G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Postby Analoy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am

[rolls held]

Analoy grins at Jez as she pulls a tray of hot meat pies out of the oven and stacks them on a cooling rack. "Help yourself but these are still hot, so be careful." She gives a nod to a loaf of bread sitting off to the side. "The bread should still be warm and its got a bacon and spice filling rolled into it."

Analoy pauses as Jez shouts for Susan, then she says, "I was mainly working on easy travel food so we don't have to resort to Kat's canned pasta right from the start. Next up is a tofu and veggie fried rice. I'll package them up individually and they're pretty easy to reheat and eat on the go." She moves and pulls out a big pot, pouring rice and water into it along with some seasonings, then sets it going on the stove and turns back to Jez, "Like I was telling the others, my plan is to keep a variety of premade meals in the cooler so that everyone can come it and grab something as they go about their day. Group meals will be made to order, of course. If you have a specific request, I plan to put a chalkboard or something on the door and you can just write down what you want. I'll keep plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables on hand as well whatever snack foods you guys request. Just let me know and I'll do my best to keep it stocked."

Analoy turns again and pulls a wok up on to the stove, then starts dicing a block of tofu that was sitting next to an assortment of vegetables. "If that's okay with you and Kat, of course?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 am

(rolls held over)

Jez scrunches her nose up at the sight of the tofu. Nutrient paste. Never again. I think I'd rather starve. "Animal proteins and fats, and fresh vegetables are my preferences. In whatever combination you can find will be fine with me. That," Jez points to the quivering mass of tofu, "will never again be a part of my diet, but if the team is okay with it, keep it up." Where the frak is our resident speed-freak of a doctor?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am

[rolls held]

Analoy grins as Jez turns her nose up at the tofu, "You're the boss." She pushes a meat pie toward the other woman, "You'll like these then. Beef steak, carrots, onions, celery, peas and potatoes all stewed and wrapped in a puff pastry crust. Hold it by the edge and eat it from the fold in and you shouldn't make a mess eating it. Huh, for some reason I'm on a British food kick right now."

Waiting on the rice to finish cooking, Analoy turns from the stove to face Jez, "I realize you aren't from around here, but if you describe foods you like to me, I can try and make a good local analog for them. I might never get it quite right but food is a great way to... never forget the things you've lost."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Jezebel wrote:ROLLS HELD

"Susan!" Jez cries at the top of her lungs. If Susan heard Jez and shows up in the kitchen, she'll ask her "Hey, you think you can check to see if I have a parasite? I've been ravenous for the last couple days no matter how much I eat."

Susan seems to appear out of nowhere in response to Jez's call, intently eyeing her new boss up and down. "Hmmm, do you have any other symptoms I should know about?"

She nods as Jez answers. "That does sound like a problem. LET'S RUN SOME TESTS!"

Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 40 / 38%
Medical Doctor 1d100 = 6 / 63%
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 am

(Rolls held over)

Jezebel thinks on it a moment. "Well, my whole body has been aching the last few days as well, but I just chalked that up to having been sedentary of late."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 am

(Rolls Held)

Kat isn't quite excited about the grocery bill. "Jeez. I coulda fed us from Grandad's for less." The City Rat tastes some of the tofu. "Better than dumpster leavings, I'll give it that." Once the City Rat tries a meat pie, however, her tune changes. "Way better than a nuke-pocket!" The City Rat gobbles a few of the pies down, then covers one with tofu. Then eats THAT. Then the City Rat asks. "Can you make this gooy paste shit taste like pepperoni, or nacho cheese?" Maybe she can do that better than a processing machine too! Kat hopes to herself, while continuing to devour any foodstuffs within her path.

Then the teenager tries the bacon bread. Kat loves bacon. Kat proposes marriage to the loaf before consuming it. Then, depending on Analoy's efforts, Kat either wipes out the supply or puts more of a dent in it than anything as small as Kat should.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 pm

The evening progresses as the group gets settled into their respective rooms. While the accommodations aren’t luxurious by any means (though some living in the shanties down in the Warrens might vehemently disagree) they are serviceable and comfortable.

Analoy stakes her claim on the kitchen and after some mental organization she gets down to business of preparing food for the job and beyond. While certainly none would deride the magic embedded in the tattoos that cover her body, it becomes clear as the piquant aromas of the bread and spices begin to waft through the different parts of the building (especially the 2nd floor) that she’s more than capable of weaving succulent spells of gastronomy as well. She finds she doesn’t really need to stick her head out of the kitchen to find out what everyone else is up to as just about everyone visits at least once or twice just to get a better whiff of what’s cooking -- and what’s cooking are Cornish pasties (with the short “a” sound)! Perhaps it’s just a random feeling of déjà vu or the half-remembered remnants of a strange dream… but whatever the source of Analoy’s inspiration for British cuisine she manages to pull it off better than most actual Britons would.

Susan inspects the various potential locations for her clinic and eventually agrees with James that enclosing part of the balcony would be the most ideal location. As the group is chowing down on Analoy’s “epic” pasties, she confers with Jez regarding her physical condition in between attempts to secure DNA samples from everyone. Based upon Jez’s stated symptoms, Susan realizes that it sounds like her aches could indeed be muscle tension resulting from disuse atrophy. Unfortunately she’s not of a race that’s frequently encountered in North America (or really, anywhere else on Rifts Earth) so without known a lot more about Arismal physiology it’s difficult to verify with 100% accuracy.

((OOC: up to each one of you as to whether or not you want to comply with Susan’s requests, but those who do please state so in your replies. I believe Cordelia has already agreed back at the JMC.))

Cordelia tries her best to relax before the next day’s mission after stocking up her Salamander, but unfortunately for her sleep plays coy, aloof and disdainful (as Maya Angelou might say). It is only after adding a new mural to one of the walls that her mind allows itself to sleep, perchance to dream and with it the risks of what dreams may come. How do hardened veterans with multiple combat operations manage to sleep soundly? DO they sleep soundly? Do they count sheep? Do they count other things -- and what would they be? Do they need drugs to calm them down and knock them out? These are the questions that vex the waking mind when it wants to no longer be waking.

Speaking of hardened veterans, the most grizzled girl of the group (that’s Jez, for those playing along at home) for her part once dinner and diagnosis are done spends the rest of her evening making sure all her gear -- including her upgraded armor and robot vehicle -- are in proper working order as soldiers have been wont to do since the days when “gear” included swords and shields.
Kat, meanwhile, spends her evening inspecting everyone else’s gear -- or else their vehicles -- and makes her recommendation regarding vehicle choices for the job. The Salamander and the robot provide more than enough room for the group to travel. She checks with Fiona about her weapon modifications, but unfortunately the group’s resident mechanic has been so preoccupied with getting the work spaces in order that she hasn’t had an opportunity to do so.

((OOC: Fi missed posting this cycle, so no pimped weapons for you this time.))

((OOC: Also, any last-minute catching up you feel you need to take place this evening before heading out tomorrow should be posted as soon as you can and shouldn't last past this week. Otherwise, go ahead and start making your posts in the adventure thread.))
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Percep 52%: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 12

Cook 95%: 1d100 = 1, 1d100 = 21 1d100 = 57 (Superior Quality) all these foods should be on the awesome to good side

Analoy volunteers a DNA sample to Susan, "There you go but being that my abilities are based off magic, I don't think it will help you in you research."

Analoy looks at Kat and grins, "Sure, I could have spent less, if all you wanted was sugar, fat and starch. And I'll be more than happy to keep your junk food on hand but I'm gonna make the good healthy things too and I'll steer clear of the tofu from now on as well. The pies on the other hand, yeah, I can fill those with just about anything. How does Chorizo and nacho cheese or better yet queso fresco."

Analoy watches Kat eat way more of the bacon bread than one her size should and says, "Bacon bread appears to be a winner." She turns and starts working on another ball of dough. "I'm thinking a breakfast bread on this one. Then I'll clean up and head off to bed. How's cranberry walnut sound?"

Analoy works for a few more hours, getting some fresh food prepared for the first few days of their expedition and organizing their supplies of pre-prepared meals and long tern dried and canned food stuffs. Then she goes to her room and turns in for the night.

During the night, Analoy gets awaked by an odd mystical summons from K'Sarlex Ortoza. Slipping away, she meets him at a random location and he guides her to the College of Magic were he has called in some favors and arranged for a time hole, so she can report her progress in Merctown, get a magical tattoo and most importantly, heal from the negative effects of getting said magical tattoo. After much to long a time, days and days, sitting in the time hole healing and doing basic exercises, Analoy vows to herself that the next time she is summoned like this, she will come better prepare. Bringing a few books and cooking supplies at the very least to keep busy. When she finally exits the time hole, only a couple of hours has pasted. She makes her way back to the hangar and starts loading their supplies into the Salamander, anxious to get moving and see more than just a cube shaped room.

In the morning she dresses, putting on her new cloak, and grabs her backpack to head down to the hangar. She glaces back into her room and aside from the messed bedding, it doesn't look like anyone lives in here. Haha, I'm still carrying everything I own. Don't have enough to warrant leaving anything behind. When we get back, maybe I should get Cordelia to paint some pictures for me.

Then she heads to the hangar and starts her first adventure with the GIRLS of Merctown.
Last edited by Analoy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:10 am

Jezebel wrote:
Jezebel thinks on it a moment. "Well, my whole body has been aching the last few days as well, but I just chalked that up to having been sedentary of late."

Rolls held over

Susan's brow furrows. "Hmmm, that doesn't sound like a parasite and you're not running a fever or otherwise indicating infection, although I'm not familiar with your species. LET'S DO A DNA SEQUENCE!"

Clinical Genetics: 1d100 = 46 / 48%

After running the sequencing a few times, Susan looks up, slightly confused. "Well, I have... neutral news for you, Ms. Jez. You're not 'sick' in a traditional sense, but your DNA is definitely in flux somehow. It seems like your overall muscle mass is increasing in density and tensile strength at the genetic level. Have you been exposed to any mutagens recently? While it doesn't seem like you're in danger, we should keep an eye on it, running a test every few days if possible. My computer has the capability to do so in the field, now that we've got you in the system. Hopefully we can learn more after ongoing testing or your genes will stabilize without you growing a second head..."

In response to the discussion about setting up a clinic, Susan starts making general plans to modify the downstairs office, including starting to draw up a list of equipment for the future medical bay.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Corrigan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Perception: 1d20 | 1d20 = 4
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 14
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 92
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 5

Corrigan arrives.

She's a no-fanfare kind of person and she comes with few things that take up space.

Just herself and her strange slew of hammers. She's added a flintlock rifle over one shoulder and a small bag of random things. She might need to make another trip, depending on how fruitful the adventures at shopping were. But that is besides the point and neither here nor there,

Objective one is to store her gear and objective two is to find out where the hell that smell is coming from, because it's making her stomach gnaw.

She arrives just in time to hear the quip about DNA and for a second she just stares, then shrugs, grins, and wanders to join.

"Figures I walked in at about the most confusing thing to overhear." She fixes her eyes on the sciencey-type.

"What's DNA?"
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to The Outskirts