The Crimson Dragon (140)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Crimson Dragon (140)

Postby The Bos » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:30 pm

A powerful-looking human with fiery red hair walks up behind the counter. "Welcome to the Crimson Dragon! How can Ignatos help you today?"

Susan Lee wrote:"I'm trying to find some basic magical protection. I need amulets that let one see the invisible, stop the undead and stave off magical attacks."

Ignatos nods and rubs his chin. "I see. Good choice -- amulets are a very good way of providing some additional protection. I believe Kyle sold our last armor amulet about half an hour ago, so I'm afraid I can't help you there until we can replenish our stock. But I think I can help you with the other two. Let me see what I can find back in the back."

He disappears into the back of the store and comes out a few minutes later with two amulets. "This one will negate most forms of magically-induced invisibility," he says as he holds up a diamond-shaped amulet with a blue inset crystal. "And this one will prevent any undead from physically touching you..." he holds up a round one with a 6-pointed star-like design. "Mind you, they'll still give you dirty looks though," he adds with a smile.

He lays them on the counter in front of Susan. "Each one of these sells for 5,000 credits, so that brings your grand total today to an even 10,000. Will this be put on a card, or were you planning on offering up something by way of barter?"

Assuming Susan is paying by card, Ignatos swipes it and hands it back to her along with her two amulets. "A pleasure doing business with you today, madam. I hope these serve you well."

((OOC: cost has been deducted from Susan's card and items have been added to Susan's equipment sheet))
The Bos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:49 am

ROLLS HELD

Susan nods. "Completely understandable. I imagine standard equipment goes out of stock regularly in a place as violence-oriented as this. Thank you, Mr. Ignatos."

She bows to Ignatos, takes her purchases and leaves to The Poky Unicorn Tavern
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Tue May 26, 2020 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d100 = 90 1d20 = 16

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak walks into the magic shop and just looks around. Need a few items for my defenses and other things. "Good afternoon, I am looking for a few otherworldly trinkets like amulets and talismans. I would like the following if possible; Amulet of Charm; Amulet of Protection from Magic Insanity; Protection from the Supernatural, Amulet of Sense the Presence of Spirits and Amulet of Turn the Undead. I would also like these Talismans if possible: 2 as storage of magical energy (50 ppe); one with Negate Magic; and one with Superhuman Agility. I would also like to get a dagger enchanted that would allow me to teleport myself. Do you have one or can you create one for me?" Hmm, "Also, I don't want to get rid of it as I just picked it up, but I found this rune sword. It's name is Confessor and it is giving me serious attitude. If I wanted to part with it for trade value, what could I get for it?"

AMULETS

Amulet of Charm
"Availability - Uncommon"
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 20 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 56 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 63 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 12 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 86 / 60%

Amulet of Protection from Magic Insanity
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 34 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 66 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 23 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 70 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 43 / 60%

Amulet of Sense the Presence of Spirits
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 5 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 97 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 6 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 11 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 22 / 60%

Amulet of Turn the Undead
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 25 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 62 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 20 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 99 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 32 / 60%

TALISMANS

P.P.E. Battery Talisman
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 92 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 79 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 88 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 58 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 21 / 60%

P.P.E. Battery Talisman
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 74 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 9 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 26 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 46 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 99 / 60%

Talisman of Negate Magic (1st lvl caster) Approx cost 85,000 creds
"Availability - Rare"
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 8 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 9 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 49 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 86 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 5 / 60%

Talisman of Superhuman Agility (1st lvl caster) Approx cost 55,000 creds
"Availability - Rare"
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 79 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 78 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 10 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 29 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 47 / 60%

Dagger of teleport
"Availability - Very Rare"
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 97 / 93% Maritus Flavarrel (Favorable Contact)+5% added in
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 50 / 98% Lemurian Mana’Koa (Favorable Contact)+5% added in
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 60 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 95 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 5 / 70% Geoff Blackman (Influential Contact)+10% added in

Reroll Antropolgy based on Aztec God Quetzacoatl (Powerful Contact) +10% added in:
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 98 / 98%

Magic Ring w/ Fly as an eagle and Protection from Psionics: Constant +1 to save
"Availability - Rare"
Anthropology-- 1d100 = 4 / 88%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 76 / 93%
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 57 / 55%
Research-- 1d100 = 91 / 43%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 42 / 60%
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Armstrong » Sun May 31, 2020 1:50 pm

Wakiza at first doesn't spot any potential proprietor of the shop, though there's a certainly a service counter with a considerable amount of space behind it (large enough to easily fit several horses) that seems to be left completely bare save for a rather fine and plush carpet covering the floor. This seemed somewhat odd given most merchants would either use a smaller space behind the counter, or at least fill it with assorted goods they didn't want just anyone to be able to walk in and grab without their assistance. However after a few moments of his looking around, an extremely large winged lizard detaches itself from where it was perched atop a book case (And had for the longest time appeared to be merely a decoration or one of the items for sale) and swoops over to land on the counter top and sniff in his direction.

"Good day young man," the lizard greets you, "I am Ignatos. You have a long list of items, most of which I have on hand or can create in the next few hours. The dagger you request I do not have on hand and I am not sure when I might have one in stock." Ignatos reaches up and scratches its chin, "I am more intrigued by this sword you mention. May I examine it?"
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Sun May 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d100 = 51 1d20 = 18

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak almost takes a step back, great spirit, is that a dragon? Interesting. Might have to keep coming back to this store. Wak nods, "Good Afternoon Ignatos. I am Wakiza Blackhoof. Excellent about the other items and I figured the dagger and maybe the ring would be a little more difficult to come by. I am very intrigued by this sword," He puts Confessor on the counter in front of Ignatos, "He calls himself Confessor and I came into possession of it after me, my team and many others fought back the incursion of a powerful entity known as Nxla. We sent him back to his dimension and I came into possession of this beautiful sword."
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Armstrong » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Wakiza wrote:Wak nods, "Good Afternoon Ignatos. I am Wakiza Blackhoof. Excellent about the other items and I figured the dagger and maybe the ring would be a little more difficult to come by. I am very intrigued by this sword," He puts Confessor on the counter in front of Ignatos, "He calls himself Confessor and I came into possession of it after me, my team and many others fought back the incursion of a powerful entity known as Nxla. We sent him back to his dimension and I came into possession of this beautiful sword."

Ignatos looks like he wants to correct your grammar for a second, but as you place Confessor down, his attention is immediately captivated. He leans over the sword, peering at it intently for a few moments, occasionally muttering to himself. He gently taps the sword blade with a claw and recoils his claw immediately, before gently placing it back on the blade.

OOC Comments
If you can detect magic, you will sense that Ignatos casts a couple of spells

"A beautiful piece if I may say so," Ignatos draws himself to look at Wakiza, "A rune blade for certain and quite possibly a rare type I have heard of, but never actually encountered. I believe they are called Lightbringers. There is definitely a strong personality there and he certainly let me know when I touched the blade. There is a lot of power in there and if Confessor is willing, it will bond with you over a period of time. Now, if you wanted to part with it, I could stretch to perhaps two million credits, perhaps more if you are looking for other items amongst my stock. Nothing I currently have would match up to the item you have here though!"
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d100 = 58 1d20 = 4

Conditions:

Wak nods to the dragon, "Thanks, that is good to know. I can't let a weapon like this go for that though, maybe if you had a full size Deathbringer sword I would consider a trade. But for now I will take everything I requested that you had available. You have a great store and if you don't mind I will definitely be back. It was nice to meet you Ignatos." He gives the dragon a slight bow, Lightbringer huh? Wak will pay with his own credstick and put the items away.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

OOC Comments

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Armstrong » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:19 am

Ignatos shrugs his head slightly as his offer is turned down as he expected it.

" I do not have a deathbringer sword available I am afraid. As for your other items as I did not quote a prices for them;

Your talismans will require me to create those and will cost 160k. Come back tomorrow and they will be ready.
The ring I can create for 750k, but it will not be ready for at least 5 months. That mixture is not something I would usually do, but I do have a ring that of fly as the eagle available for 300k right now.
Amulet of Protection from Magic 175k
Protection from Undead that holds undead at bay & makes wielder impervious to vampire's hypnotic gaze/mind control 225k
I can create you a talisman that enables you to see the invisible for 15k. Being able to sense spirits is something requires a degree of sensitivity that I certainly have not found transfers into enchanted items
As for charm, I can do a talisman of charismatic aura for 45k."
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 31 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 58

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 24

Lahz and Ray enter the Crimson Dragon based on a recommendation from Vheld. The Droid's arms are loaded down with 2 Xiticix Axes, and 2 Xiticix Longswords. Lahz will approach the counter and patiently wait his turn for service. When approached, he speaks in flawless Dragonese (Elven: 98%),"Hello, my name is Lahz, I work with the Spook Squad and was referred to this establishment by a senior member ... Are you able to place permanent enchantments on weapons here? I need to upgrade the team's standing armory so they are prepared for certain nasties in the Magic Zone and on the odd exotic." The Psi-Tech will carefully place the Xiticix Mace on the counter (so as not to scratch anything up), and if permitted will signal for Ray to do likewise.

"Quite honestly for the bulk of these that is for the Axes and Swords, my understanding is that any enchantment will do, if they can be made to do extra damage (Additional Dice of Damage), or they can be made a flat black in color (Color), I believe that's more than sufficient. The Mace, that's going to be for personal use so I have no problem putting more significant funds into that investment ... something that can punch through armor well (Armor Piercing, or Supersharpness), or did extra damage (Additional Dice of Damage), or was indestructible (Indestructible) would be hugely appreciated. I figured I would come here before wandering up to the Magic College and asking around blindly ... my talents tend towards the mechanical but sometimes it doesn't matter what your preferences are in the field. My apologies for rambling on ..." The Psi-Tech stands there looking not quite uncomfortable being out of his depth.

OOC: I am listing Enchantments that would definitely qualify for Lahz if he was made aware of them, but whatever the shop has available is likely a solid step towards his goal of long term prep for the Team. He is only looking for 1 enchantment on the Axes and Swords, just something so they qualify as magic. He is looking for 2 (or maybe 3) on the Mace depending on how long such would take for completion.

[1] Xiticix Mace [GMG Pg 180]
    [2] Xiticix Sickle Axe [GMG Pg 180]
    [2] Xiticix Long Sword [GMG Pg 180]

"Availability"
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 69
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 66
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50%: 1d100 = 23
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 16

Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 64
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 39
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50%: 1d100 = 37
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 69

Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 51
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 19
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50%: 1d100 = 63
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 2

Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 73
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 76
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50%: 1d100 = 85
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 14

Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 39
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 97
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50%: 1d100 = 43
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 90
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 18

Wak nods, "Great, I will take the Talismans, including the one of charismatic aura. Please make the ring for me, I will be around town for a while. I think I will pass on the Amulets as the price seems a bit high from what I've heard." Wak will pay 950k in creds, 25k extra for the dragon's information on the Confessor. "Again, thank you, this is a great shop!" Several more stops to go. I still need to pick up my new armor and go to Naruni and the TW store.

Heading to the BANK.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

OOC Comments

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby The Apothecary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:44 am

Ignatos looks over Lahz with a critical eye, "You ask for much elf. Under my current load I could get you three with one enchantment each in 6 months. Please chose what you want on them and which items you want enchanted." Ignatos motions to Lahz to show him what he wants.
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master

Postby Lahz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:19 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 49 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 6

Lahz offers a smile to Ignatos as he responds once more in Dragonese (Elven: 98%), "Understood, and I truly appreciate it, I suppose my best bet would be:"

[1] Xiticix Mace [GMG Pg 180] + (Super Sharpness for 40,000 Credits, or Teleports to Wielder for 400,000 Credits ))
[2] Xiticix Long Sword [GMG Pg 180] + (Additional Dice of Damage, 40,000 Credits)
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby The Apothecary » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Ignatos looks over the assembled weapons. "It is do able. 1.5 mil for all of them to include the expedited time frame."
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master

Previous

Return to The Mystic Quarter