Headquarters & Stables of Ostrosaurus Express (6)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Headquarters & Stables of Ostrosaurus Express (6)

Postby Augur » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Outside the city walls is the large, fenced in compound and stables of Ostrosaurus Express. Inspired and named after the legendary
Pony Express of the American Old West, this business serves as an independent mail and small package delivery service that mainly operates east of the Mississippi River and parts of the southwest. The Ostrosaurus Express is not a shipping company, rather it
functions as a private mail carrier for hire.

The MercTown HQ consists of animal pens, stables, an administration and logistics building (with giant wall maps and
computer screens), bunkhouses for riders, a mess hall, and a dispatch office. At any given time there are 36-60 riding beasts and
20-50 riders at the MercTown office resting between and waiting for their next assignment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Re: Headquarters & Stables of Ostrosaurus Express (6)

Postby Bellone » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:08 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 2

Benjamin approaches with Savannah and Max looking for anyone who may be able to help him get boarding for his trusty steed. "I don't like this girl, but I try to make it temporary as possible."
Bellone

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 am

The stables here are plentiful in number and of varying sizes. In addition, there are a number of kennels and other areas set aside for beasts of varying sizes and dispositions to be housed. Ben even sees a Fury Beetle in a large pen grazing on a large bale of hay. A stablehand quickly finds him and his animals. "Need lodging for your companions, sir?" The stablehand seems totally at ease with the two animals and produces an apple which Savannah heartily accepts as the man speaks with you. "If you think you might be in and out of the area frequently, you can simply time-share a pen for your animals for a flat fee of 1,000 credits a year. Otherwise, the company charges a per animal per day rate based on the type and number of animals. Which would you prefer, sir? These are not exotic beasts, so it's really just a matter of how often you think you might be in town."
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Bellone » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:49 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 69

"I think the time share would be the best bet. I don't know how much time I'll be here, but it gives me a year." Benjamin hands over the credits and Savannah's reins. "I'll be back to see you girl." He turns to leave having Max at his heels. "Ok boy time to find some new gear and rations." Benjamin decides first thing to do is head for the Arms Bazzar. I need a hunting rifle.

Shooters (114)
Bellone

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:48 am

The stablehand helps Ben make the necessary arrangements, deducts the sum (after conversion) from Ben's black card, and immediately sees to the housing, feed, and grooming of his two animals.
Augur
Admin

Postby David Henderson » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Headquarters & Stables of Ostrosaurus Express
Attachments
Ostrosaurus Express.png
Ostrosaurus Express.png (286.96 KiB) Viewed 99 times
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Outskirts