the lack of action during the day’s battle, Ronith is surprised to find out that dinner reveals in him happiness he never thought possible. More than ever before, Heroes for Hire feels like a family operation now, and completely without looking for it the cyber-knight has quietly found a home for himself. One he’d never had, even during his childhood. It is a foreign sensation- unexpected, but not unwelcome. For the first time, Ronith dares to envision what the team might look like over the long term. Should he encourage other mercenaries with families to try and build a home with the team? Settle down and make MercTown a permanent home for other reasons? The possibilities are endless, and it is both bittersweet and relieving when Ronith pushes them from his mind to address some new development.

      When summoned he greets the new arrivals outside, or in the office if they prefer, and makes sure that Ashlynn and Josie are with him (Ronith will even invite the new arrivals to dinner if the rest of the team doesn’t want to feel left out). He listens impassively to Cornwell’s mission intro- Ronith’s hands involuntarily flex at the prospect of fighting infernal beings, and it’s all the cyber-knight can do not to go charging after them on his hovercycle. We could use that kind of payday, too… Before stating anything that might sound like a decision, Ronith turns to Josie and Ashlynn ”You were there… Anything we need to know before I accept this job?” Assuming the answer is no, Ronith turns back to Cornwell and nods. ”We agree to your terms. I shall make the team ready to depart.” Ronith then heads back inside, and announces to the team. ”Gear up- we have another job, and this one is actually paying us. Make ready to depart- our guide wants us on the road tonight.” It is then that Beltin makes his announcement, and Ronith’s earlier joy returns edged with bitterness again.

      Beltin Delhomme wrote:"Sir Ronith. I beg your pardon. But Marit is pregnant. I must take leave to share the news with my family and hers. If you wish me to then return to the Haven, I can accommodate, but I am afraid I will no longer be able to support field missions."
      A wide, genuine smile splits Ronith’s face. ”That is amazing news, congratulations Beltin! I have no doubt that you shall be as excellent a father as you are a field commander.” Ronith’s tone then turns somber. ”Of course, I shall be disappointed to lose your experience in the field, but I understand and agree- our missions are dangerous, and I shall not be responsible for your son growing up without a father.” Never, on my life, shall Beltin’s child suffer that fate. ”I hope you will consider staying on with the company in an adjunct capacity- we shall always need a healer to see to our wounds, and no doubt Zoe could use some help as the administrative burdens of the company become too much for her. Pray, continue to think of the Haven as home, and take all the time here that you desire.”

      Ronith turns to the others. ”This is joyous news, and under ordinary circumstances we would stay to ensure that Beltin celebrates properly. However, lives are presently hanging in the balance, so I fear that we must depart. Enjoy your evening you two” Ronith says to Marit and Beltin, ”the rest of you, back into the APC!”
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
      Status
      ISP- 53/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
      Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

      Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
       
      Posts: 556
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Beltin Delhomme » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:29 am

      ((rolls carried over))

      Beltin meets the congratulations with a broad beaming smile, nodding a bit like a fool.

      He nods in agreement with Sir Ronith, "If you will have me, we would be happy to make a home of the Haven and I would gladly lend my psychic healing services to the team. And to be honest, I believe wearing an administrative mantle will be a good look. I don't mind paperwork."

      Still wrapped up in his euphoria, a thought occurs to him and he heads over to Weiss, handing him a pair of ornate bowls, "Since Marit and I will be traveling together, we no longer have need of these. Please, feel free to keep one on you and the other here at the Haven with Jazia. It can be used to communicate over very long distances. Simply fill the bowl and under the light of the moon, the connection between the two will be made." The young investigator gives the man a hearty pat on the back.

      ((bowls moved to Weiss equipment and a copy over at Haven catch-all thread))
      User avatar
      Beltin Delhomme
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 318
      Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm
      Location: Heroes for Hire - PC

      Re: Heroes Haven (145a)

      Postby Virtus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm

      Conditions
      Time 8:17pm
      Temperature: 28F
      Wind: 16mph out of the Northwest
      Radio Traffic: Moderate
      Magic Use: Extreme within 500ft


      At the Door

      Ravenhill looks at a display on her wrist. "We are leaving at 23:00 outside the main gate. We'll leave from there." she says stepping down in the dingy snow covered street and into a waiting half-track idling quietly in the road. Several hoverbike begin to leave, leading the half-track away from the Haven.

      Cornwell does a short bow before Ronith, Josie and Ashlynn. "Thank you. I heard you just got back and probably don't want to head out again so soon. I owe you one. Well, more than one." she adds smiling at Ashlynn and Josie. With that Lyssa also departs, leaving tracks quietly in the snow, making her way back for the college.

      Inside

      Beltin's sudden declaration even surprises Marit, visibly surprised. She searches Beltin's face, but smiles gently at his decision. After Beltin hands over the bowls to Weiss and Jazia, Zoe claps her hands loudly twice to call attention. "Alright folks, I know it's short notice, but we'll see you can take your food with you. Make sure to check your supplies. Make a list and I'll see it's delivered before you leave if you can't get it yourself.

      Whyne's

      Alari is surprised, but thankful to receive payment from Ashlynn and then Weiss. "Glad things worked out. I'm here if you need my skill set again."

      Jazia

      Jazia's face is hard to read in the dim light outside of Haven. She stumbles along, looking back to Weiss indicating he should follow. She walks in silence down the snow covered sidewalk, puffs of breath more visible in the lamp lit night. The crunch of snow under boot is almost all that's audible. She doesn't say anything for a while, just walks. Seeming to decide she had traveled far enough, she turns about. Having borrowed a coat from Marit, its fur collar rises high framing her face, even covering her ears. "I understand you know." she says putting her back up against a stone wall. "But really?! Tonight?!" She shakes her head. "I'd go with you, but then Zack... I wouldn't want him in that situation. Silly to spend these precious hours like this." Once again she falls silent. In the dimly lit night, snow falls from heaven and of the two silhouettes cast by the nearby street light, one moves from the stone wall to embrace the other.

      To the Gates
      Post here when you are ready to head to the gates.
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 327
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Previous

      Return to The Mystic Quarter

      Who is online

      Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest