G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Postby Townsend » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 am

(Work in Progress -- more details to come)

This is one of the many hangars the Prouse Memorial Airport leases out to private parties such as businesses, mercenary companies, adventuring outfits, government officials from small kingdoms, and rich individuals. It is a rather large hangar -- 23,000 square feet of hangar space with an additional 13,500 square feet of office/living space -- but it's not in an optimal location for aircraft and airstrip access is limited as a result. For a group that doesn't need airstrip access that much, however, it's an absolute steal.

Hangar Composite Image from PDF.jpg

Latest WIP Images:
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Postby Analoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 11

Townsend wrote:Earl leads the group around the property, through the hangar and into the office/living area, pointing out features and answering questions. When the group reaches the conference room, he walks over into the corner and pulls out a spare set of blueprints from a cardboard tube. "This copy is yers to keep here on th' premises," the old cyborg explains. "If yuh wanna make changes, yuh gotta get approval from us first. We got a construction company on retainer that can handle most minor jobs free o' charge, but if yuh wanna do somethin' major then we'll haveta split th' cost. On th' other hand, if yuh wanna do th' work yerself on yer dime that's yer call. Th' reason we haveta approve any changes is 'cause we gotta know what's goin' on so we can keep our records straight."

It's not long before Corine arrives with the drawn-up papers, and soon after that the pizza delivery arrives as well. The papers are signed, Earl and Corine depart (though before he leaves he gives Jez/Kat a 'maintenance on-call' number), and the group is left alone with a stack of pizzas in their new conference room.

Analoy grabs a slice while she waits for Earl to leave then she looks over to the other and voices the concerns she was thinking about on the ride over in the cyborg's truck. "Before we get too settled in we need to go over this place with a fine toothed comb. Check for anything left behind by a past tenant and see if there are any discrepancies between the plans and what is actually build. I'd even hazard to say we should make an unrecorded change or two ourselves. A saferoom and or vault would be my top two suggestions."

She pauses while she takes a few more bites and waits for the reactions of the others in this newly formed team. As she looks between the team members she thinks, We are all new to each other. Sure, right now everything is great. But when we move into the same building we could get on each others nerves really fast. Now that she's seeing everyone gathered in one room for the first time something strikes her, Huh, I wonder why the bosses assembled an almost all female team.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 31

Cordelia pulls her Salamander up to the hanger and parks right in the middle of the entryway. Hops out with her sketchbook and camera. Still in the assumed form of Jezebel.
"Nice place here. Needs some color."
She begins to explore the new space while taking notes and pictures the whole time. She occasionally stops to poke and prod at the walls and fixtures. She then finally stops and begins writing on the walls in Elven (I am a nomad who has come to learn) and sketching some picture around it.
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Kat spins around in an office chair for a few seconds before devouring pizza. "I think we need some hardpoints for defense, but a panic room is just silly. Conflict is best in a fluid state. Getting yourself boxed in costs you an avenue of retreat. A vault I can understand. Thieves are everywhere, right?" Kat looks to James with a grin. Then the City Rat shoves more meat-covered pizza down her throat at an alarming pace.

After putting herself halfway to a food coma, Kat wanders around and sees Cordilia's art and stops to admire it. Kat puts a mental note to add some spray paint to her shopping list. Kat's aesthetic runs toward making a place appear like an abandoned building teenagers hang out in.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 16

Cordelia wrote:Staring at Jezebel in wonder as she orders more food, "I do totally love her hair" and slowly transforms to mimic Jezebels appearance. Turns to Kat. "Your in charge here? Good. I am a traveling chronicler of the world and its goings on. As I am sure that's no good to you I am also fluent in Spanish, Dragonese and Fairie, I can operate and program most computers, and I have a few diplomas in things that may be of assistance to you." She turns to her reflection in the mirror on the side of the Salamander and flips her now purple hair back. "I really do like this hair."

She turns back to Kat and offers the remaining food. "If your hungry, maybe we can talk about how we can help each other."

Jez takes the woman's obvious shapeshifting abilities in stride. Curious. I haven't run across a shapeshifter on this world yet. They always ended up as spooks in the A.D.F., so I worked with them on occasion during clandestine missions, but never did they advertise their abilities like this. I wonder if she realizes how threatening many people might view her ability? "Right then. You should tag along. We're squaring away our new berthing and work spaces, so unless you wanna get stuck with the least desirable rack, you'd better get to know the others and assert yourself." Jez smiles and glances at Kat. "Some of us are a bit direct, but it's just how we operate. Nothing personal." She says this totally oblivious to how well she just characterized herself as well. As she strides towards her Hornet in order to follow the departing team, she glances once over her shoulder at Cordelia. "Interesting ride, by the way. I'm itching to take a closer look." She then mounts her hovercycle and takes off after the rest.

At the Hangar

Jez grabs a pizza box at random from the stack, pays the delivery guy (deduct as you deem sufficient, AGM), and immediately starts stuffing her face. She walks around inspecting the first floor with a pizza box haphazardly tucked under one arm, and shoving pizza in her face with the other. Godsquery, why the frak am I so damn hungry? I swear I have the appetite of Tangarat.

Analoy wrote:"Before we get too settled in we need to go over this place with a fine toothed comb. Check for anything left behind by a past tenant and see if there are any discrepancies between the plans and what is actually build. I'd even hazard to say we should make an unrecorded change or two ourselves. A saferoom and or vault would be my top two suggestions."

Jez nods vigorously and points a floppy slice of pizza at James and waves it around at the place, clearly directing him to get on that. Pausing to swallow and breathe, she adds, "A vault is a must, as are increased security measures. Everyone draw up a list independently of what you thinks needs be done to these ends. We'll compare notes and submit these for implementation. The vault, of course, we'll keep off the books." She obviously does not say any of this until after Earl and Corine depart. She then checks out the hangar area proper, the terminal space, the office areas where she grabs a sticky note pad and a pen, before heading upstairs. She writes in American "Ready Room" on a sticky note and slaps it on the door leading into the conference room. She claims a living space nearest the stairwell by settling her purse on the bed (drawing a cigar and her lighter before leaving it), and then makes her way to the catwalk where she leans out over the cavernous space of the hangar and takes it all in. She begins eating another slice of pizza as she absorbs the impact of finally having a home of sorts after all this time on this strange new world. I wonder how Jerrik is getting along without me?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Jezebel

Postby Kat Porter » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

(Rolls Held)

Kat eventually leaves the trash bag full of dead Horseman belongings on the conference room table, then picks out a room to dump all the rest of her stuff out in. Then the City Rat does general maintenance on her long-arms. Then Kat strips down again and puts on her stealth suit- Kat's only undamaged armor.

Kat then hauls her damaged suits, her L-20, and her gun-sight cameras into to middle of the large bay. The teenager waves at Jez up above her. Then Kat calls out loudly "The line for repairs and upgrades starts here!" and dumps all the shit she's carrying into a pile. Kat them empties her right-side NE-6SL of rounds, tosses the gun on top of the pile and dumps the loose rounds into her ammo pouch.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy snags an old pen out of the side board in the conference room and tears a lid off one of the pizza boxes. Then she starts to make a list of base needs;

Vault
Gym
sparring ring/practice area
secret exit (underground or magical teleportation?)
parts storage
work rooms
armory
repair room
armored wall plating and window shutters
computer system
security cameras
security doors
watcher drones

Analoy looks up and pulls a piece of pizza away from her mouth, "That lobby or terminal or whatever the cowboy called it looks to be set up for a small commercial operation. Are we planning doing that? If not, that's a big space we could use for something else. Maybe the front door could be relocated to a smaller waiting room near the conference room. I don't know...Maybe we need to break it out further with a list of essentials and another list of wants. We should also think about buying the place when the company starts making some money." She looks around at the others like she's ready to be rebuked, then shrugs a 'whatever' and takes another bite of pizza.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 33

Jez leaps down from the catwalk. She frowns at Kat's mess. "Don't let your mess spread like a disease, Kat." She looks at the massive hangar doors. "Have the girls open the place up, will ya? I'm gonna bring my shit in from the Defenders' storage. Give Fiona a chance to get familiar with the big 'bot. Back soon." Without further ado, Jez makes her way outside and starts to sprint for the city gates.

Some time later, Jez returns in her TR-004. She parks the massive robot combat vehicle in the hangar, and climbs out of the cockpit and down the back of the 'bot. She's laden with holstered belts, harnesses, satchels, you name it. "Maybe we ought to consider a small armory on premises, yeah?" Hitting the deck, she makes her way to her room. She keeps fairly quiet for the next little while as she allocates her gear where she thinks it most appropriate to store it.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Fiona » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 22
Conditions: None.

Fiona is a mixed bag of emotions. She's happy to have a home and a new job, but she's frightened at the very unknown possibilities of moving in with all these people she doesn't know, or the manner of how she's going to make money. Taking a few deep breaths, Fiona decides to walk the Hanger, making some mental notes of things she likes and things she wants to change. The whole business motif is likely going to go, we'll probably replace all these rooms with other stuff. Fiona thinks as she wanders the first floor offices. On the second floor she makes some mental notes about the space provided, but doesn't see much to change at the moment. This finally takes Fiona out onto the catwalk to look over the hanger. Going to have to parse this out for various tasks, Jezebel's Titan can go in the corner there, giving me the best access. We can park the vehicles over there, keeping them out of the way of my workshop area... My workshop Area... Fiona thinks as she makes her way down into the hanger proper. Fi is happy to see there is already some established machinery and work spaces for her to do her thing. All of this info brings a large sigh from Fiona. So much work to do.

Fiona Brings her Truck in and pars it where she thinks the other vehicles should go and when Jezebel returns with her Titan, she directs it into the corner she'd like it to be in for her purposes. She goes around and asks those with vehicles to move them to were she has designated parking. before making her way back to the conference room. Eww... Fiona thinks as she notices the messy sack of stuff on the table. I think Kat wanted me to check this stuff out. Fiona thinks as she pulls up a chair and goes to work both physically and psychically examining each item. (Object read 6 ISP/per use)

Once Fiona is done looking over the stuff she pulls out a notepad and makes notes for Kat to look at at her leisure, before making her way out to the Hanger once more to look over the stolen Hover Bikes. (Telemechanics 1d100 = 5191% Pass; 1d100 = 35/91% Pass) Fiona again makes notes on everything of worth on the bikes before finally deciding to set up her work space. Fiona is meticulous on placement of her tools, but seems to be happy to be doing the work, even going so far as to hum a song while doing it. Once her tools are placed, Fiona then goes to look over Jezebel's Titan. (Telemechanics 1d100 = 56/91% Pass)
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Townsend » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

GIRLS Hangar Floorplans WIP.jpg

As the group tours the building, they discover that the 1st floor is mainly office/business space. One entrance is a lobby with a receptionist/office manager office attached. Along the hallway are offices with a total of 11 workstations of varying sizes, each with a computer and telephone. Two large offices are located in the front corner, furnished with furniture of a decidedly higher quality than the others and clearly intended for high-ranking officers in whatever company calls the building home. A large conference room features a wall-mounted projection screen and comfortable seating for 14 individuals. At the center of the office area is a large storage room with the obligatory copier machine. At the far end of the 1st floor is a small terminal with plentiful seating, a service desk, men's/ladies' restrooms, and stairs along with an elevator to the 2nd floor.

The stairs and elevator lead to a balcony area of the terminal containing vending machines and tables/chairs as a 'poor man's food court' for those waiting the company's services. The rest of the 2nd floor is devoted to living space for employees. Just through the doorway from the terminal balcony there is a large bathroom/shower room; some thought has been given to privacy here but not much. A combination kitchen and dining room occupies the southeast corner. In the opposite corner is located a communal living room with comfortable seating and a large wall-mounted monitor that can be used for playing videos, broadcasts, and also can be used for video conferencing. A storage room is located above its 1st floor counterpart and is filled with various assorted sundries, toiletries, supplies, etc., along with a commercial-grade washer and dryer. It also contains the computer server for the building.

Also on the 2nd floor are a dozen dormitory-style rooms for on-site housing. Each room contains a double bed, nightstand, a small couch, a dresser/wardrobe, and a desk/shelves combination unit with a built-in computer. They are all identically decorated in a comfortable, yet spartan style.

The hangar itself can be accessed through doors on both the 1st and 2nd floors -- 2 in the terminal area, 1 in the office area, and 1 in the living area. The 1st floor of the hangar contains a secure storage room with solid walls and a workshop area with assorted fabrication machinery/equipment separated from the main hangar mainly by a sturdy chain link fence (safety being more top of mind than security). Inside the workshop area, among other things, is an auxiliary generator and e-clip charging station. A small door in the back of the workshop area allows access to the elevator machinery room. Along the east wall are armor/equipment lockers and benches.

The 2nd floor of the hangar has an additional work area on top of the 1st floor rooms and catwalks extending along three sides of the building. Staircases lead to an identical set of catwalks on what would be the 3rd floor. Not much is on the 3rd floor aside from mechanical/electrical panels and a door that provides access to the roof of the office/living section. On the roof of the office/living section is a small mechanical room that houses the building's HVAC system along with other mundane services.

Aside from the four doors from the terminal/offices/living spaces, access to the hangar itself is accommodated on the west side of the building by a regular human-sized door next to a larger roll-up door that can accommodate regular land vehicles and on the north side of the building via a huge segmented rolling door that takes up most of the wall space. This is the door that aircraft and large bots would need in order to enter/exit the building.

OOC: Okay, it's not much of a GM post but hopefully it'll give you the lay of the land. Feel free to continue to roleplay the settling in. :)

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JICd100: 1d100 = 34

When Jez comments on Kat's piles, Kat sticks out her tongue at Jez. "What? This is the repair bay, right? My armor needs service, two suits." Kat bends over and grabs the laser-damaged piece of her NE-BA-26. "My Naruni suit took a couple laser blasts before I got the force field up. No biggie there, right?" Kat grabs the arm of her Plastic Man in her other hand. "This arm is basically shot however. I probably should just go get a new one, it's not like there is a shortage of Plastic Man parts. It's only the most prolific armor out there." The City Rat scratches at the 'PAS' cross-hairs logo on the suit absently. "But call it sentimental, someone bought this suit for me. I'd like to see it fixed."

Kat points out her new-in-original-packaging wireless gunsight cameras. "I want one of those on my favorite rifle." Kat indicates her battered L-20. "And on one of my pistols."

When Fiona shows up, Kat gives the Psi-Tech the same basic service list, with less than half the attidute.

Kat Dives In

Computer Operation 83%: 1d100 = 28
Computer Programming 68%: 1d100 = 62
Computer Hacking 58%: 1d100 = 34

Conditions: Direct datajack link to server.

When Kat finds the server for the complex, she decides to give it some exploration. After plugging in, the first thing Kat tries is a system recovery. I wonder if the last tenants were thorough on their way out. If there are any files to be explored, Kat saves them in a partition of the server after browsing them. If anything seems the kind of information that may interest a specific teammate

Then Kat engages in virtual Feng Shui. The virtual system architecture is written at the speed of thought. Kat uses a Greek Olympian motif, likely off something she digs out of the Intranet with some modifications. Kat's no visual artist, so her terrain visualization is all pre-packaged. Administrative questions are answered by Zeus, while maintenance is handled by Haphaestus. Aphrodite handles the link to the MercTown Intranet.

On the link to the Intranet, Kat designs some snarly looking alarm system to detect intruders. Cerberus should do nicely. Maybe someday, I design a program to actually put some hurt to a intruder, but a scary looking detection and alarm program will do for now. The City Rat then programs the server to announce visually and audibly on each terminal should the alarm go off.

Then Kat downloads the latest arena battles and watches some gore.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 50

After the pizza is gone, Analoy gathers her things and goes to check out the second floor. After sticking her head into all the bedrooms, Analoy picks out the easterly room of the two inside rooms with windows overlooking the hangar. The view isn't much, but if I'm physical security, this room gives me two points of access to the rest of the building. She looks out the window, Maybe we can get some plants and set up an in hangar outdoor area. A hot tub would be nice too. She gives her head a little shake as she pushes the thoughts of luxury items out, Anyway, with the window I can have alternate access to the landing and catwalks. She thinks about using the window now but shrugs and heads back out into the hallway, leaving her backpack resting on the bed.

After claiming a room, Analoy makes her way out onto the catwalks. Ranging all over the catwalks, she even goes up to the third floor and checks out the door that accesses the roof of the personnel portion of the building. Coming back in and onto the third floor catwalks, Analoy takes a seat, with her feet dangling over the edge, and watches Jez bring in her huge combat robot.

Hopping up, Analoy makes her way over to the others. "So, what's next?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 100

Returning to the hangar after allocating her gear, Jez saunters back to between Kat's mess and her TR. She's still lazily puffing away at the Ursa brand cigar as she gazes about her at their new digs and those assembled. I could really use a stiff drink to go with this cigar...and maybe... Jez grabs one of the last slices of pizza and begins horking it down even with a cigar slowly smoldering in her other hand. What the frak has gotten into my appetite lately?
Kat Porter wrote:When Jez comments on Kat's piles, Kat sticks out her tongue at Jez. "What? This is the repair bay, right? My armor needs service, two suits." Kat bends over and grabs the laser-damaged piece of her NE-BA-26. "My Naruni suit took a couple laser blasts before I got the force field up. No biggie there, right?"

Jez stuffs the last bite of the slice of pizza in her mouth, wipes her hand off on her pants leg, then reaches out with the restorative touch of her innate power to mend the basic damage to the Naruni suit. (-60 PTP) Her fingertips glow as she caresses the damage and strokes her fingers through the runnels on the surface of the armor left by the laser blasts. The damage seems to the naked eye to be undone, as if her fingertips were erasers and the damage from the laser blasts merely smudges of graphite left from someone's scribblings. "Nope. No biggie. Let's not waste Fiona's time and talents with mundane stuff unless she's so inclined. Minor stuff is just that--minor; she's a major asset to the team based on what you've said about her kind and what I've so far seen."

Kat Porter wrote:Kat grabs the arm of her Plastic Man in her other hand. "This arm is basically shot however. I probably should just go get a new one, it's not like there is a shortage of Plastic Man parts. It's only the most prolific armor out there." The City Rat scratches at the 'PAS' cross-hairs logo on the suit absently. "But call it sentimental, someone bought this suit for me. I'd like to see it fixed."

"I'm sure Fiona can affect the necessary repairs with no problems, Kat. No need to get all misty-eyed on us, but that kind of repair is outside the limits of my abilities." Jez doesn't follow Kat back upstairs, but remains in the hangar with her TR and, presumably, Fiona and the others.

Analoy wrote:Hopping up, Analoy makes her way over to the others. "So, what's next?"

Jez smiles. To the point and interested in getting down to productive business. This one will do well. "I think getting Fiona set-up and everybody settled in should be good for today. Then tomorrow morning, we go and get the lay of the land; Find some contracts. Decide which, if any of them, will bring us renown and credits. Kat?" Jez looks around. "Did Bettie and Cordelia get lost on the short way here, or are they hiding somewhere?"

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Fiona » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 50

Skill Rolls
Powers
Telemechanics (as per Super Psionic of the same name)
• 0 I.S.P. cost and double duration. 1d100 = 10/91% Pass
Machine and Electrical Diagnosis: A specialized form of object read.
• Range: Touch, Duration: 2 minutes/level, I.S.P.: 6
Impressions: 1d100 = 41/60% Pass, Images: 1d100 = 19/52% Pass , Present: 1d100 = 49/42% Fail.
Skills
Mechanical Engineering 1d100 = 77/49% Fail (To repair the damaged arm of Kat's Plastic Man)
Mechanical Engineering 1d100 = 34/49% Pass (Continue to try to repair the Armor)
Electrical Engineering 1d100 = 1/59% Pass (To repair the damaged arm of Kat's Plastic Man)
Basic Electronics 1d100 = 55/64% Pass (To set up her workstation)
Basic Mechanics 1d100 = 48/64% Pass (To set up her workstation)
Computer Operations 1d100 = 30/74% Pass (To set up her workstation)
Computer Repair 1d100 = 98/54% Fail (To set up her workstation)
Computer Repair 1d100 = 52/54% Pass (continuing her set up)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 88/54% Fail (To set up her workstation)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 83/54% Fail (continuing her set up)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 55/54% Fail (continuing her set up)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 9/44% Pass (To break any previous security)

Fiona sighs in a content way. Gonna be real busy with this group I think. Fiona moves into one of the offices and begins stealing a swivel chair from one of the desks and loading it up with stuff from the desk she feels she needs. before wheeling the chair full of things back into the hanger and to the repair bay. Fiona is setting up a "Desk" when Kat drops off her armor. "Yeah I can work on it, may need some parts, but I'll see what's laying around first." When Jez shows up and "Magically" fixes the Naruni suit, Fiona's jaw hits the floor. That's so cool! She thinks for several long moments before remembering to close her mouth. Soon Fiona goes back to work, anyone watching her will see she is methodical in what she does, but if you wern't paying attention you'd think it was plain chaos. Fiona quietly sings to herself as she works, mostly what one could consider driving music. Fiona hits the storage locker for spare parts in hopes of fixing Kat's suit. If successful she works on the suit, if not, she hands Kat a parts list.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Analoy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am

[rolls held]

Analoy grins at Jez and shrugs, "Sorry if I seem a little antsy. I don't really use a lot of gear so getting set up isn't much of an issue for me. Though, if you want, I could take control of the kitchen. Cooking is about the only thing I know that isn't directly related to field work." hehe, introduce me as the team cook and then watch me put my other skills to use and watch any new guys jaws drop. hehe She grins again then looks around the room and out the doorway and windows. "I haven't seen Bettie or this Cordelia for a bit. I took a pretty good look around, but I could have just missed them when I was roaming around."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:24 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat is pleasantly surprised at Jez's instant repair ability. That's pretty sweet.

"Say, that's a neat trick there, partner. Only works on minor stuff, eh? Still, that's probably close to 10 gees you just saved me, what with the Thermo-Kinetic features. Naruni armor is pricey as fuck. If we're ever low on funds or are in need of local currency, that's a downright marketable talent. Best not show it off to everyone, though. A certain," Kat clearly gropes for a term to use, waving her hand in a useless circular motion until she starts talking again.. "Small-minded we'll call them, segment of society will take serious offense."

Kat totally took off well before she could be useful to Jez about the newcomers.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:25 am

(rolls held over)

Analoy wrote:"...Though, if you want, I could take control of the kitchen. Cooking is about the only thing I know that isn't directly related to field work."

Jez snaps her fingers with a smile and points to the kitchen. "Get in the kitchen and take inventory. Determine what we need. When I'm able to cut you a card, you can head out and requisition the necessary supplies.
Analoy wrote:"I haven't seen Bettie or this Cordelia for a bit. I took a pretty good look around, but I could have just missed them when I was roaming around."

Frak. Those two are potential security breaches then. Jez nods and grimaces.

Kat Porter wrote:"Say, that's a neat trick there, partner. Only works on minor stuff, eh? Still, that's probably close to 10 gees you just saved me, what with the Thermo-Kinetic features. Naruni armor is pricey as fuck. If we're ever low on funds or are in need of local currency, that's a downright marketable talent. Best not show it off to everyone, though. A certain...small-minded we'll call them, segment of society will take serious offense."

Jez quirks up an eyebrow at this comment. "You're welcome, but what do you mean?"

Gear
Jezebel

Postby James Miller » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 am

Perception: 1d20+9
JIC: 1d20 1d100 = 79

Searching for bugs:
Electronic Countermeasures 58%|1d100 = 71 1d100 = 71 1d100 = 71
Undercover Ops 78% |1d100 = 15 1d100 = 47 1d100 = 26
Surveillance Systems 58%|1d100 = 29 1d100 = 90 1d100 = 19
Detect Concealment 48%| 1d100 = 9 1d100 = 43 1d100 = 44
Basic Electronics 58%| 1d100 = 62 1d100 = 5 1d100 = 20
Network Security:
Computer Operation 78%| 1d100 = 22
Computer Hacking 68%| 1d100 = 40
Computer Programing 53%| 1d100 = 89

James follows along to their new base and spends hours coming the place for any bugs or surveillance systems. Once he has swept every single inch of the building, he does it all again, Ya just can't be too careful. With my goddamn luck I'd end up with someone looking in on us. If he finds anything he'll immediately deactivate it and let Kat and Jez know what he found.

The spy then moves to the network system only to find that Kat has already addressed it and even put some security in for intruders. This is better than I could do. It's nice to see someone else is worries about this stuff. James will do what he can to add his own measures to the network safety before moving off to find Kat. When he does he smiles and says, "That's some damn fine skills setting up the network. Is that Greek gods running the show in there for us?" He let out a little laugh and adds, "Let me know if you want any help on that front."

After the work is done James makes a decision on what he would like to see in the new base. He tries to catch Kat and Jez at the same time and lets them know, "I would love to have a small control room to monitor a facility wide security system as well as software and hardware to monitor any radio chatter around Merctown. I also think it would be valuable to have a state of the art system to do our own investigating. You know...maybe a system good enough that it would need to be off the books as well." He adds a mischievous smile and a wink at that. James looks around the facility and adds, "Seeing as how we are speaking of off the books, based on who I am, I need to be able to be mobile instantly so I feel like it might be useful to have a couple of quick exits from multiple locations. It also wouldn't hurt to have a way to get out where no one could see us leaving." James does his best to try not look desperate on this last request but it leaks out into his body language anyway. I need to come and go without people seeing me. It'll make my skin crawl if I can't.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
James Miller
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 58

Cordelia spends a few absent minded hours sketching on the wall before she realizes she still has work to do. She returns to her Salamander and parks it in the space set aside by Fiona. Now the priority is moving those things she can not live without from the RV compartment of her vehicle to the new room. She grabs her boxes of books, places some of the botanical samples she collected recently and proceeds towards the living quarters. On the way in she sees Kat and approaches. Cordelia is still in the assumed form of Jezebel and decides to take some liberties with it.
"We definitely need some paint to spruce this place up a bit. Perhaps some nice pastels."
Cordelia

Postby Fiona » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Blaring from a Radio near Fiona

Fiona is happily working as people move about the building. Fiona is busily stripping electronics and life support hoses from the remnants of Kat's armor's ruined arm. "Gotta love the black market, never using the right kind of wire for any situation. All because it saves them half a credit per mile." Fiona says while bobbing her head to the music. When Cordelia brings her RV in, Fiona looks up and smiles when she parks it in the right spot. They can listen to basic instruction. Nice! Fiona tosses a screw driver to the side and grabs a pair of pliers to pull a stubborn connector loose. I should see if we can get a fuel tank in here for... just in case. The Lord of Fire would also like it, I would guess.

Fiona continues to listen to her music. "Great Forge Father, guide my hand in the rebuilding of this humble suit of armor." Fiona says quietly while tugging out the last of the connectors. "Now that the arm is stripped down to it's basest components, I can possibly see what's still good and what needs replaced." Fiona says to her self as she moves to her computer and starts working on her program to see what she needs. "I should see about getting databases full of diagrams, that would make this work easier."
Fiona

Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Townsend » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:03 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Tuesday, February 4th, 111 PA
roughly 3:15pm (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
45 degrees F (projected high of 45)

The next two hours pass relatively quickly as the new companions get to business of making their newly-purchased building into something more closely resembling a home. Those with vehicles/bots bring them into the hangar and park them where designated by the resident glamorous gal grease monkey, who more closely resembles a traffic cop than a mechanic directing everyone into their own parking areas. Fiona's telemechanic diagnostic sweeps give her a comprehensive mental inventory of the group's vehicular capabilities (as indicated on their respective character sheets). The only exception is Bettie, who left out to get some of her own effects from storage and who hasn't yet returned.

Meanwhile, Analoy makes her own inventory of their new HQ's larder. Had she heard the old human nursery rhyme about an elderly lady known as "Old Mother Hubbard," she'd undoubtedly been reminded of it as she checked the kitchen's cupboard -- and she'd have identified with Hubbard's poor dog as the pizzas that were delivered were apparently the only food in the building. There are utensils aplenty, just nothing to cook with them.

Cordelia unleashes her creative juices and adds splashes of color to the otherwise corporate-drab paint scheme of the building's interior. Her continued usage of Jez's visage causes a few double takes, especially when they are both in the same room at the same time.

Speaking of Jez, she raises a few eyebrows herself (including both of Kat's) as she restores Kat's armor with what appears to be some sort of 'magic touch.' Ever the pragmatist, the City Rat is quick to point out the economic boon Jez's metahuman abilities provide.

Welcome to Fiona’s -- Where Every Object Has a Story

As Fiona begins her examination of the grimy contents of Kat’s equally grimy bag (and hopefully refrains from making a “look what the Kat dragged in” joke), she finds that it’s a suit of Huntsman armor that’s had a leather vest with the Horsemen’s emblem/colors incorporated into it. There is no helmet to be found. She also finds a vibro-knife, an NG-45LP pistol with an extra clip, wallet (of course it’s on a chain) with a secured card and a non-secured card as well as a few business cards from various establishments around the city, a well-worn folded-up menu from First Edition Bookstore, a pen and a permanent marker.

As she begins her psychic examination she gets vague impressions regarding its previous owner. He was an ogre -- a smallish one as ogres go -- and he was a relatively low-ranking member of Mephisto’s Horsemen. He also was definitely not one of the ‘good guys’ as several impressions leave Fiona with a dark, cold feeling that she’s encountered before when ‘reading’ objects belonging to truly evil individuals. She can’t be certain, but she thinks she senses glimpses of unfamiliar coastal terrain and a sensation of being touched by something… slimy.
((OOC: Fiona, please include percentage checks for impressions/images/present for your Object Reads… though the ‘present’ in this case wouldn’t have been necessary of course. :wink: ))

The stolen bike is a Northern Gun NG-424 Hornet with an electric engine; aside from the (fortunately) removed tracking device, the dead man’s switch, and some tweaks to the lift thrusters to compensate for the rider’s increased bulk it’s pretty much stock. Apparently the ogre riding it wasn’t of high enough rank within the Horsemen to warrant major modifications.

Kat and (Computer) Mouse

Kat gains access to the building’s dedicated server with ease. The previous tenant was a courier/mail service company with a handful of light aircraft offering passenger/light cargo flights to various destinations in North America. Outside of a few questionable manifests to the Manistique Imperium on behalf of a “Jurist Elkcana,” however, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Recovered e-mails/financial files indicate a recent influx of funds that enabled the company to relocate to another hangar with better airstrip access.

As for the server itself, it seems to be adequate for the group’s needs in terms of size and speed of connection to the MercTown internet. Kat and James dial up a duet of diligent digital derring-do to set up formidable cyber security measures

James and the Great Bug Hunt

In addition to helping Kat set up security for the building’s server, James conducts a thorough search of the building itself looking for any means of official or ‘unofficial’ surveillance. There are the expected closed circuit camera systems at the receptionist desk and the terminal’s service counter covering the various entrances to the building/hangar (along with electric locks with keypads in both locations on the doors going into the hangar area, office area, and living area). What is not expected -- or maybe *is* expected giving how pessimistic one’s outlook may be -- there are monitors tied into the CCTV system in the large corner office as well as a recording setup leading to concealed microphones strategically located throughout the building. It appears whoever occupied this office wanted to keep tabs on his/her employees. It’s clear from the concealed design that this capability was not intended to be public knowledge, but there’s no telling whether or not others actually knew about it.

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:16 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 19

Jez calls up the Celestial Dragon and orders dinner for ten to be delivered at six o'clock. She then "makes her rounds" across the facility, helping out where necessary, and lending her feedback where needed.

In the kitchen she encourages Analoy to draft a grocery list which Jez will order and have delivered.

Passing through the computer room, Jez refrains from merging with the network to verify the work of her teammates. No need to step on any toes. I'm sure they're capable enough of overseeing such a mundane task. At James' request, she responds simply and bluntly. "A control room? What, and have you or someone else sitting on their ass and watching a screen all day? I think not. A mobile uplink should suffice to the end of monitoring traffic. As to discreet passages...that's worth looking into, but we'll have to do that ourselves given that any contractor would then constitute a breach in security." Her nose wrinkles in obvious disgust and disapproval at Kat's cybernetic implant before departing.

Running across Cordelia, she simply remarks, "If you're going to wear my face, you better change something visually significant about your appearance so people don't confuse the two of us. Compile a list of any equipment you need for field operations. If we're fortunate, we won't be spending too much longer here than necessary. We need to be out in the field earning credits and garnering a reputation."

Passing through the garage and hearing Fiona's choice in working music, she gives her a thumbs-up and an approving smile.

6PM Dinner & Staff Meeting
Between bites, Jez interrogates each of the team in turn, asking for a progress overview is on any projects in which they're engaged, and asking for any requisition lists. "Tomorrow, we need to land a contract. MercOps is our best bet for a solid outside contract, but the Job Market Cafe will also likely have a bunch of available work advertised. Kat and I should handle MercOps as we're the heads of this outfit, but I'd like the rest of you to hit up the JMC and other places you know of to find leads on other jobs as well. We can meet up at noon at the Celestial Dragon for a working lunch to determine what are options are and go from there. Sound good? Other proposals?"

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Fiona » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 71

OOC Comments
Object Read: Body Armor
Impressions: 1d100 = 13/60% Images: 1d100 = 77/52% Present: 1d100 = 87/42%
Object Read: Wallet
Impressions: 1d100 = 78/60% Images: 1d100 = 51/52% Present: 1d100 = 97/42%
Object Read: Menu
Impressions: 1d100 = 52/60% Images: 1d100 = 66/52% Present: 1d100 = 39/42%
Machine and Electrical Diagnosis: Vibro Knife
Impressions: 1d100 = 32/60% Images: 1d100 = 21/52% Present: 1d100 = 28/42%
Machine and Electrical Diagnosis: Gun
Impressions: 1d100 = 31/60% Images: 1d100 = 81/52% Present: 1d100 = 50/42%

Fiona's Radio

Fiona continues to work on Kat's armor, her radio blaring rock songs from the distant past and the present. Fiona is seemingly content in her place and work, happily micro-dancing to the music and working her magic on the mechanisms on her workbench. I really could get used to this. The next few hours are filled with tools, mechanical noises and cursing. Though all in all to any watching Fiona seems to be having a whole world of fun, though on th inside Finoa is working on two projects. The armor being the primary deal, while she considers her combat options for when the group goes out into the field. Maybe I can get them to buy me a junked drone and build it up for combat purposes. Someone has to get Fiona for dinner, because she hasn't the time to pay attention it seems.

Food and Staff Meeting

Fiona sheepishly enters the meeting room and finds a seat. Grabbing a few items of food Fiona digs in. When Jez asks her questions, Fiona stops and replies. "So far so good, may need a few bits to finalize the repairs on Kat's armor." Fiona responds before looking to Kat. "Did the readings you asked." Fiona says before tossing a notebook over to Kat. "The Ogre's bike is clean of things that'll come back to haunt us... He wasn't to highly ranked." When Jez mentions the group splitting up to check out jobs Fiona's ears perk up. "That sounds relatively easy and fun."
Fiona

Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:29 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 97

James and the God of Olympus
"Of course it's the Gods. Who else would I trust to watch over the system?" With James' assistance, the programming goes much smoother. This reassures Kat. Another addition to the 'not just eye candy collumn.

Kat partitions away the courier companies files. Curiousity might kill the Kat, but knowledge is power and Kat loves power.

Cordilia's Decor Tips
When Cordilia appears with Jez's face without her jumpsuit, Kat probably realizes its not her partner. She is familiar with Plebus, her best friend in recent history being one. Kat begins glaring daggers at Cordilia at the word 'pastels'. "Color, sure. Purple, red, neons. Black too. The street art livened up the place a bit. But you keep that pastel shit to your room."

Dinner Meeting

After Jez assigns tasks for tomorrow, Kat points some chopsticks at Fiona."Get that patch off the dead Horseman's armor and give it to Fixer. There's some bad blood there, and we can use that to open doors for better work. I'm less confidant in work from MercOps than my partner." Less enthusiastic, too. If MercOps handles the contracts, Dutcher's gonna know what I'm earning.

Kat glances over Fiona's notes. The City Rat will copy them onto the server for everyone to access after dinner.

Kat hands out user account information to all the members for the system James and her worked on earlier. "And don't mind Cerberus. Right now his bark is worse than his bite."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Moving in
Cordelia brings all her Erin Tarn books and her good reference books and for now her Allan Quartermaine novels and sets up a book shelf. Paint can wait. She is still new to the group and she doesnt wan to over step her welcome. If she feels she does not fit she wants to be ready to slip out quietly. She is very excited about being a part of a new group and wants to be accepted. With that she decides that using some one else's appearance is not how to get people to accept her, and changes back.

Meeting time
Cordelia is ready to contribute to help the group. "I would love to go to the Jobs Market. I can hardly wait to see all the exciting people and new beings. I also know that the flea market is near by and I would love to see if there are any good deals." She is almost bouncing in her chair at the idea. "whos with me!" Looking around smiling ear to ear.
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Jezebel wrote:Jez quirks up an eyebrow at this comment. "You're welcome, but what do you mean?"

"Human supremacists. Like the Coalition States- the huge nation west, north and south of us. Plenty of small-minded humans willing to kill or enslave what they don't understand. And. Do. Not. Underestimate. Them. Period. America is their turf more than it's anyone else's. Tread softly in another's turf."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 26
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 83 (To persuade Kat to divulge the whole truth)

Fiona wrote:Food and Staff Meeting
When Jez mentions the group splitting up to check out jobs Fiona's ears perk up. "That sounds relatively easy and fun."
Cordelia wrote:She is almost bouncing in her chair at the idea. Looking around smiling ear to ear.

Jez is pleased by the round of responses. "You two seem eager for the work. Hit up Fixer's joint. Analoy can meet you there after she's done grocery shopping. James, you ought to hit up The Gunman's Tavern. Kat and I made too much of a spectacle of ourselves last time we were there, but I'm certain it'd be right up your alley. See what kind of leads you can drum up for work."

Kat Porter wrote:"I'm less confidant in work from MercOps than my partner."

Jez narrows her eyes. With the lights turned down low and comfortable, intimate even for a dinner party, she could finally take her goggles off. She's always so calculating. Never fully expresses herself or shares the whole truth...even with her teammates. That's a trait the mind-frakking coup leaders exhibited to a fault. Likely can't change her behavior, it's probably from her past experiences and the environment she grew up in. Jez sighs internally. Guess I just gotta work with that and coax the whole truth out of her. (See roll.) "Kat, hon, what's your angle? What do you know that I don't? We're a team. What effects one of us will inevitably effect us all. Whatever it is, we need to know."

Kat Porter wrote:Kat hands out user account information to all the members for the system James and her worked on earlier. "And don't mind Cerberus. Right now his bark is worse than his bite."

Stabbing another piece of meat with a knife and popping it into her mouth, she thinks while she chews. Oh, that's useful for the rest of the team. Shouldn't really matter to me, but I suppose it'll be easier than just brute-forcing my way around our own systems. "Good work you two. Let me know if you need any help at the later stages. I've some modest skills with such myself."

Kat Porter wrote:"Human supremacists. Like the Coalition States- the huge nation west, north and south of us. Plenty of small-minded humans willing to kill or enslave what they don't understand. And. Do. Not. Underestimate. Them. Period. America is their turf more than it's anyone else's. Tread softly in another's turf."

Jez gulps down another bite as she nods. "Yeah, I've heard word that they were an imperialist power of some sort. That they're territorial is of no great surprise given the hostility of the environment, but are they actually imperialistic/expansionistic? Likewise, that they demonstrate an in-group preference is perfectly reasonable. Do they have non-humans among them at all? How do they interact with other powers and other races? You know, in general. There's likely to be exceptions, right? Many jobs working for or against them? I don't have any first hand knowledge of them which is odd if they're such a major force in the region."

Gear
Jezebel

Postby James Miller » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+9
JIC: 1d20 1d100 = 93

1-Computer Operation 78%|1d100 = 95
2-Computer Hacking 68%|1d100 = 42
3-Computer Programing 53%|1d100 = 2
4-Electronic Countermeasures 58%|1d100 = 68
5-Surveillance Systems 58%|1d100 = 96
6-Basic Electronics 58%|1d100 = 75
7-Sensory Equipment 68%|1d100 = 7

8-Intelligence 66%|1d100 = 61 Intelligence 66%|1d100 = 42 Intelligence 66%|1d100 = 16
9-General Repair & Maintenance 63%|1d100 = 91 General Repair & Maintenance 63%|1d100 = 65 General Repair & Maintenance 63%|1d100 = 60

10-Forgery 58% |1d100 = 3
11-Literacy: English 70% |1d100 = 46

James smiles and lets that feeling of success roll over him when he finds the hidden systems. Not this time you shifty fuckers. This was probably not intended to catch us but it's getting shut down, for now anyway. He spends the time he needs to shut down the system without damaging it, (skill rolls 1-7)

James listens intently to Jez's response to his idea's,
Jezebel wrote: "A control room? What, and have you or someone else sitting on their ass and watching a screen all day? I think not. A mobile uplink should suffice to the end of monitoring traffic. As to discreet passages...that's worth looking into, but we'll have to do that ourselves given that any contractor would then constitute a breach in security."

Do I just give off the impression of having shit for brains? Obviously one of us won't sit at it. Outwardly James smiles like him and Jez are old friends, "Of course, of course. I would assume that a remote connection to any sytems we have here would be essential. I just like the idea of having a room with all the monitors when we need it." He laughs a bit and adds, "Call me old fashion on that one." He pauses quickly and adds, "I agree that these alternate exits be handled in house. I'll figure out who could help me with that and get you a proposal of likely spots before we do any demo." Before she has a chance to leave James takes a step closer and in a quieter voice says, "I found an interesting system of bugs hidden in the building. Whomever had this place before us had the whole place secretly wired and it is still intact. I took the liberty of shutting in off until we decide what to do with it."

James then sets off looking for the best place to put in a few secretive entrances, (skill rolls 8-9). Once he has some likely options he writes up a report looking like a full business proposal and prints a copy for Jez and Kat, (skill rolls 10-11).

James submits his proposal just as Jez is handing out orders:
Jezebel wrote:"You two seem eager for the work. Hit up Fixer's joint. Analoy can meet you there after she's done grocery shopping. James, you ought to hit up The Gunman's Tavern. Kat and I made too much of a spectacle of ourselves last time we were there, but I'm certain it'd be right up your alley. See what kind of leads you can drum up for work."

Excited for something to do the spy quickly stands while saying, "Sounds good, I'll head there right now."

((The Gunman's Tavern. ))
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

James is also: Aether Eurasia GM Kilo Templars
James Miller
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 28

Kitchen

After volunteering for cooking duty, Analoy spends a good part of the afternoon in the kitchen. She busies herself getting familiar with the space and its storage capacity as well and familiarizing herself with the pots, pans, utensils and other items that were left behind for the next tenant. She pulls everything out, then cleans and reorganizes the entire kitchen.

Satisfied that the kitchen is in good working order, Analoy goes about preparing a grocery list composed of several varieties of proteins as well as a myriad of fruits and vegetables. She also lists out several types of prepackaged snacks and other junk food.

Meeting

At the meeting/meal, Analoy nods along as the others go over things that are outside of her wheelhouse. She chomps along on yet another meal prepared by the Celestial Dragon. I wonder, does Jez really like this type of food or is this just a means to kick back some money to the old woman that helped Jez and Kat form up the group we have here.

When she hears he name, Analoy speaks up, "The kitchen is set up and all clean, but the cupboard is a bare as on old dog's bone. I was going to ask one of you to give me a hand and computer it off to a grocer so that it could be delivered in the morning. That way I can get it stored first thing and Cordelia, Fiona and I can all head over to the Job Market Café together rather than trying to connect up later." She peers across to the leaders as well as Cordelia and Fiona, just in case this plan doesn't sync up with their schedules.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Jezebel wrote:
Kat Porter wrote:"I'm less confidant in work from MercOps than my partner."

"Kat, hon, what's your angle? What do you know that I don't? We're a team. What effects one of us will inevitably effect us all. Whatever it is, we need to know."

"Well.... Partner... The man I pay all that money to, and the group he represents have some sort of cozy special relationship with MercOps. I don't know how tight it is exactly. But taking jobs from them likely would transform the 10% tax I pay, into a 10% tax the whole team pays." Kat scrunches up her nose whenever she says 'tax' like she caught a wiff of the dumpster smell.

Jez wrote:"Yeah, I've heard word that they were an imperialist power of some sort. That they're territorial is of no great surprise given the hostility of the environment, but are they actually imperialistic/expansionistic? Likewise, that they demonstrate an in-group preference is perfectly reasonable. Do they have non-humans among them at all? How do they interact with other powers and other races? You know, in general. There's likely to be exceptions, right? Many jobs working for or against them? I don't have any first hand knowledge of them which is odd if they're such a major force in the region."

When Jez asks if they are actually expansionistic, Kat nods emphatically. "They conquered another kingdom not too long ago. Tolkeen. They were a major trading partner in these parts before the war. Before that they absorbed Fort El Dorado. I think that covers the last decade of expansion."

"I sold the Coalition some gear last year some time. That firefight in the Hub I have an article for, remember? They were the buyers. They started with threatening to take our scientist into custody, but negotiations warmed up from there. Over half the merc trade involves them, either as a client or a opposing force."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 am

(rolls held over)

Jez leans back in her chair, staring at the ceiling, and exhales. "Whew, they must have some connections."

She looks to Analoy. "Good call. Make it happen."

She looks back to Kat. "That's not reasonable. Nor is it negotiable. Your obligation doesn't translate to our obligation, and I'll kill anyone who tries to enforce such theft. You want to bring this frakker down? Cool. Let's test this asshole's gumption then. Let's see him try and collect."

She looks around the table to the others. "Y'all want some asshole skimming 10% off your earnings just because Kat's in the group? I don't. Would you put up with that shit for a second? I wouldn't."

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Analoy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy nods to Jez when the leader gives her the go ahead for the online grocery shopping and delivery. "Just let me know if there is anything special that you want." She looks to the others, "That goes for everyone else too."

Cordelia is ready to contribute to help the group. "I would love to go to the Jobs Market. I can hardly wait to see all the exciting people and new beings. I also know that the flea market is near by and I would love to see if there are any good deals." She is almost bouncing in her chair at the idea. "Who's with me!" Looking around smiling ear to ear.

Grinning, Analoy turns to face Cordelia. "If you can give me a hand placing a computer order tonight, that would be great. I'm not to sure about ordering meat and produce over the computer, but we can at least get the dry goods and junk food set up for delivery and maybe some frozen goods. I think I'd like to swing by the market when we're coming back from our job hunt and pick up some fresh goods. You and Fiona," she turns face the other woman with an inviting smile on her face, "can both come too. If you're interested."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 96

To Analoy, Cordelia says, "I haven't yet checked out the kitchen but I would love to help. I have been living on mostly junk food and pastries since I left Lazlo. So I would TOTALLY love to get some real produce before my hips blow up like a Butter Troll. I would really love the chance to get to know you two as well. I've never met a maxi man...er...woman...and I'm very intrigued."

To Fiona, Cordelia says, "I'm sure your tattoos aren't as functional, but that is some lovely artwork. I was hoping I could check out your music collection. I heard you jamming out in the hanger and I just didn't want to interrupt your work until I get to know you better."

To Kat, Cordelia says, "If you can direct me towards exactly what kind of work we are looking for, I can be fairly persuasive toward weak minded guys who may lean my way. I dont mind putting on a performance if it gets me what i want. As long as I have someone willing to get my back."
Cordelia

Postby Fiona » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Kat Porter wrote:Kat hands out user account information to all the members for the system James and her worked on earlier. "And don't mind Cerberus. Right now his bark is worse than his bite."

"Thanks." Fiona says pocketing the slip of paper. "and, yeah I'll pull that patch before I hit the hay tonight." Fiona says while adding another task to her ever expanding list of things to do.

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia is ready to contribute to help the group. "I would love to go to the Jobs Market. I can hardly wait to see all the exciting people and new beings. I also know that the flea market is near by and I would love to see if there are any good deals." She is almost bouncing in her chair at the idea. "whos with me!" Looking around smiling ear to ear.

Fiona looks to Cordelia. "I suppose I'll go with you, they have some good deals on parts there sometimes. Merc's to quick to dump things they haven't properly identified."

Jezebel wrote:"You two seem eager for the work. Hit up Fixer's joint. Analoy can meet you there after she's done grocery shopping... See what kind of leads you can drum up for work."

Fiona nods to Jez. "Yeah, can do... We'll go tomorrow afternoon. Fiona says while thinking when the best time to find Fixer is. He always seems to be there, and everywhere else at the same time... strange I never thought of that before.

Analoy wrote:"The kitchen is set up and all clean, but the cupboard is a bare as on old dog's bone. I was going to ask one of you to give me a hand and computer it off to a grocer so that it could be delivered in the morning. That way I can get it stored first thing and Cordelia, Fiona and I can all head over to the Job Market Café together rather than trying to connect up later." She peers across to the leaders as well as Cordelia and Fiona, just in case this plan doesn't sync up with their schedules.

"Sounds reasonable Analoy. I can help if no one else want to." Fiona says, thinking of adding another task to her list.

Jezebel wrote:She looks around the table to the others. "Y'all want some asshole skimming 10% off your earnings just because Kat's in the group? I don't. Would you put up with that shit for a second? I wouldn't."

Fiona shakes her head no. "I personally am tired of paying anyone money to just continue business in this town. That's why I joined you."

Cordelia wrote:"I'm sure your tattoos aren't as functional, but that is some lovely artwork. I was hoping I could check out your music collection. I heard you jamming out in the hanger and I just didn't want to interrupt your work until I get to know you better."

Fiona smiles at the compliment. "Yeah I like them, pretty good work for gang members. Fiona says before considering Cordelia's next question. "Oh I don't really own any music, I was just listening to the local radio. They play some good tunes to work to." Fiona says with a hint of sadness to her voice.
Fiona

Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Jezebel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 pm

(rolls held over)

Analoy wrote:Analoy nods to Jez when the leader gives her the go ahead for the online grocery shopping and delivery. "Just let me know if there is anything special that you want." She looks to the others, "That goes for everyone else too."

Jez smiles. "Whiskey. Make sure to buy plenty of whiskey."

Cordelia wrote:To Kat, Cordelia says, "If you can direct me towards exactly what kind of work we are looking for, I can be fairly persuasive toward weak minded guys who may lean my way. I dont mind putting on a performance if it gets me what i want. As long as I have someone willing to get my back."

Jez's smile drops and her countenance becomes all business. "That's a useful skill in any line of work. Just don't do it wearing my face. I don't want any mistaken assumptions about who I am and what I'm doing."

Fiona wrote:Fiona shakes her head no. "I personally am tired of paying anyone money to just continue business in this town. That's why I joined you."

Jez lolls her head back and stares at the ceiling before looking back to Fiona. "Right, and padding some third party's pocket is certainly no goal of mine. I'll deprive Kat of the joy of vaporizing this guy myself if he even tries to collect." Suddenly changing gears, Jez asks, "Anyone have any booze? I'd kill for some shots right about now."

Gear
Jezebel

Postby Analoy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:17 pm

[rolls held]

Cordelia wrote: "I haven't yet checked out the kitchen but I would love to help. I have been living on mostly junk food and pastries since I left Lazlo. So I would TOTALLY love to get some real produce before my hips blow up like a Butter Troll. I would really love the chance to get to know you two as well. I've never met a maxi man...er...woman...and I'm very intrigued."

Analoy looks to Cordelia, "For now just think of me as the cook. When we get out into the field, I'll show you what I can do." She gives a little grin, "As for those hips, some proper combat training will keep them in shape."

She turns a little, incorporating Fiona into the conversation, "Great, with you guys helping we can get this order placed tonight and I'll just have to shop for the fresh stuff." Analoy gives the two women a little nod, "Just let me know when you have time."

Jez smiles. "Whiskey. Make sure to buy plenty of whiskey."

Turning to Jez, Analoy reply's with a grin, "I was already planning on a full bar, if it was in the budget, but I'll make sure to get a couple of cases of whiskey and some beer at the very least. But there's too many great sauces that have alcohol as an ingredient to not at least have a small bar."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:48 am

Cordelia can hardly contain her excitement. "Lets go! I haven't been to the Hub before but I'm willing to drive. There is plenty of space in my Salamander. I am very eager to start chronicling the goings on in the city."
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

Kat's addition to the shopping list: "Cigarettes. Vodka. Marijuanna. Canned Ravioli. Adam's Cola. I'm still gonna be eating out as long as we are in town, so mostly just buy foodstuffs for the road."

Kat shrugs when nobody takes up Jez's arguments about MercOps. "We can always see what kind of contracts are available. 90% of a whole lot is better than 100% of slim pickins."

When Cordilia and Fiona talk about a side-trip to the Swap Meet, Kat edges in on the conversation. "Shopping at the Swap Meet? Maybe I'll come by after we're done at MercOps. Gotta show my face there again eventually, right?"

"Let's get this shit done, I guess." Kat pulls up the Intranet connection and logs into MercOps servers. Kat sets herself a meeting at the earliest available timeslot. Kat then relays the time of the meeting to Jez.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:14 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy looks to Kat with a raised eye brow, "If that's what you want, but I can do better than canned ravioli. Even when we're on the road. Of course that all depends on what type of food storage systems we have. If we're hoofing it, dried and dehydrated is the way to go, but if we have any kind of freezer available, that's a whole other story. While were home, I can prepare almost anything you want. I was thinking I could fix up several selection and keep them in the refrigerator ready for a reheat."

Analoy looks around at the others, trying to gauge what their preferences are. I guess that's something we'll just have to figure out.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Fiona finishes her food and slides the container away. "Whatever we do, can we get something other than Chinese or Pizza?" Fiona asks with a smile. Getting up from her seat, Fiona makes her way towards the machine shop once more. Fiona eyes the chair she stole for her improvised desk and sits down sloppily before spinning to look at the computer she has set up. "So shopping huh." Fi says to no one as she begins to maneuver the MercTown Internet. Fiona brings up Spirit Sales and Allen Foods. "This should do for what we need to order, minus the drugs... I suppose I could call someone at Booster's for that."

When the list is given to her, Fiona inputs it and sets the delivery for the next morning. "All set, they'll ship it to us tomorrow."
Fiona

Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Townsend » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm

The Calendar Guy wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
projected high of 45 degrees F

The group converses until late in the evening as everyone gets to know each other (and their new home) better. The laundry room on the 2nd floor has enough linens to make up the beds -- the accommodations are rather unsurprisingly spartan, but at least it's a start. Those who wish to spend the night at the HQ are comfortable enough, while those who want to spend the night at the hotel may do so instead (alternatively the hotel staff is all too eager to accommodate any requests to deliver the personal effects still in the suite).

Fiona places an online order for booze (heavy on the whiskey) and non-perishable groceries. The bar in the common room on the 2nd floor has ample space for liquors/beer/wine but the cupboard there is just as empty as the one in the kitchen.

Kat sets up an appointment with MercOps for 10:30 on Wednesday morning, Suite 700 of Mercenary Plaza. Fiona, Analoy and Cordelia make similar plans to hit the Job Market Cafe as well as some additional shopping stops.

The next morning, the groceries arrive promptly at 8am and are quickly put away in their respective locations. In the process they find a handwritten note taped to the refrigerator door:

James wrote:Gone to get a good feel for the city and set up some contacts. May be gone a while. Keep my room for me. I’ll be back. -- James

Jez and Kat arrive at Mercenary Plaza and are greeted by an inevitable over-perky receptionist. ((Continue conversation here))

Meanwhile, the other G.I.R.L.S. make their way to the Job Market Cafe. The establishment looks like it could seat roughly 200 people and by anyone's best guess there's at least 150-175 in there. The air is thick with the smell of eggs, bacon, coffee, beer, sweat, gun oil, and a million other scents. In a back corner booth sits a paunchy, middle-aged guy sipping on a cup of coffee while at the same time working away on a portable computer. ((Continue conversation here))

Townsend
Game Master

Return to The Outskirts