Mystic Draughts (146)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Mystic Draughts (146)

Postby Augur » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 pm

This shop looks similar to a winery, its interior lined with racks of bottles, vials and flasks that contain all manner of mystical healing potions and other magic elixirs, teas, and holistic herbs. Among locals and regulars around the Mystic Quarter the owners of this shop are known as "The Weird Sisters," a name taken from the ancient, pre-Rifts play Macbeth by William Shakespeare. They have cultivated this name by hanging a silver plaque above the shop's door on which has been etched a passage from the play in flowing script which concerns the making of a mystical potion. The three women are not sisters, but the passage and the appellation are quite fitting to the trio of brew masters. The Weird Sisters include Titania of the Greenwood, Persephane LeDuc, and Kateira Mandrake. All three are members of the Guild, highly regarded members of the magic community, and the closest of friends. Unlike some merchants in the Quarter, they do their best to keep potent magic out of the hands of those who would pose a danger to innocents.

+5% to all rolls to find potions and herbs of any rarity

Display Case
Potion of Free Passage
Ingredients:
  • A teaspoon of ground Rue (Rue is a bush found in southern Europe)
  • A teaspoon of Lapus Lazuli dust
  • An ounce of Quicksilver
  • A scraping of a blackened tongue of a Forest Runner Dragon
  • All mixed into a Negate Magic Potion
Effects: The potion will dispel one magical barrier (including Sorcerer's Seal, Carpet of Adhesion, Magic Wall spells, ward spells, etc.) that the drinker is actively touching. If touching more than one barrier it will effect one of the barriers randomly. The barrier has a 90% chance of being dispelled. Furthermore, the drinking of this potion will cause nausea for 1D4 hours. It is rumored that after drinking one of these potions a being will never willingly drink another.

Code: Select all
[b]Potion of Free Passage[/b]
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m567/mmm1966/Potion_zps632c5a1a.png[/img]
[size=85]Ingredients:
[list][*]A teaspoon of ground Rue (Rue is a bush found in southern Europe)
[*]A teaspoon of Lapus Lazuli dust
[*]An ounce of Quicksilver
[*]A scraping of a blackened tongue of a Forest Runner Dragon
[*]All mixed into a Negate Magic Potion[/list]
Effects: The potion will dispel one magical barrier (including Sorcerer's Seal, Carpet of Adhesion, Magic Wall spells, ward spells, etc.) that the drinker is actively touching.  If touching more than one barrier it will effect one of the barriers randomly. The barrier has a 90% chance of being dispelled. Furthermore, the drinking of this potion will cause nausea for 1D4 hours. It is rumored that after drinking one of these potions a being will never willingly drink another.[/size]

Cost: 65,000 credits per dose; rare availability
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Mystic Draughts (146)

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

PER 1d20+4 = 5
JIC 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 60

Raga waves Baracuda to join him at Mystic Draughts, come let us taste the finer things. Raga breezes into the shop taking no notice of its nature. To the person behind the counter he shouts. "Mister! 2 of your cheapest, strongest brews!" Raga slaps his card down on the counter and gestures to the shop keep, "One for yourself? Come join us friend, say we've been hearing strange tales of red-eyed thieves, have you head of such a thing?"
Raga Grimcrow

Postby Augur » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:42 am

A very attractive fire-haired lady is the only other person present in the shop. Raga notices her beauty, and her huge flowing mane of red hair, but not the pointed ears that only just barely poke out from her hair. "Master Dwarf, I am Mistress Greenwood, I believe you are confused. This is not a tavern, but the premiere shop in Merctown for potions, herbalist teas, and sundry other elixirs. If you are looking for a fine tavern, I would suggest The Sphinx & Unicorn. My sisters and I go there myself on occasion; it's quite pleasant." Her nose is almost imperceptibly inclined as she speaks to Raga, but from Raga's vantage, damn near everyone's nose is inclined as they're all taller than he. "As to your question, yes, I have heard such. The most recent newsletter from the Merchant's Association detailed a recent string of thefts from various shops in town and identified two well renown, and now infamous mercenaries as the primary suspects. Anyone who's a member of the Association will not do business with them."
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Barracuda » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:57 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 11d100 = 90

Barracuda follows Raga's enthusiastic dash for the nearest "bar" with much joy in his heart. I get to watch a real live dwarf from the storybooks get drunk! This is awesome! He runs into Mystic Draughts and quickly his face turns a bit sour. "Raga, this either looks like a bar that's way too fancy or not a bar at all..." Once Mistress Greenwood answers all of their questions, he'll turn to Raga and say "Sphinx and Unicorn?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20

Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 93

Will walks in with his new TW Wing Board under his left arm, walking carefully so as to not knock anything over. "Hello fellow keeper of magic. I am looking for a few enchanted herbal items for a trip. Would you happen to have any of the following?"

BoM page 279-283:
    2x Catnip Flowers
    60x Red Clover Flowers
    8x Hallucinogenic Ergot Fungus
    10x Holy Water
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:47 am

William Summers wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 19/Original post: 1d100 = 93

Will walks in with his new TW Wing Board under his left arm, walking carefully so as to not knock anything over. "Hello fellow keeper of magic. I am looking for a few enchanted herbal items for a trip. Would you happen to have any of the following?"

BoM page 279-283:
    2x Catnip Flowers
    60x Red Clover Flowers
    8x Hallucinogenic Ergot Fungus
    10x Holy Water

"Done and done." Says the shopkeeper.

(2)Catnip Flowers
•Duration: 3d4 minutes
• Effect: Chewing: +1 to iniative, =2 to strike, -1 to parry dodge
Burning: Wards away felines and feline-like creatures.
•Cost: 1000 / Flower

(8)Ergot Fungus
•Duration: 3d4
• Effect: Causes violent and disturbing hallucinations
•Cost: 500

(60)Red Clover Flower
•Duration: Instant and lasting
• Effect: Eating 3 flowers nourishes like a full meal
•Cost: 100 / flower

(10)Bottles of Holy Water (6 oz)
•Duration:
• Effect:
•Cost: 250 / 6oz

SNAFU

Postby William Summers » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 44

"Thank you, Ma'am. Lovely shop you have here. Can you point me in the direction of somewhere I might purchase some art supplies? I have an itch of an idea for a painting."
Once directions have been given, Will heads to The Spokes.

(The Spokes: Goldleaf and Silk)
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Sun May 10, 2015 10:47 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 4, Original post: 1d100 = 53
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 18

Ronith enters- if he spots the shopkeeper or other staff from his last visit here ((several days in game time- months in real time)) he will approach them. Otherwise, he will walk up to the counter.

"Greetings. I am Sir Ronith Turand, of Heroes for Hire. I was in here several days ago to purchase some fleet feet potions. At the time, only a small number were available, but I paid in advance for four more and was told they would be ready by now. I would like to pick up my order, please."

Assuming there are no problems with picking up the potions, Ronith will claim them, nod politely, and head on to his next stop.

((This deal was arranged with the MQ mod at the time- don't remember who, I'm afraid, but there has been a note on Ronith's character sheet to this effect for some time now.))

((-->Arms Bazaar/Naruni Enterprise Building))
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 80/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Return to The Mystic Quarter