Magefire Weapons (131)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Magefire Weapons (131)

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:20 pm

As part of its plan to expand into new and burgeoning markets, MageFire Inc. has opened a handful of Techno-wizardry stores in Rifts North America like its counterpart in Lazlo. Given the general inclination of visitors in MercTown it has been more popular under management by the beautiful Thermea Daveash and her staff. The Techno-Wizardry weapons makers at MageFire Inc. place a definite emphasis on making their products look sleek and alien while avoiding unorthodox or ancient styles. Virtually all of the products are built to resemble firearms, with a few staves, wands, amulets, melee weapons, and a small selection of TW-Armor.

ALL MAGEFIRE ITEMS (from MercOps SB) ARE 10x LIST PRICE & RARE AVAILABILITY

+5% to all rolls to find MageFire Weapons items of any rarity

Due to interdimensional traffic problems, the availability of MageFire items is now highly irregular, and prices have risen steeply as a result.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Magefire Weapons (131)

Postby William Summers » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 37

Will walks in with John and his eyes light up at the selection of items. "This is where I got my favorite pistol! And they have the best grenades! Want to make someone disappear for a while? Void grenades!" He peruses the place for a while and then heads to the section with the TW Armor. He'll look for a moment and then try to catch the eye of a salesperson. "Hey there! Would you be able to give me a rundown of which models you've got available? And current pricing?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 pm

William Summers wrote:He'll look for a moment and then try to catch the eye of a salesperson. "Hey there! Would you be able to give me a rundown of which models you've got available? And current pricing?"

A young human guy with some crazily spiked dirty blonde hair, a nondescript brown outfit, and goggles resting around his neck, looks up from his shelf dusting. "Hey man, flashy duds. Armor, eh? Magefire is more of a weapons joint, man, but yeah we've got a small selection of armor. We've one suit on hand of enhanced and a couple conventional mage armor suits from Stormspire, a TW-modified flight suit, and a suit of TW-modified NG Scout Armor. So, like, not a whole lot of variety, but pretty choice quality, man."

I've intentionally ignored pricing as that's entirely dependent on what TW features are included in each suit. So, pick which suit you like best, and I'll go from there.
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 9

"Oh, I'm definitely familiar with your line! I used to get the catalog back in Dweomer, you make amazing stuff! Hmm, I was hoping to find a Shining Swordsman or a Combat Mage Armor. More my style. But that enhanced Mage Armor looks promising. I'd be interested in having it loaded with Armor Bizarre, Winged Flight and Time Slip. About how long would getting that set up take? I need to meet up with my squad leader and grab some cash for this one."

OOC Comments
Alternate Spells:
Winged Flight can be replaced by Fly As The Eagle
Armor Bizarre can be replaced by Armor of Ithan or Invincible Armor.
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm

William Summers wrote:"Oh, I'm definitely familiar with your line! I used to get the catalog back in Dweomer, you make amazing stuff! Hmm, I was hoping to find a Shining Swordsman or a Combat Mage Armor. More my style. But that enhanced Mage Armor looks promising. I'd be interested in having it loaded with Armor Bizarre, Winged Flight and Time Slip. About how long would getting that set up take? I need to meet up with my squad leader and grab some cash for this one."

The dude helping Will out pulls a stylus out from behind his ear, whips out a handheld computer, and starts scribbling furiously. His tongue sticks out a little bit to one side as he writes and draws. He occasionally counts on his fingers for a moment before returning to the computer. After a few minutes, he looks up with an air of satisfaction. "We can put together a team to work on that and have it done in just over a week, man, but if you've got the vision and the credits, we'll be happy to make you one bitchin' set of duds, dude."

Will's desired armor
Cost: 165,000 credits total

Mage Armor, Enhanced
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helm: 50
  • Arms: 25 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 90
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
Features:
  • 1st TW Feature: Armor Bizarre (M.D.C.: 65)
  • 2nd TW Feature: Winged Flight (5 flight spd per P.S.)
  • 3rd TW Feature: Time Slip
Book Reference: p.17, Rifter 22
TW Characteristics:
  • Activation Cost: Armor Bizarre (12), Winged Flight (20), Time Slip (15)
  • Device Level: 5
  • P.P.E. Construction Cost: 700
  • Spell Chain Needed: Armor Bizarre (15), Winged Flight (35), Time Slip (20)
  • Physical Requirements: 5 Garnets (black), 5 Onyx, 5 Zircon (yellow, brown or gold)
  • Duration of Charge: Armor Bizarre (5 minutes), Winged Flight (100 minutes), Time Slip (7 seconds)
  • Construction Time: 350 hours
  • Construction Cost: 101,500 credits

Code: Select all
[b]Mage Armor, Enhanced[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083950-c2e4aa11.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helm: 50
[*]Arms: 25 each
[*]Legs: 45 each
[*]Main Body: 90[/list]
Weight: 22 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]1st TW Feature: Armor Bizarre (M.D.C.: 65)
[*]2nd TW Feature: Winged Flight (5 flight spd per P.S.)
[*]3rd TW Feature: Time Slip[/list]
Book Reference: p.17, Rifter 22
[u]TW Characteristics:[/u]
[list][*]Activation Cost: Armor Bizarre (12), Winged Flight (20), Time Slip (15)
[*]Device Level: 5
[*]P.P.E. Construction Cost: 700
[*]Spell Chain Needed: Armor Bizarre (15), Winged Flight (35), Time Slip (20)
[*]Physical Requirements: 5 Garnets (black), 5 Onyx, 5 Zircon (yellow, brown or gold)
[*]Duration of Charge: Armor Bizarre (5 minutes), Winged Flight (100 minutes), Time Slip (7 seconds)
[*]Construction Time: 350 hours
[*]Construction Cost: 101,500 credits[/list][/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 88

Will takes a look at the tablet when the dude is done drawing and asks "Can we make that blue? And some gold piping here and here? Sorry, I'm a bit of an artist and I've got a vision for this one." (Art: 1d100 = 36/65% - PASS) Will goes on to show the dude what he'd like to change about the color scheme, much less concerned involving himself with the functionality of the armor. They know what they're doing back there. I wonder if they can teach me. I know how to use the tools but not how to build them. A question for another time. "One hundred sixty five thousand? Done." Will hands over his card and looks around while getting charged for the item. "Can I get on the mailing list? I'm at the Roughnecks Compound in the Outskirts."

Will's Vision for the Armor
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am

William Summers wrote:Will takes a look at the tablet when the dude is done drawing and asks "Can we make that blue? And some gold piping here and here? Sorry, I'm a bit of an artist and I've got a vision for this one." (Art: Original post: 1d100 = 36/65% - PASS) Will goes on to show the dude what he'd like to change about the color scheme, much less concerned involving himself with the functionality of the armor. They know what they're doing back there. I wonder if they can teach me. I know how to use the tools but not how to build them. A question for another time. "One hundred sixty five thousand? Done." Will hands over his card and looks around while getting charged for the item. "Can I get on the mailing list? I'm at the Roughnecks Compound in the Outskirts."

The guy with whom Will is peaking smiles up at Will as Will illustrates his vision for the aesthetics. "Dude, blue and gold?" He throws his head back and laughs. "My man, that will look so SICK!" His smile is huge and infectious and shows a startling number of gold teeth. "Yeah, man, I'll do that myself if the Tee-Dub will let me in on it. This'll look like some kinda old holofilm pimp suit for a mage. Fuckin' crazy, man. Great design." He heads over to the counter where he slides Will's card through a reader, makes the necessary deduction, and hands the card back to Will. "Swing by in nine days. I'll try and convince the guys to burn some midnight oil. No promises, but that should be long enough for us to get the job done. See you back then!"
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 8

Convinced that his order is in the right hands, Will gives the dude a solid hi-five and on the way out says "See you in nine days!"

He hops on his Turbo Wing Board and heads to the Shrine of the Warrior.
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Murdoc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 4

Having come from the Roughnecks Compound, Murdoc just misses William as he walks into Magefire Weapons looking somewhat curious.

Aussie Jack wrote:“Do they restrict us from having anything?”

Murdoc shrugs, "There's always outlawed stuff. Depends on what town you're in. And then the city put limits on what you can bring into town. Big robots and heavy firepower get checked at the gates and you can pick it up when you leave." He motions with his hand, like its all pretty standard regulations.

He spends a little time looking over the various items on display. When he is approached by a clerk, Murdoc smiles and says, "Hey, yeah. I need to get some Goblin Bombs and was wondering what you had in stock." He pauses a moment and quirks an eyebrow, "I was also wondering if you had something that shot those mind blots? It would need to run off a magic clip, as I am about as mundane as a doorstop." He gives the clerk a little smirk of self flagellation.

Goblin Bombs: BoM pg 328
Mental Blast: BoM pg 109
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:11 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 53
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 90

Jack was looking at all the marvels of Merctown. Sure, he has been to big cities but they thought outsiders were crude and not worthy of their time or effort, unless you had items, they wanted. Then they would try to get it at a steal, thinking that the Outback Trash would not know the value of the item.

Jack follows the others in and looking one last time behind him to see if they had a tail. Jack see, his friend Murdoc looking at the wonders of this shop. “These People have tons of magic. Stuff we have never seen.”

Jack looks at the counters he sees pistols, rifles and other explosives. He wonders about the what grenades they have. When someone comes near, In his heavy Aussie accent, he speaks up, “Ya have some lovely pieces here. I’m from out of town. Can ya tell me about the items ya have. I was hoping for an pistol and some grenades.”

Jack smiles and he hopes someone will be kind and not take to much advantage of him.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mercedes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 16;JIC d100: 1d100 = 89
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 57/80% (pass)

Gliding along with the other Roughnecks, Mercedes regards the items available with passing interest.
"Very nice." I'm not sure I want to be spending anything! I need to keep funds available in case the worst comes to pass! Paranoid thoughts start occurring to the mage and she looks around suspiciously at those present. If they try to rob me, they'll regret it!

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
Mercedes

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Murdoc wrote:When he is approached by a clerk, Murdoc smiles and says, "Hey, yeah. I need to get some Goblin Bombs and was wondering what you had in stock. I was also wondering if you had something that shot those mind blots? It would need to run off a magic clip, as I am about as mundane as a doorstop."

The guy has a short-cropped afro, dark tan skin, a pair of knee-high boots of the most brilliant orange Murdoc has ever seen, and a pair of goggles matting down the top of his hair secured by a yellow strap around his neck. "What? Oh, sure, we've got some goblin bombs in stock. All the usual variety, we don't have a lot of each on hand right now though, maybe a half dozen each tops or thereabouts, some folks came through a few days back and damn near cleared us out. Really unusual, we're scheduled to get some more made within a week or two though." (Goblin Bombs) The guy scratches his head just behind one ear. "No, dude, that doesn't ring a bell at all. I don't think we do. Feel free to look around though, there are plenty of...oh, yeah, you're..." he then spots Mercedes accompanying Murdoc. "She can prolly help point out things that might appeal to you though."

The guy with the startling boots smiles at Mercedes. "Gotta say, I love the sword, ma'am! That's one super pricey apple-cutter you've got there. Best watch your back carrying in certain parts 'round here." He throws Mercedes a wink on the sly when Jack and Murdoc aren't looking.

Jack wrote:"Ya have some lovely pieces here. I’m from out of town. Can ya tell me about the items ya have. I was hoping for an pistol and some grenades."

The guy's attire would get him shot on principle in the Outback, but he seems knowledgeable enough to Jack. The fella scratches his chin a bit, "Well, same deal I told your bro here about the grenades, but so far as pistols, yeah, we've got a couple dozen in stock of a handful of varieties--all Tee-Dubs, of course. We got some MP-3 Magefire Bolt Pistols, some MP-1 TW Laser Pistols, a couple MP-6 Firebolt Pistol left still, I think, and even a Jolt Gun hiding among the shelves somewhere."
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack likes the orange out, it reminds him of his flames. Jack eyes sparkle with an inner fire when the sale reps mention “Fire Bolt” and he sees they look so cool. “Fire bolt the magic word.” Jack speaks up, “The Fire bolt pistol and if you have a rifle, I’ll take that too. Three flash fires and two sleep Grenades. Throw the jolt gun in also.” Jack leans inward, “What’s a T Dub?”
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Murdoc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 100

Murdoc looks to the clerk and listens as the bright young man tells them what's in stock. In the end, Murdoc waggles his head a little from side to side as he debates with himself if he's going to buy anything. In the end, Murdoc says, "Yeah, um, thanks for your help. But I'm gonna pass today. Maybe I'll grab some stuff some other time. Right now just help out my friend here." He slaps Jack on the back.

He turns toward Jack, and throws a look to Mercedes, "We best be quick. I think we have a meeting to go to." He gives the pair a smile and then his brows furrow and he turns to Jack, "Sleep grenade? I didn't know they made those." He gives the other man a shrug, "Oh well. Get whatever you can afford. And carry. Cuz I ain't gonna be no Sherpa for you."

Murdoc gives Jack another grin as he waits for the other man to conclude his business. You know, I'd likely carry some crap for the guy. I just don't want him counting on it all the time.

Murdoc twists back toward Mercedes again, "You see anything you wanna buy Princess?"
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Murdoc,
"We best be quick. I think we have a meeting to go to." He gives the pair a smile and then his brows furrow and he turns to Jack, "Sleep grenade? I didn't know they made those." He gives the other man a shrug, "Oh well. Get whatever you can afford. And carry. Cuz I ain't gonna be no Sherpa for you."

"I agree Murdoc, I think they can deliver the stuff to our compound. Then we can go to the meeting." Jack is thinking about what this other group is like. "Wonder what who they have as people, never met magic users like this group has till I met the roughneck, then there is John."

Jack turns toward the salesman, "You can deliver it to the Roughneck's compound? Near the docks."
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mercedes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: 1d100 = 86
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 26/80% (pass)

"Oh, why, yes, thank you. It is quite the implement, isn't it? I assure you that I am most skilled in 'watching my back', however thanks for the warning." Mercedes lets slip a sultry smile and returns a wink of her own.

“What’s a T Dub?”

"Tee Double U. Or rather, techno-wizard." Mercedes smirks.

"You see anything you wanna buy Princess?"

"Perhaps.", she answers, turning back to the clerk, "I could use a talisman to boost my mystical energy (OOC: PPE) Would it be possible to get any kind of...discount?" Mercedes accentuates her question by touching the clerk's arm, giving a playful smile, tilting her head and sweeping her hair to one side. ((Seduction 1d100 = 88/45%; fail))

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Mercedes wrote:"Perhaps.", she answers, turning back to the clerk, "I could use a talisman to boost my mystical energy (OOC: PPE) Would it be possible to get any kind of...discount?" Mercedes accentuates her question by touching the clerk's arm, giving a playful smile, tilting her head and sweeping her hair to one side. ((Seduction Original post: 1d100 = 88/45%; fail))

Mercedes is quite close to the fellow, perhaps a bit too close. She doesn't see his wrinkling of the nose when she breathily speaks, but its effects are obvious. "Uh, no ma'am. We've only a couple talisman batteries, so they're going full price. It's us apprentices and journeymen who generally make the talismans, so I hope you'll admire the handicraft invested into the talisman." He keeps couple extra half-steps away from Mercedes after furnishing her with a talisman.

10,000 credits will buy you...
[b]P.P.E. Battery Talisman[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list]P.P.E.: 50[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]

Jack Killian wrote:“The Fire bolt pistol and if you have a rifle, I’ll take that too. Three flash fires and two sleep Grenades. Throw the jolt gun in also.”

The young man disengages from Mercedes at the sign of two more extravagant customers. "Sir, you must have heard word of MageFire's amazing weapons. Truly, you've not been misled. However, due to interdimensional traffic problems, we're not certain of the availability of our standard line of MageFire items...and prices have risen steeply as a result."

Provide 3 applicable skill checks for the pistol, and another three for the rifle.
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Jack Killian's
Streetwise 53% from sword Research 98&
Three Pistol Checks: 1d100 = 7 1d100 = 56 1d100 = 62
Three Rifle Check: 1d100 = 75 1d100 = 52 1d100 = 14

• If an item's rarity requires more than one skill check, a different skill must be used for every additional required check.

Augur edit: follow the example. If it's still unclear, ask for an assist from the main chat.

Jack tries to influence the sales clerk.

For the pistol Jack uses his sword to research the pistol the normal price and trends.
Research 98% 1d100 = 70

Jack uses his streetwise to get the sales man thinking of $ales in a new market. “Mate you should go to Australia there is nothing like these weapons. An open market for a smart fella.”
Streetwise 53% 1d100 = 51

He uses his charm and Impress to try to get the guy to think Jack be the perfect person to have such a weapon. “If I have one of these and use it I can make the weapon much more powerful and people will see the magnified power and what the piece even more.”
Charm/Impress: 40% 1d100 = 44

He continues about the rifle.

The rifle seems to be a good buy so maybe there is a bit of room to haggle a bit
Research 98% 1d100 = 33

Jack knows the rifles aren’t allowed inside the city. There may not be too much call for the weapon. There are regular weapons that can cause the same damage. “Well things depend on the price and availability.”
Streetwise 53% 1d100 = 6

“You know when we were down is South America it would have been a great time to check out this weapon against the Sploogies. Did I mention we did some great things down there? We should be heading out shortly maybe get in some good testimonials.”
Charm/Impress: 40% 1d100 = 83
Last edited by Jack Killian on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Murdoc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 85

Murdoc steps back a little ways as he decides not to buy any of the magical weapons, though he does grin quiet a bit as Jack starts ordering up a list of things he never had access to in his homeland. Good to see the kid getting a taste of civilization. After what he said about his homeland, new gear must be a rarity.

Moving off to one side of the store, Murdoc clicks his comms on and mutters to himself, "Wakiza, this is Murdoc. Me, Jack and Mercedes are rapping up at Magefire. Are we to late to make the meeting at Merc Plaza?"
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:16 pm

The young man listens to Jack for some time. "Lemme go check the back room. I think I might have seen a cache back there earlier when I was on break." He comes back a few minutes later with a weird looking pistol in hand. He shrugs, "No dice on the rifle, man, but I did find this baby. It's tagged for two hundred and forty thousand credits by the boss."

The Pistol
  • Range: 500'
  • Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 8 shots per charge
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
TW Characteristics:
  • TW Functions:
  • Activation Cost: 12 P.P.E. to recharge
  • Book Reference: p.146, MercOps

[b]MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715090655-bd8458b4.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 500'
[*]Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 8 shots per charge
[*]Weight: 4 lbs.
[*]Features: None
[*]Modifiers: None[/list]
[u]TW Characteristics:[/u]
[list][*]TW Functions:
[*]Activation Cost:  12 P.P.E. to recharge
[*]Book Reference: p.146, MercOps[/list][/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:45 am

Jack replies, "Wow a bit high there fella. But I understand the bits of supply and demand. Can you throw in some grenades at a better price? and that talisman thng? With all of that whats your bottom line Mate?" Jack thinks, "The price is high, real high, but it Shoots Fire! It's cool as hell. If I was back in Aussieland them Blokes will be want this thing.Hell what am I goig to do with all the credits in me pocket? Die a rich man? Never!"

The Jolt Gun surly they Hadn't sold every thing in the store

The Jolt Gun
Research 98% 1d100 = 34
Streetwise 53% 1d100 = 88
Charm/Impress: 40% 1d100 = 29

Three flash fires
Research 98% 1d100 = 77
Streetwise 53% 1d100 = 64
Charm/Impress: 40% 1d100 = 92

Two sleep Grenades.
Research 98% 1d100 = 26
Streetwise 53% 1d100 = 7
Charm/Impress: 40% 1d100 = 79
Last edited by Jack Killian on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 am

Jack Killian wrote:[/i]Jack speaks up, "...Three flash fires and two sleep Grenades. Throw the jolt gun in also."

"As to the grenades and the Jolt Gun..." The young man scratches his head and bites his lower lip in concentration.

Provide rolls for each type of the grenades & TW Jolt Gun as well. Everything in MageFire is of questionable availability.
Augur
Admin

Postby Mercedes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 3;JIC d100: 1d100 = 92
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 50/80%

As she watches the clerk turn away, Mercedes scrunches her nose.
Crap, I came on way too strong. Or he's not into...whatever.

"Fine, I guess I'll take all three.", Mercedes says begrudgingly, ready to pay 30k for the trio of talismans.
Buy out the store, why don't you, Jack?

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:54 pm

The young guy handling the Roughnecks sheepishly admits he doesn't have on hand what Jack's looking for, save for the Firebolt Pistol. He walks Jack and Mercedes both back to the card slide he has on an ad-hoc workbench, charges their cards, and sends Jack out the door with a brand new MageFire TW Firebolt Pistol, and Mercedes with three P.P.E. Battery Talismans. He waves to them both as they exit the store.
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack exits the store putting his new weapon in the Load-Bearing Chest Rig. He speaks up, "Where is this meeting?”
Jack follows the others where ever they go.

"This wasn't the best deal I ever did. As a mater of fact this was the worst. Yea, but she's a real beauty, goes along with my sword. Well the sword is the best."

Over the radio Jack hears William
Over the radio to Murdoc and John, "Meeting is about to start feel free to come by if you do it quick. We are at mercenary Plaza on the 5th floor."

HUB, Mercenary Plaza, http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 1#p1360671
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mercedes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 22
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 40/80%

After making her purchase, Mercedes thanks the clerk graciously and slinks along with Jack and Murdoc to this meeting she's been hearing about.

I hope they're not wasting my time. Time is money and whatnot.

"Can we not take a taxi?", Mercedes asks, complaining in a huff.

to Mercenary Plaza

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby Murdoc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:18 am

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 77
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 31

Murdoc stands off to the side while the other two make their purchases. When everything is said and done he gives them a grin, "Nothing ever costs what you think it's going too. Now let's head over to this meeting."

When Mercedes asks to take a cab, Murdoc just shrugs as if saying, you can do what you want and keeps walking.

On to Mercenary Plaza
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor: