M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 pm

M.A.R.S. Compound

Building is secured by a joint venture between the Merchant's Association and the Collegiate Arcane, this security service is among the best money can buy taking full advantage of magical and mundane technologies. Equal to "Paranoid" in the Mercenary Company Creation Log. Installation Fee & Set-Up Fee: 150,000 (includes permanent magical enhancements) plus Monitoring: 120,000 every three quads.

Details
IRON FIST SYSTEMS
The company uses Ironfist Field Systems for the rooms, repair bay and lab facilities. These are basically cargo containers pre-loaded with gear designed to be dropped in the field to produce bases, mining communities, etc. Each one is 40' x 8' x 9'6". There are 11 containers in total. Residential units are on top of the lab and mechanical units. The upper levels are accessible by the catwalk.

1x Lab Unit
1x Mechanical Unit (for taller vehicles you can work in the garage area but would have a container to store your tools)
1x Medical Unit
8x Residential Unit - two rooms with shared bath, kitchen, and laundry

Lab Unit
Includes basic equipment and tools such as computers, microscopes, spectrometer for chemical analysis, containers for storing specimens, an examination/autopsy table, a couple of lab tables, four desks, shelves, an isolation chamber, quarantine room, and other equipment for a lab. The door can be locked, and has 30 M.D.C.

Mechanical Unit
This unit includes basic robotics and vehicular tools, diagnostic computer, design computer, laser mold making system, a small lift and two heavy welding/bonding systems. It can be used to repair most human sized robots, power armor, and vehicles. The laser mold allows for making custom parts, one at a time. The tools are suitable for larger robots and vehicles but a larger lift is needed.

Medical Unit
One main examination room, two very small examination rooms, one sick room with four beds that fold down from the wall for the seriously ill, and a small doctor’s lab comprise the med-bay. There is medical equipment and capabilities roughly equal to a small clinic, including x-ray machine, EKG, EEG, and so on. Advanced med systems such as a half dozen of each of the following: Bio-Comp Monitors, Compu-Drug Dispensers, IRMSS (Internal Robot Medical Surgeon Systems), IRVT (Internal Robot Visual Tansmitters), RAU (Robot Antiseptic Units), RMK (Robot Medical Kits), RSU (Sedative Units), Palm Bio-Units, Micro Scales, a Portable Bio-Scan, Bio-Lab, Portable Laboratory, one Portable Scan Dihilator, one portable language translator, and a Multi-Optics Helmet are all standard equipment that come stocked in the Iron Fist Systems med-lab. The door can be locked, and has 30 M.D.C.

Residential Unit - 2 Room
Similar to a small two bedroom apartment. Features a small kitchen, sitting area, bathroom and two small bedrooms with room for a bed and small desk. Certainly an upgrade from the cramped barracks-style of most module designs. A little privacy and comfort in the field.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Postby Rocky » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 14
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 23

Rocky enters the compound, “Dang it is good to be back.“ He parks the Barge and he moves his stuff out of the Jeep and into his room.

Rocky is shocked at the inactivity, “Where is Pieter?” “Pieter we are Home!”

Rocky turns to Daphne, “Daphne I think there are a couple of rooms that are empty right now, 6, 7 and 8, I believe. Saul And Felix can move in one of them."

ttp://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vie ... 78&t=17438

“We need the bots to look over the Jeep and other vehicles.” Rocky heads over to the drones and tell them to check the vehicles and do any minor work then have a list of major repairs with estimated times of repair.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Saul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:30 am

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 81

JIC 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 28

Saul gets through the front gate with the others, and observes Merctown stoically as they pass, eventually arriving at the MARS compound. He is, at least initially, dismayed by the array of cargo-container-like pods within the compound, and the lack of permanent structures.

Rocky wrote:“Daphne I think there are a couple of rooms that are empty right now, 6, 7 and 8, I believe. Saul And Felix can move in one of them."

Rooms 6, 7, and 8. Seven is an auspicious number... if one were given to numerology and predestination. However... One room is just as good as another.

Saul nods. "I shall take Room Seven, I believe. Thank you once more for the hospitality. I shall unpack and then make myself available as needed."

Saul proceeds to the pod numbered "7" and hauls his belongings inside, finding it more a suite than a room. He is pleased that it is more than he was accorded at the Dweomer institute, furnished with a kitchen, a parlor, and two bedrooms. He places his packs on the bed in one, and steps into the second. This shall serve quite well as a personal library, I believe. I shall need to remove this bed, I think, and purchase several standard bookshelves, and perhaps a locking bookshelf or two. Though I was taken aback by outward apeparances I believe this room assignment will be quite satisfactory. There's a lesson in there about judging by outward appearances... I should make a note of that.

He returns to the "main bedroom" and unpacks his clothing into the closet and drawers, and places his books, for now, upon the desk. The rest of his gear he arrays on the bed.

Then he goes outside, to see how he might assist elsewhere.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Felix » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 42/40%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 14
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20

Rocky wrote:Rocky turns to Daphne, “Daphne I think there are a couple of rooms that are empty right now, 6, 7 and 8, I believe. Saul And Felix can move in one of them."

Felix is not sure what to make of Rocky's suggestion.

¿Nos mira porque somos animales mutantes?

"Eh... escuse me please.. Señor Roe-Key, is ok if Saul get one room and I get different one instead of moving into one together? " asks the Flying Tiger in response to Rocky's statement that he and Saul can move into one of the available rooms.

"I no have problem sleeping in same room as Señor Sah-ool, pero... he may have lady friend over late at night... y necesito mi Siesta de Belleza, heheh... eh, 'beauty sleep', si?" he says, winking at Saul.

He stands there with his gear, waiting for Rocky's reply.

Spanish Translations
Is he looking down on us because we are mutant animals?
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131

Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Felix

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky looks at Felix and states, "Yes Felix you can have your own room. That is what I meant. One room for Saul and one room for you. When we are done we can head into the town. I got to see Jennifer, my fiance."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Felix » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 am

**rolls held**

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Felix and states, "Yes Felix you can have your own room. That is what I meant. One room for Saul and one room for you. When we are done we can head into the town. I got to see Jennifer, my fiance."

Felix nods and smiles. "No problema, Señor Roe-Key. Go see tu promitida... eh, bring flowers, si?" he suggests helpfully.

He then goes into room 8 and sets up the room for himself, arranging things as needed. When finished, he comes out into the hallway.

He says to Saul, "Señor Sah-ool... what we do now? You want to see Merctown? I stay here a year ago for a few weeks, before moving to Testament. What you want to see primero?"

*Tal vez podamos conseguir algo de comida primero ... ¡Tengo hambre!

Spanish Translations
*= Maybe we can get some food first... I am hungry!
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Postby Daphne » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15/32%
Just in Case: [dice]d10[/dice]; [dice]d00[/dice]
Conditions: None.

Rocky wrote:Rocky turns to Daphne, “Daphne I think there are a couple of rooms that are empty right now, 6, 7 and 8, I believe. Saul And Felix can move in one of them."

Does he want me to show them to a room? i mean they're literally over there. Daphne thinks before looking at Felix and Saul.

"Those three rooms over there are available." Daphne says pointing to the three rooms in question. Daphne then makes her way to her own room, one she's spent maybe three nights in, and drops her bags onto the bed. "Home sweet home, I guess." Daphne says to herself. Daphne makes her way out of her room and back into the main warehouse area.

Daphne looks to Rocky and Enstweavel, then to Saul and Felix. "I'm going to head to the Arms Bazaar, I want to pick up a rifle for the future. Anyone want come?" Daphne asks, clearly just making enough effort to seem social.

'Alright then, I'm off." Daphne says as she walks to her destination.

Arms Bazaar: Northern Gun Store
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Perception:1d100 = 93 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel arrives at the compound. He scampers off to his room, storing his backpack. Once everything is put away, he returned to where the rest of MARS has gathered. When Daphne mentions if anyone want to accompany her to buy some new hardware, Ernstweavel looks down at his sidearm. Man do need something better. Just wish we had finished and gotten paid for this last job, then I'd have more money. Not much more I can do about it now. "I need something better than this peashooter but at last, I fear I don't have the adequate funds."
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1801
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm

The group of oddballs arrive at the MARS compound and the newcomers to the group have the vacant rooms pointed out to them by those with more experience. Everyone goes through the motions according to their priorities. Before long, Daphne is ready to venture out into the early evening (the sun is still up and quite warm) and procure some necessary upgrades. Ernstweaval concurs after reviewing his own gear. Meanwhile, the others are social with one another and seem interested in their own ends.

GM NOTE: Remember to post to where you're going (links appreciated), and if you're shopping familiarize yourself with the rarity & availability rules. Have fun!
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Saul » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:17 am

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 20

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 16

Felix wrote:"Señor Sah-ool... what we do now? You want to see Merctown? I stay here a year ago for a few weeks, before moving to Testament. What you want to see primero?"

Saul nods. "Indeed. I've not been here before so at a minimum I should like to get the lay of the land. as to what to see first, I must admit I am at a loss, for I have no pref..."

Daphne wrote:"I'm going to head to the Arms Bazaar, I want to pick up a rifle for the future. Anyone want come?"

Saul smiles. "Providence has provided us a direction, it seems. I think Felix and I can accompany you to the Arms Bazaar easily enough."

Ernst wrote:"I need something better than this peashooter but at last, I fear I don't have the adequate funds."

Saul smiles at the wizard. "If you find something more suitable, I might be able to lend you some credits. I myself an adequately equipped for the time being. Although I am always in the market for books." He gestures with his hand in the direction of the entrance/exit to the M.A.R.S. compound.

"Shall we?"

Saul will let Daphne lead the way to the Arms Bazaar, as he has zero familiarity with MercTown.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Felix » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/40%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 65
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Saul wrote:Saul smiles. "Providence has provided us a direction, it seems. I think Felix and I can accompany you to the Arms Bazaar easily enough."

Ernst wrote:"I need something better than this peashooter but at last, I fear I don't have the adequate funds."

Saul smiles at the wizard. "If you find something more suitable, I might be able to lend you some credits. I myself an adequately equipped for the time being. Although I am always in the market for books." He gestures with his hand in the direction of the entrance/exit to the M.A.R.S. compound.

"Shall we?"

Saul will let Daphne lead the way to the Arms Bazaar, as he has zero familiarity with MercTown.

Felix nods at Saul's suggestion.

"I no has mucho dinero, pero I still go with you and see what they have. Maybe learn some things too, or find books, si?" he says.

Shrugging nonchalantly, the Flying Tiger leaves his main armor and backpack (minus his card) in his room, taking the remainder of his gear along with the rest of the group to the Arms Bazaar: Northern Gun Store

Veamos que ha cambiado en el último año.

Spanish Translations
Let's see what has changed in the last year.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status

Always On

Saving Throw Bonuses
Felix

Return to The Outskirts