The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Postby Underguard » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:09 am

Jackson looks down at the Parchment and nods. "Ah, this is a rather vague riddle I've been working on for some time. I had to shelf it but now find time to continue. It seems to deal with the location of a rare artifact, and such things always intrigue me. So far, I've not cracked it, it is seemingly encoded and I haven't found the key yet. Usually such codes revolve around a key phrase or word, but I have no context yet." He states, explaining the parchment.

He opens it and shows Naliyah and sure enough, it reads as complete gibberish but the parchment is definitely old and the writing seems to be in blood. Naliyah also senses faint traces of magic on it.

His face lights up when Naliyah mentions going easternly with her newfound group of associates and he nods. "Well, in that case! I have a contact who reached out to me who has some important details about this parchment, and its decryption. I was going to find a way there myself but if you are going, I don't see a problem with tasking you with this. My contact is a Shemarrian named Molpadia. I can give you her location, though speaking to her might be tricky with a group. The Shemarrians are not kind to outsides, though you being a Shing may well grant you more leeway. They are a warrior race of women. Presumably they use men only for breeding or workers, but we don't know for sure, we've never see signs of their civilization. There is a great mystery about that nation." He states, sitting down at his desk and turning his head. "So, do you think you'd be up for this? There is no true time limit as I was planning on this taking me years to solve and my contact is versatile; though the sooner the better. Do this for me, and I can promise you that you'll have earned the attention of one such temporal master." He states rather cryptically but sincerely.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 68
JIC (20): 1d20 = 13

Underguard wrote:Jackson looks down at the Parchment and nods. "Ah, this is a rather vague riddle I've been working on for some time. I had to shelf it but now find time to continue. It seems to deal with the location of a rare artifact, and such things always intrigue me. So far, I've not cracked it, it is seemingly encoded and I haven't found the key yet. Usually such codes revolve around a key phrase or word, but I have no context yet." He states, explaining the parchment.

He opens it and shows Naliyah and sure enough, it reads as complete gibberish but the parchment is definitely old and the writing seems to be in blood. Naliyah also senses faint traces of magic on it.

His face lights up when Naliyah mentions going easternly with her newfound group of associates and he nods. "Well, in that case! I have a contact who reached out to me who has some important details about this parchment, and its decryption. I was going to find a way there myself but if you are going, I don't see a problem with tasking you with this. My contact is a Shemarrian named Molpadia. I can give you her location, though speaking to her might be tricky with a group. The Shemarrians are not kind to outsides, though you being a Shing may well grant you more leeway. They are a warrior race of women. Presumably they use men only for breeding or workers, but we don't know for sure, we've never see signs of their civilization. There is a great mystery about that nation." He states, sitting down at his desk and turning his head. "So, do you think you'd be up for this? There is no true time limit as I was planning on this taking me years to solve and my contact is versatile; though the sooner the better. Do this for me, and I can promise you that you'll have earned the attention of one such temporal master." He states rather cryptically but sincerely.

The Shing nods. ”I will do my best, Master Jackson. I do know that we are headed that direction, so I am guessing it won’t be terribly difficult to convince the others to allow for a bit of a side focus once we arrive, as it is not out of the way. And your offer to help with a Temporal mentor, as it were, is most generous. You sincerely have my thanks,” says the lioness.

At least, I hope it’s not too much trouble... she thinks.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88

Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Jackson clasps his hands together and smiles. "Excellent! I shall look forward to your return then!" He says, and then looks down to a small projector on his table and a book before looking back up to Naliyah. "Unless there was anything else, I do have a task that demands my attention." He finishes.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 42
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19

Underguard wrote:Jackson clasps his hands together and smiles. "Excellent! I shall look forward to your return then!" He says, and then looks down to a small projector on his table and a book before looking back up to Naliyah. "Unless there was anything else, I do have a task that demands my attention." He finishes.

The Shing nods. "When I find her, do I tell this... 'Molpadia'... that Master Jackson has a parchment that needs to be decrypted, or....?" She leave the question hanging.

I understand it may be difficult to find this person, but what to say when we do?
Naliyah
Current Status

Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 am

Jackson nods. "Yes, she knows my name. This is in reference to a cipher, a vigenere cipher, which is to this day, still one of the more complex ciphers." He states, opening and showing Naliyah the scroll in question. As far as Naliyah can tell, the scroll is complete gibberish.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:55 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:Jackson nods. "Yes, she knows my name. This is in reference to a cipher, a vigenere cipher, which is to this day, still one of the more complex ciphers." He states, opening and showing Naliyah the scroll in question. As far as Naliyah can tell, the scroll is complete gibberish.

"Alright," the Shing nods. "Shall I bring the scroll with me, or is there a copy of some sort... for me to present? Or do I just make contact and inform her that Master Jackson has a vigenere cipher for her, and she will know the rest?"

I feel like I'm pestering him, but I'm still not quite clear on what he wants me to do other than to go talk to someone about a cipher...

"Apologies if I am not as wise in the ways of men as I would like. I am still adjusting," she says, licking a paw and smiling.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Jackson listens to Nali and nods, sitting down and transcribing a portion of the scroll to a piece of parchment, as well as a note. He'll fold them both together and tie with a cord before placing it on the table for Naliyah to take. "This is a note containing my orders to give you the cipher, and a small example of the scroll. This scroll has the potential to be a problem, so I'd prefer to keep it safely inside the Collegiate." He states and then shrugs with a smile, "No need to apologize. You are adapting well to your new environment."
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 am

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:Jackson listens to Nali and nods, sitting down and transcribing a portion of the scroll to a piece of parchment, as well as a note. He'll fold them both together and tie with a cord before placing it on the table for Naliyah to take. "This is a note containing my orders to give you the cipher, and a small example of the scroll. This scroll has the potential to be a problem, so I'd prefer to keep it safely inside the Collegiate." He states and then shrugs with a smile, "No need to apologize. You are adapting well to your new environment."

"Excellent. Thank you, Master Jackson. I hope to see you again soon - you have been a great help and friend to me and the Shing."

And potentially even moreso to my magical future... she thinks, the promise of a favorable introduction to a Temporal Wizard enticing her.

With that, she takes the materials (ectoplasmic hand) and puts them in one of her bags for safekeeping, bids Master Jackson farewell, heads back to check out of her room (after fully charging P.P.E. of course), and goes to the AAPS HQ.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby William Summers » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 10

Arriving to the Colliegiate, Will checks in at the door. "Hello, it's me. William Summers. I've come to make a donation and find some new material to learn."

When asked for the donation, Will gives 100,000 credits. "I'm fresh from adventure and would like to support the important work here."

He looks around and decides on a few tomes (Talisman, Amulet and Invulnerability).

He asks one of the elders, "Do you know of a good way to contact Thirsty Pete? I wanted to ask him about getting into Techno-Wizardry."
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:43 pm

The elder mage, who happens to look to have an indeterminate age, somewhere between 50 and 80, presuming that is his real appearance.

"Welcome back Brother," he bows, hands held together, "we are glad you have returned to us and we have heard of your work in the battle with Nxla. You bring honour to our guild."

William Summers wrote:He asks one of the elders, "Do you know of a good way to contact Thirsty Pete? I wanted to ask him about getting into Techno-Wizardry."

"Technowizardry you say. Now I have heard of Thirsty Pete and last I heard he was intoxicated in Tampico, possibly not been sober in months. It has led to some slightly strange reports. Just as well that he is not a member of our Guild. If you wish to learn the ways, P'ckett might be able to help you."
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Vheld » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:16 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15, Original post: 1d100 = 85
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 38 vs. 79%

On their way to the guild, Vheld orders Slithn to turn invisible. He doesn't expect anyone to mess with him regardless, but why take the chance? After he arrives, Vheld stops by the front desk and inquires as to whether his dues are paid up- if need be Vheld will settle his accounts, then retire to one of the spellcasting chambers he uses to access the nexus on the guild grounds. There, he opens a rift to Dyvaal, and turns to his sole surviving minion.

"Defiance, I can tolerate. Outright stupidity, I cannot. Really, I expected better from you deevils. But siding with Nxla, out of pure spite? Remarkably shortsighted. Just what was your plan for after he filled the Megaverse with his Xombies, hmm?" Vheld sighs, then gestures to the portal. "Foreswear any claim of revenge against myself or my allies, and return through this rift. Once the rift closes, you shall be released from my service. Pray our paths do not cross again." Assuming Slithn complies, Vheld will close the rift as soon as she's back through.

Vheld will spend the next hour or two drawing on the local ley line nexus, opening new rifts, and summoning a new set of minions to command. His first order of business will be to cast aura of power on himself, along with a handful of defensive enchantments like invincible armor and his mind block tattoo, just in case things go south. Then, he begins the process of summoning and binding new minions. He will first use his immense willpower to bend them to his will, then offer a pact where they can serve him for a period of six months in exchange for the opportunity to commit mischief in the mortal world.

6 lesser minions total, saves vs. Vheld’s MA of 22 + 1d4+2 = 5 from Aura of Power

1 Plasma demon (lesser): DB 13, P. 118-120, +3 to save vs. mind control. 1d20+3 = 5, 1d20+3 = 8, 1d20+3 = 15, 1d20+3 = 11, 1d20+3 = 16
2 possessing entities (= 1 lesser): CB3, P. 82-83, no bonus to save vs. mind control. 5d20:
16, 16, 4, 17, 14
for first entity, 5d20:
18, 12, 2, 20, 5
for second.
Air Jinn (greater): DB 10, P. 73-75, +4 to save vs. mind control. 1d20+4 = 7, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 10, 1d20+4 = 19
Raksasha (greater): DB 10, P. 78-80, +4 to save vs. mind control. 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 7, 1d20+4 = 17, 1d20+4 = 11

Assuming all goes well, Vheld will have those minions who've sworn themselves to his service assuming their most innocuous forms. He will then empty out his backpack and cast a long-term dimensional pocket on it, and if possible a second one on a belt pouch (purchasing one in the mystic quarter if need be). He will also enchant any dimensional pockets Ronan requested, then once all is complete he will return to the Haunt.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 227/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 490/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1163/1200 (Bakir), 171/187 (Birga)
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 1

Armstrong wrote:"Welcome back Brother," he bows, hands held together, "we are glad you have returned to us and we have heard of your work in the battle with Nxla. You bring honour to our guild."

Will bows in return to the elder of indeterminate age. "May your light never fail."

Armstrong wrote:
William Summers wrote:He asks one of the elders, "Do you know of a good way to contact Thirsty Pete? I wanted to ask him about getting into Techno-Wizardry."

"Technowizardry you say. Now I have heard of Thirsty Pete and last I heard he was intoxicated in Tampico, possibly not been sober in months. It has led to some slightly strange reports. Just as well that he is not a member of our Guild. If you wish to learn the ways, P'ckett might be able to help you."

"Heh, that man never met a bottle he didn't like. Well, that's not true. He was very specific in his alcoholism. Still, a shame he isn't available." Will strokes his freshly shaved face for a moment. "Introduce me to this P'ckett. I trust your recommendation."
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 14 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 32

Lahz steps out of his SUV driven by Alfred with Ray walking along behind him 2 steps behind the left shoulder. The vehicle pulls smoothly up the street to find parking as Psi-Tech tries to maintain his composure approaching the Magic Guild. Lahz knocks firmly at the gate and awaits an answer, "Greetings. My name is Lahz D'Gemmel of the Spook Squad. I ... uhmm ... The Spooks' Facility was constructed by the College as payment for a couple jobs? I am hoping to speak with an engineer ... or a Warlock. Honestly just whoever designed this thing, I am looking to get a couple walls moved and don't know about how to make that happen ..."

OOC: The Haunt was constructed in partial payment for several early Spooks missions. Looking to move the walls around on the 4th Floor ... make it 4-5 smaller bedrooms for the floor instead of the 3 suites there presently.

The Psi-Tech seems somewhat tentative or at least that is his intention, *Mages always like to think they know more than you do. Sure I could get a regular old contractor in there, but you know that's going to be days of construction and people inside the perimeter that I will have to put folks up over at the Palace as an alternative or something. They like feeling in control, sure then the guy in the PA is nervous ... Still, maybe I should have brought Vheld along. I wonder if he is here somewhere. I never know where the hell he is most of the time. I've got to spend all my frakking time on admin and building a 100-ton weapons platform and he gets to come and go as he pleases. I should have passed on field leadership.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Armstrong » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:59 pm

The elder mage nods and after a few seconds of concentration, the form of a small magical pigeon forms in front of you both and then flies off further into the Collegiate.

A few minutes later, a tall, languid, Trimadore, covered in engine grease and clad in what appears to be biker leathers festooned with random attachments appears.

"Hola boyo, you must be the one they've asked me to teach the basics of technowizardry to, the one who brings great honour to the guild," he says with a slight smirk, to which the elder mage rolls his eyes. P'ckett looks you over and shrugs. He looks over at the elder mage.

"Brogan's merc bailed on em, but as luck would have it, we've had a call about the bracer. Sounds like it caused some bother, but needs picking up." He turns back to William and signals for you to follow him, "got a nasty little demonically tainted bracer to collect. Sounds like it is inert for now, but we should get over there before anybody else is stupid to pick it up. You can show me what you know when we go."
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby The Apothecary » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:31 am

Lahz wrote:Lahz steps out of his SUV driven by Alfred with Ray walking along behind him 2 steps behind the left shoulder. The vehicle pulls smoothly up the street to find parking as Psi-Tech tries to maintain his composure approaching the Magic Guild. Lahz knocks firmly at the gate and awaits an answer, "Greetings. My name is Lahz D'Gemmel of the Spook Squad. I ... uhmm ... The Spooks' Facility was constructed by the College as payment for a couple jobs? I am hoping to speak with an engineer ... or a Warlock. Honestly just whoever designed this thing, I am looking to get a couple walls moved and don't know about how to make that happen ..."

OOC: The Haunt was constructed in partial payment for several early Spooks missions. Looking to move the walls around on the 4th Floor ... make it 4-5 smaller bedrooms for the floor instead of the 3 suites there presently.

The Psi-Tech seems somewhat tentative or at least that is his intention, *Mages always like to think they know more than you do. Sure I could get a regular old contractor in there, but you know that's going to be days of construction and people inside the perimeter that I will have to put folks up over at the Palace as an alternative or something. They like feeling in control, sure then the guy in the PA is nervous ... Still, maybe I should have brought Vheld along. I wonder if he is here somewhere. I never know where the hell he is most of the time. I've got to spend all my frakking time on admin and building a 100-ton weapons platform and he gets to come and go as he pleases. I should have passed on field leadership.*

Lahz is led to meet the warlock who heads the college's magical construction. "Good afternoon, Lahz. I remember the building, you speak of. As it so happens I have several students who are in need of a test of their abilities. I think this would serve us both well. I will have them report to your building in two days to make the changes you desire. We would only need you to cover the cost of any raw materials. I would estimate 300,000 credits should suffice."
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master

Postby The Apothecary » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:06 am

Vheld wrote:
Vheld will spend the next hour or two drawing on the local ley line nexus, opening new rifts, and summoning a new set of minions to command. His first order of business will be to cast aura of power on himself, along with a handful of defensive enchantments like invincible armor and his mind block tattoo, just in case things go south. Then, he begins the process of summoning and binding new minions. He will first use his immense willpower to bend them to his will, then offer a pact where they can serve him for a period of six months in exchange for the opportunity to commit mischief in the mortal world.

6 lesser minions total, saves vs. Vheld’s MA of 22 + Original post: 1d4+2 = 5 from Aura of Power

1 Plasma demon (lesser): DB 13, P. 118-120, +3 to save vs. mind control. Original post: 1d20+3 = 5, Original post: 1d20+3 = 8, Original post: 1d20+3 = 15, Original post: 1d20+3 = 11, Original post: 1d20+3 = 16
2 possessing entities (= 1 lesser): CB3, P. 82-83, no bonus to save vs. mind control. Original post: 5d20:
16, 16, 4, 17, 14
for first entity, Original post: 5d20:
18, 12, 2, 20, 5
for second.
Air Jinn (greater): DB 10, P. 73-75, +4 to save vs. mind control. Original post: 1d20+4 = 7, Original post: 1d20+4 = 5, Original post: 1d20+4 = 6, Original post: 1d20+4 = 10, Original post: 1d20+4 = 19
Raksasha (greater): DB 10, P. 78-80, +4 to save vs. mind control. Original post: 1d20+4 = 5, Original post: 1d20+4 = 5, Original post: 1d20+4 = 7, Original post: 1d20+4 = 17, Original post: 1d20+4 = 11

Assuming all goes well, Vheld will have those minions who've sworn themselves to his service assuming their most innocuous forms. He will then empty out his backpack and cast a long-term dimensional pocket on it, and if possible a second one on a belt pouch (purchasing one in the mystic quarter if need be). He will also enchant any dimensional pockets Ronan requested, then once all is complete he will return to the Haunt.

Vheld's will is absolute. Having sent his previously defiant minion back to it's native world, Vheld begins anew. Several hours pass as he continues his contest of wills against these new minions. Surprisingly the Rakasha is most willing to accompany Vheld. Vheld nearly slips with the second possessing entity, but catches himself in time to prevent disaster. Vheld is able to create the dimensional pocket for himself and two additional dimensional pockets for Ronan and, to the rest of the college, leaves the same way he came in...by himself.
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:45 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 85 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 52

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 75

The Apothecary wrote:Lahz is led to meet the warlock who heads the college's magical construction. "Good afternoon, Lahz. I remember the building, you speak of. As it so happens I have several students who are in need of a test of their abilities. I think this would serve us both well. I will have them report to your building in two days to make the changes you desire. We would only need you to cover the cost of any raw materials. I would estimate 300,000 credits should suffice."

Lahz offers a respectful nod of the head to the warlock, "Excellent, thank you very much ... I am glad to make payment now." The Spook will authorize payment out of Team funds at the Bank ...

*** IF APPLICABLE (i.e. there are no quarters out at the Hangar) The Psi-Tech stops before turning to leave, "Actually we also have a Hangar out at the Airport, if we made it 400,000 could you have 2 stand alone 30'x30'x15' rooms put in out there? The sound-proofing of stone over simple-sheetrock will probably make it alot quieter inside ..." *and if I drop them in the 2 back corners, then Grimloq and Zzazz can toss up a couple animal pens for the dino-things between the rooms ...*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Vheld » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 67
PER: 1d100 = 42 vs. 79%

After his labors are completed, Vheld sits back and relaxes for a spell, pleased with the results. He will draw a little more PPE from the nexus, the recharge or recast his various spells and talismans, ticking off a mental checklist as he goes. Once Vheld is satisfied that he hasn’t forgotten anything, he will place his extra talismans into his new dimensional pocket. He considers directing most of his new minions to follow, but decides that such an avenue of concealment for his minions is best reserved for when Vheld needs it. To Bakir, One, and Two he says ”Remain undetected, cause no misfortune, and follow me.” To Skarrah and Birga, he repeats the command, and adds to Skarrah ”Change into a shape that will let you blend in. Anything you enjoy, preferably human.” Once she complies, the gang heads back to The Haunt.

((--> The Haunt))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 227/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 490/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1163/1200 (Bakir), 171/187 (Birga)
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to The Mystic Quarter