Roughnecks Operations Compound (206a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Roughnecks Operations Compound (206a)

Postby SNAFU » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 am

Murdoc wrote: Chats with Morty.

"Morty or Mortimer, either is fine. I will look for some of Jazz greats after you have left" Morty abruptly stops, and stares into space for 30 seconds or so. "There. The modifications have been made to the Wingrider. You've been very kind... I hope this isn't too forward, but I was wondering what you were planning after the drug regime has run it's course? If you've considered bionics, can I suggest a complete Intelligence transfer? I've been developing a new technique, I believe I could move your entire consciousness into an artificial frame! We could make it look almost exactly like you do now!" Morty looks at Murdoc with an expectant smile and waits for a response.
SNAFU

Postby Mercedes » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Baker wrote:"Mercedes, come on in and grab a pew! I saw you with that flock of of fledglings there, I admire you. "

"No, I just...

Baker wrote:"I was raised by my older sister as well-"

"But I-"

Baker wrote:"-and I've got a lot of respect for what you are doing."

Hmm...maybe I can use this to my advantage.
"Uh, yea...yeah!"

Baker wrote:"I'll have Morty modify your quarters to accommodate the bigger crowd."

My room?! MY ROOM!?!
"NO! I mean, no...trouble."

Baker wrote:"We' ll get them to do odd jobs around the place to cover their room and board. They'll be taken care of while your gone I assure you! Are they enrolled in school yet?"

"No, uh, not yet. I might know someone though..."

Baker wrote:"You guys need anything?"

"Sounds like you got everything covered already, boss. I...could use some time away from the bra...er...kids. Adult time." Mercedes smiles suggestively, thinking devious thoughts.
((Empathic Transmission: Love; -6ISP))
If I can control him...I can put myself in a better position. Maybe even management!

At night, Mercedes meditates to regain her ISP and PPE.
Mercedes' Visitor
Mercedes doesn't get to dream because she is visited by yet another messenger of Venethrax a Magical Bat which relays the following message with a sigh,"Ugh, there's been a mistake. You know how upset I get if some one fails me. That damn troll frakked up. You killed the wrong guy, I killed the Troll. Instead, I need you to go to this location10 miles North West of Merctown and kill this guy. The Mekano-Maestro von Klink. I've had some associates keep him occupied but they aren't very... trustworthy... you better go NOW. Lord Amroth Dasule Venethrax out." The mystical transmission ends.

"Again?!" The hell?! How dare he order me like some common recruit?!

Mercedes angrily dresses, dons her armor (including Morty's additional exoskeleton), grabs her usual gear and rushes off. On the way, after exiting the gates, she casts Invisibility: Simple using her amulet's PPE rather than her own. She metamorphs herself again to look different, plain, dark haired and eyed. Then she uses the spell Superhuman Speed (-10 PPE) to run to the location she was given.

Assassination #2, or 'How my Lord doth test my patience!'

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
Mercedes

Postby Murdoc » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 53

SNAFU wrote:"Morty or Mortimer, either is fine. I will look for some of Jazz greats after you have left" Morty abruptly stops, and stares into space for 30 seconds or so. "There. The modifications have been made to the Wingrider. You've been very kind... I hope this isn't too forward, but I was wondering what you were planning after the drug regime has run it's course? If you've considered bionics, can I suggest a complete Intelligence transfer? I've been developing a new technique, I believe I could move your entire consciousness into an artificial frame! We could make it look almost exactly like you do now!" Morty looks at Murdoc with an expectant smile and waits for a response.

Murdoc smiles when Morty says he'll go look for music once they're done. When Morty freezes and stares off, Murdoc gives him an odd look and is about to turn and leave when the Neco-Borg speaks up again.

Murdoc is impressed, "The mods are done already? Damn Morty, you are one kick ass dude."

Morty stears the conversation to what Murdoc will do after he goes threw detox, "I've been thinking about just piloting a power armor but if the drugs zap me pretty good, I might not have the physical ability to operate a PA. So yeah, cybernetics is on the list of possibilities. Actually they are pretty much the entire list but I'm not exactly sure what you mean be intelligence transfer. Is that where the brain is hooked up to a robot body? Wait, my consciousness. I, huh, is that even possible?"
Last edited by Murdoc on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Nero » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:00 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
J.I.C: 1d20 = 9|1d100 = 91

Play Musical Instrument vs 77%: 1d100 = 97 (FAIL) - sounds a bit too forlorn, discomforting to listeners.

Murdoc wrote:"So long as you don't go starting any fires while we're pinned up in the tin can. Speaking of, you got the whole floating people bit sorted out, or do we need to keep worrying about our feet leaving the ground?"

Sporting a rather dazed look on her way to lock up her hover-cycle and subsequent return to Baker's meeting, Nero seems only vaguely cognisant when Murdoc shoots his coy wink and response. "Hmm? Yeah, we're all peachy... I recokon'." Moving past it's clear she's not quite 'there'.

Looking rather pallid, more so than usual which is almost a feat in and of itself, Zelda is very clearly distracted throughout the whole meeting - and failing quite miserably at being her usual smart-arse self...

Words, gestures and the like were all sequencing, but the only thing preoccupying her mind was that incessant, dull throbbing at the base of her skull. An insatiable pressure building at the temples causes her to frequently, and futilely rub her eyes throughout the meeting and introductions... even Morti's deliciously brutal vampire 'PR' kit didn't do all that much to relieve her ailment. You'd think after Lone Star I'd be used to having my brains tested, quantified, mangled, mashed...

Standing up almost abruptly after the whole bit regarding the yellowfish and mission parameters she stands up and mumbles something or rather about the christening of vessel, "Names, right... well we'll be namin' her for certain - you want 'em anywhere in particular? Eh, sorry boss-man, disregard. I think I need some Z's... I'll see myself out."

Walking out she does take a very small, and distorted look at the posse of runts Mercede's drags into the compound - but not closely, or willfully enough to engage in a discussion. What in tarnation... slaves, family, both?

Inside her cozy little cottage she slumps to the floor, her back resting against the door. Looking languidly into the distance she's content to stare catatonically at the wall for several moments - even old Alamo's chipper demeanor isn't enough to distract her from the tampering that's been done.

Of all the surgeries... A hand fining itself resting once more on the scar tissue... taking the hardened violin case off her back she exhumes the beautiful antique, fawning over the delicate heirloom. The familiarity and preciousness of the object somewhat relieving, but not entirely.

The night passes by in feverish insomnia and worry, but eventually when rest does overtake her the dream is actually rather pleasant. The soothing and appealing nature of this object is an unfounded and unfamiliar experience - sure she's been overly attached to inanimate objects before, but this was different...

Frolicking wildly in the dream she tries to reach out towards the medallion and grasp it, before waking in sweat soaked sheets. "What in the hell was that all about..." Looking over towards her enchanted armor her mind wanders to the dead flaming chick she pried it off of. This magic shit... never had to deal with it in the states.

Giving up on getting any more sleep she decides to rig up her new violin, amps and all, content to play a slightly forlorn tune... echoing throughout the compound
Nero
HP: 34/34
S.D.C.: 64/64
I.S.P.: 110/110

Flame Burst
    ☞ M.D.C: 54/54
    ☞ Regeneration: 3d6 M.D. per melee
    ☞ Duration: 6/6 Minutes
    ☞ Damage: 6d6 S.D.C. to anyone or anything touched.

Nero

Postby Mercedes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 10;JIC d100: 1d100 = 75

At the Roughnecks HQ, Mercedes goes to check on the kids first.
Can't they share another person's room?
"Hey you guys, how are ya making out?"
She'd never admit it, but they are kin of a sort and she does sorta care about them. Deep down. Way deep down.

After making sure they're dealt with, clean, clothed and fed, Mercedes makes sure to go clean up, wash down her weapons and armor and wash off any sweat. Hmm...maybe that Mortybot can wash my gear.
She hunts one down after taking a shower and asks it politely to clean her stuff and get it back to her room.

((edit))
After pestering a Mortybot, Mercedes realizes that she'd better let Venethrax know that her target is dead, and sends the little bat on its way with the message, 'The task is complete.'.

Then she makes sure that the unusual book is in her possession and heads to her room to study it.
On the way, she looks for Nero, intending to taunt her with the pendant.

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby SNAFU » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:04 am

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc smiles when Morty says he'll go look for music once they're done. When Morty freezes and stares off, Murdoc gives him an odd look and is about to turn and leave when the Neco-Borg speaks up again.

Murdoc is impressed, "The mods are done already? Damn Morty, you are one kick ass dude."

Morty stears the conversation to what Murdoc will do after he goes threw detox, "I've been thinking about just piloting a power armor but if the drugs zap me pretty good, I might not have the physical ability to operate a PA. So yeah, cybernetics is on the list of possibilities. Actually they are pretty much the entire list but I'm not exactly sure what you mean be intelligence transfer. Is that where the brain is hooked up to a robot body? Wait, my consciousness. I, huh, is that even possible?"

"Oh yes, the German's were perfecting the process just before the cataclysm. I will print out a fact sheet for you so that you can familiarize yourself with the process." Within a few moments a butlerbot shows up with a infosheet for Murdoc (assume that you know the basics outlined in the Sourcebook)

Mercedes wrote:At the Roughnecks HQ, Mercedes goes to check on the kids first.
Can't they share another person's room?
"Hey you guys, how are ya making out?"
She'd never admit it, but they are kin of a sort and she does sorta care about them. Deep down. Way deep down.

The kids have settled in well. It seems Morty has set them up with a homemade entertainment system and their own personal Butlerbot to boss around.

Mercedes wrote:Then she makes sure that the unusual book is in her possession and heads to her room to study it.
On the way, she looks for Nero, intending to taunt her with the pendant.

Mercedes heads back to her private space and opens the book and reads the following...

This is the book of power...ful slumber! HAHAHA! Sucker!

As soon as the words register Mercedes blacks out. She wakes up almost two hours later. After several minutes of confusion she realizes what has happened. The book was some kind of trap!
SNAFU

Postby Murdoc » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 67

"Oh yes, the German's were perfecting the process just before the cataclysm. I will print out a fact sheet for you so that you can familiarize yourself with the process." Within a few moments a butlerbot shows up with a infosheet for Murdoc (assume that you know the basics outlined in the Sourcebook)

Murdoc takes the infosheet from the butlerbot and reads it over, "That's...That's, something. That's a lot to wrap your head around. I'll think it over while we're out on this next mission. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna detox when we get back. If the timing on the mission is correct, I'll be juiced just over a year when we get back and I'll have enough credits to have a good choice as to what I want to do."

Turning to leave, Murdoc says, "Take care of yourself while we're away Morty. And if you run out of projects, feel free to tinker with any of the gear I've left behind."

Murdoc then leaves to go get his gear together and over to Dave before he ultimately heads down to the docks.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:48 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, 111 P.A.
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east

It's a warm, beautiful Summer day when the Roughnecks' flight returns them to New Paducah airport. It's a relatively short trip from the airport to their compound, so everyone elects to enjoy the incredible weather and stretch their legs if not forced to drive back a vehicle.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 53

John looks at Murdoc and Will. "Onetwothreego!" He then takes off running, but if Murdoc and/or Will follows him, he matches their pace (I think Will can actually fly faster under his own power. Wait, I don't know where we're going...

Assuming he either follows the others or gets there some other way, John carefully examines the Roughnecks compound. "So, this is your... fort? Barracks? It kind of looks... prefab. If we get some magic wood, I can build some nicer stuff pretty easily. At full size, it's like making dollhouses. NOT THAT I HAVE PLAYED WITH DOLLS!"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 25

Will kicks back and enjoys the flight to the airport. He arranges for his gear to be transported to the Compound and starts to walk through MercTown to the compound.
John Altfeld wrote:John looks at Murdoc and Will. "Onetwothreego!" He then takes off running, but if Murdoc and/or Will follows him, he matches their pace (I think Will can actually fly faster under his own power.

"Ah! Shit! Triušio greitis!" Will calls upon the spell Superhuman Speed (-5 PPE), or as his invoking words refer to it "Speed of the Rabbit". Already naturally fast, this mid-level spell allows him to push himself just a bit faster. Still, he finds himself to be the slower of the trio with Murdoc easily outpacing him twofold and...well... he has no idea where John went. He's too fast. Still, enjoying the friendly competition after so much hard work, Will pushes himself to his magically enhanced limits to sprint to the HQ. "Damn, Rockslide. I didn't realize how fast you really were! Welcome to the Roughnecks Compound. We don't spend too much time here as we're usually on mission. But its got an armory, a gym and a pool. Kinda all you need. I mean, I guess you could need a room. Grab yourself a room and then grab some chow. I bet the fridge is still nice and stocked up. After we check in, I've gotta make a trip to the magic guild and pay some dues. They don't like it if you are too late with your payments. I'll ask them about a line on some magic wood."

Once he's settled in, he gets on the phone and inquires with the MercTown Courier service as to the location of his equipment. "Hello? Yes, this is William Summers of the Roughnecks. I had equipment delivered but I'm missing a crate? An armor and a couple of swords? You don't know where it is? That is... that is going to be a problem. Can I speak to your... Can I... I need to speak to your supervi... your... I need to speak to your... I'm being what? You're the ones who lost my!... Yes, I'll hold."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:31 pm

ROLLS HELD

John arrives at the compound a full five minutes after you get there. "I, uh, realized after we started the race that I didn't know where I was going, so I had to ask directions. Three times. That's my bad. That's on me."

After Will speaks, John looks around some more. "Wow, a pool?!? This place is fancy! If the buildings are tough enough to withstand a casual punch, that's what's most important. If not, I can put together some really nice stuff, I think. I want to make a sort of box/house/backpack that I can carry around for all of us as long as we're not in the submarine. You're going to a magic place? I'm extremely interested in magic equipment - is it cool if I tag along?"

Important Combat Stats
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 74
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 28

Jack looks out the window as the aircraft approaches, "Wow, this place is different than Aussie land, it is so Green! I thought the whole world would be like my home, I know I read the books but it is different seeing the places than reading about places. The world has really changed, even here. What is it they said, CS are radical? They don’t like the changes the, no D-Bees, no magic, no alien stuff.”

The aircraft starts descending and Jack gets his first glimpse of Merctown, “A new home, no more desert, no more jungles. An open city, almost, there are laws, new ways of doing things.”

Jack snaps out of his fixation, “Oh, is someone going to guide me to where I go, I got to take the Romper Stomper with me Right! Murdoc, I don’t want to do anything wrong and end up in Gaol, ah, that is a Jail.”

Once landed Jack disembarks the Aircraft. He streaches a bit glad to be on the ground. He waits to gets his ride and waits for anyone to climb aboard to act as A guide.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

ROLLS HELD

"Hi Robot - do you make drinks? I'll take a margarita, please. Also, I need some shopping done."

John provides the robot a shopping list.

"Thanks Mr. Robot - gotta do some errands!"

John pounds the margarita and exits to Badgerbold Cartographers (96) viewtopic.php?f=171&t=6419

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 am

John Altfeld wrote:"Hi Robot - do you make drinks? I'll take a margarita, please. Also, I need some shopping done." John provides the robot a shopping list. "Thanks Mr. Robot - gotta do some errands!" John pounds the margarita and exits to Badgerbold Cartographers.

The robot's body language changes in an instant. His body language takes on the synthetic appearance of one who is puzzled and curious. "Welcome to the compound. No, I do not make drinks, sir. What makes you..." He's abruptly handed a piece of paper on a list by the fellow. "Umm...okay?" After John's hasty departure the robot looks somewhat upset. "The nerve of some people. Not even a story, or a 'good to see you once more, Dave.' Unbelievable."

William Summer wrote:"Hello? Yes, this is William Summers of the Roughnecks. I had equipment delivered but I'm missing a crate? An armor and a couple of swords? You don't know where it is? That is... that is going to be a problem. Can I speak to your... Can I... I need to speak to your supervi... your... I need to speak to your... I'm being what? You're the ones who lost my! Yes, I'll hold."

After some time on the phone, Will finally discovers that the port authorities in the native country from which they departed confiscated one of the crates for containing "contraband."

Jack's a bit taken aback. The busy dockside district with all its sweaty, greasy hustle and bustle is such a change from the tropical environment in which he's grown accustomed. The warm, windy day at least has one silver lining: the breeze coming over the Ohio River is pleasantly cool, even if it does carry the various odors of the district with it.
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:52 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

Jack arrives at the compound this is a change that he is not sure of as yet, "Lots of people around, this isn’t your normal outback. Not bad weather either, lower temp. and humidity. Lots of different d-bees. wonder if the Crocmen are here?" He parks the vehicle make sure everything is locked up. Then heads for one of the largest buildings.

Once in there he sees some familiar faces, John and William, and an unfamiliar face, a robot? “Hi Mates. Uh, Jack here? Do I call the robot by name?” as he looks to William. "What does he do around here?"

Jack waits, “Guys, I find myself strapped for what ever goes for money here. And I think I should have a suit of armor and maybe a weapon or two.”

(from group stores : NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor, CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse)
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Jack reaches the armory at the compound, is allowed entrance by Wakiza, and withdraws a suit of NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor and a CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Rifle from the racks of weapons, armor, and other gear stored in there.

Transfer from Group Equipment to Character Equipment Sheet completed.
Jack still needs to allocate some items on his equipment sheet.
Augur
Admin

Postby Murdoc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 97

Murdoc just furrows his brows and gives an odd look as John mutters something and bolts off. Then he gives a soft chuckle and shakes his head just a bit as he continues his slow walk from the airport back to the Roughneck's compound.

Grinning at Jack, Murdoc says, "Don't steal anything and don't kill anybody and you should be okay. Follow us, I guess..."

When Will joins in and takes off at a run, Murdoc finally hops to and runs to keep pace with Will. "I guess we're excited to get back. Especially the new guys." He gives a shrug as if to say, What can you do or maybe who wouldn't be.

When they get back to the compound, Murdoc goes about cleaning and storing his gear. When he sees Dave in passing he gives the robot a nod, "Its good to see you again... We had a crazy time out in the field. I'll tell you about it once we get settled back in. Got a good group of new hires that came back with us. Did anything eventful happen here while we were gone?"

As he goes about cleaning and storing his gear he goes over to Jack, "I'm in studio 5. I think 4 is empty. Why don't you grab that one. That way you can pop over if you have any questions. Hey, I see you're still light on gear and I'm guessing funds. I have some extra gear. Take a look. If you like it, its yours. Just promise to watch my back when we're out in the field." He grins as he starts to pull out a variety of weapons and gear;

4 NE-10G Frag Grenades
4 NE-10G HE Grenades
NE-RV03 Ripper Vibro-Saber
Duffel Bag
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Last edited by Murdoc on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Murdoc wrote:When he sees Dave in passing he gives the robot a nod, "Its good to see you again... We had a crazy time out in the field. I'll tell you about it once we get settled back in. Got a good group of new hires that came back with us. Did anything eventful happen here while we were gone?"

Dave pauses for a moment, as if trying to recall something buried deep in his memory. "Well, there was an incursion from demonic beings. Some time ago. The compound was mostly spared, but I did have to grab a weapon from the armory and blast some huge, red, demonic flies that were making a nuisance of themselves. The Defenders, various mercs, and Tennessee Jack's men all rallied in defense of the town. One of the more prestigious, independent merc outfits, Heroes for Hire, was accused of killing Kraus and looting his Triax dealership. Clean-up was swift and the town recovered quite quickly from the damage. Nothing too exciting, really."
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

Grinning at Jack, Murdoc says, "Do steal anything and don't kill anybody and you should be okay. Follow us, I guess..."

Jack follows his friend Murdoc through the winding dockside area.

Jack likes how the robot reacts to John. Jack figures that this is no ordinary robot. He regrets that he called him a robot. “Dave sorry about calling you a robot, I can see that you are much more. I come from Australia, the land Downunder, and I have never seen a being like you. Please take my apology as sincere.”

He doesn’t want to pursue it any more, he will just keep an eye on the AI, called Dave.

When they tell him about the armory Jack excuses himself, “Thanks mates, I’ll get some stuff.”
When at the armory, he locates a few things, and takes them with him.

Murdoc
"I'm in studio 5. I think 4 is empty. Why don't you grab that one. That way you can pop over if you have any questions. Hey, I see you're still light on gear and I'm guessing funds. I have some extra gear. Take a look. If you like it, its yours. Just promise to watch my back when we're out in the field."

Jack replies, “I’ll take number four, I got your back anytime mate, you had mine when I popped in out of nowhere, I’m not goin to forget that.”

Jack heads over to Dave, “Dave, Murdoc says I can have studio 4 is there a key or something like that I need?”

Jack like the Idea of settling in. this is the first place he feels comfortable and can really relax. "Well life might be looking up."
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 pm

Jack Killian wrote:“Dave sorry about calling you a robot, I can see that you are much more. I come from Australia, the land Downunder, and I have never seen a being like you. Please take my apology as sincere.”

Jack heads over to Dave, “Dave, Murdoc says I can have studio 4 is there a key or something like that I need?”

Dave looks puzzled. "But I am a robot, Jack. No need to apologize. I don't take offense to factual statements and objectively true beliefs." Dave nods once, turns on a metal heel, leads Jack to the armory, and retrieves a key card for him to access the number four bungalow. "Welcome to your new home so long as you remain operational, Jack. Nice meeting you, but I've got some repairs to attend to. Please remind everyone that I'm available for 'beer runs' and the like, as master Connor used to put it, when I have time." Dave then wanders off to see to whatever business he has already planned.
Augur
Admin

Postby Murdoc » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 88

Murdoc looks at Dave, "Not too exciting? Frak, that sounds like some of the drek we stumbled through when we were out on the road." He grins a bit, "But in the comfort of your own home. I'm glad you made it through in one piece." He pats Dave on the shoulder and says, "Take to you later. I'm gonna go sort through what gear made it back with me and get the road grime cleaned off of it....and me." He gives a little wave as he walks back to his rooms.

After he gets cleaned up, he starts looking around the compound to see who else is around. First stop, lets see if the noobs what to go look around town. Murdoc hits the closest place first and gives Jack's door a knock. Then a little shout into the closed door, "Yo, bud. Its Murdoc. You wanna go take a look around town?"
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 79

Will sits by the phone for a while before getting up. Contraband? Goddamn bureaucrats and their laws, that was my gear! "Time to man up." Will gathers some of his mission gear together and heads out to sell some of it.

(To the Crimson Dragon)
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 / 82%
JiC 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 93

When Wak walks in to the compound he nods to Dave, Well that was a long one. Spirits look over the town with John running loose. Wak looks at Dave, "Demons huh? Bet they regretted poking their noses in here at Merctown. So did the Heroes get cleared? Or did they do it?" Wak cleans his weapons and lines them up in his various weapons racks.

"So Dave we heard some scuttlebutt when we were out, who is managing things here? Is it Baker or Max?"

When he gets cleaned up and changed he will head out to Geoff Blackman's place first.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 am

Wakiza catches sight of Dave as the robot is securing the armory. "Oh, I'm afraid I didn't bother to pay close attention to the matter, sir. They very well may have been cleared and I just haven't heard. They've not been in town in some time...though the scuttlebutt on the intranet is that the Spook Squad is recently returned." Dave has learned enough about human communication to estimate with reasonable certitude that Wakiza's first question was rhetorical, and so says nothing.

Dave simulates a sound akin to a wooden door being resurfaced with a disc grinder at Wakiza's last question. "Uh, about that, sir. Well, you're the first people to visit the compound since shortly after you left...when the others left as well."
Augur
Admin

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
Yo, bud. Its Murdoc. You wanna go take a look around town?"

Jack, responds to Murdoc, "Hell Yea!" Jack jumps to his feet. He is excited this place is nothing like he ever saw in the Land Downunder. Jack opens the door, and smiles at Murdoc. "Where we heading first. Do I need to take anything?"
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100 / 82%
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 31

What in the Spirit Realm is going on? Wak looks a Dave, "So no one has been running things? Wonderful! Well, we'll get it straightened out when all the Roughnecks are back in base" Don't know much about the Spooks, wonder what they are up to? "Dave, I'll be back. Heading out to meet with a couple old friends."

Heading HERE
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 am

Jack and Mercedes both suddenly feel something akin to icy black icicles being shoved through their ears and into their brains. Before Murdoc can do much more than gawk at their sudden screams of pain, they've collapsed where they were standing.

Jack and Mercedes next see the cloud-flecked sky of a lovely Kentucky springtime afternoon. Their memories are a soft morass of black sludge tinted with premonitions of doom and ominous images of an engulfing cold, darkness, and pain. Murdoc is standing nearby under the midday sun, casting their faces in shadow. Dave stands off to one side, somehow, despite his synthetic features, managing to convey concern through his peculiar body language. A few minutes have passed since the two members of the Roughnecks suddenly clutched their heads, screamed, and collapsed unconscious to the ground.
Augur
Admin

Postby Murdoc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 am

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 23

Detect Ambush 75%=1d100 = 36
First Aid 50%=1d100 = 67

Murdoc grins as Jack opens the door, "We can start by grabbing some food. Then we can wander the market and see if anything catches our eye. As far as what to bring. I've got some cash. You may want to bring anything you have to trade." Once Jack has collected whatever trade goods or whatnot, Murdoc airs the pair of them toward the compound's exit.

As they cross the compound, Murdoc spots Mercedes and gives her a nod. When Jack and Mercedes scream and fall to the ground, Murdoc defaults to him paramilitary training and his hand whips to his sidearm. Drawing the Long Pistol he sweeps the area for sign of possible attack.

If Murdoc sees not source for the apparent attack, He'll drop to Jack's side, being that the man is closer, and feels for a pulse. Frak! I can't feel anything. Could just be me though. Adrenaline's firing. Or my heavy hand (deadened sense of touch) after Pete fixed me up. Best assume they're still alive. He calls out to the compound at large, "MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN!" He scans the compound again and mutters, "Frak, we're the only ones here."

Holstering his pistol, Murdoc scoops up Jack and lifts him over one shoulder then sets out to grab Mercedes. Along the way, Murdoc kicks on his cyber radio, "MAYDAY MAYDAY. This is Murdoc at the compound. Jack and Mercedes just screamed and collapsed. I'm taking them to the clinic now."

Murdoc call out over his shoulder as he moves toward the clinic, , "Dave, secure the compound. Roughneck access only."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 2
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 47

Jack withers on the ground, as if a reset button has been pressed things slowly start coming back to Jack. At first the fog that clouded his mind slowly lifts his eyes start to flutter. “Ouch that hurts. What did I get plastered last night, I have a banging headache? Did someone get a look at the Demon Kangaroo that hit me. Can I move my arms? Yes, it seems they are still here but the world is spinning?“

Jack tries to figure out what has happens as he slowly blinks and opens his eyes, he tries to talk but notice that nothing is coming out.

As Jack lays there a second or two later, things are back to normal. Jack moves his legs and opens his mouth, “What was that?” his hand goes to his head, and his eyes focus on Murdoc and Dave looking over him. “You guys didn’t kiss me on the lips, did you?” He slowly sits up taking things easy, “I think I’m OK, but that was a kick in the head.” He gets to his knees and slowly stands up.

He stands and looks around some more, “Seems like all things are working fine. Wonder who else got hit by this.” He sees Mercedes down too. “How she take it.”
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bettie Houser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 77

John Altfeld wrote:"Hi Robot - do you make drinks? I'll take a margarita, please. Also, I need some shopping done."

"I got ya' covered there haus...where's the bar around here? I'll make drinks for us all...any particular requests?", Bettie says as she looks around for signs of a wet bar. If one is readily apparent she commandeers it and sets to making drinks for anyone who asks. As she works her alcoholic magic, and her drinks are strong, Bettie turns to Wakiza with a timid smile...which is odd for her, "So, just curious, but is there any chance I am going to receive any pay for helping out back there or maybe I could get a pay-day loan so I can resupply? My hover-cycle is gods knows where, plus I want to see if I can get my hands on a second blade like this one. That or something I can get a two handed grip on that is just as effective. Oh, and where is the armory so I can put that big Gatling away?".

{Skill Rolls}
Brewing (mixing drinks); 1d100 = 35% of 50%
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [190/190]
Armor:
- Armored M.D.C. Biker’s Jacket & Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat Pants
M.D.C.: [15/15] & [8/8]
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 71

John runs into the compound and up to Murdoc.

What happened?!? Do we have stretchers we can put them on?!? Why is Bettie making drinks instead of freaking out?!?

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:10 pm

((( Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack looks around as the others come into the compound, He speaks, “I’m OK, something must be up though. Drink sounds good to me.”
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:05 pm

ROLLS HELD

John nods, "I'm glad you're okay. What about her, though?" He points at Mercedes.

He then reaches towards Bettie, and tries to telekinetically grab a drink. "I think I might be sick? Mr. Robot, can you do first aid or does anyone here know how to check on Mercedes, since she's all messed up?"

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:45 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack looks to John, smiles. Then he replies, “You forgot that I fixed a lot of people on the sub?” Jack pauses, “I can try to examine her. But if she wakes up and I have my hands on her she might try to kill me.”

Jack just shakes her first. "Hey Mersedes wake up. Snap out of it."
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:43 pm

ROLLS HELD

John shrugs, "You were just unconscious and I didn't want to presume you were feeling all the way better. If she tries to kill you, I'll stop her by waving something shiny."

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 82%
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 32

From Mercenary Plaza
Murdoc wrote:Holstering his pistol, Murdoc scoops up Jack and lifts him over one shoulder then sets out to grab Mercedes. Along the way, Murdoc kicks on his cyber radio, "MAYDAY MAYDAY. This is Murdoc at the compound. Jack and Mercedes just screamed and collapsed. I'm taking them to the clinic now."

Over the radio, "This is Wakiza checking in. I was also hit with something psychically, It was like some kind of premonition, a nasty, overwhelming psionic event. Bet more than us were hit. Probably every psychic in the city felt it. I was talking with an old friend Goeff Blackman and he thinks it might be related to something that the Grey Seers are looking to investigate. He suggested joining forces with the Spook Squad. He is contacting the Seers on our behalf. I am heading over there now unless you think I need to meet you at the hospital?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

ROLLS HELD

John listens to Wakiza, then looks at Jack. "Oh, you guys had Vision Backlash. That was part of our integrated training in Kingsdale, because of all the psychics and magicians. That sucks. I think I'm supposed to get you ice cream or some orange juice. The sugar's supposed to help it go away."

"... if we're rolling out soon, I need to finish getting some supplies lined up. Do you think she's going to be okay?"

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bettie Houser » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:03 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Wakiza wrote:Before he leaves for Mercenary Plaza
Wak nods, "Yes, as we were all just mercilessly ripped off by both the City of Lazlo and Northern Gun, there will be loans from the Roughnecks account to resupply! Also, we won't be taking anymore jobs for a while where we don't get paid half up front. What happened was ridiculous and unprofessional. I need to have a discussion with Will and Murdoc before any money is disbursed though. Armory is right over there."

Bettie frowns but nods in the affirmative, "Wow, that bites. But I understands ya' need to sort the tabs out before paying anybody. If you need help with balancing the books let me know, I can't imagine running the finances of a merc outfit is much different from a bar. For that matter, is there anything at all I can help with? Oh and uh, would it help if I gave you a list of what I need or could use?", Bettie goes ahead and stows the NE-700 in the armory.
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Murdoc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

[rolls held over]

Murdoc puts Jack down when he wakes but goes ahead and cares Mercedes to the clinic. He checks her vitals to make sure she's still alive. If everything is okay, Murdoc leaves he in the clinic to sleep off whatever hit the psychics.

When Wakiza's call comes in over the radio, Murdoc replies, "Psi stuff. Got it. Jack is back up, Mercedes is stable but I left her in the clinic to sleep off whatever hit her. I don't think she'll need to go to the hospital. Looks like John and Bettie have rolled back up into the compound. I'll gather everyone as they come back in and let them know we might be doubling up with the Spooks for a mission. I'll buzz you if anything changes here."

Murdoc goes back out and joins up with the others that are at the compound. "Might want to keep it to just one drink. Did you hear Wakiza radio call? If not, we might be hooking up with the Spooks to see just what that psychic thing was all about." He turns to John as the man asks about Mercedes and shrugs, "Her vital were stable as far as I could tell. I left her in the clinic to sleep it off."

Murdoc turns to Bettie. (I assume Bettie sold her hover to me when we were on the sub.), "Thanks for selling me your bike. I hope you don't mind but the flame paint job just ain't me. I'm thinking I might spray her matte navy blue. Anyway, Looks like we may need to kit up soon. Check your gear. Hit the group equipment if you have the need to. If you have any equipment requests, let me or Wak know and we'll do our best to outfit the team."

He looks around and does a mental count of team member in his head, "Wak is off to talk to the Spooks, so all we're missing is Flynn and Will." He gives himself a nod and turns to Jack. "So what was this psychic spasm? Did you see anything? You know." He taps the middle of his forehead, as if indicating his third eye or brain or some other thing he really has no clue about.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:28 pm

ROLLS HELD

John nods at Murdoc, "As long as she's stable, from what I hear the clinic will take good care of her. I don't need anything from the armory, but I do need to make two more quick stops before we leave. So I'll be back shortly."

He pats Jack on the back. "Hope you're feeling better. Here, I found this and figured it's more use to you than me." John then hands Jack the Amulet of Detect Spirits. "It changes color when ghosts are present. Or strong alcohol. One of those. He didn't define 'spirits.'"

John bows and then trucks it to Otto's.

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 43
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 51

John
"Oh, you guys had Vision Backlash. That was part of our integrated training in Kingsdale, because of all the psychics and magicians. That sucks. I think I'm supposed to get you ice cream or some orange juice. The sugar's supposed to help it go away."

Jack looks up at John and says, “Ice cream, chocolate fudge brownie, that be OK.” as Jack smiles, “And little sprinkles.”

Murdoc
"Might want to keep it to just one drink. Did you hear Wakiza radio call? If not, we might be hooking up with the Spooks to see just what that psychic thing was all about." He turns to John as the man asks about Mercedes and shrugs, "Her vital were stable as far as I could tell. I left her in the clinic to sleep it off."

Jack looks at John, “Add a whisky chaser for the ice cream John.” To Murdoc, “Spooks Squad? Sounds like ghost busters? Oh and the Pain like some one stabing me in the eye everything dark murky like a black water surrounding me. Feeling of hopelessness, doom.”

John
He pats Jack on the back. "Hope you're feeling better. Here, I found this and figured it's more use to you than me." John then hands Jack the Amulet of Detect Spirits. "It changes color when ghosts are present. Or strong alcohol. One of those. He didn't define 'spirits.'"

Jack replies, “Yea, John and Murdoc, I’ll keep a watch over sleepy beauty for a while. Oh John don’t forget the Ice cream, chocolate fudge brownie. Thanks for the Amulet.“ Jack places it around his neck. “Wonder if this thing will go off around the Spooks Squad.”

Jack heads to the infirmary to look after Mercedes.
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Murdoc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:51 pm

[rolls held]

Murdoc chuckles, "No, the Spook Squad aren't ghost busters. More like spook as in black ops. If what I've heard is right, they're a little less finicky about the jobs they take. But Merc's like us none the less."

When Jack goes to leave, Murdoc puts a hand on his shoulder, "Hold up there buddy. Mercedes will be fine. Lets get you that ice cream and whiskey." Murdoc throws a nod to Dave, "Please, if you will." Turning back to Jack, he asks, "That's all you got? Hopelessness and Doom? Not much to go on. Maybe Wakiza will get more from the Grey Seers."

Murdoc looks around at everyone, "Psychic backlash makes me question what exactly we're up against. Magic and psi aren't really my thing. So if anyone has ideas on how we should kit up, don't hold it back." He glances around again, waiting to see if anyone has some advice.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor:

Weapons:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle

ImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bettie Houser » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:57 am

((Rolls carried over))

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc turns to Bettie. (I assume Bettie sold her hover to me when we were on the sub.), "Thanks for selling me your bike. I hope you don't mind but the flame paint job just ain't me. I'm thinking I might spray her matte navy blue. Anyway, Looks like we may need to kit up soon. Check your gear. Hit the group equipment if you have the need to. If you have any equipment requests, let me or Wak know and we'll do our best to outfit the team."

"She is all yours now, so go right ahead. Sorry, but I didn't catch the radio call. I had stripper outta my armor by that point in all likely hood. Speaking of that and gear, I could use another suit of heavy body armor, that stealth suit I've got is really rare and I'd rather not risk it in straight up combat situations if I can help it. As for the group armory, I already looked through it and there is not much I can make use of there sorry to say. I do enjoy that heavy gun you let me use before though! I was about to head out and pick up a few things, including a new hovercycle, trouble is I may need to ask Wak, or you I guess, for a pay advance. I don't suppose you know which shops in MercTown are likely to have or be able to get their hands on blades like this one?", she draws her sword and shows if to Murdoc.

Upon hearing the Mercedes is apparently unconscious Bettie appears quite concerned, "I hope she gets better soon, I don't want to end up being the only gal around here.".

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc chuckles, "No, the Spook Squad aren't ghost busters. More like spook as in black ops. If what I've heard is right, they're a little less finicky about the jobs they take. But Merc's like us none the less."

Murdoc looks around at everyone, "Psychic backlash makes me question what exactly we're up against. Magic and psi aren't really my thing. So if anyone has ideas on how we should kit up, don't hold it back." He glances around again, waiting to see if anyone has some advice.

"Spook Squad? Weird name, but ok, if working with them gets us a paying job, lets do it.", Bettie scratches her head when Murdoc mentions psychic and magic stuff, "For that, you head better ask someone else around here. I don't know much about either, sorry!".
Last edited by Bettie Houser on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, 111 P.A.
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east

An hour has passed since your collective return to the compound.

John Altfeld wrote: "Mr. Robot, can you do first aid or does anyone here know how to check on Mercedes, since she's all messed up?"

Dave the Robot cocks his head to one side momentarily. "It's just 'Dave,' sir, and I do not know how to diagnose or treat the maladies of mea...organic beings such as yourselves."
Jack Killian wrote:Jack just shakes her first. "Hey Mersedes wake up. Snap out of it."

Mercedes is totally unresponsive, though she is still breathing.

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc throws a nod to Dave, "Please, if you will."

Dave just cocks his head oddly in the direction opposite of that to which he had recently cocked it.

John then hands Jack the Amulet of Detect Spirits.

I have no record of such. Was it ever posted in template?
Augur
Admin

Postby Bettie Houser » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Bettie changes into her road leathers, straps her sword to her back and heads off to Weapons of Wonder (129).
Bettie Houser
Armor:
Weapons:
- Kisentite Sword
- (2) NE-6SLs
Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
- Wilk's PRC-5
- (8) Speed loaders
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mercedes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 14;JIC d100: 1d100 = 31
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 31/80%

"What? WHAT? I was having the most wonderful dream of diving into riches piled high and you RUINED it! RUINER!"
Mercedes takes been shaken rather badly and looks ready to zap the one responsible.
Of course it would be Jack. Why wouldn't it be?

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

Mercedes

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:04 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
When Jack goes to leave, Murdoc puts a hand on his shoulder, "Hold up there buddy. Mercedes will be fine. Let’s get you that ice cream and whiskey." Murdoc throws a nod to Dave, "Please, if you will." Turning back to Jack, he asks, "That's all you got? Hopelessness and Doom? Not much to go on. Maybe Wakiza will get more from the Grey Seers."

Jack hold up on going to the take care of Mercedes. He responds to Murdoc about what he felt, “Honest I didn’t see any faces or other telltale clues just a super pain in my head, followed by doom, darkness cold, engulfing cold. That is the best I got, not sure what it is, but evil, Definitely Evil!"

When Mercedes finally wakes up and walks out of the Infirmary. She heads to Jack and Murdoc. Jack speaks up seeing that Mercedes is hell bent for something, “Glad to see you up. Both of us were affected by some Psychic burst. Mercedes you collapsed, Murdoc and I try to wake you but you didn’t wake up with just talking. I shook you but still nothing. Murdoc took you to the infirmary. We need you tell us what you felt?”

Jack thinks the words were not the best. So he says, "I ment from the Psychic onslaught."
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Copied from this post for convenience sake.

Murdoc wrote: "MAYDAY MAYDAY. This is Murdoc at the compound. Jack and Mercedes just screamed and collapsed. I'm taking them to the clinic now."

Wakiza wrote:Over the radio, "This is Wakiza checking in. I was also hit with something psychically, It was like some kind of premonition, a nasty, overwhelming psionic event. Bet more than us were hit. Probably every psychic in the city felt it. I was talking with an old friend Goeff Blackman and he thinks it might be related to something that the Grey Seers are looking to investigate. He suggested joining forces with the Spook Squad. He is contacting the Seers on our behalf. I am heading over there now unless you think I need to meet you at the hospital?"

Murdoc wrote:"Psi stuff. Got it. Jack is back up, Mercedes is stable but I left her in the clinic to sleep off whatever hit her. I don't think she'll need to go to the hospital. Looks like John and Bettie have rolled back up into the compound. I'll gather everyone as they come back in and let them know we might be doubling up with the Spooks for a mission. I'll buzz you if anything changes here."

"Big Bill, heard you loud and clear. If the situation is currently stable, I've got one more stop before I head back to base. Tell Dave I'll be home soon and I expect that soup I like."
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 82%
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 87

Over comms, "The Spooks are mulling it over, but I believe they will at least hear what the offer is. Is Mercedes up yet? Murdoc do you and Will want to show up at Mercenary Plaza when we head back for the meeting?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Murdoc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Percep: 74%: 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 59

Murdoc nods as Bettie heads off to gear up with their recent payoff, then turns as Mercedes comes in, "Good to see you up Mercedes." As Jack mentions the psychic backlash, Mudoc says, "Any clues would be nice. Wakiza went to talk to the Grey Seers but anything else could be useful."

He pauses a moment as her ever bad mood spills forth, then he grins as says, "Well, while you were...uh.... recovering, the cash from the last mission was split out. You should have a fat purse waiting for you." He gives Mercedes a smile when his comm squeaks to life.

Big Bill wrote:"Big Bill, heard you loud and clear. If the situation is currently stable, I've got one more stop before I head back to base. Tell Dave I'll be home soon and I expect that soup I like."

Sir Commander Shades wrote:"The Spooks are mulling it over, but I believe they will at least hear what the offer is. Is Mercedes up yet? Murdoc do you and Will want to show up at Mercenary Plaza when we head back for the meeting?"

Murdoc gives his head a little twitch as he clicks over his cyber comms, "Roger Roger. Mercedes is up and pleasant as ever. Waiting to see if she saw anything in her vision. I'm taking Jack out to look around the city and gear up. Give me a time for the meet and I'll be there. Out."

Murdoc turns to Jack, "If you wanna burn some of that cash, lets hit it." He turns to Dave, knowing full well the robot received the transmission as well, and shrugs as what can you do kind of motion, "Little Willie likes his soup. If you could oblige the man, that would be great."

He looks to Mercedes, "Your welcome to come too."

He checks the gear that's on him and verifies he has his money, and with that Murdoc slaps Jack on the shoulder "Come on. I know a place you'll get a kick out of." then he trots out to, Magefire Weapons
Travis Murdoc
Current Details

Armor: